Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lol why is Michael acting like Carly will get a life sentence for insider trading? She would most likely get a short sentence in a minimum security prison if not just probation or house arrest. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 11

Dex to Joss:  "You're special."  (I'm old enough to remember when 'special' was a euphemism.

"With Cam we just outgrew each other."  You mean that you got bored with the nice guy and fell for the bad boy mob-wannabe.

"[your uncle Victor] uncovered evidence that the PCPD missed."  Trina's eagerness to get Esmè into jail and Spencer custody of her child is really making me dislike her.  I'm also not impressed that Spencer is willing to use faked pictures against Esme.

"If the cops discover that any of this evidence isn't legitimate, then you're the one going to prison. Then what's going to happen to Ace?"  (Me: he's probably be raised by Laura and Kevin, which would be much better for him than Spencer having custody. Seriously, both Spencer and Trina look awful in this scene.)

"Maxie, Sasha and Lucy actually care that their employees are happy."  Tracy: "What kind of a business plan is that?"  (I love Tracy's snark.)

The first time in a long time that I've liked Carly when she was calling Michael on his garbage, and pointing out the danger of Sonny going o prison (even if it's all gummi bear fake).  I wish that she had added that Donna would be a target to get killed to send a message.

Portia: "Spencer has caused Trina nothing but pain."  What about why she needed him, because of the pain you caused her?  Trina is so much more mature than her mother.  Portia's brother is cute but he's not too bright. But I hope that he sticks around for a summer fling for Jordan.

Why in the world would Ava agree to do what sleazy Mason wants? She's from a mob family, these vague threats shouldn't intimidate her. There's no reason to listen to him. At least Nik's name was finally brought up, even though it wasn't a real threat, and Ava finally stood up to Austin pushing her.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The first time in a long time that I've liked Carly when she was calling Michael on his garbage, and pointing out the danger of Sonny going to prison.

Michael: I don't see it that way.

Me: That's why you're a SLS. Not only did you think through all the possibilities of your actions, you won't accept them when someone points them out to you. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why in the world would Ava agree to do what sleazy Mason wants? She's from a mob family, these vague threats shouldn't intimidate her. There's no reason to listen to him. At least Nik's name was finally brought up, even though it wasn't a real threat, and Ava finally stood up to Austin pushing her.

This. There’s no way Ava couldn’t hold her own against her. Are they waiting for a special casting for the big bad Austin/Mason mob boss, because the delay is ridiculous. Also another bad Ava hair day and new ugly earrings - my girl deserves better.

Michael is such an idiot, he made Carly look great today. She was quite right about the consequences of a mafia turf war. She also mentioned Jason twice and I’m starting to think someone’s coming back. (He’s on DOOL now, but they shoot 6 months ahead). 

Speaking of idiots - see Spencer go again. Trina deserves better.

Happy to see Portia’s brother back. The actors seemed to have a nice little improv moment there with the football stuff. He looked good with Jordan, but I thought she also had chemistry with Chase. A nice change from his  interactions with Brooklyn.

Lastly - Jane Elliott always rocks.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Trina's eagerness to get Esmè into jail

well she was never against Esme going to jail in the first place. She simply didnt want the charges to be dismissed because she couldn't remember.  (this isn't dismissing your thoughts or whatever - just - more of this is consistent for Trina. She always wanted her to pay, i think it just got deferred). and I haven't watched for a Week + A Day so. 

Michael couldn't see two feet in front of him if he had a flashlight so I am not surprised his pouting self can't see the wisdom of Carly. (who said that?) explaining how mafia stuff works.

looking at the preview Willow already has visitors... after having a bone marrow transplant.... and she isn't in isolation why this show eeps teasing me with things that can kill Willow but they refuse to do the job is beyond me. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wow, they’re really pushing Joss/Dex. That montage made me laugh. They’ve been through more than most couples. Hah! Meanwhile two incidents of Dex getting hurt then scenes of schmoopy eyes and cheating. This grand love/relationship that’s all of *checks calendar*  six months old. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

looking at the preview Willow already has visitors... after having a bone marrow transplant.... and she isn't in isolation why this show eeps teasing me with things that can kill Willow but they refuse to do the job is beyond me. 

