Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Tanner gives Simone mixed signals; Kate promotes Courtney to second stew; the crew rallies for returning guests Master Pearson and Lady Tiernan, but a broken fan in the galley and rough seas threaten to ruin the trip.

Airs December 16, 2019.

gfy Brian.  How quickly he turned into an a**hole.  Courtney is not required to defend your hissy fit.  I don't get why he suddenly wants to jump all over Kate.  It's really none of his business.

Then he gets snotty with Riley who immediately explodes - well after 2+ hours wrestling with that "pool", somebody was going to blow up.

Ashton is trying to out whine Kevin & Tanner keeps getting more gross too.  I agree Kate's lateness is rude.  Tell her an earlier time.  

Running the ship, as far as taking care of the service and interior for the guests, is what the chief stew does, Riley.  I don't remember her getting up in the deck crew's business, except on the beach lunches.

$1000 is cheap for damaging that equipment.  I was wondering about that last week.

I've gotten soft cheese with hairlike fibers or something in them.  Pull it and move on.  He should have spotted it before it went out.

Why did they pick that beach?  They've been to better ones (and worse ones).

Then it gets ugly....

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 8

Loved that after Ashton goes in on Kate, he gets called up on his behavior at the resort and damaging the dj's equipment.

Brian is becoming more and more an asshole.  So is Tanner.  I was as confused as Rhylee as to what she was supposed to do when it came to that 'pool'.  Tie it.  Don't tie it.  That deck is really a boy's club.

I'm disliking Simone more and more.

Loved the dancer and the costume.

• Love 17

I find it completely disrespectful when people can not be on time. If I were the rest of the crew I would leave Kate behind so that she got the message loud and clear. I agree with everyone’s assessment of Kate, she can get away with murder because Captain Lee lets her do what she wants. She could sink the ship and Lee would tie himself in knots defending her. Brain, Riley was only giving a suggestion there was no need to be a jerk. For the life of me I don’t understand why Simone keeps letting Tanner sleep with her knowing that he’s a man child.

• Love 12

Oh, Ashton,how far you have fallen.  I think the Bosun job turns guys into assholes ( see Nico, Conrad and last year’s bosun whose name I cant remember). Last year he was my favorite, this year he totally seems like a douche.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Let’s all go on Below Deck and request the Kiddie Pool & Slide!

Ashton: oh, but we don’t recommend swimming in open water, because of the jellyfish. You don’t need the slide.

Us: Didn’t ask for your recommendations, Buttercup! I want the slide! 😾

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Ugh Tanner and Simone are so gross I don’t care to see them ever.  Tanner is just an asshole. He’s not cute or funny.

Ashton is such a douche. I kind of  hate the deck crew brus. I like Brian less and less every episode. 

Simone thinks too high of herself.

Ha douche Ashton and his stupid cannonballs got in trouble. Good. He did that cannonball on purpose to splash the DJ I’m sure with his cool smashton persona. Lame lol. Also he can obv not take any direction from women. Brian either I’m pretty sure. Has to tell Rhylee to calm down for no reason. Ugh these douches.

Obviously Kate can be a bitch but that doesn’t make the rest of them good.

So cute with the grandparents.

Oh yay misogynistic Smashton is back next episode can’t fucking wait. Not.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, spunky said:

I find it completely disrespectful when people can not be on time. If I were the rest of the crew I would leave Kate behind so that she got the message loud and clear. I agree with everyone’s assessment of Kate, she can get away with murder because Captain Lee lets her do what she wants. She could sink the ship and Lee would tie himself in knots defending her.

Kate thinks she's the Queen Bee who's above everyone.  I don't know what Captain Lee sees in her.  She's so uptight and not pleasant to be around.  She's a poor manager who doesn't get along with people.  She's constantly complaining about the most petty things.   She's a really just a glorified housekeeper.

Edited by escape
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

How come we are not getting any Caroline flashbacks?  I kinda miss her kind of chaos and Kate losing her shyt.

You got 1 hour to get off the boat!  I am not running a hostel here!  Then she went and got the radio to blast loud rock music outside her bunk door. Omg! Hilarious! 🥳

Chef is smarmy.  His food sucks!!  Caprese??? Caprese belongs on a smorgasbord....not an entree..... at this dining level.  

