Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I don't want Carly with Jason because that is the ultimate in "Carly always gets what she wants".  Hard pass.  Plus the incest vibes squick me out.  I also despised the way they trashed canon to prop them up.  I would prefer it to turn out that Jason has been pressured for some reason to be with Carly and to make it seem real.

Carly: But you said that you have loved me since 1996!

Jason:  I did say that.  And it was obviously not true.  You of all people know how much I loved Robin back then.  I was trying to signal to you that something was up!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

but damn, I'm not "HOT".  If I was doing sex scenes in my 20's and 30's I would have killed it.  Now?  I couldn't possibly compare to my own self from back then and isn't that true of everybody?

When I think of a pairing being hot, it's more about the chemistry. Sure appearances are a part of that but these actors tend to keep themselves in pretty good shape (esp compared to the rest of the population).

I don't think any current pairing really has a ton of chemistry but perhaps it's because love stories aren't written as love stories anymore. I remember waiting forever for some of my favorite couples to kiss for the first time or to say I love you for the first time. It seems to me soaps have forgotten that anticipation in pairings. Perhaps the current writers can fix some of that, I guess we'll see.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, jsbt said:

The baby plot now seems like a total afterthought; Kristina should miscarry tomorrow.

Please, yes. 

12 hours ago, jsbt said:

Also very pleased with the Trina/Joss scenes which for once do not center Joss. Eden and Tabyana do have real rapport and warmth together.

Like I wrote a few days ago, I wish Joss would acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their feelings about Jason, but at least she didn't cut Trina out of her life for her negative feelings. And yes, the actors work very well together.

9 hours ago, jsbt said:

They really did speedrun the Drew/Carly break-up overnight over little to nothing lol,

Did they? I feel like as long as Jason wasn't in Port Charles, Drew could pretend that he was Carly's top priority. But once Jason reappeared in PC, Drew is faced with the reality that Jason will always take precedence over everyone else in Carly's life. Her feelings for Jason have been consistent over the years and she's made no excuses for them, so I always have to blame the dopes who think they'll be the exception.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Trina/TA seems like a totally different character/actor to me since Spencer is gone.

I think Trina is still hanging too much of her life on what she and Spencer would have done, but as long as we see her deal with her grief, I'm okay. But we (okay, I) need to see some progress soon, like maybe Trina has decided to go back to PCU in the fall.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did they? I feel like as long as Jason wasn't in Port Charles, Drew could pretend that he was Carly's top priority. But once Jason reappeared in PC, Drew is faced with the reality that Jason will always take precedence over everyone else in Carly's life.

That's true, I just think there needed to be a somewhat bigger inciting incident to quickly end the relationship. If the situation with Nina had gotten more intense (since they were already on the edge about that) and Drew had done something really nuts there, or if Carly had made a more drastic move re: Jason I would've bought it more. Instead Drew hears about Carly maybe helping Jason hide overnight, shows up there and breaks up with her lol. I don't care that much since I was just glad to see them over, but it was a bit thrown together.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

With all the abuse stories on filming sets (including a fellow soap for a long time), hot sex scenes are harder for my brain to get into period.

A few years ago I thought the Jason/Britt sex was fine and before that Julian (William deVry then in his mid to late 40s), was really hot in the way he carried himself and I could totally believe Alexis (NLG in her 50s) was totally into him.

Valentin/Anna (50s/60s) wore much less clothing but did nothing for me in bedroom scenes despite good choreography.

Things don’t have to get graphic, Liesl/Scotty, Lucy/Martin were more fun that hot but they played it as enjoying themselves fully and I liked that aspect a lot.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I don’t think Drew/Carly had romantic chemistry so all of their couple scenes made me cringe but I think they were additionally hampered by making Carly his lapdog. If they wanted to go there with them, they needed to stay more true to character and have him bring up their history and have him call her out when she was lying and scheming rather than constantly excuse her crappy behavior. Giving Drew scenes like the one where he was having lunch with Sam and Scout and was flat out ignoring them the entire time because he was staring at his phone waiting for Carly to call or text him back only appealed to that subset of Carly fans who wish for all characters to live to serve her and prioritize her over everyone, even their own children. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Trina is still hanging too much of her life on what she and Spencer would have done,

I mean I thought she sounded different. I hadn't watched for a while and then I see her big monologue at the grave and her voice didn't even sound the same, it was more deep, more mature. Not so little girly that would be swooned by Spencer. Or maybe it was just that I hadn't watched for a while.....

