Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/2/2020

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

While their criticism of the party being reduced to two old, white men is true, I resent the fact that they didn’t acknowledge their own role in making that happen. Their show was extremely biased in Biden’s favor. McCain in particular whining on this topic when she’s the biggest purveyor of misogyny on this show is hilarious. She was selling “Kamala Is a Cop” shirts, accused Kamala of division for challenging Joe Biden, and I think the first Dem her infamous “infanticide” routine began with was Amy Klobuchar. She was also the one most obsessed with mocking Marianne Williamson, when most people just ignored her. But I think Joy's assessment is probably the closest to reality. Most people are terrified of Trump and they think misogyny in America would allow him to defeat a female candidate more easily. 

I do wonder what they (minus Meghan) would do if Biden isn't the nominee.  Remember Joy said she only liked Bernie in 2016 because she knew he would never win the nomination.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, maybe I'm not remembering this correctly.  Yes, Hillary did receive some criticism for sticking by Bill (remember her statement during their 60 Minutes interview in 1992 where she said, "...I'm not sitting here, some little woman standing by my man like Tammy Wynette"), and then she did. 

But Hillary received an enormous amount of sympathy for what she went through during the Lewinsky scandal, and that sympathy somewhat paved the way for her to run for senate in N.Y., a state where she had never previously lived.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 4

I’m glad Whoopi shut McCain up on the Lewinsky topic because, yes, there have been many great presidents who cheated on their wives. Bill Clinton is not the first and he won't be the last, grow up. Whoopi was right to bring up JFK, because he cheated on his wife left, right, and sideways--more than Clinton ever did.

McCain is so disappointed Bill Clinton hasn’t been ostracized during the MeToo era despite her every attempt to smear him these past three years, but maybe the reason for that is because having a consensual affair with Lewinsky doesn’t make a man a sexual predator no matter how many times you bring it up, Messy. As far as who got it worse, Joy’s right that America suffered the most here because voters took it out on Hillary, which is just one more thing that helped contribute to her loss. And while Lewinsky got it rough and I feel sorry for her, she at least had a choice in having put herself in that situation. Hillary, on the other hand, was put through it despite having done nothing wrong.

But hearing McCain talk about how hard it was for Sarah Palin as a woman instead--what a laugh. I think that one had more to do with lack of experience than gender, Messy, but let's gloss over that...

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m glad Whoopi shut McCain up on the Lewinsky topic because, yes, there have been many great presidents who cheated on their wives. 

Not to mention senators. 

Sara was a breath of fresh air. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

Sara on the show made me miss her. She was someone who could look at both sides while still forming her own opinion on things. She's more fluid in that sense. Plus, I like that she brought up that we need to stop putting people into groups because it's not a monolith. Women don't vote the same. Black people don't vote the same. Middle of America don't vote the same. It's sad that it took a guest host to bring this up, because it annoys me whenever the hosts group people together.

20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yeah Meghan really should just shut up when the topic is politicians who cheat on their wives.

I see what you did there and you're right.

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't want to go off topic but from what I remember Palin was chosen because of the mistaken assumption Hillary voters mad about her not being the nominee would vote for Palin.  It was an insulting assumption and voters saw Palin for exactly who she was. A woefully unqualified moron.

It’s what they were saying on the show— the expectation that women will vote for a female candidate or Black people for a Black candidate, solely because of gender or race, is insulting. 

• Love 13

It seems like it was the oral sex in the Oval Office that Meghan had the problem with.  She said Clinton "desecrated" the Oval Office.  Almost as if it had it taken place somewhere "appropriate" she would have been okay with it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

These ladies know that Tulsi is still running for President, right? She has no chance of winning, but neither did Klobuchar or Warren so even though the latter two left it doesn't mean that there are no more women running.

I don't even care for Tulsi, but I feel bad that everyone is forgetting about her.

who?  {i'll show myself out}

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Megs looks like a circus tent.  What a horrid skirt.

That skirt would look lovely.....on a tall, slender woman. Mags obviously doesn't know her body very well because she constantly lets them put her in clothes that are anything but flattering!

Sara looks lovely. Why is it when anyone leaves that show and comes back, they look amazing? Like two weeks at a five star resort! I know she got slagged off a little for sometimes coming across as a bit of a lightweight but then look at what they are saddled with now. At least she is POLITE and acts like a grown woman.

It sounds like all Mags does at home every evening is watch reality shows and monitor Twitter whilst knocking back bourbons. 

What's with the Whoopster's lumberjack look today? And why is she on? It's Friday, yes?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Sara on the show made me miss her. She was someone who could look at both sides while still forming her own opinion on things. She's more fluid in that sense. Plus, I like that she brought up that we need to stop putting people into groups because it's not a monolith. Women don't vote the same. Black people don't vote the same. Middle of America don't vote the same. It's sad that it took a guest host to bring this up, because it annoys me whenever the hosts group people together.

