Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Meredith and Freddie Mercury

Hey we're up to 7 people, thought knowing her tendency to having girl crushes for only a year I don't know that we can count on her caring for Meredith anymore

• Love 7
(edited)

If it wasn't for the show I wonder if Kelli would have just taken the vets since it isn't likely they will ever go on the field?  Seems selfish to have the girls all move there in the middle of a pandemic.   The Miami Dolphins ended up just taking the vets.  Seems to me like the right thing to do.   Nobody has to learn a dance.  They know it all and the coach can trust all the vets to be ready for anything.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 16
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I think having TCC at this point is completely stupid but Darian is gorgeous and I would love to see her on the team.

I completely agree that we should not have TCC considering the situation with Covid-19. It’s irresponsible.

But I am happy that they are doing it! I am selfish and I am willing to risk the safety of the girls to get my DCC fix. Horrible.

Darian is gorgeous and the great thing about her is that there are two of her! If she turns out to be a great DCC they can ramp up and add her identical twin sister to the squad! 

Edited by Pau84
Typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

But I am happy that they are doing it! I am selfish and I am willing to risk the safety of the girls to get my DCC fix. Horrible.

The selfish part isn’t so much wanting to have a show to watch. In a lot of areas filming has resumed because yes people need to be entertained and pausing all productions would just add more unemployed people into the mix. BUT, wanting a reality show that is supposed to be about making a team, when there isn’t going to be a team is selfish imo. More so on Kelli’s side, we as viewers aren’t supposed to care about their safety, that’s on their manager. But I think it’s really cruel to have them move to a different state where they can’t even find a job to support themselves because you want them to live in a bubble, when you know that it’s more likely you won’t even have a team any way. That’s not even “making the team”.

• Love 9

They can still have a show without making a new team. This is a different year and I, for one, would have no objection to having vets only.  We can still see practices and how they navigate this year during the pandemic.  We can still watch them navigate appearances.  I don’t need to see dreams crushed to enjoy the show.

• Love 22

This week, I had an emergency root canal with a post and crown installed (two dentist visits). The nail salon’s precautions were as stringent as the dentist’s office. 
Re: eyebrow work. I wouldn’t post it but it’s not illegal or forbidden. 

Trigger. (Gross). Love my dentist - 20 year patient but the exam, cleaning and room for fillings and crowns are pretty open, and the person in the next cubicle gagged and barfed during his X-ray during my procedure. All I could think was my mouth has been propped open for 45 minutes. If that patient is positive, I’m sunk. 🙄

• Love 1
On 7/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, TB12 said:

Ashley is KILLING it, love her!!! 🙂

Or who will be so bummed they got HER for a roommate, someone is going to get the unlucky draw, or perhaps her mommy will get her a private...

You honestly don’t think Mommy is moving in with her?  She can’t sequester away from TK!  It will be like one big slumber party!!!!  In all honesty, the bubble may be the best thing for her.  With limited freedoms, no more late night milkshakes on the way home from practice.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

They can still have a show without making a new team. This is a different year and I, for one, would have no objection to having vets only.  We can still see practices and how they navigate this year during the pandemic.  We can still watch them navigate appearances.  I don’t need to see dreams crushed to enjoy the show.

True! Considering that filming is starting late anyway so I don’t see how they will make this season look similar to the previous seasons anyway, why not go a different route? Have a vets-only year, cut those who aren’t up to your standards, follow them into appearances or games (if they ever perform). SG auditions can still happen, swimsuit photos selection process too. Add even more “then and now” segments since these were actually popular. Or a day in the life of a current dcc. I don’t know, there are a million things to do if you want to keep the show without risking the health of girls who won’t ever be able to perform. It would be test run actually to see if they can shift the focus of the show and keep it alive for longer or go back to the old format post-covid. I doubt the show will continue for that many seasons considering it’s exactly the same year after year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Official confirmation on Amelia Evans (_ameliaevans). I completely think camp is stupid and should not happen given the circumstances, but since it is moving forward I will continue to follow along. Many of the TCC posted photos like this one so it seems like it was a official outing for them that they were encouraged to post about. 

