Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Drew and Olivia, two fucking outliers as far as Quartermaines are concerned, acting like their the heads of the family with the "you can leave, Tracy" and "I should kick Ned to the curb" of it all.  You both suck.  A lot. 

Joss reminds me of the way my niece used to act when she was 14 and thought she knew best about everything.  Luckily she grew out of it.  Joss is still stuck there.

Diane is such a bitch.  That's all.

Lastly, god forbid this show pays Cassandra James for an episode when Willow's oncologist should at least make an appearance.  But, no, let's have TJ, the world's hardest working first year resident, be Willow's primary. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Yeah I’m not remotely ok with people like Drew and Olivia giving Tracy crap 

I will accept Ned and Brook giving her a hard time because she's immediate family and has always been in their lives in one way or another.

I take particular offense at Drew participating in the Tracy-baiting since he hasn't even known her for that long (if you take into consideration his loss of memory, his time being held captive, etc., etc., etc.) 

He and Olivia are still outsiders, IMO, and should STFU. I just hope Brook Lynn is smart enough to be suspicious about why he's grilling her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You know, Diane, you want those big checks to keep coming from Sonny, maybe don't get snarky with his fiancée.

As always, shut up, Olivia. Ugh, she's awful, awful, awful. At this point she could keep her opinions to herself. I wonder if Drew will enlist her help in trying to get something on Tracy. I wouldn't put it past either of them to work together.

There was a lot of mean-spiritedness in today's episode. My heart went out to Nina after Diane's acerbic rebuff. Nina's contrite response of "Well, I've always had trouble making friends," indicated someone who's lonely, filled with self-doubt and getting very used to constant rejection - and Diane punched right her in the gut. Reprehensible.

I too now want Diane as far away from Robert F! Scorpio as possible - she doesn't deserve him.

The Tracy-centric scenes in Casa Q weren't much better. The Qs know Tracey lost the love of her life a year ago, and they want her to go back where he died?  Damn, the writers were taking some Mean pills for this episode.

• Like 19
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I too now want Diane as far away from Robert F! Scorpio as possible - she doesn't deserve him.

She should never have been anywhere near him to start. Was anyone clamoring for a Robert/Diane "romance?"

And today's show was mean spirited. It's a lot of bullying in one episode. 

I wanted to reach in my screen and slap the taste out of Joss's mouth. Between the whole "what is he doing here?" when she saw Sonny, to her lies of omission about Dex, to the smugness when she replied to her equally smug mother that Sonny knows that she doesn't like Nina. 

Like what in the ever loving fuck am I watching. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's particularly horrifying behavior when we know that Tracy is getting up there in age. 

Go back to Amsterdam, Tracy. Go die some place that's not your home. Go die alone, far away from your family.

Drew and Olivia are hateful assholes, but honestly, Ned and BLQ can show a little more empathy.

and it wasn't even the first time he said that. - the day before he was like "Why are you even here? Luke died last year." and It's sort of like when Bobbie & Carly were bad mouthing  Nina and maxie just sat there and did weak smiles/protests. it's pathetic.

and what is more frustrating is-we saw it. Ned is bending backwards to help Drew and if Drew were to just ask Tracy, Tracy would give him grief and then pick up the phone. 

• Like 10
21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and what is more frustrating is-we saw it. Ned is bending backwards to help Drew and if Drew were to just ask Tracy, Tracy would give him grief and then pick up the phone. 

The only thing Drew deserves is a jail cell in a bottomless pit.

Hey Drew, if you want to partake in insider trading with no consequences, run for office, dickhead.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14

I love the friendship between Robert and Anna more than I like any of the romances on the show, or even all of them combined.  I don't need glitz and glam.  I need deep, meaningful, mutual and perpetual. 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

I have no idea how Nina is going to make Drew think that Carly's going to flip on him, but this is the best plan I've heard in a long time.  though, I'm sure it will blow up in her face.

Even presented with a plausible, yet equally wrong, alternative, Carly is still obsessed with blaming Ned.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Hey Drew, if you want to partake in insider trading with no consequences, run for office, dickhead.

For real.  If I have to hear him whine one more time about the *injustice* of being held accountable for a crime HE committed, I'm going to lose it.  It's like he doesn't understand that he is a criminal now.  Like, cognitively, he's not getting it.

• Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Let me guess...Drew and Carly don't know that blackmail is also illegal? 

