Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Danny and Jake were doing a lot of hand acting in their scenes.  It was like the angry version of jazz hands.  Still, I like this angle of Jason's sons divided on how they view him.  And now with Sam totally over that asshole, it's a welcom change from the usual "Jason's back--let's throw him a parade!" town mentality.

I hope Kristina slugs that brat Joss tomorrow.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving person--well, except her mother.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I already think the PCPD is inept but Anna hiring someone who worked for the mob 5 minutes ago takes the cake.

I get drafting Dex to keep him close re: the Sonny investigation and because they made such a big deal of him being ex-military, which he was for much longer than the period he worked for Sonny. I still don't want him around forever, but I get it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1

Sine two of our most celebrated commissioners were former villains in Anna and Sean (though less so for her) I'm not going to get in a twist over Dex joining the PCPD. I'd still rather he was the red shirt in this Sonny story but he still could be.

I can't believe I am typing these words but Burton seems to have actually shown up for this stint. Between the real emotions for Brit's death and today's really affecting scene about Monica I've been...impressed...by his acting.

What world is this?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Unfortunately, Dante had gotten to the point where he was constantly looking out for Sonny, wanting to investigate things for Sonny, and filling Sonny in on police investigations, so Dex might be an upgrade! 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, JMO said:

By the way, has anyone seen Ned? 

I’m seriously struggling to remember the last time he was on. I think it might been new years. I know they didn’t drag him out of the closet for any of the wedding planning stuff. It’s a shame since he’s the one who should have visited Jason and deliver the message from Monica since they have an established relationship. I doubt Jason could pick BL out of a lineup 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Looks like Sam had an extra cup of coffee to take on Jason after all her stoic moping for Dante. Go Sam! This falling out is more believable than her thinking he shot Dante. Can't wait to see the Carly/Sam catfight that ensues when Carly finds out Sam is trying to keep Jason's kid away from "the best man she knows!!!!!" 

I wonder if Carly is going to threaten trying to get custody of Danny on Jason's behalf. She made that threat often enough with regards to Jake.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
47 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Unfortunately, Dante had gotten to the point where he was constantly looking out for Sonny, wanting to investigate things for Sonny, and filling Sonny in on police investigations, so Dex might be an upgrade! 

As true as this is and as sadly predictable as Dante and Sonny's relationship has become since FV took over, I feel like Dex is way more in it to win it in the lightning round for who gets to call Sonny Daddy.

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Kristina was right on.  Molly might as well be Diane's partner at this point, she did more defense of Jason than prosecution. 

Tristan does look not well.  Robert excused himself from Jason's arraignment for Robin who was against Jason's mob life 

Try to imagine Molly's speech in court:
"Your honor, it is unclear if my nephew's father shot my cousin and therefore ..."

I assume the issue between Robert and Robin would be (if they discussed/argued about this) is she knows Robert has the experience to provide a strong verbal case in court against Jason, yet whatever Jason's been up to in the last two years, including on the roof and when Dante got shot, was definitely not on mob boss Sonny's orders. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Josslyn Jax, the Kelly Bundy of daytime.

image(1).jpg

If you follow her Instagram, it's pretty much how she really dresses. She's very much the hot to trot LA girl. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m seriously struggling to remember the last time he was on. I think it might been new years. I know they didn’t drag him out of the closet for any of the wedding planning stuff.

Yes, once the "Return of Eddie Maine" stuff ran its course, and what he knew about Nina's SEC tip became widely known, Ned went back in storage. 

As far as I can tell from a quick look through summaries, Ned has had one appearance since New Year's week: some ELQ-related squabbling with Michael in the January 17 episode.

When he was last seen, Tracy was telling him that the new acrimony between Michael and Drew would only strengthen his (Ned's) position, and Ned looked pleased at that thought. I guess he then went offscreen to enjoy his stronger position. Since then, he's only been mentioned and discussed (e.g., "You let everyone believe Ned was responsible!").

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

He's very green. I do think NuDanny has some screen presence and charisma with his sort of brash attitude but they need to get him a coach. And they need to lock in Hudson West, they're very lucky he hasn't left outright like William Lipton in the last few years.

