Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Four Wives, One House

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The girl they had draw the renderings was a draftsperson.  An architect's drawings show cross sections, plumbing, heating, electrical layouts and support systems for the structure.  They cost $$$$ and even then, have to go to an engineer for their stamp as to the feasibility and structural soundness of the plan.  The permit department for the county won't even look at plans without an engineer's stamp.

I didn't think these were supposed to be actual building plans - I just thought it was a drawing so the wives could see what Kody was envisioning! ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I didn't think these were supposed to be actual building plans - I just thought it was a drawing so the wives could see what Kody was envisioning! ?

It may have been the concept he was trying to sell them on but he was jumping the gun not even sure the plan was feasible.  His first step should have been to the planning department to see if a change of zoning was even a possibility before stirring up unrest with the family.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And as I understand it, that drawing wasn't even done by an architect.  

She is a draftsperson who normally draws renderings designed by architects, not bozos off the street.

Kodouche was swaggering when showing the designs to his bros, but squeakily said "you can make changes" to the wives.  Knowing how Meri wanted 5 bedrooms and a wet bar makes one wonder what he was thinking when designing Meri's tiny area with no room for her business.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She is a draftsperson who normally draws renderings designed by architects, not bozos off the street.

Kodouche was swaggering when showing the designs to his bros, but squeakily said "you can make changes" to the wives.  Knowing how Meri wanted 5 bedrooms and a wet bar makes one wonder what he was thinking when designing Meri's tiny area with no room for her business.

Kody would have been better off installing an app like Room Sketcher on his computer for minimal cost.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

WAY early.  It was in their book that I am ashamed to say I bought.  I will go stand in the shame corner.  Let me know when I can come out.

We should all be in the shame corner....I asked my library to buy the book so I wouldn't have to.  Now I'm tempted to check it out again because I'm probably the only person who read it and I feel bad that they spent my town's hard-earned tax money to purchase it. 😞

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

We should all be in the shame corner....I asked my library to buy the book so I wouldn't have to.  Now I'm tempted to check it out again because I'm probably the only person who read it and I feel bad that they spent my town's hard-earned tax money to purchase it. 😞

Oh you guys...I just had a moment of weakness and bought a used copy on eBay for $3.93 with free shipping. Must get package in house without Mr. Kbo seeing or I will endure endless mocking 😬. I’ll have to find a good place to hide it. And when I’m done, I’m going to pitch it in one of those donation bins they have in parking lots and peal out of there!

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

I haven’t read it yet as I am far too ashamed to be seen wanting to buy it in real life and plus I never wanted to support the Brown’s by buying a brand new copy. Someone on this forum help a COL out and post their table scraps to Australia 😆 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 6

I'll admit it - I bought a copy of the book from My Sister Wives Closet and it was signed by all of them.  They also included a thank you card with the order. 

I might be in the minority here but I like the Browns, although I do think they make some questionable money choices.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LAMMA said:

I think christine is being difficult for no reason. Honestly just let TLC pay for the damn house

There is more money in conflict and rifts among the sheeple wives than watching a house being build.  Nobody, including TLC, wants that thing. It's just a feeble story line in an increasingly boring dynamic.

• Love 5

It's obvious the "one big house" thing is a decoy plot line.  I think logically they will build Janelle a house on the land that adjoins Robyn's new house.  Christine will stay where she is in the house she bought and Meri will move back to Vegas.  They'll sell the Coyote Pass land, or let it get foreclosed on.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

They  don't have the money to build a giant house, or 4 standard houses (with their high wetbar standards of course!)

I'm sure the draftsperson was found by TLC and they funded the house.  Kody probably had a blast putting his dreams into the project.  It doesn't matter if it isn't doable right now--he has no doubt his ship will come in one of these days!

