Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, driver18 said:

I think that as long as these three things happen:

1. She shows herself a good mother to Wiley.
  2. We find out that she didn't murder Zachary.
  3. She drops the lawsuit against GH, Bobbie/Monica.

I don't think she should drop the lawsuit.  Bobbie was absolutely wrong to cover up for Carly and once Monica knew what happened (whether explicitly or implicitly) as chief of staff, she should have taken immediate action.  Not to mention the fact, Nelle was not being overly dramatic when she accused Carly of attempted murder.  GH should either rig the roof door so that an alarm will go off if you open it and/or provide a doorbell that will ring somewhere if someone gets locked out there, and/or have the security do a sweep every half hour to hour.

I'm not litigious, and maybe Nelle could be satisfied with GH installing some of the roof safeguards in lieu of money, but all the authorization shenanigans were 100% puposeful and not OK.  Take it to court if you really think the surgery is necessary.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't think she should drop the lawsuit. 

I don't think Nelle should drop the lawsuit, either, but I don't think she should go scorched earth. Take a nice financial settlement from GH, have Monica and Bobbie professionally sanctioned (loss of pay, note in the file, that sort of thing), and then move on.

What happened was heinously illegal, so there should be some repercussion. They didn't forge a note to the teacher here.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I don't think she should drop the lawsuit.  Bobbie was absolutely wrong to cover up for Carly and once Monica knew what happened (whether explicitly or implicitly) as chief of staff, she should have taken immediate action.  Not to mention the fact, Nelle was not being overly dramatic when she accused Carly of attempted murder.  GH should either rig the roof door so that an alarm will go off if you open it and/or provide a doorbell that will ring somewhere if someone gets locked out there, and/or have the security do a sweep every half hour to hour.

I'm not litigious, and maybe Nelle could be satisfied with GH installing some of the roof safeguards in lieu of money, but all the authorization shenanigans were 100% puposeful and not OK.  Take it to court if you really think the surgery is necessary.

Oh, I don't think she should drop the lawsuit either. Bobbie was so wrong. Monica was SO wrong. Everything that everyone involved from the moment Nelle arrived and her concerns were brushed over handled it wrong. And then when Carly locked her on the roof and from that point on.... whoo, boy!

HOWEVER, the show is called GH and in real life, GH would basically lose the lawsuit, have to pay Nelle millions, have have to shut their door, everyone would lose their jobs and considering that they had Laura flat-out SAY THAT to Carly they are clearly gearing up towards something there in that the lawsuit is going to come into play. And since Laura (the show's longtime heroine was basically saying that Carly, Bobbie, Monica were wrong than that means that Nelle was right. Ergo, Nelle is going to have to drop the lawsuit, come to some sort of compromise or GH is bye-bye.

And that simply is not going to happen. And Nelle dropping that lawsuit, letting GH, Monica, Bobbie off the hook will go a long way (depending on how it's done) to help a lot of viewers see her differently. Because, man, there are SO MANY viewers who do not seem to get HOW WRONG it was what Bobbie, Monica did and how AT FAULT GH is in this situation.

ETA: Hell, on top of that... Chase should be suspended because he essentially dismissed the fact that Carly DID attempt to murder Nelle. Knowing what the actual time of the year it was supposed to be and what Nelle looked like? Carly locked her out overnight on a freezing night in February in the North. If Nelle hadn't found that tarp, she would have died.  And Chase completely dismissed her, and then taunted her about pressing charges by saying that of course if she went to the station she wouldn't see Wiley... and, hey, she claims to love Wiley, right?

Edited by driver18
  • Love 6

Neil just lost his license and Alexis was disbarred for lying to the medical ethics committee. What Bobbie and Monica did was much worse as was Catly forging Nelle's signature, not to mention that Nelle could have died on the roof overnight.

Will the show treat this equally seriously? Or will it continue with the Corinthos double standard?

• Love 10
Just now, statsgirl said:

Neil just lost his license and Alexis was disbarred for lying to the medical ethics committee. What Bobbie and Monica did was much worse as was Catly forging Nelle's signature, not to mention that Nelle could have died on the roof overnight.

Will the show treat this equally seriously? Or will it continue with the Corinthos double standard?

