Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

47 minutes ago, CailynA said:

I LOVE Kat's natural curls! I think she's so much more gorgeous natural but if she chooses to wear wigs  bc it's easier for her I won't fault her for that.

I'm the same way - whatever is easier for the girls, whatever protects their natural hair - they are the ones who have to spend the time on it.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Kat is quite brave to go somewhere other than Tangerine, which Kelli pretty much insists they go to (even though there are MUCH better salons in Dallas).  I wish the DCC would allow women of color to show their natural hair and not cover up with wigs.

She is beautiful and I love her natural hair. I also would like to see her in her natural element on the field. 

• Love 7
On 7/13/2020 at 7:08 PM, DutchDCCfan said:

Yes she was a mess in TC 2018 but I think she did a good enough job in 2019 to add her to the squad and defintetly didn't deserved to be called a elephant or Miss Piggy. 

DUTCHDCCFAN,

Your first post was on Friday, and in that post you said, “The 2019 season will finally be on TV in a few weeks here so I am excited to finally watch it fully.” So I’m confused what you based your above statement (made three days later) on that VK did a “good enough job in 2019”?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, TB12 said:

One of my TX friends just said he thinks TX is going to announce another state lockdown very soon wonder where that leaves training camp... 

I live in Texas but we’re currently vacationing in Florida and we got that same word today about another lockdown. We may have to stay here! The beaches are uncrowded and peaceful!

Edited by CmplxSimon
Typo
  • Love 4

(Hair is a very personal decision, and I'm uncomfortable that Kat's hair always appears to be so heavily debated as though Kat's opinion and needs are not what is solely important. All of the cheerleaders should have the freedom to style their hair as they please, and it's extremely suspect of management that we don't see natural hair representation on the squad.  But I don't think Kat should bear the burden as the poster child of this issue, and I can't imagine how she feels about people constantly saying that one style is better than the other on her- it's her (beautiful) head!.  The issue is management, not Kat.)

If there is a new lock-down that prevents training camp, I wonder if Charlotte is going to reduce the squad number this year to a limited number veterans and just move on.  I'll be sad if we don't get a new MTT season, but I just think management will be at a point to 'fish or cut bait' on squad size and members if training camp can't go forward.  In general I can't see the cheerleaders being hired for personal appearances this next year or running clinics, and I wonder if this isn't already be discussed by the higher-ups. 

• Love 17
(edited)
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

DUTCHDCCFAN,

Your first post was on Friday, and in that post you said, “The 2019 season will finally be on TV in a few weeks here so I am excited to finally watch it fully.” So I’m confused what you based your above statement (made three days later) on that VK did a “good enough job in 2019”?

There is something called "internet" i haven't seen every episode fully and some the episodes were blurry. There is that. I know some can't stand the fact Victoria is a DCC but I can 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DutchDCCfan
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, IrishJig said:

(Hair is a very personal decision, and I'm uncomfortable that Kat's hair always appears to be so heavily debated as though Kat's opinion and needs are not what is solely important. All of the cheerleaders should have the freedom to style their hair as they please, and it's extremely suspect of management that we don't see natural hair representation on the squad.  But I don't think Kat should bear the burden as the poster child of this issue, and I can't imagine how she feels about people constantly saying that one style is better than the other on her- it's her (beautiful) head!.  The issue is management, not Kat.)

I completely agree on Kat. My intention on posting the picture was to share how beautiful her natural hair is but if it is her decision to wear wigs (which I said in a subsequent post) then I will back her on that. I have curly hair and it is for sure not DCC ready every day of the week but it is my personal choice not to straighten it. I would love for more girls to have their naturally curly hair on the sidelines but for whatever reason that isn't happening except for a few select girls who all have pretty much the same curl type (Maddie, Amanda, Cianna). The only thing with Kat's wigs that bother me a little is that the hairline is always slightly out of place, like maybe they are too far forward? Otherwise I think long hair looks beautiful on her as well. 

