Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Neither is the NFL, and given that DCC training camp could be held safely without being in a bubble (small groups in a larger space or outdoors), I would assume this is being done so they can film the show. It also provides a topical storyline and makes it look like the organization cares about the health and welfare of the cheerleaders. Since they have a history of not caring about that and the lax attitude toward the pandemic in Texas in general, I honestly question whether this is actually a serious effort or just window dressing. I hope the cheerleaders are being better compensated for it.

I would also be shocked if the NFL allows non-essential personnel on the sidelines or field during the season, so I think the whole thing is moot anyway. The Jets aren't allowed to have fans at games and it looks like the Flight Crew hasn't posted an update for what they're doing about the season--I'd be very interested to see what they end up deciding.

Most sports on the planet currently arent allowed spectators. There are a few who are allowing very diluted numbers. 

In New Zealand we are allowed full crowds, but we have no active cases in the community and the few cases we have are people already in mandatory government quarantine as they have just returned from somewhere overseas. Our border is also hard locked for 99% of the world. You can only get in if you are a citizen or if you have Permenant Residency and are deemed essential by the govt.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why, is VK a toddler that can’t be left alone in the house? Or was she so sad about getting cut that she needed to be physically next to her mom 24/7 to get through it?

Because she simply isn't obligated ago, I really don't see the problem

2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Ashley is KILLING it, love her!!! 🙂

Or who will be so bummed they got HER for a roommate, someone is going to get the unlucky draw, or perhaps her mommy will get her a private...

I wouldn't mind living with any of the ladies, So if I would get HER as roommate I am fine with it

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Because she simply isn't obligated ago, I really don't see the problem

I wouldn't mind living with any of the ladies, So if I would get HER as roommate I am fine with it

Yeah, but all girls are showing up and it’s one of the unspoken rules that you need to act like everything is fine and you’re supporting the team anyway. And TK has always been part of all alumnae events so yes it’s bad “manners” to suddenly not go that specific year. Nothing weird in the real world, but it’s definitely a huge offense in dcc world. Much like lying or putting on a lot of weight or falling during prelims. Apart from lying, I’m sure we’d all “forgive” the rest during an audition process, but Kelli doesn’t.

Do you think that if TC does start, we will get to hear any updates? Hope we’ll soon have something new to talk about!

• Love 15

I know a few mentioned they might put them up in the hotel but isnt that were the players are being kept?

I highly doubt they would put the players bubble at risk by putting the girls up there also.

We all know kelly doesnt like the girls fraternizing with the players, and this would just be asking for trouble, on top of the covid issue

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Jesiklyn said:

I know a few mentioned they might put them up in the hotel but isnt that were the players are being kept?

I highly doubt they would put the players bubble at risk by putting the girls up there also.

We all know kelly doesnt like the girls fraternizing with the players, and this would just be asking for trouble, on top of the covid issue

IF they are using the same hotel I imagine they are floors apart but even so all of them would be restricted to working out at Cowboys Fit at the Star so unless they have assigned times for the players and the cheerleaders to keep them apart they will interact at some point. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

15 hours ago, NewfanofDCC said:

All of the tcc’s are in Texas. Some have been here since last week, but they were all required to be here by today at the latest.  

Doesn’t look like jaycie and Darian are 

You are right, thanks. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, CailynA said:

IF they are using the same hotel I imagine they are floors apart but even so all of them would be restricted to working out at Cowboys Fit at the Star so unless they have assigned times for the players and the cheerleaders to keep them apart they will interact at some point. 

The players are just practicing at the Star—they’re allowed to live at home. 

I’m sure these girls will not be asked to share a room. I’m predicting they all have their own room and will be locked away from the public.  I dont think this is for show,  I do believe Kelli wants safety for the girls.  Sounds like rookies will start this weekend and veterans join a week later. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, NewfanofDCC said:

I’m sure these girls will not be asked to share a room. I’m predicting they all have their own room and will be locked away from the public.  I dont think this is for show,  I do believe Kelli wants safety for the girls.  Sounds like rookies will start this weekend and veterans join a week later. 

Sunday is check in time according to kelli 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, CailynA said:

so the players aren't in a bubble

No but I’ve read some of the rules that are in place from them reported by espn they are subject to not playing if they get caught anywhere besides practice and home oh and even if it’s a home game they have to spend the night before the game in a hotel room 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3

Awww!!  Taylor J is raising funds to help teachers get supplies for their classrooms.  We won’t even go into why that has to be done 🤬.  But how will Taylor get ready for school if she’s in a bubble?  

