Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I think Portia has been celibate for two years or so while pining for that jackass Curtis, so it makes sense to me that she jumped on that action.  She's had enough and is washing the jackass right out of her hair!  I say good for her!

Willow continues to be the single most repulsive character on the show, and I want you to think about her competition for that title.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

How is it that Carly is always outside Willow's room and making sure she gets taken care of most of the time we see her, she's at home or at the Metro Court of somewhere else plotting. 

Since we never got the name of who was outside, until I see otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that the nurse was talking about Nina. 

But in what hospital do the visitors make sure the people in isolation get their meds? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, rur said:

But in what hospital do the visitors make sure the people in isolation get their meds? 

I can totally see any of the Carlys haranguing the poor nursing staff to get Willow her meds the second they're scheduled. In all seriousness, it's good to have an advocate, but someone in isolation will likely be monitored more closely that someone in a standard bed. So it's just another example of the Carlys entitlement.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So it's just another example of the Carlys entitlement.

The writers want us to think that this is an example of Carly's caring. Nothing spells C-A-R-I-N-G like an overbearing, over the top SheBeast.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Iona herself returned to Port Charles after realizing that long ago she had hidden plates for an old counterfeiting machine within the castle. She broke into the house, stole back the counterfeiting plates and, unable to resist temptation, began printing phony five dollar bills in Katherine's home.

$5 bills?  Really penny ante stuff in 2023.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Willow's nurse looked really familiar to me. I was hoping we'd see her outside the room with her mask off.  (ETA: https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Diol)

That explains why she's so familiar. And why she was so good.

I assume that all this "give Nina a chance" stuff was to make it even worse when Willow learns that it was Nina who called the SEC.

Still hoping against experience that the original SEC call was by someone else, preferable someonen who lost a lot of money when the Aurora stocks crashed.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Willow continues to be the single most repulsive character on the show, and I want you to think about her competition for that title.  

I have to really commend the show on that truly. I mean the woman is dying and and I am rooting for something to happen. rejection, a blood clot, an anvil on her head. i'm not picky. i can't think of another heath crisis storyline where I am actively rooting for the sick chick to croak.

what happened today in particular?

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I assume that all this "give Nina a chance" stuff was to make it even worse when Willow learns that it was Nina who called the SEC.

Well you know, Harmony had her faults (sex trafficking, murder, aiding and abetting . . .) and Nina is a trainwreck, so you know . . .

In the preview for tomorrow, Martin tells Nina that the SEC is leaning hard into him to reveal his source.

Good stuff.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 2

With the writers’ strike, I’m wondering if we’ll see more wordless sex scenes.

The gorgeous actors looked super uncomfortable and it lacked sexy.

Will the waiter pawn the ring or propose to his GF? Inquiring minds want to know.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Of course it is. 😞

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, rur said:

Thanks for the clarification: I remembered all the names from the pre-Casey era, but not one bit of the plots! I guess the ridiculousness of the alien story made me forget everything that came before. 

Casey the Alien was a totally loopy storyline but the actors, especially Kimberly McCullough as Robin, managed to win over initially skeptical viewers

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

In the preview for tomorrow, Martin tells Nina that the SEC is leaning hard into him to reveal his source.

Who cares who reported it? Either it's true or it isn't. That's the only question that matters.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who cares who reported it? Either it's true or it isn't. That's the only question that matters.

Sure. Unless you write for GH and your writing is completely unbalanced and skewed toward the Carlys, in which case of course the SEC wants to know the identity of Martin's source.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did any of the writers bother to look at the SEC webpage about reporting to them? https://www.sec.gov/complaint/awards-protections.

According to the site, someone can report violations anonymously:

"Please note that if you choose to submit your information anonymously under the whistleblower program, i.e., without providing your identity or contact information, and you wish to be eligible for a whistleblower award, you must be represented by, and provide contact information for, an attorney in connection with your submission."

Sounds like what Nina did. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 6

I am SHOCKED that they didn't have Day Nurse step outside Willow's room where Evil Nina handed her an envelope of cash.

What on earth was that Austin Powers music while Jordan got her groove back. 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Still hoping against experience that the original SEC call was by someone else, preferable someonen who lost a lot of money when the Aurora stocks crashed.

I hope the show throws me a bone and has Adam Chandler as the original complainant. He's smart enough to connect the dots and screwing over Carly on behalf of Skye is a sweet, sweet bonus. 