The saddest hair makeover in my opinion will always be Brandi Kilby, she had beautiful curls that she obviously wanted to keep but they called her a stripper and straightened her hair and she couldn't say no.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, IrishJig said:

If there is a new lock-down that prevents training camp, I wonder if Charlotte is going to reduce the squad number this year to a limited number veterans and just move on.  I'll be sad if we don't get a new MTT season, but I just think management will be at a point to 'fish or cut bait' on squad size and members if training camp can't go forward.  In general I can't see the cheerleaders being hired for personal appearances this next year or running clinics, and I wonder if this isn't already be discussed by the higher-ups. 

Im sure they are already discussing it. I am also sure that if there is another shut down that the Jones Family will be informed if it in advance. They won't be hearing about it for the first time with the general public.

8 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

The saddest hair makeover in my opinion will always be Brandi Kilby, she had beautiful curls that she obviously wanted to keep but they called her a stripper and straightened her hair and she couldn't say no.

I will never understand how they saw 'stripper'. Girl was beautiful and had beautiful hair and didn't look trashy at all. Especially when compared to all the horrible trashy costumes that everyone used to wear for their solos back in the day. Cough..Colin in the nurses costume..cough..

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, IrishJig said:

and I'm uncomfortable that Kat's hair always appears to be so heavily debated as though Kat's opinion and needs are not what is solely important.

Well it's either Kat's hair or VK's dancing until someone thinks of something else.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

I highly doubt there will be another Texas shutdown. I saw an interview with Governor Abbott yesterday and he stated he has no plans to shut the state down again. I have heard rumors that there is going to be another shutdown almost everyday for the last month and none have been credible. 

• Love 2
On 7/14/2020 at 7:36 PM, CmplxSimon said:

I live in Texas but we’re currently vacationing in Florida and we got that same word today about another lockdown. We may have to stay here! The beaches are uncrowded and peaceful!

I thought they had closed their beaches?

9 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

I thought they had closed their beaches?

Not at all. In fact the resort where we are has chairs for rent side by side. We went and bought our own, and set up away from other people but it seems to be business as usual. We’ve only had food delivery or eaten outside, but everything is open, even the spa. We haven’t been out much so I don’t know about bars but normal tourist stuff yeah 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I will never understand how they saw 'stripper'. Girl was beautiful and had beautiful hair and didn't look trashy at all.

Especially when you consider that she was auditioning to wear a uniform that consists of half a blouse, a very short vest, very short shorts and go-go boots. ☺️

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, CmplxSimon said:

Not at all. In fact the resort where we are has chairs for rent side by side. We went and bought our own, and set up away from other people but it seems to be business as usual. We’ve only had food delivery or eaten outside, but everything is open, even the spa. We haven’t been out much so I don’t know about bars but normal tourist stuff yeah 

Sounds like you're being smart.  Good on you.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, JayDKay said:

I will never understand how they saw 'stripper'. Girl was beautiful and had beautiful hair and didn't look trashy at all. Especially when compared to all the horrible trashy costumes that everyone used to wear for their solos back in the day. Cough..Colin in the nurses costume..cough..

The same Kelli that thought Brandi looked like a stripper was the same Kelli that called Andrea's solo (in Season 1 - the slutty cop outfit with knee-high boots with heels) "captivating" as the men in the panel were saying "oh, arrest me!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

The same Kelli that thought Brandi looked like a stripper was the same Kelli that called Andrea's solo (in Season 1 - the slutty cop outfit with knee-high boots with heels) "captivating" as the men in the panel were saying "oh, arrest me!"

And when the girls wear slightly baggy costumes that cover their tummies, Kelli is suspicious that they are hiding their weight.  Which honestly, if that's the case, they can't hide it for long, cause then they go to sports bra and booty shorts for the field routine/kick line portion.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

On Maddies Insta stories right now there is a photo which shows they are currently doing stadium tours with the public. So maybe dcc training isnt that far off

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

On Maddies Insta stories right now there is a photo which shows they are currently doing stadium tours with the public. So maybe dcc training isnt that far off

They'd be idiots to have training camp anytime soon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
35 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Has it ever happened that someone else got point over the point of the previous year?

