Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

But how is this any more selfish that what any of the other veterans are doing with their big gatherings and frequent travel? One had even been down in Mexico

That was amber who went to Mexico 

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Nothing was said abt it the show was still gonna happen !! 

If TPTB were able to virtually select a handful of TCCs from the hundreds of online applications why wouldn't they hold a virtual training camp? They have virtual kids camps and prep classes. If every other NFL cheer team conducted their training camps virtually why wouldn't DCC?

Everything from this point forward is for the TV show. starting next week with relocating the TCCs to Texas for in person training camp

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Supersimon said:

If TPTB were able to virtually select a handful of TCCs from the hundreds of online applications why wouldn't they hold a virtual training camp? They have virtual kids camps and prep classes. If every other NFL cheer team conducted their training camps virtually why wouldn't DCC?

Everything from this point forward is for the TV show. starting next week with relocating the TCCs to Texas for in person training camp

I was told by one of the lady’s it starts in August 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

But how is this any more selfish that what any of the other veterans are doing with their big gatherings and frequent travel? One had even been down in Mexico

At least Lisa is going for work, not to hang out with friends.

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I was told by one of the lady’s it starts in August 

Do we know if they’ve started tc virtually? As in, the new girls got at least some choreo already? It would make sense; give them the time to learn the choreo at home, give them some corrections in-person, and then take one to two weeks to make all cuts.

I get the need to have a show. But given the circumstances, couldn’t they follow a different format for just one year? Make it veterans only, make a few cuts you’d make during finals anyway, and then follow the girls through the season. I’m sure there are people who would appreciate the change:

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do we know if they’ve started tc virtually? As in, the new girls got at least some choreo already? It would make sense; give them the time to learn the choreo at home, give them some corrections in-person, and then take one to two weeks to make all cuts.

I get the need to have a show. But given the circumstances, couldn’t they follow a different format for just one year? Make it veterans only, make a few cuts you’d make during finals anyway, and then follow the girls through the season. I’m sure there are people who would appreciate the change:

Honestly I’m not sure I know that some vets have reached out to the rookie hopefuls tho !! Tcc Elli and Dani are suppose to be moving in with Alanna 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Hello everyone! I just realised something and I thought it would be worth mentioning - showgroup

The 2019 - 2020 showgroup is :

• Amy
  • Maddie
  • Tess
  • Heather
  • Gina
  • Lexie 
  • Amber 
  • Bridget
  • Daphne 
  • Heather
  • Rachel A
  • Rachel W 
  • Ashley
  • Caroline
  • Cici
  • Amanda
  • Kelcey
  • Victoria

From what I know, only three of the current showgroup members will be retiring! What an intense showgroup audition there will be! Not only will there be the new rookie candidates coming in, but there will also be the 2-year candidates who have improved after one year as a DCC, as well as 3 and 4-year candidates trying to get a spot? This also means it will be harder for the current members to make it back in!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jennv said:

Any word on Brennan? Last thing I saw her post she was sick, with what appeared to be either covid or pneumonia

Based on her story from last week (I think it was last week), I think my COVID suspicions are correct.

image.png.d5ffd9903f179cf7c4a5da11b7bb449d.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Lisa flying to Arkansas and teaching  a dance to a room full of teens shows you just how selfish she is.  Wonder if Kelli cares she is not being a good role model for the younger girls.  She is exposing herself and could bring it back with her not even knowing she has it and then expose Kelli.  

Heaven help the DCC or TCC who gives the Rona to Kelli.  She could kick to her nose, have a PhD, be beautiful, slim, charming and eloquent, dance with great technique and energy, and still get her COVID-carrying butt cut.

Jus' sayin'.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree. I'm not offended by people doing necessary things while following proper protocols.

• Love 4
On 7/23/2020 at 4:42 PM, MeeMee2 said:

I always thought what really helped Lisa was her graduating from University with a Biomedical Engineering degree. Kelli loves talking up how brilliant and accomplished the ladies of DCC are. She even mentioned Lisa's degree during the season. Perhaps that and Lisa's powerful style of dance were enough to overlook the fact that she doesn't exactly have the DCC "look"

Wait till you see the degrees of some of the new rookies.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

Heaven help the DCC or TCC who gives the Rona to Kelli.  She could kick to her nose, have a PhD, be beautiful, slim, charming and eloquent, dance with great technique and energy, and still get her COVID-carrying butt cut.