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I mean I thought she sounded different. I hadn't watched for a while and then I see her big monologue at the grave and her voice didn't even sound the same, it was more deep, more mature. Not so little girly that would be swooned by Spencer. Or maybe it was just that I hadn't watched for a while.....

Unfortunately I am still entirely unimpressed by this Trina and find her devotion to the currently absent Spencer (of course he is not really dead, he'll be feeling much better whenever the writers need the character back) truly boring. The OG Trina had spark and tenacity and would not be moping around like this; she might be furious at the loss of her "great romance" but not to the extent of abandoning all her personal goals or drifting from place to place getting sympathy from all and sundry. Send her back to Paris or find another way to write this character out for good - she has no purpose really as she is currently, IMO.

• Like 13

For me what makes a hot couple isn't sex scenes or physical intimacy (and with Covid and #MeToo those are greatly reduced across media for good reasons). What I want is banter and/or yearning. And those have both been in short supply under the last regime.

Why are we suddenly rooting for Drew and Nina? Because their dialogue was fun! Spencer and Trina worked because there were obstacles to them being together and they yearned for each other.

We put a lot of weight on the actors when it comes to chemistry and some of that is fair. But the real onus is on the writers. Did Genie and Tony have chemistry as performers, of course. But the reason Luke and Laura were so popular was because the things they said to each other were fun. There was a spark in the dialogue.

I have faith that this new regime can bring it in this department. Mulcahey wrote Mason and Julia amd they are maybe the closest daytime has come to Beatrice and Benedick.

As for Carly and Jason, God help me I was moved by their scenes at Bobbie's. And they can be fun in a sort of big dog/little dog way with Carly yapping about while he stays stoic or playfully annoyed. That was their initial dynamic. At the end of the day they are more each other's person than they are the great loves of each other's lives (That's still Robin for Jason and her own sense of entitlement for Carly) But neither actually needs a romantic partner right now to be active characters. 

Jason and Liz still have their fans because Becky Herbst is one of daytime's great yearners. I have no desire to see that pairing revisited but she is why it worked.

I dont need sex, I need good writing. A show airing in the afternoon is never going to get buzz from sex scenes in this day and age. Unless, as B&B proved a couple years ago, one of the participants is a lifelike mannequin. And GH already tried that with Dex.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've said it before but I think TA is the vastly superior Trina, and I feel some people attribute more to the prior actress than was there because that's where the Spencer/Trina thing first got going before things got very complicated story-wise. The couple and fanbase didn't really take full flight til the recast. Sydney Mikayla was talented and had some spark but IMO she was at times as very green as the new teen playing Danny, it was TA that made me stand up and really take notice. Trina as a character was equally as subject to the same whims of the plot and character bias as TA under the prior regime if not moreso. It isn't a question of one being a pushover and the other not, because her last storyline was getting drugged and framed by Esme while the white teens got a big love scene and then got the focus, and she too often spent as much time (and actually more) propping Joss and being her talk-to than Ali, who went on to help foil the Cassadines last winter. I think TA is the strongest actress under 40 on the show and I think without her they'd lose a tremendous asset, but YMMV.

As for sex, I think the show desperately needs more of it but most soaps in general do now. There's been a conservative trend in the genre over the last decade-plus towards baby stories, young couples settling down or wanting nothing but children immediately, etc. and less casual sex, affairs, candor in sexuality or social issues that used to be daytime's bread and butter, probably because they fear offending segments of the audience. It's definitely hampered GH with its too many kids. Grinaldi is right that this is a genre about romance and interplay, but it's also about depicting intimacy and daring storytelling. Imagine them getting the fuckbuddies storyline with Jason and Carly from '96 onscreen right now. That was almost 30 years ago but it feels transgressive given what the anodyne tone of American soaps is often like today. I hope PM and Korte change that, as they were there and wrote a lot of that era. Human sexuality and honest human behavior should not only be the province of premium cable and streaming.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

With regard to Trina I agree the TA is a strong actress. I think SM had a little more fire, a little more "aw hell no" energy. But as with everything that was the writing. If they gave TA more of that material she could knock it out.