Sam unloading on Jason was great. It is a real stunner to see after revisiting some of the lowlights of the endless Jasam ride or die era. I was always surprised and pleased when Sam very firmly turned the page on Jason when he went into the harbor in 2012 to focus on raising her son, and disappointed when she went right back to it for a time when he came back. I thought both Danny and her time with Drew had evolved her and it still has. It's an UO in GH fandom at large but I think Kelly's chemistry with Steve was always best when antagonistic - her bitch queen era in particular during the Liason revival was top tier.

I agree.  I don't think nuDanny is bad at all, he DOES have screen presence.  Sure, Hudson West is better right now, technically speaking, and they should 100% put him on contract.  But Danny is good, he's got the rawness there, he will improve, and right now when they are in scenes together I find them electric.  No complaints!

Loved Kemo yesterday. 

8 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Does that mean Carly is Peg? 'Cause that'd be about right.

This is hilarious!

• Like 5

I’d kill for a full circle moment from Alexis and Sam where Sam acknowledges that she finally understands Alexis’ POV of being scared about the danger Jason could bring to Sam and later Danny’s lives. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I am seriously concerned that LC may be done with the show. BLQ telling Jason that Monica is both sick and injured made me sad. But that cousins scene was well done. I will give Burton some credit for Jason's tears that his mother still loves him.

It also ways got me and pissed me off how toothless they ended making the Qs in regards to Sonny. I remember when Emily died and Sonny, in a rare moment of honest on this show, admitted if someone did to him what he ended up doing to Monica, he would kill, so why didn't Monica ended carrying out a campaign to destroy him? She can be almost as big of a bitch as Tracy. I am still pissed they never had a scene LC confronting Michael when he decided to end his "revenge" against Sonny and gave back Avery, since he told her he would take care of the vendetta. 

On 3/26/2024 at 2:20 AM, jsbt said:

I would kill to get SN back but I think he is on contract at DAYS and I can't see Uncle Frank offering him one. I do think Ron and Frank tried it in 2013 (there were a zillion Stefan mentions in that period) but IIRC SN later said he turned it down on account of either story or money or both. I suspect they wanted him to join their massive recurring veteran corps doing nothing in C-story every 3-4 weeks, and probably do some lame love triangle stuff with Laura in the background. Genie dipped that year for the same reason.

A shame because I think SM's Sasha could credible pass as Stefan's long lost daughter.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

A shame because I think SM's Sasha could credible pass as Stefan's long lost daughter.

I am going to take a hard pass on that and leave it there!

• Fire 1
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think Kelly's chemistry with Steve was always best when antagonistic - her bitch queen era in particular during the Liason revival was top tier.

When Sam isn't in conflict with Jason, she's a doormat, so I'm very pleased they're keeping Sam out of his orbit as much as possible.

14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It would have been easy to just have her sit in a chair

That's what they did for her last time, and even that seemed to be an effort for LC. I think she simply doesn't have the energy—physical or emotional—to be on the show anymore. It's a shame, because Monica has been a very important part of GH for a very long time.

13 hours ago, JMO said:

Since it looks like the new writing team would be up to it, I think it might be nice to bring Monica back for a retirement event, and then let her set sail on that around-the-world cruise she's always wanted to take.  It would be nice to honor a long time character and actress while they are still here to enjoy it, and it could be a great way to revisit some history and maybe launch a story or two from it.

If LC is up to it, this would be great.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I agree.  I don't think nuDanny is bad at all, he DOES have screen presence.  Sure, Hudson West is better right now, technically speaking, and they should 100% put him on contract.  But Danny is good, he's got the rawness there, he will improve, and right now when they are in scenes together I find them electric.  No complaints!

