Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Cause our eye is supposed to go straight towards Victoria. 

I don’t dislike Victoria...but this is getting ridiculous.  Pretty soon it’s going to be “Victoria! (and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders)”. All I can guess is that with a light class load (if any at all) and a part time job, she just happens to have the free time to be in every video or photo shoot. 

This is the main issue for me. They want all the girls to be multi-faceted and work hard yet almost penalise them for having jobs. 

Those who work full-time will only be available for weekday appearances, such as Brennan, Bridget and Heather, so we don't see them as much and it always feels like it counts against them. I'm just waiting for a vet to be cut because they turned down appearances or something.

VK has far more free time so she's rewarded for it. She's the only full-time DCC.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

All I can guess is that with a light class load (if any at all) and a part time job, she just happens to have the free time to be in every video or photo shoot. 

And she's the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  And Kelli is still trying to prove something to the fans who aren't happy about the favoritism.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, cgloss said:

The one Kat posted is better.

So much better. They should have used this one! People are even commenting on FB and insta that the photo they used is weird with Kat facing a different way

• Love 8
14 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

is anyone keeping count of all the rookies and how many time each one is photografted.  it seems to me that the only one I see is VK and Cat

I haven't, but then again, people would think that either Victoria and Kat are veterans or that they're the only rookies on the squad given how little we see the others in promos, on the official social media, or the DCC in Motion stuff.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Whilst it’s nice to see different faces, please stop doing tricks you can’t do. 

Other than Rachel A jumping her turn in the beginning around a little, what else did you see here that the girls didn't look like they could do? Most of the tricks here looked fine to me?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Other than Rachel A jumping her turn in the beginning around a little, what else did you see here that the girls didn't look like they could do? Most of the tricks here looked fine to me?

Christina's flexibilty on a side kick isn't great, Molly's rond de jambe isn't quite round enough. Alanna's fouettes are okay but then her split jump at the end of her solo part, she doesn't quite get the height or hit the proper split. Also their timing is off throughout as a five. 

I'm just extra picky, I know!

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Heather's start wasn't the best.....

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Christina's flexibilty on a side kick isn't great, Molly's rond de jambe isn't quite round enough. Alanna's fouettes are okay but then her split jump at the end of her solo part, she doesn't quite get the height or hit the proper split. Also their timing is off throughout as a five. 

I'm usually picky too, I get it!

I'm just happy for another video with NO VICTORIA!!!

• Love 13

I think the timing is just a product of how the music was laid over the video, but yeah I noticed that too. I thought Alanna’s split jump could’ve had more height, yeah, but I thought she hit 180 no problem? Maybe I need to watch it again 😂

The biggest and weirdest distraction to me is where they choose to film these #DCCinMotion videos.  Like, WHY the elevator lobby of this building?  It seems weird (and gross!) to be dancing barefoot on this marble floor, and the actual architecture itself isn't even pretty.

In the earlier videos, at least there was a pretty view and sunlight streaming in, but this time they are dancing barefoot (in basic warm up gear, no less) inside a Bank of America public waiting area.  In previous seasons, their outfits would be an "Airport DON’T"

If they are trying to showcase that these girls have talent in dance, they are doing them a disservice by having them dance in such odd locations.  I understand they want to show off the billions of dollars they put into The Star™, but it would look better (and more legitimate) if they just stuck to the dance studio!

PS- to the powers that be, if you're reading this, why not just have the girls perform their solos (or part of their solos) in the DCC training studio and post those instead?  Showcase one dancer a week and you've got 36 weeks of content right there!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 21
On 2/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Jesiklyn said:

DCC valentine's photo on insta. Cute photo but why is Kat staring at Vicki

Screenshot_20200215-093140_Instagram.jpg

Yeah, this was posted on Facebook too. Posters were wondering why Kat was staring at Victoria. Posters were also asking why DCC is always trying to force VK to the front and make her noticeable. It was not well received. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Namaste said:

Posters were wondering why Kat was staring at Victoria.

"Gee Grandma - what big teeth you have!!!!"'

"Maybe if I smile at you and pretend to like you, I can use that cane again in my solo routine and no one will care"

"Thank you for saying you sneak into DCC camps.  People stopped talking about my stupid IG post!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

this photo seems stretched. Kat's hair bad. VK sucking in a lot. Alexis hmmm. Not the best photo.

I think it’s the angle cause she looks tiny in her dress from Lauren’s wedding 

4 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

I don't care for Kat's hair. The length and the color looks old and drab.  

Alexis darling your top has lost more of the fabric I'm afraid.  😏

Boobs for days lol I still like her tho 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

I don't care for Kat's hair. The length and the color looks old and drab.  

Alexis darling your top has lost more of the fabric I'm afraid.  😏

This is a terrible picture.  None of them look DCC glam.  Kat’s hair...OMG!!   Drab is right!  Maddie’s hair looks like it’s still wet, VK is sucking in so much she may pass out any minute, Bess looks like she has bags under her eyes, Alexis...did she get a boob job she’s trying to show off and where is her make-up??  Even Brennan is looking down her bridge so much, her eyes make her look mean.   

