Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DanaK said:

So how is Nina siblings with Nathan and Brit? I thought Obrecht was her aunt not her mom

Biologically, Nina is first cousins with Nathan and Britt because their mothers are sisters, Nina is not related to Peter.  And I'm really looking forward to Nina going against Carly to get visitation of Wylie.

I like that both Anna and Maxie are starting to see the holes in Peter's stories and that they are starting to question things.  I can't wait for Peter to be exposed and for it to finally be revealed that he is Alex's spawn and not Anna's.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, DanaK said:

So how is Nina siblings with Nathan and Brit? I thought Obrecht was her aunt not her mom

My understanding was that the three of them (Nina, Britt, and Maxie) simply 'decided' they were related and made a pact to have each other's back.  Blood isn't always necessary to be 'family.'  I thought it was sweet.  And Sonny wasn't involved, which made it all the more special!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

If they are trying to set up that Finn is Chase's father, Gregory should have added "I don't know where [Chase] gets it from. Reminds me of your mother."

Chase seems to be nothing like Finn. Right now, the relative that Chase most resembles is Gregory himself.

The whole thing is clumsy and anti-climactic, and they had a lot of time to set thing up.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, DanaK said:

So how is Nina siblings with Nathan and Britt? I thought Obrecht was her aunt not her mom

Obrecht gave Nathan to Nina's mom Magda when he was a baby and raised him as her own.  Nina was away at college so she didn't know they weren't biological siblings until she came out of her coma.

I had actually been wondering recently if Britt and Cynthia Watros Nina have ever shared scenes so I found their scenes with Maxie today kinda nice, the three of them banding together.  I also chuckled at Britt mentioning her almost sleeping with Nathan before they knew they were sibs, and I appreciated her and Nina both checking Maxie about how she shouldn't expect the whole town to sign off on LWB/FS just because she's in love with him (a check that should be directed at Liz at some point re: Franco).

But I do wish Cynthia Watros had more oomph as Nina.  Her darkly promising to be involved in Wiley's life was good, but could have been better, because I really would like to root for her to ruin Carly's life piece by piece.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Leisl gave Nathan to her sister to raise because of Faison, so Nina and Nathan believed they were siblings when they are in fact first cousins. Britt and Nathan are full siblings while Peter shares the same father with them. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

None of the couples being foreshadowed hold any promise. Sam/Dante? Robert/Olivia? Jason/Britt? Brando/Sasha? Ugh. No....just....no. Kills any kind of forward momentum this show has going for it.

To each their own... I've been hoping for Robert/Olivia since LLi's crush on TR was obvious in their first scenes years ago. I'm just bummed it took so long to look like it's coming to fruition. I can't wait.

I'm also looking forward to Jason and Britt. I haven't been this interested in him since Sarah Brown played Carly.

On the subject of today's show, I loved Nina, Britt and Maxie. At the end, I couldn't help but think, man, when Nelle comes back, I so want her to be a part of that. See what it's like to have love and acceptance.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, driver18 said:

On the subject of today's show, I loved Nina, Britt and Maxie.

I wasn't a Britt fan in the past, but I'm really liking her of late--and I loved the "we've got each other's backs" pact at Nathan's graveside.  I actually got a little choked up at Britt admitting she never had any women friends. 

And hallelujah Nina realizes Wiley is her grandson.  I can't wait for Carly to shit a brick that Nina wants to be in her grandson's life. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, driver18 said:

On the subject of today's show, I loved Nina, Britt and Maxie. At the end, I couldn't help but think, man, when Nelle comes back, I so want her to be a part of that. See what it's like to have love and acceptance.

Nelle has love and acceptance. First with Carly and then later with Michael. But Nelle couldn't let her grudge against Carly go, so she sabotage those relationships.

• Love 3

Ugh. Sam needs to back up off Dante. Didn't she give Jason the boot so her kids could have normal lives. Doesn't that include Sam doing mom stuff and actually spending time with them. She JUST got rid of Jason and she's swarming Dante. Girl is thirsty! Lulu JUST went into coma care, so let the man breath. 