You answered your own question. Mooby and SheBeast will NEVER pay for their crimes. And neither will Bobbie, by extension. 

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Normally, I would think not... but again, there were two whole scenes of LAURA WEBBER BALDWIN SPENCER COLLINS! going on about how awful and terrible it was that Nelle was accusing GH (and Bobbie/Monica) of--naturally assuming that Nelle was lying because of course Bobbie and Monica wouldn't be *that* stupid was unspoken--since GH didn't even have insurance to cover that kind of lawsuit. After all we're talking about...

1. An elective surgery performed on an infant without his mother's consent.
  2. The mother insisting that the consent form was forged.
  3. That document to disprove her claim is missing.
  4. Documents related to a patient's care missing is a HIPAA violation. They have to be maintained for X number of years (it's 7 or 10, I forget which one.)
  5. The grandmother of the child's father who is in a bitter custody battle is a senior staff member and is involved with this case. Ethical violation.
  6. The *other* grandmother of the child's father who is in a bitter custody battle is the chief of staff and was involved with this case. Another ethical violation.
  7. The mother was locked overnight on a freezing night on the roof.
  8. No cameras, nothing to show how this even happened.

This is all REALLY, REALLY bad. And, again, not only did we have two whole scenes of Laura (again, LAURA!) talking about how awful this would be for GH (again, assuming that there was no way that Monica/Bobbie actually did what Nelle was accusing them of), but Carly DID NOT do her usual self-righteous pfft! 'We did nothing wrong, it was for the greater good, Nelle deserved it' schtick. She sat there with her mouth shut, a slightly worried look on her face. (I know, I was shocked... Laura Wright didn't just do her patented sneer.)

So, yeah, I'm thinking this lawsuit is going to be a LOT more important than people realize. I keep going back to that "compromise" that Nelle offered Michael and how it was a pretty damn good deal after all. And people scoffed at me for saying so.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, driver18 said:

HOWEVER, the show is called GH and in real life, GH would basically lose the lawsuit, have to pay Nelle millions, have have to shut their door, everyone would lose their jobs and considering that they had Laura flat-out SAY THAT to Carly they are clearly gearing up towards something there in that the lawsuit is going to come into play. 

Since we know GH is running out of new material, if I were the show runner,  I'd cobble together a zoom episode about how, because of Nelle's lawsuit, the hospital was going to temporarily close, and I'd make that the final "new" episode until whenever things open back  up. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

The show is weirdly invested in Nelle so I think there will be some blowback. I don’t think Carly will have to pay but at the very least, this will have a negative impact on the custody battle. Nelle is going to have to go to court with something beyond people she barely knows serving as character witnesses for her. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, driver18 said:

An elective surgery performed on an infant without his mother's consent.

While I totally agree that Bobbie, Monica and the hospital should pay for what Bobbie did, Wiley is not an infant. 

52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

this will have a negative impact on the custody battle.

For about a second, probably. I can see Nelle getting at least 50/50 custody to start, and then something happens and Michael gets it all, given the Corinthii always have to win decisively.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

So, yeah, I'm thinking this lawsuit is going to be a LOT more important than people realize. I keep going back to that "compromise" that Nelle offered Michael and how it was a pretty damn good deal after all. And people scoffed at me for saying so.

Call me weird, but I don't want it to play into the custody fight at all. Michael may or may not have suspicions of what happened, but he didn't know anything before the fact and he didn't try to cover anything up.  If anything, I wish that he would publicly disavow his entire family after this comes out.  I'm totally 100% for unconditional love, but I think you can achieve that while at the same time saying "Your actions are not OK, I can't be a party to them, and I definitely can't be a beneficiary of them.  I hope you can learn to mend your ways, but until that time I'm afraid that I can't have anything to do with you."

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Call me weird, but I don't want it to play into the custody fight at all. Michael may or may not have suspicions of what happened, but he didn't know anything before the fact and he didn't try to cover anything up.  If anything, I wish that he would publicly disavow his entire family after this comes out.  I'm totally 100% for unconditional love, but I think you can achieve that while at the same time saying "Your actions are not OK, I can't be a party to them, and I definitely can't be a beneficiary of them.  I hope you can learn to mend your ways, but until that time I'm afraid that I can't have anything to do with you."

