Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 1/25/2020 at 6:22 AM, PattiD4DCC said:

Or Gina's.  She may have co-opted her spot in the triangle, but she will never be able to replicate Gina's technique.  I hope Gina is healing and rehabbing well. 

Lacey's dancing was also enhanced by her physical beauty -- perhaps her solos were a little repetitive over time but they were truly lovely. 

If we are talking about same dancing ..... Same could be said about the stripper dance moves Holly used to do ..the trademark split and boobage pull towards to judges 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, dccdancefan said:

Rachel is beautiful, but she looks vacant. Jalyn and Cici look excited to be dancing, that's what catches my eye.

I thought "hollow" but vacant works just as well...her eyes look dead. Her dancing is great but the sparkle is missing...especially surrounded by Jalyn & Cici...who both look so invested in what they are doing.

• Love 12
On 1/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Cianna looks great in this style and so does Rachel. However, Rachel's hair drives me crazy. It's always in her face. She needs to go to Kitty for some hairography tips.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:02 PM, scorpio1031 said:

And here is Kristin from Jenn K's class the other night.  Chandi was there as well, but her video is already gone from her stories.

Kristin looks great here. She's in the boat of solid, dependable dancers but not full of power. She's clean and precise but I doubt she'd ever be a star DCC. The improvement from the first year she got to training cap is incredible though! 

I definitely agree that when they're trying out for their second year, they're more relaxed and confident. Just look at Brennan, who has similar improvements to Kristin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I wouldn't be surprised if Kristen came back as a solid, dependable dancer who was a blender.  It's only Kat, Meredith, and Lily (and, to a degree, Victoria) who seem to be up for discussion as to who will be cut. 

Victoria will likely NEVER be cut unless Kelli and Tina have a falling-out or Victoria does something so exceptionally stupid that Kelli has no choice but to cut her (or risk losing her job and/or risking the reputation of both the DCC and the Cowboys if it came to light).

Kat did some stupid social media stuff (which could make her an ambassador risk) and is a relatively weak dancer (arguably one of the weakest on the team though she has improved).  Both of these put her at high risk for being cut.

Meredith, while she doesn't have any social media gaffes, she is arguably THE weakest dancer on the team with no sign of improvement over the season.  She is likely a one-and-done as there is no reason other than Kelli likes her look for Kelli to keep her.

Lily is the third girl people seem to identify as up for being cut this year.  She seems to have improved over the time and is passable in the physical appearance department.  If enough strong girls appear at auditions, it's possible she's up for being a cut.

• Love 7

watching the pro bowl game.. haven't seen Amy or Rowdy... Zeke looks like he lost a little weight..

Also - shortly after kickoff, .. sadness to the breaking news.. Prayers go out to the Bryant Family.  😢 ✝️

Edited by sATL

The TCC who said her highlight as a Laker girl/cheerleader was Kobe's retirement , made the DCC team, right ?

Boy - every moment and event the ladies are able to attend is precious... 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

https://instagram.com/stories/bradbroz/2229572242103493096?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=b5fqeksu7lb9

Posted in former DCCs thread, but wondering if Savannah is hurt.  Looks like she’s moving in pain during TS at Lauren’s wedding. Hope she’s ok.  

I think it may be just that she's in heels and being careful.  Most of the others are in bare feet.  Replied in the other thread as well.  Swipe through to video Christina shared.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I think it may be just that she's in heels and being careful.  Most of the others are in bare feet.  Replied in the other thread as well.  Swipe through to video Christina shared.

I really miss Lauren. 

• Love 22

Lauren's rookie year:

Kelli - I think you're a big, bold performer.  Judy's seeing lots of mistakes.  I'll let her speak to you on that.

Judy - You're making a million mistakes

Thank goodness that they have group leaders to provide "clarity"🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

After watching ballet videos all day (especially ones about the Vaganova school in Russia or those featuring dancers trained in the Vaganova technique), I think it would do Victoria well to spend at least a year truly studying the technique and REALLY applying herself to it, especially if she was serious about improving and was willing to take critiques.  The Vaganova method focuses on involving the whole body in dance and works on building from the very beginning, with each step building on the ones before it.  Not that the other methods don't, but the Vaganova method "is founded upon the idea that when a dancer is introduced to a step, he or she will have developed the correct strength in foundation in order for their steps and movements to be successful. It is understood that this strength-building requires time and consistent hard work" to quote an article about the method.  One person even said that it was a thinking dancer's style because those who studied it were not only VERY well-trained, but able to adapt quickly and flawlessly to just about any other style out there due to that training.  