I don't think he's that good because he's definitely very green, but I think he has some charisma and potential. That's as far as I take it for now. He's definitely not poor Aiden though, who seems like a sweet kid but kind of just wanders through scenes with a big mellow grin that suggests he's thought carefully about trying to act and decided against it, and is secure and happy in that decision. He also has Kitty Pryde of the X-Men's mullet shag from the '80s. There's the one you can recast.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It would have been easy to just have her sit in a chair

I don't think even that would have been so easy.  She'd have to travel in from wherever she lives, which I think is outside of Hollywood (she has horses, right?  A farm, or ranch somewhere up north, like Lynn Herring?)  Anyway, once there, she has  to deal with hair, makeup, learning her mark, even if she is just sitting.  I think thats why they had her on the phone last time.  Seems like a compromise she could handle.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I like the kid that plays Danny solely because it cracks me up that he looks so much like RH.  I straight up googled: "Are Rebecca Herbst and Asher Antonyzyn cousins?"  LOL

• LOL 2
29 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

I don't think even that would have been so easy.  She'd have to travel in from wherever she lives, which I think is outside of Hollywood

I meant easy as in set-wise in one specific location, in a family scene in Monica's home. As opposed to a scene where Monica's presence wasn't essential or requiring LC to walk from the entrance of the police station set into the interrogation room so Monica could talk to her son. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

Oh please. like Robin would be upset to hear that Robert was asking the court to deny Jason bail. Robin KNOWS who Jason is. Hell, when he was "dead" and Faison had Robin, she threatened Faison with Jason. Only to learn that he was dead. Besides, District Attorneys don't actually handle arraignments or trials in real life; that's what the ADAs are for. But this is the FAKAKTA General Hospital.

Yes, she's back to being a Mooby apologist, but you didn't see her lambasting Mac or the police department whenever Jason or Mooby were arrested. Save ONE TIME, and there aren't enough words to convey my disappointment in her. When she tried to convince Dante-who had just been SHOT.IN.THE.CHEST. what a "good person" Mooby was and brought him the prom picture of her and Stone. BLEAGH. I try not to think about those days.

But I did find Robert's self-proclamation as being a coward and afraid of Robin when he was in Anna's office a tad amusing, yet irritating. Way to try to tarnish Robin, Show. Just stop it.

Look. I get that we have to throw belief out the window, when Traitor Anna was installed as Commissioner the first time, and criminal Sean Donnelly after. But for Anna to think it was the BEST idea to hire criminals to become cops because they know the criminal element and would be the perfect people to become cops? 

STFU, Anna. If she's couched it as become an informant, I wouldn't be rolling my eyes so hard.  Who in Port Charles is going to take Dex seriously as a cop when they know he worked for Mooby?

The look on Danny's face at the end when Sam told him she would never have to lay eyes on Jason again? Methinks he'll try to see him on the down low, and LIE to his Mom.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I did find Robert's self-proclamation as being a coward and afraid of Robin when he was in Anna's office. Way to try to tarnish Robin, Show. Just stop it.

I prefer to think of it as Robert deciding he didn't want to deal with Carly screeching in his face about how Jason is innocent so he assigned Molly to the case. The man didn't keep up his law license and CLE classes during his globe-trotting spy years to have to deal with that crap. 

As for that dolt Dex, don't police officers have to go through training? 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Saw my first episode since Jason's return and the the new head writing team.  Sam is a beneficiary and Alexis is not.  So the same 5 million that Carly had three different people willing to bail her out, the new writers have two of them with their check books out.  That is not the direction that I had hoped for.  NuMolly turned in a fine performance in this episode but.... Meh.  Still on the barge until St. Jason departs or MB or LW.  Despite new writers, there seemed to be no improvement from what I watched today.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
21 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Is it wrong that I had to wrack my brain to figure out how they’re related? Maybe what Molly really needs is her father to return. 

And I was wondering why Elizabeth dropped Jake and Aidan at the Qs. I forgot he's a Q.

• Like 3

I have a shit load of work to do because I am moving, so this has pushed me back to GH (distraction/avoidance ). I have found that most actors have stepped up their game. My new fav is nuKristina. LW (as usual) brought it 1000% when she was yelling at Sonny. MB was his usual mumble mouth, spouting double negatives.

I was wondering what the laws are in NY regarding common law partners. Would Sam have any say in what happens to Dante (unless they did document her as his POA)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, she's back to being a Mooby apologist, but you didn't see her lambasting Mac or the police department whenever Jason or Mooby were arrested. 

