Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

Losing weight by unhealthy means--Back in my day dexatrim was the go to appetite suppressant.  I've never weighed over 120 and am 5'7" but even I wanted to lose weight and took it.  For some reason I wanted to weigh 113.  I remember how fast it made by heart beat.  I was so disappointed when they took it off the market.  It wasn't until later I realized how dangerous it really was.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Losing weight by unhealthy means--Back in my day dexatrim was the go to appetite suppressant.  I've never weighed over 120 and am 5'7" but even I wanted to lose weight and took it.  For some reason I wanted to weigh 113.  I remember how fast it made by heart beat.  I was so disappointed when they took it off the market.  It wasn't until later I realized how dangerous it really was.

My friends and I all took metabolife when it had ephedra in it. We were so pissed when ephedra was banned. No joke, I had a friend who used to crush and snort them. She said they worked better that way. 

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

My friends and I all took metabolife when it had ephedra in it. We were so pissed when ephedra was banned. No joke, I had a friend who used to crush and snort them. She said they worked better that way. 

The dexatrim I took had the ephedra in it also until 2004 when it was banned.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2020 at 6:40 PM, MssdDrms said:

Has Gina had some work done?  She looks different.

I think Gina looks so different, in pictures from Lauren's wedding at least, because her hair is darker. It is not as bleached blonde as she wore it all season while cheering. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, ByTor said:

IMO it's perfectly fine to say "I want to be a newscaster after I retire."  It is not fine to say "I want to be a DCC so I can use that as a stepping stone to becoming a newscaster."  Still admitting you have goals after DCC (which...no duh!) without saying that you are using the DCC to achieve your goals.

Exactly...... and if she wants to be a journalist/broadcaster, she might want to learn to watch how she phrases things....

On 1/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, ByTor said:

I’m not a fan either.

I’m ok with Lisa, it’s Meredith that I’m not a huge fan of, she’s beautiful and has beautiful technique as a soloist, she just, to me, never fit in as a team member. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, LRCH said:

I’m ok with Lisa, it’s Meredith that I’m not a huge fan of, she’s beautiful and has beautiful technique as a soloist, she just, to me, never fit in as a team member. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Total speculation here.  But when you get your spot - the 37th spot - because you are more than likely Kelli's girl crush, and you don't appear to have the skills/talent necessary - you won't easily fit in.  Plus, as an "alternate", it's not as though she got to form a bond with the other girls.  She seemed to be kind of on the outside of everything.

Kelli has become so helpful to girls like Meredith and Victoria.  I can see girls at future auditions thinking, please like me - sort of - kind of - let me fly under the radar - thank you.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, meg.r said:

Does anyone know when retirement announcements usually happen? I know Amy, Molly, Heather, Christina and Bridget have at least somewhat announced already. 

I was under the impression it was only definite for Amy, Molly & Heather. Is there firm confirmation for Christina and Bridget?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I was under the impression it was only definite for Amy, Molly & Heather. Is there firm confirmation for Christina and Bridget?

You're correct. I couldn't remember which were the two at the time, that's why I put somewhat announced. 

On the weight loss topic, my college roommate always struggled with weight which I believe was further exacerbated by life events. Apparently probably 20 years later she tried Phen Phen which caused cardiac arrhythmias & dysfunction.  It was probably 15 years later I caught up with her. She spoke wistfully & with pride about how good she looked after taking Phen Phen . Then she became a cardiac cripple requiring constant O2.  She died much too young just for the fleeting time she looked thin.

Edited by cherryblossom
Bad grammar
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

On the weight loss topic, my college roommate always struggled with weight which I believe was further exacerbated by life events. Apparently probably 20 years later she tried Phen Phen which caused cardiac arrhythmias & dysfunction.  It was probably 15 years later I caught up with her. She spoke wistfully & with pride about how good she looked after taking Phen Phen . Then she became a cardiac cripple requiring constant O2.  She died much too young just for the fleeting time she looked thin.

I am so,so sorry, That is awful. 

• Love 1

I wish Kelli would stop using Tangerine Salon they really are not very good and they have no idea how to take care of WOC.   Kat's hair looks  awful.  I like how other teams let the girls be natural instead of trying to make them all look the same.  

• Love 22
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Total speculation here.  But when you get your spot - the 37th spot - because you are more than likely Kelli's girl crush, and you don't appear to have the skills/talent necessary - you won't easily fit in.  Plus, as an "alternate", it's not as though she got to form a bond with the other girls.  She seemed to be kind of on the outside of everything.

Kelli has become so helpful to girls like Meredith and Victoria.  I can see girls at future auditions thinking, please like me - sort of - kind of - let me fly under the radar - thank you.

I would tend to agree with you on that. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

I wish Kelli would stop using Tangerine Salon they really are not very good and they have no idea how to take care of WOC.   Kat's hair looks  awful.  I like how other teams let the girls be natural instead of trying to make them all look the same.  

