Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Kate blames Ashton for aborting the beach lunch because it may not be safe for the kids and the elderly.

Then makes a show out of promoting Courtney in front of Simone.

Way to live up to the "bitch" label.

Rhylee and Kate in that same cabin.  At least they're not inflicting themselves on anyone else in close quarters.

Yes it's true the other crew members aren't great but which ones are generating the most drama and antagonism?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

Ashton thinks he's can bring out Smashton and do whatever he wants.

I think the best thing in the world is the fact that "Smashton" has yet to smash anyone this season. Not in the way he intends that name to mean. It really is the best revenge for a douchey nickname. 

4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

To me mostly the deck crew and Kevin.

100%

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

Not true... If so, assholes would be punished.

Actually assholes do get punished. 

Tanner and Ashtons asshole behavior brings them the contempt of the viewers. Rhylee’s aggressions and volatile behavior leads to the deck crew ostracizing her and a miserable time on board. Simones dithering and incompetence leads to her demotion and being stuffed into the laundry. Kevin’s arrogance lead to the enmity of the Captain.

The only one who skates year after year is Kate.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, esco1822 said:

How did she skate? She had a conversation with the captain (her direct supervisor) the same as Ashton. And if you count the contempt of the viewers for Ashton and Tanner, how can you fail to also count that for Kate? She gets plenty of it. 

She Skates because the Dud of the Sea will never hold her accountable for anything she does. When you saw how she abused a troubled and fragile subordinate last season you know that there is nothing she can do that will effect her status as Queen Bitch. It just so happens that everyone is wise to her wicked ways this season and her designated flying monkey (Courtney) refuses to play along with her mean girl reindeer games.

That is why she is weeping all alone in her bunk. Poor, poor Kate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

As far as her altercation with Brian, he asked her please to not call him a yachtie three times, but she just had to say it again.  I

She actually said she wouldn’t call him it again but than explained what yachtie meant to her and that’s when he called her a bitch. It should also be noted when they were both much more sober at the pool she called him a yachtie and he didn’t take issue with it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

As far as her altercation with Brian, he asked her please to not call him a yachtie three times, but she just had to say it again.  I think she meant it as a compliment, but he didn't. 

She didn't call him a yachtie again, she tried to explain to him what she thinks "yachtie" means to her and further how it was meant as a compliment and not in a derogatory way. 

• Love 20
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I just can't stand Rhylee. The brus can be very cliquish and annoying, but looks for EVERY reason to be offended and cause a fight.

She is exhausting. 

Don't talk to me like that!

Don't look at me like that!

Don't yell at me like that!

Don't ignore me like that!

Ashton is right about one thing, you have to walk on eggshells with Rhylee. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Um, he totally held her accountable in this very episode. 

No he didn’t. He gave her a tongue bath. Where is the tough talk he uses with everyone else? He needed to point out to her that her behavior was unacceptable for someone in a leadership position. I also think he has to be a lot tougher with Ashton. He has already had his three strikes.

The Dud of the Sea is a phony paper tiger and also needs to be replaced

I can’t wait to see the new Captain and Chief Stew on Below Deck Sailboat. This franchise desperately needs a change:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

people typically don’t do cannonballs intentionally in their direction.

I seem to recall last week one of the guys (Ashton probably but I don't remember) doing a cannonball and splashing (IIRC) not only their co-workers, but some random people at the poolside bar. Completely immature. 

ETA: now I see it was the same cannonball that damaged the equipment (I posted before I got to that part of the show). He's still an immature jerk.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

e needed to point out to her that her behavior was unacceptable for someone in a leadership position

He literally said that she and Ashton were leadership on the boat and needed to behave more appropriately. It was similar to what he said to Ashton who caused a thousand dollar in damages

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19

My question is does he hold Kate to the same standards he pretends to have with the rest of the crew? I don’t see it. I see him giving her free reign to control the chef and call the tune on the whole ship while he sits back and eats cereal.

