Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Family Reunion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't see it this way. I saw it as Teresa regressing to behavior she's always shown when she is in Joe's presence. She gets quiet, spaces out - while Joe insults her and demeans her in front of the kids. She used to laugh and pretend OMG he's so funny - he not being insulting he's joking. I think he always treated her like garbage even in front of the kids. Sadly, the kids learned to treat her this way as well from their dad.

I might be a party of one, but I've always pictured Teresa as the type of wife who Joe controlled. He wore the pants, he was the provider. In this whole scheme of the loans and fraudulent documents used - I pictured Joe bringing home papers and telling her to sign this, sign that. While he might have explained to her they might get in trouble - I don't think he ever fully disclosed what could happen - because he was so arrogant they'd never get caught. Teresa was not the mastermind of this plan. Joe, on the other hand, has a history of fraudulent documentation - i.e. not getting his citizenship papers, and trying to use his brother's ID when he had a DUI.

I do NOT believe he jumped over hoops and committed illegal acts to keep Teresa cash flushed because she was a demanding shrew. He did it because he thought he was a genius and a big shot. He gave her money to spend, bought that McMansion so that he could play grand poobah. He did it because she's the mother of his kids and to shut her up while she turned a blind eye to his cheating.

I do believe it was a love match for Teresa and she still loved him after having 4 kids. For Joe, I don't think he was ever in love with her. I think he married her - because his parents said it was time for him to marry and they approved of Teresa playing that role.

I totally agree about Teresa when she's around Joe. Let's be honest, she was in an abusive relationship with him since she was a teenager. No physical violence but emotional and verbal abuse. We've all seen it. So many times on camera we've witnessed his verbal abuse towards her...the put downs and crude remarks about her intelligence...the cheating and the disgusting remarks he made about her to his side piece when he was talking to her on his cellphone in the California vineyard. She absolutely reverted back to old Teresa when she was with him in Italy...she actually shrank in his presence. Not a fan of hers but I don't wish any woman to be in any kind of abusive relationship. He's a thuggy jerk and is fortunate that his daughters are still in his life and care so much for him. I can tell you that if they had four boys I don't think he would be so fortunate...most sons are protective of their mothers...not piling on like Gia.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
On 2/26/2020 at 11:19 PM, swankie said:

Oh my Lord, Milania is so beautiful!  She's breathtaking.  And she looks older than Gia.  All of Teresa's girls are beautiful.  You could tell by their body language that Joe and Teresa are over each other.  Sad, but that's what happens sometimes.  Absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. 

How can you tell through all the makeup?😆 On such a young woman.

• Love 4
On 2/27/2020 at 9:39 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

So Theresa and the girls fly to Italy for the weekend, all fly first class to visit their father who was found guilty of bank fraud. Must be nice to be able to spend money like that.  

Anyone catch Theresa stomping away after the truth came out about the hair pull heard round the world...she walks like a lumberjack in heels.

These criminals are not sorry, except that they were caught. I have no, nada, none, sympathy for this family. I know people who don't have parents anymore. These overly made up mini Tres are incredibly lucky to get to go to Italy first class to see their father, whenever.  Then come back to America and live in an , albeit , fugly, mansion and want for nothing. Things could be much worse girls, believe me. You are doing fine and making out well after your parents fleecing people, tax evasion and just plain being shitty people.

Theresa's legs look like tree limbs. She's better off keeping to palazzo pants and long dressed and not those skin tight pants and mini dresses that  make her look like a troll. Then again, go ahead, you nasty piece of shit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 2/27/2020 at 12:56 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

He mentioned getting his passport soon, so once he has that, I'm sure he can go back to work in Italy. He's still an Italian citizen.

They're not rolling in dough by any means, but I'd take a shack in Italy any day over a NJ McMansion, a Manhattan penthouse, or a waterfront mansion in LA.

And let's be real - after 4 years in prison and months in ICE, a tenement in Camden would likely seem like paradise to Joe Giudice. 

I don't think Joe was ever as materialistic as Tre. I'm sure he liked to spend without worry and have nice cars, but I strongly suspect he spent the way he spent to shut up Tre. Something tells me the hills of Italy are more his speed than the congested NJ freeways. If not for his daughters, he likely would have happily gone straight back to Italy with no fight once his prison sentence was up. 

