Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Drew: "Somebody's gotta go down for this."  Me: if it wnill end this stupid plotline, I'll drive you to the police office.

Two good things in today's episode:  Liz talking to her grandfather that she made head nurse; and Carly realizing that she raised two monsters in Michael and Joss.

Marginal good: Ned saying that the level of distrust between him and Drew&Michael cannot be walked back. And then Olivia blows it all by saying Ned should be the bigger person.

Otherwise, so much stupid.  This idea of finding out who turned Drew and Carly in -- the SEC must keep it the source secret because otherwise no one would report anything.

I hate the bad writing where Martin says out loud at the Metro Court that it was Nina who turned them in.

Joss: "You've just condemned Dex. He's done for."  Me: Did you not hear Sonny when he said that he would let Dex go if Dex asks? The Stupid, it burns. Someone stop Joss from becoming a doctor and killing her patients.

45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when is Elizabeth Portia's best friend?!

Since when is Finn Portia's relationship confidante?

9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Also, they made it obvious, to me anyway, that a shift is about to happen where Dex doesn’t really want out of the mob despite the fact that Sonny will let him quit if he asked.

Thus cementing him as Jason 2.0.

• Like 6

Drew is truly discount Jason. It’s baffling that someone who was kept away from his young daughter for 2 years is so nonchalant about going to prison for Carly because his relationship with his kid doesn’t compare to Carly’s with her kids. I’m sure Scout would feel great to hear that and it’s unfathomable that it doesn’t register at all with him that he could spend all the time in the world with his daughter and chooses to have her fall a (very) distant second to Carly in his list of priorities. I still remember him skipping out on Scout’s first day at school to track down Carly in Florida because she didn’t answer his phone calls for a few hours. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Thus cementing him as Jason 2.0.

I’m already picturing Joss doing the “he’s such a good person” rant that Carly/Jason’s girlfriend of the moment did for him anytime someone rightfully calling out that he’s a murderer and career criminal. 

• Like 3

"Did you know that you have very expressive eyes?" LOL. We are definitely being trolled.

"Please stop thinking about Dex." More LOL. We know Carly barely thinks about Dex.

I see we've dragged Terry out of the closet for Pride. SMH.

Elizabeth called Audrey to tell her about her promotion. I checked; Rachel Ames is 93 years old, so hang in there!

Why didn't Carly explain the mob war angle to Joss? Could she not face another idiot child unable to grasp how the mob works? At least she destroyed that dumb flash drive.

6 minutes ago, ciarra said:
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when is Elizabeth Portia's best friend?!

I said that when Elizabeth was going to the Portia/Curtis wedding rehearsal(?) dinner. 

According to Portia, it's a tier. Alrighty, then.

Willow is such a hypocrite, not that this is news. Carly's decision about the SEC won't be made out of anger or malice, yet that's precisely how Willow made her about Nina.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Otherwise, so much stupid.  This idea of finding out who turned Drew and Carly in -- the SEC must keep it the source secret because otherwise no one would report anything.

And wouldn't this possibly turning into a RICO case make it even more important to keep the source confidential? Way to put a target on the source's back, feds.

Nice soapy moment when Jordan found out that Zeke was Portia's brother. Also fairly soapy when Ned overheard Martin telling Nina he'll make sure no one knows she was the informer on the SEC case. (Too late, Martin!)

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, jacourt said:

What is Ned going to do?  This hopefully will give him more screen time. 

hopefully the right thing and say nothing so basically the reverse of that.

I haven't been watching, but the thing is this pressure about reporting a whistleblower is so dumb. why woould the push it? if people pushed people to report crimes, then NO ONE WOULD REPORT CRIMES. 

Honestly I hope after the strike they get better writers because the ones we have are dumb

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Liz talking to her grandfather that she made head nurse

via Ouija board? or to the photo on the wall of greats at GH?

Marginal good: Ned saying that the level of distrust between him and Drew&Michael cannot be walked back. And then Olivia blows it all by saying Ned should be the bigger person.

Okay... I do hate Olivia - but ... in this case I do get what she's saying but it depends on WHAT she said/how she did it. Ned should be the bigger person (because being snitty all the time doens't help anyone), and those two bozos aren't worth it - and ned does't need to win every argument.  so let them whinge about nothing because clearly they are too stupid to realize anything

At the same time it would be nice if Olivia would acknowledge the fact that Ned did not betray them EVER. and had Drew + Michael treated Ned like a human being with feelings they wouldn't have been in this situation with feeelings to begin with

Joss: "You've just condemned Dex. He's done for."  Me: Did you not hear Sonny when he said that he would let Dex go if Dex asks? The Stupid, it burns. Someone stop Joss from becoming a doctor and killing her patients.

