Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Love the natural look VK has in that video. Looks fresher without the piles of makeup. Legs for days too. 

Well, she was always a pretty girl and then she was "DCC Barbie-fied" - teeth, hair color, heavy makeup, etc.  I just hope that she is maintaining her weight in a healthy manner.

• Love 7

Not a great rumba (more the choreo tbh) but if she gets the weight shifts right it might be decent. Ballroom is nothing like lyrical though... and I've done both for decades!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Tulip86 said:

Not a great rumba (more the choreo tbh) but if she gets the weight shifts right it might be decent. Ballroom is nothing like lyrical though... and I've done both for decades!

The ordinal choreographer for that dance does way better!!

• Love 1

This is why I love seasons 1 - 12 on Pluto. None of those seasons have Victoria in them. Why the hell is she now taking ballroom? She can't even do pom correctly. And to make matters worse, after ONE lesson she has full choreo and has posted a video on whatever it how many ever social platforms Kelly and Tina have put her on. I am not watching the show again until Veruca retires, which probably won't be until 2050 since she can't seem to do anything on her own merit, like gat a real job. Ok, rant over, but I meant every word!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Victoria did say that this was her first time taking a ballroom lesson and it was choreo she learned in 20 min.  I'm not a ballroom dancer (I did some swing dancing in college but that was it)  but I'm cutting her some slack if it's not "perfect".   🙂 

• Love 9

I was on vacation and couldn't figure out how to write via my phone so this may be a bit off topic but here, last week, the mayor of Philadelphia has put a moratorium on large gatherings, even outdoors, until February 8, 2021.  This is likely to include Eagles games - meaning no fans.  I am wondering if more cities employ this, would there even be a need for a 2020 team? 

I finally managed to jump in here (thanks mods!) after seeing the veteran list, has anyone heard about Taylor P? Did she get cut? Did she retire after her rookie year?

I also saw that the TCCs for this year don't feature any previous TCCs so it'll be interesting to see how the audition process plays out with the pandemic. I caught a small part of it on their podcast where they were going through the new online system, maybe they'll be able to keep that sort of process moving forward. It might broaden the scope of the auditions if they hold the first passes through online then group up for the final audition rather than having everyone come down to auditions in person.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Quoth said:

I finally managed to jump in here (thanks mods!) after seeing the veteran list, has anyone heard about Taylor P? Did she get cut? Did she retire after her rookie year?

I also saw that the TCCs for this year don't feature any previous TCCs so it'll be interesting to see how the audition process plays out with the pandemic. I caught a small part of it on their podcast where they were going through the new online system, maybe they'll be able to keep that sort of process moving forward. It might broaden the scope of the auditions if they hold the first passes through online then group up for the final audition rather than having everyone come down to auditions in person.

Taylor P was a last minute retirement.

The only returning TCC is Sheridan. 

9 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Yeah I am wondering what the similarities are in her mind...

46 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Agreed! They're almost as long as the teeth!

Where were you all when I was a kid?  My legs measure in at 42" from heel to hip (I'm 5'10" overall). I was always told my legs were just gangly and I was a giraffe.  I would have so preferred these kinds of comments!  LOL (well, maybe not the teeth one)

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Where were you all when I was a kid?  My legs measure in at 42" from heel to hip (I'm 5'10" overall). I was always told my legs were just gangly and I was a giraffe.  I would have so preferred these kinds of comments!  LOL (well, maybe not the teeth one)

Sorry, that was mean.  It's just hard to be a fan of VK given how she and her mom have treated the other girls.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, faxtar221 said:

I am surprised more people didn't choose Annabelle to make the final squad -- I was super impressed with her on Kelli's twitter!

I think I missed that moment on Twitter, what happened?

44 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I think she is cute and energetic but she doesn't scream "DCC" as much as some of the other TCC 

Oh that's Annabelle, she is pretty cute but not one of the 7 I voted for

10 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

TK is working hard to try and make that happen. 

She tried out for SYTYCD and "left" to focus on DCC.  Don't see her leaving the DCC bubble.  Though I do think she needs to get out of her comfort zone in more ways than one.

2 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Oh that's Annabelle, she is pretty cute but not one of the 7 I voted for

I can see her being Kelli's girl crush for this year so it may not matter if the judges didn't vote for her either:)

• Love 3
20 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Love the natural look VK has in that video. Looks fresher without the piles of makeup. Legs for days too. 