IMG_2787.thumb.png.27eda89d991d0739469922f4d00c2b2b.png

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Official confirmation on Amelia Evans (_ameliaevans). I completely think camp is stupid and should not happen given the circumstances, but since it is moving forward I will continue to follow along. Many of the TCC posted photos like this one so it seems like it was a official outing for them that they were encouraged to post about. 

So much for Kelli being upset at these posts huh...

That being said, I want her hair! Can she post a tutorial on how to get these curls?

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Since I'm pretty sure all of the TCC have been confirmed, here is the chart I will be using to mark off who gets cut:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.03.03 AM.jpg

There are way too many considering how training camp has been cut so short. Some of these girls moved here to get cut a week later. It looks like tptb could have foresaw this and taken less girls. 

• Love 8
(edited)

So do I understand correctly that Kelli is having the girls go to a business for a procedure that carries with it some risk and then post about it DURING A PANDEMIC simply to try and promote that business? If so, wow, she truly doesn't care about these girls, and they're just puppets to her.  I've never been so disgusted at how the DCC is being "managed" (and that's saying something).

Edited to Add:  If this is true, it is not only unconscionable, but legally it's stupid as hell.  If one of them gets sick they could sue the hell out of the organization, and the publicity alone would likely destroy the whole brand.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Radishing?  Like the veggie?

• LOL 1
20 minutes ago, Jennv said:

There are way too many considering how training camp has been cut so short. Some of these girls moved here to get cut a week later. It looks like tptb could have foresaw this and taken less girls. 

I fully agree, the whole audition process was so weird to me. Usually they take about 45ish girls into camp and only about 8 extra rookies than they have spots for (if the final team is 36 which isn't always the case). So if this was a normal year there would have been 15 TCC, not 21. Take covid into account I would have only taken the 10 best to training camp. Then you have some wiggle room if a vet needs to be cut or something but pretty much everyone who has to move during a pandemic will make the team and you can spend the shortened training camp more productively. Or have a vets-only team.

I hope for everyones sake that no one gets cut for at least a couple of weeks. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Usually they take about 45ish girls into camp and only about 8 extra rookies than they have spots for (if the final team is 36 which isn't always the case). So if this was a normal year there would have been 15 TCC, not 21. 

I personally thought that some of the rookies this last year were fabulous and the rest were kinda blah. Because of that, had this been a regular year sans pandemic, I would have expected several 1-year vets to get cut at finals. They also haven't seen the vets in person in months, so there could have easily been some weight gain that can't be fixed in time. Because of that, we may actually see some vet cuts during TC and they wanted to make sure there would be enough TCCs to handle that. Not saying that I agree with this reasoning! I think they should have gone with a vets only squad, they would have had 29 performers who, while maybe not the strongest dancers, at least know the dances, the organization, etc. and would have represented the Cowboys well.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

True! Considering that filming is starting late anyway so I don’t see how they will make this season look similar to the previous seasons anyway, why not go a different route? Have a vets-only year, cut those who aren’t up to your standards, follow them into appearances or games (if they ever perform). SG auditions can still happen, swimsuit photos selection process too. Add even more “then and now” segments since these were actually popular. Or a day in the life of a current dcc. I don’t know, there are a million things to do if you want to keep the show without risking the health of girls who won’t ever be able to perform. It would be test run actually to see if they can shift the focus of the show and keep it alive for longer or go back to the old format post-covid. I doubt the show will continue for that many seasons considering it’s exactly the same year after year.

Exactly. There are other things to show; things we’ve been asking for.  They can revamp the format of the show to keep it fresh. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I personally thought that some of the rookies this last year were fabulous and the rest were kinda blah. Because of that, had this been a regular year sans pandemic, I would have expected several 1-year vets to get cut at finals. They also haven't seen the vets in person in months, so there could have easily been some weight gain that can't be fixed in time. Because of that, we may actually see some vet cuts during TC and they wanted to make sure there would be enough TCCs to handle that. Not saying that I agree with this reasoning! I think they should have gone with a vets only squad, they would have had 29 performers who, while maybe not the strongest dancers, at least know the dances, the organization, etc. and would have represented the Cowboys well.