On another show? Sure. On this one where the Corinthii are good and right and just? Not a prayer. 

• Love 4

Michael came right out and said that he knows that Carly forged Nelle's signature and it was a good thing that she did it. It doesn't matter that he didn't  know it ahead of time, he's completely on board now.

He's already lost the moral high ground.

• Love 11

Look at Michael, looking like the cat that swallowed the canary during that ceremony. He is such a goblin. 

I like how everyone like Sasha until Michael got a shot at Willow. Why would anyone want to marry into the Quartermaine and Corinthos clans is beyond me.

And look at Carly and Sonny strolling into the not!Q mansion like they own the place.

So Nelle is going to try and marry Julian. Julian can't win at anything. Even when the show lets him win, he loses.

• Love 5

I was fine with Trina being mad at Curtis in the immediate aftermath of the shootout in the warehouse, but now she's just tiresome. She's old enough to understand the nuances of the circumstances.

Color me shocked that Carly and Sonny are actually thinking beyond what the marriage means for just Wiley.

FFS, Cyrus. DO SOMETHING. Stop walking around town being faux polite/vaguely threatening to people who hate you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Cyrus. DO SOMETHING.

Preferably shoot someone. He can start with Jason and then move on to Sonny, Carly and Sam. Then Drew can come back from the dead and take Scout and Danny to live normal lives far away from PC. 

• Love 15

I can't believe Sasha is getting a pity edit. She's the dope who put this in motion in the first place. The exasperating thing about this is that Willow probably will fall in love with Michael, because he's just that wonderful. To think we called Dillon a jar of mayonnaise. Michael is an undercooked chicken breast.

Ned's the only one having a reasonable reaction to this stupid wedding. No wonder we rarely see him.

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Nelle is going to try and marry Julian. Julian can't win at anything. Even when the show lets him win, he loses.

Nelle knows everyone hates Julian. Why does she think marrying the town goat is going to strengthen her position? Good lord. The writers could at least pretend the outcome isn't set in stone.

19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And look at Carly and Sonny strolling into the not!Q mansion like they own the place.

At least Sonny had the manners to thank Monica for hosting the wedding.

"I'm not nervous. I know this is right." Yes, Michael, an ill-advised marriage of convenience for the sake of your child is always the way to go.

There aren't enough adjectives for stupid to describe this story.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

It's typical but I hated Sonny trying to throw Julian out of Monica's house when he was there to visit his son.

Welcome to the 1940s folks, when you have to be a  two parent family to be a decent parent.

I was really hoping that Willow would say at the end that she couldn't go through with it. But hey, her obsession with Wylie.

• Love 11
(edited)

That was quite a dress that Brook Lyn scrounged up for Willow. And I'm not saying BL is fat (she's not), but she's a bigger woman than Willow and yet the dress fit perfectly. 

Edited by AuxArx
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

That was quite a dress that Brook Lyn scrounged up for Willow. And I'm not saying BL is fat (she's not), but she's a bigger woman than Willow and yet the dress fit perfectly. 

I think we already had to suspend disbelief that BL had that dress in her closet considering her personal style. When she said she was going to get something for Willow, I cringed. 

• Love 6

As much as I love the concept of a marriage of convenience taking place in the middle of the night at the Quartermaine mansion and officiated by Lucy Coe, I hate everything about this story. 

16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think we already had to suspend disbelief that BL had that dress in her closet considering her personal style. When she said she was going to get something for Willow, I cringed. 

Maybe it’s from Emily’s old collection?

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'm not nervous. I know this is right." Yes, Michael, an ill-advised marriage of convenience for the sake of your child is always the way to go.

There aren't enough adjectives for stupid to describe this story.

Willow did look nice for a hastily-put-together wedding but she also looked petrified and unsure and it wasn't a coincidence that she touched Wiley before she ever touched Michael. So how exactly is this supposed to help Michael get custody when they aren't treating this as anything but what it is - a way to one-up Nelle?

Even Valentin slept with Nina and did date her before they married to ensure Charlotte stayed with them and not Lulu.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

I felt as sick as Willow looked during that ceremony.  And  Michael's face afterwards was disgusting (and I usually don't mind the character).   I really hate this storyline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I felt as sick as Willow looked during that ceremony.  And  Michael's face afterwards was disgusting (and I usually don't mind the character).   I really hate this storyline.

