Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Moving in Together

• Start Topic

Mark needs to just let this Jessica chick go. She's confusing and pushing him away and then brings him back in. Toying with the guy's feelings. He needs to grow up and smell the coffee, take a shot and let her go like now!!!

Gianini needs therapy. It seems that she has anger issues. 

Edited by latincoffee
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Irritable said:

GiGi is kinda mean. She’s very immature, and it has become clear why she was single.

The first couple episodes I thought she seemed kind of flighty and like she had no idea what was going on but then I was impressed by how open she was with Damian about getting him to open up.  It's pretty obvious now though that she wants to fight.  I don't fault her for the stuff she's been upset about but don't like the way she handles it.  Damian is starting to look broken.

• Love 11

Oh, good. The Lachey's are back. Why does Vanessa raise her eyebrows SO MUCH? Is that what she thinks acting is? Also, everything they said was meaningless nonsense. It sounded like they were saying stuff but they weren't really saying anything.

I guess it's smart for them to rent a complex for filming instead of following each couple to their homes. Fewer camera crews, less complicated logistics, etc.

I'm trying to not be mean but fluorescent lighting is not Jessica's friend. Her eyelids just have so much texture.

I'm starting to understand Mark a little better. To me, Jessica is negging him hard. But if he's used to his friends ragging on him in jest, he might not interpret her comments as passive-aggressive or truly critical.

How new is Cameron's house? It's pretty but it's barely decorated and everything looks brand new. That sequence felt like the most awkward Cameron and Lauren have been with each other. Even before they talked about her moving in, she felt very awkward as she walked around the house and I remembered, yeah, these two are still basically strangers. 

Barnett's house was a surprisingly nice starter home for a younger guy. I wonder what kind of engineer he is. It was a little messy but not a wreck and not the frat house I was picturing.

I feel bad for Amber. I feel like she's been through a lot and it keeps coming out in little drips. I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett cannot handle the emotional baggage but also the financial debt. Even for someone who truly loves you, money issues can be a lot to take on if you're not in a very comfortable financial situation. I don't put too much stock in body language but I think it's notable that they didn't show us any footage of Barnett comforting her or reassuring her either physically or verbally. 

Jessica had the most furnished, decorated, and generally adult looking house. There could be more art on the walls and more decor but it felt like a place that was really lived in. 

I just had to laugh at Jessica's math with their ages. I know there aren't that many episodes but I feel like some couples have their storylines and are sticking to them. For Lauren and Cameron it's interracial dating. For Jessica and Mark it's the age difference. It's getting a little tedious. 

LOL @ Mark telling Jessica she reminds him of his mom. DEAD. That's NOT what she wants to hear.

Poor Barnett, listening to Jessica rehash this AGAIN during his birthday party.

So... Giannina is going full reality show contestant. I know this girl. I know this girl from ANTM and Real Housewives and all the other shows where the participants know how to start drama out of nowhere to get camera time.

Jessica needs to stop drinking. This is getting sad. Like Taylor on RHBH sad. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Cameron continues to be too intense for me, but he’s so sweet and I love how much he loves Lauren.

I'm glad I'm not the only one picking up on the intensity. Damian keeps making fun of him so I assume he's just more reserved and used to bottling things up even though he feels his feelings intensely. That or he's a serial killer with bodies in the backyard.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, latincoffee said:

I love animals and all but I would not let my dog drink off of my drink while I'm sipping of it. 

Jennifer giving her dog some wine and sipping off of it to me was disgusting lol

It was also attempted murder since grapes are poisonous to dogs. I officially hate this flaky, desperate, old-looking bitch.

Cameron's house seemed like an airbnb that he rented for the purposes of the show. No one was living there. It was literally empty of belongings.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

And....annnnd, could Jessica have said "play this out" any more times? It's clearly her favorite phrase. But "let's play this out...." 

Mark can not be firing on all cylinders.  He's jammed squarely up her bum. Intense stares and awkward laughs. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Yes, Jessica, we're all very impressed that you can add in increments of ten. 

Aside from (again) drinking too much and throwing herself at Barnett, I softened a bit towards Jessica this episode. She does seem to have a fairly adult life aside from romance, and she ditched the baby voice.

