Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I call BS on the beach picnic situation. They always send the crew first to set up. Always. They sent the guests for the added drama of being in the middle of the decision to abort.

But I don't think they were having a "Beach Picnic." I think it was just a "Beach Excursion." (though to do what? Sit on the sand for awhile?). Because Kate and Kevin were planning a "nice lunch immediately when they returned."

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

But I don't think they were having a "Beach Picnic." I think it was just a "Beach Excursion." (though to do what? Sit on the sand for awhile?). Because Kate and Kevin were planning a "nice lunch immediately when they returned."

My bad, still don't they send some sort of accommodation? A tent with beverages? It seemed very scripted to me.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, dleighg said:

From the shot it seemed like this was a bigger public beach.  Perhaps, with concessions, umbrellas, etc.

It was not one of the more private spots we have seen  before.

I cannot remember....but, is this the same beach the grandparents came from??  They just gave them a chance to come onboard first??  It didn’t even sound like it was planned, either.  There was a minor discussion about the grandparents can make it to the boat on their own...kinda chatter. (This is what I remember and not watching the show again..lol)

13 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

She threw some pants on the floor. Big deal. She didn't crash the boat, let the tender or pool float away, drop a guest on a rock, let the kitchen catch on fire, drink during charter, do a cannonball and destroy equipment. Do I need to go on?

Did she swim ......bum out....

during charter without getting the Captain’s permission???  🤣

Edited by Dance4Life
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I assume they were going to the beach to give the kids a chance to run around and burn off some energy. They couldn't use the slide nor really do much in the water with the funny pool, although the guests didn't know that when they made the request, before boarding the boat.
But providing a safe place to run and explore the water's edge sounds like a good child friendly excursion to me.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Are you talking about Ross or Joao "this is how we do it in Zim*" Franco?

*tm Watch What Crappens

You are SO right!  Why would you have the equipment so close to the water?  A pool, to me is a place to splash around in, dive and jump in.  Put the dj further away if it can't get wet.

They use brioche buns, right?  Brioche is the BEST.

Spoiler

CHICKEN SANDWICH

A tender all-white meat chicken breast fillet, marinated in an authentic blend of Louisiana seasonings, then hand battered and breaded in our all new buttermilk coating. Served with crisp barrel cured pickles and Classic or Spicy Mayonnaise, served on a warm and toasted buttery brioche bun.

I checked to see if they were claiming brioche....Yep, you are right!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:
  Hide contents

CHICKEN SANDWICH

A tender all-white meat chicken breast fillet, marinated in an authentic blend of Louisiana seasonings, then hand battered and breaded in our all new buttermilk coating. Served with crisp barrel cured pickles and Classic or Spicy Mayonnaise, served on a warm and toasted buttery brioche bun.

I checked to see if they were claiming brioche....Yep, you are right!

They CLAIM it's a brioche bun, but it's nothing special.  Nor is their chicken.  Popeye's has been the closest fast food place in my neighborhood forever; I'd rather drive an extra 1/4 of a mile for a really shitty burger.

Not that I would, when El Pollo Loco is just as close.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 2
17 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

They CLAIM it's a brioche bun, but it's nothing special.  Nor is their chicken.  Popeye's has been the closest fast food place in my neighborhood forever; I'd rather drive an extra 1/4 of a mile for a really shitty burger.

Not that I would, when El Pollo Loco is just as close.

Oh..oh!  😬

Mine was delicious!!!  

I don’t eat a lot of fast food except when I travel. 

Back in May, I ate a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich and it was really good, too! 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Oh..oh!  😬

Mine was delicious!!!  

I don’t eat a lot of fast food except when I travel. 

Back in May, I ate a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich and it was really good, too! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Another place you couldn't pay me to frequent - and they're just as close to home.

Any food I don't make at home is a rare treat, so I don't like wasting my meager funds on crap.

But if I had money to burn, I certainly wouldn't consider any of Kevin's offerings to be worthwhile.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Well actually she is above everyone but the Capt. I don't see anyone else with three stripes.

This contradicts what Kate recently said on the After Show.  When asked about Kevin, she said the Chef are Chief Stew - are lateral.  He is not below her in rank.  And Captain Lee concurred.