It's practically trolling me at this point -- all the reasons why Willow could/should die, and yet she never does.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

well she was never against Esme going to jail in the first place. She simply didnt want the charges to be dismissed because she couldn't remember.

It was Trina's eagerness today that bothered me, it was almost Carly-like in the rush to judgment and execution.

I also don't get why Trina is so excited to have her 19 year old boyfriend get custody of the baby. Unless he hires a 23 hour/a/day nanny, having Ace around is going to put a serious crimp in their relationship not to mention Spencer getting any kind of job or adult life.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Wow, they’re really pushing Joss/Dex. That montage made me laugh. They’ve been through more than most couples. Hah! Meanwhile two incidents of Dex getting hurt then scenes of schmoopy eyes and cheating. This grand love/relationship that’s all of *checks calendar*  six months old. 

Have they even had a public date? Has Dex done anything for her that required as much effort as his date with Sonny?

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
4 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Has Dex done anything for her that required as much effort as his date with Sonny?

Dex could at least talk with Sonny, not the Halloween pumpkin that is Joss.

• LOL 6

You know a pairing isn't working when the show goes overtime to try to tell us how perfect for each other they are.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I also don't get why Trina is so excited to have her 19 year old boyfriend get custody of the baby. Unless he hires a 23 hour/a/day nanny, having Ace around is going to put a serious crimp in their relationship not to mention Spencer getting any kind of job or adult life.

Trina wants Esmé punished, and that includes losing custody of Ace. Spencer doesn't need to work for money, and he's never seemed ambitious to have any sort of adult life, which is sad.

Michael's expressions when he was talking to Carly were hilarious. He's such an idiot.

I don't know why Carly doesn't destroy the flash drive herself. 

Sonny needs a succession plan.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Since Nikolas is gone, who is running Cassadine Enterprises. If Valentin wasn't going on a wild goose chase with Laura in Chechnya, he should make another play to take the company back.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3

I don't know how Michael ever became a successful CEO, he doesn't understand the basic things about mob life even though he grew up in the mob. He's the dumbest piece of shit ever. Should've stayed in school longer, my dude.

Everything Carly said was true. But to expect that Michael can see further than the tip of his nose is setting the bar pretty high. I was hoping she'd slap him. Seriously, I really wanted her to hit him. 

So does Tracy have or invested in a cosmetics company or something?

The writers sure has neutered Ava. 

Jordan and Zeke sure look pretty together, but I'd rather this doesn't happen. Jordan should be far away from anything to do with Portia and Curtis. Curtis especially. I'm assuming he'll end up going territorial eventually.

This whole Esme thing needs to end. When Spencer gets custody of Ace, is he going to still live with Laura or is he going to move in with Uncle Sonny. Spencer looks in no rush to get his own place. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The first time in a long time that I've liked Carly when she was calling Michael on his garbage, and pointing out the danger of Sonny going o prison (even if it's all gummi bear fake).  I wish that she had added that Donna would be a target to get killed to send a message.

Color me shocked, I really liked the scene with Carly and Michael too. LW is much more tolerable when she isn't smug and sneering. 

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Everything Carly said was true. But to expect that Michael can see further than the tip of his nose is setting the bar pretty high. I was hoping she'd slap him. Seriously, I really wanted her to hit him. 

That would have been perfection.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Can't help but wonder how much Jane Elliot contributes to Tracy's dialogue.  It's so much better than the rest that it can't be from the same writers.

I wouldn't mind a full episode narrated by Tracy. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I’m sure it’s a dumb pp for Joss to get ahold of it since Carly wouldn’t use it herself. 

• Like 5
(edited)

I don’t get why Carly didn’t simply take the flash drive and dump it in her coffee or some other glass of liquid. Bam, end of flash drive. And I swear CD gets worse every damn day. LW is pleading with him and yelling at him and he just stands there with the same stupid blank expression on his face.

Maura, I love you but please fix your hair! It looks like straw and the color is awful. 🙁

thankfully I was spoiled about the Jex scenes and FFed thru all of it. I don’t think I could’ve stomached watching that shit.

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3

It’s a choice to make Michael and Joss even more insufferable than they already were in an attempt to make Carly more palatable but I guess it’s working because she does look better in comparison anytime she shares scenes with them now. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Everything Carly said was true. But to expect that Michael can see further than the tip of his nose is setting the bar pretty high. I was hoping she'd slap him.