I think I broke the code. Captain Lee seems very lazy. Why doesn’t he find a beach that wasn’t so dangerous with rocks and shoals? Why doesn’t he watch the tide charts and know when it is not feasible to send a boat ashore? It’s not a mystery...the tide charts are available to anyone. Why is it left up to the deck crew instead of the Captain to make these decisions that effect the safety of the passengers? Why doesn’t he do his research? Why isn’t his ship and crew prepared?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think I broke the code. Captain Lee seems very lazy. Why doesn’t he find a beach that wasn’t so dangerous with rocks and shoals? Why doesn’t he watch the tide charts and know when it is not feasible to send a boat ashore? It’s not a mystery...the tide charts are available to anyone. Why is it left up to the deck crew instead of the Captain to make these decisions that effect the safety of the passengers? Why doesn’t he do his research? Why isn’t his ship and crew prepared?

I like Captain Lee but I did think the same thing in this episode. I know they've mentioned the tides are irregular in Thailand but they've been there long enough that Captain Lee should be able to anchor somewhere where there is a viable beach option. Normally I like his hands-off approach, but this seems to be a legitimately difficult (possibly dangerous) task and it also affects the tip. These reasons means it's in everyone's best interest for Captain Lee to get involved.

• Love 3

I don't think people have to walk on eggshells with Rhylee I think assholes need to make sure they don't come at her the wrong way. I don't see anything wrong with carrying yourself in a way that makes it clear that you don't plan on suffering fools or assholes for that matter. The deck crew is already on high alert for any sort of "aggravation" from Rhylee. Come to think of it it's the other way around. Just like last season. Rhylee can't show even a hint of irritation or aggravation without someone telling her to "calm down" or "relax" Ashton did that shit to her last season when all she was doing was asking a question.

Rhylee works and WANTS to do her job. She likes to know what she's doing because looking incompetent is a big deal to her. I noticed that she likes to ask questions and for some reason that was a problem for Chandler and he expressed a lot of frustration towards her. That didn't sit well with Rhylee cause all she was trying to do was get more information so she could do her work properly. A lot of the back and forth last season had to do with her trying to clarify what needed to get done. I really don't appreciate it when men quickly label a woman troublesome because they have to answer questions or explain something. 

Rhylee's short fuse doesn't help matters but honest to goodness she's continually faced with rudeness and condescension from these guys and I know for a fact I would react in a similar way because I don't play that shit. I WILL put you in your place and I WILL make it clear that you aren't going to act any ole sort of way when interacting with me.  The guys find any excuse to express frustration with her. Was it necessary for Brian to tell her to calm down? Was she having a meltdown or was she as confused and frustrated with how the task was going just like everyone else? How about don't antagonize someone who has made it clear that she will push back every time. Problem is people are quick to be slick but then count on the other person letting it roll off their back cause it "ain't that serious". Rhyleee has made it clear that she doesn't like being spoken AT so maybe keep it simple and not be rude when addressing her. I hate that having to behave properly equates to walking on eggshells to some.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

The guys find any excuse to express frustration with her. Was it necessary for Brian to tell her to calm down? Was she having a meltdown or was she as confused and frustrated with how the task was going just like everyone else?

I am 180 degrees opposite from Rylee, and her short fuse has irritated me. But I was totally on her side when she was told to "calm down." Even with my even-temper, I think I would have popped a gasket with that nonsense.

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I am 180 degrees opposite from Rylee, and her short fuse has irritated me. But I was totally on her side when she was told to "calm down." Even with my even-temper, I think I would have popped a gasket with that nonsense.

Seriously.  How do these bros not know that it is unwise to tell a woman (or really any adult person) to "calm down."  Sheesh.

ETA:  To quote Olympia Dukakis in Moonstruck, "what you don't know about women is a lot."😂

Edited by Special K
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

My question is does he hold Kate to the same standards he pretends to have with the rest of the crew? I don’t see it. I see him giving her free reign to control the chef and call the tune on the whole ship while he sits back and eats cereal.

It is Mother Nature!  Sea conditions change within minutes.

That was not a ship.  It is a tender. 

The Thai isles are notorious for this. This is what I remember.

All the time the tide  changes.  You can literally be on the beach chilling. Go to lunch.  Come back....and, the beach is gone! 

