Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Yeah so no clear indicator that they didn't go. I wouldn't blame them either if they didn't went, Victoria was devastated and Tina didnt go to stay with her daughter. I seriously doubt it that they didnt go out of anger

But hey, what do I know

2 hours ago, Jennv said:

Anything would be better than what we had at point last year, bit the way things are going I would not be surprised if Maddie did 6 years, which means we get her at pont thiscyear and next. Then we go straight to Victoria as point for the remaining time she stays, which unless she gets pregnant or injured will be another 4 or 5 

I mean, I enjoy Amy her dancing (personally not a fan of Maddie) but neither should have got point. That position should have went to Heather, she was not the most powerful dancer of squad but she is beautiful to look at and would loom great on every picture taken. 

I also think if Amy and Maddie didnt had the right look for point, neither has Gina (I know she is a favourite here) regardless of how strong of a dancer she is.

I really hope Maddie retires after her 5th year, kinda over her. I also wouldn't be so sure that Victoria will get point after her, I seriously doubt that. Cassie got "shoved down" people their throats and she never got point. I do think Victoria could end up in the diamond, like Tess in her 3rd year.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/27/2020 at 4:05 AM, Agent Gully said:

Utterly random thoughts...

Some athletes are blessed with the ability to be light on their feet and are able to leap into the air with ease. I believe "ballon" is the correct terminology in ballet. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been almost half a century - good Heavens I am old - since I took ballet.) It is one of the things I look for when watching the auditions and later the TCC. 

If Victoria hadn't been shoved down her throats, I really wouldn't notice her that much on the team. She is, however, one of the more "earthbound" spirits when it comes to movement and jumping. In the horse world, there is a saying that "form follows function". I'm not sure if Victoria truly understands that, when I compare her dancing with some of the other videos above.

Pretty sure Victoria would be an eq horse.  Not quick enough on her feet for jumpers and not solid enough form for hunters.  

Edited by SuzySmith
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Watching season 12 you do realize how "dysfunctional" the family was - besides Holly, Erica and Jenna, you had girls telling Kitty about Gina's behavior, Milan was "attacked" for choosing college over show group, Alexandria leaving, etc.

How many times on here have we discussed the way out of town girls seem to be treated.  It must be hard to move to a new city, not know anyone, and the other girls from here know each other, grew up together, danced together, etc.  Season 13 rookies are a close knit group.  Season 14 rookies don't seem to be.  How much will this year's TCC's be able to bond with everything going on?  

There was and is a lot of homophobia too. 

1 hour ago, DutchDCCfan said:

I also wouldn't be so sure that Victoria will get point after her, I seriously doubt that. Cassie got "shoved down" people their throats and she never got point. 

Yes, but Judy never lobbied for Cassie like TK, who is constantly demanding that VK get more and goodies. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I remember Tara went.  THAT had to be embarrassing, but she did it.

Yeah THAT is how you know you've found a good ambassador for your brand. Even after being embarrassed and fired by you out of the blue mid-season, they'll still show up to support your other employees. Whenever she's brought up I always go back to this: "I've gotten positive feedback that I was making improvement, so I'm not really sure what's changed." It really was the pre-cursor to all the Jalyn drama I feel. Poor communication and all that.

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

All three of those ladies look so poised, elegant and beautiful. Erin still has my No. 1 vote for best glow-up of the squad with Rachel A. following close behind 😉

20 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

UGH

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

That picture of Kristin is absolutely awful. 

Agreed. Her head looks humongous, her left eye looks wonky, and she appears to have no waist. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Agreed. Her head looks humongous, her left eye looks wonky, and she appears to have no waist. 

DO NOT AGREE. Beg to differ. Kristin looks GrEaT.

By the way....What in hella do people see in Miss Erin the Average. Do people not remember her super embarrassing fall when dancing for the mentors her first year in TC? Like she was sooo awkward and WEAK. She looks like any girl off the street if you caked on tons of makeup.

Kristen has body, mind and spirit.  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I've always found it interesting that Jinelle hid her relationship (at least on social media) until after she retired. Although she did get a ton of support on instagram from other DCC and she might have just chosen to hide it because her fiance worked for DCC. Any clue if she was explicitly told to hush up her relationship until after she retired? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, RockYou said:

By the way....What in hella do people see in Miss Erin the Average. Do people not remember her super embarrassing fall when dancing for the mentors her first year in TC? Like she was sooo awkward and WEAK. She looks like any girl off the street if you caked on tons of makeup.