• Love 2

I can't stand Rhylee so even though Brian was a jerk, I'm on his side.  Rhylee is exhausting.  She managed to piss off and alienate her deck crew last season and she's right on track, doing the same this season.  She needs to quit assuming that everything is some personal dig against her because she's a woman or because the guys are intimidated by her or whatever else.  She goes zero to 60 way too quickly and she needs to remember she is the third deckhand, not lead deckhand, so settle down.  

Thank God she and Simone aren't bunking together.  I could just imagine all the whining and bitching about the unfairness of everything in that cabin.  

Courtney continues to be amazingly awesome.

The cheese (no pun intended) may stand alone but Kevin doesn't bother me.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Wryly seems to have a ginormous chip on her shoulder, and I very much doubt it was attained by way of her being a female Alaskan charter boat captain.   

That said, I'd imagine the current crop of misogynistic dickhands has exacerbated her character flaws.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

From the shot it seemed like this was a bigger public beach.  Perhaps, with concessions, umbrellas, etc.

It was not one of the more private spots we have seen  before.

I cannot remember....but, is this the same beach the grandparents came from??  They just gave them a chance to come onboard first??  It didn’t even sound like it was planned, either.  There was a minor discussion about the grandparents can make it to the boat on their own...kinda chatter. (This is what I remember and not watching the show again..lol)

Did she swim ......bum out....

during charter without getting the Captain’s permission???  🤣

While drinking a beer and making out with a deck crew member - all without getting the bosun's permission, as well!  🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Chef Dickhead’s pork popsicle looked like a turd. And it went over like a turd in the punch bowl. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And here I thought he'd just made a mold of his own (apparently inadequate) penis.  ;~)

• LOL 6

Kate drinks on charter all the time. Several of the stews have said that she hits the wine hard and has it in a coffee cup or a reusable water bottle.

All of them have been particularly nasty drunks this year. Almost Travis level alkies. It must be the heat, strong alcohol and dehydration. I attribute the brutal level of the fights to all of those factors.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kate drinks on charter all the time. Several of the stews have said that she hits the wine hard and has it in a coffee cup or a reusable water bottle.

All of them have been particularly nasty drunks this year. Almost Travis level alkies. It must be the heat, strong alcohol and dehydration. I attribute the brutal level of the fights to all of those factors.

Just watching these chucklefucks drives me to drink (except when they're drinking, and I'm forced to consider abstinence).  If I had to work with them, I'd probably be mainlining heroin to keep myself from becoming the next female serial killer (or would that be mass murderer?).  ;~)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

what zen? The boys club? Meh.

Yes!  The boys club she is desperately trying to join!

Rhylee co-signs the  misogynistic deck crew culture. 

I would laugh off her ‘some’ of her antics for the show’s sake.....but, Rhylee has participated in the demeaning of Simone and Courtney. 

She is not a girl’s girl.
If you confessed to her you had a crush or slept with someone.....she would tell everyone and then go try and sleep with the same guy.......just for sport!

Rhylee is a charlatan!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, missyb said:

On the bravotv site, Captain Lee talks about why he will always have Kate's back. She hopped on a plane to come to  his sons funeral, hopped off because the dog got anxious and drove the rest of the way. Took care of his wife.

I remember seeing that on Kate’s social media but didn’t make the connection of where she was going.  I don’t think she mentioned it when she was posting about her dog and then driving. 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, missyb said:

On the bravotv site, Captain Lee talks about why he will always have Kate's back. She hopped on a plane to come to  his sons funeral, hopped off because the dog got anxious and drove the rest of the way. Took care of his wife.

That alone gives her a lifetime pass from me.

Bitch to people, considerate to animals = moi.

And now I need to wipe some tears & snot, because kindness to critters gets me in the fucking feels, like nothing else.  Nevermind kindness to to a grieving parent.

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Tears and Snot was my favorite punk rock band from the 1980’s.

I have no desire to even look this up to see if it's for realz.    I just know we are both relentless when it comes to reality TeeVee snark, and sappy enough to meet on the Heartland thread.

There, I outed you and me.  Our secret passion was inevitably destined to be exposed.  ;~)

• LOL 4
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Hey I love wholesome shows and the Hallmark channel!

I just slum on the Reality TV threads.

See, I love the low down dirty reality shows, and cannot tolerate anything Hallmark except that smarmy Heartland show - because, horsies!  :~)

Still watch 2 rerun episodes every morning, just to combat the poisonous offerings from Bravo and Satan Andy.

