Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Watched the Brooke Colletti version of that routine Victoria did and, while still miles better then Victoria, I can see that Brooke might have similar issues to Victoria. 

I am not trying to be snarky with my question.  Is holding your leg up with your arm considered a talented dance move in a routine?   And why is that guy in the background?

1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

Couldn't agree more!  The little girl is so point on!  I want to call her a Powerful Pixie!  She so rocked that!  Vk was mediocre at best and it came across as this girl in high school trying to make the dance team.  She is still doing tricks she has no business doing.

I thought the kid looked like a kid trying to dance as an adult.  

I thought VK looked pretty good.  Fifty lashes for me with a wet noodle.  I can take it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I am not trying to be snarky with my question.  Is holding your leg up with your arm considered a talented dance move in a routine?   And why is that guy in the background?

He's the choreographer Mark Meismer, I find it distracts away from the dance but it's his thing to be the hype guy!

(edited)

As it is, if Kelli didn't shove her in our faces so much (and give her so much she hasn't earned yet), I wouldn't even be paying attention to Victoria.

I presume she's a sweet girl, but like so many have said-if TPTB hadn't put so much sustained effort into putting her in the spotlight, I probably wouldn't have even noticed her much.

If Victoria hadn't been shoved down her throats, I really wouldn't notice her that much on the team.

This. This. This.

In the horse world,

lol

The dance move is a tilt. It shows extension and strength. With Victoria it seemed like she had to exert - but normally a leg lift should be effortless - and you should be able to hold in place too.

And why is that guy in the background?

I will defend VK for this one.  The guy (Mark Meismer) is the choreographer of the piece. Looks like he taught the combo to Brooke and Autumn and they presented it for others to learn online.  So in VK's defense - learning online isn't like being in class.  But - Kaylee also learned online so .. you be the judge.  Mark Meismer is the dancer VK pays to pays to choreograph her solos. 

I thought the kid looked like a kid trying to dance as an adult.

I've seen a lot of young girls "sexualize" dancing.  I didn't get that from her version.  If you watch and listen to the lyrics and music cues - Kaylee hits.  There is like a shoulder shimmy and she adds a pop that goes with the lyrics in the song.  Technique can be taught - but style and musicality cannot.

Edited by chabelisaywow
  • Love 11

Can I post this here, cause I just gotta! I dreamed the other night I tried out for the team, but decided I would have trouble learning so many dances. So, I dropped out and Kelli was very sad I was leaving.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

I know some people didn’t love the way Jalyn was removed from SG (she wasn’t the first and won’t be the last), but to me, there’s nothing special about her dancing or her looks. I feel like there’s a soft spot for her due to last year, but if that had not have happened, I probably couldn’t pick Jalyn out of a line up.

Looks is a subjective topic and I think Jalyn is more photogenic in clips and probably needs a less harsh hair color. But her technique is spectacular and effortless and she is good in a lot of different styles. Compare that to ms-can’t-even-complete-a-turn...at least we can all agree that Jalyn is more versatile than vk.

but just want to add that while some of us have taken dance class and enjoy this aspect of the show...it’s perfectly valid to like other performers and prefer someone less technical because they appeal to you. I don’t doubt that vk has fan appeal so I wouldn’t mind them going with that angle. All the “hate” she is getting is because they’re trying to convince us she has skills she just doesn’t.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Looks is a subjective topic and I think Jalyn is more photogenic in clips and probably needs a less harsh hair color. But her technique is spectacular and effortless and she is good in a lot of different styles. Compare that to ms-can’t-even-complete-a-turn...at least we can all agree that Jalyn is more versatile than vk.

but just want to add that while some of us have taken dance class and enjoy this aspect of the show...it’s perfectly valid to like other performers and prefer someone less technical because they appeal to you. I don’t doubt that vk has fan appeal so I wouldn’t mind them going with that angle. All the “hate” she is getting is because they’re trying to convince us she has skills she just doesn’t.

My opinion of Jalyn doesn't (and wasn't) coinciding with any opinions of Victoria. Not sure why you mentioned her. I don’t have an opinion on Victoria really either way, but giving a “negative” personal opinion on Jalyn, isn’t mutually exclusive to comparing her to Victoria. I promise my opinions don’t revolve around comparing everyone to Victoria.

• Love 1

So the Texans confirm their cheer squad on Thursday.

I think I've got to the point where I hope they just name the team and skip the whole training camp mess, but doubt that will happen. I still think cheerleaders at games is unlikely for this coming season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

So the Texans confirm their cheer squad on Thursday.

I think I've got to the point where I hope they just name the team and skip the whole training camp mess, but doubt that will happen. I still think cheerleaders at games is unlikely for this coming season.