Joss shut up. just always

Carly realizing that she raised two monsters in Michael and Joss.

this would mean more if it would go somewhere. but it won't. so who cares really. 

• Like 3

So many things I don't understand.....

Like so many others, I don't understand why so many characters have decided that the way to handle the SEC accusations is to figure out the identity of the whistleblower.  To what end, exactly?  At least Ned remembers that the guilty parties are Drew and Carly, and that they are actually guilty.

While I enjoyed the Lucy/Maxie exchange, did it really come out of nowhere, and lead to nowhere, or was I asleep?  Since they're talking about school systems, which are specific to locations, I can't help but wonder if Maxie is moving away from Port Charles.  

I could not follow the exchange Anna had with the WSB last week. Didn't hear her resign as an agent, though she said she had done so.  At the end of the the scene, I thought that "blink-or-you'll-miss-it" story was done, but they alluded to it several times today.  Does anyone else understand better than I do?

Feel like I'm having a bad week, when GH is over my head.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

okay catching up
Jordan got some? you go girl. lol

Willow: this story could have ended diffrently had the SEC had found you. 
ME: NO THIS STORY COULD HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED HAD YOU GOTTEN TREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE... why am I watching willow. Skip. 

So Dex can't quit Sonny now? Lol whatever.

the look on Carly's face when Joss is like "JUST SCREW SONNY" was great. and honestly this is the LW stufff i like no righteous bitch face, no snorts or whatever. just.. pure acting. she looks horrified/disgusted/sad all at the same time at her daughter. 

56 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I just wish they didn't have Ned dressed up like a used car salesman while all of this pivotal stuff was going down. 

i see this and now i can't unsee this. 

but i also love "scout can grow up with her dad, and donna can grow up with her mom." - by making sure Donna can't grow up without her dad. (which is why i hated Nina until Sonny chose NIna). gotta love circular logic

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Was Nurse Clara just a chemo-fueled dream? That was totally inappropriate.

I started wondering that myself in yesterday’s episode

• Like 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, JMO said:

Like so many others, I don't understand why so many characters have decided that the way to handle the SEC accusations is to figure out the identity of the whistleblower.  To what end, exactly? 

Because Nina is the whistleblower. The end. 

That's literally all there is to it. 

I'd like to think that Ned will not go blabbing about it, but he's so eager to please Olivia, that I don't have much faith in him keeping this to himself, especially since Nina let him take the fall with his wife and his "family."

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, JMO said:

While I enjoyed the Lucy/Maxie exchange, did it really come out of nowhere, and lead to nowhere, or was I asleep?  Since they're talking about school systems, which are specific to locations, I can't help but wonder if Maxie is moving away from Port Charles.  

I just figured they meant "schools". Even in an individual school system some schools are better than others, so I figured, with 3 kids, Maxie would want to make sure they were going to "good" schools. 

But your question now has me wondering if this will tie in with Gladys somehow -- like Maxie will discover that the money she thought she had because of Deception will be gone. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

With the Writers' Strike looming, GH has suddenly become marginally interesting,  except for one thing. ZEKE REALLY, REALLY BUGS ME. Not sure why exactly, maybe he reminds me of someone I went to College with and didn't like.

I know he's meant to be eye candy for the ladies, but if my daughter brought this smarmy, smirky, not-nearly-as handsome-as he-thnks-he is poser home, she'd get a single response from me, "you're not serious, are you? Stay off Tinder."

ETA - If they wanted a romantic partner for Jordan, Dr. Maddox would have been so much better, plus FWIW, he's cooler and more handsome than Zeke, but guess I'm probably not qualified to say, LOL.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:
2 hours ago, JMO said:

Like so many others, I don't understand why so many characters have decided that the way to handle the SEC accusations is to figure out the identity of the whistleblower.  To what end, exactly? 

Because Nina is the whistleblower. The end. 