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

But these women obviously were in love with him at one time - enough to marry him.  It's really degrading and disrespectful to not be able to meet him half-way sometimes -

I overall like your post about being kind and agree...but these dopey women have more than met him halfway.  They have been moved from pillar to post by him, even though their children have obvious sorrow about it.  Hey, I understanding moving...military kid here.  But work moves are often unavoidable.    I think Kody moves because he gets bored or a bug up his butt or something....perhaps to generate plots?  The fact that they haven't killed him and buried his body indicate they are more than doing their part.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

All of them in one house would be ratings gold. I can see Meri going around with a tape measure to make sure she has equal or more square footage than the others, while examining her eye boogers. Janelle positioning her ripped up recliner and not givng a ____. Robin crying...just because. Christine speaking in her soft voice saying she realized how important them being together is and that she was being selfish, while staring at Kodi like a whipped puppy. Kodi sitting there smugly saying "Where we go one, we go all" while he thinks of the secret passage way he had put in to get to Robin's part of the house.

They need to do something besides sitting there every week pretending they want to be around each other. I understand they are no longer side by side but they are not hours apart, if they wanted to spend time together they could. If that was a true concern they would have found places closer to each other before moving. Their setup in Vegas was ideal. I am most annoyed by Janelle and Christine, their chidren are depressed and miserable due to the move. Kodi does what he wants because he can, not saying he's not a selfish fool. I can't understand sacrificing your own kids to go along with this idiotic move. Kodi cared about making Robin happy and didn't give a heck about the others. it's sad.

Their moaning about how much money they are putting out in rents and mortgages is laughable and frustrating. Did they think they would find free places to stay in Flagstaff?? Oh yeah, the houses were going to sell for top dollar within a month!! SMH

But I'm still watching....giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2020 at 8:25 AM, bichonblitz said:

If the properties were listed in the MLS, then any realtor with interested buyers would show the homes.

But then they'd have to pay the other realtor a commission.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I overall like your post about being kind and agree...but these dopey women have more than met him halfway.  They have been moved from pillar to post by him, even though their children have obvious sorrow about it.  Hey, I understanding moving...military kid here.  But work moves are often unavoidable.    I think Kody moves because he gets bored or a bug up his butt or something....perhaps to generate plots?  The fact that they haven't killed him and buried his body indicate they are more than doing their part.  

See, personally I TOTALLY believe that this last move was because of Robyn.  It's WAYYYYY too convenient that her son is accepted in the college in Flagstaff and then Kody uproots everyone and they move there.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just looked up one of the houses , and there was a MLS number.

That may have happened after Janelle gave up and realtor Thomas Love took over the selling of the houses. He even sold Robyn's in February 2019, so Janelle didn't sell any of them and they didn't save a penny on commissions.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Let’s ignore building one mega house or four individual houses on the land, there’s  no utility lines there is there? It doesn’t look like there were power lines, and probably not had or water lines either. Who would be responsible for paying for them if these imaginary homes were to be built?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Let’s ignore building one mega house or four individual houses on the land, there’s  no utility lines there is there? It doesn’t look like there were power lines, and probably not had or water lines either. Who would be responsible for paying for them if these imaginary homes were to be built?

I vote they all in live on the land in tents - like pioneers!  They can collect rain water in buckets and roast prairie dogs on spits over open fires.....

• LOL 11
18 hours ago, Higgins said:

I never trust them either. I mean what’s not to like about animals? 

People have many reasons for not liking animals. Whether it's PTSD or some other reason, it's their prerogative.

In fact, the same could be said for children...what's not to like about kids? And people who don't like/want them, will rattle off their top 10 reasons.

Having a child or an animal is a choice, and it doesn't make the person who doesn't want/like either one a bad person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

When the Browns made their best offer - which was their absolute maximum - the developer accepted with the conditions that Kody be responsible for the utility lines.  He accepted.  Then, he commented that it may be expensive. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

See, personally I TOTALLY believe that this last move was because of Robyn.  It's WAYYYYY too convenient that her son is accepted in the college in Flagstaff and then Kody uproots everyone and they move there.

Oh, it absolutely was about Robyn but Kody agreed and made his whole tribe uproot their lives.  If he's the head the household it still falls to him.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

People have many reasons for not liking animals. Whether it's PTSD or some other reason, it's their prerogative.