Do you remember the guy who tried out for dcc ? 

2 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I saw that he made the Falcons cheer team! So excited for him.

Aaah that's amazing. Good on the Falcons, they got an amazing dancer!

• Love 4

Jalyn should’ve never been removed from show group for VK, but I also don’t see what’s so special about her dancing. I’ve never noticed that she looks bad, but when I think about that group of rookies, I can name 5 or 6 off the top of my head that stand out to me more than her. I just assume that she’s a great dancer, because she was on show group as a rookie, but I’ve personally never seen a clip of her dancing (as DCC), where she has caught my eye. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, DCCforME said:

Thank you for posting those comparison dance videos.  I guess I can kinda see how VK might make the team, but how did she make show group? Oh, and win a Barbie each year?  That seems crazy.

We all know how she made show group, received a Barbie, was put in Gina's position in the triangle and even made the team.  No other girl with teeth like that has made the team, in fact Tina and Kelli have made fun of girls with mouths like hers.  Remember Tina (poor sport) was so mad at Kelli when she cut Victoria she didn't even come to friends and family night.  Kelli had no choice but to take Victoria the next year out of fear for what Tina would do.   

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dccfan321 said:

Once again, I never mentioned VK. And great thing is l, we all get an opinion. Or several! I’m glad Jalyn inspires you. There’s someone for everyone.

You never mentioned VK, but the comparison comes up because many believe (rightly or wrongly) that Jalyn was removed from Show Group because of VK. The inside story is (if I remember correctly) that Jalyn offered VK some advice on strengthening her core & the 💩 hit the fan -- landing Jalyn in the doghouse, off showgroup, & the mentioning/comparison of VK when Jalyn & Show Group are talked about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Jalyn should’ve never been removed from show group for VK, but I also don’t see what’s so special about her dancing. I’ve never noticed that she looks bad, but when I think about that group of rookies, I can name 5 or 6 off the top of my head that stand out to me more than her. I just assume that she’s a great dancer, because she was on show group as a rookie, but I’ve personally never seen a clip of her dancing (as DCC), where she has caught my eye. 

Wasn't Kelli gushing about her & her great dancing (& couldn't remember how to pronounce her name) her rookie training camp? Am I remembering that correctly? To go from a gushing Kelli to off show group, something happened . . .

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

We all know how she made show group, received a Barbie, was put in Gina's position in the triangle and even made the team.  No other girl with teeth like that has made the team, in fact Tina and Kelli have made fun of girls with mouths like hers.  Remember Tina (poor sport) was so mad at Kelli when she cut Victoria she didn't even come to friends and family night.  Kelli had no choice but to take Victoria the next year out of fear for what Tina would do.   

That AND, during her first training camp, she lied about having a medical condition, lied about going to the doctor about that medical condition, and then when caught threw Jinelle under the bus.  I hope it was worth it to Kelli to sacrifice all her credibility just to put a friend's underserving spawn on the team.

• Love 23
53 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Wasn't Kelli gushing about her & her great dancing (& couldn't remember how to pronounce her name) her rookie training camp? Am I remembering that correctly? To go from a gushing Kelli to off show group, something happened . . .

Oh, definitely. Kelli’s “unprofessional” comment was complete and utter BS. She was clearly throwing Jalyn under the bus to prop up VK and make Jalyn look bad. I’m simply saying that *I* have never seen a clip of Jalyn dancing as a DCC where she caught my eye. 

I do miss the pre-VK days where everything did not revolve around her - both on the show and in discussions. My opinion of each girl as a dancer has nothing to do with her or even my like or dislike of any particular girl. I like Briana and Brennan a lot, but I think both are blenders. I don’t like Rachel W, but I think she’s become a great dancer in DCC style ......

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, Lona said:

Oh dear. I hope that isn’t true. Jalyn helping Kelcey and Shaina was the sign of a great mentor and the act of a loyal teammate even though neither had made the squad yet. You would think those actions would be considered model DCC behavior by TPTB and would be enough to overrule any “complaints.”

I would hope it's encouraged for the vets to help out TCC's from out of town, who may not have a place to practice, who don't know anyone in Dallas, who need help getting around.  I would assume someone who grew up in the area, who has been with the same dance studio, who supposedly works there, would not have needed keys to another studio, or the extra guidance an out of towner might need.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope this year's rookies (assuming we have rookies this year) get more support than last year's group.  For instance Taylor P. chose to retire because she has a boyfriend who is black and she got some heat as a result.  It's shameful how these girls are pressured to conform to some ridiculous standard.