Erin is great!   She messed up her 1st TCC year, educated herself in what skills needed to be honed for the DCC and succeeded.  She has been a fab DCC.   I agree Kristin looks great too!  I can’t remember Kristin’s dance skill at this time though.  Erin has great form and grace.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, RockYou said:

Wow, who peed in your coffee this morning? 😁 

They all look amazing!

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, RockYou said:

My two cents:

It is funny that we are talking about these two diamonds because they both have a natural body thing going. Not scary skinny. You can’t count their ribs and they have junk in the trunk.

Kristin looks great. If there is anything wrong with her eyes then it is her make up. There are not a lot of girls on the team that have her natural beauty.

Erin is also beautiful. Her class exudes from everything she does. She reminds me of a tigress. Tigress Erin. If she is average then I love average.

I am in a lot of #Teams: #TeamKirstin and #TeamErin. I am also on #TeamKat, #TeamAmanda, #TeamCaroline, #TeamCici, #TeamSavannah, #TeamKelcey, #TeamAlanna and ofcourse on #TeamJalyn.

I am seeing a lot of potential favourites in the new rookies! I can’t wait to see them in action!

Edited by Pau84
Kelcey
  • Love 24
56 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I am seeing a lot of potential favourites in the new rookies! I can’t wait to see them in action!

Can't wait either! I'm still uneasy about the whole COVID situation, but by God I am so ready to start the proper forum / TC season up again! 🙂 I do hope TPTB keep all these girls safe and put together the best squad possible!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, NewfanofDCC said:

All of the tcc’s are in Texas. Some have been here since last week, but they were all required to be here by today at the latest.  

Doesn’t look like jaycie and Darian are 

10 hours ago, RockYou said:

There is a big difference between 2017 Erin and 2018 Erin tho, her dancing looked 10 times better in 2018

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

My two cents:

It is funny that we are talking about these two diamonds because they both have a natural body thing going. Not scary skinny. You can’t count their ribs and they have junk in the trunk.

Kristin looks great. If there is anything wrong with her eyes then it is her make up. There are not a lot of girls on the team that have her natural beauty.

Erin is also beautiful. Her class exudes from everything she does. She reminds me of a tigress. Tigress Erin. If she is average then I love average.

I am in a lot of #Teams: #TeamKirstin and #TeamErin. I am also on #TeamKat, #TeamAmanda, #TeamCaroline, #TeamCici, #TeamSavannah, #TeamKelcey, #TeamAlanna and ofcourse on #TeamJalyn.

I am fully supporting:

Claire W: Seems like the full package

Sheridan: Always love a comeback story

Shannan and Jessica: We need some more maturity looking ladies and both look great

• Love 5
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Countdown - five days until they enter "the bubble".  Curious to see who that all involves besides Kelli, Judy and the TCC’s, and just where is the bubble going to be.

https://www.cameo.com/kellifinglass

So she said they would all be sequestered together. Like a jury then, they are all staying together in a hotel,  i assume. It seems like it would defeat the purpose unless it was closed to rhe general public while they are there. Or maybe Jerry has an extra house they are all in together, hell, he has more money than God. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, Jennv said:

So she said they would all be sequestered together. Like a jury then, they are all staying together in a hotel,  i assume. It seems like it would defeat the purpose unless it was closed to rhe general public while they are there. Or maybe Jerry has an extra house they are all in together, hell, he has more money than God. 

I’m thinking maybe the hotel at the star they blocked off a whole floor of rooms 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2020 at 7:34 PM, SmpIsimon said:

So, the Seahawks did something interesting. They didn’t take ANY rookies this year, and only some of the vets. Specifically, they only took 16 which is about half of what the usually take.  

Wonder if other teams will do this? 

https://www.seahawks.com/news/introducing-the-2020-seahawks-dancers

The Denver Broncos Cheerleaders are going with a squad of 21 veterans this year. They usually have a squad of 26.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Gee, what could go wrong.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I've always found it interesting that Jinelle hid her relationship (at least on social media) until after she retired. Although she did get a ton of support on instagram from other DCC and she might have just chosen to hide it because her fiance worked for DCC. Any clue if she was explicitly told to hush up her relationship until after she retired? 