You can arrive at shore on boat and be in dry land.

On your way back to the ferry.....you gotta swim to get back on the ferry.

These are natural islands. You pull up to the shores.

These are not the man made islands you are used to sailing with Carnival Cruise Lines......with the added convenience of heavy duty boarding  docks. 

Remember the tsunami that took out the beach communities in 14 Asian countries...including Thailand...???! This is the same locations they are filming this season.

The unpredictable Thai tides have affected all the charters.

Anyone that cruises or go on safaris know the risks.  Landings and sightings are not guaranteed.

There is no negotiating ahead of time with Mother Nature or the apes!

When I went to Antarctica we made all of our landings.  Our weather was great!  My friend went a few seasons later....and, only made 2 shore landings out of a possible 10. There was one landing where conditions changed rapidly and could not safely board the zodiacs. They spent 5 hours inside a tent on shore.

Better stuck on a yacht than at shore!

Lives, first!

Attacking  an experienced Captain who has not had any casualties on this show....makes no sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
44 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The Captain's job isn't to run the interior of the boat.  That's why he has a chief stew and a chef.   He doesn't plan events, they do.   If things go wrong that are within the control of the chief stew, chef, or chief bosun, then he should hold them accountable.   

From the episodes we've seen here in Thailand, there doesn't appear to be many shore areas with broad beach areas.   I don't like Ashton, but I can understand why he changed his mind about that spot.   It's too bad that he or another of the deck hands didn't scout it out that morning before loading people into the boat.

All issues of safety of the passengers aren't delegated to the chief bosun or chief stew, but certain topics are certainly theirs to make calls on.  It's part of their jobs.

Just because the Captain (or the other bridge crew or engineer, etc) isn't shown working, it doesn't mean he doesn't work.  All we see are primarily moments when he interacts with the stews, bosun, or guests, which is a fraction of the work.   It's a boat, not a building sitting on shore.

• Love 9

I just don't get why Rhylee is the one who is "wrong" all the time. I can't stand this culture where fuckers want to be slick. Be antagonistic but the only thing wrong is Rhylee's reaction. I mean sure there is something to be said for the philosophy of controlling your responses but it's also okay snap back immediately and firmly. Rhylee gets flack because she's not being diplomatic about the rudeness and I resent the idea that they seem to think she's required to stifle her annoyance with them while they are just fine allowing themselves to create conflict by acting poorly in the first place. Uggggghhhh it really chaps my ass. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I just don't get why Rhylee is the one who is "wrong" all the time. I can't stand this culture where fuckers want to be slick. Be antagonistic but the only thing wrong is Rhylee's reaction. I mean sure there is something to be said for the philosophy of controlling your responses but it's also okay snap back immediately and firmly. Rhylee gets flack because she's not being diplomatic about the rudeness and I resent the idea that they seem to think she's required to stifle her annoyance with them while they are just fine allowing themselves to create conflict by acting poorly in the first place. Uggggghhhh it really chaps my ass. 

Because, Rhylee is an incompetent casting plant!

She almost killed a deckhand last season! 

She won’t tie the knots like told.  
(Yea, this is super important)

What does her dumb ass replied.....’well, this is not what I do on my fishing excursions!’ 

As you can see she tried out again, and kept as an alternate.

She just wants to stir shyt to stay on the show.

I am gonna take Courtney’s man away.....and, fck him! She is so trashy! 

23 minutes ago, terrymct said:

The Captain's job isn't to run the interior of the boat.  That's why he has a chief stew and a chef.   He doesn't plan events, they do.   If things go wrong that are within the control of the chief stew, chef, or chief bosun, then he should hold them accountable.   

From the episodes we've seen here in Thailand, there doesn't appear to be many shore areas with broad beach areas.   I don't like Ashton, but I can understand why he changed his mind about that spot.   It's too bad that he or another of the deck hands didn't scout it out that morning before loading people into the boat.

All issues of safety of the passengers aren't delegated to the chief bosun or chief stew, but certain topics are certainly theirs to make calls on.  It's part of their jobs.

