Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, scrb said:

So an eyeroll merits Rhylee's screaming jags?

She did not scream at him at all during that interaction. She actually held back her temper and by using a direct quote back to him illustrated why the comment was a dick move, he could have realized how his comment came off to her but he did not and bitched more than Rhylee did.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She did not scream at him at all during that interaction. 

What cracks me up is that it's very obvious these interactions aren't just innocent misunderstandings. Rhylees not blowing up at someone who called her a yatchie as a compliment but took it the wrong way..... oh wait.. 😉

Rhylees reactions have been to Kevin overreacting over an order request. Ashton overreacting to an argument that had nothing to do with him. Brian being a dick. Tanner overstepping about an argument that had nothing to do with him.

So, seems to me that the idea that Rhylees is just going off half cocked all the time for no reason whatsoever REEKS of gaslighting to me. I mean it's right there on film. And sometimes the producers even add subtitles to boot! So I hope when the cast sees it play out they put the puzzle pieces together but I doubt it. LOL!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm curious who's giving Rhylee immunity? And immunity from what? 

You like Rhylee and paint her as a victim.  

There have been many things.. but let’s use this one as an example.

Being bitchy or not a "girls girl" or not a whistleblower cause she's not running to the Captain narcing on the guys doesn't make her the problem. 

Again, I ask.........Do you want the boys punished or you just like commenting on misogyny?

7 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

You like Rhylee and paint her as a victim.  

There have been many things.. but let’s use this one as an example.

Being bitchy or not a "girls girl" or not a whistleblower cause she's not running to the Captain narcing on the guys doesn't make her the problem. 

Again, I ask.........Do you want the boys punished or you just like commenting on misogyny?

I'm not painting her as a victim. I'm pointing out that she's a target. There's a difference. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm not painting her as a victim. I'm pointing out that she's a target. There's a difference. 

And, I am trying to better understand your comments.....but, you are refusing to answer my questions about ......if you want to see the boys punished for ‘targeting’ Rhylee.....???

4 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

And, I am trying to better understand your comments.....but, you are refusing to answer my questions about ......if you want to see the boys punished for ‘targeting’ Rhylee.....???

I guess I don't understand the question. I'm commenting on my distaste of their behavior. 

And I don't really want to get on the mods radar so..... this is where I leave you. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The problem is Rhylee. Other women have been respected and valued members of the deck crew such as Connie and Baker. They never had one problem.

Rhylee is just a bitch. That’s why she gets along with Kate. Bitches of a feather room together.

I’m no fan of Rhylee but there is a possibility that producers encourage her to start fights, blow things out of proportion, for the drama.

It would be a reason or them to bring her back mid season to turbocharge the confrontations.

At least she’s not repeating the “I’m also a ship captain” refrain from last season.

But the rest of the cast except Kate probably wouldn’t have wanted her back.

• Love 1

The problem is Rhylee. Other women have been respected and valued members of the deck crew such as Connie and Baker. They never had one problem.

Not this deck crew (plus Kevin)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Neither Connie or Baker would have tolerated these douchenozzles! 

They both worked with a prime collection of assholes in their year. Rhylee would act a bitch if she was working with St Francis, Moses and Jesus.

In fact she would probably complain that the guy couldn’t tie his knots right because he had holes in his hands.

• LOL 2
Just now, The Ringo Kidd said:

They both worked with a prime collection of assholes in their year.

Gaslighting Rocky aside Eddie was a great and supportive manager and Connie put Emile in his place when he called her a bitch. 

• Love 4
On 12/16/2019 at 11:27 PM, escape said:

Kate thinks she's the Queen Bee who's above everyone.  I don't know what Captain Lee sees in her.  She's so uptight and not pleasant to be around.  She's a poor manager who doesn't get along with people.  She's constantly complaining about the most petty things.   She's a really just a glorified housekeeper.

I completely agree.

• Love 2
On 12/17/2019 at 12:36 PM, biakbiak said:

So Ashton has stuck his tongue down a coworkers throat without her consent and caused $1000 worth of damage during a work sponsored event but Kate throwing a pair of the deck crew’s pants, which they neither purchased or washed, is still the height of disrespect?

