Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, allitator said:

I thought Madeline Salter was super gorgeous and seemed very humble.  I really hope that she comes back with more power next year, because I think she has everything else.

Me too I liked her a lot ... I can understand how Amy gave off a vibe she had wished Madeline finished at the dance college and then tried out she would have been stronger ... I am hoping she comes back stronger like Erin did 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, allitator said:

I thought Madeline Salter was super gorgeous and seemed very humble.  I really hope that she comes back with more power next year, because I think she has everything else.

I thought she was beautiful and could certainly get the dance type if she wanted.  I also got an Anne Lutz personality type.  I don't know that she would ever be a CharJo fav.  Plus, honestly, she could do better.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, lah715 said:

wow didnt know that thanks! I would never guess she would have a weight issue ... interesting ...

You could see it during the calendar shoot, though of course she still looked amazing.  She carried it pretty well but was definitely thicker than when she had tried out.  I think it was just a temporary blip for her after the relationship she moved to Dallas for had ended.  Love following her career as the Raiderette's coach!  (Tho boooo Raiders.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Didn't Madeline Salter say she'd be back this season? I hope she does and I also hope that Shaina Grace comes back as well after the tragedy last year.  I would love to see Geena Rojas audition again (made finals but not TC) She was adorable!! 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Didn't Madeline Salter say she'd be back this season? I hope she does and I also hope that Shaina Grace comes back as well after the tragedy last year.  I would love to see Geena Rojas audition again (made finals but not TC) She was adorable!! 🙂 

I hope so too. A lot happens in a year so hope the passion is still there. Oh, I forgot about Shaina and she made it pretty far in  training camp.  She will be probably be back. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lona said:

I know many weren't that impressed with her, but I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor T. try again. Terrible media day aside, I feel that if she improved enough in that area she could in fact be a DCC good ambassador. I feel like her dancing is there, and she would be fun to see on the sidelines. Just my two cents. Maybe third time's the charm?

Also would like to see Madeline again. First go around wasn't perfect, but I feel she has the potential to become a fan favorite if she improves her dancing and maintains the good attitude she had throughout last year's training camp.

Which one was Taylor T? What did she say during media day? 

There was another shorter, long-haired blonde at training camp... her name I can’t recall.  Don’t even remember why she was cut. She was rarely featured... dang it is going to bother me. 

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
17 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Which one was Taylor T? What did she say during media day? 

There was another shorter, long-haired blonde at training camp... her name I can’t recall.  Don’t even remember why she was cut. She was rarely featured... dang it is going to bother me. 

She's the one who bombed the "Me Too" question in media day in 2018.  She auditioned again last year but didn't make it back into training camp. 

image.png

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 7:00 PM, MyFavShows said:

A huge portion of that stuff was never been proven in a way that can be objectively verified.  Yes she gained weight in training camp, but all that stuff about her lying and blaming Jinelle and tattling on others has not been.  It’s mostly rumors on here that people can chose to believe or not believe.

Despite the generous edit on CMT, I saw enough that corroborated the insider’s stories about her.  YMMV. 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:53 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I also think that Victoria is a solid middle of the pack DCC. Definitely not the worst (for me in recent years that was the Jessika that looked like Lauren Conrad). Victoria is pretty, tall, and bright with a big smile and a decent grasp on power Pom dancing.

But she’s definitely not the best. And that’s what I don’t like - this narrative that she’s this amazing dancer. I actually feel like the DCC In Motion have done her a complete disservice. Before she was lost in the crowd of poms and hair flips and ‘sexy hips’ and flirty dance faces. For me, DCC In Motion has really highlighted that her skills just do not compare to Caroline, Amber, or Gina. I don’t blame Victoria for that. I blame the TPTB.  

Well said and I completely agree. 

On 1/29/2020 at 6:52 AM, hannahbanana said:

The difference is is that there isn't a group of staunch pro-Maddie posters taking exception & posting rebuttals to every post that is critical of Maddie insisting that it isn't so because she's the best of the best/can do no wrong. So, instead of page after page of back and forth over every criticism, there's a few posts back and forth & then people move on to something else.

