Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Countdown to I Do's

• Start Topic

I’d like to know how they got so many overhead shots of Atlanta when the traffic isn’t a gridlocked nightmare.

Jessica’s dog is fantastic. What a good sweetie! Mark continues to be an excellent human being. 

I do think it’s strange that Kevin and Kelly still hadn’t had sex at this point. That was surprising. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I feel like Cameron meeting Lauren's dad was rough because Cameron is maybe the quietest of all the guys. So he wasn't jumping in to feel the silences. 

I've seen so many wedding dress shows I wasn't that interested in the process but there were some nice dresses in the bunch.

Wait, so Jessica and Mark HAVE had sex? When did that happen?

JESUS CHRIST. I cannot with Jessica pulling Barnett for these one-on-one chats. Jessica pretending she can't possibly imagine why Barnett and Amber think she's still pining over him is just... Girl. GIRL. I can't with you. I can't. This physically hurts to watch. So awkward.

Is Giannina an Instagram model? Because the chiron says she's a "business owner."

Doesn't this show pay for all the wedding stuff? Are they just pretending they have to pay for the outfits themselves? 

Were there more parent meetings that were too boring to include or did some of them just not happen?

Jessica's baby voice is back. Yaay...

I thought Damian and Giannina were going to have one of their dumb fights again and was prepared to just wait it out and then they brought up politics. We really know so little about these people. What do they really care about? I feel like the show promised that we were going to get additional context when they were back in the real world and yet they've shown us so little of it.

It can't be that cold in Georgia. Kelly and Kenny's fully clothed makeout sessions in bed are starting to feel weird. I feel like I didn't understand what she was saying. I'm scared you're not going to be able to give me an orgasm so let's just put it off until I'm confident it'll happen? That's not... how it works.

The music was overly dramatic but I feel like the way Amber was pushing Barnett at the end of the episode was more valid than what Giannina was doing with Damian. Maybe keeping squabbles private is not how everyone does things but a couple should be on the same page about that kind of thing. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Irritable said:

I do think it’s strange that Kevin and Kelly still hadn’t had sex at this point. That was surprising. 

Wow. I thought they had sex in Mexico! They definitely seem like the best matched couple. Their parents are great.

I actually felt bad for Jessica when she tried on the last dress. She can't be honest with Mark or herself so she seems miserable.

Amber is a lazy individual.

Edited by Adgirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I feel like Cameron meeting Lauren's dad was rough because Cameron is maybe the quietest of all the guys. So he wasn't jumping in to feel the silences. 

I've seen so many wedding dress shows I wasn't that interested in the process but there were some nice dresses in the bunch.

JESUS CHRIST. I cannot with Jessica pulling Barnett for these one-on-one chats. Jessica pretending she can't possibly imagine why Barnett and Amber think she's still pining over him is just... Girl. GIRL. I can't with you. I can't. This physically hurts to watch. So awkward.

Is Giannina an Instagram model? Because the chiron says she's a "business owner."

Doesn't this show pay for all the wedding stuff? Are they just pretending they have to pay for the outfits themselves? 

Were there more parent meetings that were too boring to include or did some of them just not happen?

Jessica's baby voice is back. Yaay...

I thought Damian and Giannina were going to have one of their dumb fights again and was prepared to just wait it out and then they brought up politics. We really know so little about these people. What do they really care about? I feel like the show promised that we were going to get additional context when they were back in the real world and yet they've shown us so little of it.

It can't be that cold in Georgia. Kelly and Kenny's fully clothed makeout sessions in bed are starting to feel weird. I feel like I didn't understand what she was saying. I'm scared you're not going to be able to give me an orgasm so let's just put it off until I'm confident it'll happen? That's not... how it works.

The music was overly dramatic but I feel like the way Amber was pushing Barnett at the end of the episode was more valid than what Giannina was doing with Damian. Maybe keeping squabbles private is not how everyone does things but a couple should be on the same page about that kind of thing. 

You hit the nail on the head. A terrible actress. She is overly dramatic and her conversations seem so fake. 

Run for it, Damian!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't say I do. She needs counseling. Even her step dad gave you the sign. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I thought Damian and Giannina were going to have one of their dumb fights again and was prepared to just wait it out and then they brought up politics.

They both seemed very set in their beliefs (conservative vs liberal is my guess). Damien interrupted her explanation by saying he admired her for sending money home, but that wasn't really the point. He's likely content with the current status quo, but she has a personal frame of reference for income inequalities, government corruption, immigration laws, etc.