Jus' sayin'.

Only if it’s not VK or other fave

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

So, the Seahawks did something interesting. They didn’t take ANY rookies this year, and only some of the vets. Specifically, they only took 16 which is about half of what the usually take.  

Wonder if other teams will do this? 

https://www.seahawks.com/news/introducing-the-2020-seahawks-dancers

Kelli won't unless someone forces her too, this is the big 60th year and she will not want to miss out on milking that for the show

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, CailynA said:

Kelli won't unless someone forces her too, this is the big 60th year and she will not want to miss out on milking that for the show

Yes. Sadly, I don’t think the health of the girls will be at the top of her priority list. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Wait Amanda the rookie is retiring?

43 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

No rookie Taylor did

Oh my gosh I almost had a heart attack lol. Can breathe a bit more now 😂

• Love 4

I was thinking even if they do training camp virtually, how will the TCC be able to learn the field entrance routine?  Kelly and Judy always say that could be a deal breaker for a lot of girls.

• Useful 1
On 7/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Lisa flying to Arkansas and teaching  a dance to a room full of teens shows you just how selfish she is.  Wonder if Kelli cares she is not being a good role model for the younger girls.  She is exposing herself and could bring it back with her not even knowing she has it and then expose Kelli.  

If you saw the video they all had masks on, but I agree that traveling out of State during a pandemic isn’t wise especially since they are planning to start TC in August. 

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, superSimone said:

I believe you are referring to when the returning veterans start. The new TCCs begin sooner.

Since you seem to be skeptical of where this info is coming from I will let you know that I am a hairdresser in the DFW area and do a few of the girl's hair (and before a witch hunt starts: no I do not work at tangerine and yes they can get their hair done at other salons) Ive followed along for awhile on this forum because it comes up time to time. compared to what my clients have told me, smplsimon is pretty spot on with their information. 

One of my usual girls came in this week and was pretty distraught over the news of an in person hotel training camp bubble. The impression I got was that some girls were excited about going back and others were scared about the safety of it all. I was alarmed by the handful of holes in the planning but I only heard from one girl so hopefully TPTB are working on it

Who said I was sceptical ? And I never said they couldn’t get there hair done somewhere else !! 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Brennan's  tweet about wear a mask, and an article I just read about research on COVID "long haulers", make me wonder how DCCs will be treated if they can't complete training camp because they contract the virus.  Even after recovering from it, some people continue to have symptoms or are unable to exercise because of breathing difficulties.  So you could be cleared to participate because you aren't contagious, but unable to participate because you physically are unable at the moment.  Would Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy show 2020 DCCs some grace and allow them back on the team if they are unable to do TCC?

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Sorry not sorry but if. Weren’t for captions I’d have no clue VK was trying t out do a rumba/samba/zoombaroomba well hell, anything besides looking like a little girl trying to prance in her moms shoes and mimic a DWTS episode. Like this is what we did when we were 7with grandparents clapping “my baby is a BALLROOM DANCER. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

Brennan's  tweet about wear a mask, and an article I just read about research on COVID "long haulers", make me wonder how DCCs will be treated if they can't complete training camp because they contract the virus.  Even after recovering from it, some people continue to have symptoms or are unable to exercise because of breathing difficulties.  So you could be cleared to participate because you aren't contagious, but unable to participate because you physically are unable at the moment.  Would Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy show 2020 DCCs some grace and allow them back on the team if they are unable to do TCC?

I guess it depends on the case really... if it’s a rookie hopeful, probably not. Now for a vet... i’d assume they’d get some grace especially if there’s a show, as I’m not sure people will react well if a girl is kicked out because she got infected, especially if it’s during tc (where chances are she got sick because they started filming again). I doubt they’ll practice new material so why kick out someone who already knows the material? 

The only case it would make sense is if they do have lasting effects. It’s not as common, but if one of them does get lasting effects, i doubt she’d be able to do a whole game day. I would still offer them an all star spot, maybe doing only pregame and appearances AND allow her to audition as a vet next season.