It's kind of pissing me off that all of sudden, right before the wedding, Anna and Maxie are having some Peter doubts. I wanted them to go down in shock and awe flames at the alter, not wise up right before. Where is the drama in that?!!

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Nelle has love and acceptance. First with Carly and then later with Michael. But Nelle couldn't let her grudge against Carly go, so she sabotage those relationships.

When Carly gave her that, Nelle didn't know the truth, when she fell for Michael she tried to end her scheme but it was too late, wheels had been set on motion. Carly found out and instead of seeing her younger self in Nelle and giving her a second chance, she was done.

Michael supposedly stood by her, but he was always ready to listen to Carly who was done with her. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Any girl would be thirsty after being saddled with Jason. Jason is the worst partner any woman can have on this show.

Sam isn't any better as a partner for a male.  She drags them all down with her imo.

• Love 9

MB is stuck in the Sonny groove. I thought this amnesia S/L was the writers giving him an opportunity to show his diverse acting skills and get an Emmy, but no, all we get Is the same obnoxious character he's been doing for decades. Except now he wipes tables and sweeps. Soon he'll throw some glassware and be back on track. Maybe if he'd been taken in by a tiny, kindly brunette we'd have a different, more interesting outcome.

I expected when Laura and Carly got together that Laura would rip into her for exploiting the Florence info. Instead we got girlfriend chat. Once again I'm disappointed. 

I hope these other stories (Peter; Chase) don't run out of gas before we get to the finish line. Based on the Nina necklace reveal I doubt the writers have the ability to provide a dynamic ending.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, paisley said:

MB is stuck in the Sonny groove. I thought this amnesia S/L was the writers giving him an opportunity to show his diverse acting skills and get an Emmy, but no, all we get Is the same obnoxious character he's been doing for decades. Except now he wipes tables and sweeps. Soon he'll throw some glassware and be back on track. Maybe if he'd been taken in by a tiny, kindly brunette we'd have a different, more interesting outcome.

Phyllis actually could be described as a kindly brunette, but she doesn't fit his profile.  

Sometimes I wish they would bring back Angel Ellis and do her right. Not played by the same actress. Since we're stuck with the mob scene, I could get behind an IDGAF middle-aged lady mobster. That kind of describes Ava, but she's out of the scene now.  

The only usefulness of Sonny's current story to me is in demonstrating that he's deep-programmed to be an asshole even when he doesn't know who he is. So it isn't memories of his traumatic childhood or anything like that. He's a blank slate, and Phyllis and Lenny have been nothing but nice to him, and he's fought them every step of the way. His manic behavior isn't a nice, trying-too-hard type; it's a pushy, overbearing, "I know better than you" type.  

• Love 12

I’m wondering how many Amnesia Babies will be created during SonnyMike’s wanderings...maybe we need to set up a bingo card with boxes filled with names of towns from the Pennsylvania side of the Hackensack River up to the Chuckles. Now we need to come up with some creative prizes!

• LOL 7
15 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I like that both Anna and Maxie are starting to see the holes in Peter's stories and that they are starting to question things.

It's only taken years. FFS, Show.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I appreciated her and Nina both checking Maxie about how she shouldn't expect the whole town to sign off on LWB/FS just because she's in love with him (a check that should be directed at Liz at some point re: Franco).

Elizabeth has been checked on that point, more than once. She, like Maxie, doesn't want to accept that people have legit reasons to dislike/be afraid of the man she's chosen to live with.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The only usefulness of Sonny's current story to me is in demonstrating that he's deep-programmed to be an asshole even when he doesn't know who he is. So it isn't memories of his traumatic childhood or anything like that. He's a blank slate, and Phyllis and Lenny have been nothing but nice to him, and he's fought them every step of the way. His manic behavior isn't a nice, trying-too-hard type; it's a pushy, overbearing, "I know better than you" type. 

Seriously. I didn't expect a 180 in personality—this is Sonny, after all—but some change for the positive would be welcome. Instead he's the asshole he's always been. As always, the writers botch anything remotely connected to drama. I will never understand it.

