Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Family Reunion

• Start Topic

Margaret and Teresa's friendship faces the ultimate test. Shockingly, Joe Giudice leaves ICE for Italy and Teresa and the girls arrive to see Joe. Teresa and Joe decide the future of their relationship.

Airdate 02.26.2020

Hard to read expressions because of the Botox but her face when Melissa relayed what Danielle said - her expression did say it all - man she was caught - Danielle threw Teresa under the bus and then Teresa throws what’s in her cup on Dolores - her truest friend - because she questioned her, man I wouldn’t want her as a friend.

later she said “I wasn’t thinking” - but I thought she was always thinking.

• Love 24

Melissa handled the tail-end of the confrontation with Danielle well.  She was assertive.  Not aggressive and not a pushover.  Like I said last week, it’s fair game to tell Danielle that Teresa is fragile.  She just couldn’t go in there and end a friendship, which she didn’t do.  It was the info that killed the friendship...

Teresa is fucking guilty as sin.  Not just from the footage, but from her reaction.  She seemed so guilty.  I have to disagree with Dolores though, that Danielle “did” anything to Teresa.  Danielle told the truth about Teresa when she was confronted about being a bad influence on her.  Margaret was correct in directing her ire at Teresa.  Dolores...a little misguided.  Is that “typical Italian” too, Dolores?

I think Danielle is fucking nuts, but Teresa was completely wrong to chase Danielle down at the country club fashion show in season two, which also resulted in an assault on Danielle, and it was awesome to see Teresa running up the stairs away from production.  Just desserts, bitch.  

Why the hell did everyone gather around Teresa like she was the injured party???  They all, Joe Gorga included, are shameless in riding this gravy train.  Jackie—I knew I saw something in her—being the exception.  

All of them jockeying for position to be The Teresa Whisperer—Jen, Dolores, Melissa, and Joe—reminded me of the time Vicki from RHOC got “sick” in Iceland, and her cast mates were fighting over who got to take care of her until the ambulance arrived.  Cameras and the almighty dollar turning everyone into jumping monkeys.

Teresa’s apology to Margaret was a cop out.  She’s sorry because she doesn’t want Margaret to think she would tell anyone to hurt her??  But isn’t that exactly what she did?  I think Teresa feels she is completely entitled to forgiveness for giving this modified apology.  

I agree with my fellow posters that the co-stars got screwed in the finale.  What a fuck you to the idea that this is an ensemble show.  

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The trip to Italy should have been a separate episode because that was one half assed season finale for the rest of them.

It really, really was, and no resolution to the Teresa- Danielle situation which would have been TV gold. This whole Guicide crap should have been a special episode and labeled that way.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Poor Joe. Doesn’t have 2 nickels to rub together but is wearing Gucci sneakers. 

And, they're going to have many more reunions like this because, you know, they're cheap.

Joe is a pig.  Still no remorse.  Always the victim.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

This whole Guicide crap should have been a special episode and labeled that way.

Yes, it is so self-serving that part of the finale went to an interview Teresa did with Andy about the show.  So, let me get this straight...this is a show (RHNJ) about a show (WWHL special) about a show (RHNJ)?  Oh, that doesn’t seem low-budget or redundant at all.

It was nice to see the girls reunited with their father, and to see all the relatives, but it should have been a separate special, absolutely.  

Joe looks good, for Joe, but when did he decide to start throwing around the word “literally” when it doesn’t apply?  Ugh!

2D1DB98D-6A98-4168-A188-E0B2331A8315.jpeg.5560e99f63e7920556acb77b8e4bb043.jpeg

So I guess Teresa didn’t “toss him one” after all.  I can’t really blame her.  Joe couldn’t even stay sober to have a conversation about the impact his incarceration had on her (you know, the crime that was a bogus crime).  

I think this is the happiest ending this family could have hoped for.  I’m sure Teresa and Joe had good times together—they spoke fondly of trips to Punta Cana—but you can’t unring a bell.  She’s over him, and she’s American.  It’s crystal clear.  I’m not sorry for Joe.  It’s Italy, not Myanmar.  He wasn’t a prince of a husband.  

Milania is becoming a really beautiful young woman.  Audriana is very pretty, and Gabriella has always been known as TPO (“The Pretty One” when Ronnie Karam used to blog for tvgasm).  Gia always gets all the attention for her looks, but I think the other ones are the show stoppers.  

I think Teresa had a Freudian little slip there when she said, “we’re still gonna fight the appeal.”  They are, to paraphrase Carrie Bradshaw, “so over, there needs to be another word for ‘over.’”  

• Love 16

The fact that the Giudice's took up half of the finale tells everyone why the other women will excuse Teresa's part in the hair pull, including Marge, if they want to continue on. I really hated Teresa's outfit at the Shore party. 

