Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Monster Inside

• Start Topic

Owen, Michelle and the 126 crew race to a rattlesnake infestation at a young family's home, and attempt to rescue a man with dementia from a dangerous scene that he created. Meanwhile, Owen adopts a firehouse dog with cancer and Michelle finally learns the truth behind her sister's disappearance. Also, a tragic accident shakes the team to its core.

Airing Monday, March 2, 2020.

My favorite scene of this entire series had to be when the mama's boy pulled the sword on the paramedics.  Because, what elderly woman wouldn't have a random sword just laying around her bedroom?

For a show that has all too often been painfully predictable, I have to admit I didn't see the kid shooting TK coming.  

Back to being predictable, Michelle's sister is alive and in the homeless camp -- something I think literally everyone saw coming.  

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

So what happened, please.  Missed it. 

The sister had developed schizophrenia; her death was an accident. 
Meanwhile in the present, a man with early-onset dementia broke into his old home, terrifying the current owners, who wound up shooting the captain’s son. He’s unconscious in a hospital. 

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Back to being predictable, Michelle's sister is alive and in the homeless camp -- something I think literally everyone saw coming.  

Wait. What? I thought those were just flashbacks. No?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

How did the little boy wind up with the loaded gun?

I assume that he picked it up when his grandfather collapsed.

Tom Cruise's cousin played the Guy in the Wrong House. Crinkles his face in the same way Tom does.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Delurking to say that if TK wanted to press charges against that idiot grandma who didn't put the loaded gun away, I wouldn't blame him.

Granted, her husband had just had a heart attack in front of her and their grandson and they were scared, but she knew the gun was loaded and she knew that the team was there to save her husband and since Dementia Guy, who only broke into their house because he thought he still lived there, was gone, she had plenty of time to put the gun back before the team arrived and if she had, TK wouldn't have been shot in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, that woman and her grandson not only owes the team their lives, they owe them-especially Owen and TK-an apology.

• Love 12
(edited)
10 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Wait. What? I thought those were just flashbacks. No?

Since Michelle was there helping the same guy she gave the insulin to last week,  I assume it was the call she got while in the chapel with Owen and she went to help. ("I won't ignore a call for help again.") As the ambulance pulled away, it showed the sister.  I'm fairly certain it is present day. 

4 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Granted, her husband had just had a heart attack in front of her and their grandson and they were scared, but she knew the gun was loaded and she knew that the team was there to save her husband and since Dementia Guy, who only broke into their house because he thought he still lived there, was gone, she had plenty of time to put the gun back before the team arrived and if she had, TK wouldn't have been shot in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, that woman and her grandson not only owes the team their lives, they owe them-especially Owen and TK-an apology.

Wasn't Grandma giving the geriatric Dirty Harry CPR?  I would assume she thought that took priority over securing the gun. 

Edited by Bulldog
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I don't necessarily blame Grandma for not securing the weapon first...but it IS still at least partially on her. Even though her husband was having a medical emergency, maybe make sure that your grandson hasn't grabbed the gun, nor is he standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, POINTING AT THE DOOR WHERE THE HELP IS.

That being said, Grandma was distracted and it was far from the dumbest thing we've seen on this show. This is also the show that had a fire captain get struck by lightning by playing through a round of golf in a thunderstorm.  

So, I thought that the whole "TK, you hit" line from the promo for this episode was a fake-out. So colour me shocked when TK was actually shot...and it ended up being serious. 

I know that I was supposed to feel really deeply for the whole end sequence...but I dunno, it didn't pack the punch I was hoping for. Maybe because we're only eight episodes in, maybe it's the lackluster acting overall, but...I didn't really feel anything. I know TK will be fine, so it loses its impact. And Rob Lowe didn't necessarily deliver a gutwrenching performance where I felt like Owen felt scared that his son might not be ok. 

The moment that got me more was TK bonding with the damn dog a few scenes earlier. And I do like TK as a character (he's number three on my favourites list, well behind Judd and Grace) so you'd think I would feel more for TK being shot and in a coma. 