I can't believe she and Matt didn't have those sorts of conversations before, though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I can't with Jessica & Gigi. They are the reason people say, "Bitches be crazy."

These girls are so petty and dramatic. Literally picking a fight over ANY LITTLE THING. THIS IS WHY YOU ARE SINGLE. 

• Love 12

Hold the phone! I just had to pause the episode, arrow back to see which epi # this is and come here to exclaim that Jessica let her dog drink wine out of her wine glass!!! And if that wasn’t bad enough, she proceeded to continue drinking out of it!!! What kind of monster?!?! You’re lucky Mark didn’t bolt on the spot. (Or maybe this was a part of her master plan to run him off?) Even Barnett wouldn’t approve of something like that, I bet!

Speaking of which, Barnett, you could have had a lady bringing in more than $100K and instead you got a...I’m guessing Hooters waitress that works a couple of days whenever she feels like it, and $20,000 student loan debt with no degree to show for it. Hope the sex is worth it! 

Jessica is really still working overtime to get Barnett to change his mind and marry her instead. He has NO interest!! Give it up, Jess! You’re desperate and your “fiancé” is right there! And Amber is going to pummel you! Mark thinks it’s confusing and doesn’t know what Jess wants? It’s pretty obvious she wants Barnett but she thinks this is her last chance to get married and start making babies before she hits 35, so unless she can steal Barnett away in the next two weeks, she might settle for you.

I just adore Cameron and Lauren together! I hope they fill that gorgeous house of Cam’s with beautiful babies and live happily ever after. I’m typically a “wrong reasons watcher” (aka, Bachelor franchise drama), but these two have just warmed my cold heart since day 1. 

Gigi and Damian have a major fight in front of everyone! Neither one of them even says let’s talk about this later? This is not a good sign!

does  anyone know whether they just happened to cast everyone from the same city?!? Everyone seems to live within “driving distance” and there doesn’t seem to be any major relocation obstacles.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

does  anyone know whether they just happened to cast everyone from the same city?!? Everyone seems to live within “driving distance” and there doesn’t seem to be any major relocation obstacles

Somebody did mention in an earlier thread that they were all intentionally selected from the Atlanta area, most likely for this very reason.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

I have so many problems with Jessica but I’m not sure why her mentioning wanting a prenup was such a shock to Mark.  She has considerable assets and a significantly higher salary than he does and she should protect herself. 

Why is Mark still even there? He’s been with this girl for a week and they're already fighting almost daily? Walk away, Mark.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Considering how Lauren feels about sharing a toothbrush with the man she has sex with, she probably needed to take a Silkwood shower after seeing Jessica share a glass of wine with her dog. Luckily, the dog is big enough and the amount of wine was small enough not to do any harm to him, but it was still just gross.

I'm actually curious as to what exactly goes on with Jessica's eyelids.  I'm 50 and mine aren't like hers at all yet, they are still smooth except for at the lash line, which has gotten a little crepe-paperish.  If she's really in her 30's, I don't understand what has caused all that … texture, as acadia so kindly put it earlier.  And if she is making so much money, is so incredibly insecure about her age, and is as vain as she clearly is, I have to wonder why she hasn't had a little cosmetic work done to pull them a little tighter.  I'm not a big proponent of elective cosmetic surgery, but in cases like hers, where it seems like an easy fix that isn't overly invasive, and would do SO MUCH to alleviate some of her insecurities about aging, it seems like a pretty simple solution.

• Love 7

I really need there to be a reunion show now! Because I need to see Barnett’s face when he realizes he picked the broke, homeless, slacker girl instead of the one who earns six figures and owns her own home.

if Barnett and Amber actually got married, the student loan people are going to garnish Barnett’s wages for payment. The student loan people don’t fool around. I’m kind of shocked about what they didn’t talk about in the pods if he was just learning that Amber has never graduated college and didn’t work.

Gigi is a Kate Upton look-alike, but she is CRAZY. I think Damien is really homely so I’m not sure what Gigi’s attraction is to him. I’m not feeling his personality at all.