• Love 4
Just now, EricaShadows said:

I knew that Victoria was just plain sloppy overall in her dancing (turns sloppy, jumps low and heavy, extensions low and tight, and she doesn't seem to finish any of the moves), but these other two videos REALLY point out how bad she really is at some of this stuff, especially the young girl.  However, while I do applaud Victoria for getting out there and trying new stuff, she should put equal time in on perfecting what she already knows so she can move to the top of the "average" pile.  As it is, if Kelli didn't shove her in our faces so much (and give her so much she hasn't earned yet), I wouldn't even be paying attention to Victoria.

Was prepared to watch, scroll on, and smh at folks being judgemental and nitpicky. BUT, I watched all four videos and I was almost immediately struck at the performance and technique difference between VK and the other three performers. I even went back and watched hers again, just to make sure I wasn't unknowingly drinking the kool-aid. Even if I just go on facial expressions alone, she came across insipid and immature. I presume she's a sweet girl, but like so many have said-if TPTB hadn't put so much sustained effort into putting her in the spotlight, I probably wouldn't have even noticed her much.

• Love 23
(edited)

Watched the Brooke Colletti version of that routine Victoria did and, while still miles better then Victoria, I can see that Brooke might have similar issues to Victoria.  Both seem to have issues with height on their jumps, at least in that turn/leap combo that end up with the dancer on the floor.  Also, Brooke seems to have an issue with getting her feet/legs where they need to be in the leg extensions and not completing all the moves.  Still, she's far better then Victoria in performance and power.

ETA: Here's Brooke's version if it hasn't been posted already:

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This looks much better!

These other videos just show how NOT powerful she really is. I am not a trained dancer, but even I can tell the others are so much better at this routine.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, viccib said:

These other videos just show how NOT powerful she really is. I am not a trained dancer, but even I can tell the others are so much better at this routine.

Ok I saw Victoria’s video first and I legit didn’t understand it was the same choreo. It took me a while to get why you were comparing them...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok I saw Victoria’s video first and I legit didn’t understand it was the same choreo. It took me a while to get why you were comparing them...

Right?! Even her placement is all over the place. I've always thought she was was a hack - here's the proof.

• Love 10

Utterly random thoughts...

Some athletes are blessed with the ability to be light on their feet and are able to leap into the air with ease. I believe "ballon" is the correct terminology in ballet. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been almost half a century - good Heavens I am old - since I took ballet.) It is one of the things I look for when watching the auditions and later the TCC. 

If Victoria hadn't been shoved down her throats, I really wouldn't notice her that much on the team. She is, however, one of the more "earthbound" spirits when it comes to movement and jumping. In the horse world, there is a saying that "form follows function". I'm not sure if Victoria truly understands that, when I compare her dancing with some of the other videos above.

I certainly hope that as part of the very beginning of training camp, an expert is brought in to talk to the gals (and TPTB) about the current best practices and advice for staying safe from Covid -19. In trying to recover from it myself, in addition to a total lack of stamina, my ability to concentrate and memorize is still affected. For those trying to memorize new routines, this could play a huge factor if they were to become ill.

Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well!

• Love 22
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jalyn Jalyn Jalyn! What a breath of fresh air. Gracious as ever! I hope these type of videos pave her way towards what she was destined to be: the point of the triangle of the DCC.

Say it loud, say it proud, Jalyn For Point!

#TeamJalyn

• Love 20
23 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This looks much better!

Couldn't agree more!  The little girl is so point on!  I want to call her a Powerful Pixie!  She so rocked that!  Vk was mediocre at best and it came across as this girl in high school trying to make the dance team.  She is still doing tricks she has no business doing.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Jalyn Jalyn Jalyn! What a breath of fresh air. Gracious as ever! I hope these type of videos pave her way towards what she was destined to be: the point of the triangle of the DCC.

Say it loud, say it proud, Jalyn For Point!

#TeamJalyn

I know some people didn’t love the way Jalyn was removed from SG (she wasn’t the first and won’t be the last), but to me, there’s nothing special about her dancing or her looks. I feel like there’s a soft spot for her due to last year, but if that had not have happened, I probably couldn’t pick Jalyn out of a line up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2