Now that you know my weakness, you will need to die.  HEE!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I forgot to mention I think Simone is ridiculous in her “yes it’s just casual” and not realizing it’s a booty call but we saw Tanner again come and ask her for a quick peck when she was working which is also sending mixed signals. Not to mention he is just an ass in general. Good to know his annoying parents didn’t set a very good example for him if he thinks no one is really happy to be married!

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I forgot to mention I think Simone is ridiculous in her “yes it’s just casual” and not realizing it’s a booty call but we saw Tanner again come and ask her for a quick peck when she was working which is also sending mixed signals. Not to mention he is just an ass in general. Good to know his annoying parents didn’t set a very good example for him if he thinks no one is really happy to be married!

Simone thinks Tanner is irresistible.  That makes her dumber than a box of cocks.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

I also shook my head at that. How horny do you have to be to find him irresistible, in looks or behavior?

Simone will be heart broken when the charter season ends and he goes off to the rest of his life, I doubt that Simone will return as Kate's stew in a future season so she may not work with Tanner again and Tanner does not seem likely to stay in contact with her in real life. 

I think Simone is very naive, Tanner has shown his true self and she keeps taking his booty call, she thinks there is an intimate relationship between them.  Simone may think if she keeps hopping in to bed with him it will make a relationship and we know it will not.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I just don't get why Rhylee is the one who is "wrong" all the time. 

The knot thing drove me crazy.  They called them her "fishing knots".  What we saw were standard ways to deal with lines.  The issue is that the boys have only a very, very narrow range of experience on boats and only know one or two knots.  It's also not really that difficult to figure out how to undo what she tied.  Mostly, you pull on one line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, missyb said:

He also knows her usual range of behavior and quality of work.   He can trust her and when she screws up he tells her and she listens to him.  

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

The unpredictable Thai tides have affected all the charters.

Part of the issue is that you have a predictable aspect of water height, which is tide driven by lunar and solar gravitational pull plus the influences of basin shape, water depth, etc.   Those are the predictions that come out in tide tables, guide books, and on apps.   

Local conditions can throw a serious monkey wrench in that, depending on where you are.  Wind is a particular issue.  If the wind blows from a certain direction, it can dramatically and quickly drop the water level along a shoreline.  Conversely, it can also pile water up against a shore and make a beach disappear.   You can also see the tidal signature overwhelmed by rain/river runoff events.  Freshwater inflow events would be significant more so along a larger land mass than these particular islands, where you have rivers that drain large areas or during an event like a slow moving and very wet hurricane/typhoon.

Depending on the shape of your shoreline/bay/basin, the water can come up or go down and stay that way for days or event a couple of weeks if a weather pattern is persistent.   In other places, the signature of the tide is strong enough that wind rarely if ever overwhelms it except in the case of major storms.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yes!  The boys club she is desperately trying to join!

Rhylee co-signs the  misogynistic deck crew culture. 

I would laugh off her ‘some’ of her antics for the show’s sake.....but, Rhylee has participated in the demeaning of Simone and Courtney. 

She is not a girl’s girl.
If you confessed to her you had a crush or slept with someone.....she would tell everyone and then go try and sleep with the same guy.......just for sport!

Rhylee is a charlatan!

I kinda don't care if she's a girls girl. I'm pretty much referring to the bullshit the guys are pulling and all the extra. I'm also not really clutching my pearls about her commentary regarding Brian and her interest in him. Ain't nobody finding their true love or their happily ever after on that boat so meh to her wanting to fuck Brian. Hell, I appreciate her approach better than Simone's with Tanner and even Courtney with Brian. I like Courtney's not impressed, steady response  to Brian but she's being a bit too "too cool for school" about it. For the most part I think she's doing okay but there's the air of deceit. Her denials are starting to come across as a bit corny cause she's obviously interested. Her need to be so aloof about it is just pretentious and I think Rhlyee is half doing it to shake things up for Courtney since she wants to be all "Brian? oh him? oh no? there's nothing going on...." okay sure <eyeroll> Welp if there's nothing going on then you wouldn't mind if I fuck his brain out now would you?? LOL. Either way that little "scandal waiting to happen" <yawn> is barely on my radar compared to the very real and very serious aggressiveness and disrespect the men are exhibiting towards the women on that boat.  