Ah yes, the Lone Rangers riding to her rescue. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Despite the generous edit on CMT, I saw enough that corroborated the insider’s stories about her.  YMMV. 

Well said and I completely agree. 

Her "white knights".

• Love 3

So then should we start referring her to as Scout?

I get that people want to defend Victoria, but this is for sure one place she screwed up big time.

If she didn't have an issue - why would she (Victoria herself) entertain questions posed to her regarding her thyroid on her IG. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

If she didn't have an issue - why would she (Victoria herself) entertain questions posed to her regarding her thyroid on her IG. 

Um . . . just a guess but to try and cover her ass and try and convince people that she didn’t lie (when she clearly did).

She’s far from being the sharpest tool in the shed. 

• Love 16

Um . . . just a guess but to try and cover her ass and try and convince people that she didn’t lie (when she clearly did).

She’s far from being the sharpest tool in the shed. 

IIRC - in the meeting, she was asked about her weight gain. Yet - nothing about a possible thyroid condition was mentioned, until the issue with appointment and Jinelle was "leaked" here - correct? 

If her "thyroid" was only mentioned here (and not shown on the show) - isn't she like fueling the fire, regarding the truth about her "lie?"

I also LOL at anyone who believes a nutritionist can prescribe meds and if someone had a condition - would stop taking the meds. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, lah715 said:

Its not going to be VK 🙄 but for all the pouting about her ... at least she is there because she wants to and not a user can we say Kalyssa  or quitters Alexandria or Milan ... I dont get why you go through camp take a spot someone else would have love to have and then leave?  BTW did Mandy actually finish her rookie year ???

Thanks for the laugh. One of the best defenses of Vic yet -- she stayed the whole year -- woohoo, what a rock star!

What's next? "She's the best -- she didn't blow out her knee like that slacker Gina."

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

At least two insiders who consistently post reliable spoilers have confirmed this to be true.  Aside from that, if it weren't true, then the conversation that was shown between Kelli, Jinelle and Victoria would make absolutely no sense.  I get that people want to defend Victoria, but this is for sure one place she screwed up big time.

At least one of those insiders said VK studio hopped and that the Kalinas were super wealthy.   When both things have been proven false.  So keep that in mind.

• LOL 5
17 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Thanks for the laugh. One of the best defenses of Vic yet -- she stayed the whole year -- woohoo, what a rock star!

What's next? "She's the best -- she didn't blow out her knee like that slacker Gina."

The year isn't over yet...there is still time 😜 Or, I hope.

• LOL 7
12 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

IIRC - in the meeting, she was asked about her weight gain. Yet - nothing about a possible thyroid condition was mentioned, until the issue with appointment and Jinelle was "leaked" here - correct? 

If her "thyroid" was only mentioned here (and not shown on the show) - isn't she like fueling the fire, regarding the truth about her "lie?"

I also LOL at anyone who believes a nutritionist can prescribe meds and if someone had a condition - would stop taking the meds. 

The only thing clear in that meeting was that VK did not reply to texts Jinelle sent her regarding setting up or going to an apt w/ a nutritionist (assume worst case it was going).    Kelli was upset that VK didn’t respond to her and take her help.  Then VK said that stuff about her not wanting help from Jinelle cause she never had a weight issue.   Jinelle said if you didn’t want you should have just said so and then VK apologized.

If the thyroid stuff is all stemming from something on her instagram, what does that even have to do with DCC or Jinelle?

And none of the stuff about tattling has ever even been close to being confirmed on the show.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

The only thing clear in that meeting was that VK did not reply to texts Jinelle sent her regarding setting up or going to an apt w/ a nutritionist (assume worst case it was going).    Kelli was upset that VK didn’t respond to her and take her help.  Then VK said that stuff about her not wanting help from Jinelle cause she never had a weight issue.   Jinelle said if you didn’t want you should have just said so and then VK apologized.

