Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Four Wives, One House

• Start Topic

I understand the move from Utah to Vegas, and despite the talk of balloon payments and leaving LV for Dayton's schooling... I  believe it was a good move to leave the Vegas homes. Kody talks about keeping the family close and all being in one home, but at their ages, most people think about downsizing and making life simpler, not going Large.  With half the kids gone...older girls married and in other states and all the older boys moved out and in other states, and not coming back...it literally made no sense to even stay in those huge houses in LV or to build a huge compound for all of them in AZ.  By the time any houses are built, Christine's girls will be moving on.  They really do not need all that space anymore. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

I understand the move from Utah to Vegas, and despite the talk of balloon payments and leaving LV for Dayton's schooling... I  believe it was a good move to leave the Vegas homes. Kody talks about keeping the family close and all being in one home, but at their ages, most people think about downsizing and making life simpler, not going Large.  With half the kids gone...older girls married and in other states and all the older boys moved out and in other states, and not coming back...it literally made no sense to even stay in those huge houses in LV or to build a huge compound for all of them in AZ.  By the time any houses are built, Christine's girls will be moving on.  They really do not need all that space anymore. 

Robyn was talking about having more babies, Kody agreed and assured everyone within earshot that he's UP for the task!  🙄

I think they're planning on having more kids.

Still doesn't justify a gigantic house but Janelle was interested in the idea and Robyn said she isn't against the idea but just didn't want to discuss it over Christmas.... we know that Christine is a drama queen who will cave and do whatever her wonderful man wants... and nobody gives a hoot what Meri wants... Kody probably hopes that Meri will leave after seeing the tiny mother-in-law suite he expects her to live in. 

• Love 8
On 1/26/2020 at 9:55 PM, Joan of Argh said:

...Still doesn't justify a gigantic house but Janelle was interested in the idea and Robyn said she isn't against the idea but just didn't want to discuss it over Christmas.... we know that Christine is a drama queen who will cave and do whatever her wonderful man wants... and nobody gives a hoot what Meri wants... Kody probably hopes that Meri will leave after seeing the tiny mother-in-law suite he expects her to live in. 

God. I can’t believe I’m going to stick up for Kody here, but Meri’s section is still a decent sized 3/4 bedroom townhouse (or so it appears on the plans). This mega mansion does have two storeys. Granted it will still be small for queen Meri’s taste, but damn! she’s an empty nester with one child, why does she’s need these huge ridiculous houses? Even her 8 spirit babies she wanted to have will have flown the coop by now and and she can always store her boxes of moldy Lularoe crap in the 10 car garage if she really had too. That biarch needs to downsize. 61923D83-09CA-4FD9-A6A8-C2009DEE1D40.thumb.jpeg.862c6770cc6790e610ee54b2dc60b02d.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
My bad spellingk
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
44 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

God. I can’t believe I’m going to stick up for Kody here, but Meri’s section is still a decent sized 3/4 bedroom townhouse (or so it appears on the plans). This mega mansion does have two storeys. Granted it will still be small for queen Meri’s taste, but damn! she’s an empty nester with one child, why does she’s need these huge ridiculous houses? Even her 8 spirit babies she wanted to have will have flown the coop by now and and she can always store her boxes of moldy Lularoe crap in the 10 car garage if she really had too. That biarch needs to downsize. 61923D83-09CA-4FD9-A6A8-C2009DEE1D40.thumb.jpeg.862c6770cc6790e610ee54b2dc60b02d.jpeg

If she was smart (ha!) Meri would have the goal of keeping as little inventory as possible. Frankly I'm surprised that she's lasted as long with this as she has, but I suspect there's some creative credit card shit going on and she has way more dead inventory than we will ever know about. You know...like 98% of other LLR consultants. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

If she was smart (ha!) Meri would have the goal of keeping as little inventory as possible. Frankly I'm surprised that she's lasted as long with this as she has, but I suspect there's some creative credit card shit going on and she has way more dead inventory than we will ever know about. You know...like 98% of other LLR consultants. 

I don't think Meri is particularly smart but she is probably cunning enough to have her downline carry heavy inventory.  She gets commission on all of their sales and if she has enough peeps working for her, she can coast with just enough inventory to do her "lives" and at the same time, attract more devotees who want to hitch their wagon to a star.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't think Meri is particularly smart but she is probably cunning enough to have her downline carry heavy inventory.  She gets commission on all of their sales and if she has enough peeps working for her, she can coast with just enough inventory to do her "lives" and at the same time, attract more devotees who want to hitch their wagon to a tacky, bizarre, cheaply made, thin fabric star.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not sure what his issues are as it relates to animals, but I'm willing to bet there's a trigger there somewhere in his past.