In fact, the same could be said for children...what's not to like about kids? And people who don't like/want them, will rattle off their top 10 reasons.

Having a child or an animal is a choice, and it doesn't make the person who doesn't want/like either one a bad person.

I applaud those that realize this before they have children or animals and live their lives accordingly.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

They can collect rain water in buckets and roast prairie dogs on spits over open fires.....

They already have a lovely lake on the property for water. Might have to strain it a bit but all of that mud and prairie dog poop makes it quite tasty I imagine.  Nice texture.  Water you can chew.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:
  Reveal spoiler
  Reveal spoiler

How does one delete all of this?

Place your cursor (or tap your finger) at the very tippy-top left corner of the unwanted quote box and a small plus sign in a box will pop up there. Then hit the back space key and it should all disappear. That usually works the first time but it might take a few tries.

As an added bonus sometimes the deleted quote reappears the next time you start a post, even in a different topic. Fun, fun, fun!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Late to the party and took an hour to read 8 pages of comments. My first thought if I had been one at the Christmas reveal- how much is that place going to cost? But of course that is because I am a sensible logical reasonable person who works for a living.

My second thought about the episode, when Christine brings the new puppy in for her daughter, why isn't Kody there? Why can't he be a part of that wonderful experience if he is the amazing father he claims to be he would want to be a part of that.

Agree Christine did not need to drive two hours to get a purebred puppy, and it was a really cute dog but I know my husband would want to be there when such a special gift was given.

Bet he would have if it had been one of Robyn's children.

ETA- just assumed it was a purebred and that's why the drive to Phoenix. Have no evidence, sorry for any confusion.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Late to the party and took an hour to read 8 pages of comments. My first thought if I had been one at the Christmas reveal- how much is that place going to cost? But of course that is because I am a sensible logical reasonable person who works for a living.

My second thought about the episode, when Christine brings the new puppy in for her daughter, why isn't Kody there? Why can't he be a part of that wonderful experience if he is the amazing father he claims to be he would want to be a part of that.

Agree Christine did not need to drive two hours to get a purebred puppy, and it was a really cute dog but I know my husband would want to be there when such a special gift was given.

Bet he would have if it had been one of Robyn's children.

Excluding the cost of the land and depending on quality of fixtures, probably $2,000,000-2,500,000.  The plan calls for 13,000 sq.ft., if each of the wife's quarters averaged 2,700 sq.ft., this would leave Kody approx. 2,200 for his unit.  The overall cost of construction would probably be less than building 4 separate homes for each wife, installing services to one mega house would be less than 4 individual ones.

I used an average figure for each of the wife's unit, on the plan it seemed that Meri was allotted the smallest unit, Robyn the largest and Christine and Janelle the same size.  This would give them all less square footage than they had in LV, but it would give Kody a great man cave.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, MsTree said:

I hear you and I could understand a PTSD situation re a certain type of animal due to an attack or something but to dislike ALL animals?  Seems like for the uber religious loving all of Gods creatures would be a thing.  But I have never found an animal hater I liked in my real life.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Excluding the cost of the land and depending on quality of fixtures, probably $2,000,000-2,500,000.  The plan calls for 13,000 sq.ft., if each of the wife's quarters averaged 2,700 sq.ft., this would leave Kody approx. 2,200 for his unit.  The overall cost of construction would probably be less than building 4 separate homes for each wife, installing services to one mega house would be less than 4 individual ones.

I used an average figure for each of the wife's unit, on the plan it seemed that Meri was allotted the smallest unit, Robyn the largest and Christine and Janelle the same size.  This would give them all less square footage than they had in LV, but it would give Kody a great man cave.

Did you include the cost of those extra thick custom walls and ceilings he promised during his presentation?

I think they must have had problems in the past with sound travelling through paper thin walls.