It is when someone is a Misogynistic creep and everything is Kate's fault.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

They both worked with a prime collection of assholes in their year. Rhylee would act a bitch if she was working with St Francis, Moses and Jesus.

In fact she would probably complain that the guy couldn’t tie his knots right because he had holes in his hands.

So wait, reacting to assholes is wrong?? And because Connie and Baker played their roles like nice little girls that's the standard? That's a very scary recipe to me. Yikes!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So wait, reacting to assholes is wrong?? And because Connie and Baker played their roles like nice little girls that's the standard? That's a very scary recipe to me. Yikes!

They weren’t nice little girls. They were professionals and did their jobs they way they were supposed to do.

Something that screeching bitch Rhylee will never be.

They weren’t nice little girls. They were professionals and did their jobs they way they were supposed to do.

Something that screeching bitch Rhylee will never be.

Hey Rhylee isn't eveyone's cup of tea and I get that. No biggie. Total agreement on how abrasive she is but what's boggling my mind is the idea that the guys aren't being absolute dickwads which is what Rhylee is reacting to. I'm just scratching my head at the idea that Rhylees imagining things and that there is nothing at all amiss with the deck crew. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Hey Rhylee isn't eveyone's cup of tea and I get that. No biggie. Total agreement on how abrasive she is but what's boggling my mind is the idea that the guys aren't being absolute dickwads which is what Rhylee is reacting to. I'm just scratching my head at the idea that Rhylees imagining things and that there is nothing at all amiss with the deck crew. 

There are some that are always in attack mode against any woman that falls outside the "play along to get along, diplomat at all cost" motif that women and only women must subscribe to.  All strong women are bitches and bullies. In the meantime, the weak-minded, lazy and incompetent are always the victims of such women through no fault of their own. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, laprin said:

There are some that are always in attack mode against any woman that falls outside the "play along to get along, diplomat at all cost" motif that women and only women must subscribe to.  All strong women are bitches and bullies. In the meantime, the weak-minded, lazy and incompetent are always the victims of such women through no fault of their own. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU! This is the point I was trying to get across. It's not so much that Rhylee isn't loud and sometimes obnoxious its the fact that the men seem to be chomping at the bit when it comes to interacting with her. It always feels like they have this "I dare you" vibe when dealing with her. As if they want to challenge her so they can have the opportunity to TRY and put her in her place. But all they end up doing is setting her off and that's what pisses me off.  It's like she's a challenge or something. Like she's a wild horse that needs breaking in since she doesn't truly understand her place among the men. It's hard to explain. I would agree that her personality is just so abrasive they don't like interacting with her but there's more to it and it becomes more and more evident when you see how they interact with the other women. 

Kate may be a bitch, mean girl, rude at times but to me it's more about how the men chose to express or voice their concerns and aggravation. Their tone, their disrespect, their entitlement is just so evident in how they address the women. It's unnerving. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10

The best thing for the deck crew to do is to freeze her out and not deal with her at all. 

That would bring lots of drama to the table.

I noticed that there was a preview where Ashton went to the Captain and said that the crew would rather be short handed than deal with Rhylee’s bullshit. That should result in some fireworks.

7 hours ago, laprin said:

I know that ^this happens too often, bbbbuttt, sometimes a strong woman is a bitch. Not because she's a strong woman, but because she's a bitch.  Rhylee is a bona fide bitch.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So the cast members that she blew up at last season, were they being dickwads as well?

Every single time Rhylee blows up at someone in these past two seasons, you're saying it was always warranted based on what the other people did or said?

22 minutes ago, scrb said:

the cast members that she blew up at last season, were they being dickwads as well?

Chandler was most definitely a dickwad and a completely shitty manager. I think she is as frequently out of line with Ross but she also extremely defensive because of how Chandler had treated her.

• Love 6

No woman should play nice when being attacked. It doesn’t matter if it’s professional, being the bigger person, or it’s kind. If you’re being attacked, even a little, you have a right to fight back and defend yourself. Period. No exceptions. 

Keep shredding them, Rhylee. They deserve it. 

Notice how the boys don’t think the other boys are over emotional, or abrasive? That tells everything. 

I don’t think Kate is treating Simone well. She’s being mean instead of teaching her the tools of the trade and then sharing it with everyone else while she yells when Simone does it. Her handling of the boys, however, is perfect. Act like a misogynistic douche, get treated like one back. Karma. 

