Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Monster Inside

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, sabretooth said:

I spent TK's on-screen time trying to figure out what is on the medallion on the chain around his neck. 

"Lone Star!  You know that medallion you wear around your neck?  It's a royal birth certificate..."

I kinda like that the dead sister wasn't dead.  It's hokey and unrealistic, but feel good is nice even if it's not at all realistic.  This show seems to show more happy outcomes for its storylines than other shows, and that's ok by me.

Now, how would a dog get lung cancer?  It can't be from 9/11 because dogs generally live around 10 years and 9/11 is about 20 years ago, so…lovely dog, bernese are so beautiful.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, eyesopen said:

Now, how would a dog get lung cancer?

Dogs can get all the same cancers people do and for the same reasons ... meaning it just happens. Lung cancer in dogs can be primary or secondary. Primary means a tumor was found in the lungs, something that is difficult to find until the growth is large enough to be seen on x-rays. Secondary would be if the cancer spreads to the lungs through the blood or lymph systems or by tumor cells from a cancer that originated in another part of the body. While neither is good, secondary is worse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

that's very sad. I guess you can tell I'm not a dog owner since I didn't know that.

I recently read that certain dog breeds have higher chances of getting cancer.  The interbreeding in the history of making the breed made the cancer gene stronger.  Thanks saber for the dog cancer info.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, eyesopen said:

I recently read that certain dog breeds have higher chances of getting cancer. 

Yes, certain breeds are prone to certain cancers. But breed clubs are constantly working toward isolating and eliminating hereditary diseases in purebred dogs, and responsible breeders do multiple health tests and get health clearances on their dogs before breeding, and spay/neuter dogs that do not pass, the goal being a disease-free breed. There is a big problem with "rescue" dogs being so popular, many are imported from overseas to be sold as rescues. Mongrels and "designer" dogs could have every hereditary disease known, passed down from their zillion unknown ancestors.

Interestingly, dogs on chemo do not lose their hair. Back OT, Buttercup will remain beautifully coiffed!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Buttercup is such a big fluffball! What a good sweet boy! I love how everyone immediately starting loving all over him (except for TK because of his personal stuff) and I am convinced that most every show is improved with the presence of a cute dog who must beat this cancer immediately. 

I knew that the one guy was going to have some kind of creepy mother thing going on as soon as he called them about "Mother", I got Bates Motel vibes instantly. A boys best friend is his mother indeed. 

So did that kid who shot TK not hear the Austin Med shout or whatever that got called in before they ran in? How have I now seen two shows where first responders get shot by kids whos dumbass parents leave guns lying around back to back? Station 19 just did this story, but there it was a really little kid, this kid looked a bit older, and unlike the little kid, knew exactly what he was doing, just not who he was hitting...presumably, unless the kid is just a psycho. Yeah the grandpa was having a heart attack, so I dont fully blame grandma for not securing the gun, but she didnt notice the kid grabbing the gun, lining it up, and waiting for someone to come in. 

Wait, the missing sister is alive? I totally missed that, I thought she died in the van, presumably after she drove it off a cliff? So then whos bones were those? And how big will that apology gift basket that Michelle needs to send to Dustin be?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I love how everyone immediately starting loving all over him (except for TK because of his personal stuff)

I was thinking about TK and his reaction to the dog. I do not like TK at all, every story line he has makes TK all about TK and no one else, he doesn't care about anyone but TK, even a dog. The dog has cancer and even though it's not aware of that, it's human compassion that made everyone else love on the dog non-stop. Yet TK rejects the dog because it's going to die (all pets do) so let's just ignore the dog for the next five to 10 years because of that.

What a jerk.

He treated the cop the same way when the cop made a nice dinner and invited him to spend a nice evening in his company. I hope TK stays in his coma. Judd can be Owen's new adopted son.

We'll never see that kid again, the one who shot TK. Maybe he'll get one line of dialogue, but this show moves past traumatic events pretty quickly, like in the same episode.

The bones in the truck are suppose to be Missing Sister because of the bracelet, but my guess is, someone (the guy maybe) stole the bracelet, or Missing Sister sold it to get drug money, or Missing Sister killed the truck guy and ran the truck into the ravine and her bracelet got caught on the door or something. Pick one! Maybe the writers haven't figured it out yet, that's for Season 2, if there is one.

Like I care about Michelle or MS, which I don't. More Judd and Owen, please. And Buttercup!

33 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

And how big will that apology gift basket that Michelle needs to send to Dustin be?

There isn't a big enough gift basket in this world to apologize for that IMO.

• Love 4
On 3/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, saber5055 said:

I was thinking about TK and his reaction to the dog. I do not like TK at all, every story line he has makes TK all about TK and no one else, he doesn't care about anyone but TK, even a dog. The dog has cancer and even though it's not aware of that, it's human compassion that made everyone else love on the dog non-stop. Yet TK rejects the dog because it's going to die (all pets do) so let's just ignore the dog for the next five to 10 years because of that.

What a jerk.

The bones in the truck are suppose to be Missing Sister because of the bracelet, but my guess is, someone (the guy maybe) stole the bracelet, or Missing Sister sold it to get drug money, or Missing Sister killed the truck guy and ran the truck into the ravine and her bracelet got caught on the door or something. Pick one! Maybe the writers haven't figured it out yet, that's for Season 2, if there is one.

In a perverse way, I like that one person out of all the group did not like the dog right away, even though it was for a very moron reason.  Made for feeble story drama.  TK, what an immature grown man you are.  His dad cough to the side yeah my grown kid is a d-.  I love it when of course then the dog starts hanging around TK, like a cat that sees a person doesn’t like it, of course then the cat tries to jump on your lap all the time.

I think your scenario #2 works-she sold the bracelet not for drug money but to buy more aluminum foil, you know, to not have more bad people read her mind. (joking, sort of)

I'm only interested in Michelle’s character because of the mystery of her sister. I don’t see how Judd, so boldly redneck that he is, is in an interracial marriage.  The two have zero romantic chemistry, but I like them separately.  Not really much depth, except for Judd being very decent to Owen about his cancer.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, eyesopen said:

I don’t see how Judd, so boldly redneck that he is, is in an interracial marriage.  The two have zero romantic chemistry,

I don’t see sexual chemistry between them either, but they demonstrate a believable closeness that is lacking in many, if not most marriages on and off screen. I don’t care to see on-screen sex (maybe because I grew up watching married TV couples in separate twin beds, LOL) so I hadn’t noticed their lack of that kind of chemistry until you mentioned it. 

• Love 2

I don’t think TK’s avoiding the dog was just about him not wanting to fall in love with it before it died.  I took it as a sign of his emotional place right then and there, with his father going through cancer treatments and his own recent breakup that led to his relapse and OD.  That is a lot going on, even if it is not him who has cancer.  I can see him not feeling like he could handle anymore loss emotionally. Thus putting his sobriety at risk too.  It could be interesting to see them dwell on this a bit.  If it comes back of course.

• Love 2