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

After watching ballet videos all day (especially ones about the Vaganova school in Russia or those featuring dancers trained in the Vaganova technique), I think it would do Victoria well to spend at least a year truly studying the technique and REALLY applying herself to it, especially if she was serious about improving and was willing to take critiques.  The Vaganova method focuses on involving the whole body in dance and works on building from the very beginning, with each step building on the ones before it.  Not that the other methods don't, but the Vaganova method "is founded upon the idea that when a dancer is introduced to a step, he or she will have developed the correct strength in foundation in order for their steps and movements to be successful. It is understood that this strength-building requires time and consistent hard work" to quote an article about the method.  One person even said that it was a thinking dancer's style because those who studied it were not only VERY well-trained, but able to adapt quickly and flawlessly to just about any other style out there due to that training.  

She says she's been taking classes in jazz/ballet at the Joffrey School of Ballet in Dallas.  How much does that usually run?

16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She says she's been taking classes in jazz/ballet at the Joffrey School of Ballet in Dallas.  How much does that usually run?

I don't know about cost, but the classes I saw on their website were all geared towards the 18-and-under crowd.  That school also looks to be the type aimed towards training the professional dancer.  If there are other classes (including those for the 19+ group), I didn't find them.  There very well may be other classes intended for the girl who isn't going the pre-professional route that aren't advertised on the website, but I don't know if a school that is aimed towards the pre-professional dancer will necessarily have classes that are open to outsiders (as in, people who aren't students and attending daily or near-daily classes).  Maybe there are satellite locations or something similar and someone from the Dallas area and/or someone who is more knowledgeable about the school can fill us in.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

https://instagram.com/stories/bradbroz/2229572242103493096?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=b5fqeksu7lb9

Posted in former DCCs thread, but wondering if Savannah is hurt.  Looks like she’s moving in pain during TS at Lauren’s wedding. Hope she’s ok.  

4 hours ago, go4luca said:

think it may be just that she's in heels and being careful.  Most of the others are in bare feet. 

Savannah was asked on IG if she was injured.  She said high heels and a short dress:). Next time she will wear her boots😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know about cost, but the classes I saw on their website were all geared towards the 18-and-under crowd.  That school also looks to be the type aimed towards training the professional dancer.  If there are other classes (including those for the 19+ group), I didn't find them.  There very well may be other classes intended for the girl who isn't going the pre-professional route that aren't advertised on the website, but I don't know if a school that is aimed towards the pre-professional dancer will necessarily have classes that are open to outsiders (as in, people who aren't students and attending daily or near-daily classes).  Maybe there are satellite locations or something similar and someone from the Dallas area and/or someone who is more knowledgeable about the school can fill us in.

I'm pretty sure the Joffrey Ballet in Dallas is only a summer intensive? The Joffrey school almost went under awhile back and is now very much a business....they still attract good dancers because of the name but it's really full of modern/Broadway types, as well as ballet. Teens that are going to Texas for ballet intensives usually have Houston Ballet as their goal.

I think the mix of styles is a good move and update for Joffrey, as even in NY, most dancers just want to get into their company, not have to go through the ranks of the school. (It's kind of like a family that had old money and prestige - but lost it, and is now riding on the family name!)

• Love 2
On 1/25/2020 at 3:08 AM, Pau84 said:

That’s what I thought.

Kelli is so busy with certain priorities that she loses sight of basic stuff. These girls should have star appeal. I understand that not all of them can have it but you do not put one of the most average girls you ever had on point and off to the Pro Bowl without any reflection.

I must say it is very similar to the Cowboys themselves. Having had the longest serving coach in the NFL without winning any titles is just like sending Amy to the Pro Bowl.