If the thyroid stuff is all stemming from something on her instagram, what does that even have to do with DCC or Jinelle?

And none of the stuff about tattling has ever even been class to being confirmed on the show.

It was leaked here that she lied about a missed appointment for her thyroid before anything aired. It was never stated on air that the appointment was regarding a thyroid issue, but later, when asked, Victoria confirmed it was a thyroid issue on instagram. If the insiders here are making stuff up out of thin air, then they sure made a lucky guess.

Edited by Jennv
Sp
  • Love 19
31 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm curious.  How many here believe Vic lost her weight through diet/nutrition and exercise?

I know I don't.

Her Facebook profile still says she works at Cowboys Fit.  She must be teaching classes there to afford a membership🙄

• LOL 8

Tiffany - the gal who made it to finals last year and gave us all BTS info on her IG stories - said she doesn't know yet if she will try out this year.  

7 hours ago, dccdancefan said:

I'm hoping Katy from UCLA tries out again.  I thought she was really talented and had a fun personality

Here is what she looked like three weeks ago, so hopefully she is planning on it.

• Love 21

It was leaked here that she lied about a missed appointment for her thyroid before anything aired. It was never stated on air that the appointment was regarding a thyroid issue, but later, when asked, Victoria confirmed it was a thyroid issue on instagram. If the insiders here are making stuff up out of thin air, then they sure made a lucky guess.

Thank you - that's the point I was trying to make.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was still laughing over the Lone Ranger comment. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Was just going through and editing a word file with the current squad's names.

Does this look correct?

VETERANS

1. Alanna Tarango

2. Alexis Pederson

3. Amber McMillen

4. Amy (Leonall) Feril

5. Ashee Ford

6. Brennan Cook

7. Briana Baisden

8. Bridget Jacob

9. Caroline Sundvold

10. Christina Riccelli

11. Cianna Levi

12. Daphne Janes

13. Erin Sauerhage

14. Gina Ligi

15. Hannah Anderson

16. Heather O'Connor

17. Jalyn Stough

18. Lexi (Sullivan) Smith

19. Madeline Massengill

20. Madeline Molloy

21. Miranda Timms

22. Molly Neumeister

23. Rachel Alexander

24. Rachel Wyatt

25. Savannah Heineken

26. Taylor Johnson

27. Tess Guidry

ROOKIES

1. Amanda Dilks

2. Chandi Dayle

3. Kat Puryear

4. Kelcey Wetterberg

5. Kristen Dodd

6. Lily Johnson

7. Lisa Mills

8. Meredith Madden

9. Taylor Pederson

10. Victoria Kalina

• Love 6
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

At least one of those insiders said VK studio hopped and that the Kalinas were super wealthy.   When both things have been proven false.  So keep that in mind.

IMO there was no “proof” to this. Someone stating it is not anymore proof than when it happens the opposite way. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

IMO there was no “proof” to this. Someone stating it is not anymore proof than when it happens the opposite way. 

It was stated that she was teaching at her to pay for her lessons because the family could not afford them. I dont believe that. I believe she taught there, but not because her family is one step up from poverty snd she had to teach for the money. I think it is more likely she taught because she wanted too, for the experience. I would think that teaching would be good experience for someone wanting to pursue a dance career. Maybe she wants to have her own studio someday, like Amy.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

It was stated that she was teaching at her to pay for her lessons because the family could not afford them. I dont believe that. I believe she taught there, but not because her family is one step up from poverty snd she had to teach for the money. I think it is more likely she taught because she wanted too, for the experience. I would think that teaching would be good experience for someone wanting to pursue a dance career. Maybe she wants to have her own studio someday, like Amy.

I don’t buy it either! 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Someone asked Victoria about her thyroid on IG and Victoria herself responded that she does have this condition,  but that she stopped taking her medication because it made her sick. We got the thyroid info right from her mouth, so here is the verification. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tiffany - the gal who made it to finals last year and gave us all BTS info on her IG stories - said she doesn't know yet if she will try out this year.  