"It was a bogus crime. People don't even go to jail for it" is already a contender for quote of 2020. And yet? I'd still root for this deluded asshole to beat up Joe Gorga. 

It was made such a big deal online that Nonno was in Italy I thought we'd be getting his 2cents on the trip. 

Melissa got a Nanny (my goodness the pretentiousness of Au Pair was, um, On Display, even in text) for her kids who "don't need her" to the point of "wanting" another! What are the odds next season will involve Joe Gorga trying to know about her sex life? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

The only thing that was interesting about this episode was that Tre got read and there was no way out for her.  Yes!

And...for me trying to figure out locations.  The place where Mel met up with Dan is in Bay Head (very nice town).  I recognized the Bay Head fire department across the street.  The church in the background where Mel gets out of the SUV after the lunch looks like the red church in Bay Head.  I could be wrong.  It does make me wonder if they were actually staying in Bay Head instead of Point Pleasant.  And it looked like the house was very close to the ocean because the garage was on the first floor and the rest of the house up a level.  Typical of houses close to the water because of flooding fears.  I did like the house.  Yeah, I was bored.

Enough of Joe and Tre and their drama.  I don't care.  Do a special so I don't have to watch.  I feel for the kids.  And sorry Joe and Tre, I don't feel any sympathy for either one of you.  You both are convicted felons.  Both of you did this to yourselves and your children.

• Love 14

I have to say I felt really sad when this was over. Seeing the kids and their joy at seeing Joe and knowing it was for just a short time was tough. I even felt a little bad at the finality of Theresa and Joe. Sure, they are not icons of morality, but we were seeing the end of a marriage which affects four children. I even temporarily felt a little bad for Joe, until reminded of the horrible things he's been saying to her lately, and seeing him completely dodge responsibility for his words and for his "bogus" crime.

I also agree with Emmeline that there was something about the Teresa/Margaret discussion that felt contrived.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

I am glad the *snitching* was settled in this episode.  And, not at the reunion.  

Teresa was caught in her lies and made to confessed.  

It was so juicy and dramatic!  🤣

I hated the finale.  I don’t give 2 red cents about their lying and scheming.

I just figured out that Audriana was 6 when her dad went away.  I guess....she was 5 or 5 when Teresa went to school!  

Why does post-ICE Joe look like The Situation???

it is his haircut

• Love 13

I am watching WWHL tonight with Margaret Josephs.   I think she looks nice.  I’m just not sure because every time she is on camera I can’t stop looking at her long cleavage and I don’t mean that in a good way.  That’s just too much.

7CA53670-B986-4A78-8662-8AD0DE3BBD6B.jpeg

• Love 9

Oh my Lord, Milania is so beautiful!  She's breathtaking.  And she looks older than Gia.  All of Teresa's girls are beautiful.  You could tell by their body language that Joe and Teresa are over each other.  Sad, but that's what happens sometimes.  Absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. 

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

Also annoyed that half of the episode was The Giudice Show.  Though I agree that their 4 daughters are growing up so pretty.  Gia, please calm down with the makeup, you don’t need so much.

The first half of the episode was awesome and I wanted the greatness to continue.  Seeing Teresa getting caught in a lie was EVERYTHING.  What an entitled brat, she truly believed that the producers would edit out something that big because she’s the ‘star’ - stars like Bethenny,  Vicki and Tamra have gotten cut.  Nobody is safe.

Well I hope her role in Ponytail-gate will be discussed at the reunion, and I actually want Danielle to be there for one final dose of crazy.

Also - this is super immature of me but I giggled when Frank poked at sleeping Joe Gorga’s mouth with a hot dog.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Well I hope her role in Ponytail-gate will be discussed at the reunion, and I actually want Danielle to be there for one final dose of crazy.

Well rumor has it

Spoiler

she has a "break down" and it took over an hour to get her to come out to the stage. She was seated in a chair not on the couch and that made her nuts too. In the trailer for the ep you see Andy asking her to come out but it held up filming for a while. I think like with Jaqueline missing one reunion, Andy knows they are both unstable people so he put up with it more than he would if a stable HW was doing something out of diva behavior. He has his limits. Jaqs gone and now Danielle "announced" she's leaving but maybe Andy let her do that to save face, since Teresa was part of it and she's staying. Another report is after Danielle and the other women had to leave through different exists because, I think, they were afraid Danielle would snap on them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Well rumor has it

Hide contents

she has a "break down" and it took over an hour to get her to come out to the stage. She was seated in a chair not on the couch and that made her nuts too. In the trailer for the ep you see Andy asking her to come out but it held up filming for a while. I think like with Jaqueline missing one reunion, Andy knows they are both unstable people so he put up with it more than he would if a stable HW was doing something out of diva behavior. He has his limits. Jaqs gone and now Danielle "announced" she's leaving but maybe Andy let her do that to save face, since Teresa was part of it and she's staying. Another report is after Danielle and the other women had to leave through different exists because, I think, they were afraid Danielle would snap on them.