That is true but at the same time there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that different groups in this country have specific needs/concerns and will vote accordingly at times as a bloc.  What drives a Black person to the polls may be different than a Latino  and sometimes they may even intersect..

I get annoyed when people on this show say that Elizabeth Warren is far left, she was not at all..

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It seems like it was the oral sex in the Oval Office that Meghan had the problem with.  She said Clinton "desecrated" the Oval Office.  Almost as if it had it taken place somewhere "appropriate" she would have been okay with it.

Where else is the POTUS going to have an affair.  He/She can not exactly sneak down to the local no tell motel.  

• LOL 17
36 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

That skirt would look lovely.....on a tall, slender woman. Mags obviously doesn't know her body very well because she constantly lets them put her in clothes that are anything but flattering!

Sara looks lovely. Why is it when anyone leaves that show and comes back, they look amazing? Like two weeks at a five star resort! I know she got slagged off a little for sometimes coming across as a bit of a lightweight but then look at what they are saddled with now. At least she is POLITE and acts like a grown woman.

It sounds like all Mags does at home every evening is watch reality shows and monitor Twitter whilst knocking back bourbons. 

What's with the Whoopster's lumberjack look today? And why is she on? It's Friday, yes?

This is the second Friday in a row. I look forward to Fridays for a reason . . .

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I agree with Sara that looking back on the Lewinsky affair makes me see things differently.  I was barely 30 yrs old and single and thought the whole thing was overblown (no pun intended).  Now I'm 51 and was married once and see that Bill Clinton was selfish and didn't think about the people he ended up hurting. I remember thinking poorly of Monica.  And for that I apologize.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Imagine thinking that oral sex desecrated the Oval Office and not, like, choosing to bomb innocent civilians while you're in it.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Ok, so Whoopi screwed up the paternal/maternal thing again.  Again. 

This was pathetic.  She couldn't have just said her grandmother had passed?  She had to fumble and get it wrong again?  This will actually be hurtful to the family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for ML. She had an inappropriate history and major emotional issues before she landed in DC. Hell, that's part of why she relocated across the country (from Cali). She chased after BC and, among other behaviors at work, lifted the hem of her suit jacket so she could flick the waistband of her thong at him.

Her interest in him and her acting out were so obvious that she was transferred to a different position to minimize her opportunities for stalking, not that it did any good.

I'm not defending him, not in the least, he was the mature adult (cough) in a powerful position. But there's no way he chased her or defiled her or took advantage of her. No freakin' way. 

His other indiscretions aside, he wasn't looking for another notch on his belt - but she was. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 22

When I saw MeAgain in that black blouse tucked into that fugly skirt, it reminded me of a friend of my mom's and how she dressed, in spite of the fact that she was attractive and slim.  She dressed like a crazy old woman in a cult.

I  like Sara but found her super annoying today.  She seemed to be trying too hard.  I don't watch her show so I imagine this is what she is like over there, but it was a bit much to take. And she seemed to really want to let everyone know she is still part of the gang.  Maybe that was a dig at MeAgain?  During the cooking segment she couldn't shut up and then she shoved that dish toward Joy.  But I did appreciate her perspective in the hot topics segments.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

When I saw MeAgain in that black blouse tucked into that fugly skirt, it reminded me of a friend of my mom's and how she dressed, in spite of the fact that she was attractive and slim.  She dressed like a crazy old woman in a cult.

I  like Sara but found her super annoying today.  She seemed to be trying too hard.  I don't watch her show so I imagine this is what she is like over there, but it was a bit much to take. And she seemed to really want to let everyone know she is still part of the gang.  Maybe that was a dig at MeAgain?  During the cooking segment she couldn't shut up and then she shoved that dish toward Joy.  But I did appreciate her perspective in the hot topics segments.

I was wondering is Sara allowed to speak on her show? Wow, she had a lot to say 😁. I liked Sara fine and would take her over Meghan (the reason I almost never watch) she just talked so much.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

Joy wasn't herself today, Meghan in her loud and giggly persona is just as annoying as her other one, and for some reason having Sara there didn't go as well as it should have (interestingly, I just realized - she wasn't asked about, and didn't bring up, her kids - for Meghan's sake?).

With Sara guest-hosting this week, and Bitsy guest-hosting next week, maybe these really are "auditions", and one reason why Whoopie was there today, so tptb could see how the group does together?  (Obviously Sunny's absence threw a wrench in that plan, if it's the case.)

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was wondering is Sara allowed to speak on her show? Wow, she had a lot to say 😁. I liked Sara fine and would take her over Meghan (the reason I almost never watch) she just talked so much.

