Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I kind of hope she’s not kidding. I wonder what that type of strip mall would be like... stores with nothing but 4” translucent heels, Pasties ‘R’ Us, etc. 

Oh man, there used to sort of be one off northwest highway that we always went to for Halloween costumes back in the day. Or festive lingerie options. I can’t remember the name of the large store for the life of me but there was also a “novelty shop” in that strip mall and maybe a beauty shop?  I think it might have been electrique boutique. If you look back at some of those early solo costumes some pieces were straight up out of that store too. 

Cutting out props seem to have cut way down on the train wreck themed solos, which is a bummer from an entertainment perspective but definitely reflects the higher quality dancers in these later seasons. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CailynA said:

I'm not a VK fan but I don't think she looks bad here, I think those shorts are a bad decision though 

She only looks bad by DCC standards.  She looks fine for any other situation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

She only looks bad by DCC standards.  She looks fine for any other situation.

I don't think she even looks that bad by DCC standards. I really think those shorts make her butt look big. Still even if she is DCC big she has time to lose it. More than anything she needs to build her core strength and working on that might help her slim down.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think she looks bad by DCC standards, not that it matters.  Remember this is a girl who fell out of turns two years in a row and dances heavy, yet still was awarded a Barbie both years.  So ended whatever credibility Kelli ever had.

Any update on what they will do with training camp? 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I actually really want to be a fan. I just can't get over how heavy her dancing is. 

Especially the leaps.

• Love 19

My hubby and I visited Kitty’s studio two years ago when it was closed, just to see it up close. While not what I’d call “posh” by any means, I wouldn’t classify it as being dangerous. In need of some updating, sure. But not gang turf by any stretch. Just my take on it...

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Her dancing kinda reminds me of Caila, good enough to make the team but heavy and not so fun to watch. I think her figure looks fine in this recent video so I'm more inclined to believe she was bloated in the video with the blue shirt. Plus in both of the stills posted on the board she has her back arched which pushes out the stomach area.

Agreed. I have zero knowledge of dance, but I do know about being entertained- and she's missing the mark. The constant cheesing for the camera really annoys me. It'd be so much better if she could just dance and not be so aware of the camera, IMO. Seems like there's some pretty clumsy footwork in there too, to my untrained eye looks like bad choreography or maybe that's what y'all point out as bad technique? Small, extra, poorly placed steps that just appear sloppy. Truth is "good enough for the team" is probably her wheelhouse. If she were one of 36 on this dance, we'd be drawn to the stronger performers and she'd just be a grinning blender. Too bad they'll place this grinning blender on show group and in prominent positions for the next 8 seasons... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

But show group???? Barbies? What the ever loving EFF. Just ridiculous and does VK no favors. Later in the gossip and the terrible showing her first year...sigh. 

A-freaking-men!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Pau84 said:

This sums it up. Objective and fair.

This is not part of 'the heat on social media' towards Victoria.

The heat was/is generated by the unbalanced and unfair decisions surrounding Victoria, like Showgroup, DCCBarbie etc.

Without these unbalanced and unfair decisions, Victoria would not have had 'a lot of heat of social media'. If she would have been cut the moment other girls would have been cut in her first year trying, Victoria would not have not gotten a lot of heat on social media.

Again, Kelli is not doing Victoria, the girl she knows her whole life, a favor by favoring her above other more deserving DCCs.

I cannot "like" this enough.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, kalibean said:

That’s the thing! For most of us, she’s fine enough. Pretend her first time in camp didn’t happen and her second tryout was the first one. 

Other dancers could have fallen out of a turn round one and still shown enough skills to make round two. She’s got the long legs and learned choreography just fine. Solo was fine but heavy, showed field potential.  Big smile, big blonde hair, long legs, power...take her to camp. 

Weight stays under control, she’s goofy but seems to pick up choreo well enough, has the legs for kickline, photogenic enough. (Remember Gina and Brennan as recent examples of lots of playing around to get their best shot.) 

She’s totally solid to be top 36. Needs to mature some, sure, but she’s young and that’s nothing new in the past 14 seasons.  

But show group???? Barbies? What the ever loving EFF. Just ridiculous and does VK no favors. Later in the gossip and the terrible showing her first year...sigh. 