Im not impressed by Captain Lee. He should be all over the boys and their behaviour. Not a great leader. 

2 hours ago, scrb said:

So the cast members that she blew up at last season, were they being dickwads as well?

Every single time Rhylee blows up at someone in these past two seasons, you're saying it was always warranted based on what the other people did or said?

Yes. They were dickwads too. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The best thing for the deck crew to do is to freeze her out and not deal with her at all. 

That would bring lots of drama to the table.

I noticed that there was a preview where Ashton went to the Captain and said that the crew would rather be short handed than deal with Rhylee’s bullshit. That should result in some fireworks.

The man boys are doing enough to bring drama that's for sure. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, scrb said:

I love this "always" absolute. I'm saying Rhylee isn't the only part of the problem. And I'm going so far as to suggest that the guys deliberately exasperated themselves with her because they resent that she isn't as soft spoken or diplomatic as they would like so they are already half way to pissed off during any interaction with her.  Rhylee having been on the other end of such BS is aware of it which is why she's always half way to defensive loud mouth mode herself. At the end of the day, who is in charge of trying to deescalate these type of interactions?  What's wrong with expecting the men to show some restraint? If we want to see it from Rhylee then I want to see it from the guys too. 

With Kevin, Kevin was the one who decided to have such a negative reaction to Rhylee's request. Kevin decided to be rude and condescending however Rhylee was the one that was expected to just let it roll off of her back and leave it alone. Why is that?

Ashton comes in and is absolutely completely angry with Rhylee and he himself explains why. It's clear that he thought Rhylee's decision to engage in the argument instead of distancing herself from it was the real problem. Well, why didn't Kevin say "you know what, let's drop it I don't want to have a fight at the table, no worries". Ashton completely scolds Rhylee and why again? Did Rhylee pick a fight with Ashton or was Ashton hopping mad, making declarations about Rhylee? Hmmm, so who's the aggressor again?? and when Rhylee questioned him all of a suddend Rhylee's wrong because she wanted Ashton to back up his reasoning of placing blame on her. In that interaction Rhylee was wrong? Why? Because, oh phoey! Rhylee engaged again and didn't just let it roll of her back and leave it alone. Giving Ashton free rein to spout negative bullshit about something that didn't even involve him. But here we have again, the sole responsibility for having civil calm conversation falls on just Rhylee's shoulders. And, I might add Rhylee wasn't really all that loud or yelling when she first came upon Ashton and his belly aching. She simply asked him what his problem was, who he felt was at fault and why he thought it was her to blame. She snapped at Tanner cause, well, he deserved it. Point blank. Here we have yet another man in the situation who can't be bothered to think "hmmmmm, well emotions are already high, people are heated, the conversation is going from bad to worse, maybe I shouldn't interject something else that will most likely escalate emotions" Oh no, we can't expect a man to use that sort of logic. Tanner didn't exercise good judgement and added yet another level but Rhylee was the one that was supposed to manuever through that shit show elegantly and flawless while THREE different men came for her with attitudes and disrespect. Not one of those men made an attempt to diffuse the situation, let the argument burn out or cleverly resolve the issue with an act of deference. But they're not being blamed. Nope! Rhylee was the one that was supposed to defer.

Observe the other 3 women present. Kate agreed completely with Rhylee but did she step in? Simone was happy that Rhylee was getting in Kevins ass but did she step in? Courtney is just too cool for school. You see the women are expected to be seen and not heard so that's why you see the men's head exploding when Rhylee doesn't follow the script. I'm not saying that Rhylee is faultless. I'm saying that Rhylee gets called out for any and all transgressions whether they be big or small for the simple purpose of punishing her every chance they get for daring to be the loudest women in the room. Being the most confrontational women in the room and being the most headstrong women in the room.  

The situation with Brian is classic mob mentality. The ball is now rolling with regards to Rhylee being the difficult one so now it's just an automatic to be somewhat dismissive of her during their interactions. Any circumstance, where there's a bit of stress or aggravation is going to turn into monitoring Rhylees mood, body language, tone and then of course pounced on immediately. Brian has joined the pack. THAT'S the logic that's being downplayed or not even addressed. Instead all that's being played out is "Gosh darn it Rhylee why do you have such a foul mouth? Why can't you just take it and keep quiet? Why do you have to be so strong willed?" They want her to say uncle and I'm not quite sure when and why this became "goals" for the deck crew. I think it's silly and petulant.  

