Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Four Wives, One House

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I don't watch this show anymore but for those who are watching - how much of what you're watching seems authentic/real, and how much seems like they are acting it out for the sake of the show.... ?

It has always seemed to me a lot of producer driven drama on top of their miserable lives.  Scripted reality.  Better show would be cameras in their "homes" so we could see the fambly in their natural habitat.  they would probably forget the cameras were there.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I guess we're stuck with Mariah's wedding

A whole season of that?  Pass.  Plus I don't think it's going to happen.  Pudge posts on SM nearly every day and nothing has even been mentioned. 

I think in their deluded minds we're going to be endlessly fascinated by them for the next two decades so they can just take their time.  Personally I bailed after the first season except for snarking.  This shitshow cannot get cancelled soon enough for me.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

It is obvious these women can barely tolerate one another.  They have become accustomed to living separate lives and almost pretend to be in monogamous relationships with Kody.  Every so often reality rears it’s ugly head, like at the Christmas gathering, and the thought of sharing their husband revolts them.  The mere suggestion of all of them living under the same roof is beyond consideration.  Yet....we’re supposed to continue to accept the fact that plural marriage is in all of their souls.  Really? 

I will say, Janelle is the only sister wife on this reality show who is very close to being the same woman we met in season one episode one and that’s why she was somewhat receptive to Kody’s one home proposal.

Janelle seems to be the only one still in this for firmly religious reasons. Christine and Robyn seem to just have one foot in faith wise. I’m not sure why Meri is even bothering to pay lip service to being part of this so-called family.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

A whole season of that?  Pass.  Plus I don't think it's going to happen.  Pudge posts on SM nearly every day and nothing has even been mentioned. 

I think in their deluded minds we're going to be endlessly fascinated by them for the next two decades so they can just take their time.  Personally I bailed after the first season except for snarking.  This shitshow cannot get cancelled soon enough for me.

Put me down as one of the skeptics about the wedding talking place. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I don't watch this show anymore but for those who are watching - how much of what you're watching seems authentic/real, and how much seems like they are acting it out for the sake of the show.... ?

10% real would be a generous estimate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

When Kody was talking about having more children, I didnt think he meant with Robyn. I thought he meant with a 5th wife.

Doesn't Robyn's cousin? sister? already live with them as a nanny? I just figured she's going to be the 5th wife. If not her, someone. Kody's ego isn't big enough to decide the 19 kids he can't support now are enough and he hasn't done enough damage to them yet. Robyn better get to popping out another one if she doesn't want another wife to share him with. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm confused about this mega home idea of Koduche's. Do they all have to enter through the same entrance to get to their homes? Do they each have separate garage entrances or do they have to pass each other in the hallway to get in their front door? 

It sounded like he wants one main door and one giant garage. So they would all enter in front of Kody's area and then split to one side for 2 wives and the other 2 go the other direction. So yeah, they would all be passing each other and seeing whose car is in the garage and who's not at home. Hell, I park in a parking garage at my apartment complex. Not everyone does, but my neighbor happens to have the spot next to me, that's just a total coincidence. I've lived here for 15 years and she was here before me. I literally was just telling a friend earlier today that the neighbor's car hasn't been in the garage for about a week, she must be out of town or something. So yeah, the woman who I've lived next to for ages and I'm not even sure of her name, I've maybe talked to 20 times in all these years, but I know her car is not there. So I can 100% see why Christine would be against this idea. You know that the whereabouts of each of them would always be known. At least in the cul-de-sac they had their own garages, didn't have to enter the same main door, had a little bit of privacy. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

75%/25%

75% is somewhat authentic and it's the part where their true colors about themselves, their sister wives, their living situation, and their feelings for Kody are revealed.  Most of it is negative.

25% is completely acting and all for the sake of the reality show.  The fakeness is the "togetherness"  and "love" they feel toward one another.  That said, some of the animosity toward each other and Kody is also fabricated to keep all of us talking and keeping the show alive.  They and we KNOW this is a television show...first and foremost.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 6

Wow, this episode. My biggest takeaway? Kody = BIGGEST ASSHAT EVER who isn’t happy anywhere. 