Or Kelcey’s job as a nurse?

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Jennv said:

So she said they would all be sequestered together. Like a jury then, they are all staying together in a hotel,  i assume. It seems like it would defeat the purpose unless it was closed to rhe general public while they are there. Or maybe Jerry has an extra house they are all in together, hell, he has more money than God. 

They should ask the Florida Marlins how keeping everyone together worked on their away game to Philadelphia.  And for those who haven't seen, 15 of 33 Marlins players who traveled to Philadelphia for the season opener had tested positive for COVID-19 as of yesterday.  Those numbers are close to what training camp will hold.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

They should ask the Florida Marlins how keeping everyone together worked on their away game to Philadelphia.  And for those who haven't seen, 15 of 33 Marlins players who traveled to Philadelphia for the season opener had tested positive for COVID-19 as of yesterday.  Those numbers are close to what training camp will hold.  

They weren’t keeping everyone together they were going home every night !! The ladies will live at the hotel until they are either cut or tcc is over 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They weren’t keeping everyone together they were going home every night !! The ladies will live at the hotel until they are either cut or tcc is over 

Or they run screaming out of there cause they are tired of it:)  Now I would love to see that!

• LOL 14
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The 33 were together for the road games in Philadelphia.  Of those, 15 tested positive.  They weren't going home when they were in Philadelphia and (presumably) were in the same hotel.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

The 33 were together for the road games in Philadelphia.  Of those, 15 tested positive.  They weren't going home when they were in Philadelphia and (presumably) were in the same hotel.

Edited by Holly85
Never mind

The players were also being tested every two days which is how it was caught so early since it appears everyone is pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic (or was when the story broke on Monday). Perhaps the Jones family is paying for a similar testing situation but even still, it didn’t stop positive folks from flying on a plane, riding a bus, and playing a baseball game against another team, exposing countless others who aren’t part of what ever “bubble” MLB players have. 

I hope, for everyone’s safety and health, that the women come through this training camp, but it seems like an unnecessary risk given we don’t know that there is going to be an NFL season, much less one with cheerleaders.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I hope, for everyone’s safety and health, that the women come through this training camp, but it seems like an unnecessary risk given we don’t know that there is going to be an NFL season, much less one with cheerleaders.

Agreed. It seems insane to me.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

The players were also being tested every two days which is how it was caught so early since it appears everyone is pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic (or was when the story broke on Monday). Perhaps the Jones family is paying for a similar testing situation but even still, it didn’t stop positive folks from flying on a plane, riding a bus, and playing a baseball game against another team, exposing countless others who aren’t part of what ever “bubble” MLB players have. 

The nfl has stipulated there will be daily tests after the initial every 2 day tests for the first week. They are slowly building a pretty robust policy and the Jones have nothing to do with it. They have to do what league and the players union agree too.

Also the teams don't fly commercial and have to wear masks when travelling so that heavily limits the exposure risks.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

The nfl has stipulated there will be daily tests after the initial every 2 day tests for the first week. They are slowly building a pretty robust policy and the Jones have nothing to do with it. They have to do what league and the players union agree too.

Also the teams don't fly commercial and have to wear masks when travelling so that heavily limits the exposure risks.

I muddled my thoughts when posting, but I meant that perhaps the Cowboys / Jones family will do something similar for the cheerleaders.

Even flying private and traveling on the team bus, someone(s) had to fly the plane and drive the bus and work in the locker room, etc etc etc. I hope players are being good about wearing masks while traveling, but given what I've seen on TV with the baseball team I watch, some players are good about masks and distancing and some are not. It only takes one (as we've seen from the Marlins) to cause a real outbreak.

These women have obviously assessed the risk to their health and those around them and decided it's worth it, so all I want is for them to be right and stay healthy.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, NewfanofDCC said:

I’ve never seen Kelli do anything to actually support the girls so I doubt she cares much about their safety. Hotels aren’t a safe haven, they need to disrupt their daily lives and work for a part time job and it’s all done for the show. Without the show, they’d have gone with a vets only squad like everyone else and be done with it.

1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

While I’m glad they’re taking these steps, it’s also heartbreaking that so many people can’t pay to get that test done once and the NFL (and a lot of entertainment companies) are able to obtain that many tests for something that isn’t even essential.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

Ok I was in a bubble and completely missed everything going on here. VK GOT CUT!?!!!? When? How? 