It isn't just "oh Rhylee's just a bitch" that's got the men's underwear in a bunch. It's what they've decided makes her a bitch and the criteria they are using sounds a lot like male dominant chauvinism. They reserve the right to be straight disrespectful to Rhylee just because they don't like her in general. You don't have to like me but that doesn't make it okay to go out of your way to insert rudeness and disrespect every time we have to interact with each other and that's what the guys do with her. And we all know she's not gonna take shit without any push back so here we are. Who is required to adjust their behavior in this situation? I personally would go with all parties should take a less confrontational approach but they aren't so I'm not about to let the guys off the hook and not point out that they contribute just as much to the chaos as well. By being childish and petty with her. She could get a better handle on her temper and her trigger response granted and by that same token the guys could refrain from baiting her and try not to deliberate address her in a rude manner and take subtle (no so subtle) jabs whenever they get the chance. I think it falls on EVERYONE involved. The idea that it should only fall on Rhylee to keep shit peaceful is just ridiculous when it's obvious the guys aren't just innocently going about their business while Rhylee randomly attacks people. None of Rhylee's reactions are just random. 

Doesn't mean Rhylee isn't a bitch per se but my point is Rhylee isn't just starting off her day just waiting to pick fights and start with people. She reacts to negative pretty quickly and strongly but if you're not a person who enters an interaction with toxicity then Rhylee really shouldn't be a problem for you. That's how I see it. 

Don't start none won't be none. Simple. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Chandler was most definitely a dickwad and a completely shitty manager. I think she is as frequently out of line with Ross but she also extremely defensive because of how Chandler had treated her.

Yup, and even though Ross showed some patience he still had his nose bent out of shape from the fact that the deck creck was a mess because of the way Chandler handled his role as bosun. Some of those debacles ended up with Ross experiencing Rhylee's blow ups as well which then left a bad taste in his mouth. Same with Ashton. They both showed some restraint last season but you could still see the simmering "losing of patience" that they didn't try to hard to hide. I think by the time Ross took over Rhylee was already at a heightened defensiveness and lashed out too. What I did take away from last season is that when Rhylee is riled up (hee!) she does try to simplify her interactions. It may come across as curt but that's her way of just keeping it moving. Ashton and Ross didn't just leave it alone when she was in this state and would push. Not saying that it's fun to be on the other side of someone's obvious mood but at the same time maturity dictates that we leave the situation alone. And again, the men felt it was necessary to engage in a back and forth with Rhylee when they already could see she didn't want to be bothered with any extra commentary or interaction. Why not respect that and leave her to it? She was required to fake smile and be jolly and emote pleasant happy joy joy when a simple "Got it, I'm on it" should have been enough. Ross and Ashton allowed their ego to unnecessarily push a couple of that situations to explosion by engaging in their interaction with Rhylee longer than they needed to. That one time Ashton got so angry with Rhylee, telling her to calm down when she was literally calm and unflustered all started because I think Rhylee asked a question and then needed clarification which triggered Ashton into thinking she was challenging/doubting what he just said. That was enough for him to start going off on her, storm off and complain about how Rhylee is just so disruptive.. My mouth dropped all the way to the floor with that altercation. Like, what just happened? He literally worked himself into a tizzy with no help from Rhylee and at the end of it he was talking about her erratic behavior. Like huh?? Waaaa?? 

The fight she had with Ross was all Ross's doing as well. Rhylee is obviously aggravated. Ross gives her some sort of instruction. She give a short, quick complying answer. Ross pauses, assesses then decides to continues to interact with Rhylee. I think he repeats himself and right there I could tell he was unhappy with her mood so he's giving her another chance to respond to him in a more pleasant way. Why? Cause he wasn't satisfied with her original response that wasn't dripping with sweetness? This is what I mean. A woman in a bad mood is somehow unacceptable. Something that men feel needs to be addressed and corrected. That's what I feel is usually what's going on when the men come after Rhylee. "oh wait, you had a tone in your voice, let's do that again and this time my dear, fix your mood when addressing me" That might sound cynical but when your ear is trained to hear you recognize it when it rear it's ugly head.  Some women explain it away as simply as the men and chose not to truly see it as an obstacle but I'm not one of those women who let men off the hook so I can be seen as one of the guys. Neither is Rhylee I've noticed. Rhylee isn't trying to be one of the guys she's trying to be Rhylee, expects to be apart of the crew/team and treated as such. There's a difference. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, pupper said:

No woman should play nice when being attacked. It doesn’t matter if it’s professional, being the bigger person, or it’s kind. If you’re being attacked, even a little, you have a right to fight back and defend yourself. Period. No exceptions. 