Hopefully they'll learn from this and treat Alanna better (she also has a Black boyfriend).

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh, definitely. Kelli’s “unprofessional” comment was complete and utter BS. She was clearly throwing Jalyn under the bus to prop up VK and make Jalyn look bad. I’m simply saying that *I* have never seen a clip of Jalyn dancing as a DCC where she caught my eye. 

I do miss the pre-VK days where everything did not revolve around her - both on the show and in discussions. My opinion of each girl as a dancer has nothing to do with her or even my like or dislike of any particular girl. I like Briana and Brennan a lot, but I think both are blenders. I don’t like Rachel W, but I think she’s become a great dancer in DCC style ......

I think the opposite of Jalyn, my eyes are often drawn to her in groups because she just has an extra pop to me and has a different look to the other girls.

Equally, I adore Briana and Brennan but I wouldn't put either of them in my 'star dancer' bracket i.e. show group.

However, I also feel that show group could be cut to about 10-12 as I feel a few on there are blenders (Lexie, Tess, Amy and Cianna from 2019-20 SG certainly).

I can seperate the dancer from the personality. I'm not crazy for Rachel W's personality/opinions but she has improved and deserves to be on SG now. I don't like VK but I don't take that into account when she dances; I simply don't think she's SG worthy now but could be in the future. 

This season, I'd love to see Taylor J, Erin, Chandi and Alanna possibly get a shot at SG, Jalyn should get hers back too.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I hope this year's rookies (assuming we have rookies this year) get more support than last year's group.  For instance Taylor P. chose to retire because she has a boyfriend who is black and she got some heat as a result.  It's shameful how these girls are pressured to conform to some ridiculous standard.

Wow. Who gave her heat?? Was it Kelli? You know, the one who posted a novella on insta about how she's "listening"?

20 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

My opinion of Jalyn doesn't (and wasn't) coinciding with any opinions of Victoria. Not sure why you mentioned her. I don’t have an opinion on Victoria really either way, but giving a “negative” personal opinion on Jalyn, isn’t mutually exclusive to comparing her to Victoria. I promise my opinions don’t revolve around comparing everyone to Victoria.

I never said you compared them. I was trying to explain why most of us think that Jalyn deserved her spot back. VK was the only new addition to SG that didn’t deserve it, so whether the rumors are true or not, VK did get a spot she didn’t deserve over Jalyn.

2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

You never mentioned VK, but the comparison comes up because many believe (rightly or wrongly) that Jalyn was removed from Show Group because of VK. The inside story is (if I remember correctly) that Jalyn offered VK some advice on strengthening her core & the 💩 hit the fan -- landing Jalyn in the doghouse, off showgroup, & the mentioning/comparison of VK when Jalyn & Show Group are talked about.

This ^^ Again, even if it’s not true, no sane person with eyes would say that VK is better than Jalyn at least in terms of pure ability (which is what SG is about). I don’t doubt that some people like her performance more or that in appearances her over the top bubbly personality may be a bit better than Jalyn’s calm presence.  But then don’t say that SG is about the best and more versatile dancers.

23 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Do you mean she got heat from management or from the other girls?

3 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

However, I also feel that show group could be cut to about 10-12 as I feel a few on there are blenders (Lexie, Tess, Amy and Cianna from 2019-20 SG certainly).

I can seperate the dancer from the personality. I'm not crazy for Rachel W's personality/opinions but she has improved and deserves to be on SG now. I don't like VK but I don't take that into account when she dances; I simply don't think she's SG worthy now but could be in the future. 

This season, I'd love to see Taylor J, Erin, Chandi and Alanna possibly get a shot at SG, Jalyn should get hers back too.

I agree with everything!

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I think the opposite of Jalyn, my eyes are often drawn to her in groups because she just has an extra pop to me and has a different look to the other girls.

Equally, I adore Briana and Brennan but I wouldn't put either of them in my 'star dancer' bracket i.e. show group.

Any videos of Jalyn? I’m willing to change my opinion on her dancing.  I definitely did on Rachel W. I thought she was soft her rookie year, but thought she was great last year. Ashley and Alanna are two others who didn’t wow me at first, but then they started to catch my eye in some of the videos. Then, there is someone like Bridget who always had a special performance quality that drew me in. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I completely agree with this. If you go back and watch Jalyn's rookie season,  she was one of the star rookies and was praised constantly for her power and style. I know Kelli had this strange fixation on changing her hair shade, but her and Judy loved Jalyn's dancing. I mean, Jalyn even slipped on stage and fell flat on her bum during show group auditions and still made it in. I can't help but think she got cut for some other reason outside of her dancing or was the unfortunate casualty to make room for someone new. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Hopefully they'll learn from this and treat Alanna better (she also has a Black boyfriend).