And I don't want to give the impression I am anti-sex scenes or intimacy. I agree we need more. I just don't think it's the magic bullet for couple chemistry. There should be more fuckin' across the canvas. In fact other than Joss/Dex have we even had any infidelity stories lately? Nik and Esme I guess but that wasn't an affair, just a one time lapse in sense. Soaps were built on breaking that particular commandment. Let's get back to it.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
2 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

With regard to Trina I agree the TA is a strong actress. I think SM had a little more fire, a little more "aw hell no" energy. But as with everything that was the writing. If they gave TA more of that material she could knock it out.

And I don't want to give the impression I am anti-sex scenes or intimacy. I agree we need more. I just don't think it's the magic bullet for couple chemistry. There should be more fuckin' across the canvas. In fact other than Joss/Dex have we even had any infidelity stories lately? Nik and Esme I guess but that wasn't an affair, just a one time lapse in sense. Soaps were built on breaking that particular commandment. Let's get back to it.

Too many infidelity stories on soaps in the last 10+ years have some dumb bullshit excuse for it - brainwashing, doppelgangers, etc. Too few people fuck just because they're horny and can't help it and end up doing the wrong thing to people they love. That's the essence of soaps, let alone Adrian Lyne movies! Nik and Esme at least did it the old fashioned way, and Joss and Dex's one time was overly whitewashed immediately in the writing (something Eden acknowledged recently to her credit), which made it worse than it needed to be for a young girl who made a mistake and quickly tried to put things right.

And I do think TA's grave scenes the other week will end up on her Emmy reel. They were very well written and she was excellent. She is slightly quieter than SM, I suppose, but she has the same calm power that Kimberly had to me. Those scenes where she would just stand there and shut Esme down reminded me a lot of Robin and Carly BITD.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

I prefer flirtatious banter and will they/won't they relationships to  big sex scenes.  This may be unpopular but I like Cody and Sasha's  relationship.  I wish they would explore that more.  We know they are attracted to each other but have agreed to not act on it (because Sasha is still in mourning?).  I think it could be really hot if and when they ever get together.  Just don't let it be in his stable/apartment.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Why are we suddenly rooting for Drew and Nina? Because their dialogue was fun! Spencer and Trina worked because there were obstacles to them being together and they yearned for each other.

Now the writing for Drew and Nina has some spark. Before it was Drew threatening Nina with physical violence, which is never acceptable. And Spencer lied to Trina about who he was for too long, IMO. I'm not a fan of men treating women like shit and then the woman falling for them. I don't think Spencer got enough grief for how he treated Trina at the very beginning of them knowing each other, and Drew had better grovel to Nina for his awful behavior toward her.

14 hours ago, jsbt said:

It's definitely hampered GH with its too many kids

Ugh, and they're doubling down with Molly and TJ and Kristina. I sort of understand that with Molly's infertility they feel powerless about starting a family, but it's always a crapshoot, no matter how the baby appears. For them to suddenly want a baby RIGHT AWAY when we saw them talk rationally in the past about wanting to establish their careers before having kids is something of a betrayal of the characters, IMO. I can't think of the last baby on GH that had any sort of lasting impact on the show.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Anna being tough on Sonny comes off as fake. Maybe it’ll change with time but they haven’t sold me on it yet. Doesn’t help that she’s still acting like Jason walks on water.

Those Liz/Jason/Jake scenes were interesting. I kinda suspect it’s leading to Jason bending over backwards to make amends to Jake while ignoring Danny because he already likes him, which will cause Danny to lash out. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Anna being tough on Sonny comes off as fake. Maybe it’ll change with time but they haven’t sold me on it yet. Doesn’t help that she’s still acting like Jason walks on water.