Keep shredding them, Rhylee. They deserve it. 

EXACTLY!!

And that's what seems to be expected of Riley and it drives me insane.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I love this "always" absolute. I'm saying Rhylee isn't the only part of the problem. And I'm going so far as to suggest that the guys deliberately exasperated themselves with her because they resent that she isn't as soft spoken or diplomatic as they would like so they are already half way to pissed off during any interaction with her.  Rhylee having been on the other end of such BS is aware of it which is why she's always half way to defensive loud mouth mode herself. At the end of the day, who is in charge of trying to deescalate these type of interactions?  What's wrong with expecting the men to show some restraint? If we want to see it from Rhylee then I want to see it from the guys too. 

With Kevin, Kevin was the one who decided to have such a negative reaction to Rhylee's request. Kevin decided to be rude and condescending however Rhylee was the one that was expected to just let it roll off of her back and leave it alone. Why is that?

Ashton comes in and is absolutely completely angry with Rhylee and he himself explains why. It's clear that he thought Rhylee's decision to engage in the argument instead of distancing herself from it was the real problem. Well, why didn't Kevin say "you know what, let's drop it I don't want to have a fight at the table, no worries". Ashton completely scolds Rhylee and why again? Did Rhylee pick a fight with Ashton or was Ashton hopping mad, making declarations about Rhylee? Hmmm, so who's the aggressor again?? and when Rhylee questioned him all of a suddend Rhylee's wrong because she wanted Ashton to back up his reasoning of placing blame on her. In that interaction Rhylee was wrong? Why? Because, oh phoey! Rhylee engaged again and didn't just let it roll of her back and leave it alone. Giving Ashton free rein to spout negative bullshit about something that didn't even involve him. But here we have again, the sole responsibility for having civil calm conversation falls on just Rhylee's shoulders. And, I might add Rhylee wasn't really all that loud or yelling when she first came upon Ashton and his belly aching. She simply asked him what his problem was, who he felt was at fault and why he thought it was her to blame. She snapped at Tanner cause, well, he deserved it. Point blank. Here we have yet another man in the situation who can't be bothered to think "hmmmmm, well emotions are already high, people are heated, the conversation is going from bad to worse, maybe I shouldn't interject something else that will most likely escalate emotions" Oh no, we can't expect a man to use that sort of logic. Tanner didn't exercise good judgement and added yet another level but Rhylee was the one that was supposed to manuever through that shit show elegantly and flawless while THREE different men came for her with attitudes and disrespect. Not one of those men made an attempt to diffuse the situation, let the argument burn out or cleverly resolve the issue with an act of deference. But they're not being blamed. Nope! Rhylee was the one that was supposed to defer.

Observe the other 3 women present. Kate agreed completely with Rhylee but did she step in? Simone was happy that Rhylee was getting in Kevins ass but did she step in? Courtney is just too cool for school. You see the women are expected to be seen and not heard so that's why you see the men's head exploding when Rhylee doesn't follow the script. I'm not saying that Rhylee is faultless. I'm saying that Rhylee gets called out for any and all transgressions whether they be big or small for the simple purpose of punishing her every chance they get for daring to be the loudest women in the room. Being the most confrontational women in the room and being the most headstrong women in the room.  

The situation with Brian is classic mob mentality. The ball is now rolling with regards to Rhylee being the difficult one so now it's just an automatic to be somewhat dismissive of her during their interactions. Any circumstance, where there's a bit of stress or aggravation is going to turn into monitoring Rhylees mood, body language, tone and then of course pounced on immediately. Brian has joined the pack. THAT'S the logic that's being downplayed or not even addressed. Instead all that's being played out is "Gosh darn it Rhylee why do you have such a foul mouth? Why can't you just take it and keep quiet? Why do you have to be so strong willed?" They want her to say uncle and I'm not quite sure when and why this became "goals" for the deck crew. I think it's silly and petulant.  