That was my first thought when I watched the video.  She truly doesn't need all that makeup (as I suspect is the case for many of the DCC).

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Hey TPTB, an idea for next year: natural DCC photos. I know they need the makeup spackled on and hair to the roof of the stadium, but when we see the ladies camping, or just minimal look (Kat especially), it’s more relatable and better for the younger fans. 

Anyone remember when Riverdance swept the world? I took a lesson. And went sailing across the floor on a step kick. 😂 So, if that’s 20 minutes of lessons, I’m impressed. 

Now back to the regular discussion of Covid and rookies. 😎

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She tried out for SYTYCD and "left" to focus on DCC.  Don't see her leaving the DCC bubble.  Though I do think she needs to get out of her comfort zone in more ways than one.

I can see her being Kelli's girl crush for this year so it may not matter if the judges didn't vote for her either:)

Nah I don't think she is Kellis girl crush at all. If I was her I would havw laughed too seeing her audition tap. She had fun. It seems like Claire W already has a big supporter knowing she is a favorite of Judy.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Nah I don't think she is Kellis girl crush at all. If I was her I would havw laughed too seeing her audition tap. She had fun. It seems like Claire W already has a big supporter knowing she is a favorite of Judy.

Btw ya'll, I was reading the 2016 posts and came across this picture od Robin, Sheridan and Whitney. I am really happy she is back and I will fully support her. I wonder if Tess and Maddie are also excited to see her back. (Knowing they were in the same training camp)

20200721_034902.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Honestly VK's body is more suited for this ballroom. Really showcases her legs and she doesn't have to hoist them up in the air like with lyrical. She's leg heavy. And that looks good here!

• Love 2

It’s late July. Are they planning on drastically cutting down on the material that tccs learn if they have training camp? Otherwise, if they haven’t started yet, it seems like they are quickly running out of time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Hey TPTB, an idea for next year: natural DCC photos. I know they need the makeup spackled on and hair to the roof of the stadium, but when we see the ladies camping, or just minimal look (Kat especially), it’s more relatable and better for the younger fans. 

The Dolphins did that & focused on them being athletes, I thought it was a great idea!

• Love 19
(edited)
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So did Holly P.  And Holly P could dance circles around VK.  I seriously doubt VK would have gotten far in SYTYCD, much less win it if she even got passed prelims.  And I agree, don't see her leaving the DCC bubble where K and TK have tried to sell her as a dance goddess. The only goddess I would see her as would be Nomi Malone's understudy in Showgirls.

Edited by rl27rl
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She doesn’t have the talent to go on SYTYCD. I’m not sure if it’s the same format in the US, but in our version each week they’re doing different styles. She can only do lyrical and she isn’t even that great at it.

20 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

That was my first thought when I watched the video.  She truly doesn't need all that makeup (as I suspect is the case for many of the DCC).

For performances, they absolutely need the heavy makeup. I don’t think they need the smokey eyes/dramatic eyes for non televised appearances though.

10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Honestly VK's body is more suited for this ballroom. Really showcases her legs and she doesn't have to hoist them up in the air like with lyrical. She's leg heavy. And that looks good here!

Uhm, absolutely not. She can’t do actual ballroom/latin, she needs to be extremely fast and still controlled and that’s her biggest weakness. She did an extremely slow choreo and yes it is a beginner’s class, but she needs to move her body in a completely different way (sorry, can’t explain what I mean in english, maybe other posters have tried ballroom and can help me with this) that just doesn’t seem natural with her “heavy” movements. And yes she dances heavy, but she isn’t real-world heavy.

She might become better, but she needs to spend a lot of time training and considering that it has nothing to do with pom, I don’t see why she would put in that much time.

• Love 8
On 7/20/2020 at 3:55 PM, scorpio1031 said:

She tried out for SYTYCD and "left" to focus on DCC. 

I remember hearing about this.  Given the number of dancers who audition for this and the high caliber of dancers who make it through to the televised rounds, I remember thinking that Victoria would have trumpeted to everyone that she made it that far based on what we'd seen of her at the time.  The fact that she claimed she left the show to focus on the DCC made me and a lot of other people think she didn't make it past the open auditions and the "reason" she gave was to cover the fact that she wasn't the caliber she, Tina and Kelli have been trying to portray her as having.