In other news, Michelle's sister is alive. No surprise there. I do like Lyndsy Fonseca a lot, so...goddamnit, this show cast an actress that I might stick around for, should the show get renewed (which it probably will) and if Iris sticks around for next season.

• Love 5

I've loved Lyndsy Fonseca  since she was Colleen on "The Young And The Restless" so I'm glad Iris isn't actually dead. 

Was that Liv Tyler actually singing? She has a nice voice. 

Nooo, not my TK! I love that pretty boy. 

That dog was adorable. What a big, giant fluff ball. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kleav said:

Tom Cruise's cousin played the Guy in the Wrong House. Crinkles his face in the same way Tom does.

I didn't know he was Tom's cousin.  He's one of those HITG (Hey it's that guy!) actors that I've seen in other roles, but I mainly remember him as Ethan from 'Lost'. 

Yes, the sister turning up in the homeless camp wasn't a surprise, but the guy getting shot was. I'm guessing that TK will be okay, because otherwise Lowe's character won't have any reason to hang around and would probably lose the will to fight his cancer. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

Delurking to say that if TK wanted to press charges against that idiot grandma who didn't put the loaded gun away, I wouldn't blame him

According to the School of Law & Order (which I have already learned once in the past week is not always correct) if TK dies, since the guy with dementia was committing a B&E felony at the time, he is responsible. 

• Useful 3

This show started out whack with the couple at dinner. The woman had screwed up eyes, her left eye was all squinty, only partly open, and I kept staring at her lopsided eyeballs instead of listening to her whining about leaving her kid.

A snake on the floor isn’t going to crawl up and into a baby crib, but whatever. The snake story was pretty fun, I like snakes, but what was with the guy (was it Owen?) throwing the empty fire extinguisher at the basement snakes. Was that something the writers saw on old westerns, when you are out of bullets you are required to throw your pistol at the bad guys. Like that’s a huge deterrent or something.

Where was dead/not-dead sister’s truck found? For some reason I thought it was hauled out of some lake, which made me wonder how animals spread the bones all around, and how the blood on the truck was so obvious. But if it was found in a gully somewhere .... never mind.

Good on this show and a zillion props to TPTB for the dog being a purebred Bernese Mountain Dog, and a nice one at that. But shame on the show writers for not informing the firemen that dogs can be safely crated when alone so they don’t destroy houses or fire houses.

Best line of the night: “You’re being a dick to a cancer dog.”

Hey Michelle, maybe show some respect and don’t wear holey-knee jeans when visiting a chapel. Or anyone in a hospital.

WTH with all these dramas taking time to showcase their actors singing. Was this ep a cross over with This Is Us? Spare us, writers. No more.

The kid shooting that gun was another great surprise scene, although it will take a lot to beat out the golfer lightning strike from last week. That was golden.

Sis is in the homeless encampment. Yawn. Why didn’t she move on to Dallas or, even better, Houston. Or even better, New Orleans. Or even better ... totally off this show. I liked her better when she was dead.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

A snake on the floor isn’t going to crawl up and into a baby crib, but whatever. The snake story was pretty fun, I like snakes, but what was with the guy (was it Owen?) throwing the empty fire extinguisher at the basement snakes. Was that something the writers saw on old westerns, when you are out of bullets you are required to throw your pistol at the bad guys. Like that’s a huge deterrent or something.

It was Judd. He hates snakes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I understand why Grandma didn't secure the gun. I'm sure it didn't cross her mind since she was giving CPR. What I don't understand is why the hell she didn't get up and unlock the damn door. Stop the CPR, unlock the door, and let the professionals take over! So I do blame her for the shooting just for a different reason. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

According to the School of Law & Order (which I have already learned once in the past week is not always correct) if TK dies, since the guy with dementia was committing a B&E felony at the time, he is responsible. 

But then again when Drs. Olivet and Skoda make their report to the court and DA felony murder charges will be moot since the accused is not fit to aid in his defense 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Court said:

Stop the CPR, unlock the door, and let the professionals take over! So I do blame her for the shooting just for a different reason. 