Love all the images except Kat's.  It makes her hair look dirty to have that two-toned yuckety yuck.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Flip that hair!

1a.jpg

I keep seeing this photo (along with several other NFL cheer teams) on a viral post going around defending the SB halftime because people are upset with the JLO and Shakira performance. Every time someone shares it on social media I go OMG it’s Bridget! 😂

The caption before the photos says, “Meanwhile everyday in the NFL:” 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I spent entirely too much time discussing hairology at lunch today...much talk about if J-Lo was wearing extensions or a wig, and if she was wearing extensions, what kind.  I was explaining about tape ins versus sew ins and of course J-Lo can afford the best.  I thought her hair looked amazing, but my friend thought it looked like a bad wig.  She was certainly tossing it all around though, and I pretty much showed this pic as an example of how NFL cheerleaders swirl their head around without their extensions showing or wigs flying off.

I swear everything I know about extensions is because of this show, and everything I know about wigs comes from Drag Race.  And I was only a little ashamed to admit it.  Hooray pop culture!

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Gina Marie 

Ashlee H

Alexandra

Julia

Shaina

Bret

Lauren

Madeline S

Who do we hope tries out again?

I hope Julia and Madeline S. both do, I liked Ashlee's look but don't remember much of her dancing tbh.  

7 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I hope Julia and Madeline S. both do, I liked Ashlee's look but don't remember much of her dancing tbh.  

I hope Shaina tries out again, I thought she was great

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I spent entirely too much time discussing hairology at lunch today...much talk about if J-Lo was wearing extensions or a wig, and if she was wearing extensions, what kind.  I was explaining about tape ins versus sew ins and of course J-Lo can afford the best.  I thought her hair looked amazing, but my friend thought it looked like a bad wig.  She was certainly tossing it all around though, and I pretty much showed this pic as an example of how NFL cheerleaders swirl their head around without their extensions showing or wigs flying off.

I swear everything I know about extensions is because of this show, and everything I know about wigs comes from Drag Race.  And I was only a little ashamed to admit it.  Hooray pop culture!

Haha, everything I know about wigs/extensions, I learned from Drag Race and ANTM!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Bret, Madeline S, and Shaina. I was not a fan of Gina Marie. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I would love to see Bret try out again! I felt like they never gave her much of a chance to show what she can do. I also would love to see Shaina again, and Madeline like many have said. I’d also love to see Katy from UCLA make training camp at least this year!

Side note - will we have a thread for audition speculation this year? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PepperM said:

I would love to see Bret try out again! I felt like they never gave her much of a chance to show what she can do. I also would love to see Shaina again, and Madeline like many have said. I’d also love to see Katy from UCLA make training camp at least this year!

They started it this morning - should be highlighted in the topic listing.

40 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I'm not one to believe in conspiracies, but after scrolling through the tagged photos on the official DCC Instagram page for a bit, it seems like I was seeing a lot of every rookie except for Kat, Meredith and VK.

Are you on the @dccheerleaders page? 

40 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I'm not one to believe in conspiracies, but after scrolling through the tagged photos on the official DCC Instagram page for a bit, it seems like I was seeing a lot of every rookie except for Kat, Meredith and VK.

VK has been in many of the special features.  Sadly, haven’t see many, if any, of her doing appearances or other events, nor is she in any of the BFF photos of others.  

No worries...she’s not going anywhere...  Kelli is likely too insecure, desperate for friends, and or afraid of TK to cut her.  Kelli will continue to be used.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I agree with you -- although I also wonder how much is Tangerine Salon's doing and how much is Kelli insisting on having a say in the makeovers.

I think Kat came in with that hairstyle (wig?) didn't she? But they did give her that awful two-tone color mess.

Isn't it ironic that they told Maddie to go back to her natural curls, but straighten WoC hair? I've seen pics of Cianna with her hair straight, but I think she came with it curly & they kept it that way.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

That's another thing I was noticing. VK is featured in many other places... but little to no public appearance photos exist.

That's because official DCC social media accounts suck.  Hardly any public appearance photos of the regular squad or the All Stars.  

• Love 1
On 2/1/2020 at 5:11 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Tiffany - the gal who made it to finals last year and gave us all BTS info on her IG stories - said she doesn't know yet if she will try out this year.  

Here is what she looked like three weeks ago, so hopefully she is planning on it.

What is Tiffany's IG account?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's because official DCC social media accounts suck.  Hardly any public appearance photos of the regular squad or the All Stars.  

I'd like to see more of what they do outside of just dance. They basically say it's like a full-time job but only dance for a few games every season. Do more BTS of an off-season rehearsal or appearances, like they do on game day but they'd be on less of a tight schedule.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Blue hues said:

VK has been in many of the special features.  Sadly, haven’t see many, if any, of her doing appearances or other events, nor is she in any of the BFF photos of others.  