The best PBC, the one that stands out and catches my eye (IMO), is Victoria...(Alexandra's sister) of the NEP cheerleaders.  She's looked amazing!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, go4luca said:

Savannah's dress was really short and had a relatively deep v neckline PLUS she had on high heels...the others took their heels off...maybe Savannah just doesn't like being barefooted 🙂 I thought Brennan and Gabby looked adorable!!  Gina...whatever she's done with her hair and makeup...I hope it sticks because she looked fantastic!!!  Christina looks really good in her red dress and she danced pretty well in her heels 🙂 Kelsey Lowrance...OMG what has that girl done to herself?? She looked so much better when she was dark haired and not pumped full of silicone! I barely recognize her from her DCC days.  I thought all of the others looked great 🙂  They all seemed to have a great time being there for Lauren!  That being said...LAUREN!!! She looked amazing and like she was having the time of her life in the videos she posted (the one of her with the drum sticks where she jumps off the stage and gets on the floor with the girls was awesome!)... I'm not a "wedding" person and I would have LOVED to have been at this one.  She exuded joy and happiness...much like she did on the team.  No wonder she's one of my all time faves!!  I wish her many years of happiness!!

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, fawn said:

I'm pretty sure the Joffrey Ballet in Dallas is only a summer intensive? The Joffrey school almost went under awhile back and is now very much a business....they still attract good dancers because of the name but it's really full of modern/Broadway types, as well as ballet. Teens that are going to Texas for ballet intensives usually have Houston Ballet as their goal.

I think the mix of styles is a good move and update for Joffrey, as even in NY, most dancers just want to get into their company, not have to go through the ranks of the school. (It's kind of like a family that had old money and prestige - but lost it, and is now riding on the family name!)

I agree that Houston Ballet or Austin Ballet is where the teens who are looking for quality ballet summer intensives would aim for if they were interested in going to Texas.

As for Joffrey Ballet, many here might not know that there is only one true Joffrey Ballet (as in serious ballet training like you think of when you think of the name "Joffrey").  That Joffrey is in Chicago.  All of the other "Joffreys" that you hear about are not affiliated with the Chicago Joffrey.  I don't remember the exact details, but there is some reason that the "other" Joffrey is allowed to use the name, but they are NOT the same at all as far as quality or training.  The other Joffrey runs summer intensives in New York City and in many other locations around the country.  Their focus is much less on ballet and much more on jazz, Broadway style, tap, etc.  It is popular with competition dancers. They are also known to accept everyone to their summer intensives.   Anyway, I just wanted to clarify that if VK is training at Joffrey Ballet in Dallas, she is NOT training at the Joffrey that most people think of when they hear the name.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Just asking as a non-dancer, but is all this intensive ballet training really necessary?  To me, for the kinds of routines the DCC do, being a really technical dancer could be a detriment.  I'm thinking of Erin's 1st TC, or someone like Rock-a-Bye Brianna.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Just asking as a non-dancer, but is all this intensive ballet training really necessary?  To me, for the kinds of routines the DCC do, being a really technical dancer could be a detriment.  I'm thinking of Erin's 1st TC, or someone like Rock-a-Bye Brianna.

IMO, no, this intensive ballet training isn't necessary to be a DCC.  But ballet training is necessary to develop good technique (proper turnout, truly pointed feet, straight knees, strong core, etc.).  It is very obvious which DCC have spent time developing their technique through ballet and which haven't.  

• Love 14
17 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Kristin looks great here. She's in the boat of solid, dependable dancers but not full of power. She's clean and precise but I doubt she'd ever be a star DCC. The improvement from the first year she got to training cap is incredible though! 

I definitely agree that when they're trying out for their second year, they're more relaxed and confident. Just look at Brennan, who has similar improvements to Kristin.

Kristin definitely came back better. She’s a clean & precise dancer, she absolutely found confidence which is great. Hopefully she can build more power also. She does look great in that video. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, edelweiss said:

IMO, no, this intensive ballet training isn't necessary to be a DCC.  But ballet training is necessary to develop good technique (proper turnout, truly pointed feet, straight knees, strong core, etc.).  It is very obvious which DCC have spent time developing their technique through ballet and which haven't.  

Agree.  When I taught jazz to kids through adults, it was always obvious who had ballet training and who did not.  The ones who did had a much stronger core so could hold their turns and support high kicks.  The ones who did not, could not.

As for Erin (and to keep this somewhat about current DCC), when you've been trained predominantly in one style, it can be difficult for some to transition to another.  I myself went through this after years of ballet to learning tap.  Because I was so used to being pulled up for ballet, I had a hard time tapping.  I pretty much air tapped until I better learned how to use my plie and work closer to the floor.  But as Erin showed, with training and time, it can be done.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Who do you think will get rookie of the year? 

My vote is for Kat. 