An animal probably pooped on the floor that one time the "girls" took a vacation and Kody was in charge (and nearly let Truly die of kidney failure).  You have to take them outside regularly to do their business, Kodouche.

• Love 7

I suspect Kody's dislike of animals is more than likely the fact that they are a resource draw.  Food, medical bills etc pulls money out of the family budget.  They can't easily pick up and go anywhere without thinking of animals and their needs.  He can barely be bothered to think past his personal needs and Robyn's needs to see the "point" of having animals or spending money.

It is kind of a Dwight Schrute way of thinking.  Cats and Dogs serve zero purpose and earn no income and so are not worth having.  Kody is selfish enough that he can't see past his own thoughts to the thoughts and needs/wants of those around him.  It is actually a common thought process to ranch and farm people.  Dogs to work cattle, sheep or protect stock earn their keep.  Barn cats who keep down rodent populations earn their keep.  Home "pets" who chew expensive toys, rack up medical bills and make messes indoors are not useful, so therefore pointless. It is still commonplace (especially in generational farming and ranching) for older working dogs to be quietly euthanized instead of retiring to a pet and home life after the younger dogs are trained. 

These are not my feelings in any way, shape or form.  I'm an animal person and even my laying chickens have been given the promise that they can do as they please, eat what they want and live out their natural lives.  I'm just adding a possible reason Kody is such an ass about pets in general.  Since he comes from a generational ranching family, it may be a reason behind his distaste of pets.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Excluding the cost of the land and depending on quality of fixtures, probably $2,000,000-2,500,000.  The plan calls for 13,000 sq.ft., if each of the wife's quarters averaged 2,700 sq.ft., this would leave Kody approx. 2,200 for his unit.  The overall cost of construction would probably be less than building 4 separate homes for each wife, installing services to one mega house would be less than 4 individual ones.

I used an average figure for each of the wife's unit, on the plan it seemed that Meri was allotted the smallest unit, Robyn the largest and Christine and Janelle the same size.  This would give them all less square footage than they had in LV, but it would give Kody a great man cave.

Why does Robyn get the largest?  Christine and Janelle have more kids that will come to visit.  I guess that's more of those table scraps Kody was talking about.🤣

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Why does Robyn get the largest?  Christine and Janelle have more kids that will come to visit.  I guess that's more of those table scraps Kody was talking about.🤣

Well. Robyn needs two master bedrooms so that Dayton will never leave.  She will do her best to not let her daughters leave, she has two little ones that will be around longest and hey...she might want her parents to come live with her too. As well as she had better get a bigger piece of the pie...you know, to make up for not being there from the beginning.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, lookeyloo said:
  Reveal spoiler
  Reveal spoiler

How does one delete all of this?

If you pull up a new post box and this appears, just start hitting the backspace instead of typing.  It should delete anything in front of it.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

If I recall the apportions correctly, it went something like 3500 sq.ft. to Robyn, 2500 each to Christine and Janelle, 1500 to Meri and the balance of the 13,000 sq.ft. would be the entry, hallway and the Lions Den.

Robyn muttered something about a suite for her parents as well as a life-time accommodation for Dayton.  She probably fills she must provide for her parents as Annie seems to be safely tucked away with one of Christine's sisters, Bonnie is set for life at the BnB and Kody and Janelle's mothers can live out their days at the broken down ranch house in Yoming (with my gratitude to whoever reminded me of slice of brilliance from Robyn).  

• Love 6
On 1/24/2020 at 3:21 PM, laurakaye said:

We should all be in the shame corner....I asked my library to buy the book so I wouldn't have to.  Now I'm tempted to check it out again because I'm probably the only person who read it and I feel bad that they spent my town's hard-earned tax money to purchase it. 😞

I didn't know about the Sister Wives book until reading these comments.  I checked with the library across the street from me and the one and only copy of this book that the library has in my area was checked in.  I am about 3/4 of the way through the book. God what a bitch Meri was to Jannel for years. In the book Meri makes many comments about how her relationship with Kody was so romantic and fun and special. She talks about how Kody had no romantic interest in Jannel.  It was so bad that Jannel moved out for a year just to get away from her. It doesn't seem like Kody has a special romantic relationship with sourpuss Meri these days.  I found the sections on how Meri and Kody "courted" the under age girl and Robyn to be a little skeevy. The references to the two of them falling in love and having a crush on this girl had shades of procuring women for the two of them .I know this is not the case but I found the descriptions strange.  I guess this is how polygamy works the current wives are part of winning over the new recruits.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did you include the cost of those extra thick custom walls and ceilings he promised during his presentation?

I think they must have had problems in the past with sound travelling through paper thin walls.