Or tell the kid to go over and unlock the door, the bad guy was gone. So yeah, I blame her too. The EMTs are there to save the guy she's giving CPR to, yet she doesn't unlock the door? Eh. Lawsuit happening. Or jail the kid for manslaughter/attempted murder. Yeah, that's the ticket!

23 hours ago, Bulldog said:

My favorite scene of this entire series had to be when the mama's boy pulled the sword on the paramedics.  Because, what elderly woman wouldn't have a random sword just laying around her bedroom?

Because every elderly woman everywhere has a samurai sword in her bedroom, right?

Some years ago there was a big story here where a woman's mummified/desiccated body was being kept in the bedroom where she died, with the family treating her like she really was alive. I think she had been dead for years. And she didn't smell at all when she was finally found! So that story line was not as bogus as one might think.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kleav said:

William Mapother played Ethan Rom on LOST.

Ethan.JPG

• Useful 2
(edited)

I know people don’t like like Michelle but I thought it brought the story of her missing sister to an interesting end.   The truth that Michelle has been chasing all this time was that Iris was mentally ill and both she and her mother just refused to see it.

i also liked the “Psycho” call.   I thought it was both funny and tragic.   

snd yeah TK not wanting to deal with Buttercup was more then just about the dog.  And I hate pets on tv shows.   HATE THEM.

Three seasons from now unless the dog story has a point people are going to be asking “where is the dog”.    One appearance of a dog and it’s like it’s a lead character.   Owen can die from his cancer TK can get shot but if anything bad happens to the dog.  People gonna get angryz

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I was thinking at first that the kid shooting TK was way too much like Ryan being shot on Station 19, but it's not technically a ripoff, I guess, because I assume this episode was already in the can when that one aired, not too long ago. 

Love the Bernese Mountain Dog. 

• Love 1

I do like Lindsey Fonseca and even just her few minutes on screen she added a punch to the sister storyline it was lacking.  But still... I am over it.  I jut want them to do crazy rescues and have us see pieces of their personal/romantic stories not be immersed in a whole ass moody family domestic story-line. Unless it it Judd & Grace, I'd love a family domestic story-line with them (but not moody).

Loved the dog. 

The rescues were good, I am 100% with Judd on snakes.  Man, oh man, I freak out even at the sight of a teeny stick-like garden snake.  Eek.  That poor babysitter.  LOL

I liked the one with the dementia patient.  Although the shooting created dramatic impact, in retrospect the way it played out made no real sense.  Unless the little kid is a little psycho in the making, he would have heard them saying they were the fire department so no reason to think they were still in danger.  I know he as a kid and all, but kids that age to respond to authority and Owen sounded very authoritative.  Also it makes no sense for the woman to continue compressions when they were right there, my ass would have jumped up and let them in and let them bring in their equipment and expertise etc. etc. 

I have come to like TK more as the season has gone on, but the shooting just isn't hitting emotionally, imo.

• Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I have come to like TK more as the season has gone on, but the shooting just isn't hitting emotionally, imo.

Same here. I'm meh whether he lives or dies. He's not the brightest bulb if you ask me. And he's way too macho my way or highway. Yeah, I'd be fine if he stays in a coma.

Do people go into a coma when they are shot? I'm guessing he got shot in the chest since that's the biggest part of him.

Now if Judd was the one shot, I'd be all OH NO THEY DIDN'T. I even forgive that fire extinguisher being chucked at the snakes a la old-time westerns now that I know it was Judd. Judd rules.

I didn't know Tom Cruise had a cousin. Yikes!

ETA: I have a zillion personal-experience stories with snakes, both poisonous and not. Most are pretty funny. Like when I found a huge black snake with a big toad half in its mouth. I did a finger flick on the snake's head until he opened up enough that the toad could escape. I never saw either one again.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

That kid has great aim. I, too, was wondering why the hell Grandma didn't just unlock the door. The guys loudly identified themselves as fire & rescue so I'm not sure what possessed a little kid to shoot. As soon as I saw the opening credits I told my husband "Tom Cruise's cousin is in this one." Tom Cruise's actual last name is Mapother. 