• Love 7
On 2/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, Irritable said:

Watching Jessica is painful. She leaned so far away from Mark on the sofa while meeting his roommates, and leaned so embarrassingly close to Barnett during their agonizing “talk”, where she kept insisting they had a deep connection and how there are 48 hours in a day and she thought about him 46 of those hours, too drunk or dumb not to notice how much Barnett is not interested in her AT ALL. 

GiGi is kinda mean. She’s very immature, and it has become clear why she was single.

Cameron continues to be too intense for me, but he’s so sweet and I love how much he loves Lauren.

Amber tries too hard to have a big personality. Throwing her head back and laughing like a braying donkey comes off so fake. I’m surprised they hadn’t already talked about her financial flakiness well before this point.  

I liked seeing their real living situations, that was interesting. The age gap sure was evident in Jessica and Mark’s homes!

I can't stop laughing at the laughing like a braying donkey crack. That was killer.

I have a female co worker who does the same shit and it drives me nuts. I work in a warehouse for one of the biggest delivery companies in the world and I can sometimes hear her while the operation is in full motion. It's insane. And I know she's doing it for attention. She loves to be at the center of it. I really can't stand people like that.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, PityFree said:

I really need there to be a reunion show now! Because I need to see Barnett’s face when he realizes he picked the broke, homeless, slacker girl instead of the one who earns six figures and owns her own home.

if Barnett and Amber actually got married, the student loan people are going to garnish Barnett’s wages for payment. The student loan people don’t fool around. I’m kind of shocked about what they didn’t talk about in the pods if he was just learning that Amber has never graduated college and didn’t work.

Gigi is a Kate Upton look-alike, but she is CRAZY. I think Damien is really homely so I’m not sure what Gigi’s attraction is to him. I’m not feeling his personality at all.

The money thing is killer but Barnett dodged a bullet like the matrix with choosing Amber over Jessica he doesn't have to marry either of them and he gets to spend less time with Jessica and have sex with Amber. That's a win/win.

Edited by Racj82
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Did anyone else catch Barnett sort of wiping at his nose while pointedly looking at Mark - this was after he and Jessica were done talking and rejoined Jessica and Amber at the kitchen island.  I am actually questioning whether he was trying to signal to Mark that maybe alcohol wasn't the only substance Jessica had ingested that evening.  Or am I reaching?  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3

The money thing is killer but Barnett dodged a bullet like the matrix with choosing Amber over Jessica he doesn't have to marry either of them and he gets the spend less time with Jessica and have sex with Amber. That's a win/win.

Yeah, I'm operating under the theory that no one is in love and this is all for show so I'm thinking Barnett will not actually be taking on Amber's financial debt. Also, I think the assumption is that Jessica has been a sloppy drunk because she's drowning her obsession over Barnett. But I'm starting to think she's a high-functioning (like she can still do her job and everything) alcoholic who gets wasted every free night she gets. Yeah, dodged a bullet.

• Love 9
On 2/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, latincoffee said:

I love animals and all but I would not let my dog drink off of my drink while I'm sipping of it. 

Jennifer giving her dog some wine and sipping off of it to me was disgusting lol

I was very much taken aback by that.  Why would you give a dog alcohol?  Someone rescue that dog.

• Love 13
On 2/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, JTMacc99 said:

Somebody did mention in an earlier thread that they were all intentionally selected from the Atlanta area, most likely for this very reason.

So they're all from Atlanta, yet Jessica went mental over the fact that she and Mark had so much in common?  That seems pretty stupid now… 

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So they're all from Atlanta, yet Jessica went mental over the fact that she and Mark had so much in common?  That seems pretty stupid now… 

To be fair to Jessica (did i just write that phrase???😨) that was about finding out how much they each loved Chicago.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

For those of us worried about Jessica’s pup, here is a bit of an update. 

This was filmed in 2018 ? That’s a long time ago for the show just to have come out now . 

Jessica’s situation with her dog half explains why she was such a basket case on the show.  But still, girl. 

Also, I accidentally on purpose spoiled myself by over analyzing the houses shown on the show and the setting of the contestants Instagram pictures since filming wrapped. The comments are hilarious because everyone else is doing the same thing. 