I read that fast and thought 'slap' was 'stab,' and was like 'harsh, but I could get behind it.'  Anyway...

What a whiny, little asshole Michael is.  Carly basically walked him thru Mobsters for Dummies and he still didn't get it.  And I guess Carly didn't immediately throw the flash drive down the garbage disposal means the other asshole kid of hers is going to find it and hand it in.

Speaking of, for the love of god, writers, really, with the "no other couple has gong through as much as we have."  Right, right...except for practically ever couple on the show.  Also, lol at her "is it weird I'm talking about Oscar right after we had sex?" when most of the time they're talking about Sonny.  Dex probably got turned on by it being something different.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 8

Jordan walks around with her engagement ring in her purse?

Trina is stupid if she thinks this evidence gift from Victor comes without consequences and it was him being helpful. Her threatening to go and screeching at Spencer is getting old. 

It's SEC violations Carly would go to country club jail versus Sonny mobster arms crimes federal forever Michael and Joss are acting like she'd go to jail forever. 

Michael starts listing kids, how will Donna feel about him and Carly if they turn in the footage and all the kids know? 

Let someone die and Michael be responsible. 

The montage with the ILYs  was sweet, there's not a lot of them anymore. 

This Austin/Ava big boss story dragging so much. 

What does Portia's brother do? He is wearing a lot of gold & his watch really big. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

It's SEC violations Carly would go to country club jail versus Sonny mobster arms crimes federal forever Michael and Joss are acting like she'd go to jail forever. 

If Diane did her job correctly, Carly probably would agree to a plea and only has to pay a fine, get probation and maybe some community service.

• Like 5

Carly: gives impassioned explanation for why Sonny going to prison could endanger everyone connected to him, and cites how things went the last time they were in this position to support to her point.

Michael: Well, I don't see it that way.

Let's just take the chance then, I guess.

Mason is the opposite of intimidating and every character has to be written as so stupid to make this plot work. I said this back when it first happened, but if Mason goes to the police and tells them that he has Nikolas, the only person guaranteed to be negatively affected by that is him. How's he going to explain taking Nikolas instead of calling police/ambulance at the time? How's he going to explain not coming forward with what he knows during all the time that's passed? Even if he has physical evidence connecting Ava to the event, how credible is that evidence now that it's been removed from the crime scene and kept hidden (and possibly contaminated) by Mason all this time? All Ava would have to say is, "He fabricated evidence to try to blackmail me into spying on Sonny."

• Like 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I’m sure it’s a dumb pp for Joss to get ahold of it since Carly wouldn’t use it herself. 

I think Ava will end up with flash drive.  Since they seem determined to drag her into the Pikeman mess.

• Useful 2

If Selena Wu is the big bad behind Mason, you would think she has enough ears to the ground to know both Michael and Joss hate Sonny. It’s not like they are quiet about it. Seems like it would be easier to use Michael and Dex (threaten Joss for leverage) for info on Sonny than Ava.

Maybe they are bringing back Johnny Zacarra. Didn’t he go to prison? Maybe he is out. I suppose it is to much to ask for to have Brandon Barash back in that role.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

Maybe they are bringing back Johnny Zacarra. Didn’t he go to prison? Maybe he is out. I suppose it is to much to ask for to have Brandon Barash back in that role.

We'll probably end up with Wes Ramsey or someone from OLTL. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5

I think we are supposed to believe the Cassadines are billionaires, and to me, it's far more realistic that Spencer, the billionaire son, doesn't work.   Let's be honest, in real life they don't.   Do the offspring of the Walmart family work?  I read an article that one of the granddaughters has a yacht that costs hundreds of thousands a week to keep up with fresh flowers and shit.  Just in case she decides to go for a spin.  To me, it's far more realistic that Spencer doesn't work.  Just my opinion.  Also, in a million years Ava would not have that castle, it would be Spencer's.  She would be out on her ass, no matter what the paperwork says.  SHe would be paid off or sued, but she'd be out.  Also very unrealistic, but it's fine because i get the dramatic possibilities of her living there.  But eventually, if the show lasts, Spencer (likely a recast Spencer by then) will preside over Wyndemere.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

If Selena Wu is the big bad behind Mason, you would think she has enough ears to the ground to know both Michael and Joss hate Sonny. It’s not like they are quiet about it. Seems like it would be easier to use Michael and Dex (threaten Joss for leverage) for info on Sonny than Ava.