He wants them all in one house but wants his own area to “get away from them”? And he says this on Christmas in front of them all? He won’t have any wives left at all if he keeps that up. 

Considering they still haven’t begun building there yet, it looks like that idea has failed.  So Mr Cave Man uprooted all those kids for what?  That’s who I feel the most sorry for—those kids look miserably unhappy. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Don't forget that this all happened a year ago.  We know from locals that there is nothing going on on the Plain of Prairie Dog Plague nor is there likely to be.  They sold the LV houses.

It's very interesting that there is no building happening on their land. Since all the LV homes have sold, there is nothing holding them back now. They should be anxious to get the ball rolling. I wonder what is really going on with the Browns. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

It's very interesting that there is no building happening on their land. Since all the LV homes have sold, there is nothing holding them back now. They should be anxious to get the ball rolling. I wonder what is really going on with the Browns. 

I think that Kody jumped the gun and over-estimated his powers of persuasion in getting zoning changes to allow for his mega house.

We can probably expect a few episodes about how the planning department refused his submitted plans ALL because they are prejudiced against polygamy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

how much of what you're watching seems authentic/real, and how much seems like they are acting it out for the sake of the show.... ?

I think that the few nuggets of real life are then scripted out for the show. They also create a lot of story lines for the sake of the show. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Since all the LV homes have sold, there is nothing holding them back now.

Speculation on this forum is that there are either zoning issues and/or the cost of infrastructure is astronomical.  The Plains of Prairie Dog Plague would need water, gas, electric, and sewer on that expensive plot of land. They simply do not have the money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Speculation on this forum is that there are either zoning issues and/or the cost of infrastructure is astronomical.  The Plains of Prairie Dog Plague would need water, gas, electric, and sewer on that expensive plot of land. They simply do not have the money.

Ya think these Mensa members would have researched that before the purchase of the land and the rush to move? I remember some talk about zoning but I guess they brushed it off and conveniently forgot about it. Kody is a sicko but the wives are every bit as stupid as he is. 

• Love 11
Just now, bichonblitz said:

Ya think these Mensa members would have researched that before the purchase of the land and the rush to move? I remember some talk about zoning but I guess they brushed it off and conveniently forgot about it. Kody is a sicko but the wives are every bit as stupid as he is. 

They knew. And bought anyway…

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It could also be that, aside from Janelle, none of them wanted one giant house. Christine especially seemed adamantly against it.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Elbow said:

He legitimately seems more and more mentally ill the longer this circus goes on. When the show began, I just thought he was an idiot and a misogynist and an egomaniac. But he increasingly now seems to have a tenuous relationship with reality and is overtly abusive. His neglect of his children and wives has always bothered me, but I'm starting to think it's really in everyone's best interest to have limited, if any, contact with him. He really needs to see a shrink.

He reminds me of a Jim Jones or Randy Weaver kind of personality, only thankfully he's not smart or charismatic enough to get more than 4 morons to follow him.  I've really grown to despise him; he's such a pretentious d!*k,

• Love 19

As far as how much of the show is producer driven and how much is real?  I'll go with 20% real and 80% made up.  

In my opinion, the absolute phoniest part of the show is how it sometimes manages to make Janelle look as if she actually cares about any of it.  I don't think she cares about separate homes versus one big place.  She's going to spend most of her time sitting her recliner, occasionally writing melancholy drivel for her website whether she's in her own house or a communal house. 

They could all end up stuck in a two bedroom apartment, and Kootie won't give her any more seconds of his time than he does now.  Consciously or subconsciously, she knows all this, and has no plans to make any kind of life changes no matter where her recliner is parked.

I believe the entire "one house for all" is nothing but a story line for television purposes.  Even though the concept is probably fictional, I believe Christine's vehement opposition is real - clearly the very thought of living under one roof with this dysfunctional group horrifies her.  

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

As far as how much of the show is producer driven and how much is real?  I'll go with 20% real and 80% made up.  