Here is what she looked like three weeks ago, so hopefully she is planning on it.

They should have listened to Charm LOL!!! She told them she would tighten up

• Love 4

REMINDER: Per the first mod note in this thread, This is not the place for petty squabbles.  It is OK if someone likes someone you don't like - and vise versa.  Your posts must be about the show/current team and NOT each other.  This thread is on a short leash.  We suggest you make use of the Ignore feature.  If you don't know how to use it, instructions are here.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, kariyaki said:

Ok, I want to be clear that this topic is supposed to be for what its title entails: current squad and their social media. This is not a catch-all stream of consciousness topic.

Commentary about the DCC organization, reruns on Pluto TV, women who used to be on the DCC, all have their own topics and do not belong in here. 

It is also not a stage for petty squabbles. It’s ok if someone likes someone you don’t like— and vice versa.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 1/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, go4luca said:

I'm curious.  How many here believe Vic lost her weight through diet/nutrition and exercise?

I know I don't.

Victoria looked a tad thick (by DCC standards) in her videos last March, and was much thinner by auditions in May.  I think she's taking appetite suppressants and possibly did a quick weight loss diet.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rungirl46 said:

Victoria looked a tad thick (by DCC standards) in her videos last March, and was much thinner by auditions in May.  I think she's taking appetite suppressants and possibly did a quick weight loss diet.  

To be fair, MOST of the girls on the team are staying thin through unhealthy means. I wish some news organization would do an expose or something on it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
On 1/31/2020 at 8:37 PM, dccdancefan said:

I'm hoping Katy from UCLA tries out again.  I thought she was really talented and had a fun personality

Girl lemme tell you Katy better come back tight and right next year. She looks  fun!!!!! I want to see her kill it 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

To be fair, MOST of the girls on the team are staying thin through unhealthy means. I wish some news organization would do an expose or something on it. 

A million times this. I swear, there are only three women (Kelli, Judy, Char) on the planet that care that the DCC are so thin.  As long as everyone can kick! 😂

• Love 14
On 1/31/2020 at 10:11 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I hope she does try out again!  I loved her but could understand why they opted not to take her to training camp.  She's looking pretty fit!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, omgtv said:

A million times this. I swear, there are only three women (Kelli, Judy, Char) on the planet that care that the DCC are so thin.  As long as everyone can kick! 😂

I'm not so sure about that. There are quite a few posts on here about girls looking "thick" or "puffy" in uniform when they've maybe gained a 1/2 pound or it's just normal monthly fluctuations (or, more importantly, they happen to be exhaling during a pic 😲). Of course, if the "standard" wasn't set so low by the TPTB & normal weight was more the norm, those comments probably wouldn't be so prevalent here.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree. I can’t imagine the pressure of maintaining whatever magic number TPTB come up with and also feeling confident in the uniform.  On top of that, maintaining perfection under the microscope of critical fans who look for the slightest hint of pudge or “flab”.

I know it’s what they sign up for and this isn’t unique to cheerleading/DCC, but it still makes me a little sad for them.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Does anyone have a list of the TCCs that got cut last year? I can't remember some of them as certain ones got more airtime than others!

Gina Marie 

Ashlee H

Alexandra

Julia

Shaina

Bret

Lauren

Madeline S

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Gina Marie 

Ashlee H

Alexandra

Julia

Shaina

Bret

Lauren

Madeline S

Thank you! 

I think I'd like Gina Marie, Shaina, Bret and Madeline S to try out again and hopefully make it. Gina Marie and Madeline S just needed more time in the DCC style and I thought Bret and Shaina should've made it. I can understand if Shaina doesn't come back though.

Ashley and Julia just give me bitchy vibes, like most of the Mavs dancers do. Alexandra seems lovely and has potential but probably needs to accept that after 5 years, this might not be the path for her. I don't even remember Lauren at all.

I'd also love Katy from UCLA to try out again. She had all the attributes to be a DCC, provided she can keep her weight maintained. 

• Love 9