Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/2/2020

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Sunny's paternal grandmother has passed away so she's not on today.

Whoopi is fangirling over Yang and his UBI, despite realizing that Warren and Bernie both said that they'll tax big corporations to help pay for M4A and universities.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, lusinia said:

The absurdity of Meghan advising Yang on what he could talk about in a speech at the Democratic Convention.

Dear Meg, Donna Brazile called and said “shut the hell up!”

Too funny about twitchy Joy. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I  guess it was Sunny's paternal grandmother, not her maternal grandmother, that passed away?  That was awkward as hell.

It seemed to really confuse Whoopie, and she got a little defensive again.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It seemed to really confuse Whoopie, and she got a little defensive again.  

So much seems to confuse her lately.    I ask in all seriousness:   Was she like this before her illness last year?    Maybe that did more of a number on her than we know.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi is fangirling over Yang and his UBI, despite realizing that Warren and Bernie both said that they'll tax big corporations to help pay for M4A and universities.

Yes but Yang was going to have checks sent directly to Whoopi.  At heart Whoopi is just selfish and greedy.

• Love 15

Has anyone else noticed the Whoopster's increasing number (as if that were possible) of "welcome to the view" 's? I suspect that after her olympian bellow, she feels she has done her part for the show and can tune out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, pachebo said:

Has anyone else noticed the Whoopster's increasing number (as if that were possible) of "welcome to the view" 's? I suspect that after her olympian bellow, she feels she has done her part for the show and can tune out.

I wonder if people have complained, but, here’s the thing, Whoopie doesn’t care, so, she increases the amount of times she says it each day.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think the teleprompter guy screwed this up. 

Presumably the teleprompter was wrong at the start of the show; when they wanted her to issue a correction before the break was when Whoopie looked really thrown.

It's amazing that Sunny at age 51 still had a grandparent living.     

I love Pamela Adlon; her show is great.  Whoopie must not watch it since at the beginning of the interview she said Pamela was there to talk about her new show, but the teleprompter did have it right later.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

How amazing for her grandmother to have known her great-grandchildren and vice versa. Not too many people experience that privilege these days..

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

So Mags and her hubby met on TWITTER?!!!! Why doesn't that surprise me?

I can honestly see them bonding over their mutual love of bourbon, Confederate flags and being a pro lifer. Twitter? How romantic!

That segment about them touching their faces? They should clock the number of times that Mags strokes her hair extensions. She pets that thing like it's a Siamese cat!!

I'm waiting for the day it meows and starts purring.

Well its within 6" of her face so it should def count

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

How amazing for her grandmother to have known her great-grandchildren and vice versa. Not too many people experience that privilege these days..

You would have thought they would have been more sensitive to Sunny's  grieving.   This death will have hit her very hard, they were very close.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

She is so annoying with this. She should just come right out and say her rich ass wants more money in her pockets instead of constantly spreading misinformation.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Presumably the teleprompter was wrong at the start of the show; when they wanted her to issue a correction before the break was when Whoopie looked really thrown.

I love Pamela Adlon; her show is great.  Whoopie must not watch it since at the beginning of the interview she said Pamela was there to talk about her new show, but the teleprompter did have it right later.  

I love her too.  She was perfect as David's friend on Californication.  Their chemistry dripped off the screen. I didnt see the last several seasons so i dont know what happ.  May have to binge them along with true blood

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I love her too.  She was perfect as David's friend on Californication.  Their chemistry dripped off the screen. I didnt see the last several seasons so i dont know what happ.  May have to binge them along with true blood

Yes! I’ve loved her in all her parts and fascinated by Louie CK producer of her show until last season?  I kinda felt it was starting (for me ) taking a turn down hill ,but will be watching. 
the twitching video was funny and you all are correct if MM hair was down she’d be petting it. 
I thought the show was fun even though Whoopi feels a need to lecture the nation and MM calls the audience a cult when she loudly objected to Joy using that word the other day. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

So Mags and her hubby met on TWITTER?!!!! Why doesn't that surprise me?