• Love 6
Just now, Mirabelle said:

I hope the show throws me a bone and has Adam Chandler as the original complainant. He's smart enough to connect the dots and screwing over Carly on behalf of Skye is a sweet, sweet bonus. 

with David Canary dead, I don't see that happening. :(

• Sad 1
(edited)

Wow at who ever wrote that line about Harmony having faults but Nina being a trainwreck. 

Harmony had faults? That's one way of putting it. 

Nina needs to be done with her so called child.  

Laura left Jordan in charge? There's commissioner/deputy mayor a position?

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 8
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Wow at who ever wrote that line about Harmony having faults but Nina being a trainwreck. 

Harmony had faults? That's one way of putting it. 

Nina needs to be done with her so called child.  

Willow is absolutely vile. 

And, oh look, even when Carly isn't on she gets a tongue bath at how she's basically Willow's biggest protector/fan/de facto mother.  Fucking spare me. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 9
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Laura left Jordan in charge? There's commissioner/deputy mayor a position?

Oh why couldn't Laura have "promoted" Jordan to Deputy Mayor and promoting anyone else to be police commisioner.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can totally see any of the Carlys haranguing the poor nursing staff to get Willow her meds the second they're scheduled.

Of course, Carly probably wouldn't say "thank you" at the end like Shirley MacLaine does.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Me: I guess that makes me a really old child?

Same reaction. I don’t have children, so I guess I’m never growing up. Ice cream for dinner, please!

12 hours ago, Desperado said:

With the writers’ strike, I’m wondering if we’ll see more wordless sex scenes.

Absolutely. No scripting necessary.

I was puzzled by the random/ unnecessary Jox montage until I remembered that this was exactly the kind of stretttccchhing the show used to get through the last writer’s strike. So buckle up and get ready for a look back at the epic romance between Carly and Drew (complete with swirling aerial beach shots) and an extended recap of the undying love between Willow and Eeyore. If anything should make both sides rush to the table and end the strike, it’s this. 

I’m still puzzled by the overly long conversation between Willow and random Nurse, however. It seems like a time filler (/soul killer), but the lines were obviously scripted, so what’s the deal? Other than to bore the hell out of me?

I have to give Laura Wright props for her acting in the scene with Eeyore and the flash drive, though. Chad was doing his usual furrowed brow acting, but Laura was bringing it. Bonus points for acting against a piece of constipated wood. That must be hard.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

So Jordan not only carries her old engagement ring around in her purse, but then throws it in a glass like it’s trash? Is she independently wealthy that she doesn’t need the couple grand that rock could fetch if she sold it?  I mean,was she hoping that after one roll in the bay, Curtis would propose again and put the ring on her finger? 

also, Zelenskyy is hot but she is SO going to regret telling him she kissed Curtis. Because Mr. ‘I value honesty above all else’ will turn on her so fast she won’t know what hit her. He’ll accuse her of purposely trying to ruin his marriage because he rejected her. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Your auto-correct is really acting up.

OMG! How does autocorrect get that from Zeke? I mean, Zelenskyy IS hot. But last time I looked he was a little busy in Ukraine and not shtupping Jordan on GH 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
19 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

So Jordan will be Police Commissioner AND Deputy Mayor?  PC is in so much trouble.

LOL are both positions part time?  

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't there some sort of pain medication they can give Willow? Do we have to also watch her be a martyr for that? Ugh. And wow, Willow can give sex trafficker Harmony a pass, but big mean Nina gets no quarter whatsoever. Suck it, Willow.

i was wondering why Willow had to be telling someone else all about her issues with Nina.  Then the day player nurse seemed to quote the arguments seen here - why can you forgive Harmony but not Nina? 

18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jordan will be both commish and deputy mayor. Jordan was saying how she had no time for anything in her life. Cumulating two jobs should help that.

And I'm not against her having a romantic life, but I'm against her having a relationship with Portia's brother. That's no where near enough degrees of separation. 

Drew and Curtis scenes were all kinds of levels of disgusting. High five! Trina is your kid. High five! Trina is a wonderful young woman! No thanks to Curtis, fool! Those two are ultra stupid and their scenes were ultra painful to get through. 

I wondering who they could pair her with, as it would be nice for her to have someone other than Curtis.  

I flipped too when Curtis and Drew went on about his new daughter - hello, Taggart already raised her.  

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Same reaction. I don’t have children, so I guess I’m never growing up. Ice cream for dinner, please!