In time for what? It’s not even certain that they will ever get to perform, so at best they will be used for appearances -so they can either cut the girl in question or keep her out of appearances until she’s back in dcc shape. And I mean, how many vets are going to come back out of shape? None of this justifies taking 21 new girls into TC and it’s definitely not the year to go with a new person instead of someone you already know.

I understand this isn’t what you think is right, I’m just saying that I don’t get what Kelli’s reasoning is supposed to be here.

21 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

UGH don't give them ideas . They are already trying to figure out how to feature VK. 

Eh, do you think that having new rookies would stop them from featuring VK? Vets-only or not, she will be front and center. 

While I’m so so SO against having rookies in TC this year, I have to say that I’m really impressed with the new girls and I hope they’ll continue doing online auditions -at least prelims and semis could be done virtually and then have girls fly into dallas for finals only.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

In time for what? It’s not even certain that they will ever get to perform, so at best they will be used for appearances

I agree, but I also don't think that would stop K from cutting someone who is "too heavy," even if it's just for drama. Tara's cut, two years ago? Ok, she wasn't AS thin as she was when she first auditioned, but she was improving, had fixed her hair and makeup, and was still outdancing several others that ended up on the team. But she was cut. Why? Drama. And since this TC is likely going to be shorter, we won't have long "will she, won't she" storylines, so anything to ramp up drama and ratings is probably going to happen. Including vet cuts. Idk, I may be completely wrong, but I just have a bad feeling that several vets won't make it back (for weight or otherwise).

• Love 3

Really this is the year to just have a two hour special or maybe make it two and that's it bc with the shorter camp there's no way they can do their new normal 13 episodes and still show the tiny snippets of dances they have in the past. They don't want to show more bc they don't want other teams stealing their dances so they're going to have to fill the time with even more ridiculous time fillers/plugs for things at the Star

• Love 8
(edited)

I am happy for them that they are filming. If kids can go to summer camp and schools can open up, then they can film. I am sure for many of these girls that dancing is good for their mental health. The Bachelor is back to filming. I’m sure other shows are too. Let’s keep people employed. If the girls don’t want to go to training camp, they can always quit. No they won’t get the perks of being a DCC, but that’s life. We don’t get everything we want. 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
  • Love 4

Once again smplsimon you are right on the money, showbiz money that is. Productions are starting back up in places like California where they have controlled closed off sets for short time blocks. That all is safe compared to 100+ people who traveled from all over the country to have an extended stay in a Texas hotel. Is it really a bubble if the TCCs are traveling, not quarantining, and posting on social media about starting training camp? 

On instagram this week a lot of cheers teams have announced veteran only squads. looking around in some of their comments sections it looks like the NFL may have restricted entertainment squads from being on the field during the games? if that is true then why are they have a bubble for a show about making a team that wont be on the field as a team? or if they are all wanting being on tv then why not make the team virtually like all those singing competition shows did back at the start of this mess

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Rumor has it that the only show CMT has for the fall season is DCC Making the Team. ( Everything else is re -runs. )I guarantee  that’s why TC is happening. They don’t give a damm about the girls health, they just want to produce a TV show. We are in a pandemic and have lost over 150,000 people in this country and this stupid organization is holding try outs.  Living in a “bubble” will not stop COVID! They still have  to rehearse and that can’t be done in there rooms. This organization is greedy and selfish in my opinion. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 7/21/2020 at 3:07 PM, Holly85 said:

Lisa is flying to Arkansas for a week to help with a dance camp 

0971BAD7-7BF5-48AF-9089-9AD67FD98778.jpeg

This is a terrible picture.  She going to a dude ranch or something?  What’s with that pose?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Since I'm pretty sure all of the TCC have been confirmed, here is the chart I will be using to mark off who gets cut:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.03.03 AM.jpg

Well I will say this, anyone of these ladies that end up as a DCC will definitely up the beauty and glamour. Shannon, Claire W, Jessica, Kelly, Sydney, Alora-Rose, Eli, and Darian in particular are just gorgeous! I'm rooting for Sheridan and excited to see how much she's improved. Her last time in TC was painful and literally made me cringe for her. I couldn't wait for Kelli to put the poor girl out of her misery. Hopefully she doesn't fall down during kick line this time lol.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

Rumor has it that the only show CMT has for the fall season is DCC Making the Team. ( Everything else is re -runs. )I guarantee  that’s why TC is happening. They don’t give a damm about the girls health, they just want to produce a TV show. We are in a pandemic and have lost over 150,000 people in this country and this stupid organization is holding try outs.  Living in a “bubble” will not stop COVID! They still have  to rehearse and that can’t be done in there rooms. This organization is greedy and selfish in my opinion. 