But I did find Robert's self-proclamation as being a coward and afraid of Robin when he was in Anna's office. Way to try to tarnish Robin, Show. Just stop it.

Robert has missed most of, it not all, of that history, though. So has Anna. He likes being his daughter's hero and maybe feels like he doesn't have the energy for a conflict with Robin. He doesn't actually know how Robin will react. So he verbalizes his thoughts to Anna, his daughter's mother and the person who knows him best aside from Mac.  

Or maybe this was just the show's sloppy way of conveying that Robin knows Jason is alive and what he's accused of and she's also in regular touch with her parents. Also, I wondered if the new writers are testing the waters for a renewed Robert and Anna romance? She and Valentin are clearly dunzo.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I was wondering what the laws are in NY regarding common law partners. Would Sam have any say in what happens to Dante (unless they did document her as his POA)

I don't think she is his POA and she did say that she would talk to Sonny and Olivia about it, so the decision was probably going to be made by the three of them together.

That said, I'm just struggling over Sam's grief for Dante because we barely saw their relationship on screen. When she says come back to me, I'm like I guess?? But I did like her concern for Rocco having two parents in long term care facilities.

I wish Elizabeth hadn't arrived when she did. I wish Kristina had popped Joss in the mouth because it would have been fun.

The scene with Drew, Olivia and Alexis about Nina was unnecessary.

• Like 4

Uh-oh, the dreaded long-term facility talk! (But of course that's what snaps Dante out of his coma, LOL.)

Again, if Molly can't get remand for Jason for allegedly shooting a cop, she's useless as an ADA. There should be automatic remand for that.  Five million is absurdly low, but whatever. This is GH, where everything is a plot point. And of course Jason is going to plead not guilty. Why that was drawn out was ridiculous.

And of course Sonny makes Dante's shooting about him. At least Sonny has the self-awareness to realize Dante made all of the compromises so they could have a relationship of some sort.

Oh, Brennan is back tomorrow. I wonder if he'll cross paths with Carly.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I was kind of in and out before the new regime took over. Can someone please explain who Brennan is? I have missed his appearances 

He became the director of the WSB after Frisco was ousted. Tried to have Anna killed over some ops.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I was kind of in and out before the new regime took over. Can someone please explain who Brennan is? I have missed his appearances 

He was the head of the WSB and also Pikeman. Or at least he had a connection to Pikeman. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

He became the director of the WSB after Frisco was ousted. Tried to have Anna killed over some ops.

Did he really? I saw him being arrested, but thought he might’ve been set up.

Still, very happy that Brennan is back. I missed his mature hotness.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Well I was wondering how Jason was going to make bail but then when I saw Mikey in the courtroom, I realized he would happily pay it. Hell, he’d take the money from ELQ if he had to, and not even blink at the impropriety of it.

Joss asking Nina if Nina cares what Sonny’s family thinks of her. When did Josslyn become Sonny’s family? In fact, why is Joss still on the show? Can’t she just forgive Dex and leave town with him? At this point I really wish Jason was Guilty just so Kristina and the others could have an I told you so moment with all of the Carlys.

I liked how Molly held her own against Diane, and had to chuckle at the ‘longer than a CVS receipt’ quip. 

so Carly is once again barging into Sonny’s home, DEMANDING to know why he wasn’t at Jason’s arraignment. As big an ass as Sonny is, it was hardly out of the norm that he would want to spend the time with his son who’s in a coma. 

I really wish patient advocates were as kind and understanding as Stella. We need more Stella’s in healthcare. 

im still trying to figure out Ava’s end game. Yesterday she was all ‘Jason is evil, he doesn’t deserve your loyalty, he hooked up with Carly pretty fast when they thought you were dead’ and today she’s saying that maybe Jason is innocent? I’m actually invested in this story and want to see how it plays out. But it better not be a red herring. I want her to be playing him for some greater reason. And I want to see him suffer, however briefly.

so tomorrow we get to see Jason at Sonny’s place. Is he going to tell Sonny he’s working for the feds? Cause I’m sure that will instill confidence in the mob boss Lol!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The scene with Drew, Olivia and Alexis about Ninawas unnecessary

totally agree. It’s like kicking a dead horse. We get it show, Nina is hated!!