She talked alot because Messy and Whoopie could not stop shoving it in.. Those two love to eat.. Whoopie claimed today that she does not like to eat sweets,  yeah right...

Whoopie eats like she has not had a meal in a while and the directors did us a solid in not showing Whoopie talk with her mouth full of food.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

And we all know Whoopi takes the leftovers home.  Or at least to her dressing room.   Hell, she probably has it written into her contract.  All left over free food, mine! 

Wendy Williams does that on her show..

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

She talked alot because Messy and Whoopie could not stop shoving it in.. Those two love to eat.. Whoopie claimed today that she does not like to eat sweets,  yeah right...

Whoopie eats like she has not had a meal in a while and the directors did us a solid in not showing Whoopie talk with her mouth full of food.

What are you talking about? Whoopi never eats, forgets to eat altogether, has to be reminded to eat. She just doesn't care about food 😁😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Ok, that one made me scream at the tv. Does she even know what desecrate means? OMG, oral SEX?? Ewww. Take a black light in there and you'd probably find the spunk from how many ex-presidents? Not that I care to think about it, but sheesh, get a fucking grip. She's such a prude. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
(edited)
21 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Ok, that one made me scream at the tv. Does she even know what desecrate means? OMG, oral SEX?? Ewww. Take a black light in there and you'd probably find the spunk from how many ex-presidents? Not that I care to think about it, but sheesh, get a fucking grip. She's such a prude. 

Exactly! wasn't there a President who moved his mistress into the White House or am I mistaken? Megan is pretending to be a prude, she is far from that..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, suomi said:

I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for ML. She had an inappropriate history and major emotional issues before she landed in DC. Hell, that's part of why she relocated across the country (from Cali). She chased after BC and, among other behaviors at work, lifted the hem of her suit jacket so she could flick the waistband of her thong at him.

Her interest in him and her acting out were so obvious that she was transferred to a different position to minimize her opportunities for stalking, not that it did any good.

I'm not defending him, not in the least, he was the mature adult (cough) in a powerful position. But there's no way he chased her or defiled her or took advantage of her. No freakin' way. 

His other indiscretions aside, he wasn't looking for another notch on his belt - but she was. 

I am very pro-woman in most situations, but I agree with you, Suomi.

I had heard all that about ML info back in the day too, as well as info on Gennifer Flowers, and others.. I remember when GF was in Playboy.  No excuses for Clinton either. He's a dog, too, in that department.  I liked him on other issues and I voted for him and for Hillary. 

The ML jokes did get very old, very fast though, and they never seemed to go away. 

IMHO, the whole situation was blown out of proportion by the other side. (Sorry, couldn't resist)🙂

Megaphone is a total phony. I'm waiting for the day when she splits the seams while eating. Remember her belt popped off one day? Not that she's fat, just that her clothes don't fit properly nor are they the most stylish for her body type and age. 

I was surprised Me-again didn't hijack Sunny's death in the family by reminding everyone of you-know-who. 

Happy Daylight Savings Weekend everyone.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Sarah looked so fresh and pretty  today.  I don’t watch her other show, way too much noise for me.  The keto diet appears to be good for her.  I think most cardiologists would disagree.  

My God, what has the keto done to Rocco DeSpirito? He gained an awful lot of weight.

And the cooking segment was a disaster - they all overtalked each other, and didn't give him a chance to speak or explain anything (and you could tell he was getting annoyed). He was there for a reason - to push his cookbook for the keto diet and explain how easy it was to cook, but they turned him into their personal chef as they ignored him and conversed with each other. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

Meghan's pearl-clutching is just an excuse for her to demonstrate how More American Than Thou she is. Thus, consensual oral sex in the Oval Office is desecration, but not the slave-owning, warmongering, or cronyism (Andrew Jackson and others) of past Presidents. Read a book, McCain.

It was good to see Sara back at the table, though. I forgot that she was a true centrist, and The View could really use someone to push back against the partisanship of the others.

• Love 21

Megan kept doing her fake laugh on Friday's episode. 😑

Isn't Whoopi dyslexic? Is that why she has so much trouble reading the teleprompter? She's always misspeaking then saying that the teleprompter didn't have the right wording. Surely these professionals aren't screwing up the teleprompter every single day. It's really annoying. Also, when she yells at them to roll back the teleprompter.

I wish the show had a more professional moderator. I'm tired of the welcome to the view yelling at the beginning of the show; how Whoopi has so much trouble presenting topics clearly and concisely; and how she does the valley girl voice for certain topics.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, lusinia said:

With Sara guest-hosting this week, and Bitsy guest-hosting next week, maybe these really are "auditions", and one reason why Whoopie was there today, so tptb could see how the group does together?  (Obviously Sunny's absence threw a wrench in that plan, if it's the case.)