This is in reference to when she was cut from TC the first time she auditioned.  🙂

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’ve never seen Kelli do anything to actually support the girls so I doubt she cares much about their safety. Hotels aren’t a safe haven, they need to disrupt their daily lives and work for a part time job and it’s all done for the show. Without the show, they’d have gone with a vets only squad like everyone else and be done with it.

While I’m glad they’re taking these steps, it’s also heartbreaking that so many people can’t pay to get that test done once and the NFL (and a lot of entertainment companies) are able to obtain that many tests for something that isn’t even essential.

It has been taking 10 - 14 days to get test results back in Dallas.  Farmers Branch Texas is just now offering the rapid test with 15 minutes results.  They will not take insurance and it costs $199.00.  I am sure every tcc will be taking the rapid test.  I wish it was available to everyone that wants a test.  There aren't enough of those test yet and once again selfish Kelli feels she is entitled to get them for tc.  Just so she can be on MTT.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

For this to work at all, the girls need to be responsible in the days leading up to TC and yet: 1) Lisa taught a dance class last night.  If you go to her Instagram story, you can see that nobody had masks on; 2) Kristin was at dinner with friends last night, and nobody was wearing masks; and 3) Marissa had her eyebrows done yesterday -- what a stupid risk to take this close to TC.

In short, these girls aren't responsible enough for this to be done safely. 

I would want to know what the rules are at next step dance were she teaches for sure ? If they aren’t following protocols they need to be shut down 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

For this to work at all, the girls need to be responsible in the days leading up to TC and yet: 1) Lisa taught a dance class last night.  If you go to her Instagram story, you can see that nobody had masks on; 2) Kristin was at dinner with friends last night, and nobody was wearing masks; and 3) Marissa had her eyebrows done yesterday -- what a stupid risk to take this close to TC.

In short, these girls aren't responsible enough for this to be done safely. 

True. The reason why the NBA bubble seems to be working so far is because it’s so strict, and players are quarantined before they enter it, not only when they’re there. If someone is out with friends 3 days before they enter the “bubble,” then it’s not a real bubble and defeats the purpose of having it. This also goes to the issue of how the DCCs are being paid though. I don’t blame Lisa for teaching a class if that’s her other job. Are they supposed to quit their other, non-DCC jobs? I assume that many of the girls with corporate jobs are working remotely anyway, but what about those who are not? I’m curious to see how this works out. 

• Love 9
(edited)

What is so bad is that these girls aren’t just taking these risks, THEY ARE BROADCASTING IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA! Kelli must be beside herself at this irresponsible behavior. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

What is so bad is that these girls aren’t just taking these risks, THEY ARE BRAGGING ABOUT IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA! Kelli must be beside herself at this irresponsible behavior. 

If your talking abt how the girls were happy abt getting eyebrows done !! My cousin is a waxer I went the other day to where she works and I can tell you my cousin takes every precaution 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Who was bragging ? 

Well, they’re sharing photos of themselves doing these risky things. I edited to clarify. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, they’re sharing photos of themselves doing these risky things. I edited to clarify. 

My cousin is an eyebrow waxer I went the other day and all the precautions she takes I felt so safe 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

My cousin is an eyebrow waxer I went the other day and all the precautions she takes I felt so safe 

I don’t think the girls are supposed to be taking  any risks leading up to the “bubble.”

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don’t think the girls are supposed to be taking  any risks leading up to the “bubble.”

I think bc the team has gotten so much younger they're somewhat immature & about being seen rather than being responsible. I can't imagine say Sunni Cranfill or Natalie Woods being so reckless... 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

True. The reason why the NBA bubble seems to be working so far is because it’s so strict, and players are quarantined before they enter it, not only when they’re there. If someone is out with friends 3 days before they enter the “bubble,” then it’s not a real bubble and defeats the purpose of having it. This also goes to the issue of how the DCCs are being paid though. I don’t blame Lisa for teaching a class if that’s her other job. Are they supposed to quit their other, non-DCC jobs? I assume that many of the girls with corporate jobs are working remotely anyway, but what about those who are not? I’m curious to see how this works out. 

Yeah I mean no offense, but I think their actual jobs pay them more than what is supposedly a part time job. Unless they are getting paid more this season as a compensation, I don’t see how they can stop these girls from making a living?

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

What is so bad is that these girls aren’t just taking these risks, THEY ARE BROADCASTING IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA! Kelli must be beside herself at this irresponsible behavior. 