Sure Rhylee is gossiping. Actually she's just being straight up nosy and I don't find that misogynistic. I find it immature and crass but not misogynistic. And I sure as hell don't think it means that the men can turn their sexist behavior on her or anyone for that matter. 

Same with Kate. I'm hot and cold with her and can't, I repeat can't, stand her mean girl ways but in the situation with Ashton and Brian I can see the inappropriateness and be very angry on behalf of Kate.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Ain't nobody finding their true love or their happily ever after on that boat so meh to her wanting to fuck Brian. Hell, I appreciate her approach better than Simone's with Tanner

Rhylee's approach to Tyler last season was pretty much exactly the same as Simone's, IMO.  Couldn't resist him sexually despite being treated disrespectfully -- of one episode, after he had been flirting (making out?) with a woman at the bar, she still hooked up with him because she "wanted to get laid" -- which is of course is her prerogative but it's pretty parallel to Simone this season, except that Simone has more angst about it. 

Rhylee went farther than Simone has so far, planning a future together with Tyler, despite it clearly being a booty call situation.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, terrymct said:

The issue is that the boys have only a very, very narrow range of experience on boats and only know one or two knots.

But I think it was Rhylee who said in this episode she didn't know how to tie a bowline when one of the guys asked. Which? I can't imagine being on a commercial boat of any kind and (k)not knowing how to tie that k(n)ot. That was probably the first one I learned to tie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, dsteele said:

But I think it was Rhylee who said in this episode she didn't know how to tie a bowline when one of the guys asked. Which? I can't imagine being on a commercial boat of any kind and (k)not knowing how to tie that k(n)ot. That was probably the first one I learned to tie.

Agreed.   I think there's a good reason that this bunch isn't making a whole lot more money in other parts of the yacht industry or on commercial vessels.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Special K said:

Rhylee's approach to Tyler last season was pretty much exactly the same as Simone's, IMO.  Couldn't resist him sexually despite being treated disrespectfully -- of one episode, after he had been flirting (making out?) with a woman at the bar, she still hooked up with him because she "wanted to get laid" -- which is of course is her prerogative but it's pretty parallel to Simone this season, except that Simone has more angst about it. 

Rhylee went farther than Simone has so far, planning a future together with Tyler, despite it clearly being a booty call situation.

LOL, No, she did not. She took that fling in stride. I think she caught more feelings than she wanted to (as a result of continued after filming hook ups)  but her mention of being on a boat together was her making a casual suggestion within the conversation. I can tell she didn't really mean she wanted to sail off into the sunset together forever and ever. I think she was just trying to figure out how to keep the dick close by after the season wrapped to be honest. I mean she just met the dude.. LOL. It sounded like it was just her wanting to extend their tryst beyond the show and not that she was trying to his girlfriend til the end of time. LOL. Tyler was the one that did the typical guy thing and overthought it and assigned exaggerated "female clinginess" to her ONE suggestion that came across as half serious if I remember correctly. After that Tyler (typical man) started acting like Rhylee needed help understanding what was going on with them. Oh please. It's when a man automatically assumes that the woman in a booty call situation is trying to define what they are is when the MAN fucks up the vibe completely. And also insults the woman in the process as if a woman can't be completely aware of what's obvious. It was pretty condescending for him to assume so much about Rhylee's intent with that one comment. 

Rhylee afterwards was more annoyed about his shift in behavior about it than anything. Acting like she was some schoolgirl with a crush (a.k.a. Simone) and not a grown woman who also likes to bang and will survive just fine without him. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I kinda don't care if she's a girls girl. I'm pretty much referring to the bullshit the guys are pulling and all the extra. I'm also not really clutching my pearls about her commentary regarding Brian and her interest in him. Ain't nobody finding their true love or their happily ever after on that boat so meh to her wanting to fuck Brian. Hell, I appreciate her approach better than Simone's with Tanner and even Courtney with Brian. I like Courtney's not impressed, steady response  to Brian but she's being a bit too "too cool for school" about it. For the most part I think she's doing okay but there's the air of deceit. Her denials are starting to come across as a bit corny cause she's obviously interested. Her need to be so aloof about it is just pretentious and I think Rhlyee is half doing it to shake things up for Courtney since she wants to be all "Brian? oh him? oh no? there's nothing going on...." okay sure <eyeroll> Welp if there's nothing going on then you wouldn't mind if I fuck his brain out now would you?? LOL. Either way that little "scandal waiting to happen" <yawn> is barely on my radar compared to the very real and very serious aggressiveness and disrespect the men are exhibiting towards the women on that boat.  