Just because the Captain (or the other bridge crew or engineer, etc) isn't shown working, it doesn't mean he doesn't work.  All we see are primarily moments when he interacts with the stews, bosun, or guests, which is a fraction of the work.   It's a boat, not a building sitting on shore.

There is an engineer that works alongside the crew deck.  Sometimes, you can see him in the shots.  I have a feeling he travels with the camera crew and tells Ashton what to do in his earpiece.  

This show could benefit from a Producer tell-all After Show.

I see they started doing a version of it with Housewives this season.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

almost killed a deckhand last season! 

Ashton standing between two lines almost got himself killed, Rhylee just didn’t follow proper protocol when she said “man overboard”.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

What does her dumb ass replied.....’well, this is not what I do on my fishing excursions!’ 

I'm pretty sure I remember her specifically telling Ashton she didn't know how to tie those knots when he asked her to and said to him "let me try." I'm not a Rhylee apologist but it seemed pretty clear this was something she was unfamiliar with so Ashton probably should have made sure she was able to do it properly before walking away. 

4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Ashton standing between two lines almost got himself killed, Rhylee just didn’t follow proper protocol when she said “man overboard”.

She's also the only person to say anything so while she wasn't loud about it, Captain heard her and was able to slow down. Had she not said a word, it could have been a whole other result. Captain Lee confirmed this last season. That error is 100% on Ashton. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Because, Rhylee is an incompetent casting plant!

At least she works. And is capable as long as she gets clear and basic instruction. Her short fuse is definitely a plus for production of course and I'm not saying people can't be annoyed at some of her character traits I just think asshole, misogynistic men with huuuuuggeee respect and personal space issues is waaaaaayyy more of an unforgivable offense. But that's just me of course. 

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I agree with you on that one. And her attitude about the knots was poor. Saying that's not how we do it on the fishing boat is just asking for trouble. Honestly she should have learned all her knots before stepping on the boat. 

I don't like Tanner (I think it was) but it was funny when he said "If you don't know knots, tie lots." Since I am a terrible knot person, that's my personal solution.

Edited by dleighg
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Battlefield mentality!  

They don’t like her. They don’t want her. I don’t blame them.

I like her kind of comedy and shyt stirring......but, not as a deck crew.

Rhylee should be on 3rd stew duty! 

Kate Vs Rhylee........(possibly) ratings Gold! 

Can you imagine Rhylee and Ashton on Naked and Afraid together???  Hahahahaha!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I don't like Tanner (I think it was) but it was funny when he said "If you don't know knots, tie lots."

If it makes you feel better it’s a fairly common phrase in sailing so he didn’t come up with it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I'm pretty sure I remember her specifically telling Ashton she didn't know how to tie those knots when he asked her to and said to him "let me try." I'm not a Rhylee apologist but it seemed pretty clear this was something she was unfamiliar with so Ashton probably should have made sure she was able to do it properly before walking away. 

See this is 75% of the problem right there. No one actually hears Rhylee out then turns it around on her being 100% of the problem. I think she's always been up front about whatever it is she needs help with it's when she's talked over, disregarded and talked down to that you see her explosive side. Should she tone it down yeah, she should but I feel like every conflict she's ever been in started innocently enough and then someone says or does something slick to her for no good reason and then we see her stand up for herself. Her biggest problem is that most of the time she uses a cannon when a pistol would have been enough. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Special K said:

And, you know, not rolling his eyes at the camera.  Way to be a good boss.

And that's the type of snide shit that gets Rhylee going. I know it's a bit immature to let the other trigger her so easily but at the same time the energy and vibe isn't something she should have to put up with. It's not right to purposely create such a volatile environment but it seems the guys want to make shit more difficult by deliberately being difficult with her. Then getting mad when she does what they know she's going to do. Childish all around.

• Love 6

This show could benefit from a Producer tell-all After Show.

I see they started doing a version of it with Housewives this season.  