• Love 8
On 2/15/2020 at 9:25 AM, Jesiklyn said:

So much better. They should have used this one! People are even commenting on FB and insta that the photo they used is weird with Kat facing a different way

It looks like VK may have put on a bit of stomach pudge hence why they posted the other photo cause the balloon and her sleeve are covering her stomach. It's why she's so sucking in so much in the group photo. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

It looks like VK may have put on a bit of stomach pudge hence why they posted the other photo cause the balloon and her sleeve are covering her stomach. It's why she's so sucking in so much in the group photo. 

She has said on her IG she walks and takes ballet for a leg workout.  Calendar is in three months, so she may want to do something different.  Unless Kelli just has her hide behind a beach ball.  Of course, Kelli will be standing right behind the photographers for every photo shoot.  Or Tina:)

47 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Boobs for days lol I still like her tho 

Alexis is just stunning!

21 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Even Brennan is looking down her bridge so much, her eyes make her look mean.

But those abs!!!!!!!

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

This is a terrible picture.  None of them look DCC glam.  Kat’s hair...OMG!!   Drab is right!  Maddie’s hair looks like it’s still wet, VK is sucking in so much she may pass out any minute, Bess looks like she has bags under her eyes, Alexis...did she get a boob job she’s trying to show off and where is her make-up??  Even Brennan is looking down her bridge so much, her eyes make her look mean.   

She does look washed out for sure 

4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

5412585D-B578-44B6-81A0-F3EE0BE0D00F.jpeg

This is not the greatest glam photo of all time, just five pretty girls quickly posing. If a photographer is not willing to put in the right amount of preparation into it, then this is the type of photo you get.

As a Victoria neutral, leaning to positive, person, I cannot stop seeing her front and center weight gain. Will this get out of hand?

Also, will Victoria say something that could hurt the DCC brand?

A gaffe looms above Victoria, waiting to happen.

If this happens, I hope everybody can keep reminding themselves that the A+++ Victoria-fallacy did not stem from Victoria but from Kelli and Tina. Victoria is just a little girl who loves her family and who started to perceive standing front and center for real affection and attention. I hope that Victoria learns to love herself for the person who she is, not the persona she is meant to be.
#SaveVictoria

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I'm shocked that they actually sent her on a public appearance. It's a rarity, isn't it? 

She does them.  It’s just that they all post pics in their stories most of the time, so they are easy to miss.

19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

5412585D-B578-44B6-81A0-F3EE0BE0D00F.jpeg

Brennan looks good, if possessed, here due to the angle of her head/face.  She needs to watch that.  Otherwise, she looks good.

Alexis looks ready to pop out of her blouse.  She needs less of a push-up and more of a hold-in bra.  Otherwise, she looks good.

Tess looks stiff and has a somewhat pained look on her face.  It doesn't suit her.  However, she's the most natural of the girls and looks fabulous.

Victoria looks to be sucking it in big time and yet holding her breath.  It doesn't suit her.  She also looks bigger in the hips but that could be the angle.  She may have gained some weight and is trying to hide it.  Looks pretty and decent, but not natural in the slightest.

Maddie looks like she's in the best shape she's ever been but yet, I find how she's holding her head, as well as her facial expression, to be forced and not natural.  Overall, pretty and pleasant, but no personality.

Kate should lose the wig or get it fixed and fast.  She reminds me of a very pretty black girl who, for lack of a better phrase (and please don't kill me for this) of "the black girl who's trying to be white".   She looked fabulous with darker hair.  She's also smoking hot physically though she could use some work on the personality and maturity.

Frankly, I wish Kelli would allow black girls (and everyone else) on the squad to have their natural hair.  She's SO stuck on the long, flowing locks that don't work on many girls.  There are currently 2 girls on the squad with shoulder length or shorter hair (Amy and Christina) and 2 girls with curlier hair (Maddy and Cianna though Amanda's hair could be wavy as well as curly).  That's a fifth or fewer of the squad who DON'T have the "DCC style" in terms of long, flowing, wavy (but not curly) hair.  Most of the rest have long wavy hair that's some version of blonde, brown or brunette.  The squad also needs an infusion of girls who represent the REST of the world.  Where are the rest of the black girls, the Middle Easter, the Native American, Latina, etc. girls?  There surely must be SOME in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex who are fabulous dancers and have the figure that Kelli claims she wants, if not somewhere else in the world.  Either they're not showing up at auditions (which is possible/likely) or Kelli is choosing not to have them in Training Camp (which is also a distinct possibility) or both.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Brennan looks good, if possessed, here due to the angle of her head/face.  She needs to watch that.  Otherwise, she looks good.

Alexis looks ready to pop out of her blouse.  She needs less of a push-up and more of a hold-in bra.  Otherwise, she looks good.

Tess looks stiff and has a somewhat pained look on her face.  It doesn't suit her.  However, she's the most natural of the girls and looks fabulous.

Victoria looks to be sucking it in big time and yet holding her breath.  It doesn't suit her.  She also looks bigger in the hips but that could be the angle.  She may have gained some weight and is trying to hide it.  Looks pretty and decent, but not natural in the slightest.