She looked very uncomfortable with the kiss, especially. It's like everything they discussed about this being platonic and how she was still in love with Chase, went in one ear and out the other.

A kiss on the cheek would have been better. A kiss on the hand would have been sweet. But Michael is gross. Everybody standing in that room knows that this is a marriage of convenience. 

Michael was into Willow for a bit before she got together with Chase, so the golden child comes out as the winner in all this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

A kiss on the cheek would have been better. A kiss on the hand would have been sweet. But Michael is gross. Everybody standing in that room knows that this is a marriage of convenience. 

I was kind of surprised Lucy even said he could kiss the bride, but I don't think she knows it's a MOC, does she? At any rate, Michael didn't have to go for the lips. Its not as if he needs to convince anyone there the marriage is a love match.

I'm glad they're having Willow look a little queasy about the whole thing. She should! And I had to laugh that no one blinked that Wiley was there, even though it was supposedly very close to midnight.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Willow did look nice for a hastily-put-together wedding but she also looked petrified and unsure and it wasn't a coincidence that she touched Wiley before she ever touched Michael.

To be fair, Wiley has a much better personality than Michael and will no doubt be a better conversationalist within a couple years.

Also, SHUT UP, LUCY!  What the fuck with her going on and on about how Michael can do whatever he wants because of his families.  Hate to break it to her, but even poor, unconnected pleebs can marry whoever they want. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

The kiss was gross. Mikey has always been hot for Willow and was constantly horning in on Chase and Willow when they first started dating. He's psyched to be trading up from Sasha. 

I was hoping Nelle would go to Valentine. How is marrying an ex-mobster going to help Nelle's case? Having said that, I can see Julian and Nelle having some decent hate sex, like what we had hoped for Nick and Ava. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I don't know what Nelle is thinking, that Julian will stack up to Willow in the convenient spouse department? He's an ex con, with a history of violence. 

And *shallow alert* damn, the actress who plays Willow is really pretty. ( Too skinny, but pretty).

• Love 6

The smug at that wedding was really off the charts. Michael was one of the worst. Creepy, not romantic.

I want the judge to ask Michael and Willow all sorts of personal questions about each other like they do for green card marriages since they only got married the day before the hearing.

• Love 15

I'm wondering is Marty it's going to turn on Nelle. There have been so many scenes where he is insulting her, annoyed when her, and clearly can't stand her. Plus, we know that a Corinthos will always win in the end. But, and I'm aware this is an unpopular opinion, I still can't stand Nelle and don't really mind that Michael/Carly will win this one. I just want Chase to somehow also win.

• Love 3

I was trying to figure out how marrying Julian helps Nelle and I think I figured it out. It might be that what Julian can offer is the fact that as Wiley's "grandfather," he's someone who has been in Wiley's life from day one and someone that Wiley will be comfortable with so he won't be going home with someone he doesn't know that well even if Nelle is his biological mother.

Also, Nelle might even open the door to saying that she wants Lucas to be a part of Wiley's life too, and Wiley definitely knows Lucas better than anyone of them. Having Julian--that family member as her husband--takes away the edge that Michael had as the only one of the two who knew Wiley his whole life, as well as someone who (like Willow) thought Wiley was family his whole life.

Also, there's the super important "two-parent husband/wife home" thing that will just seal the deal, amiright?! 😉

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm glad they're having Willow look a little queasy about the whole thing. 

I agree. The tears (of sadness) glistening in her eyes that she's entering in a loveless marriage with Michael in front of his family (minus his sister Kristina, Grandma Bobbie, Uncle Jason and of course Uncle Lucas) and without anyone there to support her came off very real to me.

And Josslyn can EFF OFF with the "Willow is good enough for Michael" stuff. You brat, Willow is way too good for Michael.

I don't get why Nelle would want to marry her son's 'former grandfather' Julian. I'm not sure Julian was ever around Wiley enough for Wiley to know who he is/trust him. Is it because Julian is a business owner in Port Charles and as a result would seem financially stable? 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, SHUT UP, LUCY!  What the fuck with her going on and on about how Michael can do whatever he wants because of his families.  Hate to break it to her, but even poor, unconnected pleebs can marry whoever they want. 