I bet Meri loved listening to Janelle and Kootie rump'n and bump'n all night.... I can't even imagine Christine and her singingK voice squealing for Kootie to do it again...then her breathless sexpot voice urging him on... and ugh... Robin probably dresses in leather and stilletos with a whip *CRACK!!* no sleep for Kootie or anyone else.... On the good side Meri won't need any sound proofing because she hasn't been in the rotation for years... Her place is quiet as a cemetery  *crickets* maybe she sleeps in a casket like Dracula. 

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Especially in the early days when they lived in a trailer.

Oh yes! Lol I'd forgotten about the trailer.... Jeeez that must have been rough.

I can't imagine Meri and Janelle sharing a trailer let alone the whole family in a trailer.  😲

The good old days weren't so good 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oh yes! Lol I'd forgotten about the trailer.... Jeeez that must have been rough.

I can't imagine Meri and Janelle sharing a trailer let alone the whole family in a trailer.  😲

The good old days weren't so good 

Janelle, after a hard days work, comes home, only to be confronted by one of Meri's custom made signs:---

If this trailer's rocking-----------Don't come knocking!

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

This would give them all less square footage than they had in LV, but it would give Kody a great man cave.

2200 sq. feet for a man cave?  My childhood home was 1000 sq. feet for the 4 of us.  That's just obscene.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

2200 sq. feet for a man cave?  My childhood home was 1000 sq. feet for the 4 of us.  That's just obscene.

Those were just guessitmates on my part.  Considering that the main floor plan we saw showed just one level of 2 stories for the wives and Kody's lair is just a main floor with a loft.  I think.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The dog is a black lab, golden retriever mix.

I would think this type of mix would be readily available in Flagstaff.  I know this was a year ago but there are currently several lab mixes available on Petfinder.  Why would she need to go to Phoenix?  Why not wait until after the holidays when things are calmer?  Because these are the Browns and they do things differently, I guess.  I'm such a silly monogamist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I would think this type of mix would be readily available in Flagstaff.  I know this was a year ago but there are currently several lab mixes available on Petfinder.  Why would she need to go to Phoenix?  Why not wait until after the holidays when things are calmer?  Because these are the Browns and they do things differently, I guess.  I'm such a silly monogamist.

It's the worst possible time to bring a new pet into a family.  They are already stressed and extra people and noise don't help.  Better a few days after the holidays.

• Love 10

Long time lurker, first time poster... Didn't we see Mindy at the swamp when the kids were catching the plague? Robyn gets to stay up late and sleep in because Mindy joined the circus train to Flagstaff for some reason?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MsTree said:

Totally get it, and you're right, there's nothing wrong with not liking animals or wanting pets. Hell, I don't want or particularly like kids, but the difference between Koty and me is that when my friends have kids, I don't glare at them with murder eyes and threaten that they're ruining (our) relationship forever. The look on his face when Christine was talking about the puppy was, honestly, a little scary. If I put that face on around someone's kids, I'd hear worse things about myself as a person than I do now as "just not a kid person." With good reason--that face made me really scared for that puppy.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I hear you and I could understand a PTSD situation re a certain type of animal due to an attack or something but to dislike ALL animals?  Seems like for the uber religious loving all of Gods creatures would be a thing.  But I have never found an animal hater I liked in my real life.

Hate is a very strong word (for me, anyway). Not sure what his issues are as it relates to animals, but I'm willing to bet there's a trigger there somewhere in his past.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Totally get it, and you're right, there's nothing wrong with not liking animals or wanting pets. Hell, I don't want or particularly like kids, but the difference between Koty and me is that when my friends have kids, I don't glare at them with murder eyes and threaten that they're ruining (our) relationship forever. The look on his face when Christine was talking about the puppy was, honestly, a little scary. If I put that face on around someone's kids, I'd hear worse things about myself as a person than I do now as "just not a kid person." With good reason--that face made me really scared for that puppy.

I understand what you're saying. As I mentioned in my previous post, there's obviously a trigger that he's not willing to speak about. And I'm betting it's because he has to maintain his macho image around his women. Plus IMO, he's scary looking without ANY trigger 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 1