I can honestly see them bonding over their mutual love of bourbon, Confederate flags and being a pro lifer. Twitter? How romantic!

That segment about them touching their faces? They should clock the number of times that Mags strokes her hair extensions. She pets that thing like it's a Siamese cat!!

And she says she doesn't have a pet other than her cactus! She should start an instagram page called Meghan's Hair Extensions.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Californication was where I first became a fan of hers.  I don't remember her from her childhood actor days, even though, after checking her IMDb page, I know I watched a few of the shows she was in.  It's been a few years since I've seen Californication, but it's not one of those shows I gave up on, so a binge-watch would probably be worth it.  I started watching it because of David Duchovny, but that show had a great cast.

19 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I’ve loved her in all her parts and fascinated by Louie CK producer of her show until last season?

Yes, Louie CK was banished from FX after his scandal (he also wrote all but one episode of Better Things' first two seasons). 

Pamela also played his wife in the HBO series Lucky Louie and guest-starred in over a dozen episodes of his FX show Louie and wrote a handful of episodes.  I read that she was devastated by what happened.        

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

And she says she doesn't have a pet other than her cactus!

Now there's another thing that doesn't surprise me!!!! Prickly is as prickly does.

And no, Mags absolutely, positively, CAN NOT talk about abortion. Just the word gives her hives. It's like a Republican/Conservative's kryptonite.

• Love 9

My daily Whoopi rant:  If the teleprompter was wrong, when it is corrected for you, there is no need to act like a ten-year-old and say: it wasn't me.  Just say:  I want to correct what I said earlier, and tell you that it was Sunny's paternal grandmother who passed.  Period.   And then move on.  And, if the teleprompter has information that already was shared in the conversation, there is no need to berate teleprompter operator by saying, I said that already.  Just roll with it and read it as written, or think on your feet and skip over it.  Oh, and how about coming in 20 minutes earlier so you can practice reading the teleprompter for the day's show, so you know what to expect.

Season 4 Cat GIF by CBS All Access

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

1 hour ago, bannana said:

My daily Whoopi rant:  If the teleprompter was wrong, when it is corrected for you, there is no need to act like a ten-year-old and say: it wasn't me.  Just say:  I want to correct what I said earlier, and tell you that it was Sunny's paternal grandmother who passed.  Period.   And then move on.  And, if the teleprompter has information that already was shared in the conversation, there is no need to berate teleprompter operator by saying, I said that already.  Just roll with it and read it as written, or think on your feet and skip over it.  Oh, and how about coming in 20 minutes earlier so you can practice reading the teleprompter for the day's show, so you know what to expect.

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

20 minutes earlier?!  With those damn bike lanes?!

Yeah, and who's paying for that extra 20 minutes, huh, @bannana?   Because you know, we all KNOW that Goldberg ain't doing anything extra for nobody unless they pony up some extra 💰💲

All joking aside though you are completely 100% right!  She should be allotting some extra time in the mornings to do a quick run through on the teleprompter especially since she has a comprehension / reading issue.  But that would involve caring about your work and we all know that isn't a concern for the EGOT.  I too, am sick and tired of hearing her berate teleprompter guy.  She sounds like a crazy person when she does it. 

Edited by Cementhead
Because a telemarketer isn't the same thing as a teleprompter.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Just my thinking, but if I'd made such an embarrassing gaffe ON TV like she did about Dr. Jill Biden, I'd be making extra super duper careful not to be screwing up anymore.   Just for the sake of my own pride.   But if the teleprompter guy is such an easy fall guy, why bother, apparently.   And honestly, I don't think it was the guy's fault.   I think she just misread it and then blamed him for typing it in wrong.   I can totally see that happening.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Now, that's funny.    😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, lusinia said:

Yes - in all fairness, Whoopi only relates the info of what the teleprompter says. Whoever is in charge of putting that info up for her to read (or talking in her earpiece) is at fault - not WG.

