Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I heard from a reliable DCC friend they are sequestered ("in the bubble") for 18 days and then the team will be announced.  The ladies have had the choreo for the last month to work on. So, the cuts will come quickly.  

It was just posted  - 20 TCC in camp. 

Edited by Kees080
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
Just now, Kees080 said:

I heard from a reliable DCC friend they are sequestered ("in the bubble") for 18 days and then the team will be announced.  The ladies have had the choreo for the last month to work on. So, the cuts will come quickly. 

Question did someone not show up or get cut already bc they are now saying it’s 20 rookie tcc

• Love 3
Just now, Kees080 said:

MTT will be a lot more interesting if they aren't dragging out cuts:)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Question did someone not show up or get cut already bc they are now saying it’s 20 rookie tcc

I sent that question to my friend. I'm waiting to hear back. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

there’s only 20 not 21 like we have been hearing all along 

Who's the girl in the blue one shoulder dress? That's a risk to wear to first meeting 

• Love 8

Ahhhh no Jaycie this year? Too bad but glad for her safety. I'm happy we're starting the proper season now! :). I wonder how spoilers will work this season? Will it be harder? Easier?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder who will lead the dances then, if the vets aren't there until next week.  Who will demonstrate?  Will K&J get out of their chairs?  

Kash maybe? Doesnt she work for them as a choreographer and she has had stuff on insta recently of her working with college dance teams online from the star

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Jaycie pulled out 

24838621-7300-4D99-877F-E61FCE826623.jpeg

The person who responded to me took it down, so I’m figuring she realized she was suppose to stay quit. It looks like she is a relative of Jada. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Cruisegirl said:

The person who responded to me took it down, so I’m figuring she realized she was suppose to stay quit. It looks like she is a relative of Jada. 

Wow oops spilt the tea 

• LOL 3

A 2 week training camp should be the standard going forward! I would guarantee that the TCCs would be fresher, more alert, less emotional etc. Is going to be interesting how the show looks this year!!! And hopefully if they only have 2 weeks of editing to get through, it might premier earlier? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

A 2 week training camp should be the standard going forward! I would guarantee that the TCCs would be fresher, more alert, less emotional etc. Is going to be interesting how the show looks this year!!! And hopefully if they only have 2 weeks of editing to get through, it might premier earlier? 

I just hope (but not holding my breath) that we will actually get to see more dancing. With my luck though, they will interview every single girl about how Covid-19 has affected their third cousin twice removed that they have never met. 

As to carpeting, like astro turf, it increases the risk for getting "caught" in it. Instead of a smooth slide, it can bring your momentum to a sudden halt and you could injury a knee, ankle, etc.

• Love 14
On 8/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, Opine said:

She is looking thin, but she just can't get height!  

You can look thin and have a very weak core. That is her problem, she doesn't lift from her center when she does leaps and jumps. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, TennInTexas said:

It'll be an outright crime if she's not VOTY this year!! She is just 100% class, grace, seems super genuine. Over the years, she's really grown on me. Talk about a Glow-up...she's really sensational! 

Did we ever get a ROTY, VOTY for this past year? I missed it. 

6 hours ago, JayDKay said:

A 2 week training camp should be the standard going forward! I would guarantee that the TCCs would be fresher, more alert, less emotional etc.

I think maybe a month. While I agree that what they have right now is way too long, I also don't think they would want to have fewer episodes in the season, and if training camp were only two weeks CMT would probably be filming every single night, which would be hell on the girls. They deserve a few nights off every week to not worry about being "camera-ready" and being filmed, and to just focus on learning the choreography.

• Love 4

I listened to Melissa Rycroft’s podcast and she said she was concerned that people who had full time jobs and needed to work may not come back. I wonder if we will see that play out. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Katmcc said:

I listened to Melissa Rycroft’s podcast and she said she was concerned that people who had full time jobs and needed to work may not come back. I wonder if we will see that play out. 

I don't put a bit of stock in anything she says.  They have had months now to decide and it appears all are returning.  I just wish she'd go away.  (Sorry...I hate being a negative person but she drives me nuts with her faked concern).

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Defer? 

Does this mean they are going to let her straight through to finals/ training camp next year?

I wouldn't have thought TPTB would be looking too kindly on someone who's pulled out.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

Defer? 

Does this mean they are going to let her straight through to finals/ training camp next year?

I wouldn't have thought TPTB would be looking too kindly on someone who's pulled out.

Those were my thoughts as well...the "she took the spot of another deserving person" scenario.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Those were my thoughts as well...the "she took the spot of another deserving person" scenario.

I wonder if, given the unprecedented circumstances this year, leadership is allowing a little bit more latitude on this. I would hope that is the case.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
47 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Defer? 

If you read the comments under the post, it looks like she will go straight into training camp next year. 

BB0B517B-C9B7-4157-AD41-B4FFE43F9952.jpeg

• Useful 8
  • Love 2

Maybe Jaycie got covid. I can't see TPTB just letting anyone skip a year without a really great reason otherwise I think more girls would decide to do that this year. They wouldn't want anyone covid positive in the bubble.

Also I really doubt anyone will be dancing in a mask, that's the whole point of them creating a bubble where everyone's health is monitored. 

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Brennan is the quintessential DCC. 💙Beautiful, mature, hardworking, and a great dancer. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's a group leader this season. So happy she recovered from her illness.

Is today orientation/intros or are the girls actually dancing tonight? I was thinking that maybe this is just a snip of a unfinished room and a little stage will be added later for practices. I can't see Kelli and Judy making the girls dance on carpet. 

I agree with you that Brennan is mature, hardworking and has a big heart. She is also a great dancer. 

Edited by Pau84
Change
  • Love 9

Well, since they’re following through with training camp, I hope that the bubble works and that everyone manages to stay healthy and safe. Given all of the depressing covid news, if they are able to make this work, I’ll be happy for the new rookies. 

Was Melissa’s comment about girls with full time not trying out in reference to the team in general or just this year’s training camp in a bubble? If it’s the latter, I think it’s a valid concern. Living in a bubble for 2 weeks while having a different full-time job (other than those which are fully remote) seems difficult, if not impossible. I guess one thing that may help the veterans is that they didn’t have the swimsuit shoot or regular auditions this year, so many of the them may already have an excess of vacation days that can be used. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Maybe Jaycie got covid. I can't see TPTB just letting anyone skip a year without a really great reason otherwise I think more girls would decide to do that this year. They wouldn't want anyone covid positive in the bubble.

Also I really doubt anyone will be dancing in a mask, that's the whole point of them creating a bubble where everyone's health is monitored. 

My first thought was that she tested positive for COVID-19.  She could be asymptomatic.  Thats the only reason I could see TPTB allow her to go straight into TC next year.  Anyone else would have to reaudition.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Defer? 

Count me as another person wondering if she tested positive for Covid, they were doing tests on all the girls right? If she tested positive I would imagine they wouldn't want to expose the other girls and would give her that pass to next year's TC, of course that means if she has choreo they sent out then she'd better work on it all year and really kill it next year.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, CailynA said:

Count me as another person wondering if she tested positive for Covid, they were doing tests on all the girls right? If she tested positive I would imagine they wouldn't want to expose the other girls and would give her that pass to next year's TC, of course that means if she has choreo they sent out then she'd better work on it all year and really kill it next year.

If you go on her IG account she has an odd message under her graduation photo about things not going as planned. It’s to long to post so look under this photo. I’m  not going with the idea she tested positive for Covid but it’s something else life changing 

86D7886B-AFEA-4A9D-A257-3C567963C7BB.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2