Haven't watched yet, but yes, until Anna treats Jason the same as Mooby, I'll be side-eyeing her. Robin or no Robin, Jason is a criminal. His hands are just as dirty as Mooby's.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Is Blaze's mom her actual manager or is she just barging in to cause trouble? She doesn't seem to understand how being the face of a cosmetic company works.

I liked how Elizabeth didn't give away that she thought Jason shot Dante. I'm not sure the old writers would have allowed that—she'd have had to fall all over herself apologizing for ever doubting him.

I also liked how Jake called Jason on his behavior, and I hope they have him hold on to his anger for more than a day or two. It's always annoyed me how Jason is given the benefit of the doubt way too often and way too quickly. And I wish someone would admit that Jason is a crap father and that probably won't change. 

21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Anna being tough on Sonny comes off as fake.

It makes her looks really dumb, IMO. She's had ample opportunity in the past to do something about Sonny but hasn't. Law enforcement has always been completely inept about shutting Sonny down. I'd rather they just come to an agreement that as long as Sonny's bidness doesn't interfere with daily life in PC, live and let live. The show doesn't seem to want to get rid of the mob aspect, and I can't watch yet another botched investigation into Sonny that goes nowhere.

LOL that Sonny still wants Jason charged with something. Objectively speaking, he's probably right, but it comes across as Sonny trying to punish Jason for his "betrayal."

And frickin' Molly for making Alexis doubt she can continue her sobriety. Good for Diane for pointing out that the Invader is a nightmare and Alexis isn't slugging back fifths of vodka. Isn't one of the tenets of AA that you can fall off the wagon for any reason, or no reason at all? Which is why it's one day at a time and all of the other steps?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jason is a criminal. His hands are just as dirty as Mooby's.

But today, she's  angry at Sonny, who I think she's finally realizing that he's a criminal that she shouldn't have been hanging out with.  Jason, by contrast in her eyes, is being railroaded by Jagger and he helped Dante not die.  She hasn't come back around to remembering Jason is also a criminal and he's really not being written like that right now.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Anna being tough on Sonny comes off as fake.

Especially when she was on the verge of tears.

Dante was in ICU, about the be transferred to a long term facility, but is already walking around a few hours after waking up.

Get him Jake! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Robin or no Robin, Jason is a criminal. His hands are just as dirty as Mooby's.

Mac knows this, but it seems like the show has made it a characteristic of Anna that she can't help but see Jason through 'guilty absentee mother/what would have happened to Robin if Jason hadn't persuaded her to take those meds decades ago' eyes.  It's more comfortable for Anna to be in denial, believing that Jason would only kill if his/someone's life was in immediate danger. 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think TA is the strongest actress under 40 on the show and I think without her they'd lose a tremendous asset, but YMMV.

I think she is good, for sure it was the writing and maybe even the directing holding her back. I don't know how to explain it, but like I said I hadn't watched for awhile and then I see the grave yard scene and it seemed like a totally different character/actress, something had changed. That is how it seemed to me anyways. Kind of like how Sam seems awake now LOL

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I can’t take Anna seriously with her throwing Sonny out of the office while choking back tears. She’s known since the minute he arrived in PC who and what he was. He hasn’t changed and never will. Just because he was good to her daughter is no reason to cry in his arms or look the other way while he commits whatever crimes he’s committing. I’m glad the Academy teacher side-eyed her and questioned why they should hire a mobster for the PCPD.

blaze is so desperate to please her mother that she’ll agree with whatever Maria says. What happened to the young woman who signed her own contract with Brook Lynn? Who was ready to cut her mother out of her life because said mother didn’t approve of her being gay? I’m really afraid that P&E are going to regress the character. 😝 And WTF was she wearing?????

alexis and Diane is always fun but geez Alexis, stop picking fights with your bosses all the time! You are not the owner of the newspaper. You're an employee. You report to the publisher, who has the final word on what the newspaper looks like. You don’t have to like it, but you do have to abide by the decision. That said, I don’t blame her for throwing Adrian out of her office. He’s an obnoxious twit lol!