• Love 2
On 2/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, aradia22 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one picking up on the intensity. Damian keeps making fun of him so I assume he's just more reserved and used to bottling things up even though he feels his feelings intensely. That or he's a serial killer with bodies in the backyard.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to get that vibe from Cameron!

On 2/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, ally862 said:

And I'm sorry but she clearly can't handle her alcohol and she's too old to be like a drunk college girl. 

I found it very interesting that Mark said he could forgive the things she said because she was drunk, and if she had said them sober, he would have left.  I'm specifically talking about when she commented to Mark about how hot Barnett is.  I actually feel it may be the other way around, where if she had said it sober, it could have been just to piss him off.  But saying it drunk was more like the truth slipping out.

• Love 12
On 2/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, ally862 said:

The first couple episodes I thought she seemed kind of flighty and like she had no idea what was going on but then I was impressed by how open she was with Damian about getting him to open up.  It's pretty obvious now though that she wants to fight.  I don't fault her for the stuff she's been upset about but don't like the way she handles it.  Damian is starting to look broken.

She does confuse me. In many ways she seems very sweet. In others, not so much. Perhaps she's just a Latino stereotype, but maybe there's more to it, like playing to the cameras. I think we'd have to see more footage of her that didn't make air to know. Has she been playing dramatic the whole time and we just didn't get to see it? 

I suppose there's a flip side to this. She's clearly pretty sexually adventurous, so even if she's messing with the guy's head, he's enjoying that part. Even the "not the best sex of my life" was almost treated as a dare by her, which face it.. could either be the best or worst part of it for that dude. 

• Love 1
On 2/24/2020 at 3:08 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

Jessica’s situation with her dog half explains why she was such a basket case on the show. 

Half, sure. But the other half was off the chain too. 

Now we need an explanation of Mark's Mommy issues, desperation, total ridiculous passivity, and inability to read ALL signals from women. 

• Love 8

Don’t like Amber at all. I don’t need anyone to take care of me, I can take care of him and that’s what I have with Barnett.  Next segment I want him to take care of me I want to be stay at home mom.  Her mugging and posing is really bugging me ( and I’m a face maker ) 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I feel like a broken record, but watching Jessica thirst after Barnett just makes me sooo uncomfortable for everyone involved. I do feel bad for her in some ways because she seems lonely.  I wonder if she works for a tech consulting company?  I did for awhile.  You make crazy bank but when I did that sort of work,  I was travelling two days a week and on site three days.  So you aren't home a lot if you are on open case with a client.  Her house was cute as hell, very coastal feel.

My opinion of Barnett has changed. For someone who I thought was a total playa he seems really steadfast about Amber.  It could just be that he doubles down in the face of Jessica's inappropriateness, but he does seem to be committed.  Amber, otoh,  makes me want to yell "run, Forest, run" to Barnett.  She just seems like she's latched onto a security blanket.  She has him in her clutches and she isn't letting go.  If they don't marry it is gonna be Barnett who backs out. 

Listening to Mark & Jessica and then Amber talking finances, I wonder if this is the first time this has really come up?  I would NOT hitch myself to Amber with her bad money management and her "I don't live to work, I work to live."  Bitch, Please. If you homeless and broke, that plan doesn't seem to be working out to well does it?

I am perversely happy that Lauren seems to be getting a little freaked out now.  It is a rational reaction to being back home and having the reality of what it means to be married to and merge personal lives with someone you met only two weeks ago.  It just solidifies that I think she is pretty mature about the whole thing.  Also, I enjoy her talking heads.  Cameron... that boy is just sprung!  His house is cute.  I thought they showed was the 'empty' room he was talking about.  We didn't see much of the rest of the house. 

I... have no idea what that argument between Giannina and Damien was even about.  And Damien just look like he was been hewn out of rock.  Dude has one facial expression.  Fills out a pair of jeans real nice tho.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 2/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, JTMacc99 said:

I would probably walk away from a relationship with [Jessica], as her life experiences have her set up as somebody who just expects things to fail, for men to be unkind, and she is going to pretty much shoot down anything that feels too good to be true.

And on that note, Mark's life experiences are insufficient to recognize that's what's going on and walk away.