In my opinion, the absolute phoniest part of the show is how it sometimes manages to make Janelle look as if she actually cares about any of it.  I don't think she cares about separate homes versus one big place.  She's going to spend most of her time sitting her recliner, occasionally writing melancholy drivel for her website whether she's in her own house or a communal house. 

They could all end up stuck in a two bedroom apartment, and Kootie won't give her any more seconds of his time than he does now.  Consciously or subconsciously, she knows all this, and has no plans to make any kind of life changes no matter where her recliner is parked.

I believe the entire "one house for all" is nothing but a story line for television purposes.  Even though the concept is probably fictional, I believe Christine's vehement opposition is real - clearly the very thought of living under one roof with this dysfunctional group horrifies her.  

Janelle strikes me as a Benzo addict. She's so spaced out and indifferent 90% of the time. And the other 10% of the time she's having an anxiety attack.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It could also be that, aside from Janelle, none of them wanted one giant house. Christine especially seemed adamantly against it.

Then go back to 4 separate homes on their land like originally planned. With Kody wearing himself out running from one to another. I want to see all of that! Enough of all this talking and doing nothing. I bet TLC is going to tell them to do something before they start losing viewers. So far it's been a boring season and if TLC continues to pay them, they better start bringing it!  

I miss the days of the Janelle and Meri hate and therapy sessions, the Kody and Meri marriage breakdown, the Robin always Sobbin, the Utah B&B mess,  and Christine high on what ever mood altering substances she takes to make her madly in love with Kody again. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Janelle: After 20 plus years of marriage when your husband says kissing you is awkward, then I'm pretty sure he is as attracted to you as he is to Meri. Of course Janelle is chomping at the bit for one house. She can just send her children across the hallway to Christine's for dinner and babysitting.

Meri: If you have any chance of living with Kody again take the big house! The only way that man is going to give you the time of day is if you sit your leggings butt in his big white living room where he is forced to have to spend time with you.

Christine: you want the family not just the man but only on holidays and at weddings. 

Robyn: Maybe the other children act like jerks about their father having more children is because most only see him twice a week as it is. 

Kody: Father of the year here! Telling his children he sees twice a week he needs time away from them and have his own cabin where he escapes. 

• Love 21

Why doesn't Kody just build a small casita somewhere on one of the properties?  If that's not allowed per zoning laws, then he could downgrade it into a 'man-cave' and at least have a place to keep his things.  He could have a bed, TV,  and some other furnishings that make it comfortable to hang in.  He could pencil in one night a week, or whatever, to stay there.  Problem solved. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 6

I also think a lot of the emotion is real. It’s obvious the wives don’t like each other and it’s obvious most of those wives seem to be over Kody. If anything, I feel like it’s Kody putting on an act of trying to be all peppy and full of polygamous happiness. You can just feel the misery through the TV. 

As Social Security was mentioned, I wonder if there is any type of life insurance on Kody for each of the wives should something happen to him. Didn’t Christine marry Kody when she was really young? She likely has never had a job. With no education or job experience I don’t see how she would make it. Janelle at least has a degree, work experience and could go back to work if forced to do so. I actually think Meri would be ok because she has shown herself to be a hustler and she could always live at the B&B or move from one MLM to another. I just assume Robyn would look for another polygamous man and she would be entitled to Kody’s social security. 

So anyone else think they have already mortgaged the coyote land they purchased outright? 

I wonder if they also made this move and ridiculous coyote land purchase because they thought some money, other than from the houses, was on its way. Maybe a business deal or something and it fell through. I just can’t see them having much equity in those homes to even begin to fund all these rental homes and property. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Elbow said:

His hatred of domesticated animals makes me as uneasy as all of his other glaring character flaws combined. What kind of person hates pets?

Especially since he will have zero responsibility for any of it.  What does he care?  He didn't parent the kids so does he really think the wives will expect that he will 'parent' the pets?  They don't. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Meri and Robyn didn’t look too excited, either. 