Sure Rhylee is gossiping. Actually she's just being straight up nosy and I don't find that misogynistic. I find it immature and crass but not misogynistic. And I sure as hell don't think it means that the men can turn their sexist behavior on her or anyone for that matter. 

Same with Kate. I'm hot and cold with her and can't, I repeat can't, stand her mean girl ways but in the situation with Ashton and Brian I can see the inappropriateness and be very angry on behalf of Kate.

Women cannot expect respect if they do not demand any respect.

This is how misogyny thrives.

You are choosing not to hold Rhylee accountable for her behavior and we can agree to disagree! It is cool!  I am not into this fake version of made up feminism.

Everyone has a phone.  Record the misogyny and take it to Captain Lee.

Don’t feed the pigs!

I am also not going to stand up for charlatan women like Rhylee who sleeps with the pigs and is nasty to women! 

They all treat each other disrespectfully regardless of their genders.

We can all watch the show for its cheap entertainment value .....but, an after school special....it is not!

The most honest one was Abby.  She was homesick, missed her fiancé and openly told us.....’I am not good at this job and  don’t want to learn. I’d rather work on sail boats with my fiancé.’ She told the captain and left. 

So, I don’t want to hear about Rhylee’s fishing excursions, anymore!

This show is not called Below Deck Pirates.  Nobody is held hostage.

Kate’s story angle is refreshing this season. She is a lonesome HBIC! She is feeling isolated and sad not so much because of the boy’s misogyny.....but, because she does not have her own Mean Girls Squad.  

Simone....already said she is not giving Kate a reaction.  Courtney won’t bully Simone on her behalf. 

Seems like everyone is on to Kate.....not, just the boys.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Women cannot expect respect if they do not demand any respect.

This is how misogyny thrives.

You are choosing not to hold Rhylee accountable for her behavior and we can agree to disagree! It is cool!  I am not into this fake version of made up feminism.

Everyone has a phone.  Record the misogyny and take it to Captain Lee.

Don’t feed the pigs!

I am also not going to stand up for charlatan women like Rhylee who sleeps with the pigs and is nasty to women! 

They all treat each other disrespectfully regardless of their genders.

We can all watch the show for its cheap entertainment value .....but, an after school special....it is not!

The most honest one was Abby.  She was homesick, missed her fiancé and openly told us.....’I am not good at this job and  don’t want to learn. I’d rather work on sail boats with my fiancé.’ She told the captain and left. 

So, I don’t want to hear about Rhylee’s fishing excursions, anymore!

This show is not called Below Deck Pirates.  Nobody is held hostage.

Kate’s story angle is refreshing this season. She is a lonesome HBIC! She is feeling isolated and sad not so much because of the boy’s misogyny.....but, because she does not have her own Mean Girls Squad.  

Simone....already said she is not giving Kate a reaction.  Courtney won’t bully Simone on her behalf. 

Seems like everyone is on to Kate.....not, just the boys.

I guess I tend to not be emotional when  analyzing a situation.  I don't think it's "fake feminism" to recognize a situation for what it is. Rhylees "poor" choices in who she sleeps with doesn't negate the misogyny of the boys. Misogyny is a dangerous thing because it leads to other more serious things. Being bitchy or not a "girls girl" or not a whistleblower cause she's not running to the Captain narcing on the guys doesn't make her the problem. The guys actually behaving offensively is what's offensive not Rhylee's reaction to it or inability to be the poster person against misogyny. How about it's not okay to try to create an intimidating environment because a women irks you or annoys you or isn't behaving exactly the way you want her to behave?

It's the hostile environment that's slowly being built by the guys that's the biggest issue for me. Immaturity is running rampant on that boat for sure but there's a difference between being an unlikable person and trying to create an intimidating environment. At least to me there is.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Wryly seems to have a ginormous chip on her shoulder, and I very much doubt it was attained by way of her being a female Alaskan charter boat captain.   

That said, I'd imagine the current crop of misogynistic dickhands has exacerbated her character flaws.

That would imply that others are provoking her, initiating the things that make her go off.