• Like 9
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

As big an ass as Sonny is, it was hardly out of the norm that he would want to spend the time with his son who’s in a coma. 

He kept saying this, but he’s been in his living room with Ava all week. 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

So nice that despite being charged with the shooting of a police officer that the guard let Jason "have a minute" with Carly, complete with heartfelt hug.  This fucking show. 

• Like 11

5 million with Jason's history seems low. He should have been held without.  Which home is Michael taking Jason too? 

They had the nerve to say he's the son of Alan Quartermaine as a reason to give him bail? The same Alan that Jason treated horrible like he was nothing?  

Joss breaks up with Dex for his following Sonny's orders. She yells at Kristina defending Sonny number one order follower?  Dex bad, Jason good? 

• Like 12
(edited)

I wonder if Dante will wake up? 

<previews>

Dante awake and talking. 

Well, that clears that mystery up.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 11

I didn't mind the brief scene of the I Hate Nina club. Even if I think the Nina hate is OTT, it was nice to see some characters who don't have story together interacting. And Alexis has every right to be happy. Nina was a terrible boss to her. But these kind of quick scenes make the fabric of the show stronger when everyone isn't siloed into their own stories.

Joss is indeed a hypocrite regarding Dex and Jason. But it feels like a conscious choice by the writers to show that hypocracy. Not sure where they are going with her. She certainly didnt seem to be over Dex when they ran into each other yesterday.

As soon as we got the extended shot of Dante's hand I knew he was waking up. Good. Now will Soap Opera Digest stop trying to get me to click on an article from when he left the show in 2018?

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I didn't mind the brief scene of the I Hate Nina club. Even if I think the Nina hate is OTT, it was nice to see some characters who don't have story together interacting.

I'll get to the meat of these eps when I'm not so preoccupied with IRL, but I would add that Drew/Ryan has gone from wanting to skip rope with Nina's intestines under the prior creative team to playing debonair IT guy for her and sharing coffee in a matter of weeks. I don't take it too serious now since they were very clearly testing Drew and NIna and those recent scenes re: returning to Crimson were legit (and shockingly) smart and enjoyable, for me at least.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
On 3/27/2024 at 3:00 PM, perkie1968 said:

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but is  it weird to anyone else that the almighty Carly wasn't allowed to see Jason yesterday but today there is a revolving door happening, allowing Diane, Sam and BLQ to pay him a visit.  Like maybe we're not getting a Jarly reunion??

And the stellar writing of, " It's impossible" when Carly asked to see Jason.  😂

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'll get to the meat of these eps when I'm not so preoccupied with IRL, but I would add that Drew/Ryan has gone from wanting to skip rope with Nina's intestines under the prior creative team to playing debonair IT guy for her and sharing coffee in a matter of weeks. I don't take it too serious now since they were very clearly testing Drew and NIna and those recent scenes re: returning to Crimson were legit (and shockingly) smart and enjoyable, for me at least.

The thing about that scene yesterday that struck me is that there was no true venom in Drew/Olivia/Alexis's words.  It was more like "oh, that, Nina, she's A LOT" much like the way old school Lucy used to be viewed.

• Like 6

So wait, Nina now has 3 full time jobs? Editor at Crimson, publisher of the Invader and co-owner of the MC? I thought she was leaving the Invader for Crimson but Drew’s comment made it sound like she’s doing both, albeit spread much thinner. And wtf was up with him making it sound like having Nina back was some huge burden when he all but begged her to come back and threatened to shutter the magazine and cause the staff to lose their jobs to guilt her into returning?

• Love 5

Well. It isn’t Drew’s call whether Nina stays at the Invader. Valentin is the owner and he hired Nina. so if she wants to leave, she has to tell him. But she can certainly stay the publisher and just be hands off. Very few publishers get involved in the day to day. That’s why they have editors in chief.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I was annoyed with the Alexis, Olivia, Drew bashing Nina scene at first, but then I realized that if these characters suddenly were all hunky-dory with her, it would be like whiplash and make no sense. So an easing up will take time, I get that. The show is so improved overall, I can be patient.

• Like 6