That's just bonkers if true...Nicole Bulcher's long term relationship before her now husband was also a black man.  And she was and is much beloved, even through her weight fluctuations.  Other white women on the squad have dated men of color, and some of the ladies of color have dated white men as well.  Sigh.  

I thought Taylor P was a weight fluctuator this year, and just got tired of all the BS.  

As for Jalyn, I think a lot of the forum outrage was based on a screencap that showed her name clearly written on  a scrap sheet of paper with a line crossed through it, and VK's name scribbled onto the side.

Could be that they started with the prior year's returning show group members and filled in the open spots as they went along, but definitely added fuel to the fire.  Jalyn's rookie class had five show group members, if I remember correctly.  I can't recall how many from VK's.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Are you saying K&J gave Taylor a hard time for having a black boyfriend?  If so, OMG!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

That's just bonkers if true...Nicole Bulcher's long term relationship before her now husband was also a black man.  And she was and is much beloved, even through her weight fluctuations.  Other white women on the squad have dated men of color, and some of the ladies of color have dated white men as well.  Sigh.  

I thought Taylor P was a weight fluctuator this year, and just got tired of all the BS.  

May be, or it could be she just perceived those negative reactions -- I'm just reporting what I have heard (from a few different sources).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

May be, or it could be she just perceived those negative reactions -- I'm just reporting what I have heard (from a few different sources).

Was it k and j that was giving her heat or some of the girls 

Just now, Holly85 said:

Was it k and j that was giving her heat or some of the girls 

Sorry, it's a good question, but I didn't get any specifics -- just that she didn't feel accepted because of that relationship.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sorry, it's a good question, but I didn't get any specifics -- just that she didn't feel accepted because of that relationship.

Thank you tho no big deal 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
On 7/27/2020 at 6:44 PM, dccfan321 said:

I know some people didn’t love the way Jalyn was removed from SG (she wasn’t the first and won’t be the last), but to me, there’s nothing special about her dancing or her looks. I feel like there’s a soft spot for her due to last year, but if that had not have happened, I probably couldn’t pick Jalyn out of a line up.

I agree with you, she is a really pretty lady but I have never noticed her dancing or pulling my attention towards het in a group. The point should be a eyecatcher for me 😄

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

I agree with you, she is a really pretty lady but I have never noticed her dancing or pulling my attention towards het in a group. The point should be a eyecatcher for me 😄

Anything would be better than what we had at point last year, bit the way things are going I would not be surprised if Maddie did 6 years, which means we get her at pont thiscyear and next. Then we go straight to Victoria as point for the remaining time she stays, which unless she gets pregnant or injured will be another 4 or 5 years

• Love 5
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Is it actually proven that Tina refused to come to a friends and family night out of anger? seems a bit overreacting imo

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Even if it was just her perception. It's sad that she felt that way

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Is it actually proven that Tina refused to come to a friends and family night out of anger? seems a bit overreacting imo

Vk didn’t go either 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

It was confirmed by multiple folks that neither VK or TK attended. Other girls who had been cut did attend. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I thought Taylor P was a weight fluctuator this year, and just got tired

Remember that Alexandria from season 12 left after a few games giving her grandmothers illness as the reason but it was actually the bullying that she was getting from the mean girl clique. Her comment to a friend of hers was "that is not a family!"

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, jlc said:

Remember that Alexandria from season 12 left after a few games giving her grandmothers illness as the reason but it was actually the bullying that she was getting from the mean girl clique. Her comment to a friend of hers was "that is not a family!"

When Alexandria left there were well documented Mean Girls on the squad.

I wonder who they are now...

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, jlc said:

Watching season 12 you do realize how "dysfunctional" the family was - besides Holly, Erica and Jenna, you had girls telling Kitty about Gina's behavior, Milan was "attacked" for choosing college over show group, Alexandria leaving, etc.

How many times on here have we discussed the way out of town girls seem to be treated.  It must be hard to move to a new city, not know anyone, and the other girls from here know each other, grew up together, danced together, etc.  Season 13 rookies are a close knit group.  Season 14 rookies don't seem to be.  How much will this year's TCC's be able to bond with everything going on?  

• Love 5

I don’t mind that VK and Tina skipped Meet the Team event that first year. IIRC, it was within a couple of days of her cut, and she was devastated, embarrassed and liked pissed AF at both herself and Kelli and Judy. Maybe if she had been cut just a few weeks in, she would have been better equipped to put on a brave face. But as unlikeable as VK can be, I’m not going to begrudge her sitting that one out.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8