A dog with cancer in a clinical trial needs to have some supervision and structure. Come on.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I, too, was wondering why the hell Grandma didn't just unlock the door. The guys loudly identified themselves as fire & rescue so I'm not sure what possessed a little kid to shoot.

I was wondering why after shouting "Austin Fire and Rescue" Owen didn't add: "please open the door" before motioning to TK to breach the door, without even a warning in case someone is standing on the other side. Even if the grandma was too distracted to remember the door was closed, this would have reminded her.

• Love 6

I've loved Lyndsy Fonseca  since she was Colleen on "The Young And The Restless" so I'm glad Iris isn't actually dead. 

Oh wait . . . so that was her? I thought it might be but I didn't see her name in the credits, and she wasn't listed in this role on her IMDB page as of last night.

I felt bad for the poor doggy left all alone in the fire station while the crew was out on a run. Poor thing is in a brand new environment and nobody is around. They should have him penned up in a contained area with food and water. 

All those snakes in the basement gave me the wigs.

• Love 2

I hope they write out TK as his storyline is supremely boring. Plus the homosexual interest group is already covered by the gay cop.

They should replace him with a firefighter in a wheelchair who can get a wavier from the physical part of the test. He can just wheel up to the fire pulling the hose. Perfect.

• LOL 5

I don’t want to get into a gun rights debate, but the mistake that grandma and grandpa made with the gun was having one in the first place. They clearly were not well trained enough to use it well, so even in the case of a genuine home invasion, the most likely outcome was they would have the gun taken away and used against them. It’s really not easy to use a gun in a high stress situation.

There’s not much they could have done differently in that moment. I’m not sure they are legally liable for anything. The mistake was made long before that night. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Where was dead/not-dead sister’s truck found? For some reason I thought it was hauled out of some lake, which made me wonder how animals spread the bones all around, and how the blood on the truck was so obvious. But if it was found in a gully somewhere .... never mind.

I thought they pulled it out of a ravine.

Loved the dog! What a sweetie!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I had a hard time with the gun thing. How did Granny not see grandson pick it up? It's not like it was tossed onto the bed or anything.

gun.jpg

Edited by mojito
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, mojito said:

I had a hard time with the gun thing. How did Granny not see grandson pick it up? It's not like it was tossed onto the bed or anything.

gun.jpg

I can totally imagine her being only focused on CPR to the point that even if she saw the boy pick it up and knew she should intervene, her attachment to doing everything to keep her husband alive caused her to ignore everything else. (My father died at 91 five years ago. My mother never got over it.) Plus, lots of older people have glaucoma and macular degeneration. She may not have seen him pick it up, but just a blur of the child near her.

3 hours ago, Xantar said:

I don’t want to get into a gun rights debate, but the mistake that grandma and grandpa made with the gun was having one in the first place. They clearly were not well trained enough to use it well, so even in the case of a genuine home invasion, the most likely outcome was they would have the gun taken away and used against them. It’s really not easy to use a gun in a high stress situation.

There’s not much they could have done differently in that moment. I’m not sure they are legally liable for anything. The mistake was made long before that night. 

And yes, but I will just add that perhaps Gramps became a gun owner decades ago when he was well-trained and just hadn't touched it in decades. Cars can be lethal weapons too and are often driven by people who shouldn't anymore. 
Don't worry. No guns in my home. I don't even have a working blender anymore.

Edited by shapeshifter
"lost" and "lots" have different meanings
  • Love 2

There was way too much Liv Tyler and not enough rescues but the rescues they did have were good..especially the dementia one...

The biggest laugh I had was the dead mother listening to  "People Will Say We're in Love" as the rescue team entered. I've learned the best way to enjoy this show is FFwd through almost all of Liv Tyler's scenes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Wait, so what happened to the Captain's kid again? Think I totally missed it haha.

They used a battering ram to gain access to a victim who just collapse out of fear that a crazy home invader was coming after his family. When the victim fell he dropped his weapon and his grandson picked it up and covered the door.  The Captain's son would have been the first one inside so he took the bullet as the grandson who was guarding his grandparents  fired

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Wait, so what happened to the Captain's kid again? Think I totally missed it haha.