Some couples are happy rubbing along with opposite political views, but it seems like just another spike in the road for these two.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I got the feeling the show was willing to spend x amount on the weddings which includes fake flowers. Anything above and beyond is out of pocket for the couples. Not a surprise to anyone, Amber wants above and beyond despite being jobless, heavily in-debt, and happily spending her day drinking wine and netflixing. 

Edited by oldCJ
Whoops. Wrong name.
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

The wedding packages from production most likely require them to use the same venue, the same decorations (including those fake rose petals these people are constantly throwing all over the floor), the same fake candles they have in their home spaces that they had to drag out for their special dates, the same metal wine goblets, and some faux fur throw blankets. Everything else is on them. 

Barnett looked pretty nauseated listening to Amber talk about how "they" needed to pay for the wedding because her mom has already done so much for her.  Considering she came into this letting everyone know what a "badass" she is because she was in the army and is a tank mechanic who can shoot a gun, she sure is a wimp when it comes to regular daily life.  I think a badass is someone who works hard to pay their bills and doesn't expect help from everyone around them so that they can just float around like some kind of princess.  She's also pretty emotionally and psychologically fragile, for a badass.  She repeatedly has said she doesn't think she could survive it if this doesn't work out with Barnett? She is nowhere near as tough as she wants everyone to believe she is.  

I have to say, I did not understand from the beginning of this series that the actual wedding day - in fact, the actual wedding CEREMONY - was supposed to be the big moment when they decide if they want to get married or not.  It feels weird to me that even the officiant at GiGi and Damian's wedding said things like "We HOPE to celebrate a marriage today" and "IF they get married, blah blah love stuff".  I guess that's part of the rules, and why Lauren has been acting so mysterious about whether or not she is going to say "I do" at the altar. It feels gross.  I'm not sitting here hoping for runaway brides, I'm not drooling as I wait for all the drama to unfold.  I want happy people in love, that's one of the things I like about this show, that it feels real between most of them, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I watch it - UNLIKE THE BACHELOR SHOWS.  I can only assume that it's GiGi who runs away and falls down in the dirt in her beautiful dress because Damian changes his mind, and as much as I do think she's not ready to be a good partner until she gets her fiery, hair-trigger temper under control, I'm not going to enjoy seeing her get hurt like that. 

One of the big appeals for me is that most of the time the couples have real conversations, they discuss things like actual adults, and they use real words without inserting "like" a thousand times into every sentence. It's not very on-brand to suddenly make them sort of trick each other into wondering what is going to happen when it's time to exchange vows.  It feels like a cheap gimmick for a show that up until this point has had one of the most solid premises for finding love on reality television.  

• Like 1
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, Chilly said:

I'm reaaaaalllly struggling with Amber  feeling like it's okay to expect Barnett to completely support her financially.  Girl, be a stay at home mom, that's fine. But you don't have kids right now, so get your ass to work and help support the lifestyle you seem to feel entitled to. Once you start popping out babies, then have that conversation with your partner about staying home to raise them.

At least work to pay off your own $20grand of student debt!

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Barnett looked pretty nauseated listening to Amber talk about how "they" needed to pay for the wedding because her mom has already done so much for her.  Considering she came into this letting everyone know what a "badass" she is because she was in the army and is a tank mechanic who can shoot a gun, she sure is a wimp when it comes to regular daily life.  I think a badass is someone who works hard to pay their bills and doesn't expect help from everyone around them so that they can just float around like some kind of princess.  She's also pretty emotionally and psychologically fragile, for a badass.  She repeatedly has said she doesn't think she could survive it if this doesn't work out with Barnett? She is nowhere near as tough as she wants everyone to believe she is.  

I feel like there's just a lot we don't know about Amber. Her story of her abortion and how that relationship ended was a lot. She's mentioned being homeless and couch-surfing and bouncing from job to job just to support herself. She didn't finish college. Barnett clearly didn't know what to expect her family to be like until they started driving around that neighborhood. I'm putting the pieces together but I think we're missing the complete picture of Amber and why she hasn't been living the most stable life. I don't think she's just a flighty party girl. 

• Love 19

Amber doesn't seem to be old enough to both have student debt and to be a veteran (because you have no student debt if you go to college with the GI bill after being discharged).  Or is it just credit card debt?

She keeps saying she wants to be a stay at home mom. . . . so she is just ready to be a kept woman.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

How on earth are Amber’s wedding dress alterations $850 when you know darn well she’s just going to wear a tube of spandex????