I liked the Jake/Jason scenes. It was nice that someone got to light into Jason about staying away and why he couldn’t be bothered to get in touch with his kids. Also asking why he should invest in any kind of relationship with Jason when it wasn’t known how long he’d stick around ‘this time.’ It was nice that Liz allowed him to feel what he feels, while also telling him to dial back the snark a bit. 

Previews: I’m guessing Curtis can stand and hasn’t said anything to his family. Shades of Sonny keeping his mobility a secret until he was ready to walk down the aisle with Carly. 🙄

Dex telling the Academy instructor that working for Sonny was a mistake. Guess he can kiss those intimate dinners with Sonny goodbye 🤣

couldn’t make out what Drew was saying to Nina.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Is Blaze's mom her actual manager or is she just barging in to cause trouble? She doesn't seem to understand how being the face of a cosmetic company works

I watched part of the episode today and saw some of that. What's so wrong with Blaze being a spokesmodel for them? Or her being labeled as edgy? Did they call her out on the fact that Blaze is an adult and can do whatever she wants? I would have said something. I liked the looks on Maxie and Brooklyn's faces. She was annoying. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

couldn’t make out what Drew was saying to Nina.

What has payback ever gotten you.

(Just watched it.)

15 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

What has payback ever gotten you.

(Just watched it.)

Says the guy who fired her from her job for payback. A good look in the mirror wouldn't hurt, Drewfus.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

HW was excellent today.  He hit all the right notes and I'm not just saying that because I enjoyed watching Jason reaping what he has sowed with his son.  I will be disappointed if this gets resolved too quickly.

• Like 12
(edited)

Jason: “You HAVE to believe me.”

Jake: “Would you believe you?”

Me: BOOM!

I would have enjoyed the scene of Anna kicking Mooby out had she not turned on the waterworks, as if she’s just discovered he’s a fucking mobster.

But I did cackle at Mooby’s DUH? expression.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What Anna was describing to the Academy instructor? Dex would be a better informant-what she was saying? That’s what informants do!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

HW was excellent today.  He hit all the right notes and I'm not just saying that because I enjoyed watching Jason reaping what he has sowed with his son.  I will be disappointed if this gets resolved too quickly.

There seems to be an awesome show in off-screensville where Jake and Danny have a superb father and son relationship with Jason because when they were fighting they were both talking about "Dad" and not looking at each other with wtf looks on their faces at this strange robotic creature calling himself their father.

I liked Anna's scenes today--FH played her anger very well because she wasn't simply angry at Sonny but at herself for ignoring the mobster in their midst and pretending he wasn't as violent as he was.  I think Jason's crimes are being overlooked because he's now working with the FBI, and like Dex, his knowledge of criminal activities is a boon for law enforcement.

I like Maxie and I want to see her be a little more annoyed at Blaze's mom but her, Brook Lynn and Lucy just stared at her while she steamed rolled them.  Not good.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Is Blaze's mom her actual manager or is she just barging in to cause trouble? She doesn't seem to understand how being the face of a cosmetic company works.

I believe she's her business manager, and Brooklyn is her "music manager." 

I have to say, though, that her mom was pretty much on the money in that meeting. It is kind of sketchy that the white model didn't work out because she was "too wholesome," but that the Latina model won't have that issue. Good for her for asking for clarity about "edginess." 

It's also true that while a rock star in a print ad for beauty products can still be cool, doing the QVC thing is definitely going to take the edge of your image immediately.

So, other than the gay panic that crept in there at the end of the meeting, go, Mrs. Blaze!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jake lighting into Jason!! 😍 👏

SBu continues to... act!

The hot guy from the training academy puts Anna on notice that they all know she is soft on Sonny. (Jordan should think about tapping THAT -not Drew!)

Maxie looked great today, hair and makeup!

Are we going to have to change it to That Fantasic General Hospital?! 🤞

Almost negating all this goodness was the evil that must be mentioned, Diane's shiny gold wrap chain belt. Again.

