Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa and Usman: No Glove, All Love

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I had to laugh out loud at Lisa: "Look, the only reason people think we want to get married is either I am pregnant or you want a green card."  Lisa, friend, you are 53 - please stop with this pregnancy stuff. 

Gah! The pregnancy stuff drives me crazy with these old ladies. I am also 53 so I feel like I can call them old ladies. There is no way Lisa would get pregnant. Between her age, her smoking, her diet, her extra weight - enough already! That thought doesn't cross anyone's minds. She is 53 going on 73 in terms of health and looks. 

Not for nothing, people tell me I look to be mid 40's. I don't know if they are just being nice or what. But what I can tell you is that no way in hell do I look as old as Lisa, Laura, or Angela. Let's hear it for not smoking, not eating junk food 24/7, not frying my hair, and for definitely using sunscreen and moisturizer! 

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Gah! The pregnancy stuff drives me crazy with these old ladies. I am also 53 so I feel like I can call them old ladies. There is no way Lisa would get pregnant. Between her age, her smoking, her diet, her extra weight - enough already! That thought doesn't cross anyone's minds. She is 53 going on 73 in terms of health and looks. 

Not for nothing, people tell me I look to be mid 40's. I don't know if they are just being nice or what. But what I can tell you is that no way in hell do I look as old as Lisa, Laura, or Angela. Let's hear it for not smoking, not eating junk food 24/7, not frying my hair, and for definitely using sunscreen and moisturizer! 

I am 55, never a smoker, never fried my hair either and even if I could get pregnant....yeah no.  Zero interest in having a kid graduate high school when I am 74!  (By the time baby is born I would be 56!)  I can just imagine her as a mom - barking orders here and there.  It AIN'T happening, baby luv!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I know this has been discussed, but I don't get Lisa at all (besides the fact she's a completely vile human being). Before she went to Nigeria, she was going on and on about how she was engaged to this famous rapper, now she's in Nigeria and she's putting him down regarding his career. He's her soulmate, but now she has 50 guys ready to marry her back home. Seriously, what does she want out of this. Did she think he'd be easy to control? The way she talked about him before the trip v. on the trip. The way she sees herself -like she is the ultimate prize. Ugh she makes my head spin. 

Not to mention her very manner of speaking drives me insane. 

I will never for the life of my figure out why Usman took the bait and how either of them decided they were in love. They have absolutely nothing in common. Not. One. Thing. 

Why I spend any amount of brain power contemplating any of this is the what boggles my mind the most. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, mamadrama said:

This is super petty but I HATE the way she smugly purses her lips and raises her eyebrows to make a point. She mostly does it in her talking heads. 

My super petty is when she points her finger in usmans face.  I'm not a violent person by nature, but I kinda hope that she does that to the wrong person one day and gets her finger snapped.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

I know this has been discussed, but I don't get Lisa at all (besides the fact she's a completely vile human being). Before she went to Nigeria, she was going on and on about how she was engaged to this famous rapper, now she's in Nigeria and she's putting him down regarding his career. He's her soulmate, but now she has 50 guys ready to marry her back home. Seriously, what does she want out of this. Did she think he'd be easy to control? The way she talked about him before the trip v. on the trip. The way she sees herself -like she is the ultimate prize. Ugh she makes my head spin. 

Not to mention her very manner of speaking drives me insane. 

I will never for the life of my figure out why Usman took the bait and how either of them decided they were in love. They have absolutely nothing in common. Not. One. Thing. 

Why I spend any amount of brain power contemplating any of this is the what boggles my mind the most. 

The way she behaves convinces me that she knows that her only appeal is a green card.  She doesn't think Usman loves her, she doesn't love him either.  She went to Nigeria to get a man she can control with a green card.  She knows he is desperate to get into the US.  

She basically wants an indentured servant who will have to go down on her and he wants a green card.  She knows that he is desperate for the green card so she can be just as abusive as she'd like.  

His mother was right to deny them the marriage and she should have stuck to her guns.  Bring back the cloak of no!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I'm still convinced that Usman contacted her and probably others online ("hey, pretty lady") and convinced her that he was a big time rapper in Nigeria who wanted to come to America.  In order to do so, he wanted to marry her because I read somewhere earlier that HE was the one who pushed for the marriage. Meanwhile, Lisa got the idea that applying for this show would be a great way of getting a trip to Nigeria, getting married there and being on TV knowing that Sharp loves preposterous pairings, the more drama the better. Since Angela got a lot of airtime, Lisa figures if she's even more outrageous she'll be a shoo-in for another season, possible guest appearances and endorsements and various spin-offs. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Lisa figures if she's even more outrageous she'll be a shoo-in for another season, possible guest appearances and endorsements and various spin-offs. 

endorsements?  for what, the before picture for any kind of product?