11 hours ago, meatball77 said:

Amber doesn't seem to be old enough to both have student debt and to be a veteran (because you have no student debt if you go to college with the GI bill after being discharged).  Or is it just credit card debt?

She keeps saying she wants to be a stay at home mom. . . . so she is just ready to be a kept woman.

She didn’t graduate from college so she probably went for a year, dropped out, and went in to the military.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2020 at 4:29 PM, aradia22 said:

I'm putting the pieces together but I think we're missing the complete picture of Amber and why she hasn't been living the most stable life. I don't think she's just a flighty party girl. 

I kind of think she is though.  She sure spends a lot of money on those over the knee boots and breast implants.  $20,000 in debt is a big deal.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Did Barnett really need to turn to reality tv to find a moderately attractive woman who would marry him, bring him mountains of debt to pay and sponge off him for the rest of his life?  

The fact that she immediately started talking about how it was their home the day she saw his house was a red flag. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18

I feel like Kelly may be demisexual, where she doesn’t feel sexual attraction until there is a strong emotional bond... and with her past lack of reaching orgasim and needing to trust Kenny more, my ace spectrum-gar went off. 

i find it so interesting that Matt is so different from the rest of his family. Not knowing him at all, obvi I do admire his devotion for his family... I just don’t think the Amber\Barnett family is gonna let Matt\Amber last

Edited by willgracefan
Jessica is so not Kelly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jessica's thirstiness for Barnett is insane. She just won't accept that he's not interested in her. Amber is crazy, but he seems to like it. Jessica is just not giving up on trying to get him to like her. And her age obsession is too much. He's 10 years younger but wayyy more mature than her so what is she so concerned with?

• Like 1
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, willgracefan said:

I feel like Jessica may be demisexual, where she doesn’t feel sexual attraction until there is a strong emotional bond... and with her past lack of reaching orgasim and needing to trust Kenny more, my ace spectrum-gar went off. 

i find it so interesting that Matt is so different from the rest of his family. Not knowing him at all, obvi I do admire his devotion for his family... I just don’t think the Amber\Barnett family is gonna let Matt\Amber last

What? Jessica would bang Barnett in a heartbeat and love it. She's not into Mark. That's it. She has no underlying condition.

Oh you meant Kelly. It's possible. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

What? Jessica would bang Barnett in a heartbeat and love it. She's not into Mark. That's it. She has no underlying condition.

But Kelly admitted flat out she likes brunettes.

Both Jessica and Kelly are the same.  They're not attracted to their fiances.  They've both admitted it.  It's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Sorry, not buying Kenny's explanation.  We saw him asking about and being disappointed in the no sex their first night in Mexico.

He was also visibly relieved to hear that Mark was also denied initially and he was clearly saddened to later learn that Mark & Jessica had finally done the deed. 

I think he;s embarrassed and trying to save face.  Not sure why, it's not his fault that Kelly wasn't attracted to him and strung him along.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Yes, Kelly! I totally meant Kelly. Obviously, Jessica wouldn’t need more time to sleep with Matt if he had picked her...hahaha 

On 2/20/2020 at 11:31 PM, aradia22 said:

My take is that in the past, when she has been new into a relationship and has not yet developed deep feelings, that introducing sex has gotten in the way of building the emotional connection because the focus becomes about the sex (and why she's not having an orgasm) instead of about continuing to build the emotional connection.  OTOH, I don't think she has taken that line of thinking far enough to consider that at some point, sex should be occurring in the relationship (I am assuming that neither she nor her mythical partner are asexual), and maybe she should have an actual plan to work towards that. 

And not to put too fine a point on it, but it sounds like girlfriend is a little confused about having an orgasm.  If she is worried about the possibility of not having an orgasm from sex, and how it will derail the relationship, then they should start now with having orgasms outside of actual intercourse.  That way they have a history of her having them, and they know what she likes...so when intercourse is introduced, there is far less pressure to have orgasms suddenly start happening, and also they both know what can be done to 'assist' in helping her achieve an orgasm during intercourse.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:26 PM, jabRI said:

I get the feeling Barnett is having real second thoughts, when she kept pressuring him about taking her side against his family, he was like 'i don't know what i'd do'.

WTAF is her problem?  Barnett in no way should be asked up front to commit to ALWAYS take her side against his parents.  For example, if she had a bad day, and while having dinner that night at his parents, the mother asked if she was stressed, so she called the mom a motherf*cker.  And that's not even mentioning if she cheated on him, stole from him, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 2/20/2020 at 11:31 PM, aradia22 said:

The only time I have heard it referred to is when

Spoiler

at the start of the next episode, she reveals to her real-life girlfriends that they have had sex.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, 2727 said:

Damien interrupted her explanation by saying he admired her for sending money home, but that wasn't really the point.