• Love 9

It's cracking me up how much they're just hammering every character's surprise/suspicion over Dante jumping in front of Franco when Alexis came at him with the syringe. "Why would he save Franco? He has no use for Franco!" is the new "Nelle's body was found on the Pennsylvania side of the river." We got three iterations of it in Thursday's episode alone.

I think the writers are being so relentless about it because the plot has to turn on it, with the brainwashing and the Heinrich/Peter mystery, and they know it's weak, so it's supposed to get stronger with sheer repetition and a variety of voices. Even if there weren't brainwashing and a Heinrich/Peter plot, I wouldn't be all that surprised at Dante getting in the way of an unhinged-looking woman lunging at someone with a syringe. I wouldn't even be surprised if Jason were written to do that (and he hates Franco more than Dante does). It's the kind of thing soap writers would have a character do when they want the audience to think well of that character, and someone unhinged is on the attack with a sharp object.  

And occasionally someone has voiced a plausible rationale regarding Dante's "cop instincts," but it never shuts it down. The response is like, well, maybe, but there's still something strange going on. And there is more to it, but...you know. The destination point of the story doesn't make that beat convincing. Characters who are less than deductive geniuses even when they have good clues are on the right trail over a bad one. 

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth has been checked on that point, more than once. She, like Maxie, doesn't want to accept that people have legit reasons to dislike/be afraid of the man she's chosen to live with.

Of course, the parallel falls down in this sense: Peter really is doing all this shady shit his naysayers think he is, and more. Maxie isn't defending him over things he did in the early 2010s. A real parallel for Franco/Elizabeth and Peter/Maxie would be if Franco were shown skulking around committing new serial killings behind Elizabeth and the boys' backs and then being all "Who, me? I'm a changed man!" when anyone voiced a suspicion.

I'm years over Maxie (and, frankly, Kirsten Storms is a big part of it), but I enjoyed her with Britt and Nina in spite of myself.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7

I get the Liz comparison but I agree that it’s not exactly the same. Franco isn’t running around doing evil things anymore but she is in denial about what could happen with this tumor and seems to lack basic empathy for his victims and their loved ones. She, like Maxie, does want Franco to be universally accepted by the town and lashes out when people speak out against him. I also think that they completely muted her POV in this SL because of it. She is just Franco’s cheerleader now. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's only taken years. FFS, Show.

(in the voice of Shirley Knight's "Betty Broderick" episode from Mothership Law & Order): "It's been Threeeeeee Yeeeeeeeeeers!"

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. And also? Shut up, Elizabeth. Franco is not "a good man" like you were telling him, as the reason why Dante, who IS a good man, saved his worthless ass.

And STFU, SheBEAST.

Wah, Wah, Wah, Jax. You can also STFU.

Why was Nina referring to Nathan as "J" throughout the scenes at the gravesite?

Oooh! Maybe Jackie will find Florence!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why was Nina referring to Nathan as "J" throughout the scenes at the gravesite?

Because Nathan was his middle name and his first name was James. Her nickname for him was always J.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oooh! Maybe Jackie will find Florence!

A woman solving this? Ha!

I wish Cyrus would get serious with this. Just because his elderly mother was kidnapped doesn't mean she'll be tortured or anything if he retaliates. Especially since this has gone on for a while. No one has sent him pictures of his mom being waterboarded or anything. What on earth is Cyrus waiting for? This stasis is killing any suspense there might have been. Again, the show takes the least dramatic/active path possible. 

• Love 6

I don't know if this show was trying to make a statement (I doubt it because generally their writing is so uninformed) but when Florence was telling Martin that she liked her new care facility because she got more time and care from the nurses, I actually started to cry. As someone from Ontario Canada, this hit me hard.