• Like 9

Hudson West really does need to be on contract if he will sign one. He can anchor the teen scene. Welcome back, PM. 

This show was so lucky to hang onto Becky when the other Musketeers did what the young do all those years ago. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

They are very, very lucky HW hasn't left outright for bigger things in the last few years IMO. He does book work. I am surprised he's still here and now is the time to finally lock him down.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

This show was so lucky to hang onto Becky when the other Musketeers did what the young do all those years ago. 

Lucky in spite of themselves, given they let her go and only fan outrage and a write-in campaign had them reconsider. 

• Like 13

I like the cop calling Anna out on her being soft on Sonny and ask why she has a change of heart on him.  Anna had audacity to say she's sorry for giving that impression? It is true not an impression.

Then to prove it, Sonny knocks and waltzes into the office in the police station and she's now trying to act cool like she's too busy. We're supposed to forget where she lived for awhile? Instead of going to Felicia, Robert anyone else. She went to spend the nights at Sonny's. But she's crying to him now that those days are over. Lol 

Team Jake, he's awesome.  Stick to that hate Jake. Jason deserves nothing from him.  Jason chose someone above his kids and it wasn't Jake or Danny he was working for fbi for. 

I can do without Elizabeth trying to stop Jake for rightfully calling out Jason on where he's been.  Jason was never a dad to Jake. When was Jason ever Jake's father?

• Like 11

Martins talking about hummingbird cake made me curious. I looked it up and decided to make it for Easter. They asked where I heard of it and after I told them the name was changed to soap opera cake. 

It was a hit

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I can do without Elizabeth trying to stop Jake for rightfully calling out Jason on where he's been.  Jason was never a dad to Jake. When was Jason ever Jake's father?

I don't think Elizabeth was trying to stop Jake for calling out Jason (she flat out told Jason she had some same questions), I think she didn't want Jake getting worked up and having it out with Jason, an adult, in front of Aiden when Aiden looks up to Jake as his older brother. After all, Aiden just a few days before witnessed Jake and Danny arguing and hitting each other. 

I think Jason has actually had more interactions with Jake over time than he's had with Danny, which shows how uninvested he is in his sons. The only "fun" time I can remember between HW's Jake and Jason was when Jake asked BM's Drew and Jason to meet him at some event (sports?) and neither knew Jake had invited the other. Jake wanted to hang out with both of them and for them to get along like he got along with his brothers. After that, Jake got close to Franco and so there was tension when/if Elizabeth and Jake were with Franco and saw Jason or talked about Franco to Jason. 

• Like 6

Elizabeth was treading a very fine line between encouraging Jake to express his feelings and to not get so swept up in his anger that he closes the door on a good relationship with his father forever.  I don't want Jake to forgive Jason any time soon.  Jason needs to put in actual effort to earn Jake's forgiveness and I think it should take months if not years (look at Jake avenging his grandfather LOL).  BUT I also don't want Jake to have a permanently damaged relationship with his father or to hold on to his anger for too long because it isn't healthy for him.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

What was going on with blazes mom. taking over her daughters contract?  Blaze is an adult.

Is home and heart a local show or  national? 

I was hoping she would stand up to her mom about keeping her private life private.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

GH really isn't bad at spotting young talent.  We lose NAC a likely breakout star, and here is Hudson West.  He's really good.   They definitely need him on contract.  And Scarlett who plays Charlotte is another one.  I know she has been having health issues and I do hope she is well soon and for good.  And I would love to see her back, we need a girl in that group, and she causes trouble which I like.  

• Like 3
15 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I will be disappointed if [the Jason/Jake conflict] gets resolved too quickly.

Same. I thought they had Dante wake up too soon to exonerate Jason in his shooting. Jason should have had to sweat things out longer, as Dante was the only one who could say for sure who shot him—or didn't. 

I would like to see Jason's sons accept him for the crap father he is and tolerate him because the alternative takes up too much of their energy. And I would LOVE it if one of the boys needs Jason but Michael has a problem that Jason has to solve, and Jason helps Michael first, as he would. Let's lean into how Michael is Jason's priority.