I know. What was that about? It made no sense even for Lucy.

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm wondering is Marty it's going to turn on Nelle.

When he doesn't get paid he will. Nelle dangled a big fat fee in front of him to taker her case.

• Useful 1

Why wasn't Willow's mother there for her wedding?  [rhetorical question]

Irrespective of Nelle and CL's acting, I don't want Carly and Sonny to indoctrinate yet another innocent child into thinking that Mob Life is the life to be. Or Michael to get yet another thing handed to him on a silver platter.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He's already lost the moral high ground.

He lost the moral high ground? To the woman who tried to burn him alive and isn't sorry for it? He lost the moral high ground to her? Why because he knew his mother locked her on the roof so his son could get surgery to improve his quality of life? For all the talk of Michael being too "white bread" and how he's too perfect somehow it's an issue that he legitimately loathes the woman who tried to murder him.

3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

But, and I'm aware this is an unpopular opinion, I still can't stand Nelle and don't really mind that Michael/Carly will win this one. I just want Chase to somehow also win.

Not unpopular with me. Nelle is heinous and shouldn't have custody of a houseplant let alone a precious baby. I still loathe Sonny/Carly and don't necessarily want them to win, but I'm fine with Michael/Willow winning. This will be a rare instance that I'm fine with a Corinthos getting what they want.

11 hours ago, driver18 said:

I keep going back to that "compromise" that Nelle offered Michael and how it was a pretty damn good deal after all. And people scoffed at me for saying so.

That "compromise" was in no way a compromise and in no way generous. Michael is right that Monica and Bobbie would much rather lose their jobs than have Nelle get custody. If she simply offered to drop the lawsuit and offered joint custody that's one thing but she thinks she should get sole custody which is ludicrous. Michael would have been an idiot to take that deal especially since Nelle has no proof for her claims.

• Love 4

The most distasteful part of the wedding scenes for me wasn't the kiss or the wedding itself, but that scene with Monica and Sonny. I was seriously hoping Monica would get in some sort of snarky line about him killing AJ or not being happy he was in her home but instead she just smiled at him. To make the scene ten times worse, Monica did get indignant but only about the fact that Lucy would be performing the ceremony. Lucy only stole her husband she didn't MURDER HER CHILD. 

Of course that smug idiot Nelle thinks marrying Julian will somehow equal Michael marrying Willow. At least Willow and Michael are friends and like each other. The whole reason Diane said Michael couldn't marry Sasha was because of her past. Sasha only has the issue with her committing "fraud" and lying to Nina. That is nothing compared to Julian's past. 

What is wrong with Trina's mom? I know Trina is grieving but she should give her a serious talk about respecting her elders. It's ridiculous that Trina is still that mad at Curtis. I know it's probably just to ramp up the drama when Curtis is revealed to be her bio dad, but it just makes Trina look dumb and petty. Same with her attitude to Jordan. Yes, Jordan is lying by admitting her role in what happened but she's not lying about what Taggert did. Trina is being such an asshole, I'm going to enjoy it when she finds out the whole truth and finds out that, yes, her dad did do what she's been screaming to the rafters he would never do.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

For all the talk of Michael being too "white bread" and how he's too perfect somehow it's an issue that he legitimately loathes the woman who tried to murder him.

Just my opinion, and it's not an attack on your thoughts at all, just a rationalization for my siding with Nelle for now.  It's a soap, not reality.  Yes, she tried to murder him (something very soapy), but he was stupid enough to disclose the whole plan to entrap her while he was driving the damn car (something not soapy), so I choose to believe he was, at least in part, responsible for everything that evolved from that, uh, premature ejaculation.  In the dark little alternate reality world in my head, I can enjoy a smart schemer, and  I can enjoy seeing people who do dumb things get knocked down a peg or two.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, rur said:

Just my opinion, and it's not an attack on your thoughts at all, just a rationalization for my siding with Nelle for now.  It's a soap, not reality.  Yes, she tried to murder him (something very soapy), but he was stupid enough to disclose the whole plan to entrap her while he was driving the damn car (something not soapy), so I choose to believe he was, at least in part, responsible for everything that evolved from that, uh, premature ejaculation.  In the dark little alternate reality world in my head, I can enjoy a smart schemer, and  I can enjoy seeing people who do dumb things get knocked down a peg or two.