I wont go out unless I sit next to Andy ... I'm an original housewife ... bitch you haven't been more then a friend of for how long? Sit your ass down

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, swankie said:

Oh my Lord, Milania is so beautiful!  She's breathtaking.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched those scenes.  Especially when her hair was curly.

I absolutely loved the blue and white outfit (was it a romper) that Melissa had on in last night's episode.  

I thought Teresa's head was gonna explode cause you could see she was doing some real complex calculations. The hamster running on the wheel where her brain should be was working overtime.  Her eyes got real big when Melissa said the store owner told Danielle to do it.  And then her brain started to overheat when Melissa said Danielle said Tre encouraged her.  She thought she was good when everyone immediately accused Danielle of lying, but then Melissa hit her with the innocent, "Well did you?" A heck of strategic play by Mel; I was impressed!

tenor.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

I must say, I was a bit disappointed that the horrific thing that Danielle did that caused Teresa to terminate the friendship, was saying T encouraged her to pull Marge's hair. I was hoping for something more dramatic, with more screeching, not narc'ing her out for being an asshole (we knew that). 

I was also disappointed that people seemed more concerned about Teresa, and Danielle's alleged attack on her than for Marge, who found out she was betrayed by a woman she rationalized the behavior of defended all season.

• Like 1
  • Love 20

Melissa should of pulled Teresa to the side IMO to tell her what Danielle said. I’m surprised she announced it in front of everyone....is she “Team Margaret”?? lol not very “sister in law” of Melissa. Brother Joe might need to get involved lol like he always does with Teresa and Melissa’s “relationship” lol

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

It was made such a big deal online that Nonno was in Italy I thought we'd be getting his 2cents on the trip.

I can understand him not being at the big family dinner, the stairs up that hillside would have killed him.  I wonder why he didn't join them for the Amalfi coast trip, or at the restaurant afterwards. Maybe he wasn't well (he never looks well). Wasn't he hospitalized with pneumonia after this trip? I thought I had read that.

• Love 3

So Theresa and the girls fly to Italy for the weekend, all fly first class to visit their father who was found guilty of bank fraud. Must be nice to be able to spend money like that.  

Anyone catch Theresa stomping away after the truth came out about the hair pull heard round the world...she walks like a lumberjack in heels.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

How did Danielle think this was going to go once she told Mel the truth about Hairgate?  Did she really think that Tre would have her back on this?  It makes no sense of why she finally fessed up.  And why would the store owner tell Danielle to do it???  Did he think it would be good for his store?  

It was satisfying to see Tre's face while Mel was telling everyone what Danielle said.  Then she asks production not to film it and is pissed when they do?  HA.  Welcome to reality TV Tre.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

How did Danielle think this was going to go once she told Mel the truth about Hairgate?  Did she really think that Tre would have her back on this?  It makes no sense of why she finally fessed up.  And why would the store owner tell Danielle to do it???  Did he think it would be good for his store?  

It was satisfying to see Tre's face while Mel was telling everyone what Danielle said.  Then she asks production not to film it and is pissed when they do?  HA.  Welcome to reality TV Tre.

I think its funny how they are completely disregarding that Tre was part of it planed it out and just are focusing on what Danielle did .... lol like Tre was some babe in the woods and got tricked .... NO they talked about it before hand and she was laughing the whole time then defending Danielle .... UGH

• Love 7

Margaret can process all she wants, but by the middle of the next season she and Teresa will be reconciled and by the end of the season they will be best friends. That is the way conflict works on these Real Housewives shows. Emotions are ephemeral. In a way it's a cartoon world, where one second someone is dropping a one ton weight on you, and the next second you're good as new.

• Love 11

Say what I will about Teresa and Joe's rationalization of their crimes and their behavior - it was so incredibly touching to watch Joe and the girls together in Italy.  You could tell that the five of them (Teresa being the sixth person and not included) were thrilled to be together again and spend time with one another.  When Joe got emotional at the dinner table and looked like he was ready to cry, I really felt for him.  And it was touching how much he was trying to win Teresa over.  I think this is a bona fide case of "Don't know what you've got till it's gone."  I believe Joe's punishment and deportation were just, but I'm rooting for him and the girls to grow even closer.

Teresa . . . I've never seen such a raging narcissist in my life.  I'm blown away by the fact that she actually admitted to her part in the hair pulling - what motivated her to actually take responsibility???  I guess she thought the producers would just leave the whole incident out of the show and not show her in a bad light, so no one would know - that's the only thing I can figure.  She truly believes she's a goddess on a pedestal.  It's frustrating that even after this, everyone (except Margaret) still gathered around and stroked her ego.  Kudos to Margaret for not caving and actually showing that Teresa's behavior was hurtful and she can't get off easy just because she's The Teresa.

• Love 14