Example: KaShara became was in 2017 but Lacey got point in 2018 instead of KaShara

KaShara was point her final two years..she never lost point.  🙂  She got it when Jenna was removed and she stayed there.  Lacey was never point.

I don't know if you just were making up an example...so forgive me if that is what you were doing 🙂  I can't think of any time that I've seen a point person get point then have someone chosen the next year.  From what I've seen, the point person is either point for two years or they retire after they were there for a year.  I gladly welcome any corrections 🙂  

30 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

KaShara was point her final two years..she never lost point.  🙂  She got it when Jenna was removed and she stayed there.  Lacey was never point.

I don't know if you just were making up an example...so forgive me if that is what you were doing 🙂  I can't think of any time that I've seen a point person get point then have someone chosen the next year.  From what I've seen, the point person is either point for two years or they retire after they were there for a year.  I gladly welcome any corrections 🙂  

Who was in the triangle that year with Kashara and jenna? I can never remember

On 7/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, kalibean said:

Oh man, there used to sort of be one off northwest highway that we always went to for Halloween costumes back in the day. Or festive lingerie options. I can’t remember the name of the large store for the life of me but there was also a “novelty shop” in that strip mall and maybe a beauty shop?  I think it might have been electrique boutique. If you look back at some of those early solo costumes some pieces were straight up out of that store too. 

Cutting out props seem to have cut way down on the train wreck themed solos, which is a bummer from an entertainment perspective but definitely reflects the higher quality dancers in these later seasons. 

There was an Electrique Boutique on Greenville for a long time!  It was definitely a stripper store haha.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

With the cases in Texas at a very high daily rate I could see this being a challenge for sure. 

@ShellyB any idea when in person TC will happen? 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

It was a random example yeah haha

So this mean we are stuck with Maddie as point I guess....  no offense to her but the point should be a eyecatcher and while Maddie is cute, she ain't a eyecatcher for me

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Maybe they’ll give Maddie the shorter point slot that Amy has this past year, then give Caroline or one of the strong third years the second spot. 

Probably not, but between Kashara and last year’s mess who knows? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

IDK where to put this, so it goes here since it’s a question about TCCs vs DCCs.

@ShellyB I notice the TCC never do the “123 DCC”  Is that something only DCC are allowed to do?  During my sorority days, there were things pledges were restricted from wearing or saying when it came to our letters and the sisters took it very serious.  They hadn’t earned the right yet.  Just curious if this similar.  Thanks 🥰👍🏽

• Useful 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

Maybe they’ll give Maddie the shorter point slot that Amy has this past year, then give Caroline or one of the strong third years the second spot. 

Probably not, but between Kashara and last year’s mess who knows? 

I secretly hope they will skip Maddie as point and put her next to Lexie in the triangle and have a 3rd year vet as point (Caroline, Amber or Rachel W)

I am really loving Rachel A's short hair btw, it looks great on her

Edited by DutchDCCfan
  • Love 9
On 7/14/2020 at 3:54 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Kat is quite brave to go somewhere other than Tangerine, which Kelli pretty much insists they go to (even though there are MUCH better salons in Dallas).  I wish the DCC would allow women of color to show their natural hair and not cover up with wigs.

If she gets cut in training camp we've already found the reason lol.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

I secretly hope they will skip Maddie as point and put her next to Lexie in the triangle and have a 3rd year vet as point (Caroline, Amber or Rachel W)

Brennan for point! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Who is gonna be the girl of this year that is gonna be the the one doing DCC for exposure only and will rerite after 1 year? 😂

We have had

2016: Tasha

2017: Kalyssa

2018: Rachel W

2019: Amanda

Edited by DutchDCCfan
2 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Who is gonna be the girl of this year that is gonna be the the one doing DCC for exposure only and will rerite after 1 year? 😂

We have had

Tasha did 3 years Rachel w is going into her 3rd year Amanda is going into her second 

• Love 16

Here’s some of my random DCC thoughts:

1. Holding training camp would be a nightmare. You can’t dance 5 hours in a mask. I teach four right now. It’s not fun. I see a lockdown coming.