Absolutely agree. I do wonder if their publicized objective for show group ("best dancer") is different from their real objective. In general, are they still operating with the  antiquated view that show group isn't really about just picking attention grabbers. Are they still picking USO type favorites (even though they don't do USO anymore). Meaning, did she make it because she's a tall blonde with legs for days?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Absolutely agree. I do wonder if their publicized objective for show group ("best dancer") is different from their real objective. In general, are they still operating with the  antiquated view that show group isn't really about just picking attention grabbers. Are they still picking USO type favorites (even though they don't do USO anymore). Meaning, did she make it because she's a tall blonde with legs for days?

In my opinion, she made show group for two reasons:

1) TK would have been pissed if she hadn't, and Kelli values that friendship (why I don't know);

2) Kelli was very annoyed at all the backlash VK got (backlash that was justifiable, in my opinion), and it was a bit of the middle finger to those people.

Edited by SmpIsimon
to make clear it was the backlash that I thought was justifiable, not Kelli's reaction
  • Love 21
13 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

1) TK would have been pissed if she hadn't, and Kelli values that friendship (why I don't know);

2) Kelli was very annoyed at all the backlash VK got (justifiably so, in my opinion), and it was a bit of the middle finger to those people.

I 100% believe that.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

2) Kelli was very annoyed at all the backlash VK got (backlash that was justifiable, in my opinion), and it was a bit of the middle finger to those people.

I'm going to add a third reason, which is basically that not making show group would have likely sent VK into a downward spiral and Kelli wanted to avoid that at all costs. Let's flash back to her first year in TC. She didn't make SG, and it messed with her head enough that she was called into the office and asked what was going on, since the guest choreographer Denise didn't even notice her. That office visit centered around VK needing to be mature and worry about making the team in general. Now, imagine what would have happened if VK hadn't made SG this past year. She constantly talked about how she was her A+++ self, so if she hadn't made it she likely would have been very confused and gotten into her head again (not saying this is the right response to not making SG as a TCC, just that it would have been hers), likely even worse than before since she thinks she improved so much.  She possibly would have started making more mistakes or even gaining weight again. Kelli needed to ensure that VK didn't make any mistakes, so she gave her the spot just so VK wouldn't tank.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Speculation on my part (I’m in marketing and can’t help myself) but there always seems to be a dancer or two on show group that doesn’t seem to make much sense skills or talent wise. Tasha, for example, who I truly like as both a human and beauty factor, and much needed maturity, but she wasn’t one of the strongest dancers. She IS very popular on social media, though, and I can see Kelli sprinkling in her higher profile girls even if they’re weaker dancers. (Still mad about Jaylyn obvs.)

VK is VERY well liked on the Facebook groups, and I can see that having added appeal when booking appearances. VK is a cheap first year with almost twice the Instagram followers as Savannah and more than twice of Heather. Same as Tasha, a few less than Tasha, etc. And Facebook marketing would probably show similar engagement data. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
On 7/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tuxcat said:

Thats exactly it! I could never put my finger on it. It just looked heavy. But you've stated it perfectly!

I always had a good core as a dancer; just wish I did now!

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I'm going to add a third reason, which is basically that not making show group would have likely sent VK into a downward spiral and Kelli wanted to avoid that at all costs. Let's flash back to her first year in TC. She didn't make SG, and it messed with her head enough that she was called into the office and asked what was going on, since the guest choreographer Denise didn't even notice her. That office visit centered around VK needing to be mature and worry about making the team in general. Now, imagine what would have happened if VK hadn't made SG this past year. She constantly talked about how she was her A+++ self, so if she hadn't made it she likely would have been very confused and gotten into her head again (not saying this is the right response to not making SG as a TCC, just that it would have been hers), likely even worse than before since she thinks she improved so much.  She possibly would have started making more mistakes or even gaining weight again. Kelli needed to ensure that VK didn't make any mistakes, so she gave her the spot just so VK wouldn't tank.

I don't buy that.  There are many girls who Kelli knew in advance would be upset about not making SG and yet they didn't make it.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

She didn't make SG, and it messed with her head enough that she was called into the office and asked what was going on, since the guest choreographer Denise didn't even notice her. 