I love that idea! I also think the show has earned a two-part WWHL reunion show at this point. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

And that's the type of snide shit that gets Rhylee going. I know it's a bit immature to let the other trigger her so easily but at the same time the energy and vibe isn't something she should have to put up with. It's not right to purposely create such a volatile environment but it seems the guys want to make shit more difficult by deliberately being difficult with her. Then getting mad when she does what they know she's going to do. Childish all around.

Yes, childish all around! 

It is Rhylee  that fcks up the zen..though! 🤣

She has the most severe unprofessional attitude. 

Another charter.....same comebacks!

‘Well....on my fishing excursion......’

She shows no growth. 

Instead, more interested in revenge fckin her deck crew mate (that hates her)  and sinking the boat.

She is awful.....and, co-signs the misogyny attitude in the boys. 

Women can do better.....and, not hurt other women, too! 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Oh, Ashton,how far you have fallen.  I think the Bosun job turns guys into assholes ( see Nico, Conrad and last year’s bosun whose name I cant remember). Last year he was my favorite, this year he totally seems like a douche.

Are you talking about Ross or Joao "this is how we do it in Zim*" Franco?

*tm Watch What Crappens

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So the DJ equipment was damaged, let's look at this closely...you have DJ equipment by a pool, the booze is flowing, someone jumps in the pool and splashes the equipment...seems like bad planning on the resort's part, maybe putting the DJ further from the pool would have been an idea.

You are SO right!  Why would you have the equipment so close to the water?  A pool, to me is a place to splash around in, dive and jump in.  Put the dj further away if it can't get wet.

4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yea, it was pretty good. The softest buttery warm bun with the juiciest fried chicken center all wrapped in spicy mayo and briny pickles! 

They use brioche buns, right?  Brioche is the BEST.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She is exhausting. 

Don't talk to me like that!

Don't look at me like that!

Don't yell at me like that!

Don't ignore me like that!

Ashton is right about one thing, you have to walk on eggshells with Rhylee. 

I think one of Rhylee's triggers is when someone tells her to "calm down".  She flipped out in last night's episode when Brian said that to her, and I recall her flipping out about those same words with Ross (was that his name-?) last season.  It's like she's one of Pavlov's dogs and those words are her whistle.

I do think that Rhylee is a loose cannon, with major anger management issues that she needs to address, but at times, I can totally understand her frustration with the "brus" on this charter, starting with Ashton.  I don't agree with her methods of dealing with things, because lashing out and using constant foul language isn't going to get you any satisfaction, just more dislike (as we've seen).  

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Meanwhile, Brian also apologized, as did Ashton for the cannon-ball splash up, and naturally, Kate gave them the cold shoulder and her cute ass remark to Ashton, as per usual.  Kate holds a grudge and is difficult.  Respect is earned and not given merely because you have more strips.  She can cry me a river.

Brian's apology was garbage, as we can see from his THs where he says Kate needed to be put in her place and confirming he had no regrets for what he said. Also, he apologized when both were still drunk, i'd like to see her reaction had he come to her when they were sober. As for Ashton, he didn't have any reason to apologize to Kate specifically though it seems he did it solely to get an apology from her...which she also did not owe him. 

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Meanwhile, Brian also apologized, as did Ashton for the cannon-ball splash up, and naturally, Kate gave them the cold shoulder and her cute ass remark to Ashton, as per usual.  Kate holds a grudge and is difficult.  R

Let apologized to Brian before he called her a bitch.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Well actually she is above everyone but the Capt. I don't see anyone else with three stripes.

All the male crew on this boat are misogynistic assholes. 

Yes Kate is a little extra bitchy this season but there is a hierarchy on boats that none of these boys seem to be aware of and they're very disrespectful of her....

If Ashton had three stripes, we’d constantly hear about how the stripes should be respected. It’s so awfully misogynistic this season it gives me a stomach ache to watch. And I watch to escape, not be made ill!

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 18
Just now, Sampson said:

I call BS on the beach picnic situation. They always send the crew first to set up. Always. They sent the guests for the added drama of being in the middle of the decision to abort.

They weren’t doing a beach picnic. They were going to take everyone to the beach to hang out and while they were all out on the beach they were going to set up the spread on the dining table so that it would all be ready when they got back from the beach.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6