Not when they do it. 🙄

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Daisy said:

and then in your same breath "of Nina hated me until she realized we were related" so are we retconning the last 3-4 years?  [it''s harder to double check things now since ABC/Disney is doing a major purge of soap content on YT]  but CW's Nina never hated Willow. (or despised her). So where the hell is that coming from? and truthfully Nina insta-loving Willow (and not really knowing her as a person) really feels the same to me as someone giving birth and insta-loving your baby. You don't KNOW your baby, but you have that mama bear protect vibe going on. So i feel the whole drum beating of Nina not seeing Willow as her own person, but just as "THE KIDNAPPED BABY", Willow is refusing to see Nina as "THE PERSON WHO MOURNED ME FOR 20++ years" you just don't get over that.

Which is weird because the very SECOND  Michael found out Wiley was his, he ripped that kid out of the only home he'd ever known. A really interesting beat would have been Michael realizing that what happened to him also happened to Nina ( being told your child was dead and missing out on raising that child).

But, CD can't play nuance and the show won't have Carly's kids entertain a single thought that isn't Carly-approved.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Which is weird because the very SECOND  Michael found out Wiley was his, he ripped that kid out of the only home he'd ever known. A really interesting beat would have been Michael realizing that what happened to him also happened to Nina ( being told your child was dead and missing out on raising that child).

That calls for self-awareness, compassion, empathy, understanding. These are qualities none of the Carlys possess. 

If Michael had had an ounce of that, he wouldn't have torn Wylie from Lucas the way he did.

The Carlys are monsters, every last one of them. Absolutely heartless.

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

For real.  If I have to hear him whine one more time about the *injustice* of being held accountable for a crime HE committed, I'm going to lose it.  It's like he doesn't understand that he is a criminal now.  Like, cognitively, he's not getting it.

Someone should sit with him and show him with blocks and coloring books exactly what he did. 

He's such a dumbass. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

They always say "it's different". Brad flat out clapped Carly with the truth of what she did to Nina the first time and how they are treating Now is exactly how they treated AJ and they it would be a detriment to Wiley if they didn't just come together and just do what was best for the kid vs. them trying to "Beat" Nina and Carly took so much offence to that and bleated "it's different"

just like when Michael found out that Carly again hid the truth from Nina again about life altering information, after the 2 seconds he was mad that Carly didn't say anything, he flat out stated that had Harmony told him he would have kept quiet too, because why does Nina deserve to know anything. 

that's why it's so curious why Monica is not around (like even a temp Monica) because It would be nice to have Monica clap him hard with some truths about being deleted from your family's life. and noo, it's not "all well that ends well" because Michael decided to leech off the family when he turned 18. (He doesn't even call Monica grandma). but it's always different. for them

• Like 4
  • Applause 7

How much longer does GH have before they have to go into reruns? The strike has been about a month now right? 

I think I have just about had it with these dumb storylines. I can take a certain amount of crazy soap stories....multiple marriages, return from dead, scheming, lying, cheating etc (wasn't into aliens or devils so I guess bad writing has been around awhile) but I can't take boring repetitive writing in storylines that don't go anywhere. The only reason it seems I am hanging on is for the giant cute baby. I was away all week and didn't miss watching it and apparently didn't miss a thing. Now with the nice weather it might be time to finally tap out of GH or ease out until the strike ends up pulling the final plug. Certainly no offense to anyone here, this forum  has kept me watching GH longer then they really deserve.

Good luck to all of you with your perserverance, I may check in once and awhile, I don't know.

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

How much longer does GH have before they have to go into reruns? The strike has been about a month now right? 

I think I have just about had it with these dumb storylines. I can take a certain amount of crazy soap stories....multiple marriages, return from dead, scheming, lying, cheating etc (wasn't into aliens or devils so I guess bad writing has been around awhile) but I can't take boring repetitive writing in storylines that don't go anywhere. The only reason it seems I am hanging on is for the giant cute baby. I was away all week and didn't miss watching it and apparently didn't miss a thing. Now with the nice weather it might be time to finally tap out of GH or ease out until the strike ends up pulling the final plug. Certainly no offense to anyone here, this forum  has kept me watching GH longer then they really deserve.

Good luck to all of you with your perserverance, I may check in once and awhile, I don't know.

They seem to usually be a few weeks ahead on taping but I'm not sure  how far ahead they usually are on scripts, so it could be awhile longer

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, Katy M said:

I have no idea how Nina is going to make Drew think that Carly's going to flip on him, but this is the best plan I've heard in a long time.  though, I'm sure it will blow up in her face.