What a mess. Heh. None of that baloney about her being 60 when he's 50 meant anything. That was just her coming up with reasons to not get to close to him because she is afraid she'll get hurt. Like always.

I thought it was really telling that Jessica said she'd never experienced anyone being emotionally available and the fact that Mark IS emotionally available is a red flag. She's been picking the wrong men.

Age gaps get smaller as you get older. 34 and 24 is big; 60 and 50 is not. I had a boss whose grandmother was 100 and her (third) husband was 85; they met in the nursing home. Also, when she was talking about "what if I want to move and you said you want to take care of your parents ..." girl, that is decades down the line. You'll cross that bridge when you get to it. Maybe his parents won't need to be taken care of (and yours might, and then what?) Maybe his sister will take them in. Maybe you'll move them WITH you, to wherever you want to live. That was 100% her looking for excuses not to be with him.

No issues with her wanting a prenup though. I'm pro prenup, and it makes sense for her.

Her throwing herself at Barnett was so fucking embarrassing. "I'M NAKED IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW ALL THE TIME." Dude. Also she's way too old to get that sloppy drunk.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:37 PM, DearEvette said:

I would NOT hitch myself to Amber with her bad money management and her "I don't live to work, I work to live."  Bitch, Please. If you homeless and broke, that plan doesn't seem to be working out to well does it?

... Yeah. If Amber hasn't been paying her student loan debt at all, it's probably way bigger than $20K by now. And they WILL get their money, so somebody's wages are getting garnished. I actually wouldn't balk at $20K in student loan debt (nearly everyone I know has or has had student loan debt, myself included) if she were paying it. $20K is an amount that could be paid off in a few years for people with two incomes, no kids, and a little discipline. But it's her laissez-faire attitude about it that bothers me. "Work to live" is a healthy attitude BUT you still have to meet your basic living expenses. I'm not wired in a way that would allow me to "enjoy my life," as she puts it, if I knew my bills were racking up unpaid or that I didn't have a home. I've been laid off and gone through times when my finances were tight and I wasn't enjoying anything because I was so worried about keeping my financial affairs in order. She wants to be a SAHM ... so she just expects Barnett to pay off her debt?

(I could easily spend $200 on makeup though. I would not, if I didn't have the $200, but it's very easy to do.)

On 2/23/2020 at 2:03 PM, call me ishmael said:

To be fair to Jessica (did i just write that phrase???😨) that was about finding out how much they each loved Chicago.

I thought they were both from the Chicago area originally? 

I laughed a lot at Lauren and the toothbrush. I had this conversation with an ex, except he had already used my toothbrush. We were at my place, it was the morning, he was in the bathroom, he got back in bed and kissed me, and I could tell he'd brushed his teeth. I asked if he used my toothbrush and he said yes. I was like "EW!" He was like, we have sex. I was like, I know, but ew!

I would move into Cameron's house today. Lauren hit the jackpot. I do think it's realistic for someone who has been single for a while to have concerns about sharing a space (I have the same concerns) and I also think it's realistic for her to be "freaking the fuck out," as she said. It shows she's not taking this lightly.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8

About Amber's student loan debt: It could still just be the original 20k.  Depending on the terms of the loan, sometimes student debt doesn't start accruing interest (or need to be paid) until you have graduated.  Since she hasn't finished school, then she may have filled out paperwork claiming that she is planning to go back and the lender has given her a grace period to go back to school.  I took a leave of absence for 3 years and my loans just sat without accruing any interest.  I didn't have to start paying them until I graduated.  Of course, I don't know if that is typical or just lucky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The forcing couples together after the pod dating is like a Bachelor in Paradise thing. People are fake engaged. Let them get on with fake living together before the fake maybe marriages in xx days. 

Was anyone else surprised that Jessica owns the world’s largest wine glasses? 

Barnett seems happy he dodged that overly drunk overly frosted eyed bullet. 

This show must have spent more on alcohol than apartment budgets. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 9:37 PM, DearEvette said:

I... have no idea what that argument between Giannina and Damien was even about. 

Him making an offhand remark to Lauren, who doesn't like him... G, let him deal with it.  For me the most shocking was when she actually called Damien a M_F_R.  I've been married for a long time, and no way that kind of expression would ever be said by either of us. He should have walked away right there, I sure would have. I'm with someone with a Latin/Mediterranean temperament, and that's no excuse for just nastiness. NONE!