I actually don't believe she's doing what she implied with the care packages.  I think that she likely does send money, perhaps on the regular or semi-regular, but I think that she has only occasionally sent care packages and has implied an inflated frequency.  The reason I think this is because way back when she first met Damien in the pod, and she was talking about how long it's been since she had sex, it was a number in the 400s.  Then when she was talking to the ladies, she said a number in the 300s.  I think dramatizing/exaggerating things comes naturally to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

The only time I have heard it referred to is when

Hide contents

at the start of the next episode, she reveals to her real-life girlfriends that they have had sex.

I actually don't believe she's doing what she implied with the care packages.  I think that she likely does send money, perhaps on the regular or semi-regular, but I think that she has only occasionally sent care packages and has implied an inflated frequency.  The reason I think this is because way back when she first met Damien in the pod, and she was talking about how long it's been since she had sex, it was a number in the 400s.  Then when she was talking to the ladies, she said a number in the 300s.  I think dramatizing/exaggerating things comes naturally to her.

Mark tells the guys that it happened, as well.  “Just one time and no repeat.”

poor Kenny didn’t even get the booby prize of pity sex.

At least, the guys are more desperate than the girls.  Nice reversal.

Except for Gia, who was clearly too young.  Thanks for the good times, Gia.  Not good enough for my folks, but we had fun.  Love, Damien

• Love 1

Mark needs to listen to his BFF.  Boy knows something ain't right.  Also "Physical connection", just say you had sex already.

I wish one of the women had said "I don't wanna wear white, got something in purple?"  I went to a wedding where the bride wore an aubergine colored dress and it was gorgeous!

Amber:  "we need to pay for this ourselves"  -- says the woman who has no job and is 20K in debt.

Also, there is a difference between having your back  and choosing between you and his family.

I just love Lauren.  I love how she manages to articulate her fears and anxieties and how she communicates it so openly with Cameron.  He is just so chill.  I like how he is all in and doesn't pressure her or argue with her but helps her try to tease out her anxieties.  I am rooting for these two so hard!

Gia and Damien are just exhausting. But I did like their conversation in the restaurant.

• Love 10
On 2/21/2020 at 3:30 AM, Chilly said:

Besides Jessica's cringe-fest conversation with Barnett, I'm reaaaaalllly struggling with Amber  feeling like it's okay to expect Barnett to completely support her financially.  Girl, be a stay at home mom, that's fine. But you don't have kids right now, so get your ass to work and help support the lifestyle you seem to feel entitled to. Once you start popping out babies, then have that conversation with your partner about staying home to raise them.

And what is she going to do all day? Barnett even said he doesn't know what she does all day. They don't have kids. If they live in his place, it's not big enough that it'll take all day to clean unless she's cleaning with a toothbrush, and you don't need to do that kind of deep cleaning every day anyway. So she's just going to sit around? Wouldn't that be boring? And she made a point of telling her mother she could take care of herself, but ... can she? (Also what is her job? She said she works "as many days as she wants," but doing what? She's listed an an ex-mechanic; what does she do now?)

(For that matter, what is Giannina's job? Is she an IG model?)

Also, all the wedding planning shit she's talking about, people do while they have jobs. Everyone else on the show has a job. And then the wedding is over and then what?

On 2/25/2020 at 10:25 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

He's 10 years younger but wayyy more mature than her so what is she so concerned with?

Jessica and Mark are interesting to me because when I was 24, I got into a situationship with a man who was 34. (It was one of those "we do everything couples do, including say I love you [which he said first], but he can't commit" situations.) He was less mature than I was in pretty much every way, but it took me a long time (way too long) to figure out because I was young and didn't have a ton of relationship experience. Mark is definitely a mature 24 - a lot of 24-year-old guys are like kids, and Mark definitely isn't. (Mark's friend is 29 and I thought he was 24 like Mark - he looks young to me.)

Whenever one of the Lacheys shows up I'm like "Oh, right. Y'all are the hosts." This has got to be the easiest money they've ever made.

I said "ooh, no" when Jessica came out in her first dress. The cut was all wrong.

Jessica's "What?! I'm mortified that anyone could think I want Barnett" was fucking ridiculous. Girl. He. Did. Not. Pick. You. It was embarrassing to watch.