Make cold noodle or green papaya Thai salads, instead.

He should have served the kids  rice and skewers.

Adults more savory Thai foods like seafood in coconut lemongrass broths, etc.

His food is so random!

If the kitchen is so hot.....why would he grease up the grill....?  You know it is gonna smoke!

The only one that can bring it is Ben.  I would not go on BD if he is not the chef.  

The other guy (with Hannah...Bryan???) his seafood dinner he tossed on the table was probably one of my fave.

We can them a Boil.....but, I think he did his New England style. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

The other guy (with Hannah...Bryan???) his seafood dinner he tossed on the table was probably one of my fave.

Do you mean Adam? If so he is on the new spinoff Below Deck Sailing Yacht.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Well actually she is above everyone but the Capt. I don't see anyone else with three stripes. Rashton only has two. Maybe that's his problem or maybe someone needs to find him a sex worker asap. He certainly has a lot of poison (ala Joe Gorga) in him that's causing all this lashing out  

All the male crew on this boat are misogynistic assholes. 

Yes Kate is a little extra bitchy this season but there is a hierarchy on boats that none of these boys seem to be aware of and they're very disrespectful of her and most of the women, albeit in a different way. 

Looks like we'll be seeing Rashton at his finest next week. Hope he gets fired. 

How long did it take them to put that slide up?

I actually do not find her annoying this seaosn.  Usually every season she is getting on my nerves with her bitchiness....and, bullying.

I think it is because in past seasons she usually has one of the stews as her sidekick doing the bullying with her.

From what I have seen.....Courtney is super chill.  She is not tethered to Kate. She does her job without complaints or much drama.  She is pretty, too.

Even when Kate was baiting her to be bitchy in front of Simone when she gave her the new epaulets..........Courtney totally downplayed it.

In the talking head Courtney said she deserved them....and, moved on!

Kate is actually boring this season. 

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

39 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Oh please not onion obsessed moping over Malia Adam. Ugh

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Oh please not onion obsessed moping over Malia Adam. Ugh

I’m surprised he’s doing another one of these, as it seemed to bring the worst out in him. I follow him on IG and he really seems at his best out in nature, cooking with his dog. He’s the chill dude he professes to be on the show, but never is. 

• Love 2

Simone, Courtney had to tell you how to pour a beer so don’t pretend you are vastly superior to her and taught her everything you know! At least she knows to ask the guests what they need. 

Kevin lots of people don’t want to eat a big blob of cheese when it’s in the 90s! And I legit love cheese more than most things. 

Brian seemed annoyed anytime Rhylee even opened her mouth even though she was extremely calm until like fourth or fifth time that we saw and imagine that there were probably more.p

On 12/16/2019 at 7:35 PM, TexasGal said:

Doesn’t the door by the kitchen/galley open?  It wouldn’t have done much for the heat but opening it would have helped with the smoke.

I am pretty sure it was open at least once Kate brought in the fans we just saw it from a weird angle but when Kevin told Courtney and a Brian to stop kissing you could see it was open the light is on the outside. And the second day it was open and Courtney was trying to get it outside with a sheet pan which was probably not that helpful.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I was happy to see the return of the guests this week. (With the exception of the guy who complained about his meal not being Michelin quality, and then was kind of an asshole in a  way I can't really describe, but sensed  when Courtney gave him a glass of wine) The dad of the family of four (Albert, I think?) is so laid back and seems to have such a  pleasant vibe. When his parents came on board I could see where he got it from.

The children are beautiful, and I love how they try all the food that is presented to them...Even if it is the tiniest bite of the somewhat scary looking black rice pudding. My kid is also really adventurous when it comes to trying new foods, and it does make things easier, although I don't think we'll be jetting off to visit Thailand on a mega yacht anytime soon! What an unusual reality their children have.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

ry Tha

OOPS!

7 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Adults more savory Thai foods like seafood in coconut lemongrass broths, etc.

His food is so random!