I think so, too. Perhaps that's why Sara was so talky--to prove she's not afraid to argue or deal with McCain?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Well Meghun, Clinton could have been President but you know... crooked hillary. I might be misremembering but didn't they have a segment a few months ago where one of the other women candidates said sexism was playing a role in low support and it seemed like the ladies at the table brushed it off.

And bye at constantly saying Warren and Sanders are far left.

• Love 7

https://wornontv.net/177603/

That is a fugly skirt for sure, but I don't think it is meant to be worn with a fugly black blouse.  I think the idea is that top should blend into the colour of the skirt.  So when someone like MeAgain wants to hike up the elastic band on this truly fugly skirt, like she did today, no one would notice. 

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, leftlane said:

Megan kept doing her fake laugh on Friday's episode. 😑

Isn't Whoopi dyslexic? Is that why she has so much trouble reading the teleprompter? She's always misspeaking then saying that the teleprompter didn't have the right wording. Surely these professionals aren't screwing up the teleprompter every single day. It's really annoying. Also, when she yells at them to roll back the teleprompter.

I wish the show had a more professional moderator. I'm tired of the welcome to the view yelling at the beginning of the show; how Whoopi has so much trouble presenting topics clearly and concisely; and how she does the valley girl voice for certain topics.

They have Joy as moderator and it should be every day.

• Love 13

Both Meghan and Sara looked ridiculous. Meghan looked like she was wearing a Hot Air Balloon for a skirt, and Sara looked like she had her First Communion dress on for a skirt. Whoever told these two to wear black tops yesterday really got it wrong.

As for Whoopie, I wish she was talking in her Valley Girl voice to Rocco when he was explaining the Keto diet. I'm sure that would have gone over really well. Or maybe she could have spoken in an Italian accent  - imitate Marlon Brando from 'The Godfather' ? I'm sure Rocco would've loved that. 

• LOL 4
On 3/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, Ladyrain said:

Nutty is SO transparent.   She is positively gleeful at the prospect of lording it over Sara that she took her spot.   She's giddy!   She's smiling!   She's upbeat!   She won't stop talking!   You know, all those things that she isn't when Ana is at the table.   Megs is not afraid of Sara; she feels superior to Sara, and it shows.   With Ana, MM sits there nearly silent, scowling, frowning, all but drumming her fingers on the table waiting for the hour to be over. 

But she didn't take Sara's spot. If you remember Sara and Meghan were on the show at the same time. Abby Huntsman took Sara's spot.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

But she didn't take Sara's spot. If you remember Sara and Meghan were on the show at the same time. Abby Huntsman took Sara's spot.

Yep. It was good to see her but I remember feeling really bad for her when she was on the wrong end of Megan. Sara would always try to soften Megan’s rants. I don’t see her coming back even though the threesome she is apart of now is hard to watch. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

OMG, you're right.   Honest to pete, Abby was so blah that I forgot she was even there.   Seriously, lol.   My brain went right from Sara to Megs, did not stop at Abby.  Thank you for setting me straight.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 3/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, ThePurpleArcher said:

And the cooking segment was a disaster - they all overtalked each other, and didn't give him a chance to speak or explain anything (and you could tell he was getting annoyed). He was there for a reason - to push his cookbook for the keto diet and explain how easy it was to cook, but they turned him into their personal chef as they ignored him and conversed with each other. 

The cooking segments are always like that. It's like they forget about the audience, and they just EAT.  It turns the show into something very hard to watch.

• Love 6
On 3/7/2020 at 9:08 PM, Ladyrain said:

OMG, you're right.   Honest to pete, Abby was so blah that I forgot she was even there.   Seriously, lol.   My brain went right from Sara to Megs, did not stop at Abby.  Thank you for setting me straight.  

It's true.  Abby didn't make an impression at all.  I always thought she was hired to look sane and rational next to Meghan.  Didn't work.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, tinkerbell said:

The cooking segments are always like that. It's like they forget about the audience, and they just EAT.  It turns the show into something very hard to watch.

If I were someone promoting a cookbook or my TV show on cooking, I would never agree to doing a segment. Ever. With 20+ seasons for them to look back on, and see what a disaster these segments are, I would do a strong pass. 

• Love 3
On 3/7/2020 at 9:02 PM, athousandclowns said:

I don’t see her coming back even though the threesome she is apart of now is hard to watch. 

It was hard to watch her praise her cohosts on GMA and spewing that nonsense 'they bring out the best in me'. Please - you can see in her face she really hates being there, and is not appreciative of Keke being added. Everything she said was way 'too rehearsed'. Someday the truth will come out. 

• Love 4