They both seemed very set in their beliefs (conservative vs liberal is my guess). Damien interrupted her explanation by saying he admired her for sending money home, but that wasn't really the point. He's likely content with the current status quo, but she has a personal frame of reference for income inequalities, government corruption, immigration laws, etc.

Some couples are happy rubbing along with opposite political views, but it seems like just another spike in the road for these two.

Yeah, I could not date someone whose political views oppose mine, point blank period. It's listed as a deal-breaker in my dating profiles. I'm surprised they didn't talk about this in the pods. In the interview I read with Lauren and Cameron, they said they talked about political views early on.

I was shocked that Kelly and Kenny aren't fucking. Have they done more than kiss? Her reasoning was kind of bullshit; I think she's just not into him.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

And what is she going to do all day? Barnett even said he doesn't know what she does all day. They don't have kids. If they live in his place, it's not big enough that it'll take all day to clean unless she's cleaning with a toothbrush, and you don't need to do that kind of deep cleaning every day anyway. So she's just going to sit around? Wouldn't that be boring? And she made a point of telling her mother she could take care of herself, but ... can she? (Also what is her job? She said she works "as many days as she wants," but doing what? She's listed an an ex-mechanic; what does she do now?)

(For that matter, what is Giannina's job? Is she an IG model?)

Also, all the wedding planning shit she's talking about, people do while they have jobs. Everyone else on the show has a job. And then the wedding is over and then what?

I’m not sure if Amber has a day job now, but from her IG account it is apparent that she used to work at a Hooters type bar establishment before she went on the show. She had an accident that broke her foot and she was in a boot during filming of this show. Amber also stated on IG that she was in a workman’s comp legal dispute with her former employer at that time. 

Gigi is an Instagram “influencer”

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m not sure if Amber has a day job now, but from her IG account it is apparent that she used to work at a Hooters type bar establishment before she went on the show. She had an accident that broke her foot and she was in a boot during filming of this show. Amber also stated on IG that she was in a workman’s comp legal dispute with her former employer at that time. 

Gigi is an Instagram “influencer”

Got it. I guess someone thought “business owner” sounded better than “IG influencer. I didn’t notice a boot on Amber’s foot.

51 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Got it. I guess someone thought “business owner” sounded better than “IG influencer. I didn’t notice a boot on Amber’s foot.

They hid it on the show. She posted some behind the scenes photos where she was wearing it. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

They hid it on the show. She posted some behind the scenes photos where she was wearing it. 

Producer shenanigans on a reality show? Why, I never! 😉 Thank you for the info.

• Love 1

So confused with why nick and Vanessa were considered hosts of this show . They came on like twice in total and added absolutely nothing . 

My conspiracy is that they filmed more of them interacting with the contestants but they were so horrible/useless that it got cut from the final show.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 2/22/2020 at 4:55 AM, Irritable said:

The wedding packages from production most likely require them to use the same venue, the same decorations (including those fake rose petals these people are constantly throwing all over the floor), the same fake candles they have in their home spaces that they had to drag out for their special dates, the same metal wine goblets, and some faux fur throw blankets. Everything else is on them. 

I have to say, I did not understand from the beginning of this series that the actual wedding day - in fact, the actual wedding CEREMONY - was supposed to be the big moment when they decide if they want to get married or not.  It feels weird to me that even the officiant at GiGi and Damian's wedding said things like "We HOPE to celebrate a marriage today" and "IF they get married, blah blah love stuff".  I guess that's part of the rules, and why Lauren has been acting so mysterious about whether or not she is going to say "I do" at the altar. It feels gross.  I'm not sitting here hoping for runaway brides, I'm not drooling as I wait for all the drama to unfold.  I want happy people in love, that's one of the things I like about this show, that it feels real between most of them, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I watch it - UNLIKE THE BACHELOR SHOWS.  I can only assume that it's GiGi who runs away and falls down in the dirt in her beautiful dress because Damian changes his mind, and as much as I do think she's not ready to be a good partner until she gets her fiery, hair-trigger temper under control, I'm not going to enjoy seeing her get hurt like that. 

One of the big appeals for me is that most of the time the couples have real conversations, they discuss things like actual adults, and they use real words without inserting "like" a thousand times into every sentence. It's not very on-brand to suddenly make them sort of trick each other into wondering what is going to happen when it's time to exchange vows.  It feels like a cheap gimmick for a show that up until this point has had one of the most solid premises for finding love on reality television.  