Edited by Blackie
edited to fix names
  • Love 6

I wasn't expecting Nina to call the bar today and hear Sonny's voice but that is some GOOD SHIT. If she recognizes it's him, I hope she keeps her mouth shut and tells Carly nothing. Two wrongs won't make a right but when dealing with Carly, the only way to get any sense of justice is to play her own game against her. She went to great lengths to keep Nina in the dark for purely selfish reasons, I don't see why Nina should rush to tell Carly anything, unlike she's going to leverage that information to gain access to her grandson. (Jax sounded truly idiotic claiming he never realized Wiley was Nina's grandson and that by denying her relationship with Nelle, she'd be denied a relationship with him. Wiley is THE hottest commodity in this town, c'mon man, keep up.) Let's be real, the Corinthos are going to eliminate Nelle's existence entirely from Wiley's life and Nina's going to have to fight with any advantage she has in order to be included in it, and learning Sonny's alive might be the bargaining chip she needs. That better be where this all is going, 'cause it's literally the only thing that's energized me throughout this Amnesiac! Sonny storyline. Put the screws to them and make them relent and share what's yours, Nina.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I wasn't expecting Nina to call the bar today and hear Sonny's voice but that is some GOOD SHIT. If she recognizes it's him, I hope she keeps her mouth shut and tells Carly nothing. Two wrongs won't make a right but when dealing with Carly, the only way to get any sense of justice is to play her own game against her. She went to great lengths to keep Nina in the dark for purely selfish reasons, I don't see why Nina should rush to tell Carly anything, unlike she's going to leverage that information to gain access to her grandson. (Jax sounded truly idiotic claiming he never realized Wiley was Nina's grandson and that by denying her relationship with Nelle, she'd be denied a relationship with him. Wiley is THE hottest commodity in this town, c'mon man, keep up.) Let's be real, the Corinthos are going to eliminate Nelle's existence entirely from Wiley's life and Nina's going to have to fight with any advantage she has in order to be included in it, and learning Sonny's alive might be the bargaining chip she needs. That better be where this all is going, 'cause it's literally the only thing that's energized me throughout this Amnesiac! Sonny storyline. Put the screws to them and make them relent and share what's yours, Nina.

Ava and Nina are "friends" these days, aren't they? Maybe Ava should give Nina some tips on how to fight back against the Corinthii when Sonny and Carly try to cut you out of a child's life.

• Love 8

Anna, why is it hard to believe Peter might have lied about knowing Drew? Peter lied about who he was when he came to town. It's so aggravating that they've made Anna so stupid.

Michael: "I went to the site, I saw the bridge collapsed, and I didn't do anything else because the plot demands I don't." It's like no one thinks circumstances can change. No one found Sonny immediately so he must be dead. They live in Port Charles. Show a little historical perspective and remember how many people have come back from the dead.

I liked Nina giving Jax the business, especially the emphasis on helping Carly keep a secret rather than telling Nina the truth about who Nelle was when he found out. And reminding Jax that Wiley is her grandson was pretty soapy.

Why would Sonny and Carly have to be married for Kristina to be okay with Sonny getting a funeral? I didn't understand that at all. 

7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

when Florence was telling Colonel that she liked her new care facility because she got more time and care from the nurses, I actually started to cry

That was very poignant.

LOL at Peter railing at Nathan's grave. HE'S DEAD, Peter. 

Fresh tomatoes in February? Sonny is better off making his sauce with canned San Marzano tomatoes. He should know that!

Michael, Franco couldn't care less about Willow. She's in more danger from you and your situation than Franco. At least he's suggesting the gatehouse and not Willow still living in the Q mansion.

• Love 9

Michael, no one thinks you were going to take over for Sonny. They treat you like a helpless child. The less than can be said about Peter today, the better. I know WR went to Julliard but does the show really not see how bad his acting is? Clearly they don’t since they keep giving him these big monologues. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I don't know if this show was trying to make a statement (I doubt it because generally their writing is so uninformed) but when Florence was telling Martin that she liked her new care facility because she got more time and care from the nurses, I actually started to cry. As someone from Ontario Canada, this hit me hard.

I know what you mean. It hit me hard too because of all the shit the elderly who are in homes have gone through with covid. 

The show;

I think I was right when I said that Nina would be the one to find Sonny. I also said that I think she will keep it from Carly that she knows where Sonny is.