• Love 7

For me the most shocking was when she actually called Damien a M_F_R. 

I'm telling you guys, she's like that housewife who has prepared insults and jokes knowing there's going to be a fight and she will yell them out whether or not they make sense. I'm hazy but I think she said "listen to me" before the expletive. That's vague enough to work in most fights but at that point I don't think Damian was really talking over her or ignoring what she was saying.

Giannina does not realize that the best moments on reality TV are unplanned. The unintentional humor that comes from people being messy is more memorable than trying to score points. Though I will give her a point for what she says in the next episode. Even her stilted delivery and obviousness couldn't kill how breathtakingly mean that call out was. She knows this will live on Netflix forever. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, aradia22 said:

On 2/26/2020 at 10:08 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to get that vibe from Cameron!

I found it very interesting that Mark said he could forgive the things she said because she was drunk, and if she had said them sober, he would have left.  I'm specifically talking about when she commented to Mark about how hot Barnett is.  I actually feel it may be the other way around, where if she had said it sober, it could have been just to piss him off.  But saying it drunk was more like the truth slipping out.

LMAO! My husband is convinced that Cameron is going to snap. He also thinks he gives off serial killer vibes.

I disagree that Jessica is too old to get sloppy drunk.  I am 40 and I still get sloppy drunk. I am happily married and childfree. My husband and I still enjoy getting wasted and partying once or twice a week. I don't think any of us would have an issue with her age if she didn't bring it up every 5 minutes, and if she wasn't using it as an excuse to create conflict between herself and Matt.    I do agree that Jessica is fucking cringe, but her antics are part of what is making the show so addicting to watch, not gonna lie.  That bit with her dog drinking the wine....that's a meme now.

Edited by Zima
  • Love 3
On 2/22/2020 at 2:34 PM, mfun21 said:

Did anyone else catch Barnett sort of wiping at his nose while pointedly looking at Mark - this was after he and Jessica were done talking and rejoined Jessica and Amber at the kitchen island.  I am actually questioning whether he was trying to signal to Mark that maybe alcohol wasn't the only substance Jessica had ingested that evening.  Or am I reaching?  

Just watched this episode... Barnett did the nose thing twice while looking directly at Mark.  Definitely a signal...

• Love 1

On 2/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, Irritable said:

Watching Jessica is painful. She leaned so far away from Mark on the sofa while meeting his roommates, and leaned so embarrassingly close to Barnett during their agonizing “talk”, where she kept insisting they had a deep connection and how there are 48 hours in a day and she thought about him 46 of those hours, too drunk or dumb not to notice how much Barnett is not interested in her AT ALL. 

Amber tries too hard to have a big personality. Throwing her head back and laughing like a braying donkey comes off so fake. I’m surprised they hadn’t already talked about her financial flakiness well before this point.  

I liked seeing their real living situations, that was interesting. The age gap sure was evident in Jessica and Mark’s homes!

That whole scene with Jessica and Barnett was positively cringetastic. He was rigid with embarrassment but trying so hard to keep it polite, as Jessica was drunkenly throwing herself at him. Her "fiancé" is 10 feet away and she's maundering on about how she and Barnett had this "amazing connection" and she "adores him"! Lawd. She's going to call him all the time and like all his IG posts and tell everyone that they are such buddies! Yikes. I'm yelling at the screen. Jessica! Seek help! 

Amber. That snort. Eep. And seriously, maybe LC should have been the girl for him. On the one hand, Amber--broke, homeless, barely employed, and in debt. Jessica--drunk, sloppy, an emotional dumpster fire, but at least she has a job. 

• Love 5
On 2/27/2020 at 6:37 PM, DearEvette said:

I... have no idea what that argument between Giannina and Damien was even about.  And Damien just look like he was been hewn out of rock.  Dude has one facial expression.  Fills out a pair of jeans real nice tho.

You just summed up everything I think about Damien. Nice ass, dead eyes. Waaaay too intense. Even more than Cameron, I think. I think GG was pissed that he was being rude to Lauren and making everyone uncomfortable. They fought like reality tv people though. Both talking over each other, not getting to the root of the problem, words escalating to insults, someone walking off. And scene! No way these two are getting married.