This is the 8th episode.  You're talking about something from an episode that happened after this...clean you write "SPOILER" so people like me who like to read comments of the current episode are not spoiled. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 2/23/2020 at 12:46 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

She sure spends a lot of money on those over the knee boots and breast implants. 

Those boots were probably the only thing worse than head-to-toe black leather to wear to meet someone's parents. 

She comes across as someone who has been a dancer. 

Also, Amber has the same doe brown "please buy me" eyes as that scrappy 96 pound flyer cheerleader at East Navarro.

• Love 8

So confused with why Nick and Vanessa were considered hosts of this show. They came on like twice in total and added absolutely nothing.

Nick had a look on his face like "Hey I'm working again" and Vanessa looked like, "Look everyone he's still with me and I'm working too" and you are correct. 

• LOL 5

Those boots were probably the only thing worse than head-to-toe black leather to wear to meet someone's parents. 

Amber really is unable to read a room, no? Telling said family that their progeny farts on you left me absolutely cringing for her. I do think Barnett genuinely loves her ... good luck to them both, sincerely.  Maybe hold off procreating for a while? Get a handle on those loans first!

• Love 8

I think she was talking about the failures of Democratic Socialism and the ruins it has left her Venezuela in. 

• Love 6

Jessica. You and everyone else knows darn well you keep throwing yourself at Barnett. He was right on when he called her a good faker. I don't think he was buying what she was selling. Jesse contradicts herself constantly. 

I'm shocked at how much I've softened towards Barnett. He seems mature when it comes to work and finances. 

Amber. How about trying to look for a job instead of drinking all day? Her happiness seems way too dependent on Barnett. 

Damien and G are wayyyyy too opposite. Terrible match. 

• Love 5

Jessica was probably pretending it was Barnett she was banging when she was with Mark and would probably hang him on the side with no qualms. Mark has grown on me. I forgot he’s 24 because he seems pretty self-possessed and steadfast. He could do so much better than her. He’s going to be holding back her hair while she pukes up her alcohol binges for the rest of his life. 

Amber could make some money down at the local titty club.  Don’t cry poor when you spent money on implants and teeth, unless more likely a guy did. She’s a poser and Matt needs to run for the hills before she financially ruins him. 

• Love 6

Jessica’s indignation that Barnett thought she had regrets about him was hysterical. He was a gentleman for not calling her out after her overly vehement denials. Never thought about it once? Yeah, right. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Gia said to Damian that being on her phone and being on social media are two completely different things.

What the hell? If someone is trying to talk to you, and you pick up your phone, it doesn't matter exactly what you were using the phone for, its rude.

As to Amber's loans. You can get bank loans when you're a student, and spend the money however you want. It's a student loan, but not the same as what you get in a financial aid package. You can buy a car, clothes, or even fake boobs. But you have to pay the money back.

• Love 5
On 2/21/2020 at 11:55 AM, Irritable said:

Considering she came into this letting everyone know what a "badass" she is because she was in the army and is a tank mechanic who can shoot a gun, she sure is a wimp when it comes to regular daily life.  I think a badass is someone who works hard to pay their bills and doesn't expect help from everyone around them so that they can just float around like some kind of princess.  She's also pretty emotionally and psychologically fragile, for a badass. 

I agree.  But maybe she's been saying she is a "bad" "ass."

• Love 1
On 3/4/2020 at 9:33 AM, hokeypokeyFOIA said:

She comes across as someone who has been a dancer. 

Also, Amber has the same doe brown "please buy me" eyes as that scrappy 96 pound flyer cheerleader at East Navarro.

My money is on escort.  But I think there are some SOME escorts who start out as strippers and some, SOME strippers who will do a little hooking on the side. 

On 3/13/2020 at 12:11 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Amber could make some money down at the local titty club.  Don’t cry poor when you spent money on implants and teeth, unless more likely a guy did. She’s a poser and Matt needs to run for the hills before she financially ruins him. 

Amber saying that she "works whenever she wants" gives he escort/stripper vibes.   More escort vibes because even strippers have a schedule.  Unless she is working for Uber and I have my doubts. 

On 3/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, tinkerbell said:

As to Amber's loans. You can get bank loans when you're a student, and spend the money however you want. It's a student loan, but not the same as what you get in a financial aid package. You can buy a car, clothes, or even fake boobs. But you have to pay the money back.

But then that would just be normal private debt and if that's the case file bankruptcy and get that monkey off your back!  She clearly doesn't need credit if she only has a $700 Sephora card.  

• Love 3