I know it's a soap, but there are still limits - at least for me (generally speaking.) It being a soap doesn't stop me from hating Sonny and Carly et al. for the disgusting things they do. Same goes for Nelle. Yeah, Michael was a dumbass for disclosing what he did in the car, but ultimately, it was what landed Nelle in prison so not completely dumb. And it doesn't mean he deserved to have her leave him burning alive - which IMO is not soapy. Maybe modern soap, but that's one of the major problems with modern soaps nowadays. 

Nelle's not even a smart schemer. She's gotten away with a lot, but at this point most of her plots are so transparent even Wiley can see through them and she's been caught way too many times to be as smug as she is. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

What is wrong with Trina's mom? I know Trina is grieving but she should give her a serious talk about respecting her elders. It's ridiculous that Trina is still that mad at Curtis. I know it's probably just to ramp up the drama when Curtis is revealed to be her bio dad, but it just makes Trina look dumb and petty. Same with her attitude to Jordan. Yes, Jordan is lying by admitting her role in what happened but she's not lying about what Taggert did. Trina is being such an asshole, I'm going to enjoy it when she finds out the whole truth and finds out that, yes, her dad did do what she's been screaming to the rafters he would never do.

Time is wonky on soaps and in real life March 2020 was the longest March in human history, but it's been two months since Taggert died. Lucas pronounced his death on March 2. It isn't ridiculous at all Trina would still be grieving her father. It's not just her father's death she has to deal with - there's the kidnapping and the way he died. She should be in counseling but that's apparently something parents in Port Charles don't send their kids to until their second kidnapping. 

• Love 6

I wonder who’d they pair Michael E. Knight with? Right now, he’s playing more of a foil and caricature than a leading man. He looks great with the gray and beard but the dialect needs to be dropped. Maybe, Genie Francis? Lynn Herring? Finola Hughes?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

It isn't ridiculous at all Trina would still be grieving her father. It's not just her father's death she has to deal with - there's the kidnapping and the way he died. She should be in counseling but that's apparently something parents in Port Charles don't send their kids to until their second kidnapping. 

I don't think it's ridiculous at all that she's still grieving her father, but I do think it's ridiculous that she's still blaming Curtis. I know she's grieving and that affects anyone's judgment, let alone a teenager's, but Trina was always portrayed as level-headed enough that blaming Curtis for saving her life - especially with how repetitive these scenes are - looks tired and is annoying. And, yes, her mom should definitely be insisting on counseling, like Liz did with Cameron, but she should also still tell her about how not to talk to the adults around her.

7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

And *shallow alert* damn, the actress who plays Willow is really pretty.

She really is, in an almost surreal, "Disney Princess" kind of way. Based on the actor's looks, Willow is actually the perfect name for that character.

As far as the wedding, I cringe every time I see Monica being warm and friendly to the man (Sonny) who killed one of her sons in cold blood.

• Love 8

Yeah the whole wedding creeped me out big time.  Firstly, she goes from a catch like Chase to... this schlubby mama’s boy.  No wonder poor Willow looked nauseated.  

Secondly, everyone knows this is a marriage of convenience, so why the ceremony and dress and WHY the kiss???  Yet all the family is standing around grinning at them and (again) poor Willow.  This family is a cult that’s only slightly less horrible than Dawn of Day.

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As far as the wedding, I cringe every time I see Monica being warm and friendly to the man (Sonny) who killed one of her sons in cold blood.

Oh ew.  I mean, I get it, Michael's wedding would be a scenario where Monica would have to be in the same room as HER SON'S MURDERER because Michael is a spineless wimp and Monica has to cling to whatever family members haven't been brutally murdered, but still, there's no reason for them to speak to each other AT ALL.

And ugh, this storyline - that all that matters is the parties being married, opposite-sex couples, no matter how obviously fake said marriages are - is so retrograde and not how modern parenting or families look, Show.

ETA - also?  I hate the relationship Lucy and Sasha have because it's a relationship Lucy should be having WITH ONE OF HER OWN DAUGHTERS!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7