As for Sunny - she still has a grandmother at 51 ? Most people at 51 are losing parents, not grandparents. (And I'm in my 50s, along with most of my friends). Either her grandmother started a family at a very young age, or longevity runs in her family. 

• Love 1

Considering how The View erased Elizabeth Warren from the majority of their election coverage and wanted to act only like three 80 year old white men could be president, it was sad to hear Joy say that Warren could have made a good president. That would have been helpful for her to say on the show even once during the past several months.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

As for Sunny - she still has a grandmother at 51 ? Most people at 51 are losing parents, not grandparents. (And I'm in my 50s, along with most of my friends). Either her grandmother started a family at a very young age, or longevity runs in her family. 

I think it was her paternal grandfather, so long live longevity!!!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

in all fairness, Whoopi only relates the info of what the teleprompter says. Whoever is in charge of putting that info up for her to read (or talking in her earpiece) is at fault - not WG.

A professional would be able to handle that without sounding defensive and blaming teleprompter person.  Whoopi cannot handle anything that throws her off.  She is a terrible moderator.

• Love 20
(edited)
17 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Oh, no. Joy even referred to herself as "twitchy". Kinda funny, really.

I enjoyed Yang. He's good at this - on top of things, funny, engaging. 

on public transport this morning, there was a hair in between my eye and my glasses and I too was twitchy this morning.  I giggled.  Its my new thing now.  

ETA:  Oh and did every one hear MM when WG said maternal grandfather...the panel was struggling on what to say and MM said "um, it was paternal, like her husband's grandfather".  No Meghan, that isn't how this works..... 

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 7:36 PM, ThePurpleArcher said:

The absolutely wonderful Beverly Cleary will be celebrating her 104th birthday this April.  It's not all that unusual anymore for people to reach and exceed the 100 yr mark.

Edited by Beany Malone
  • Love 8

These ladies know that Tulsi is still running for President, right? She has no chance of winning, but neither did Klobuchar or Warren so even though the latter two left it doesn't mean that there are no more women running.

I don't even care for Tulsi, but I feel bad that everyone is forgetting about her.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Lol I want to hear if Joy would vote for Meghan if Meghan ran for president.

Also: I'm highly annoyed by the Ancestry.com segment. I don't get the logic--to celebrate the 19th Amendment that got women the vote, I'll tell you about your ancestors who were dead when it passed? 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Nutty is SO transparent.   She is positively gleeful at the prospect of lording it over Sara that she took her spot.   She's giddy!   She's smiling!   She's upbeat!   She won't stop talking!   You know, all those things that she isn't when Ana is at the table.   Megs is not afraid of Sara; she feels superior to Sara, and it shows.   With Ana, MM sits there nearly silent, scowling, frowning, all but drumming her fingers on the table waiting for the hour to be over. 

• Love 13

Sara and Megs both in black tops and skirts.   Sara looks like a little twig.  Megs looks like a circus tent.  What a horrid skirt.  Wardrobe must hate her, but why does she go along with their piss poor choices?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

While their criticism of the party being reduced to two old, white men is true, I resent the fact that they didn’t acknowledge their own role in making that happen. Their show was extremely biased in Biden’s favor. McCain in particular whining on this topic when she’s the biggest purveyor of misogyny on this show is hilarious. She was selling “Kamala Is a Cop” shirts, accused Kamala of division for challenging Joe Biden, and I think the first Dem her infamous “infanticide” routine began with was Amy Klobuchar. She was also the one most obsessed with mocking Marianne Williamson, when most people just ignored her. But I think Joy's assessment is probably the closest to reality. Most people are terrified of Trump and they think misogyny in America would allow him to defeat a female candidate more easily. 

I really wish Sara had been on the show this year considering she was a Buttigieg supporter. Maybe then somebody on this show could’ve actually *pushed* some diversity instead of complaining about it after the fact when they’ve shilled for one of the old, white guys for months.

• Love 24