I bet Meri loved listening to Janelle and Kootie rump'n and bump'n all night.... I can't even imagine Christine and her singingK voice squealing for Kootie to do it again...then her breathless sexpot voice urging him on... and ugh... Robin probably dresses in leather and stilletos with a whip *CRACK!!* no sleep for Kootie or anyone else.... On the good side Meri won't need any sound proofing because she hasn't been in the rotation for years... Her place is quiet as a cemetery  *crickets* maybe she sleeps in a casket like Dracula. 

"Janelle and kootie rump'n and bump'n all night." I'm dying. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

For sure. Thanks. I’m on my iPhone now eating my free birthday meal at IKEA!!

Happy Birtday Lookeyloo.  I sometimes drive to IKEA just to eat.  I've finally figured the short cut so I don't have to walk all the way through the store to get to it.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I totally agree with you but with someone like Meri every Sq ft counts towards her importance in the family and there's no way she'll sit in 1500 Sq ft while Robyn and the others have 2500 or more.

We saw how nuts she was in Vegas wanting a bunch of bedrooms she never used and wet bar etc.... It seemed like all she cared about was having the biggest McMansion she could bitch and whine her way into.

Same with the rentals in Flagstaff.... Robyn rented a large home but at least she has some kids at home.... Meri didn't even have Mariah at home anymore but she wound up with the largest most elaborate house with an elevator, indoor stream, 2 master suites and a bunch of additional bedrooms.

Any reasonable person Meri's age would think the suite was lovely and plenty of room but Meri is immature, petty and ridiculous.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

To have room for her coven's meet -n-greet, of course!   🧙‍♀️ 

• LOL 8
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn muttered something about a suite for her parents as well as a life-time accommodation for Dayton.  

So Kody designed it according to Robyn's wishes, without even consulting the other wives, who should have had a say in what they wanted.  But since it will never get built, it's a moot point.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn muttered something about a suite for her parents as well as a life-time accommodation for Dayton.  She probably fills she must provide for her parents as Annie seems to be safely tucked away with one of Christine's sisters, Bonnie is set for life at the BnB and Kody and Janelle's mothers can live out their days at the broken down ranch house in Yoming (with my gratitude to whoever reminded me of slice of brilliance from Robyn).  

and that's how stealth mode Robyn gets what she wants... she mutters and gets all teary eyed like a poor little wretch begging for a bowl of gruel....

meanwhile linebacker Meri barges in...scrunches up her puffy orange gopher face and bitches until everyone gives in just so they won't have to listen to her ranting, raving and eye booger wiping everywhere.... no wonder she doesn't have any allies among her sisterwives.

This fambly has been on TV for years but they still don't carry a kleenex for their TH's 😣

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

ON 1/26/2020 AT 12:10 PM, SANDY W SAID:

Robyn muttered something about a suite for her parents as well as a life-time accommodation for Dayton.  She probably fills she must provide for her parents as Annie seems to be safely tuck

Thank you. Can I just say I die every time i read one of these comments which mentions their fillings. I love this.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

ON 1/26/2020 AT 12:10 PM, SANDY W SAID:

Robyn muttered something about a suite for her parents as well as a life-time accommodation for Dayton.  She probably fills she must provide for her parents as Annie seems to be safely tuck

Thank you. Can I just say I die every time i read one of these comments which mentions their fillings. I love this.

Don't forget all these poor women have to dill with in their blessed polygamist lives.

• LOL 6
On 1/26/2020 at 1:12 AM, MsTree said:

Hate is a very strong word (for me, anyway). Not sure what his issues are as it relates to animals, but I'm willing to bet there's a trigger there somewhere in his past.

My guess it is the cost.  I can't see him as a man that would value spending $ on the care and feeding of an animal.  

• Love 7
Just now, Natalie68 said:

My guess it is the cost.  I can't see him as a man that would value spending $ on the care and feeding of an animal.  

This is a father who wouldn't put out the money for well-baby check-ups so... yeah......

• Love 7
On 1/26/2020 at 12:10 PM, Sandy W said:

If I recall the apportions correctly, it went something like 3500 sq.ft. to Robyn, 2500 each to Christine and Janelle, 1500 to Meri and the balance of the 13,000 sq.ft. would be the entry, hallway and the Lions Den.