Whereas Angela was called out in front of the whole squad by a choreographer for the same reason

37 minutes ago, kalibean said:

VK is VERY well liked on the Facebook groups, and I can see that having added appeal when booking appearances. VK is a cheap first year with almost twice the Instagram followers as Savannah and more than twice of Heather. 

Well, if TPTB would feature other rookies, perhaps they would have more fans as well.  But are all appearances a flat fee?  Otherwise a client would always pay $300 to get a rookie with a 2nd year vet, the cheapest route cause usually two rookies don't go together.  And you wouldn't see 4 or 5 year vets out very much, if ever.  

• Love 7

I always thought it was $100 per year, but unless a fifth year was super popular like Maddie, would they ever get booked? Hmm. And of course I have no idea how show group gets paid - wonder if it reverts to their hourly rate or if it’s yet another pay structure layered in. Games vs. rehearsal pay vs. appearance fees vs. show group fee. Phew that accounting sounds nasty. 

6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't buy that.  There are many girls who Kelli knew in advance would be upset about not making SG and yet they didn't make it.

Yeah, but Kelli cares 100x more about VK than the other girls. I think the poster’s point was that if another girl didn’t make it and tanked, then that would be a reason to cut them, but Kelli wanted to avoid anything that would affect VK’s performance and thus, supply a reason to cut her.

FWIW, I’m not sure the reasoning for VK being on show group is all that deep or multi-faceted. I think part of it is just that Kelli loves VK like a second daughter and wants her to have as many accolades as possible. Since her daughter didn’t try out, VK is probably as close as she can get. On some level, it may even be a “take that Judy!” sort of thing, since Judy’s daughter was given all sorts of leadership positions and prime spots that she had no business getting. 

Kelli is also the same person who fawned all over Meredith all season, and while I like Meredith, she was terrible at everything. Kelli likes who she likes and gives those girls favors and breaks. It’s nothing new. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I always thought it was $100 per year, but unless a fifth year was super popular like Maddie, would they ever get booked? Hmm. And of course I have no idea how show group gets paid - wonder if it reverts to their hourly rate or if it’s yet another pay structure layered in. Games vs. rehearsal pay vs. appearance fees vs. show group fee. Phew that accounting sounds nasty. 

I should have said are the clients charged a flat fee for an appearance, and then K&J decide who goes.  Cause if the client is given the option of how much they want to pay, we wouldn't see those upper vets.  I can see them charging a flat fee, paying the girls and putting the rest into the DCC bank account.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Hello everyone, longtime lurker (If you count knowing about this forum for almost a year) first time poster lol. 22 year old guy from the Netherlands. The past weeks I read through all the pages of the 2018 and 2019 season. (yes all 700 pages) I am looking forward to share my opinions and etc.

- The 2019 season will finally be on TV in a few weeks here so I am excited to finally watch it fully.

- First season I saw was the 2012 season and I fell in love with Danielle hihi.

Some of my favourite cheereaders are Danielle, Jordan, Emma, Lacey, Rachel W, Melissa W, Holly Hubbard, Whitney Isleib, KaShara, Alexis, Kinzie (a very underrated DCC) and many more that I forgot to add.

I will apologize in advance if my posts aren't perfectly English as it is not my native language 😀

Welcome to our crazy forum family!!!

• Love 18

Reading through all of the VK posts has reminded me that I prefer the days when DCC had older cheerleaders. And by older I mean like 25/26 and up. We have a good chunk of “older” DCC now, but I miss the maturity of the older in age DCC. There’s something so much more relatable about them, and just their refinement. I was rewatching some of the older season highlights on the FB page, and I miss the Jackie Bobs/Sunnis/Lonis of DCC. 

• Love 17
(edited)

So as I am quite new here, could anyone explain me how I can:

- Quote someone?

- How I can add links, photos and videos?

(Maybe with a screenshot if needed 🙈)

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by DutchDCCfan
(edited)
5 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Some of my favourite cheereaders are Danielle, Jordan, Emma, Lacey, Rachel W, Melissa W, Holly Hubbard, Whitney Isleib, KaShara, Alexis, Kinzie (a very underrated DCC) and many more that I forgot to add.

Lacey, Melissa Wallace and Kashara are some of my top ones! Welcome again 🙂

Edited by Lona
  • Love 2

If VK would stop trying to do ish she can't do then she may actually have a decent looking clip. 