I doubt Selena is the one behind Mason. And she wants Gladys to find her information on Sonny, which means that there may be two people after Sonny and I'm pretty sure it also has to do with Pikeman for Selena.

But you're absolutely right, Selena and Mason should put the squeeze on Michael, especially. Joss would sing like a canary because she's a complete moron. Michael would try and puff fish his way through the whole thing, probably throwing a do you know who I am question because he's an idiot like that.

The fact that he didn't understand what his mother was telling him about the consequences of Sonny's arrest, the power vacuum it would leave and how she might end up 6 feet under because of it was pretty astounding. Carly should have borrowed Donna's crayons and doodled it for him.

We all knew Michael was too stupid to live, but yesterday was just a really bad day for the character.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, nilyank said:
12 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

If Valentin heading to Chechnya, who's running ELQ?  

Ned.

I know, I was being sarcastic!!  The ELQ stock threatened to tank when Valentin came out of hiding, so I was just saying what will happen now that he's still not at work but running around Europe with Laura.  Just like who's raising charlotte?

• Like 1
On 6/4/2023 at 7:25 AM, statsgirl said:

*Now that he's out jail, what exactly does Spencer do with his life? He doesn't work with all his trust fund money and he's not going to PCU.

Watching on and off over the years, I'm not sure what Nikolas did.  They are so wealthy from old money, I thought.   Charity work?  Whatever gazzillionaires do with their lives. 

14 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I wondered why they did that montage.  This is not a couple that everybody loves.  And it hasn't been that long.  Made me wonder if he is going to die.  

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think Ava will end up with flash drive.  Since they seem determined to drag her into the Pikeman mess.

Cuz bringing up PIkeman seemed intriguing.  It will link characters who didn't deal with each other much together before. 

They'll all die if Sonny goes to jail - I thought the mob at least had the honor to leave families out of it?  Until it is needed for the plot that they be dishonorable about it.  Or the real bad mob guys vs. good mobster (LOL0  Sonny.  

• Like 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Wow, they’re really pushing Joss/Dex.

We must have been really bad people in our previous lives.  The little bit of dex/carly jr. scenes that I watch (when my index finger doesn't get on that fast-forward button quick enough) seem like watching Dex in acting class.  Gotta do better than giving him new digs and some dog tags cause he looks/acts like he should be working as a waiter at Metro Court or as a parking valet. 

So the writers/FV have established that Michael has used Sonny's crimes as a way to get his father locked up and NOT as the primary reason to put Sonny away.  The primary reason that Michael wants Sonny locked up is because he doesn't like Nina and not because Sonny is a violent thug or a criminal.  

I am here for Ava/Hyphen.  Now that these two have been dragged into Sonny's sphere, this duo will only make that plot more bearable to watch (even though Sonny/Carly/Michael/Drew/Writers/FV will inevitably make Ava/hyphen the fall guys). These are two actors that rise above the writing and seem to enjoy working with each other.

Edited by sunnyface
grammer
  • Like 6
31 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I wondered why they did that montage.  This is not a couple that everybody loves.  And it hasn't been that long.  Made me wonder if he is going to die.  

We're not that lucky.

• LOL 6
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

We're not that lucky.

I agree, but what if? With all the talk of Oscar, her first dead boyfriend... Maybe she's gonna get a history like Michael's, with most of his partners dying. (Why not Willow, Fates? Why not Willow?) Cameron may be lucky to have gotten loose of her, in more ways than one.

Truth to tell, though, much as I find Dex yawnable, I'm not up for the Joss drama that would follow, she's already so full of herself as it is. "No one's ever loved like I have! No one's ever suffered..."

She's so self-centered, I wonder if it's ever occurred to her that Dex might have a lost love in his past. That would really frost her cookies.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I suspect that super long Joss/Dex montage was in part because the show is stretching out episodes due to the writers strike. These episodes would have been taped in early May and when the show shut down production in 2020, they padded filmed episodes with a ton of flashbacks. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6
  • Useful 4
54 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I agree, but what if? With all the talk of Oscar, her first dead boyfriend... Maybe she's gonna get a history like Michael's, with most of his partners dying. (Why not Willow, Fates? Why not Willow?) Cameron may be lucky to have gotten loose of her, in more ways than one.