2. Whoever said Vic reminds them of Caila, me too!! Unfortunately for caila, her mom wasn’t Kelli’s bff. 
3. I don’t think VK looks fat at all, but she does have a bit of a tummy. However, it’s not alarming or anything.

4. I just watched that Andrea Richards solo about five minutes ago and Brooke S. Talking about how nervous she was following her. Her pirouettes were way better than Andrea’s! 🤣

5. I was in Frisco Wednesday (Thursday) and a lot of restaurants are back to carry out/drive thru. 

6. tangerine sucks! Some of those girls have prettier hair BEFORE they get their hands on it. Kat’s hair is gorgeous. Kat is a beautiful girl. She could wear a paper bag and get noticed.

7. Kelli needs to leave the room with VK like they made Judy do with Cassie. (Not that it would matter.)
8. as far as new candidates, Claire W. Seems like the total package. I love Alora Rose. I’m also worried none of them will make the team because we won’t have the team or a football season. ☹️

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Tasha did 3 years Rachel w is going into her 3rd year Amanda is going into her second 

I know, I am reading the 2016 thread now and I see people commenting how Tasha was only there for exposure and such, just like I saw being said about Rachel W and Amanda 😂 I wondered if I will see those this year too

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

WHEW! A lot to talk about today haha.

23 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

You and me both. It compliments her SOOOOO well!
hc2LiyF.jpg

15 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Who is gonna be the girl of this year that is gonna be the the one doing DCC for exposure only and will retire after 1 year? 😂

We have had

Ok so I know you clarified this downthread but I wanna make clear one thing: I am not a total, 100% Rachel W. fan, but one thing I would never criticize her for is being there just for the "exposure." Furthermore, apart from the beauty factor she is an extremely talented dancer, well-spoken and imo a great ambassador and I for one will be crushed when she retires.

Not gonna try to argue over Kalyssa though. That was, well um ... to quote a current DCC "I have no words."

13 hours ago, tteek74 said:

as far as new candidates, Claire W. Seems like the total package. I love Alora Rose. I’m also worried none of them will make the team because we won’t have the team or a football season. ☹️

Yeah, I'm really digging Claire W. Seems like a sweet girl and great dancer. Really dig Elli also. But yeah, I'm cautious about getting too "attached" to any candidates for the time being.

Edited by Lona
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Lona said:

WHEW! A lot to talk about today haha.

You and me both. It compliments her SOOOOO well!
hc2LiyF.jpg

Ok so I know you clarified this downthread but I wanna make clear one thing: I am not a total, 100% Rachel W. fan, but one thing I would never criticize her for is being there just for the "exposure." Furthermore, apart from the beauty factor she is an extremely talented dancer, well-spoken and imo a great ambassador and I for one will be crushed when she retires.

Not gonna try to argue over Kalyssa though. That was, well um ... to quote a current DCC "I have no words."

Yeah, I'm really digging Claire W. Seems like a sweet girl and great dancer. Really dig Elli also. But yeah, I'm cautious about getting too "attached" to any candidates for the time being.

It looks really mature and fiesty in her. that whole photo is incredible. She quickly became one of my favorites on the current squad alongside Rachel W, Kelcey and Amber!!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

I know, I am reading the 2016 thread now and I see people commenting how Tasha was only there for exposure and such, just like I saw being said about Rachel W and Amanda 😂 I wondered if I will see those this year too

I don’t really remember Tasha and Rachel to be criticized for this to be honest. I know we all thought they would be one and done, but not that they were doing it for exposure. At least in rachel case, I doubt she got more exposure out of dcc than her title

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DutchDCCfan said:

The poll I opened last Wednesday/Thursday and these are the 7 ladies that will make the squad according to the forum!

I am curious to see how many we wil get right

yhgtrfe.PNG

Who would be the 8th girl if they took 37