I think Meri knows it's never going to happen. And Robyn is the one who put the idea in his head and is feigning hesitation in an attempt to keep the audience from realizing she runs Kody like a hand puppet. I think all the other wives know by now that Robyn is the one calling the shots.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Elbow said:

His hatred of domesticated animals makes me as uneasy as all of his other glaring character flaws combined. What kind of person hates pets?

I might get some flak for saying this but hating pets is very common in LDS culture. It's one of the first things I picked up on when I moved to Utah in '85 and nothing I've seen and heard since then has ever softened that impression. Yes, some people treat their animals well but there is so much neglect and abuse that it boggles the mind. Here is a recent example:

I moved from Logan/Cache Valley to St George four years ago to get away from the harsh winters. (About a month after I moved to Logan I read in a book written by a local that Mountain  Man Jim Bridger scouted the valley and reported to Brigham Young that it was unfit for human habitation, hence the migration to the Salt Lake Valley instead. WTF, that's when I knew I was in for it!). I had to leave St George after the fourth summer there because, with my emphysema, it became too difficult/life-threatening to breathe the hot summer air.

My first week back in Cache Valley (Thanksgiving week) I was in Home Depot and was having what started out as a nice conversation with someone as we waited for a clerk. Then she mentioned that her kids had gotten old enough that they were yammering about letting the cat and dog live in the house during winter. There was 14 inches of snow on the ground and the storm had passed so it was really/really cold, single digits cold. She said the dog could come inside but not the cat, nuh uh. "It'll find somewhere warm."

Ignoring the look on my face, she added "Gah. The dog was tolerable when it was a cute puppy but now I can't stand even looking at it. And it always wants attention." I couldn't trust myself to say anything civil so I just walked away ... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I believe this is all for a storyline. It's been almost thirteen months since Kody's grand unveiling, and we haven't seen any pictures or heard about a ground breaking.  Interestingly, Logan and Mykleti live in the "area", but neither has been seen in a very long time.  Robyn's sudden about face with regards to Kody seems inauthentic. I believe she reads the forums. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

In all fairness, Kody NEVER walked around the cul-de-sac. He always ran, fright wig a-flyin'- from house to house, complaining all the way.

I'm sure that was exhausting.

Fright wig a-flyin'....that is absolutely the best description of Kody I have ever heard!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Oh one more thing...I love that in the midst of going broke Christine custom ordered some pillowcases.  Priorities!

I have a half-baked theory that they're trying to speed up their next round of bankruptcies and that the Plague Pass purchase and this recent 800k house are part of this strategy. Don't ask me why! Nothing they do makes any sense!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Color me confused here.  Was it on social media or the first episode this season that the reason for Christine buying a house in Flagstaff rather than rent, was because she couldn't find a rental to accept her dog AND cat.

Christine did have a cat when they moved to Flagstaff.  We saw the young tabby in SM images of Kodouche helping her sell LulaNo leggings, and in the fridge.  Truely wants a kitten, but I'm not sure if something happened to the tabby or she wants it in addition to the dog and cat.  Gabe also got a puppy because he was upset with the move; they already have an obese old dog. Janelle must have lucked out with a pet-friendly landlord.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

When they first moved to Vegas, Kootie ran and drove from house to house, fright wig a-flyin.  I remember once he was sweaty from all the frantic running & driving and the first thing he did in next wife's house was dig around looking for a clean shirt to put on over his sweaty body.  It was icky.  At least take a shower to wash off the last wife and her emotional baggage.  What always bothered me was that the kids would run out to meet him in the driveway, he'd frantically run into the garage letting the camera crew know how busy he was and randomly fun into a hallway, the kitchen a bedroom etc., never connecting with anyone on anything beyond a superficial level.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Christine did have a cat when they moved to Flagstaff.  We saw the young tabby in SM images of Kodouche helping her sell LulaNo leggings, and in the fridge.  Truely wants a kitten, but I'm not sure if something happened to the tabby or she wants it in addition to the dog and cat.  Gabe also got a puppy because he was upset with the move; they already have an obese old dog. Janelle must have lucked out with a pet-friendly landlord.