9 minutes ago, Raja said:

They used a battering ram to gain access to a victim who just collapse out of fear that a crazy home invader was coming after his family. When the victim fell he dropped his weapon and his grandson picked it up and covered the door.  The Captain's son would have been the first one inside so he took the bullet as the grandson who was guarding his grandparents  fired

And, @yanksno1, just in case you missed it, this was the kid who fired the gun: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9322167/mediaviewer/rm2850782976 
And the last word from the doctor in the hospital where the Captain’s son lays unconscious after surgery to reinflate a lung was that they don’t know yet about permanent brain damage. 

• Love 3
On 3/2/2020 at 8:49 PM, saber5055 said:

Why didn’t she move on to Dallas or, even better, Houston. Or even better, New Orleans. Or even better ... totally off this show. I liked her better when she was dead.

She changed her name to Rose Dawson and lived happily ever after. 

Is there an engine at Station 126?  It makes no sense to send out a big, slow moving ladder truck to every single call, regardless of type.  And why wasn't the ambo responded to the snake call on the alert?  You're going to want one there just on spec, in case someone gets bit in between call and arrival.

A thing about snakes - they really are more scared of you than you are of them (hard to believe, I know).  It was totally unnecessary and time consuming to use the CO2 extinguisher, when they could have used a broom (and brooms are carried on ladder trucks) to push them out of the way.  By the way, Judd, that was a department fire extinguisher.  Someone has to go back in there and get it.

"Till I Can Gain Control Again" is one of my favorite Rodney Crowell songs.  Emmylou Harris does an absolutely heartbreaking cover of it, but Liv Tyler (if that was her voice) did right by it, too.  That even looked like James Taylor on the guitar at the club.

One other thing, Michelle and crew - you can quite literally kill someone with a defibrillator.  The whole purpose of the thing is to shock the uncontrolled heart rhythm (fibrillation) into asystole (no pulse) for a moment until the brain figures out the correct electrical pulses to get it going in normal rhythm again (a very basic explanation, I know).  Doing that to a normal heart rhythm, especially at the higher joule values (she said set it to 360) will have the same effect.  I read a news story of a brand new medic on an ambulance who shocked her partner as a prank.  He died and she went to prison for manslaughter.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

So did Grandpa die or what?

When we saw the preview last week I told my son that Damien by the dresser was going to do something bad and when we were watching the show he said just before it happened onscreen “TK is going to get shot!” and I said yep.  Damien.

Snakes are unnatural little creatures that have locomotion without legs.  That whole scene was awful.  The mom and dad of that child aren’t going to last, he was kind of a dick.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Michelle and crew - you can quite literally kill someone with a defibrillator.  The whole purpose of the thing is to shock the uncontrolled heart rhythm (fibrillation) into asystole (no pulse) for a moment until the brain figures out the correct electrical pulses to get it going in normal rhythm again (a very basic explanation, I know).  Doing that to a normal heart rhythm, especially at the higher joule values (she said set it to 360) will have the same effect.  I read a news story of a brand new medic on an ambulance who shocked her partner as a prank.  He died and she went to prison for manslaughter

I was wondering about this. The actual line as read was “Charge is set to 150? Make it 300.” If it was 300 vs 360 m, would that make it any less potentially lethal?
And it would have been nice if they had first had a line like: “Mr. Crazypants, I know you’re worried about your mother, but, for her sake, try to calm down; you don’t happen to have a have a heart condition, do you?”

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

thing about snakes - they really are more scared of you than you are of them (hard to believe, I know).

Have to disagree because (a) how do you know if a particular snake is a scaredy-cat? and (b) you cannot know the extent of someone else’s fear.
Plus, if it’s your 11-year-old vs. a rattlesnake in the garage, you too might be relieved when the local police officer shot the snake’s head off, gave your daughter the rattles as a souvenir, and allegedly took the rest home for snake steaks.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

A thing about snakes - they really are more scared of you than you are of them (hard to believe, I know).  It was totally unnecessary and time consuming to use the CO2 extinguisher, when they could have used a broom (and brooms are carried on ladder trucks) to push them out of the way. 