She needs someone close to Drew that he trusts that will be convinced by Nina that Carly will sell out Drew. The only person that qualifies that is Curtis.

Just now, nilyank said:

She needs someone close to Drew that he trusts that will be convinced by Nina that Carly will sell out Drew. The only person that qualifies that is Curtis.

I thought it might be Olivia.  Like she sets it up that Olivia overhears her "confiding" something to Ava.  i hope they don't write her as using Curtis like that.  I love their friendship and always hope for more.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Now with the nice weather it might be time to finally tap out of GH or ease out until the strike ends up pulling the final plug. Certainly no offense to anyone here, this forum has kept me watching GH longer then they really deserve.

Good luck to all of you with your perseverance, I may check in once and awhile, I don't know.

Thanks for that, sincerely. I too took a little GH hiatus after the embarrassingly anti-climatic Greenland saga and caught up on work.

While I empathize with the writers strike, maybe the GH writers can take some time to look at the show's most recent golden era (circa 1978-1985) and see what good soap writing actually looks like.

The repetitiveness and redundancy of this show is really what's killing it. Tune in any given day and we all know what to expect. Almost everyone dumps on Nina, the Town punching bag. Chase and Brooke Lynn have conversation #567 about their relationship. Carly goes on another pious, hypocritical rant with absolutely no self-awareness whatsoever (until recently). Lather, rinse, repeat.

I keep watching GH as a tribute to my mother, it used to be her favorite soap. It used to be so COOL - you never knew what to expect next. Alan trying to crash a roof on Monica and Rick. Luke vs. Frank Smith. On and on.

The action/adventure S/Ls kept this young man (who was just getting hooked on Bond movies) coming back. My mind always goes back to the Aztec Princess S/L - Sean and Felicia (I think), chasing his exotic, mysterious girlfriend (Cruz) across the desert in a Jeep. As a guy, there was no shame whatsoever in watching the "stories" - Luke, Laura, Robert, Sean, Tiffany, Frisco, Anna - they were just so freaking cool, all of them. Even the secondary and tertiary characters, Lee, Gail, Bryan, Claudia and even Amy 1.0 - held your interest.

There's nothing even close to that going on now. These show runners seem to be writing for their own amusement instead of our entertainment. And that sucks.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure we're supposed to find the bullying of Tracy funny and the bullying of Nina well-deserved. Big fat no on both counts from me.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

that's why it's so curious why Monica is not around (like even a temp Monica) because It would be nice to have Monica clap him hard with some truths about being deleted from your family's life. and noo, it's not "all well that ends well" because Michael decided to leech off the family when he turned 18.

Monica has never told Michael the truth about anything. She's too concerned about having a relationship with that dolt. She always meekly takes whatever crumbs are given to her and says nothing. It's gross. Tracy is the only older Q who does any truth-telling, and look how she's treated. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure we're supposed to find the bullying of Tracy funny and the bullying of Nina well-deserved. Big fat no on both counts from me.

Yes, exactly.  Mean-spirited is exactly what it was and I'm not amused in the least.  Those "oh, hey, Tracey, remember when you did this shitty thing" comments only worked when it was Alan, Monica, EDWARD, throwing them.  Sit the fuck down Drew and Olivia, you're barely Qs.

And don't even get me started on how fucking rude Diane was to Nina.  Bet she can't wait to tell Carly all about it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And don't even get me started on how fucking rude Diane was to Nina.  Bet she can't wait to tell Carly all about it. 

Nina's soft, "I'm sorry I really am not good at making friends." broke my heart, because like she's trying. you don't have to be her bosum friend but you can be polite. 

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Monica has never told Michael the truth about anything. She's too concerned about having a relationship with that dolt. She always meekly takes whatever crumbs are given to her and says nothing. It's gross. Tracy is the only older Q who does any truth-telling, and look how she's treated. 

it really is. [and I think that's also a consequence of being deleted & having your entire family murdered pretty much].  well I'll live vicariously through Tracy

• Like 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Nina's soft, "I'm sorry I really am not good at making friends." broke my heart, because like she's trying. you don't have to be her bosum friend but you can be polite. 