They idolize motherhood on soaps.  And they overlooked that Maxie first became a mother to a child that the father took and raised in a different city.  And didn't she at first try to pass off that baby as the one she was supposedly carrying for Dante and Lulu?  

Does Lucy even have any children that she raised?  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

also, Zelenskyy is hot but she is SO going to regret telling him she kissed Curtis. Because Mr. ‘I value honesty above all else’ will turn on her so fast she won’t know what hit her. He’ll accuse her of purposely trying to ruin his marriage because he rejected her. 

Firstly, the Zelensky thing cracked me up.  And yeah, you are totally right, this is exactly what Curtis will do!

• Like 2

They saddled Maxie with 3 pointless kids that are rarely seen. Georgie was living with Spinelli and Ellie in Seattle for years, they gave her a kid with dead Nathan for no reason and Bailey was promptly forgotten about after the baby switch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I flipped too when Curtis and Drew went on about his new daughter - hello, Taggart already raised her.  

This show doesn't give a shit about the non-biological parents, unless it's Harmony. She's okay.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Bailey was promptly forgotten about after the baby switch. 

It legit took me almost 10 minutes to figure out who her third kid was! I kept yelling at the TV, ‘she only has two!’ And then I suddenly remembered her kid with LWB/FS

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I just found it really dismissive of Trina’s feelings about the situation. She’s clearly close to Taggart and isn’t happy about the news, but yeah let’s celebrate.  While I don’t agree with Portia hiding things, Curtis doesn’t seem to care all that much about Trina’s feelings while we saw Taggart try to hold it together to not further upset Trina when he found out the news because he does put her first. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

It legit took me almost 10 minutes to figure out who her third kid was! I kept yelling at the TV, ‘she only has two!’ And then I suddenly remembered her kid with LWB/FS

Same!  I didn't even realize who the third kid was until I came here. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I just found it really dismissive of Trina’s feelings about the situation. She’s clearly close to Taggart and isn’t happy about the news, but yeah let’s celebrate.  While I don’t agree with Portia hiding things, Curtis doesn’t seem to care all that much about Trina’s feelings while we saw Taggart try to hold it together to not further upset Trina when he found out the news because he does put her first. 

They couldn't write Curtis more douchier if they tried.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

What on earth was that Austin Powers music while Jordan got her groove back. 🤣

I liked the music. It was fun and sexy, instead of schmoopy.

40 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

This show doesn't give a shit about the non-biological parents, unless it's Harmony. She's okay.

Or Sonny, most of the time.

1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

Curtis just wants something to point to and say, "Mine." 

SAG authorized a strike if the union doesn't reach an agreement by June 30, which will certainly make things interesting if the writers are still on strike.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

SAG authorized a strike if the union doesn't reach an agreement by June 30, which will certainly make things interesting if the writers are still on strike.

I could be wrong but I read that it wouldn’t affect actors working on daytime projects because they are working under a different deal that was renewed only last year. It would be a mess for PT and streaming shows though. Even already written shows and movies couldn’t be taped so that would completely halt production. 

• Useful 3
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't there some sort of pain medication they can give Willow? Do we have to also watch her be a martyr for that?

I had been wondering the same thing, so I did some researching. I didn't get a direct answer to my question, though. However, I learned quite a bit about bone marrow transfer. (Not that I'm saying the writers looked up any facts before writing any Suffering Willow scenes). 

It's totally possible that pain medications aren't given because of the need to monitor exactly what's happening to the patient. The actual transplant of the bone marrow is more like the middle of the process. An actual patient would be in the hospital for several weeks while the doctors wait to see if the procedure worked and make sure none of the possible complications, including organ damage occur. 

With the strike, we may inadvertently end up with Willow in the hospital for an appropriate amount of time. Otherwise, I'd be asking for the over-under on her going home to a totally normal life within the week. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, rur said:

With the strike, we may inadvertently end up with Willow in the hospital for an appropriate amount of time. Otherwise, I'd be asking for the over-under on her going home to a totally normal life within the week. 

I think they’ve dragged out this cancer SL for as long as they have because they don’t know what to do with Willow afterwards. She was told she had 2 weeks left back in January and it’s now June and they kept dragging out everything with the donor. Once she’s done with this, she really has nothing left except to be Michael’s plus one and mommy of the year because they write her like an appendage. I mean, I’m sure they’ll have her go off on Nina once again once it comes out that she gave up Carly but that doesn’t exactly pack a punch when she’s already vocally anti-Nina. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

They couldn't write Curtis more douchier if they tried.