There's no evidence of that.  She's set off by the smallest things, IOW, nothing which should be causing normal people to get angry about.

16 minutes ago, scrb said:

There's no evidence of that.  She's set off by the smallest things, IOW, nothing which should be causing normal people to get angry about

Brian was actively a dick to her.  Best illustrated by him getting butthurt over Rhylee repeating his words back to him and him not being able to deal.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I guess I tend to not be emotional when  analyzing a situation.  I don't think it's "fake feminism" to recognize a situation for what it is. Rhylees "poor" choices in who she sleeps with doesn't negate the misogyny of the boys. Misogyny is a dangerous thing because it leads to other more serious things. Being bitchy or not a "girls girl" or not a whistleblower cause she's not running to the Captain narcing on the guys doesn't make her the problem. The guys actually behaving offensively is what's offensive not Rhylee's reaction to it or inability to be the poster person against misogyny. How about it's not okay to try to create an intimidating environment because a women irks you or annoys you or isn't behaving exactly the way you want her to behave?

It's the hostile environment that's slowly being built by the guys that's the biggest issue for me. Immaturity is running rampant on that boat for sure but there's a difference between being an unlikable person and trying to create an intimidating environment. At least to me there is.

I don’t know what you want! 😾

We are saying the same things........except, I am not giving Rhylee immunity. 

Feels like I am in court with Lisa Bloom and Gloria Allred.......when I read your comments.

Do you want the boys punished or you just like commenting on misogyny? 

I can only see your point of view.....if a multi-million dollar settlement check......was in the mix! 🤣

• LOL 1
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Brian was actively a dick to her.  Best illustrated by him getting butthurt over Rhylee repeating his words back to him and him not being able to deal.

So he was the dick because she repeated his words back to him?

He provoked her?

19 minutes ago, scrb said:

So he was the dick because she repeated his words back to him?

He provoked her?

No he was a dick because he rolled his eyes everytime she spoke and he  made a comment like “easy tiger” when she offered advice on the best way to deploy the pool, he than called her “Captain Obvious” for saying the edge of the pool was slippery and when she called him “Captain Obvious” 30 seconds later for saying the netting kept the jellyfish away he got pissed about it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

There's no chance of the deck environment changing either since the chief bosun is a part of the problem himself.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, scrb said:

That would imply that others are provoking her, initiating the things that make her go off.

Yes.

1 hour ago, scrb said:

There's no evidence of that.  She's set off by the smallest things, IOW, nothing which should be causing normal people to get angry about.

Other posters have already responded, with receipts.

And, I am AbbyNormal.  ;~)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I don’t know what you want! 😾

We are saying the same things........except, I am not giving Rhylee immunity. 

Feels like I am in court with Lisa Bloom and Gloria Allred.......when I read your comments.

Do you want the boys punished or you just like commenting on misogyny? 

I can only see your point of view.....if a multi-million dollar settlement check......was in the mix! 🤣

I'm curious who's giving Rhylee immunity? And immunity from what? 

34 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No he was a dick because he rolled his eyes everytime she spoke and he  made a comment like “easy tiger” when she offered advice on the best way to deploy the pool, he than called her “Captain Obvious” for saying the edge of the pool was slippery and when she called him “Captain Obvious” 30 seconds later for saying the netting kept the jellyfish away he got pissed about it.

Exactly!

Sounds like Rhylee is expected to let things roll off her back. Typical in society now a days. Can't get mad and react to asshole behavior because the digs are subtle, not done in an overly loud or aggressive way and isn't, I guess, damning enough to warrant a reaction.

I don't understand what's so confusing about a person getting mad at someone who is giving them an attitude and being rude. The tone the guys use with her is offputting and annoying even to me and I'm sitting comfortably in my living room. Can Rhylee show patience when dealing with the douchebags? Yeah, but that goes towards this ridiculous requirement that a woman be the diplomat in any and every situation. I'm all about Rhylee shutting the assholes down at every opportunity because it shouldn't be a requirement to bite your tongue. You wanna say slick shit to Rhlyee then don't be surprised or mad when she spits fire right back at you. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Do I think they could all be a bit more mature? Yup, but I'm seriously not going to subscribe to the idea that it's only Rhylee's behavior that's the problem. Puleeezzze! 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 19
33 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

So an eyeroll merits Rhylee's screaming jags?