Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: A Brand New Six Pack: Group B Kickoff!

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Well, Dionne Warwick is the only one I'm fairly sure on (I guessed it during the song, even before the panel guessed).  She's that size too. 

Dionne is also 79 years old.  Mouse appeared pretty frail.

• Love 6

I’m torn between being relieved that this group is enjoyable to watch and pissed off that the groups are so unbalanced. It makes me think the groups are based on availability because who in their right mind would pick Group A over Group B for the super bowl aftershow. 
The clues were also much better. 

16 hours ago, Kromm said:

Well, Dionne Warwick is the only one I'm fairly sure on (I guessed it during the song, even before the panel guessed).  She's that size too. 

Absolutely. Her voice is so distinctive. It reminded me a lot of her part in “That’s What Friends Are For.” 

Also if you subscribe to the theory that eliminations are predetermined it explains why Chaka Khan went home so early. 

Edited by Guest

The Bow Wow guess for Frog seems pretty on point. Kitty could be a lot of people (Nicole Richie, Vanessa Hudgens, etc) but I like her voice a lot. Banana may be another sports star since the voice doesn’t sound professional? I don’t know why I love this stupid show but here I am.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, WescottF1 said:

Having seen Poison live many times over the years, between the voice and the stage moves, I'm 99% certain Banana is Bret Michaels aka "Bandana Bert" from the TWOP Rock of Love days.

I have a friend who is a mega Bret Michaels fan and she is 100% convinced he is the Banana.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought the same thing about Bandana = Bret (aka Bert 😂).  Like that dumbass white tiger/Gronk, I could immediately tell who it was by the way he was moving.  Of course, I am usually wrong with my guesses, so who the hell knows.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Dani said:

I’m torn between being relived that this group is enjoyable to watch and pissed off that the groups are so unbalanced. It makes me think the groups are based on availability because who in their right mind would pick Group A over Group B for the super bowl aftershow. 
The clues were also much better. 

Absolutely. Her voice is so distinctive. It reminded me a lot of her part in “That’s What Friends Are For.” 

Also if you subscribe to the theory that eliminations are predetermined it explains why Chaka Khan went home so early. 

My thoughts exactly.  Group A was mostly terrible and who would have picked that group to appear after the Super Bowl when they want to have new fans. 

I'm terrible when it comes to clues.  I just know voices, e.g. Gladys, Patti, Chaka, Chris D., etc.  Sounds like Dione W, to me.

• Love 2

I believe that it is Dionne Warwick as well, however... Is that too easy?  Her voice is so distinct, I don't know how it wouldn't be recognizable. Having Dionne on is like a freebee to viewers. 

It's the only reason I like the Maya Rudolph theory.  I think it wouldn't be that much of a coincidence having Maya and Martin Short competing in the same season.  I think Martin may be the taco.  Bob Saget is kind of tall, isn't he? it's good guess, but the taco didn't seem particularly tall.  The way Taco talked during the clue package, made me think he is Martin Short. 

I'm not going to disagree with any Bret Michaels fans.  I thought Bret was heavier than the banana appears, but I haven't seen him in a while either.  The clues did seem to point to the Rock of Love series.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Jillybean said:

I have a friend who is a mega Bret Michaels fan and she is 100% convinced he is the Banana.

I'll buy it because of the dance moves during his performance. I don't think that song was a great showcase for his voice, though. Hopefully, he'll sing something with a more rock-n-roll vibe next week. There might have been a clue in Banana saying that his daughter (Bret has two of them) gave him a banana before a workout. Like Bret, I am a Type 1 diabetic and bananas are one of my go-to snacks before I exercise because they give a little sugar boost and have potassium, which is all helpful to keep my blood sugar from taking a dive while working out. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, roughing it said:

Dionne Warwick is not only a huge singer from the 60s and 70s, she's also Whitney Houston's aunt.

Whitney was her cousin. Dionne’s mother was Cissy Houston’s older sister. 

Dionne Warwick as the Mouse also fits the clues about "gold" and 1979 (she hosted a show called "Solid Gold" around then.)  Those clues could also fit other people, though, and IIRC, Dionne Warwick is a little taller...but it sounded like her.

• Love 4

Mouse is 100% Dionne Warwick
Taco is Tim Allen
After reading comments and rewatching banana's clues and performance, I am convinced Banana is Bret Michaels.
Frog - Could MC Hammer have sung his own song?
Missing someone.

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, crimson23 said:

My vote for the Kitty is Mae Whitman from Parenthood and Good Girls.   It just sounds like her to me. She has sung on Parenthood. 

I know everyone commented on how tiny Mouse was, but didn't they do the same for Kitty? I know Mae Whitman is short, but she's not exactly petite in terms of body size. (Not trying to come off as mean here; I think she's a gorgeous woman, but wasn't Kitty pretty tiny? I thought she was the one where Jenny commented about the thinness of her legs, but maybe I'm wrong and that was Mouse?)

The clues for the Taco couldn't have been more obvious to me, to the point where I'm wondering if they were intentionally misleading to throw you off. I mean- "To enchilada and beyond!" Saying he wants to be the "last mask standing"? Not to mention there was an ACTUAL AD for Last Man Standing on screen right after his performance. I don't see how it can be anyone BUT Tim Allen.