They could still have a show about the vets. And considering that there won’t be many new productions this fall, I doubt they will lose viewers for switching it up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

CMT will be sequestered with the training camp candidates for the first week. The vets will come the next week. They will not be able to leave for the two weeks. I think that only works though if you have a private elevator and keep people from leaving.  

What could go wrong?

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 5
10 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

CMT will be sequestered with the training camp candidates for the first week. The vets will come the next week. They will not be able to leave for the two weeks. I think that only works though if you have a private elevator and do not go outside. 

What could go wrong?

Not sure how true this is but I heard  they will have there own side of the hotel 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/31/2020 at 11:46 AM, SmpIsimon said:

So do I understand correctly that Kelli is having the girls go to a business for a procedure that carries with it some risk and then post about it DURING A PANDEMIC simply to try and promote that business? If so, wow, she truly doesn't care about these girls, and they're just puppets to her.  I've never been so disgusted at how the DCC is being "managed" (and that's saying something).

Edited to Add:  If this is true, it is not only unconscionable, but legally it's stupid as hell.  If one of them gets sick they could sue the hell out of the organization, and the publicity alone would likely destroy the whole brand.

I would wager in order to participate this year that they had to sign an iron- clad waiver. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, stargrrl said:

I would wager in order to participate this year that they had to sign an iron- clad waiver. 

Yes, but he damage and the publicity from the lawsuit alone would be devastating even if the Cowboys had a defense that could get it dismissed.  Plus, the fact that they made them sign waivers in the first place would look even worse as it shows the powers that be were aware of the risk when they designed this version of training camp.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Not sure how true this is but I heard  they will have there own side of the hotel 

I have heard it also but they will still have food delivered and I’m assuming they have a conference room to train in so they will have contact with others. While a “ bubble” can help it’s not always possible to stay illness free. Our minor league baseball team just experienced it. They all tested negative and then one person some how picked it up in the “bubble” and now half the team is infected. 😢

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

They could still have a show about the vets. And considering that there won’t be many new productions this fall, I doubt they will lose viewers for switching it up.

I agree with you and would love to see more of the vets.  They  are being selfish in my opinion holding TC in a pandemic. It’s all for the money and for Kelli to brag and announce to the world that during a pandemic they managed to have TC, when other teams didn’t. Blah, blah, blah 😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Cruisegirl said:

I agree with you and would love to see more of the vets.  They  are being selfish in my opinion holding TC in a pandemic. It’s all for the money and for Kelli to brag and announce to the world that during a pandemic they managed to have TC, when other teams didn’t. Blah, blah, blah 😂😂

Former dcc Mandy had ladies come to hotel for finals and they have been holding practices over zoom 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Former dcc Mandy had ladies come to hotel for finals and they have been holding practices over zoom 

Raiderettes had a 2 day in person audition at MGM. not much was posted about it on their social media. Rumor has it some of the girls were positive and exposed other finalists. If that is true then I would be hosting virtual practices too! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Kelsey Caroline and ashlinn are boot buddy’s 

Interesting! Caroline and Kelcey must have decided to combine families since their boot buddies have all retired (Kelcey with Bridget and Heather, Caroline with Miranda and Taylor P.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, superSimone said:

Raiderettes had a 2 day in person audition at MGM. not much was posted about it on their social media. Rumor has it some of the girls were positive and exposed other finalists. If that is true then I would be hosting virtual practices too! 

The raiderettes would be looking at a completely new squad this year too due to their move. So could see why they may have wanted a f2f audition process but 😬 yikes if people were positive

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

(30 auditioned, I wonder which one got cut!)

My understanding was that 29 auditioned, with Taylor P. being a last-minute retirement?