And they were eating off of disposable dinnerware.

5 hours ago, lasu said:

I wouldn't wear Gucci anywhere, but why is it more crass to wear it in Italy? 

I don't think it's so much wearing Gucci as it is wearing a Gucci billboard. So much of the designer stuff these people wear always has a big, conspicuous logo, just like all the other copy stuff I used to see in street markets here and in other countries.  Hell, I've got a "Birkin" that I use as a knitting bag.   

4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

She’s probably getting paid for her appearances on the show, and if she is 18, it’s her business how she spends her own money.

This reminded me.  On Bitchsesh, Casey Wilson mentioned that RHoNJ is the only franchise where some of the guys get paid also.  

2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

There have been a few spats here and there but Melissa has sure fallen in line since Andy wouldn't film that year Teresa was away.

Remember when Melissa and Joe first came on the show? It seemed like she and her sisters were pushing to get them involved on a regular basis, like the Wakiles.  They seem more subdued now too when they are shown.  Speaking of which, the fact the Wakiles no longer appear even once during a season seems to say that someone with influence no longer wanted them there.  

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 3

Curious minds want to know.

I know Joe's father passed away - but his mom is still alive.

I'm remembering all of those annual huge house parties Joe used to throw with all of the relatives from his side of the family would be over. Like his mom and his look a like brother.

I don't think the brother would move to Italy - but I'm wondering if his mom moved back to Italy to be near Joe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

Remember when Melissa and Joe first came on the show? It seemed like she and her sisters were pushing to get them involved on a regular basis, like the Wakiles.  They seem more subdued now too when they are shown.  Speaking of which, the fact the Wakiles no longer appear even once during a season seems to say that someone with influence no longer wanted them there.  

Melissa and her sisters definitely had delusions of taking over. but I'm pretty sure the sisters caught Bravo's wrath early on all on their own for attacking fans online who would comment negatively on Melissa and -I could be wrong it was years ago- ran their mouths to the point of giving spoilers and blaming production for various things involving Melissa. When Melissa wrote her book and told her family she was going to talk about her fathers affairs one of the sisters looked like she wanted to strangle Melissa. 

As for the Wakilies, both Melissa and Teresa this year on WWHL said they don''t speak to them. Teresa outright said no and Melissa went the "I don't remember the last time we talked" route. I'll give Teresa credit there she never pretended to like them. Like with Danielle, Melissa and Joe used them. I doubt they fought for them. Rich was a pig too, making fun of his daughters friends weight and Kathy stifling a laugh is burned in my brain. There's no way in Hell Teresa will ever have a decent relationship with them especially after they filmed a reaction to her and Joe being sentenced. She probably wouldn't have regardless, but that was a final nail in the coffin they would only last one more season. I think they all deserve each other.  Rosie popping up on the jail special was probably an Andy mandate since he does try to give LGBT people roles, see Jennifer's brother now.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

So thankful no bug eyed, mouth breathing Wakiles on my screen.  They, along with Melissa and Joe were so determined to get in on the show and the $$$ Teresa had discovered.  I always felt like they thought,'' Teresa's hit the lottery, we want a piece of it!"  I wouldn't have minded but they seemed so desperate.  (and unattractive...) 

• Love 11

I remember way back in season 2, on the long gone twop page, when dina left and it was clear that danielle wasn't coming back, the campaign to get Melissa ok the show.  I remember posts there and elsewhere (maybe all about the tea?  Did that exist back then?) about how "they should cast Melissa Gorga!" followed by "OMG Melissa Gorga would be so perfect."  It wasn't constant but I read it enough to think "Who is this Melissa Gorga that everybody is praising and why don't i know who she is??" 

Later it became clear on FW, AATT, and elsewhere that the casting of Melissa and Joe wasn't quite as innocent as they liked to make it seem.  There was a clear campaign and effort to get themselves on, and yes that included her sisters all over the internet promoting her while causing other problems.  Somewhere along the way Melissa even admitted that they pissed off the network.  But that was long after she was established as a vital part of the housewives drama.  