14 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think Jason's crimes are being overlooked because he's now working with the FBI, and like Dex, his knowledge of criminal activities is a boon for law enforcement.

How much are they really going to spill, though? Jason would never betray Sonny (regardless of what Sonny thinks these days, heh), and I think even Dex is smart enough to know that if he tells too much, his days are numbered (fingers crossed). So everyone in PC getting all excited is going to be sorely disappointed, as usual when it comes to the mob.

• Like 1
(edited)

Charlotte can stay in whatever hole they've left that mutant child in AFAIC. She should not exist at all and it's a disgusting affront to Lulu that she does, IMO. At this point say Valentin faked the whole DNA test to get at the Spencers in some way.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How much are they really going to spill, though? Jason would never betray Sonny (regardless of what Sonny thinks these days, heh), and I think even Dex is smart enough to know that if he tells too much, his days are numbered (fingers crossed). So everyone in PC getting all excited is going to be sorely disappointed, as usual when it comes to the mob.

ITA. Jason isn’t going to go against Sonny and he’s only working with the feds temporarily to get out of RICO charges that I’m sure he’s 100% guilty of. It’s not like he isn’t going to go back to committing crimes as soon as this SL wraps so he’s not any different than Sonny. Anna’s just being dumb. Btw, how is Jason still working for them when everyone knows he was an FBI informant and Brennan and Valentin found out he was working undercover? It’s not like he can continue at this point now that he’s been exposed 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Nice enough scenes overall yesterday but it was a choppy show edit-wise. I was pleased they held the line on Anna and Sonny and ending the relationship, I hope it lasts as interviews suggest it will. But I'm done with watching Anna tear up over these mobsters she used to put away by the truckload (and this is more on Finola than the writing atm AFAIC). Her emotion and inner revulsion made sense in the early scenes with Jagger's speech about Sonny last month, but let's move forward and give Anna back some steel. I did like the instructor calling her out about Anna's softness on Sonny over the last several years.

Sonny wandering into his gunshot cop son's hospital room to whine about his longtime hitman turning to law enforcement was high comedy.

If Eva LaRue becomes an active schemer against Deception/Blaze then I'll potentially be interested, but otherwise I'm done with this subplot and wooden dayplayer Blaze. There are better LGBT stories to do and better characters to do it with, even if Kate Mansi and the actress playing Blaze sell the intimacy.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2

John to Jason:...or we use the evidence we already have and charge Carly Spencer with RICO viaolations and cirminal conspiracy 

BOOM!!  I KNEW it had to be Carly.  MIchael was a possiblitiy but Carly is the one he would (stupidly) die for.  

• Like 9
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

John to Jason:...or we use the evidence we already have and charge Carly Spencer with RICO viaolations and cirminal conspiracy 

BOOM!!  I KNEW it had to be Carly.  MIchael was a possiblitiy but Carly is the one he would (stupidly) die for.  

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Ice Cube No GIF

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Cartoons Comics Rage GIF

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7

The new writers are a letdown regarding the Jason storyline. He's a POS for letting his mother and sons believe he was dead ... to protect Carly. Utterly predictable. Except seeing him wear a blue jacket that matches his eyes. 

I feel so bad for Monica, Jake and Danny. Those teenagers deserve better and should not be forgiving him anytime soon.

I like that for once, Willow seems to be giving Carly a hostile vibe as she's happily chirping about Jason. Weird that it's on Drew's behalf. I lol that Willow sounds more invested in her husband's uncles than in him. 

I'm confused about the kids. Wiley and Donna are the exact same size now.  Wasn't Wiley born before Donna? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

and quite frankly. if I were Jake and Danny that would be my Waterloo and want nothing to do with Jason again. Carly chose that life, thus if they have RICO/Criminal stuff against her, tough tits. maybe next time don't go rushing to be a mob moll.

[though truthfully. I would have rather it been something akin to Michael. because as @dubbel zout said the faster his children realise that the one NOT spawned from him is his #1 priority the better - and actually very much soap-drama-y]. and legit Monica should burn his ass for that too. the woman has lost everything and he pretended to be dead for Carly?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2