A lot of people tend to ignore the fact that Nina spent 20 years in a coma. I'm not saying treat her with kid gloves, but maybe a little empathy and understanding that she might be like this because of those 20 years she missed. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I felt bad for her, too, when she said that, but can also understand how Diane found it off-putting for Nina to be grilling her about her personal relationships or lack thereof.

10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I felt bad for her, too, when she said that, but can also understand how Diane found it off-putting for Nina to be grilling her about her personal relationships or lack thereof.

But I don’t think she was grilling when she made that comment. I think Diane lashed out because of her situation with Robert and Holly and feeling like she’s second choice or the backup option. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I thought Diane was genuinely touched that there was someone close to Sonny who didn't treat her like a piece of furniture.  "Oh, there's Diane, I need blah, blah blah."  Then Diane got all prickly with Nina. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I don’t know how you guys do it. I FFed most of the show yesterday. And I hear what y’all are saying but why would Nina ask Diane about her love life?!? Diane is NOT Nina’s friend. Nina knows that. Or should. I’m not surprised by Diane’s response. I FFed those scenes myself but it’s clear the writers want Nina pathetic, and I’m over it. 

I hate the writing for Nina. Period. She’s pathetic. She’s delusional. They won’t let her accept the reality of her situation and move on. It’s ridiculous. We could be watching a much better, more complex story where Nina has accepted she’ll never have a relationship with Willow and is putting her motherly love and feelings into Sasha. Willow sees that and becomes jealous. Willow wants that connection with her bio mom, which could lead to issues btw her and Michael but no. We get Nina doubling down on an already bad plan under some delusion that Willow will embrace her. It’s frigging pathetic y’all. I can’t watch it. Nina has been AJed, and I’m out. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 4
22 minutes ago, Katy M said:

yeah how Nina phrased the question + Diane feeling kinda out of sorts = a big reaction from Diane. I can see both their sides of it, but Diane's whole "Look bitch we're never gonna be friends," reaction (from basically when she came in) and continuing to snide how she's going to charge Sonny for even dealing with Nina was so not necessary.

55 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

A lot of people tend to ignore the fact that Nina spent 20 years in a coma. I'm not saying treat her with kid gloves, but maybe a little empathy and understanding that she might be like this because of those 20 years she missed. 

agreed. and honestly, a lot of Nina's behaviour makes sense when you realize people have been keeping things from her and treating her like crap (which resulted her into being into a coma in the first place). coming out of it and continually being treated the same way  and when she reacts badly people throw her experiences in her face like "how dare you not adapt." 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Some writers on soaps have gone fi-core, which means they can write even during a strike. And I think the last time there was a WGA (or the time before), they hired non-union writers (and kept the names anonymous) to keep giving the audience new episodes.  Which in its own way made economic sense, given that so many other shows (even daytime) had to air reruns.

Have no idea what will happen this time around.

• Useful 1

I read that the WGA is really cracking down on scabs this time. And it has the backing of the other unions as well. I have a hard time seeing anyone cross the picket line if they ever want to work again.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Katy M said:

Even presented with a plausible, yet equally wrong, alternative, Carly is still obsessed with blaming Ned.

7 hours ago, nilyank said:

If Drew didn't get the message that Carly would turn on him when she actively interfered in his and Sam's marriage when Jason returned, then he is never going to get. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think Donna or Avery should find a whole bunch of incriminating evidence at Sonnys and turn it into the Feds. that would be funny.  OK.  they wouldn't turn it over to the feds, but maybe Mac.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I read that the WGA is really cracking down on scabs this time. And it has the backing of the other unions as well. I have a hard time seeing anyone cross the picket line if they ever want to work again.

Does GH even need writers at this point? Just ask ChatGPT to write the scripts since all storylines are poorly done rehashes anyway. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Ned needs to get some divorce papers and be done with Olivia. "Carly's my best friend" then go live with her. 

Ned doesn't owe her or Drew anything.  Why does he need to prove it to her? She should trust him.  Free Ned. 

Nina really asked Diane if she could sue the hospital for not giving her information on Willow? A patient who doesn't even acknowledge her as her mother is want anything to do with her?

Nina is losing it and I actually do hope that Carly turns on Sonny so Nina sees the can she opened. 

Why are they forcing Diane so much lately?  There is no way she is equal competition for Holly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2023 at 11:53 AM, Katy M said:

I think Carly got Diane in the divorce.

And, that ethical violation is why she told them that she couldn't represent both Carly and Drew.