Seriously.  This is all so stupid.  The entire town running around clutching their pearls not at the people who committed the crime (though at least Ned remembers that fact), but the person who reported it.  If the situation was reversed, and Michael or Willow or any of the Carlys found out Nina committed a crime?  They'd immediately report it and have a party over how great they were.  Hell, they previously INVENTED charges against her, but that's different for reasons.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

the look on Carly's face when Joss is like "JUST SCREW SONNY" was great. and honestly this is the LW stufff i like no righteous bitch face, no snorts or whatever. just.. pure acting. she looks horrified/disgusted/sad all at the same time at her daughter. 

That was a good scene and I liked that Carly was clearly pissed at Joss and didn't placate her with a hug and an "I love you."  Let that little snot stew for a bit.  Also, what the fuck, now Dex is just waltzing into Carly's house? 

• Like 8

Joss grew up in the mob. She's had Sonny in her life the majority of it. She should be smarter than this to know Sonny being in jail would mean someone will need to fill the gap. 

The scenes were good though between them both. 

There's no way out for them? All Dex has to do is ask. Lol 

Zeke is a lawyer? Drew's lawyer? 

Drew rather leave his young child so Carly can be in her grown adults lives? What a father. 

Thank you Ned for pointing out Drew and Carly are guilty and everyone forgets that. 

Shut up Olivia why should Ned have to do anything to help Drew and Michael. Ned was right by saying damage is done. He doesn't need to do anything for Drew. Who is trying to dig dirt on Ned. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Joss grew up in the mob. She's had Sonny in her life the majority of it. She should be smarter than this

Every day it becomes more and more clear why she was wait-listed at Southern Plot Point University.

• LOL 15

Michael: WILEY AND AMELIA NEED THEIR GRANDMOTHER. 
Soo....NIna is being excluded, why?

Carly basically explains what happens two years ago - and Michael doesn't "see it that way?" dumbass is dumb. Also. I am sorry. LW is bringing it and all Chad can do is smell the fart acting? come on. At least find a different facial expression

you know.. as much as I hate Carly, for the most part she was never really stupid or out right dumb. How on earth does she have two dumb children who can never see the forest for the trees?

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

you know.. as much as I hate Carly, for the most part she was never really stupid or out right dumb. How on earth does she have two dumb children who can never see the forest for the trees?

Privilege/money, plus being spoiled rotten and constantly shielded from consequences.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Okay... I do hate Olivia - but ... in this case I do get what she's saying but it depends on WHAT she said/how she did it. Ned should be the bigger person (because being snitty all the time doens't help anyone), and those two bozos aren't worth it - and ned does't need to win every argument.  so let them whinge about nothing because clearly they are too stupid to realize anythingreally. 

The impression I got was that Ned should be the bigger person because he screwed Drew and Michael over on the ELQ/Aurora merger. Olivia still doesn't get it.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

but i also love "scout can grow up with her dad, and donna can grow up with her mom." - by making sure Donna can't grow up without her dad.

Donna and Avery both.

Who should pay for Carly and Drew's crime? Sonny, the guy who had nothing at all to do with it, and who recognized insider trading right away, unlike the brain trust of Carly, Drew and Michael.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The impression I got was that Ned should be the bigger person because he screwed Drew and Michael over on the ELQ/Aurora merger. Olivia still doesn't get it.

yeah i watched it. I'm with you (I am so easily swayed LOL) (but again small point to Olivia, I do get the whole just be  bigger person bit). 

Watching yesterday's episode, Willow basically saying "Yeah Harmony had her faults, but Nina is a train wreck, so glad, she didn't raise me." is so freaking obtuse. Nina is a trainwreck because she lost 20 years of her life, couldn't have kids and YOU WERE STOLEN FROM HER, YOU MORON. I'm pretty sure you'd be a train wreck too. 

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who should pay for Carly and Drew's crime? Sonny, the guy who had nothing at all to do with it, and who recognized insider trading right away, unlike the brain trust of Carly, Drew and Michael.

even though it is a tiny bit self-serving I am glad that Carly is shutting ALL of it down. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

It's because they are entitled as hell and being purposely obtuse because of that entitlement. Maybe they should blame their mother for bringing them up into that lifestyle. They think they're out of that life but they're not. Carly didn't even make a clean break, she is living in the mob house.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Watching yesterday's episode, Willow basically saying "Yeah Harmony had her faults, but Nina is a train wreck, so glad, she didn't raise me." is so freaking obtuse. Nina is a trainwreck because she lost 20 years of her life, couldn't have kids and YOU WERE STOLEN FROM HER, YOU MORON. I'm pretty sure you'd be a train wreck too. 