She does look DCC heavy in the shorts, but better in the leggings. I imagine she was bloated. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DutchDCCfan said:

Hello everyone, longtime lurker (If you count knowing about this forum for almost a year) first time poster lol. 22 year old guy from the Netherlands. The past weeks I read through all the pages of the 2018 and 2019 season. (yes all 700 pages) I am looking forward to share my opinions and etc.

- The 2019 season will finally be on TV in a few weeks here so I am excited to finally watch it fully.

- First season I saw was the 2012 season and I fell in love with Danielle hihi.

I will apologize in advance if my posts aren't perfectly English as it is not my native language 😀

Welcome fellow Dutchie!

• Love 1
On 7/9/2020 at 7:41 PM, ByTor said:

Especially the leaps.

Agree!  She barely leaves the floor in her leap (attempts).  She doesn’t dance like someone whose been doing it since she was a child.  I’ve been watching Madeline Underwood lately...and all I can say is DANG!  VK could only dream about being on this girls level.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Agree!  She barely leaves the floor in her leap (attempts).  She doesn’t dance like someone whose been doing it since she was a child.  I’ve been watching Madeline Underwood lately...and all I can say is DANG!  VK could only dream about being on this girls level.

However, as average a dancer as Victoria is, Kelli has been treating as well as saying that Victoria IS at that level.  Doesn't matter that Victoria does not come anywhere NEAR Madeline Underwood's (or other similar dancers) level and never will.  Victoria MIGHT have at one point if she'd put in more than the minimal level it took to learn things and actually WORKED at becoming a better dancer, but that's not the case now and she'll never get there because she'll likely never WILL put in the work to be a better dancer.

I'm waiting to see her be announced as a 2nd Group Leader over other girls or moved up as high in the triangle as possible (when she should still be buried in the last two rows) or both when she doesn't deserve either one.  Wondering what other preferential treating she'll get that she doesn't deserve.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, DutchDCCfan said:

I expect:

First leaders: Tess, Maddie, Lexie and Gina

Second leaders: Caroline, Rachel W, Amber and Rachel A/Jalyn

What abt savannah I honestly would fill so bad for her Being upper senior vet and not getting a leadership spot 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

What abt savannah I honestly would fill so bad for her Being upper senior vet and not getting a leadership spot 

I really like Savannah but I don't know if she is the right fit to be a second leader. I wouldn't mind it tho. She isn't the only senior vet without a role. IIRC Kelsey Bond and Melissa Kellerman didnt had a role as senior vet 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Wait, does this mean she’s not returning? Did we know this already?! Also, congrats to Amber!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCgZQJaskWX/?igshid=156ii7lyz0d92 

so maybe she’s not actually going to law school and just doing a masters program there? So she could definitely be reauditioning. Now I’m just confused. Lol

Pretty sure her classes are all online I remember Caroline and daphan finishing up college online 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Pretty sure her classes are all online I remember Caroline and daphan finishing up college online 

Yeah probably! If they’re going to have a team with regularly scheduled practices, if it is law school it’s tough enough as is especially in your 1L year that I can’t imagine. She’d be superwoman! Kelly P who auditioned last year for DCC is going into her 2L year and cheering for the Raiderettes and wow! I’m sure it’s tough with nearly all degrees to balance whether online or in person but it’s mentally and physically taxing. Best of luck to her! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Based on her wording, I would expect she’s getting an MLS degree, not a JD. She stressed the word “master” and used the hashtag “legal studies”

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Wait, does this mean she’s not returning? Did we know this already?! Also, congrats to Amber!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCgZQJaskWX/?igshid=156ii7lyz0d92 

so maybe she’s not actually going to law school and just doing a masters program there? So she could definitely be reauditioning. Now I’m just confused. Lol

I believe she is taking classes online now. I‘m thinking she might retire after this season because I don’t believe you can do an entire law degree online. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Based on her wording, I would expect she’s getting an MLS degree, not a JD. She stressed the word “master” and used the hashtag “legal studies”

I saw Master and wondered if there was a degree I didn't know about or if she was just dumb since law school usually means JD. And now I want to know what you'd do with an MLS degree

4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Totally see that now!! Tbh I just got excited when I saw her post that I might have found something worth talking about and jumped here to post about it!! 😂 Things have been dry here to say the least, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1