Similarly, the "my daughter gave me a 'sign'" gave away that it's Bill Engvall. 

• Love 4

Coming to add to the Mouse is Dionne Warwick chorus.  She sounded a little frail at points but so does Dionne, when she hit those notes though, that could only be Dionne. She has a distinctive voice much like Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle. And to be 79, she sounded great.

Could the Kitty be a gymnast, like Gabby Douglas, not sure she can sing?

Nice start to Group B

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I know everyone commented on how tiny Mouse was, but didn't they do the same for Kitty? I know Mae Whitman is short, but she's not exactly petite in terms of body size. (Not trying to come off as mean here; I think she's a gorgeous woman, but wasn't Kitty pretty tiny? I thought she was the one where Jenny commented about the thinness of her legs, but maybe I'm wrong and that was Mouse?)

I thought that about Mae too, but in recent pics, she looks thinner.

Anyone else think that the Kitty could be Sarah Hyland? The way she moved in the clue video made me think of Sarah. She can sing and is tiny. Plus she’s engaged to a former Bachelor contestant which would explain the smashed rose. Sarah and Mae are my top 2 for the Kitty right now but there are a lot of possibilities. 

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was thinking Bob Saget.  He was the first host of America's Funniest Videos.   He was also on Full House.  Full House takes place in San Francisco.

Me too but Saget is taller than Nick.

Edited by Guest

I was surprised that the judges immediately jumped to San Francisco for the trolley clue for Taco. That didn’t look like the San Fran Trolleys. I think it was the trolley from Mister Rogers Neighborhood. Tom Bergeron recorded a song for a Mister Rogers tribute album a few months ago. Looking at his IMDb page reminded me that he used to host Hollywood Squares which looked a lot like one side of a Rubik’s cube. 

17 hours ago, WescottF1 said:

Having seen Poison live many times over the years, between the voice and the stage moves, I'm 99% certain Banana is Bret Michaels aka "Bandana Bert" from the TWOP Rock of Love days.

The hat made me think of him. If it’s him the pufferfish is probably a reference to Poison. 

Edited by Guest
14 hours ago, ZootSuitWyatt said:

Bret Michaels also had a line of "rock'n'roll pet products" (why do I remember this), which is what the collar made me think of.

I had forgotten about that.  I thought it was a nod to his working class upbringing in Mechanicsburg, PA.

• Love 3

I'm with the poster above who asked if MC Hammer came on to sing his own song.  That's what I was thinking, except I could actually hear all the words, so whoever this is ennunciates better than MC Hammer. 😅

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Dani said:

I was surprised that the judges immediately jumped to San Francisco for the trolley clue for Taco. That didn’t look like the San Fran Trolleys. I think it was the trolley from Mister Rogers Neighborhood. Tom Bergeron recorded a song for a Mister Rogers tribute album a few months ago. Looking at his IMDb page reminded me that he used to host Hollywood Squares which looked a lot like one side of a Rubik’s cube. 

The hat made me think of him. If it’s him the pufferfish is probably a reference to Poison. 

There were posters on YouTube that jumped on the trolley clue for Mr. Rogers too, except they think it means Taco is Tom Hanks! LOL

I was doing housework while watching this episode, so I wasn't in front of the TV.  I re-watched some of the performances on YouTube, and I agree that Banana is Bret Michaels.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, meggonzo said:

There were posters on YouTube that jumped on the trolley clue for Mr. Rogers too, except they think it means Taco is Tom Hanks! LOL

This could still work for Tim Allen, since he starred with Hanks in "Toy Story". 

14 hours ago, Dani said:

Ooh, I like that. I was leaning towards Bergeron but couldn't fit the trolley. 

• Love 2
On 2/21/2020 at 11:22 AM, Badger said:

Could Frog be one of the guys from Kriss Kross?  There was a reference to "Jump" which was their big hit

There were also references to being a child star (which they were) and the 1996 Olympics (they're from Atlanta). It's definitely plausible that it's whichever one of them is still alive.

Taco is Bergeron. Sometimes it's easier to follow the voice than the clues, and... it's his voice. The clues for Tim Allen are so obvious they have to be decoys, like how a bunch of Tree's clues last year kept implying it was Elvira for no reason.

• Love 1

My 8yo daughter said, "That's Dionne Warwick" without watching any of the clues. 

She also said, "Can you imagine signing on to do this show and walking into the first day thinking, 'I wonder what my costume will be? A peacock? A lion? A beautiful butterfly?' and they hand you a taco?" We giggled over that all night. 

Count me in on the banana being Bret Michaels. The clues for taco sound like Tim Allen but that voice sounded just like Tom Bergeron. We may be taking the trolley too literally. 

• Love 2

I was surprised that the judges immediately jumped to San Francisco for the trolley clue for Taco. That didn’t look like the San Fran Trolleys. I think it was the trolley from Mister Rogers Neighborhood. Tom Bergeron recorded a song for a Mister Rogers tribute album a few months ago. Looking at his IMDb page reminded me that he used to host Hollywood Squareswhich looked a lot like one side of a Rubik’s cube. 

The hat made me think of him. If it’s him the pufferfish is probably a reference to Poison. 

Taco said he was in “a good place”  so I think the trolley was the trolley from the Good Place and it’s Ted Danson. I think ted Danson might be too tall though.

• Useful 2