Technically he should end up dead for essentially being a mole in Sonny's organization and turning evidence against him. And instead of leaving town like Michael told him, this loser is staying put.

If this show had any sort of follow-up, Dex would end up 6 feet under in the Pine Barrens. And so should Michael if we're being perfectly honest.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Everyone seems extra stupid lately. Could Trina and Spencer not just go to Mayor Laura or Police Chief Jordan or super PI's Curtis/Sam or ex-WSB Anna and explain that Victor left them this evidence, but it needs to be investigated and verified and let the professionals do that. I mean, how hard is it to verify that a receipt is genuine. Maybe just contact the company?! Granted, most of that list is horribly incompetent, but it's still a better plan than destroying the evidence or just ignoring it. 

It would be more interesting if Mason turned out to be some kind of law enforcement agent. It would take some rewriting, but we all know GH is more than capable of making Mason Nina's third twin if they feel like it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 3/15/2023 at 11:37 AM, possibilities said:

I did think the mother was extremely generous to try to meet with and talk to the deniers, but why did they meet in a parking lot instead of somewhere indoors, where everyone could sit down, and possibly actually look at the documents? Why did she not prepare at all emotionally, or by researching the arguments they were using, so she'd be less shocked by what they said and more prepared to answer? Why did she lose patience so quickly and storm off; she had to know that it wouldn't be easy, but she acted like she thought they would just fold instantly.  

And yes, there would of course be a lot of people who would support her, but they seemed committed to the idea that the family was all alone.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:03 PM, buckboard said:

Yes, and that's why Laura should have been in touch with other families who have been through that horrible situation.  No, not all litigated against their harrassers, but they could have provided Laura with support and some strategy, so she wasn't fighting her grief and the deniers alone.  

NM

I remember that the other mob families ordered that Carly be killed since she knew too much of Sonny's business. Good times.

Drew high-fiving Curtis for having such a wonderful daughter was gross. She's wonderful because Taggart raised her.

So Willow is her nurse's "very favourite patient"? Sure, fine. (Good job by the day player.)

How is it that Carly is always outside Willow's room and making sure she gets taken care of most of the time we see her, she's at home or at the Metro Court of somewhere else plotting. <inset 'give me a break' eyeroll>

I like Maxie's toast "to cruelty-free cosmetics." Also, it's a shock to see someone on this show being sensible about money. Certainly not so-called adult Portia.

Portia would make a terrible spy. So unsubtle trying to get Esme and hence Spencer out of town.

Kevin saying that he knows that Laura when she makes up her mind she's made it so he's going with her to Chechnya shows that he's a better partner than today's Robert who keeps trying to stop Anna from doing stuff. Also Kevin is on so little, how will we notice if he's away?

Why would Brook Lynn know Yuri's number? Wouldn't Valentin, his former boss, be a better person?  Or Terry?

I love Tracy's floaty caftan.

6 hours ago, CeChase said:

Also, in a million years Ava would not have that castle, it would be Spencer's.  She would be out on her ass, no matter what the paperwork says.  SHe would be paid off or sued, but she'd be out.

I wasn't watching at the time but I think that Wyndermere was a relatively recent acquisition, not one of the Cassadine family properties.

And who is there left to pay her off and take over the property? Nik is gone, Victor is dead, Valentin is out of the family. There remains only Spencer and Ace, both underage.

5 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Watching on and off over the years, I'm not sure what Nikolas did.  They are so wealthy from old money, I thought.   Charity work?  Whatever gazzillionaires do with their lives.

Wasn't there a time when the money was gone? When Nik disappeared the last time and Valentin became head of the family, he regrew the wealth with smart business decisions, which is why Ned supported him to be head of ELQ.

Presumably the current Cassadine fortune is invested, waiting for someone to come back and make new decisions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Today’s episode felt very random.

Willow remains an idiot and I’m not sure why we were subjected to an entire episode of her whining to some dayplayer nurse or doctor. All I’m gathering is she’s in desperate need of therapy before she passes on her own issues to her children.

Good for Jordan for finally hooking up with a new guy but why was she still carrying around her engagement ring when she’s been divorced for over 2 years and he quickly moved on to someone else? She took pining over an ex to an entirely new level. I do like the tv trope of unloading your secrets on a stranger only to later find out it was probably the last person you should have said all this to.

