Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S04.E13: A Hell of a Week: Part Three

I thought it was a weekend retreat, and I bet usually he is available, but his work thing came up quickly.  One of those late Friday calls for a presentation Monday morning projects. I know I certainly got those assignments in my working life.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I thought it was a weekend retreat, and I bet usually he is available, but his work thing came up quickly.  One of those late Friday calls for a presentation Monday morning projects. I know I certainly got those assignments in my working life.

If that's what happened he could have said that he has a family trip planned and wouldn't be able to work. It seems like he's a senior-level employee, so he can push back on such requests without repercussions.

I've worked in the tech industry for over 15 years, and yes, it's brutal, but people don't usually get fired or demoted for occasionally saying no to a last-minute project.

This was a matter of prioritization, and Toby chose to prioritize his work over his family.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 1

I thought he owned the company.  If this was a presentation for a potential big, new client, he wouldn’t just want to bow out.  Also, he never said he wouldn’t go.  He was packing, albeit reluctantly, and taking texts for a work thing.  Kate was the one who invited Rebecca to take his place, even over his protestation.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 11:38 AM, RedDelicious said:

Both Lands End and L.L. Bean have swim dresses, and Lands End in particular is always having a sale! Both have excellent return/exchange policies.

I was going to suggest Lands End also. They have a lot of options where you can mix and match top and bottom styles depending on what you like. 

I enjoyed this episode. Creepy Mark was well done. I echo those who thought Mandy killed it at the diner. 

I've never hated Kate but not my favorite character either. I enjoyed her bonding with her mom. The swimming, the singing and then Kate saying "am I becoming the type of woman who is best friends with her mom?" 

I really think Kate and Toby need counseling so they can communicate better and just air these issues out. 

The dream ending with Mom rang true. My husband has had the same experience with our boys. He coached my youngest basketball team--so he was the parent taking him to practice, etc. 100% of the time. I just went to games. At the end of the season, he had the team make cards addressed to whoever--mom, dad, grandpa, etc.--was most involved in helping them get to practice, etc. What does my son's card say "Dear Mama, thank you for everything . . ." It cracked us up. 

• Like 1

Ok so usually I suspend disbelief with how quickly these people travel across the country, from Pburgh to Philly to Alpine and back again (all in one day no less), etc.  But this episodes wonky timelines threw me right out of the stories.  First Kate sprung this trip on Toby with one night's notice, even packing the next day for a trip happening literally that day.  How long was the trip?  A day?  A week since she said Madison was coming over all week for the dog??  And then Rebecca decides she can come on the trip that very morning.  All this will a ten month old baby in tow.  Ummm......huh?!?!

Speaking of said ten month old, am I to believe Kate and Bec went for a swim sometime after 9pm and then to a nightclub/restaurant/wherever some time after that and.....baby just slept in his stroller this while time?!  I was so distracted by this that I really couldn't;t get into what should have been a great couple scenes.  At least say this resort has a daycare or nanny on call or something.  Like I said normally I just go with it because it's a tv show and it doesn't matter but in this episode I had to call bullshit!