Peter, kick rocks. His rant at Nathan was so juvenile, which is exactly in character for Peter. I was really hoping that Nathan would kick him in the face, but no such luck. I'll settle for Britt putting the screws to him the way she did. But I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to have her killed.

And how long before Anna and Valentin wash their hands off this moron.

Did they cut the entire conversation between Chase and Willow? They went from standing in the foyer to Chase in the hospital. And I'm pretty sure I did not fall asleep. Also why is Willow going with Michael to Casa Corinthos? Aren't they divorced? Shouldn't they be putting some distance between them? Why is Michael wearing a reminder of his sham wedding around his finger?

I can totally see how Jax didn't even think that Nina was Wylie's grandmother. His self-centerdness revolves around Carly. I'm glad that Nina told him what's up.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Blackie said:

It was probably to okay the shit Jason and Carly pulled on her. I really hope that once Florence is returned, Martin can sue Jason and Carly for millions in order to keep up with the increased care Florence is now expecting, because that is what it is going to take for around the clock care. When my grandmother and great uncle were still alive, if someone kidnapped them, I don't care if the care was somehow superior, my mother would still cut a bitch. I really hate that for 20 odd years, the show, no matter who is running it, always make the caveat their illegal activities and skirting the law is somehow superior to rules and laws everyone else has to follow (and a lot of those rules and laws were created for practical reasons). It also doesn't help that everyone else on the show, no matter the reason they are doing their own shady stuff, it somehow ends up horribly for them. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna, why is it hard to believe Peter might have lied about knowing Drew? Peter lied about who he was when he came to town. It's so aggravating that they've made Anna so stupid.

Anna does remember that Valentin was the one that took Baby Peter from his potential adoptive family and gave him to Faison, and that Valentin and Peter were working together in the beginning, doesn't she? It makes her look stupid on top of everything else that she is trusting Valentin Cassadine to have good intentions about helping her.

As always, this show is horrible about retcons ruining their math. Nelle's tombstone and Nathan's tombstone both give their birth years as 1987. Nathan was always written as being 12 when Nina went into her coma, so Nathan should be 12/13 years older than Nelle. And if Nina went into her coma in 1987 and woke up in 2014 that would mean she was in a coma for twenty-seven years, not twenty like the show said.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I really have no use for Nina, but I loved how she wouldn’t let Jax weasel hisself out of what he actually did and what he is: the SHEBEAST’s lapdog. What made it all worse was when she told him that Wiley was her grandson and how he was complicit in keeping her away from getting to know him, and would have, he said it: NEVER EVEN CROSSED HIS MIND. Because his head is up so far up the SHEBEAST’s ASS, she’s all he can see.

Finn and his sceneszzzzzzzzz.

God Anna is so stupid. And I’d forgotten that Valentin knew that Heinrik had had Drew abducted. Too bad only Valentin heard him tell Nathan that he would erase his memory from Maxie’s life. Cuz James never knew him so what would he know? Unless Maxie has been telling her all about Nathan? Not that I care because they’ve been fast forward material for me.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Wes Ramsey (Peter) may be a worse actor than Mo, and that's saying something. He reads all his lines like he is fucking Batman, with that slow deep whispery growl ..which I guess is suppose to imply he is sinister and secretive ..and/or he has COPD. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

It was probably to okay the shit Jason and Carly pulled on her.

That's exactly what that was all about.  Sure, Carly and Jason kidnapped an old woman and used her as a bargaining chip, but they made sure she had hot cocoa and someone there to fluff her pillows, so bygones! 

I wish instead of Nina telling Jax she didn't trust him after he said it didn't cross his mind that Wiley was her grandson, I wish she would've said "I don't believe you.  And the reason I don't believe you is because you said you loved me and yet Carly and her wants and needs were your priority that anything to do with me automatically took a backseat."

• Love 10

I loved Nina giving Jax truth-tea at long last. She's absolutely right, Jax picks Carly over her every time. She needs to dump him, but not go back to Valentin. He's doing too well now without her.