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I'm still convinced that Usman contacted her and probably others online ("hey, pretty lady") and convinced her that he was a big time rapper in Nigeria who wanted to come to America.  In order to do so, he wanted to marry her because I read somewhere earlier that HE was the one who pushed for the marriage. Meanwhile, Lisa got the idea that applying for this show would be a great way of getting a trip to Nigeria, getting married there and being on TV knowing that Sharp loves preposterous pairings, the more drama the better. Since Angela got a lot of airtime, Lisa figures if she's even more outrageous she'll be a shoo-in for another season, possible guest appearances and endorsements and various spin-offs. 

I think most of your post is right on the money.  I think Usman wants to come to America. When he talks about marrying Lisa, his "love" for her has come up like twice. 

The opportunities in America has come up like every. single. time.  He cannot even pretend that he loves Lisa. 

He loves the opportunity of America, and he is clearly willing to put up with a lot to get here.  And much like the women on this show, I feel like he has to love this country a lot to be willing to put up with Lisa. 

I think he'd be a model citizen.  He probably isn't going to be the next Tupac or notorious BIG, but he could become popular in a smaller ex-pat community.  

There are a number of artists from our country who make a decent side income doing weekend shows in small venues and putting out some of the most amateur looking CDs you can imagine.  They aren't big stars, but they can do what they love and drive Uber during the week.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

endorsements?  for what, the before picture for any kind of product?

Hey, if Lana is real and Danielle can get an endorsement then anything is possible. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Okay I am seven hours into the Tell All leak and BGL recently had her toe amputated because she stubbed it on a patient’s bed???

So, if her toe was injured before the trip, she put her feet into that toilet tonight! I would imagine it’s not that sanitary. Just saying.......

• Love 5
On 5/23/2020 at 12:15 PM, magemaud said:

So maybe Usman's a little bit of a Yahoo boy but I don't think Lisa was exaggerating any behavior or acting in any way. I think she truly is that terrible of a person. She thinks she's a Hausa chameleon, blending in to Usman's culture because she's wearing a head covering and she's "prayed" with his mother. I hope she goes away on the TLC franchise but I'm sure she'll  continue to be all over soshul meedja. You know it's bad when you think Angela is nice compared to her. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, kendi said:

So maybe Usman's a little bit of a Yahoo boy but I don't think Lisa was exaggerating any behavior or acting in any way. I think she truly is that terrible of a person. She thinks she's a Hausa chameleon, blending in to Usman's culture because she's wearing a head covering and she's "prayed" with his mother. I hope she goes away on the TLC franchise but I'm sure she'll  continue to be all over soshul meedja. You know it's bad when you think Angela is nice compared to her. 

I think the head covering is supposed to cover the hair and half of hers was showing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think the head covering is supposed to cover the hair and half of hers was showing.

She does everything by halves - just the minimum to get by. Looks like she just bought an extra large scarf and refused to buy an actual traditional Hausa head covering. Probably so she can easily dispense of it as soon as no longer with his family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, renatae said:

She does everything by halves - just the minimum to get by. Looks like she just bought an extra large scarf and refused to buy an actual traditional Hausa head covering. Probably so she can easily dispense of it as soon as no longer with his family.

Half the time it rotates down to cover her shoulders.  

I wonder if she has diabetes, because a toe amputation seems extreme unless she smashed it under a patient's bed. But she also sounds like a smoker and that could have effected her circulation.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I wonder if she has diabetes, because a toe amputation seems extreme unless she smashed it under a patient's bed. But she also sounds like a smoker and that could have effected her circulation.  

I read somewhere that it was due to an injury, and she did not get medical attention for it and it became gangrenous.  The smoking is a valid point of possible compromise of her circulation.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I read somewhere that it was due to an injury, and she did not get medical attention for it and it became gangrenous.  The smoking is a valid point of possible compromise of her circulation.

That is disgusting.  I understand smashing your toe and just trying to "walk it off," but letting it get gangrenous before you go see a doctor?  Yikes.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

That is disgusting.  I understand smashing your toe and just trying to "walk it off," but letting it get gangrenous before you go see a doctor?  Yikes.  

She decided to go on the trip and worry about it when she got back.   Yet another bad decision.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Lisa pissed because she's tried sooo hard to blend into his culture. I mean, she put a piece of fabric halfway on her head, stuck her foot in a toilet, uses the fake accent of a non-native English speaker speaking English, and uses the "n" word. She's practically Nigerian now...

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

How does the immigration ban affect Mykull and now Usman? I mean it seems like hell to put up with Abusive Grangela and Lisa for them to not even be able to enter the States.