They couldn't write Curtis Drew more douchier if they tried.

Both, actually.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

We're four minutes in, and already I'm screaming WTF:

Since when is Elizabeth Portia's best friend?!

Today with the Jordan/Zeke sex we got sultry music, boo.

Ned didn't make it easy for Olivia to believe him about the SEC? How many more times could he say he didn't do it? What else could he have done?

I sure hope Drew's plan blows up in his face in the most spectacular manner possible. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Today is part 2 of the ungrateful dumb children and Carly being the voice of reason (in the context of GH making a mob boss a hero for the past +20yrs, not something I would advocate for in real life).

From the way LW acted the scenes, I hope I saw in Carly’s eyes the realization that she created absolute entitled monsters who would still be fine with Sonny the criminal if he had remained married to their mom, AND she works to make things right. Then I could go back to liking the character. 

Has GH lost all the old footage because now’s a great time for flashbacks to former Head Nurses and Liz’ medical family.

Finally a mention that Carly and Drew are guilty. Shut up, Olivia.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

I haven’t watched in a few days but AVA is the reason Morgan is dead. Sonny and his organization had absolutely nothing to do with Morgan’s death. Nothing at all. If Ava hadn’t switched Morgan’s meds, he likely wouldn’t have been in a downward spiral and wouldn’t have stolen a car. That car had a bomb in it but that was NOT Sonny’s doing. That was all the Jeromes. Have they changed Josslyn’s anger toward Ava or has the show forgotten their own story?!?!? Probably the latter! 

I wish Carly had completely obliterated that FD. She’s had a couple of interesting days learning her kids are vindictive, disloyal, petty morons!! 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I haven’t watched in a few days but AVA is the reason Morgan is dead. Sonny and his organization had absolutely nothing to do with Morgan’s death. Nothing at all. If Ava hadn’t switched Morgan’s meds, he likely wouldn’t have been in a downward spiral and wouldn’t have stolen a car. That car had a bomb in it but that was NOT Sonny’s doing. That was all the Jeromes. Have they changed Josslyn’s anger toward Ava or has the show forgotten their own story?!?!? Probably the latter! 

I wish Carly had completely obliterated that FD. She’s had a couple of interesting days learning her kids are vindictive, disloyal, petty morons!! 

But it very easily could have been Sonny's fault that Morgan died. He did have a hit out on Julian that he was able to call off in the nick of time. He got lucky again that Olivia Jerome just so happened to be the one that orchestrated the car bomb at the same time. That was another win for Sonny, and I hated it at the time.

But like a lot of other people now, I'm definitely team Sonny against Joss and Michael. They're the worst!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Drew and Curtis high-giving about Trina was disgusting. It was like two frat bros cheering because one of them got another notch on his bedpost. Just disgusting. What about Trina’s feelings? What about Taggert’s feelings? 

I did appreciate Carly’s disgust and horror at Joss’s lies and bloodlust for Sonny. If there were good writers focused on more than just propping the Carlys, we would see some real introspection on Carly’s part over how her daughter ended up making such shitty choices. 

Was Nurse Clara just a chemo-fueled dream? That was totally inappropriate. After Willow is inevitably in remission, I don’t know what’s left for the character. She really has no purpose now. 

• Like 9
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when is Elizabeth Portia's best friend?!

I said that when Elizabeth was going to the Portia/Curtis wedding rehearsal(?) dinner. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Joss wasn’t even trying to hide that she wanted Carly to flip on Sonny more for Dex than her own mother. Too bad for Joss that Michael already told Carly that Dex was working for him. Also, they made it obvious, to me anyway, that a shift is about to happen where Dex doesn’t really want out of the mob to get around the fact that Sonny will let him quit if he asked.

It’s because Dex/Joss have nothing else going on outside of Sonny and how can they pretend to be some us against the world couple without the manufactured angst Sonny provides them? No one cares that they’re together. Even Spencer had to fall in line the other day. Whatever would they talk about if Dex leaves Sonny to go work in a restaurant? 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3

On one hand, I'm really hoping that we're not going to get some twisted "Gift of the Magi" story where Carly and Drew both turn themselves in to save the other because that was what the anvils falling around around me seemed to be telegraphing today.

On the other hand, if it results in both of those idiots going to jail. I'm all for it. Every time they talk as if they're innocent and being persecuted, I get angrier.  

We now know that Nina's secret is out, so it'd be nice if some actual wrongdoers got punished, too. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3