8 hours ago, rl27rl said:

So did Holly P.  And Holly P could dance circles around VK.  I seriously doubt VK would have gotten far in SYTYCD, much less win it if she even got passed prelims.  And I agree, don't see her leaving the DCC bubble where K and TK have tried to sell her as a dance goddess. The only goddess I would see her as would be Nomi Malone's understudy in Showgirls.

Holly P. made it a decent way into auditions and even then didn't make it despite being leagues better then most, if not all, the other DCCs of her time.  If I remember correctly, Victoria didn't even make it past the open auditions much less into the prelims.  Given the high caliber of dancers we've seen on SYTYCD, I'm not surprised that she didn't make out of the open calls.  One of the requirements is that dancers be able to perform hip hop, jazz, ballroom, ballet, tap, modern, and many other styles as well as be able to perform whether solo or with a partner.  We've never seen Victoria work with a partner.  A group, yes, but a single partner? No.  In addition, at the time, we'd only seen her perform lyrical and modern with a bit of power pom and not at the level needed for either SYTYCD or the DCC.  Even then, she wasn't anywhere close to being clean, precise, powerful, or anything else besides average.  A dance goddess?  Only in her mind and the minds of Kelli and Tina. 

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

She doesn’t have the talent to go on SYTYCD. I’m not sure if it’s the same format in the US, but in our version each week they’re doing different styles. She can only do lyrical and she isn’t even that great at it.

Uhm, absolutely not. She can’t do actual ballroom/latin, she needs to be extremely fast and still controlled and that’s her biggest weakness. She did an extremely slow choreo and yes it is a beginner’s class, but she needs to move her body in a completely different way (sorry, can’t explain what I mean in english, maybe other posters have tried ballroom and can help me with this) that just doesn’t seem natural with her “heavy” movements. And yes she dances heavy, but she isn’t real-world heavy.

She might become better, but she needs to spend a lot of time training and considering that it has nothing to do with pom, I don’t see why she would put in that much time.

I totally agree regarding SYTYCD and see above for my reasons.  While that video of Victoria doing ballroom is decent (those legs are freaking amazing, but the rest of her? Meh!), especially for it being her first time, if she wants to get better, she needs to put in a lot more time and effort to get better.  That is something I doubt she'll do.  She's had all these years to get better at the dancing she's already doing and I find her to be proficient, but average at best.  That tells me she either thinks she doesn't need to get better because she's already amazing (which she isn't by any stretch of the imagination when compared to so many others) or she's too lazy to actually put in the work needed to get there.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Well it's like the "thut"  girl's response--that's what God gave her.

To be fair, in some of her old photos that have been shared, she looks just fine. Apparently she’s done something (veneers?) and it made her teeth look way bigger.

If she did do something, TK’s comments about that poor tcc (Chandler?) are even worse considering that was about the time VK did this to herself...

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I actually didn't mind VK's latest video, and thought she looked very pretty without all of the makeup. However, NO WAY did she fairly beat out Jalyn for show group with that mess! I'm still bitter, and now, if the DCC don't have a season (I don't know anything, just speculating), Jalyn won't have the redemption arc that I've been hoping for her!

• Love 22

I don't mind the video of Victoria that much. those legs.....are incredible, but she needs to strengthen her core. everything she has issues with, heaviness, spins, control comes from lack in the core. she needs 2 to 3 hours several times a week of basic barre ballet. not routines, not fun dancing, repetitive technique instruction. the she has potential and certainly the body, but how did she get this far without the basics. Even when I was dancing professionally with stage dancing, I still took daily class in ballet and got yelled at for any bad habits or posture. It sucks. It is boring. But it works. I am glad she is trying other styles of dance but her movement is too loose. It needs to be strong, precise, and controlled for that style. Core and basic barre training. 

• Love 19
21 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lisa is flying to Arkansas for a week to help with a dance camp 

0971BAD7-7BF5-48AF-9089-9AD67FD98778.jpeg

You could literally bounce a quarter off her abs.

That’s not a great angle for her legs - she is tiny and looks thick when she isn’t. 

I wish more people liked her. I kinda like her. 

• Love 5
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Check out this Cameo: https://v.cameo.com/XuMNmKCHk8

kellis new cameo 

She was late wishing him happy birthday and then made excuses.  She tells the girls there is no excuse to be late.  Everyone is busy, that was really rude to charge $120  for the video, not even fix your hair plus be so late.  Do those videos really cost $120?

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 12