No worries...she’s not going anywhere...  Kelli is likely too insecure, desperate for friends, and or afraid of TK to cut her.  Kelli will continue to be used.  

I have a theory on VK. Total speculation though, so take it with a grain of salt. I think TPTB use her for mega meet and greets. The people who pay out the big bucks to the organization. They bring her in as at the star studded legacy to men in suits. They in turn give out more money and so on. While the rest of the girls actually do the hospital meet and greets, and smaller venue ones.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, kalibean said:

Everything I know about wigs and extensions come from RuPaul's Drag Race as well...I flipping love that show!!! 🙂 

• Love 2

So picture 2, I counted 36 at first then 34 on second and third count. So I think I am seeing things today. I guess my excuse is that its a long day at work and reading forums at 6.30pm I don't think straight. And I certainly do not know whose missing or is there 37 girls in second pic but I am just tired that I am not counting everyone and cannot tell whose missing?

2 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

So picture 2, I counted 36 at first then 34 on second and third count. So I think I am seeing things today. I guess my excuse is that its a long day at work and reading forums at 6.30pm I don't think straight. And I certainly do not know whose missing or is there 37 girls in second pic but I am just tired that I am not counting everyone and cannot tell whose missing?

I counted 36 ...and triple counted it.  🙂 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I counted 36 ...and triple counted it.  🙂 

Whose missing? Because I still count 34 plus the 5 guys in the middle and 3 other women not in DCC practice wear/uniform (1 is on the back row between Kat and one of the guys. The second is to our right on the back row next to the guy then there is 2 DCC, who I cannot tell the names on and then at the end of the back row, to our right is another person not in DCC uniform/practice wear.

So is that the 37 you counted? Because I counted 34 without those 3 women and if they are DCC who are they please? I still cannot tell some of the girls apart

46 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Whose missing? Because I still count 34 plus the 5 guys in the middle and 3 other women not in DCC practice wear/uniform (1 is on the back row between Kat and one of the guys. The second is to our right on the back row next to the guy then there is 2 DCC, who I cannot tell the names on and then at the end of the back row, to our right is another person not in DCC uniform/practice wear.

So is that the 37 you counted? Because I counted 34 without those 3 women and if they are DCC who are they please? I still cannot tell some of the girls apart

No...there are 36 girls surrounding the 5 guys in the second picture.  All 36 are in practice gear... however, the girls that are closest to the guys on either side...it makes them look like they could have polo shirts on but they don't it's the way the halter is styled and they are positioned.

image.png.72d4e7055834afe869a2129fef088c0d.png

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

I think Molly is missing. And this is a horrible pic for some of the girls. I barely recognize some of them.

10 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Yep thats why I don're recognise none of the girls besides Kat and Amy#

Can someone do a list of who is who in the pic please

Lisa,lily Taylor p, Hannah ,kat,Taylor j,Alexis rachel w  cianna Brennan

madeline m,Kristine,Chandi,Victoria kelcey,Lexie,Erin ,Rachel a,Savannah,Meredith,jayln 

Daphane,Caroline,briana amber,Amanda,Amy Miranda,Christina,Gina,maddie,Heather,Tess ,Bridget,Alanna,Ashlee 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

madeline m,Kristine,Chandi,Victoria kelcey,Lexie,Erin ,Rachel a,Savannah,Meredith,jayln 

Daphane,Caroline,briana amber,Amanda,Amy Miranda,Christina,Gina,maddie,Heather,Tess ,Bridget,Alanna,Ashlee 

Thanks

Can people not hold their heads straight when they pose?  There are several on the team that cock their head to the side each and every time they pose for a pic....does cocking the head to the side make the picture better?  Seriously...I'm asking...lol because photography is NOT my thing.  I do well to take a bad picture when I'm trying 😉 and that's on a good day!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

So who is Post Malone’s dad? 
Wasn’t he a nutrition manager at the Dallas Cowboys?

33 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Kudos Holly85, you know your DCC!

I always forget Ambers name!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

So who is Post Malone’s dad? 
Wasn’t he a nutrition manager at the Dallas Cowboys?

Kudos Holly85, you know your DCC!

I always forget Ambers name!

I wonder why molly wasn’t there !! 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, PepperM said:

I liked Bret in her interviews, she's another that got cut early enough that I don't remember much about her dancing.  And totally agree about Katy, she was adorable!

• Love 2
On 2/3/2020 at 3:05 AM, evasworld123 said:

Is Rachel W auditioning again? Just curious since she seems to be helping KaShara with prep classes. I hope she is. #girlcrush  

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, LRCH said:

Is Rachel W auditioning again? Just curious since she seems to be helping KaShara with prep classes. I hope she is. #girlcrush  

I hope she does.  She has improved so much from rookie year and I think she is just stunning.

• Love 8