Lisa is just miserable and all kinds of awful. I don’t advocate for violence, but I’d be the first one signing up to knock the old bird out. She has been disrespectful to him, his country, his religion, and now his family. It’s hard to watch someone constantly be so disrespectful and nasty. I really hope he pulls a Fernanda, Luis, Mohammed, or Anfisa. Fernanda was married six months, and Luis was married less. Both of them are still stateside even after divorcing. 

Did y’all see Lisa promoting his alleged clothing line? I really don’t think they’re together anymore, and I really believe she’s trying hard to make it seem like they’re building up the Soja Boy nation and everything, but he still has her blocked. They’ve never done IG lives together. He doesn’t wear a ring, doesn’t tag her in posts, and makes comments like maybe marrying her was a mistake and he’ll correct his mistakes in due time.

• Love 7

I just realized that BGL is Sarah from Love After Lockup in 30 years.  Same mannerisms such as the pursed lips, finger tapping, and weird accent when they're mad.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 5/25/2020 at 8:52 AM, MrBuhBye said:

She decided to go on the trip and worry about it when she got back.   Yet another bad decision.

Really?  That is an awful decision.  She has walked around in goat shit and, IIRC walked around in open toe shoes.  What if her toe had gotten gangrenous in the middle of another continent? 

JFC, what an idiot.  

17 hours ago, Farley said:

I just realized that BGL is Sarah from Love After Lockup in 30 years.  Same mannerisms such as the pursed lips, finger tapping, and weird accent when they're mad.  

Solid point.  But Sarah takes her men much uglier, much less articulate and far more entitled.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Really?  That is an awful decision.  She has walked around in goat shit and, IIRC walked around in open toe shoes.  What if her toe had gotten gangrenous in the middle of another continent? 

JFC, what an idiot.  

Solid point.  But Sarah takes her men much uglier, much less articulate and far more entitled.    

It did get gangrenous but not sure  if it happened on the trip or after her return.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Farley said:

Yeah . . . but BGL ain't ovulatin'.

• LOL 8

I had to listen twice because I couldn't believe what I heard.  She just said finding out that she was scammed was worse than when her daughter died!  What!?  There are no words.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

From the article:

"Lisa Hamme claimed she fell victim to Usman Umar’s “romance scam”. The 52-year-old divorcee accused her new husband of using her and TLC to boost his career as a rapper. She maintained she has no idea Usman was that “desperate” to become a celebrity."

Any of us who watched more than 30 seconds of BGL and Usman together KNOW how desperate he must have been.  Most people wouldn't have been able to stand her (and her tongue) any longer than the time it took to get from the airport to the hotel.  I was surprised he didn't advise her to get the hotel shuttle back to the airport the next day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I guess the vile Lisa was the only one on the planet who didn’t see that Usman was using her.    Even my puppy knew it! Usman should get a green card just for getting in the same bed with her. That’s desperation! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

I guess the vile Lisa was the only one on the planet who didn’t see that Usman was using her.    Even my puppy knew it! Usman should get a green card just for getting in the same bed with her. That’s desperation! 

Luckily there was no consummation as the cobwebs proved an impenetrable barrier.

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, Fable said:

I had to listen twice because I couldn't believe what I heard.  She just said finding out that she was scammed was worse than when her daughter died!  What!?  There are no words.  

Her daughter died? I don't wanna research this but seriously? I could barely stomach listening to her rattle on and I wasn't gonna listen to her twice.

She now claiming she was scammed yet all her friends were telling her not to go because it's a scam--he's a Yahoo boy. She insisted that she knows about scams, that she knows him. Come on! He's a celebrity! He wrote a song for her! Did you hear the song? She kept insisting that he was legit. I hope they're all telling her, "Told you so!"

She's in my top 5 most hateable 90 Day'ers.

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, kendi said:

Her daughter died? I don't wanna research this but seriously? I could barely stomach listening to her rattle on and I wasn't gonna listen to her twice.

She now claiming she was scammed yet all her friends were telling her not to go because it's a scam--he's a Yahoo boy. She insisted that she knows about scams, that she knows him. Come on! He's a celebrity! He wrote a song for her! Did you hear the song? She kept insisting that he was legit. I hope they're all telling her, "Told you so!"

She's in my top 5 most hateable 90 Day'ers.

Not to downplay it but I bet it was a miscarriage or a preemie.  She would have milked it more if it were an older child.

Found this:

Hamme explained, “My Christianity, and like I said, Usman and discussed this for three years now, I lost faith for some time. I had a full pregnancy, and day of delivery, my daughter died two hours before delivery.”

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not to downplay it but I bet it was a miscarriage or a preemie.  She would have milked it more if it were an older child.