I have said before that I am doing a rewatch.  It is fascinating to watch given all that we know now.  You can see the stress and anxiety building in Joe Giudice.  Melissa's innocent "Teresa is the problem" act is total b.s as she too caused so much trouble.  The hypocrisy was amazing.  The tackiness of the gorgas was loud and clear.  Joe Gorgas attitude towards his wife and sex was just as disgusting as Juicy, just in a different way.  The Manzo's and Lauritas did PLENTY wrong towards Tre.  Jacq was a complete busybody and drama whore.  And the "oh so nice and careful" Wakiles were anything but.  The Giudice pile-on was kind of amazing and really quite obvious.  I can only assume that because we as viewers were also reading the tabloids and press about Tre and Joe, that the became easy targets and everybody earned a buck off of that.

And look, I get what Tre and Joe did.  But that isn't a pass for anything goes.  But there are clear scenes where Teresa is desparate for anybody to acknowledge her feelings, and gets nothing but hits about how awful she is.

And to quote Kim Kardashian, teresa "bought them a fucking career."

The ONLY OG on this show is Tre.  Not Danielle.  Not Melissa.  Tre. A full housewife, every season, since season 1.  And for more than half of it's lifetime, the show has revolved around the Giudices.  I hate to say it but if the Giudices left the show now?  Or in season 3?  Or 6?  It would maybe squeak out a season.  Like her or hate her, these bitches are nothing without Teresa Giudice.  

• Love 18
6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I want to know who told Teresa she looked good in and/or should wear that gold mini dress atrocity with those shoes. Has she been shopping with Kyle Richards?

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure on all of the seasons of NJ and my life on MB threads - not ONE poster ever said Teresa was some kind of fashion icon. Not once do I remember any poster saying about Teresa - OMG anyone know where she got that top, shoes, dress, skirt, bikini, hat, earrings. Nada - not even I like how she did her makeup or hair.

At least with Kyle there have been pieces she's worn that I like - just not on Gnome shaped Kyle.

tumblr_lstrdnTZ5p1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

However, Teresa believes she's all that and a bag of chips

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2020 at 8:00 AM, njbchlover said:

I have said this before, and I'm still convinced that a lot of the "designer" stuff we see the housewives wearing is actually just really, really, really good knock-offs.  

Especially in NJ, there are some very secret neighborhood "bag ladies" that get these knock-off items.  I've never purchased one, but have seen them, and it's unbelievable how close to the real thing the fakes are.

Most definitely purchased from a neighborhood bag lady and not from Canal Street. It's way easier to order up exactly what you want rather than have to find a good supplier on Canal Street.

The Chinese replicas from good sources are virtually indistinguishable from the authentic stuff - don't ask me how I know :-). And I know many truly wealthy women who buy and carry them with no one the wiser.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I have a daughter, so I understand the sometimes volatile relationship between mothers and daughters. However- Teresa and Joe aren’t doing right by their daughters in allowing them to speak to their mother like they do. Betcha Juicy Joe would get his mouth washed out with something if he was disrespectful to Mama Filomena. 

Melissa’s mom and sisters are so thirsty for camera time. 

• Love 8
On 2/26/2020 at 11:15 PM, Emmeline said:

I am watching WWHL tonight with Margaret Josephs.   I think she looks nice.  I’m just not sure because every time she is on camera I can’t stop looking at her long cleavage and I don’t mean that in a good way.  That’s just too much.

7CA53670-B986-4A78-8662-8AD0DE3BBD6B.jpeg

I totally agree. Those girls are a bit "long in the tooth", as they say, to be out like that. Hangin' too much. That gap between them where you see skin was distracting. Margaret dresses like shit all the time. Alotta wide load back camera shots of her throughout the season. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Does anybody have an ideas/opinions on how Joe is getting along financially in Italy ? I am very curious about this. 

Did he say somewhere (even on that last remote interview with Andy on WWHL), that he is working over there? Involved in some construction?

And do you think there is some legal agreement where Theresa has agreed to some financial support for him ?

Maybe we will hear more on the reunion. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Does anybody have an ideas/opinions on how Joe is getting along financially in Italy ? I am very curious about this. 

Did he say somewhere (even on that last remote interview with Andy on WWHL), that he is working over there? Involved in some construction?