There's no self-awareness at all. Nina behaves the way she does because everything was taken from her, including the life she might have had with her kids. She's literally the poster child for money doesn't buy you happiness. 

Meanwhile, Harmony's list of crimes is as long as my arm. This woman should be sitting in a prison cell for the rest of her life for two murders. Instead, she's dead, so let's glorify her no good ass.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's because they are entitled as hell and being purposely obtuse because of that entitlement.

I'm reminded again of Succession, which just ended its run. The four adult children all had had a horrible father (and the three youngest had had a mother who was no prize either). They tried to bulldoze, outmaneuver, manipulate, and claw their way to the top as the old man had done—and they were starting from a position of wealth and privilege he had not had—but they just didn't have his touch. So, they got the worst of both worlds: a bad role model who made sure they were ineffectual. 

• Applause 4

‘Sonny ruined our lives!’ And how exactly did he do that Joss? Are you now  living in poverty? Forced to mop floors at Kelly’s just to pay the rent on a flop house because mommy can’t afford your tuition anymore? 

look, I get that she believes Sonny did wrong by her mother. I would also be seriously pissed on my moms behalf if her husband took up with another woman for months while letting me think he was dead. And then when he finally came home, he absolutely refused to do the one thing his family asked of him: kill Nina. I mean, really, how dare he? (Okay so the last part is sarcasm). But he hasn’t ruined ANYONE’S life, certainly not yours or your family’s.  You’re still living in a mansion. Your brother is still CEO of Aurora. Your mother has a new lapdog/boyfriend. So please, for the love of Dog, STFU!

And wtf Was Elizabeth wearing when she got to the metro court? She is so incredibly tiny and her shoulder blades could cut steel. That dress was all kinds of wrong for her.

I guess the floating rib shut down? I would much rather see them have a girls night out there than at the MC.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ljr said:

Why isnt joss worried about school? Why isnt she playing volleyball? She just talks about sonny and sleeps with dex.

It's not like Eden has a lot of dialogue to remember is it?  Does she even need a script? Just show up, hit your mark, and say pretty much the same thing you said yesterday. Nice work if you can get it.

• LOL 6
47 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I guess the floating rib shut down? I would much rather see them have a girls night out there than at the MC.

Julian put a bomb in it on Cyrus's orders. That's what killed Lulu's 5 minute boyfriend and sent her into a coma. It also killed the dearly departed and unlamented Dev. Although I'll take him over Dex any day of the week.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I think because some of my fav years were the  early 2010's, I just loved Samtrick, and then I loved Billy Miller's Drew.  I loved him with LIz, and I loved how he and Sam then reconnected.  Those were prime years for me, and I understand most people's prime years are much earlier than that, like decades ago. 

Anyway, calling this CLOWN Drew is killing me.  Now Drew is going to dump his freaking daughter with SAM, go to prison, to protect his stupid gf over something he told her not to do.  This is so disgusting to me.  Like, I can't watch.   

• Like 11

honestly I was with @CeChase - Drew was so fast to be all "Meh my relationship with my daughter is different, so it is okay if i go to jail for my girlfriend who would dump my ass if my twin brother came back to town." is pathetic. 

• Like 9
On 6/4/2023 at 4:25 AM, statsgirl said:

From what I can read, in the US, people can be convicted for a crime that they don't remember committing (not necessarily so in other countries).

But I'm not looking forward to this storyline of Esme, manipulated by her psychopath father to break up Nik and Ava, going on trial and losing custody of her son to Spencer who should not have custody of a fishtank much less a baby. If it were Grandma Laura and Great Uncle Ryan or even Great Aunt Alexis, that would be a different story  but Esme is a good mother (so far). I'm thinking that being in jail with Esme would be better for Ace than custody given to entitled, former felon, slacker* Spencer.

*Now that he's out jail, what exactly does Spencer do with his life? He doesn't work with all his trust fund money and he's not going to PCU.

Insanity defense almost never work on the real world.  With GH writers. Reality is meaningless, as they are intellectually stunted, relatively bankrupt ignoramuses.

which is why we have to endure so many bad, awful storylines.

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. Sam dumps Scout with the Qs, so nothing will change for the kid.

That's probably why she wants the birds to sing along with her harmonica playing. If anyone has the right to feel a bit like Cinderella, it's Scout. 

• Like 6
On 6/5/2023 at 12:06 PM, ffwbe said:

Lol why is Michael acting like Carly will get a life sentence for insider trading? She would most likely get a short sentence in a minimum security prison if not just probation or house arrest. 