My guess would be that TPTB told her to keep it quiet.  In all the years I have been watching DCC:MTT (with the exception of this last season, thanks to VK), the DCC have always appeared to have had the image of wholesome girls next door.  Appear available but never be available.  And do not, under any circumstance, talk about your sexuality.  To me, they want this ideal girl for their fans to love and fantasize about, which means, the wholesome girl next door.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

My guess would be that TPTB told her to keep it quiet.  In all the years I have been watching DCC:MTT (with the exception of this last season, thanks to VK), the DCC have always appeared to have had the image of wholesome girls next door.  Appear available but never be available.  And do not, under any circumstance, talk about your sexuality.  To me, they want this ideal girl for their fans to love and fantasize about, which means, the wholesome girl next door.

Yes, and I was told certain folks expressed "concern" about working with Jinelle due to her sexuality.  Sigh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, and I was told certain folks expressed "concern" about working with Jinelle due to her sexuality.  Sigh.

I am not surprised.  I live in Texas too, and I see what people think and such when it comes to those with same sex preference.  It's like they think it's contagious.  SMH  It seriously is NOT anyone's business.

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Gee, what could go wrong.

The girls all sequestered in a hotel together or in a spare house of Jerruh's??? I mean either way it could be trouble but that second option is terrifying

• LOL 2
On 7/26/2020 at 1:29 PM, go4luca said:

Autumn Miller is insanely talented.  One of the best working dancers currently in play.

Agreed!  She is fantastic...I watch her videos over and over.  I'm amazed every single time!! 🙂 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

I remember Tara went.  THAT had to be embarrassing, but she did it.

Exactly! Plus, VK may not have felt like going (although all cut girls go, as it’s pretty much a requirement to act “graceful” about getting cut if you want a second chance), but the alumnae who was “assistant director” should have been there.

15 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Yeah so no clear indicator that they didn't go. I wouldn't blame them either if they didn't went, Victoria was devastated and Tina didnt go to stay with her daughter. I seriously doubt it that they didnt go out of anger

But hey, what do I know

Why, is VK a toddler that can’t be left alone in the house? Or was she so sad about getting cut that she needed to be physically next to her mom 24/7 to get through it?

15 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

I mean, I enjoy Amy her dancing (personally not a fan of Maddie) but neither should have got point. That position should have went to Heather, she was not the most powerful dancer of squad but she is beautiful to look at and would loom great on every picture taken. 

I also think if Amy and Maddie didnt had the right look for point, neither has Gina (I know she is a favourite here) regardless of how strong of a dancer she is.

I really hope Maddie retires after her 5th year, kinda over her. I also wouldn't be so sure that Victoria will get point after her, I seriously doubt that. Cassie got "shoved down" people their throats and she never got point. I do think Victoria could end up in the diamond, like Tess in her 3rd year.

I agree on Heather. She’s the most photogenic out of all the GLs and it just doesn’t make sense she was the only one left out of the diamond.

The difference with Cassie though was that apart from SG, she wasn’t pushed to the front as much as VK -definitely didn’t get a top position as a rookie- and still ended up in the triangle.

13 hours ago, Lona said:

Yeah THAT is how you know you've found a good ambassador for your brand. Even after being embarrassed and fired by you out of the blue mid-season, they'll still show up to support your other employees. Whenever she's brought up I always go back to this: "I've gotten positive feedback that I was making improvement, so I'm not really sure what's changed." It really was the pre-cursor to all the Jalyn drama I feel. Poor communication and all that.

Tara’s cut was so sad. It was obvious she was struggling with something and to be cut out of the blue as a vet and after getting positive comments must have been a slap in the face. 

12 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Erin is great!   She messed up her 1st TCC year, educated herself in what skills needed to be honed for the DCC and succeeded.  She has been a fab DCC.   I agree Kristin looks great too!  I can’t remember Kristin’s dance skill at this time though.  Erin has great form and grace.  

Erin was the best comeback transformation ever. Even Maddie didn’t change that much even though she got so much praise. She came back confident, that’s for sure, but her dancing was pretty much the same. Erin however was hella impressive in her second season. I thought she’d never come back based on her performance her first tc.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

Well if that doesn't bring on the cliques and the mean girls, I don't know what will!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Opine said:

Well if that doesn't bring on the cliques and the mean girls, I don't know what will!