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Have to disagree because (a) how do you know if a particular snake is a scaredy-cat? and (b) you cannot know the extent of someone else’s fear.

Definitely agree about the fear issue.  Maybe generally snakes are more scared than the average human, but that's a bold overstatement.  I am almost paralyzingly terrified of snakes in cages--in the open, I literally can't move because I'm so scared.  

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Snakes are unnatural little creatures that have locomotion without legs. 

Which is part of why they are so scary.  It's not just that they don't have legs--THEY GAVE UP LEGS!!!  Science tells us that snakes still have vestigial muscles showing that at some point in their evolution they did have legs and chose to give them up.  That's messed up.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2020 at 7:38 AM, icemiser69 said:

Back when I was a child in my paisley shirt, plaid pants wearing days as a kid, I heard my mom scream as she exited the house.   She went to step outside, she was scared by a garden snake and sprained her ankle trying to get back into the house.

Not laughing at your mom’s backyard accident but at our apparent shared wardrobe. My fave-rave pants in junior high were red-white-and-blue bell bottoms with a patchwork pattern that had both paisley AND plaid and more more more! Sadly, a photo DOES exist from my sister’s birthday party, so the outfit is enhanced by my forced wearing of a clown face party hat. 

I’d have been happier being bitten by a rattlesnake and that’s evident in the photo  but I loved those pants, especially when worn with a BUBBLE SHIRT!!!

• LOL 2

I think I blinked and missed the reveal that sister is alive and is in the homeless camp... I know it has been suggested here and i'm not surprised, but I just don't remember seeing it on screen lol

• Love 1
21 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

they don’t know yet about permanent brain damage. 

For some reason, this reminds me of an old Rescue Me.

I suppose he will be handicapped in some way, and Liv Tyler will come to the ... RESCUE.

8 hours ago, vavera4ka said:

I think I blinked and missed the reveal that sister is alive and is in the homeless camp... I know it has been suggested here and i'm not surprised, but I just don't remember seeing it on screen lol

It was a quick ending shot. Michelle went to the homeless camp to help someone, got the guy put into an ambulance, then the camera panned to a woman looking out of a  homeless tent. Voila, homeless missing sis.

20 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

By the way, Judd, that was a department fire extinguisher.  Someone has to go back in there and get it.

Thank you for your support. I was totally irked by Judd throwing away that (refillable) fire extinguisher.

10 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

My fave-rave pants in junior high were red-white-and-blue bell bottoms with a patchwork pattern that had both paisley AND plaid and more more more!

You were def one of the cool kids with that outfit. And I'm serious about that!

If this thread were in person, I'd be the one with a garter snake chasing ya'll around and laughing my *ss off.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

If this thread were in person, I'd be the one with a garter snake chasing ya'll around and laughing my *ss off.

I would be concerned about a grandson hearing a rattle and squeezing the trigger 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

If you did that, I would steal your dog and run away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If you did that, I would steal your dog and run away.

You mean the dog that killed the snake in the back yard and brought it inside and draped it on my bed? Ha ha! (I used kitchen tongs to remove/bag it.)

• LOL 2
On 3/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, anna0852 said:

Now that we've gotten a mention of TK's mom, I would pay real money for them to cast Emily Proctor if we ever meet her.

That would be fantastic. Those two had such chemistry on The West Wing.

I spent TK's on-screen time trying to figure out what is on the medallion on the chain around his neck. 

• Love 2

They used a battering ram to gain access to a victim who just collapse out of fear that a crazy home invader was coming after his family. 

Which is weird, because Owen called out "Austin FD" and the woman called back "help us!" so she knew who was on the other side of the door. Why did Owen immediately motion TK to use the battering ram? Why not simply ask the woman to open the damn door? And how on earth could the woman not see her grandson standing there pointing a rifle at the door? As soon as she heard the fire department call out you would think she'd have run straight to the door to let them in. 

Captain’s son lays unconscious after surgery to reinflate a lung was that they don’t know yet about permanent brain damage. 

And how will they be able to tell the difference?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3