She shouldn’t be representing either of them.  Since when is Diane an expert in securities law?  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I legit do  not understand what the writers are doing here.  If they wanted this story to be about Nina, YET AGAIN, being "the bad guy" they should have had her frame Carly for something.  But instead they had Carly actually commit the crime but are now acting like "nothing to see here, move along."  

My guess is that Joss will send the recording Dex made of Sonny’s munitions transaction to the feds, to save Carly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 5/24/2023 at 8:16 PM, sunnyface said:

Sad to see Sam not up to the acting challenge as she has been hiding behind the cover of the amazing Dante for quite some time.  KMansi has nice biceps but the color of her nail polish ain't working.

Looks like moss is enjoying the arrival of El Nino.  And that partially decapitated statue in Sonny's living room always ranks a smile. Never noticed Carly's sun room before - new?

Nice to see Ava's mention of Charlie's as Nina steps into the Julian role.

Hopefully during their down time, the writers take some time to resolve some of their mistakes such as the following:

1. Joss and Michael with their inexplicably sudden Sonny hate.   To be sure Sonny is major slime but at least provide a modicum of a scintilla of the event/circumstance in their sudden 180.

2. Why wouldn't Nina be the primary suspect in any adverse action involving Carly?

3. Having a compromised esquire repeat 'mike doesn't own stocks, so he skates' does not make it so.  Micheal Corinthos held an executive level position in a public company despite embracing Sonny Corinthos - the baddest mob boss on the east coast.  The Board of Directors did not have an issue?  Michael's positive relationship with Sonny would never pass any muster during any mandated  3 year audit by the PCAOB especially w/r/t fiduciary certification of an audit or signing a quarterly/annual filing.  Michael has been greatly harmed and compromised in his dealings with the legitimate biz world by his relationship with Sonny - THIS is what should be on my screen [eta - although CD and EM are competent soap actors - the characters need a major reboot].

3. Yep.  SLS should at least be investigated as well.  And preferably charged.  And if he arrogantly runs his mouth, throw some process crimes in as well.  Just like Martha Stewart.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Nina: “What was I thinking, launching an impulsive, ill-considered plan? How can I keep it from coming back to bite me? I know, how about with another impulsive, ill-considered plan?”

Sigh. It’s bad enough that they’ve turned Nina into a gossip and a meddler, do they have to make her stupid, too?

And do they have to make me lose all respect for Ned while they’re at it? Olivia is your wife, Ned. Even if she has private suspicions, she should publicly have your back. And as someone who claims to love you, her first instinct should be to believe you. Stop groveling. Get pissed. Kick her ziti-loving ass to the curb.

If I were only listening to New Stretched Molly, not looking at her, I wouldn’t know there had been a cast change. The vocal tone is so similar, and NSM is really replicating the speech patterns of the original.

Two new Davis girls in one day is a lot, though. I wish there had been a last minute reshuffle with Lexi staying and NuKrissie actress playing the part of Molly instead. She’s a little older, but I think she could have made it work. Or, if they’re going to recast two of them, go all out and replace Sam, too. KM has been checked out for years and it shows.

So, based on the current storylines, GH may leave us with the following cliffhangers: Will Willow survive the transplant? Will Carly and Drew avoid prison? Will Nina’s schemes cost her Sonny? Will Molly ever have kids?* These are the kinds of stories that are sure to have fans breathlessly awaiting the return of the show, and coming back in droves. OR NOT.

*ps, the answer to all of these questions is Yes. Because this is GH, and everything is predictable.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Nina is losing it and I actually do hope that Carly turns on Sonny so Nina sees the can she opened. 

Not directed at you, but I don't get this reasoning. Did Nina turn Carly in out of revenge? Absolutely. But Carly committed a crime and she should be held accountable for it regardless. And Nina knows that the SEC want Sonny, so I think that she is fully aware of the consequences of her actions at this point. Of course, with the lopsided writing, it's Nina's actions that will have the consequences.

The really funny thing about all of this, though, is that the SEC and Michael's vendetta against Sonny are now intersecting. If Sonny is turned in by Joss to save her useless boyfriend, then there goes Carly's get out of jail free card. And Sonny may not be ready to defend against a recording of him moving explosives or whatever he was doing with Pikeman, like he is ready to defend against RICO charges, which he has escaped time and again.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did Nina turn Carly in out of revenge?