I have not seen him take advantage of the local flavors at all, seafood abounds! Seriously though a trained chef would have embraced the Thai cuisine, the people that travel to that corner of the world probably like the food or at least adventuresome enough to try new things, right?

Did I miss a discussion about the food preference sheet? Usually they make mention of things like the primary hates tomatoes and then cut to the chef making an all tomato meal, lol.

The saddest cute moment was the flash back to the returning passengers little boy crying, "I'm bweeding!" Sometimes you have to love the production team for their subtitling!

Kate falling apart because someone called her a bitch, I would have thought she would have taken that as a compliment.  She has been a fucking bitch to some of her stews making half of them jump ship mid charter, it feels sucky doesn't it Kate?

Do those yachts have outside grills? He could have cooked that dinner in the oven to avoid  smoking up the galley.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Kate & Rhylee were on WWHL lasy night and they showed an extended preview of next week's episode. 

Spoiler

Ashton tries again to kiss Kate and becomes infuriated when she turns him down.  The scene in van of him going after her physically while being restrained by Kevin, then punching the window in frustration, is downright frightening. Kate said that it got worse after they returned to the boat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

She pretty much is the lead of this show and I imagine her paycheck is also much bigger and I’m sure that is also a source of resentment for the crew. 

She and Lee are the series' ratings power couple.  It's clear they are sympatico and that they were simply pandering to the viewers when Lee "disciplined" her. 

Classic Bru Move: confuse the female deck hand with disorganized instructions because you don't know what the hell you are doing, get annoyed when she asks questions or makes smart suggestions, then tell her to calm down.  Heat, humidity and hangovers are the special sauce.

Love seeing well-behaved children. We always told picky eaters "You can always find something on the menu that you like."

I guess not even production can enfold a hair inside of cheese.

I'm beginning to think Kate is manufacturing her distress. Ashton will fall into the trap.

Ashton, which is it? Are you in charge of your crews' discipline or not? A lowly deck hand calling the three-striper a bitch is a no-no, and not only did you not address it, you encouraged it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 23

Did I miss something? Why exactly was it that Kate owed Ashton an apology? He really is showing his true colors and it's kind of alarming. All the boys are, really though Brian is the most affable and I think genuinely apologetic so he will get the most leeway. I was also unclear, is the entire crew responsible for Ashton's cannonball? It seemed to me they all had to pay in which case I would be so pissed at him. 

• Love 15

But Ashton seriously can not multi-task. He can do one thing or think about one thing at a time.

I hadn't thought of this, but I think you're right. And he gets testy when he has to do hard stuff that he doesn't want to do (the water toys).

Ashton gets by because he's a suck-up and production keeps handing him immature frat boys on a platter. I'm pretty sure Lee sees right through him.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I think Lee was amping up the drama by not dictating what to do. Ashton privately told Lee that he would cover the damages to the DJ's gear.

How? It never came up after Ashton took responsibility. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, terrymct said:

Oh, he was a douche last year, too.  The difference is that this year he's a douche who thinks he has high status.

On a related Ashton topic, if you get so out of control when you drink that you have given your drunk self an "alter ego" name, you have a problem with alcohol.

He was a douche who I think was only redeemed by the near-death accident.  Or maybe forgiven for his douchiness because of it.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So the DJ equipment was damaged, let's look at this closely...you have DJ equipment by a pool, the booze is flowing, someone jumps in the pool and splashes the equipment...seems like bad planning on the resort's part, maybe putting the DJ further from the pool would have been an idea.

It’s fairly common practice at pools that are also have club days as this was, complete with dancing platforms, people typically don’t do cannonballs intentionally in their direction. Ashton wasn’t even wasted he was just being an asshole.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, elsie said:

I was happy to see the return of the guests this week. (With the exception of the guy who complained about his meal not being Michelin quality, and then was kind of an asshole in a  way I can't really describe, but sensed  when Courtney gave him a glass of wine) The dad of the family of four (Albert, I think?) is so laid back and seems to have such a  pleasant vibe. When his parents came on board I could see where he got it from.

The children are beautiful, and I love how they try all the food that is presented to them...Even if it is the tiniest bite of the somewhat scary looking black rice pudding. My kid is also really adventurous when it comes to trying new foods, and it does make things easier, although I don't think we'll be jetting off to visit Thailand on a mega yacht anytime soon! What an unusual reality their children have.