I'm disappointed that Sonny will be found so soon. Nina is not a good person but she's not Carly levels of deception and that's what it would take to hide that Sonny is still alive. I bet he shows up for his funeral in the most dramatic way.

11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

And occasionally someone has voiced a plausible rationale regarding Dante's "cop instincts," but it never shuts it down. The response is like, well, maybe, but there's still something strange going on. And there is more to it, but...you know. The destination point of the story doesn't make that beat convincing. Characters who are less than deductive geniuses even when they have good clues are on the right trail over a bad one. 

Of course, the parallel falls down in this sense: Peter really is doing all this shady shit his naysayers think he is, and more. Maxie isn't defending him over things he did in the early 2010s. A real parallel for Franco/Elizabeth and Peter/Maxie would be if Franco were shown skulking around committing new serial killings behind Elizabeth and the boys' backs and then being all "Who, me? I'm a changed man!" when anyone voiced a suspicion.

YES. Peter is doing shady things right now and killing people (e.g. Drew) right now. No matter how much Liz is in denial of his past, at the moment Franco is being a good husband and father to her kids.

On most of the other shows on TV that I watch, cop shows, medical shows, fire fighter shows, the characters are expected to try to stop a crazy woman from killing someone even if the someone is a bad guy. Why all the shock on this show that Cop Dante would step in when Alexis was attacking Franco?

I hate the lack of moral stages on this show.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish Cyrus would get serious with this. Just because his elderly mother was kidnapped doesn't mean she'll be tortured or anything if he retaliates. Especially since this has gone on for a while. No one has sent him pictures of his mom being waterboarded or anything. What on earth is Cyrus waiting for? This stasis is killing any suspense there might have been. Again, the show takes the least dramatic/active path possible. 

If Cyrus retaliated in any way, Jason would be forced to retaliate with Florence. And they can't have Jason doing that because hurting a frail old woman would tarnish the sheen of St. Jaysus. Therefore Cyrus must be neutered.

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Also from Ontario here and I hear ya. We have to fix it.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael, Franco couldn't care less about Willow. She's in more danger from you and your situation than Franco. At least he's suggesting the gatehouse and not Willow still living in the Q mansion.

It drives me crazy that they're not even being slightly realistic about Good Mobsters Sonny and Jason. Although it's cute that Michael thinks that Sonny's enemies will go after him.

• Love 6

Michael and Willow talking about taking precautions because of potential danger from the mob made me want to scream.     Hey Willow, remember how you DEMANDED that Wiley be kept away from from Julian because of his mob connections?   God, what a hypocrite.  The writers had to hook her up with Michael and have ruined her.  I don't even want her back with Chase anymore because he is too good for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm disappointed that Sonny will be found so soon. Nina is not a good person but she's not Carly levels of deception

I don't know, Nina is really angry.   Eye for an eye.  And I don't think they're ready for Sonny's Big Amnesiac Adventure to end.  Plus Jason hasn't been forced into marriage with Carly yet. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is Nina barren or something? Why can't she have anymore children?

Also how could that not have clued in to Jax. 
If Nelle is Wiley's mother
and Nina's Nelle's mother
That makes Wiley, Nina's grandmother. 

That's as basic as "See Spot Run.", dude. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

Yea, Nina couldn't have children anymore when she woke from her coma.  Damage from... whatever.

She went to see Britt in hopes of getting pregnant and was told that she could not conceive having children.  I think it was something of going through early menopause which was hastened by the years in the coma and the meds she was given for two decades. Or something  which made it impossible to ever have a child because she couldn't use one of her eggs for surrogacy.

15 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I know WR went to Julliard but does the show really not see how bad his acting is? Clearly they don’t since they keep giving him these big monologues. 

Are you sure it's THE Juilliard, and not, perhaps Julliard Total Landscaping or something, because YEESH! He's so bad, the constant whispering, the inability to portray anything except slimy schemer.

That graveside scene was laughably bad. 

Unintended funny moment: should Colonel Tad be at all concerned that he spends so much time at the Metro court bar that people send him mail there?!?!? 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It was probably to okay the shit Jason and Carly pulled on her.