When they were in the pods, I was sure that both Mark and Jessica said they were from Chicago, and Cameron said he was from Maine. Now they are all from Atlanta? I’m confused......

The more we find out about Amber, the more she seems like a mess. A trashy, debt riddled, hard life mess. I would feel sorry for her if she wasn’t so unlikeable.

I have second hand embarrassment for Jessica. She is too old for this nonsense. Getting sloppy drunk every scene is pathetic.  But I don’t blame her for calling Mark’s openness a red flag. I would think so too. His willingness to just go along with everything she says and downplay every concern makes him look desperate and naive. It really does highlight their age difference. 

Rooting soooo hard for Cameron and Lauren. Still adorable. What is she thinking wanting to keep her apartment when he has that awesome house??? It’s like Gregg and Deonna from MAFS - girl, look at those balconies and hardwood floors! He’s a keeper!!! 😂

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

When they were in the pods, I was sure that both Mark and Jessica said they were from Chicago, and Cameron said he was from Maine. Now they are all from Atlanta? I’m confused......

I think in this case "from" means "grew up in." 

Spoiler

In the reunion, Lauren says that she's visited Cameron's family in Maine several times and Jessica says she went home to Chicago for six months. They all live in Atlanta now as adults, but some of them grew up elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

It’s like Gregg and Deonna from MAFS - girl, look at those balconies and hardwood floors! He’s a keeper!!! 😂

Deonna's excitement about Greg's double ovens was one of my favorite moments of that season, and I'd have been the same way. I would have been mapping out meals the second I saw that kitchen.

Actually, come to think of it, Greg and Cameron are a lot alike. Both in analytical professions, both wanting commitment (I think Greg had an ex-fiance), both on the quieter side (one of the other MAFS husbands said that Greg was the kind of person that didn't say much but what he did say was always insightful), both with nice homes bought with the intention of filling with family.

Edited by Empress1
added stuff about Greg and Cameron
  • Love 5
(edited)

🤦🤦🤦 Ugh second hand embarrassment the whole party. Esp when she tried to do the legs wrapped around his waist hug with Mark and made it about half way. 

I think all these scenarios/potential issues she keeps coming up with like, what happens when I want to move to another state and you're parents need taking care of, is her way of trying to get Mark to start thinking, you know what? She's right, and dump her because she doesn't have the guts to do it and this way she can play the victim. 

I understand her fear of the biological clock but, women in their 40's have kids, you can freeze your eggs, you can adopt or foster, artificial insemination... you don't have to get married in 20 days and conceive on your wedding night (if she can stomach it). 

Is it just me or was there a severe overreaction to what Damien said to Lauren? She said something like, I'm having a hard time giving up my personal space since I've been alone a long time. And he said something like, I can see that. I took it to mean, I totally get what you're saying because I feel the same, but I think how she and GG took it was, you fat and ugly so yah no wonder you've been alone so long. 

(I don't think she's fat or ugly). 

Also severe overreaction to Mark saying GG is a close second (because Jessica's first in his eyes).... Why did that offend Jessica so much?!

Oh Barnett. Maybe you should have gone with KC or JC or whatever her name was. 

The Lachey's at the beginning, made it sound like they all have to make it to the wedding which at that point they decide to go through with the I do's or not. This makes me think that even if the relationship(s) are not working, they need to stick it out until the end. This has me thinking Carlton and Diamond probably were supposed to try and work things out or at least pretend to until the end. She probably told the producers she was scared he'd get violent with her. He had a hot temper and was already resorting to throwing things and calling her a bitch. I wouldn't put it past him to hit a woman.

Edited by Samwise979
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Oh Barnett. Maybe you should have gone with KC or JC or whatever her name was. 

Her name was LC......and I don't know. I don't think Barnett seriously went into this with the intention of getting married, so maybe just hanging with the oversexed hot girl was the right call.......plus, I am sure the producers are jumping for joy over the awkward situations between Barnett, Amber and Jessica. I don't think this would happen if he had picked LC.......

• Love 2