Last season the parents stated something like their kids like and try all kinds of food. Don't fix them kids meals as they were very adventurous with their eating. Very refreshing not to see chicken nuggets all the time!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ohcomeon said:

I had hopes that Ashton might have actually been working maturing but it's obvious he is not.

Rhylee has a short fuse, but with this group of guys I would too. Instead of ignoring her suggestions about how to set up the pool or offer to go down and work on setting up other items, maybe take a moment to consider that she might be correct. But Ashton seriously can not multi-task. He can do one thing or think about one thing at a time. 

How did Simone get this job? From not knowing how to pour a beer, open a bottle of wine, or make just about any type of drink, it is clear she is not prepared to work on this type of vessel. Yes, I do believe that we all get to have some on the job training but I do expect basic skills especially if you are coming in as the second stew. Production has some explaining to do on why they chose to cast her. 

While many here see's a chief stew as a glorified maid, I see it as more of an events manager at a hotel or resort. Constantly having to understand the clients needs, plan activities, schedule the days activities, and manage a small staff while dealing with the other departments. Kate came in as a professional in this industry where much of the crew on the show are either very junior in the industry and only cast because of their looks or story line or are only doing the job for the reality TV experience. I can also see Kate getting tired of having to always play the bitch. Yes, she is good at it, but 5 seasons of it would get draining and dealing with all of the production manufactured drama by putting incompetent crew members on staff and encouraging the outrageous behavior through copious amounts of alcohol. 

Great post. Especially the last paragraph. Kate runs the show on this boat and she does a great job. This is something most of the crew this season, and past seasons don' t seem to get. It's gotta be frustrating to put up with all the green arrogant and lazy crew members she's had on this show. SHe has to manage her stews, at least one of which is a total screwup every season, plan parties, appease the guests, and keep her creatives juices flowing amongst all the chaos. And now this season she has this whole hate Kate thing going with the asshole deck crew. And no ally, which she had in past seasons. No wonder she's crying in her bunk. 

I hope this is Ashton's last season. He really is toxic. 

Edited by Lady of nod
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OOPS!

I have not seen him take advantage of the local flavors at all, seafood abounds! Seriously though a trained chef would have embraced the Thai cuisine, the people that travel to that corner of the world probably like the food or at least adventuresome enough to try new things, right?

Did I miss a discussion about the food preference sheet? Usually they make mention of things like the primary hates tomatoes and then cut to the chef making an all tomato meal, lol.

The saddest cute moment was the flash back to the returning passengers little boy crying, "I'm bweeding!" Sometimes you have to love the production team for their subtitling!

Kate falling apart because someone called her a bitch, I would have thought she would have taken that as a compliment.  She has been a fucking bitch to some of her stews making half of them jump ship mid charter, it feels sucky doesn't it Kate?

Do those yachts have outside grills? He could have cooked that dinner in the oven to avoid  smoking up the galley.

They did the preference sheet meeting, but alI remember is gushing about being past guests. 

This Chef has no pride in his food.  What you got here....is....a little mozzarella, and a little that with a little of this! LMAO

Last night went to the mall.  Was like ...yea! Gonna try the Popeyes chicken sandwich. The girl at the register showed a lot more enthusiasm telling me about it......than this Chef has sounded all season! 

Yea, it was pretty good. The softest buttery warm bun with the juiciest fried chicken center all wrapped in spicy mayo and briny pickles! 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, terrymct said:

On a related Ashton topic, if you get so out of control when you drink that you have given your drunk self an "alter ego" name, you have a problem with alcohol.

Ashton is exactly like Joao "Jezabob" on Below Deck Med, particularly Joao's first season on the show. These guys somehow believe that if they get really drunk and give themselves another name, it absolves all their transgressions. Ashton thinks he's can bring out Smashton and do whatever he wants. Then he just needs to go around the next morning and give a quick apology to everyone for his alter ego's behavior and everything is all good. It's wrong on so many levels and I wish someone would call him out on it.

• Love 21