It isn't just "oh Rhylee's just a bitch" that's got the men's underwear in a bunch. It's what they've decided makes her a bitch and the criteria they are using sounds a lot like male dominant chauvinism. They reserve the right to be straight disrespectful to Rhylee just because they don't like her in general. You don't have to like me but that doesn't make it okay to go out of your way to insert rudeness and disrespect every time we have to interact with each other and that's what the guys do with her. And we all know she's not gonna take shit without any push back so here we are. Who is required to adjust their behavior in this situation? I personally would go with all parties should take a less confrontational approach but they aren't so I'm not about to let the guys off the hook and not point out that they contribute just as much to the chaos as well. By being childish and petty with her. She could get a better handle on her temper and her trigger response granted and by that same token the guys could refrain from baiting her and try not to deliberate address her in a rude manner and take subtle (no so subtle) jabs whenever they get the chance. I think it falls on EVERYONE involved. The idea that it should only fall on Rhylee to keep shit peaceful is just ridiculous when it's obvious the guys aren't just innocently going about their business while Rhylee randomly attacks people. None of Rhylee's reactions are just random. 

Doesn't mean Rhylee isn't a bitch per se but my point is Rhylee isn't just starting off her day just waiting to pick fights and start with people. She reacts to negative pretty quickly and strongly but if you're not a person who enters an interaction with toxicity then Rhylee really shouldn't be a problem for you. That's how I see it. 

Don't start none won't be none. Simple. 

Wow, thank you for hanging in there and responding and replying to so many questions and misunderstandings!
You have repeatedly phrased exactly what I was thinking (with some occasional disagreements) but couldn't and wouldn't take the time to draft and post.

It's clear that some people continue to disagree (and that's A-OK) and some continue to paint Rhylee with an all-encompassing and all-covering black paint, which is not okay to me.
To my eyes, it's a much more nuanced situation and sometimes conversations happened quickly, loudly, and ended quickly making it hard to make sense of what just happened.  You've captured so many of the nuances and explained them in detail. I can't imagine how much time you've spend explaining, that which is clear to me, to posters who see this in a completely different light.
There are no heroes here, but neither are there black hat villains. Rhylee is certainly not the Alpha and the Omega of the problems on this boat.

Not sure what else there is to say except thank you for your service! 

Edited by lcarolynl
Edited to correct "pain" to "paint". There might be more problems, I'm not a detail oriented person
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Rhylee is caustic. She should put a little sweetness in her voice when she is arguing with the guys or whoever she is targeting with her poison. She is a very unlikable person and I would not want to know her.

Should she smile more too? Let these little boys follow half the suggestions you want to her to follow and see how much better their interactions with everyone will be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 12/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, escape said:

This contradicts what Kate recently said on the After Show.  When asked about Kevin, she said the Chef are Chief Stew - are lateral.  He is not below her in rank.  And Captain Lee concurred.

Yes that confused me, because I remember Ben climbing on his high horse and telling Hannah he was her superior.  She didn’t contradict him. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Yes that confused me, because I remember Ben climbing on his high horse and telling Hannah he was her superior.  She didn’t contradict him. 

He told that to Adrienne first season, to Hannah and Kate he just bellowed about him being in control of everything food related. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He told that to Adrienne first season, to Hannah and Kate he just bellowed about him being in control of everything food related. 

The stripes just confuse me because they seem so random. Courtney received her second to punish Simone, while Simone, a rather incompetent second stew, already had two. So why is Kate superior with her three, over the bosun and chef?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

The stripes just confuse me because they seem so random. Courtney received her second to punish Simone, while Simone, a rather incompetent second stew, already had two. So why is Kate superior with her three, over the bosun and chef?

Second stews get two stripes, Kate made Simone second stew the first day based on her resume because she had more experience so it had nothing to do with being competent. Courtney had two stripes on her last boat because there were only two stews in the interior.

These show have a streamlined hierarchy because the first mate doesn’t appear on screen and the Captain can decide how he wants the leadership to flow.

• Love 2