I want Chandi but I doubt she will. I think Amanda should get it. I'm going to say Victoria though. They will use the whole, she was able to move into different spots blah blah blah. And really, I dont know the rest of them. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Agree.  When I taught jazz to kids through adults, it was always obvious who had ballet training and who did not.  The ones who did had a much stronger core so could hold their turns and support high kicks.  The ones who did not, could not.

As for Erin (and to keep this somewhat about current DCC), when you've been trained predominantly in one style, it can be difficult for some to transition to another.  I myself went through this after years of ballet to learning tap.  Because I was so used to being pulled up for ballet, I had a hard time tapping.  I pretty much air tapped until I better learned how to use my plie and work closer to the floor.  But as Erin showed, with training and time, it can be done.

I've not taken any dance classes in a couple of years but I can still kick fairly high and can do a triple pirouette. I'm nowhere near as technical as I was but I still have good turnout. Ballet is such a great foundation for any style of dance.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Do some of the girls overtrain for being a DCC? Is it best to just train at DCC once on the team? 

I don't think you can over train for anything - esp as an serious athlete.  Yes - take time/care to rest muscles, but there is always some kind of training/learning/studying that takes place.

• Kobe Bryant's off season workouts last over 6 hours a day: 2 hours running, 2 hours of shooting and skill conditioning, and 2 hours of weights/cardio. Kobe Bryant's routine is one of the longest and hardest workouts in the NBA. ( source )
  • Even when he (Payton) is not working, he’s working. At any point during a game when he’s on the sideline, you can see him studying the playbook. While most QBs watch and root their defense on, Manning makes sure he’s ready for his next outing to be the most efficient player he can be. He approaches his training with this attitude as well. ( source )
  • Last year ( 2015)  we ( Simone Biles  et al)  did cross-training. We swam twice a week—almost a mile! I swore I was going to drown, it was so hard, and then we would run. And the year before that we would bike 10 miles outside once a week. If we didn't bike, we would run a mile before practice, and as soon as we finished the mile we'd have to go inside and do a beam routine. ( source
  • As one of the most skilled ballerinas in the world, you can bet that Misty Copeland does everything she can to stay in peak condition. To keep her muscles strong and flexible, Copeland's daily training begins long before she puts on pointe shoes—she starts every morning with 20 relevés on each foot, which non-dancers might recognize as calf raises.  ( source
Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, edelweiss said:

As for Joffrey Ballet, many here might not know that there is only one true Joffrey Ballet (as in serious ballet training like you think of when you think of the name "Joffrey").  That Joffrey is in Chicago.  All of the other "Joffreys" that you hear about are not affiliated with the Chicago Joffrey.

thanks for clearing that up - I was curious, since I didn't think it was a franchise, but I wasn't sure enough about my own dance knowledge to say for sure.  I actually live a block away from the Joffrey Ballet (although I believe they have now moved).  I used to take walk-in basic ballet classes there on the weekends, but I haven't been to a class in ages now.  I think they also offered summer intensives, but I believe they were only for pre-professionals, and on an invitation-only basis. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Amanda, Kelcey or Chandi would do well for me. And Kristin Dodd is a favorite of mine, though not sure what others think of her? 🙂

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lona said:

Amanda, Kelcey or Chandi would do well for me. And Kristin Dodd is a favorite of mine, though not sure what others think of her? 🙂

My eyes also look for Kristin. She showed up at the first show after being cut, is not only about herself and seems very nice.

Her ubiquitous beauty elevates the whole team and she is one of the cheerleaders with a normal body, showing that you do not have to starve yourself to be on the team. She is a natural and she could be on Charlie’s Angels together with Amanda and Kelcey!

F5943024-6597-4322-9CD6-A0E699D79910.jpeg

• Love 19

Kristin is my favorite, and I agree about her new hair. She was gorgeous before. I also like Kelcy.

Can someone explain to me what all is involved in being the pro bowl cheerleader? I didn't realize it was such a big responsibility or opportunity. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

My vote is for Kat. 

My top three choices: Kelcey, Kristin, Chandi

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Looking at that picture of Kristin, WHY did TPTB think the striped look was a good idea? 

image.png.28a515b59cdfffc39163dcac2fbd7b9a.png

She looks so much better with her dark hair...this striped hair is just a NO.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Lona said:

Love Kristin.  She is not getting much spotlight, though.

• Love 3