Oh, 100%. Never mind that Florence is the only patient in the care of Bobbie and these other nurses, so they can actually spend time with her and chat with her as opposed to I don't know, an overworked nurse in some home who has 10 patients and has no time to pee because there isn't enough staff to go around. 

• Love 6

Nina calls Phyllis only to have Sonny answer the phone...

First thought:  Holy crap!  Did not see that coming.  Now that's how you do a Friday cliffhanger

Several hours later-second thought:  Wait a minute, why would Nina call the bar?  Presumably Phyllis would have given her her cell number to reach her to talk, not the number to the bar that her husband owns.  Ugh, plot point.  Takes some of the fun out of it now.  

I will be shocked and upset if Nina dosn't tell the Corinthi that sonny is alive.  MSt's NIna was a wack job and would have kept that info to herself, but they went to great lengths to make CW's Nina a much softer, nicer, less nut jobby person, so for her to keep a secret this huge would be damaging to the character that they've been building since CW took over the role.  

• Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I had actually been wondering recently if Britt and Cynthia Watros Nina have ever shared scenes so I found their scenes with Maxie today kinda nice, the three of them banding together. 

I love that they’re giving Britt friends and a potential love interest, even if it is Jason. Hope this means the character will be around for awhile. Now, if Britt and Ava could somehow band together, what a powerhouse that would be.

I’m actually on the fence about Britt and Jason. I like Britt too much to want to see her dragged into a Jasam-ish morass, but it could be interesting. I really liked Jason and Carly back in the day (when they were having pool hall sex and she looked like Sarah Brown), and I was always disappointed that the show did nothing with the unmistakable chemistry between Jason and Brenda. So maybe when paired up with someone who sparks, like Britt, instead of an anchor like Sam, I might even learn to like Jason again. Or maybe he’s just too far past his sell-by date. Time will tell.

I’m quite bored with Dante’s Manchurian Candidate storyline and hope it wraps soon. Although I don’t know what the show will do with him after, since he currently seems to have no purpose outside of that. Pair him with Sam? That will be a quick way to decimate what’s left of his character. It would also be a good way to punish Dominic Z for daring to step away from the show for awhile, if the writers were so inclined.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I will be shocked and upset if Nina dosn't tell the Corinthi that sonny is alive.  MSt's NIna was a wack job and would have kept that info to herself, but they went to great lengths to make CW's Nina a much softer, nicer, less nut jobby person, so for her to keep a secret this huge would be damaging to the character that they've been building since CW took over the role.  

It also will anti-productive if she wants to build a relationship with Wiley. Michael has no reason to deny her a chance to have a relationship with her grandson but if she keeps quiet about Sonny, she would lose any sympathy Michael would have for her situation.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I bet he shows up for his funeral in the most dramatic way.

Sonny, in the least curious voice possible: "What's going on here? Why is there a picture of me in this church? Who are you people?" 

If Cyrus retaliated in any way, Jason would be forced to retaliate with Florence. And they can't have Jason doing that because hurting a frail old woman would tarnish the sheen of St. Jaysus. Therefore Cyrus must be neutered.

Jason could go after Martin. Or Cyrus's men. There are options besides Florence, but the show won't let Cyrus get anything remotely resembling the upper hand.

• Love 4

Although it's cute that Michael thinks that Sonny's enemies will go after him.

Him saying that Sonny's enemies were expecting him, Michael the Milquetoast, to take over for his Dad had me rolling.  Sure, Mikey, that's what they're thinking.  Not about Jason, but about you.  Here, let me warm you up some milk and you can tell me all about it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I will be shocked and upset if Nina dosn't tell the Corinthi that sonny is alive.  

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

It also will anti-productive if she wants to build a relationship with Wiley. Michael has no reason to deny her a chance to have a relationship with her grandson but if she keeps quiet about Sonny, she would lose any sympathy Michael would have for her situation.

We can at least hope that she won't be sure that it was Sonny's voice that she heard, and decides to wait a bit and be sure rather than giving Carly what could be false hope. (because I'm perfectly happy with Sonny offscreen more than on-)

• Love 4