Yep you are correct. Meri gets 1500 Janelle and Christine's spaces are around 2500 and wait for it Robyn gets 3500. Kody mumbled that were trying to intice the kids to live at home while attending college so they wanted them to be comfortable.  Well I'll be. When I lived at home and attended college my parents made no effort to give me a  comfortable  master suite. And why does every kid have to have their own room? Unbelievable that the not Robyns never raise a stink about her getting the largest house, the city of her choice  the property of her choice and the longest honeymoon oh didn't she have the 2nd one after the legal wedding to Kody. These women must have no self respect to allow themselves to be treated like second class citizens. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Yep you are correct. Meri gets 1500 Janelle and Christine's spaces are around 2500 and wait for it Robyn gets 3500. Kody mumbled that were trying to intice the kids to live at home while attending college so they wanted them to be comfortable.  Well I'll be. When I lived at home and attended college my parents made no effort to give me a  comfortable  master suite. And why does every kid have to have their own room? Unbelievable that the not Robyns never raise a stink about her getting the largest house, the city of her choice  the property of her choice and the longest honeymoon oh didn't she have the 2nd one after the legal wedding to Kody. These women must have no self respect to allow themselves to be treated like second class citizens. 

At the most Robyn only needs 3 bedrooms as Aria and Solomon still sleep with her and by the time they start sleeping alone the oldest 3 will be gone.  Yes some kids sleep in their parents rooms until they are 10+.  My sisters kids did.  They were all at least 12-14 before they stayed in their rooms all night.  Not sure why.  

4 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Why don't they just create another cul-de-sac on the property with 4 modestly-sized homes?  And a large parking pad with hookups for an RV.  Kody could go hide in the RV when he doesn't want to see his beloved wives.

Exactly.  Modest homes with one or two large lodge style barn structures.  One of them big enough for seating for 100 and a large utility kitchen with separate or attached pavilion for outdoor gatherings.  THAT is where these people need space, gathering space.  Not living space. That kind of structure could easily be converted to an artist studio or a workspace/garage etc for resale.  Not that any of these people ever think in a practical way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Exactly.  Modest homes with one or two large lodge style barn structures.  One of them big enough for seating for 100 and a large utility kitchen with separate or attached pavilion for outdoor gatherings.  THAT is where these people need space, gathering space.  Not living space. That kind of structure could easily be converted to an artist studio or a workspace/garage etc for resale.  Not that any of these people ever think in a practical way.

You are on to something there Roslyn!  The gathering space could serve double duty, providing them with space to earn retirement income.  Robyn could conduct online courses in joolry design, 'BE Broke'-- Christine could have studio space to give dance classes, "Dancing with the Ditz' -- Janelle could use the kitchen for recipe sharing, maybe 'Juicing with Janelle',-- Meri would have the space to demonstrate the fine art of turning corn cans and dollar store faux flowers into table centers, 'Crafting with the Crank'-- and Kody could set up his whiteboards and give seminars on 'Financial Freedom by Fifty'.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Crafting with the Crank, YES!  Sandy, you're on fire, on a Monday morning, no less!

Love the ideas.

Thank you XWord, just a few random thoughts, fueled by 2 coffees.  I could have spent a little more time thinking about it but I'm off to work.  Unlike the Browns, I have a J.O.B.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Why don't they just create another cul-de-sac on the property with 4 modestly-sized homes?  And a large parking pad with hookups for an RV.  Kody could go hide in the RV when he doesn't want to see his beloved wives.

that would be fine if you were dealing with normal adults... but we aren't

The BIG MANSION is all about Kooties ego

He wants one enormous house that he can point to as HIS HOUSE.... hell he was already making sure at the presentation to his own family that everyone there knew it was HIS HOUSE!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

that would be fine if you were dealing with normal adults... but we aren't

The BIG MANSION is all about Kooties ego

He wants one enormous house that he can point to as HIS HOUSE.... hell he was already making sure at the presentation to his own family that everyone there knew it was HIS HOUSE!

I wouldn't be surprised if Kody's irritation has grown and grown over those years in Las Vegas when he was stuck putting up with 4 huge houses that were designed by the wives!  THEY got to choose what THEY wanted and he just had to accept how THEY set the house up.  HE didn't get a say in ANY of it. HE didn't get any personal space or even a man cave or anything.  So he has been pouting and had the plans drawn in secret so he could be sure to have HIS personal space. 

It was funny when Robyn was saying how "polygamous men don't have their own bedrooms or their own rooms.  Just like me, YOU signed up for this." I think the honeymoon is LONG over between them.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And in the same breath announce to all within earshot that he lives there WITH HIS FOUR WIVES.

Of whom he only likes one, tolerates another, ignores the third, and goes out of his way to be cruel to the fourth. Please, tell me where I can sign up!

• Love 9
On 1/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, Pingaponga said:

Did anyone else notice that Kody's greeting of Caleb was so much bigger than his greeting of his own daughter? I'd have thought that man crush would have ended by now.

I did, and I thought it was very odd.

• Love 4