And where do the writers/FV send Sonny right after he proposes to marry Nina?  And no, Sonny didn't run to Carly just to tell him that he's chosen to spend the rest of his life with Nina.  Instead he mumbled that he'd spend the rest of his life in prison for Carly.  With Sonny and Carly remaining in the forecast, nothing but rain, clouds, and fog in the forecast for Port Charles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Artsda said:

Nina really asked Diane if she could sue the hospital for not giving her information on Willow? A patient who doesn't even acknowledge her as her mother is want anything to do with her.

It's so stupid. Nina and Willow could be on the best of terms, and Willow is still within her legal rights to restrict who medical information can be told to. She can freeze out Michael should she want to. 

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina knows that the SEC want Sonny

This is a real thing? I thought it was just a rumor/the usual bs about Sonny being so untouchable otherwise. Also, I thought the Pikeman thing was a sekrit government plan that was using Sonny to get to those people.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

And where do the writers/FV send Sonny right after he proposes to marry Nina?  And no, Sonny didn't run to Carly just to tell him that he's chosen to spend the rest of his life with Nina.  Instead he mumbled that he'd spend the rest of his life in prison for Carly.  With Sonny and Carly remaining in the forecast, nothing but rain, clouds, and fog in the forecast for Port Charles.

Remember when Jason broke Carly out of Shadybrook or wherever she was being held by nurse Pat, and left Sam and his kid behind and was willing to spend his life on the run with Carly even though he had just come back from being away for 5 years?

Carly always has men lined up to rescue her worthless ass.

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This is a real thing? I thought it was just a rumor/the usual bs about Sonny being so untouchable otherwise. Also, I thought the Pikeman thing was a sekrit government plan that was using Sonny to get to those people.

I'm assuming it's real. Nina called it a rumor when she told Olivia about it.

And isn't the Pikeman stuff a theory? 

Honestly, it's hard to keep up with the ever changing writing. One day it's one thing, the next day it's a different thing.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming it's real. Nina called it a rumor when she told Olivia about it.

Well we know Sonny's theory that the whatever part of the gov that would be interested in him, tipped off the SEC specifically to get Carly to turn on him is not true.

Whether or not there have been any talks, I'm sure the gov would be more interested in a mob boss. While it's true we have no idea what illegal activities he makes money from, whe do know he occasionally kills people and attracts violence.  ELQ is a fairly closely held corporation. tbh, until this story I didn't even realize they were publicly traded.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Since when is TJ an expert in oncology?

It sucks that the show can't be bothered to pay Cassandra James for this cancer storyline but Terri is still supervising resident TJ and telling him how to treat Willow. Diane on rhe other hand is the head of her firm and making the decisions, although her only legal strategy seems to be bullying the other side.

What is more outrageous in TJ treating Willow is that she is a close friend of his. This would be considered unethical as there are other doctors to do it.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Well we know Sonny's theory that the whatever part of the gov that would be interested in him, tipped off the SEC specifically to get Carly to turn on him is not true.

Sometimes it's hard to separate the narcissism from the facts.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 5/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, Daisy said:

yeah how Nina phrased the question + Diane feeling kinda out of sorts = a big reaction from Diane. I can see both their sides of it, but Diane's whole "Look bitch we're never gonna be friends," reaction (from basically when she came in) and continuing to snide how she's going to charge Sonny for even dealing with Nina was so not necessary.

agreed. and honestly, a lot of Nina's behaviour makes sense when you realize people have been keeping things from her and treating her like crap (which resulted her into being into a coma in the first place). coming out of it and continually being treated the same way  and when she reacts badly people throw her experiences in her face like "how dare you not adapt." 

Nina basically has the maturity of a 30 year old with a lot of baggage.  Given her losing 20 years and all the baggage she has.

• Like 6
On 5/26/2023 at 6:44 PM, Daisy said:

or extortion. 

But if someone turned them in to the cops for any of that Carly and BetaDrew would demand the informant be jailed instead.

On 5/27/2023 at 1:47 PM, Sake614 said:

I’ll cross if I can write the Carly’s as villains who are brutally punished.  Hell, I’ll do that for free.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Since when is TJ an expert in oncology?

The annoying part is when this whole storyline started, they actually had TJ telling Willow he couldn’t be her doctor because this wasn’t his specialty, and he couldn’t treat his friend. So at first he was just there for moral support. But as the person she kept turning to, he eventually somehow became her doctor. Except he’s not… but he is? I guess it’s a way to keep TJ on the canvas, but make up your mind, Show.

• Like 5