True.  Carly just made a crooked stock purchase.  She shouldn’t be in that much trouble.  Especially if she pleads.  Drew is in much hotter water in his position at Aurora and a principal stockholder.  So maybe Drew can go away again.  Like Balcki Parrish did in the 80’s.

• Like 2
On 6/5/2023 at 5:08 PM, JMO said:

Can't help but wonder how much Jane Elliot contributes to Tracy's dialogue.  It's so much better than the rest that it can't be from the same writers.

I wouldn't mind a full episode narrated by Tracy. 

That’s an interesting concept.  And a welcome idea.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I like LW but hate Carly.  LW was really good the past two days dealing with dumb and dumber.  Carly said  something to Joss about her (Joss) being like Carly when she first came to town.  Joss is and will neve be young Carly (Sara Brown FOREVA!!!!!)))

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So, I’m about to watch today’s episode, but when I pull it up, this is the preview image:

Bet Willow is up and around, hosting a 4th of July party, as if nothing ever happened.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

After Willow is inevitably in remission, I don’t know what’s left for the character. She really has no purpose now. 

There really isn't.  Unless the show has her pivot and give Nina a chance*, thus putting her at odds with her husband and ~chosen family, where does she go from there?

*Which won't happen...unless they resurrect Julian and again make him the town's pariah.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wait, now Carly needs to know if Dex is trustworthy? 

lmao 'screwing my daughter whatever, be shady, protecting my ex husband, you better be pristine as the  purely fallen snow  boy. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7

So is Ned going to wake up with a memory wipe?

Regardless, the writers are doing everything to stack the odds against Nina.

Tracy: Drew attacked Ned.

I love Tracy, but wouldn't there be cameras at the pool? But if Drew made her his enemy with his milktoast threats, then go for the jugular, Tracy!

Chase and BLQ have zero in common.

The less comments on Carly/Michael and Joss/Dex, the better. But Carly asking Michael if Dex can be trusted when he has been banging her daughter for months with her full knowledge of it . . . is extra.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

and as predicted, Ned was way too eager to tell Drew about Nina, so I know i should feel sorry for you falling into the pool, but I don't. 

Again Drew sucks for blackmailing anyone instead of just asking his family to pull strings ANYWAY. 

Also what sucks that no one decided to you know, comfort Tracy that her son is maybe dying. (but I didn't see Tracy blaming it on Drew coming LOL)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MollyMelrose said:

So ... we really weren't supposed to laugh when Ned face-planted into the pool?

Or cheer when Tracy turned the screws on big dumb Drewfus?

i might have done my best Tracy laugh

[but i also seee how they are planning to get rid of her this time. so it makes me sad]

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So is Ned going to wake up with a memory wipe?

I'm thinking we're heading for a coma since we havent' had one of those in a hot minute and we already have Esme filling the amnesia spot.  

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But if Drew made her his enemy with his milktoast threats,

What an odd conversation that was:  "Yeah, I'm here to blackmail you".  And then manages to jump from BLQ returning to Deception to Tracy sent her back to corporate espionage.  Huh?  

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Ned was way too eager to tell Drew about Nina,

I don't know, I see his point.  Ned needs to exonerate himself, especially to Drew who already punched him in the face, so the first thing he's going to do is out Nina. 

8 minutes ago, MollyMelrose said:

Or cheer when Tracy turned the screws on big dumb Drewfus?

I laughed out loud and gave Tracy the win for today.  Also, the incredibly stupid look on Drews face made me laugh.  Cam Math does not do a good job with that.  It looked like he was trying to divide 908880 by 78 in his head.  

Ned would have been fine if that darn pool wasn't just a foot deep.  Olivia needs to be sued for that!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
On 6/6/2023 at 7:24 AM, Fellaway said:

I agree, but what if? With all the talk of Oscar, her first dead boyfriend... Maybe she's gonna get a history like Michael's, with most of his partners dying. (Why not Willow, Fates? Why not Willow?) Cameron may be lucky to have gotten loose of her, in more ways than one.

Truth to tell, though, much as I find Dex yawnable, I'm not up for the Joss drama that would follow, she's already so full of herself as it is. "No one's ever loved like I have! No one's ever suffered..."

She's so self-centered, I wonder if it's ever occurred to her that Dex might have a lost love in his past. That would really frost her cookies.

Cam dodged a bullet there.  On so many levels.

• Like 3
  • Love 4