So all this turmoil about Kody not wanting pets and Christine defying him is simply more padding out the script for more storyline.

They are clutching at straws now to arouse chatter about their lives.  "Say anything you want about me, just spell my name right".

• LOL 1

Ifit’s true that Kody really does feel he’s never had a home since launching this insanity, and that’s why he’s constantly going off half-cocked (ew), I’m now morbidly fascinated, disgusted, and really annoyed that he’s dashing through life, unleashing chaos at intervals and not giving a shit how his kids and concubines feel. 

will he ever realize that you probably can’t feel at “home” when you have four different homes, four different relationships, four different sets of kids, and four different sets of marital and family issues? He thinks being in one house will solve all this but he’s delusional. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Elbow said:

The person who knows that the pets will see him for what he is, even if the adult women in his life won't.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

So this episode was shot Dec 2018 - still no houses being built on Plyg Pond, nor the giant house - even just to build the mansion - it would take probably a good 2.5 years - by that time the rest of the kids will be off in college and leave what, King Sol, Auroraborealis and Savannah at home - they are knuckleheads  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So this episode was shot Dec 2018 - still no houses being built on Plyg Pond, nor the giant house - even just to build the mansion - it would take probably a good 2.5 years - by that time the rest of the kids will be off in college and leave what, King Sol, Auroraborealis and Savannah at home - they are knuckleheads  

Oh but you know they need a thousand bedrooms for when all the subsequent generations come home for holidays and such. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Elbow said:

He probably remembers having to dig the hole for the dog they decided to put down--you know, the dog wandering around the site wagging his tail like he was having a fine time with Meri and Kody!

• Love 3

The reason Koty hates pets is probably because the wives and kids love the pets more than him.

There are several shelters in the vicinity of Flagstaff with dogs, cats, puppies & kittens, even at this time of year.  One of them, Coconino Humane Association, has a 4.5 yr old cat named Princess that looks like the cat Christine had in LV.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Honestly they seem less fake now when it comes to everything but money. 

Everyone seems completely over Meri at this point.  The older kids can't understand why their parents moved to Arizona.  Everyone seemed incredibly annoyed that Kody mentioned still having other kids.  Robyn called the kids jerks for wanting their father to quit spreading his seed considering he has no money, 18 kids, and 2 grand kids.  It seems pretty clear that all non-Meri wives are living their own lives at this point and treat the other wives like 2nd cousins they see at grandma's house every other Sunday for lunch.  

Kody is now wanting me time and his own space.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

My unimportant thoughts of the episode: 

Wow Christine's home is normal sized.  It must be way less than 1/2 the expense of all the others.   Why is Meri by herself in a bigger house than Christine with 3 kids and a dog? 

Robyn calling the kids jerks because they are think 18 kids is enough because their moms don't like each other and they have no money?  She's the jerk!  Kody has 7 adult kids and 2 grandkids at this point.  

I've overweight so I've always supported Janelle more when people assume she's lazy but I really think she is.  She sees this house as a way to do less work to see each other, less work around the house, etc.  

BOY CHRISTINE DON'T WANNA LIVE TOGETHER.  I swear there is something to Janelle talking about Meri and Christine leaving above/below each other. I swear I think Meri, back when she was the favored wife, must have been loud in bed or purposefully made sure Christine heard.  

Meri is quickly sinking further and further into a deeper depression.  She's unreadable now but yet always on the verge of tears.  I expect once the show is done, she'll pack up and head to live with her mom most of the time.  

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 11

Janelle probably loves the idea of one house because then she can really zone out.  Savannah will fall under Christine’s reign, while Janelle hangs out in the recliner and watches Kootie’s buns walk up and down the stairs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Just when you thought that Kody couldn't get any more unlikable he gives us...

""I'm not done having children...I have washboard abs and tons of testosterone!!""

""I only define myself as a Dad, I don't know anything else""

""I need my own personal space because I need to get away from you people""

wow.

• Love 13