Maddie looks like she's in the best shape she's ever been but yet, I find how she's holding her head, as well as her facial expression, to be forced and not natural.  Overall, pretty and pleasant, but no personality.

Kate should lose the wig or get it fixed and fast.  She reminds me of a very pretty black girl who, for lack of a better phrase (and please don't kill me for this) of "the black girl who' trying to be white".   She looked fabulous with darker hair.  She's also smoking hot physically though she could use some work on the personality and maturity.

Frankly, I wish Kelli would allow black girls (and everyone else) on the squad to have their natural hair.  She's SO stuck on the long, flowing locks that don't work on many girls.  There are currently 2 girls on the squad with shoulder length or shorter hair (Amy and Christina) and 3 girls with curly hair (Maddy, Cianna and Amanda).  That's a fifth or fewer of the squad who DON'T have the "DCC style).  Most of the rest have long wavy hair that's some version of blonde, brown or brunette.  The squad also needs an infusion of girls who represent the REST of the world.  Where are the rest of the black girls, the Middle Easter, the Native American, Latina, etc. girls?  There surely must be SOME in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex who are fabulous dancers and have the figure that Kelli claims she wants, if not somewhere else in the world.  Either they're not showing up at auditions (which is possible/likely) or Kelli is choosing not to have them in Training Camp (which is also a distinct possibility) or both.

It’s time to call a spade a spade. DCC isn’t diverse because they choose not to be diverse. If anyone actually believes that the life likes of taylor p, meredith, christina, savannah, lily, and countless others are better dancers AND speakers AND ambassadors than ANY other woman of color that has auditioned, I also have a bridge to sell you. we can enjoy dcc for what it is-pageantry, beautiful women, and drama. but let’s not kid ourselves and think this team is the beacon of any progressive or fresh thinking. kat, briana, and ashlee probably know that the only way to be on this team is to “blend” into the standard of dcc beauty, which is long hair and skinny. the typical woman of color has a butt and hips and not 22 inch hair. this isn’t just conjecture or my opinion, I know several women who have been on this team and this is a general consensus. 

also, not arguing with you ericashadows, more or less agreeing with you! 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, dccfan321 said:

It’s time to call a spade a spade. DCC isn’t diverse because they choose not to be diverse. If anyone actually believes that the life likes of taylor p, meredith, christina, savannah, lily, and countless others are better dancers AND speakers AND ambassadors than ANY other woman of color that has auditioned, I also have a bridge to sell you. we can enjoy dcc for what it is-pageantry, beautiful women, and drama. but let’s not kid ourselves and think this team is the beacon of any progressive or fresh thinking. kat, briana, and ashlee probably know that the only way to be on this team is to “blend” into the standard of dcc beauty, which is long hair and skinny. the typical woman of color has a butt and hips and not 22 inch hair. this isn’t just conjecture or my opinion, I know several women who have been on this team and this is a general consensus. 

also, not arguing with you ericashadows, more or less agreeing with you! 

Oh, I know you aren't arguing with me.  I'm about as lily white as can be, but find that there are SO many absolutely gorgeous women of color who are FAR more talented than me is SO many areas (including dance) that it is ridiculous that Kelli couldn't find more of them worthy enough to be on the squad.  In fact, there are probably so many of them that have the same leadership qualities (minus the favoritism and nepotism) that Kelli has as well as an equal or greater intelligence, beauty, grace, charm, strength, charisma, and everything else that a woman in business (especially a woman of color in business) that I'd be willing to put any of them at the head of the DCC.  Heck, look at Jackie Bob, Jacie, Sasha, Veronica, and several other, former, DCC that could step into the role if they so chose.  ANYONE new at the helm over Kelli would likely bring a much needed change, especially after the past three sh*t-show years.  World Class has left the building long ago and Kelli still doesn't know it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Finally Briana!!! 😍

She's so sweet:)  She was in my neck of the woods the other day and I suggested a donut place she should try.  She DM'd me back and said she was on the way there...LOL!!  The next day, she was off to try a different donut place that she was told about - the Blue Star:)

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They are still doing the pop leg I gotta pee pose

It's such a dancer pose growing up (I think it's meant to make your legs look longer or something) that I still do it as an adult in all photos!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It's such a dancer pose growing up (I think it's meant to make your legs look longer or something) that I still do it as an adult in all photos!

Yes, definitely a dancer pose!  It creates some shape and makes your legs look longer (usually).

• Love 3

I noticed that the former DCC do it in almost all their photos, too.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Is it that the placement is off?  Her forehead looks oddly low in that picture.

Yes, it looks like it's low as well but she might just be tipping her head down.  "Thirsty" means it looks really dry.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

"Thirsty" means it looks really dry.

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant, I only quoted you because your comment was the most recent one I saw on Kat's hair 🙂  I wonder whose idea it is/was to make her hair so light, she looks so much better as a brunette IMO.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant, I only quoted you because your comment was the most recent one I saw on Kat's hair 🙂  I wonder whose idea it is/was to make her hair so light, she looks so much better as a brunette IMO.

Agreed...the light hair washes her out and makes her look older.  She's very pretty and I wish they'd let her go back to dark brunette. 

• Love 10