Wonder who will complain they didn’t get the roommate they wanted !! 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Even if it was just her perception. It's sad that she felt that way

Alanna's boyfriend is also black...I wonder if she's ever felt that way?  She certainly doesn't seem to portray that on her IG page 🙂 

• Love 1

So......if sequestered in a hotel, how do the girls who hold jobs outside of being a DCC make it work?

As for those with pets, if I had to leave mine I'd lose my mind.  Even if left with a boyfriend, BFF, family, whatever, I couldn't do it.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So......if sequestered in a hotel, how do the girls who hold jobs outside of being a DCC make it work?

As for those with pets, if I had to leave mine I'd lose my mind.  Even if left with a boyfriend, BFF, family, whatever, I couldn't do it.

A lot of them hold jobs that are being done remotely or are dance instructors Kelcey is a nurse at a dcc friendly clinic  

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

They aren’t playing in a bubble 

Neither is the NFL, and given that DCC training camp could be held safely without being in a bubble (small groups in a larger space or outdoors), I would assume this is being done so they can film the show. It also provides a topical storyline and makes it look like the organization cares about the health and welfare of the cheerleaders. Since they have a history of not caring about that and the lax attitude toward the pandemic in Texas in general, I honestly question whether this is actually a serious effort or just window dressing. I hope the cheerleaders are being better compensated for it.

I would also be shocked if the NFL allows non-essential personnel on the sidelines or field during the season, so I think the whole thing is moot anyway. The Jets aren't allowed to have fans at games and it looks like the Flight Crew hasn't posted an update for what they're doing about the season--I'd be very interested to see what they end up deciding.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

A lot of them hold jobs that are being done remotely or are dance instructors Kelcey is a nurse at a dcc friendly clinic  

I understand some can work remotely, but how does someone like Maddie keep her nanny job?

Let alone the pet situation I mentioned above.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Neither is the NFL, and given that DCC training camp could be held safely without being in a bubble (small groups in a larger space or outdoors), I would assume this is being done so they can film the show. It also provides a topical storyline and makes it look like the organization cares about the health and welfare of the cheerleaders. Since they have a history of not caring about that and the lax attitude toward the pandemic in Texas in general, I honestly question whether this is actually a serious effort or just window dressing. I hope the cheerleaders are being better compensated for it.

I would also be shocked if the NFL allows non-essential personnel on the sidelines or field during the season, so I think the whole thing is moot anyway. The Jets aren't allowed to have fans at games and it looks like the Flight Crew hasn't posted an update for what they're doing about the season--I'd be very interested to see what they end up deciding.

Have a good day 🙂 

5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I understand some can work remotely, but how does someone like Maddie keep her nanny job?

Let alone the pet situation I mentioned above.

That’s a good question I’m not sure 

17 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Btw, I really like this video of Rachel W, KaShara and Ashlee who really grew on my the past months

Ashley is KILLING it, love her!!! :-)

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Wonder who will complain they didn’t get the roommate they wanted !! 

Or who will be so bummed they got HER for a roommate, someone is going to get the unlucky draw, or perhaps her mommy will get her a private...

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Ashley is KILLING it, love her!!! 🙂

Or who will be so bummed they got HER for a roommate, someone is going to get the unlucky draw, or perhaps her mommy will get her a private...

Maybe they will draw straws 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

How long does this bubble last and will the girls be compensated for any lost wages during this time?  Or expenses such as a kennel if that is what they need to do?

Good questions. I don’t see how they can maintain the “you need to be in school or have a separate job from DCC” posture if they’re asking the cheerleaders to live in a bubble. Now, It’s smart for covid purposes if the bubble is actually maintained. The NBA seems to be having success with it so far, but basketball is the primary job for those athletes. Dancing is not, or at least not supposed to be, for the cheerleaders. 

• Love 4

Exactly! Plus, VK may not have felt like going (although all cut girls go, as it’s pretty much a requirement to act “graceful” about getting cut if you want a second chance), but the alumnae who was “assistant director” should have been there.

I am sure it was duly noted if those that were cut didn't show up.  You would be deemed as having "sour grapes" and would have that held against you.  VK and TK of course get a pass - because for them it's OK to be "disappointed."

Did Kristen get a boob job? Her kidneys look huge to me in that photo.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They aren’t playing in a bubble 

They are in a bubble, all teams collectively but they have still just had a bunch test positive. 

Wouldn't be shocked if there season is cancelled soon. 

• Love 3