That’s an issue I have with current dcc: you choose to get a job with really low benefits for the amount of effort you put into, mainly because it’s your chance at becoming a “local celebrity” and gaining an audience for your SM. Which is fine, but them you gotta deal with what being a public figure means, especially when you’re trying to convince us that community service and being a role model is why you wanted to be a cheerleader.

As for Kelli being beside herself, eh... She’s the one choosing to have a TC and film a show during a pandemic so I don’t see how she’s being the definition of responsibility. And given the many rules and restrictions these girls normally have, I’d assume Kelli already gave them a binder full of new rules, so if she found these things offensive, Lisa and Kristin would have been cut already.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

That still won’t prevent them from possibly getting COVID. They will still have workers entering the building daily to cook, clean etc. This was a foolish move on the organization and I’m betting it’s happening to produce a TV show. We are in a pandemic and in my opinion forming a cheerleading team is very selfish.  One of our NY teams are in a “bubble” and they just had a COVID case. They are now sitting out until everyone can get tested. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, NewfanofDCC said:

If it’s not for the show, why potentially put any of the girls at risk? They should have gone with the Vets this season as many squads are doing. I believe it’s for the show and we will probably hear how these girls wanted to be a DCC so bad they they are risking there lives in a pandemic to come to Texas. 🤮 This country has lost over a 150,000 people and the Cowboys organization thinks holding tryouts for cheerleaders is a good idea. They are being very selfish in my opinion and I pray all of the ladies and staff will be able to stay safe. A “bubble” does not guarantee that Covid isn’t in the building as you will still have hotel employees coming and going. They can’t be confined to there rooms as they have to practice. Stupid decision in my opinion! 

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Exactly 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

If it’s not for the show, why potentially put any of the girls at risk? They should have gone with the Vets this season as many squads are doing. I believe it’s for the show and we will probably hear how these girls wanted to be a DCC so bad they they are risking there lives in a pandemic to come to Texas. 🤮 This country has lost over a 150,000 people and the Cowboys organization thinks holding tryouts for cheerleaders is a good idea. They are being very selfish in my opinion and I pray all of the ladies and staff will be able to stay safe. A “bubble” does not guarantee that Covid isn’t in the building as you will still have hotel employees coming and going. They can’t be confined to there rooms as they have to practice. Stupid decision in my opinion! 

Exactly 

Great points.  The one thing I feel confident about is that Kelli puts this stupid reality show (that, let's be honest, relatively few people watch) over all other considerations. Even if it's enjoyable on some level, it has greatly undermined the brand and now it is going to put the girls' health at risk.  Truly appalling.  

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

A “bubble” does not guarantee that Covid isn’t in the building as you will still have hotel employees coming and going. They can’t be confined to there rooms as they have to practice. Stupid decision in my opinion! 

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl said:

That still won’t prevent them from possibly getting COVID. They will still have workers entering the building daily to cook, clean etc. This was a foolish move on the organization and I’m betting it’s happening to produce a TV show. We are in a pandemic and in my opinion forming a cheerleading team is very selfish.  One of our NY teams are in a “bubble” and they just had a COVID case. They are now sitting out until everyone can get tested. 

Wish I could like this 100,000 times.  You are exactly right it is 100%  for Kelli to be on MTT.  She is a wanna be Kardashian.  

CMT will make sure that the girls all have their masks on when they film.  We all know they wont be wearing them at all times, only when CMT is filming.  

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

In short, these girls aren't responsible enough for this to be done safely

Also Kristin and Claire W got their eyebrows done today.  Alora had on her story yesterday  a couple of pix in bed with a guy about to eat popcorn and drink champagne.  I thought the girls were not to post alcohol pix.  Kelli will need a lot of help taming that girl down.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Darian is now in Dallas. Tori and Jada also posted stories about getting their eyebrows done at the same place as Marissa and Claire W which is the official partner of the DCC so maybe they were told to go get them done.

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
Just now, 5678Pixie said:

Also Kristin and Claire W got their eyebrows done today.  Alora had on her story yesterday  a couple of pix in bed with a guy about to eat popcorn and drink champagne.  I thought the girls were not to post alcohol pix.  Kelli will need a lot of help taming that girl down.  

Wow.  Sounds like Kelli has either lost control or just doesn't care.

• Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Darian is now in Dallas. Tori and Jada also posted stories about getting their eyebrows done at the same place as Marissa and Claire W which is the official partner of the DCC so maybe they were told to go get them done.

Since Kelli tells them what they can post  it makes me think CMT was probably filming.  What a joke for these girls to go get their brows done if it was for CMT to have something to film.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 5