Found this:

Hamme explained, “My Christianity, and like I said, Usman and discussed this for three years now, I lost faith for some time. I had a full pregnancy, and day of delivery, my daughter died two hours before delivery.”

I hate it when people play the dead kid card to excuse their abhorrent behavior or to illict sympathy when they know they're doing something wrong. 

I say that as someone whose youngest son died unexpectedly. 

I am truly sorry that Lisa lost a child, regardless of said child's age, and I have sympathy for her on that. But using our children's deaths as justification for jackassery or as a get-out-of-jail-free card is, IMO, wrong and disrespectful to their memories. And that's what I felt like she was doing. 

• Love 15

Lisa is so fucking stupid that she believes NOW that she is scammed? Lady the writing was on the wall since day 1.

Using a death of a child is despicable.  

She blames Usman of cheating when she was out with her boyfriend shopping a few weeks ago? 

I hope that TLC with holds their money because they broke their NDA.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

You mean to tell me that the hours I spent listening to Usman drone on and Lisa explode on the leaked Tell All was just a waste of time?!?! Damn, I'll never get those hours back. 🥺

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I remain amazed at how Lisa or Ed or anyone of these folks with challenging looks/personalities can seriously think that some young hot thing from another country is actually INTO them.    Of course the relationship is transactional!   Maybe these folks are really that stupid, or maybe they are playing the "poor me, I was so in love!" victim card to try and remain semi relevant?

• Love 10
On 5/30/2020 at 10:14 PM, mamadrama said:

I am truly sorry that Lisa lost a child, regardless of said child's age, and I have sympathy for her on that. But using our children's deaths as justification for jackassery or as a get-out-of-jail-free card is, IMO, wrong and disrespectful to their memories. And that's what I felt like she was doing.

I am sorry you had to endure that.

Per the deceased child:  You mean to joke about it, like a former coworker (years ago, like the late 90's) used to joke on a call line about "Well, the baby lived long enough for us to take a deduction on our taxes?"  You mean like that?  

1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

I remain amazed at how Lisa or Ed or anyone of these folks with challenging looks/personalities can seriously think that some young hot thing from another country is actually INTO them.    Of course the relationship is transactional!

I see it, you see it, 99% of the rest of us see it - but them?  Nope.   Plus BGL keeps moving the goal posts - first he is HUGE celebrity, then he is just a local talent, then he is back to superstar status.  Even my hubby, who likes Usman, said:  "I think about 20 friends showed up in that bar that night!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You mean to joke about it, like a former coworker (years ago, like the late 90's) used to joke on a call line about "Well, the baby lived long enough for us to take a deduction on our taxes?"  You mean like that?  

I’m so glad our society has progressed regarding what was acceptable humor in the 70s and 80s.  There used to be “dead baby” jokes and you could even buy a paperback full of nothing but them.  Eddie Murphy standup specials were full of gay bashing and Andrew Dice Clay’s whole act was saying vile things about women.  Sometimes political correctness goes too far, but it seems we have become more civilized in general.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lu1535 said:

You mean to tell me that the hours I spent listening to Usman drone on and Lisa explode on the leaked Tell All was just a waste of time?!?! Damn, I'll never get those hours back. 🥺

You and me !

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am sorry you had to endure that.

Per the deceased child:  You mean to joke about it, like a former coworker (years ago, like the late 90's) used to joke on a call line about "Well, the baby lived long enough for us to take a deduction on our taxes?"  You mean like that?  

I see it, you see it, 99% of the rest of us see it - but them?  Nope.   Plus BGL keeps moving the goal posts - first he is HUGE celebrity, then he is just a local talent, then he is back to superstar status.  Even my hubby, who likes Usman, said:  "I think about 20 friends showed up in that bar that night!"

When we first saw BGL, she was so enthralled with her famous rapper boy. I truly believe she bought the whole thing and thought he was in love with her and she was the luckiest lady alive. I think she also believed she was completely superior to him and she would have him wrapped around her little finger. When things weren't working out the way she imagined -- no red carpet roll out everywhere this famous superstar went, she began belittling him and everything else in Nigeria.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

When we first saw BGL, she was so enthralled with her famous rapper boy. I truly believe she bought the whole thing and thought he was in love with her and she was the luckiest lady alive. I think she also believed she was completely superior to him and she would have him wrapped around her little finger. When things weren't working out the way she imagined -- no red carpet roll out everywhere this famous superstar went, she began belittling him and everything else in Nigeria.

I agree.  That’s why she insisted on bareback...to seal the deal when she enthralled him with her....skills.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I agree.  That’s why she insisted on bareback...to seal the deal when she enthralled him with her....skills.  

Maybe she was hoping against all hope for a miracle pregnancy to seal the deal.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3