Guess it’s time for GF’s annual vacation. Is Valentin not going with Laura anymore because they didn’t mention it today.  

I have absolutely no interest in Trina bunking with Joss and Carly. I already ffw her scenes with her blonde bff and it was bad enough to have Spencer living at the same place as Esme. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching at the time but I think that Wyndermere was a relatively recent acquisition, not one of the Cassadine family properties.

Stefan bought Wyndemere when he and Nikolas moved to PC in the 90s. The house already existed on the show prior to that with other owners.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How is it that Carly is always outside Willow's room and making sure she gets taken care of most of the time we see her, she's at home or at the Metro Court of somewhere else plotting. <inset 'give me a break' eyeroll>

I still haven't gotten over the absurdity of Carly making brownies.  Which no one ate. 

5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Stefan bought Wyndemere when he and Nikolas moved to PC in the 90s. The house already existed on the show prior to that with other owners.

Wasn't it Faison's house originally?

• LOL 5

Once again, no one mentions Charlotte.  Kevin decides he's going with Laura but the two worry about Esme and Spencer.  The solution, have Alexis, her girls and Sonny look in on them.  If you're going to bother having a throwaway line about who's taking care of the young adults, maybe had a throwway line about who's going to be taking care of the minor?  Something like she's staying with Dante so she can spend some time with her half brother Rocco.  Or she's at sleep away camp for the summer.  Something.  Anything.  I keep picturing Charlotte walking around Laura's completely empty house wondering where the heck everyone went.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m glad they finally acknowledged that Maxie has been living in a shoebox with her kids and needs a bigger place. I’ve long thought it was funny that she’s still living in same place that she originally got with Lulu when they were in their single, child free years. I wonder if they’ll give her Dante/Lulu’s old house. That was a pretty set and I’m surprised that they didn’t give it to anyone else when Dante moved out. Not that it made any sense for them to move from a house to the PH which we know isn’t anywhere near enough space for 5 people but GH will never let that ugly PH set with it’s squeaky couch and duct tape on the stairs go

• LOL 4
20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Wasn't it Faison's house originally?

IIRC, Spoon Island was introduced during the Casey the Alien story. I always had the impression that the house was deserted at that time. But during the same story, Faison bought it. 

• Useful 6

Isn't there some sort of pain medication they can give Willow? Do we have to also watch her be a martyr for that? Ugh. And wow, Willow can give sex trafficker Harmony a pass, but big mean Nina gets no quarter whatsoever. Suck it, Willow.

Isn't Portia treating Esmé a conflict of interest? Can't jack-of-all-specialties TJ do the honors? I don't want to watch Portia be passive-aggressive with Esmé.

Drew and Curtis talking was the worst. They are both douches.

Didn't Valentin say he'd go to Chechnya with Laura? Why does she need to find someone who know the area and speaks the language when there already is one?

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Jordan will be both commish and deputy mayor. Jordan was saying how she had no time for anything in her life. Cumulating two jobs should help that.

And I'm not against her having a romantic life, but I'm against her having a relationship with Portia's brother. That's no where near enough degrees of separation. 

Martyr!Carly was back on screen today with poor day player trying to get through to her dumbass patient. Willow is vapid and vile. I rue the day Michael laid eyes on her.

Portia off manipulating Esme into leaving PC with Ace. Is that in the hopes of having Spencer follow her? How does she know Trina won't follow him again? Another one who can't see further than the tip of her nose.

Drew and Curtis scenes were all kinds of levels of disgusting. High five! Trina is your kid. High five! Trina is a wonderful young woman! No thanks to Curtis, fool! Those two are ultra stupid and their scenes were ultra painful to get through. 

I remember when Drew and Curtis's friendship was a highlight for me. Now I wish they'd both just drive off a cliff.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Willow's nurse looked really familiar to me. I was hoping we'd see her outside the room with her mask off.  (ETA: https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Diol

It IS weird that Valentine offering to go with Laura wasn't mentioned today. I assume he has Charlotte back with him now, but if he and Kevin both go, then Charlotte's care becomes an issue again.

So is Portia's brother some kind of hot shot lawyer or investigator? Isn't that who Drew called?

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3