And do you think there is some legal agreement where Theresa has agreed to some financial support for him ?

Maybe we will hear more on the reunion. 

My best guess is Teresa is sending him money. They're not divorcing because then they may have to legally talk money and they both know where cash is stashed--- it's probably a don't snitch agreement. I posted on another thread about American Greed doing an episode on The Situation recently and he was raking lots of cash (that of course he never reported) from appearances left and right. Teresa did a lot of appearances especially around NJ/NY like he was.  Pretty sure the Giuduce's got busted further for lying about income during the trial? But they haven't downgraded their lifestyle any, there has to be hidden money. He's all over Instagram. Someone (maybe even Teresa) may have told him there's money to be made online. If he starts doing monetized wine posts, I wouldn't be surprised. I don't see him working a regular job. He probably got a cut of this filming. Gia's gotten her own TH's this season, a special of the Giudice girls visiting Joe is something that could happen if Andy thinks there's money in it. I don't see people watching now that they split. I get a feeling Gia wants to do more reality TV and God knows Andy allowed the Manzo boys to suck up airspace (though he seems to actually like Caroline and he clearly despises the Giudices.)

Edited by Gigi43
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I appreciate the storytelling on this episode. Juxstaposing the reveal of Teresa's role in the ponytail incident with a showcase of the aftermath of Joe's crimes neatly suggests that maybe she had more to do there as well. She's the one in the background, encouraging people to follow their worst instincts. Doesn't excuse either Joe or Danielle, but she's no innocent victim. 

That's what I think they were communicating with the story, anyway, but I like pretending Housewives is Shakespeare. Makes me feel better about my entertainment choices. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 2/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, mandymax said:

Teresa . . . I've never seen such a raging narcissist in my life. 

I liked how she was saying how much she'd been sacrificing for the last four years, and now it's time to concentrate on herself.  I thought, "Um, you have three kids still at home, including a ten-year-old."

On 2/27/2020 at 10:39 AM, Lady of nod said:

All the Guidice girls are beautiful. Milania has really come into her own and was stunning last night.

I guess it's just personal taste, but I don't think any of them are even pretty, never mind beautiful.  I don't care for the bug eyes. 

• Love 4
On 2/28/2020 at 7:29 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

I remember way back in season 2, on the long gone twop page, when dina left and it was clear that danielle wasn't coming back, the campaign to get Melissa ok the show.  I remember posts there and elsewhere (maybe all about the tea?  Did that exist back then?) about how "they should cast Melissa Gorga!" followed by "OMG Melissa Gorga would be so perfect."  It wasn't constant but I read it enough to think "Who is this Melissa Gorga that everybody is praising and why don't i know who she is??"

I remember those posts! My favorites were the posts bragging about her beauty and the house. “Oh you think Teresa’s house is luxurious? You haven’t seen Melissa’s?” The latter stayed in my brain because it’s all I could think about when they were trying to sell it, the renters who had problems with it. The Gorgas thought they had the best, most grand house on the show. Back then I thought Kim G’s was the nicest shown on the show. 

I wish the Italy trip was it’s own episode or a special. 

On 2/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't see it this way. I saw it as Teresa regressing to behavior she's always shown when she is in Joe's presence. She gets quiet, spaces out - while Joe insults her and demeans her in front of the kids. She used to laugh and pretend OMG he's so funny - he not being insulting he's joking. I think he always treated her like garbage even in front of the kids. Sadly, the kids learned to treat her this way as well from their dad.

I might be a party of one, but I've always pictured Teresa as the type of wife who Joe controlled. He wore the pants, he was the provider. In this whole scheme of the loans and fraudulent documents used - I pictured Joe bringing home papers and telling her to sign this, sign that. While he might have explained to her they might get in trouble - I don't think he ever fully disclosed what could happen - because he was so arrogant they'd never get caught. Teresa was not the mastermind of this plan. Joe, on the other hand, has a history of fraudulent documentation - i.e. not getting his citizenship papers, and trying to use his brother's ID when he had a DUI.

I do NOT believe he jumped over hoops and committed illegal acts to keep Teresa cash flushed because she was a demanding shrew. He did it because he thought he was a genius and a big shot. He gave her money to spend, bought that McMansion so that he could play grand poobah. He did it because she's the mother of his kids and to shut her up while she turned a blind eye to his cheating.

I do believe it was a love match for Teresa and she still loved him after having 4 kids. For Joe, I don't think he was ever in love with her. I think he married her - because his parents said it was time for him to marry and they approved of Teresa playing that role.

Yeah. I think Joe broke the law because he felt like the laws he was breaking don’t matter. He just didn’t feel like he should have to build an honest business. I think Teresa happily spent tons of money, but I also think Joe told her how much money they had. If Joe gave her $500 to spend on the girls that’s what she did. If Joe gave her $50000 to spend on the girls that’s what she did. Not that I don’t think she was always materialistic spendthrift, but in leaner days I’m sure she just entertained herself with shopping sprees at Claire’s instead of Channel. Teressa doesn’t strike me as the type to know the difference if no one told her. I think Joe wanted a wife who would stay home, have lots of kids, and not ask too many questions. Teresa fit the bill. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Yeah. I think Joe broke the law because he felt like the laws he was breaking don’t matter. He just didn’t feel like he should have to build an honest business. I think Teresa happily spent tons of money, but I also think Joe told her how much money they had. If Joe gave her $500 to spend on the girls that’s what she did. If Joe gave her $50000 to spend on the girls that’s what she did. Not that I don’t think she was always materialistic spendthrift, but in leaner days I’m sure she just entertained herself with shopping sprees at Claire’s instead of Channel. Teressa doesn’t strike me as the type to know the difference if no one told her. I think Joe wanted a wife who would stay home, have lots of kids, and not ask too many questions. Teresa fit the bill. 

EXACTLY!

There is another thing I'm still curious about.

Joe is no mastermind himself either - he had help or connections. Who forged all that documentation. Where the hell is the underwriter and staff who are supposed to verify every line of the loan applications. It's not just one person - it's a group at the mortgage/loan company that fact checksEVERYthing - from the W 2 forms to the tax history to the employment history. There is someone else or a group of someone else's who got a cut of every loan approved

• Useful 2
On 2/27/2020 at 2:01 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

I never said that nor do I believe that. I believe, instead of having tough conversations with his wife about her ridiculous spending, Joe took a stupid, illegal path of least resistance and just took any possible route to make more money so he didn't have to argue. It's immature behavior, but my point was that I don't think Joe will have a tough time adjusting to a less lavish lifestyle in Italy in any other way than missing his daughters.

As for his citizenship, that's his responsibility and I never stated otherwise.

We do not see this situation in similar lights so let's agree to disagree.

I agree.  Teresa acts like her hands are clean.  The law doesn’t recognize stupidity.  I hope those girls spend lots of time, without Teresa, in Italy.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, KungFuBunny said:

On 2/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, kicksave said:

I totally agree about Teresa when she's around Joe. Let's be honest, she was in an abusive relationship with him since she was a teenager. No physical violence but emotional and verbal abuse. We've all seen it. So many times on camera we've witnessed his verbal abuse towards her...the put downs and crude remarks about her intelligence...the cheating and the disgusting remarks he made about her to his side piece when he was talking to her on his cellphone in the California vineyard. She absolutely reverted back to old Teresa when she was with him in Italy...she actually shrank in his presence. Not a fan of hers but I don't wish any woman to be in any kind of abusive relationship. He's a thuggy jerk and is fortunate that his daughters are still in his life and care so much for him. I can tell you that if they had four boys I don't think he would be so fortunate...most sons are protective of their mothers...not piling on like Gia.

Honestly, I'm not saying Teresa is some angel, but I see her as someone who is vulnerable to abuse and being a doormat. She lets Joe get away with a lot. She lets her girls get away with a lot. Teresa was wrong to encourage crazy Danielle to pull Margaret's hair. However, she was drunk, and I believe that she didn't think Danielle was going to be so forceful. I think other people pick up on Teresa not being the smartest, and they take advantage of it. What her brother said about her going from crazy jealous with her first boyfriends to not believing Joe is cheating unless she sees it with her own eyes, I cracked up at first but felt bad when it sounded like maybe Teresa's heart is too trusting.