Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I think Lily may get ROTY because she is a veteran favorite. 

I think it will be her too, but she is about as boring and unsexy as they come.  Vets seem to like her though - plus didn’t she live w/ some vets last season even though not on the team and just hung around while training?  She probably developed relationships during that time - that will get her some votes along w/ her general underdog who overcame adversity narrative.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I think it will be her too, but she is about as boring and unsexy as they come.  Vets seem to like her though - plus didn’t she live w/ some vets last season even though not on the team and just hung around while training?  She probably developed relationships during that time - that will get her some votes along w/ her general underdog who overcame adversity narrative.

Good points and very well could be Lily.

• Love 2

Ummm we had nipplegate now we have nipplegate 2.0 & this one requires nothing more then a quick glance ummmm Gina’s dress here for Lauren’s wedding you can see through it & she’s about to pop out of it... just sayin...  Wowza... scroll through for some reason it wouldn’t let me attach it here...

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She lives with Alanna and Alanna is very popular amongst her large rookie group. Huge advantage. Besides, Lily seems like a big sweetheart. If it’s a popularity type pick, she got it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Ummm we had nipplegate now we have nipplegate 2.0 & this one requires nothing more then a quick glance ummmm Gina’s dress here for Lauren’s wedding you can see through it & she’s about to pop out of it... just sayin...  Wowza... scroll through for some reason it wouldn’t let me attach it here...

So Gina and Savannah's dresses yikes ... what were they thinking 

12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

TPTB can override the vote of the girls -- hence, Victoria will likely win ROTY, which is ironic given that she is the LEAST liked person on the whole squad.

Or seems maybe LEAST like person on this board 😏 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If the squad likes her so much, where are all her BFF photos? 

It's weird how lacking that content is.  If Victoria wins ROTY, I will forever believe TPTB  overrode the popular vote.

Exactly.  Just look at how few of her teammates commented on the Spotlight pix that DCC posted of her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If the squad likes her so much, where are all her BFF photos? 

It's weird how lacking that content is.  If Victoria wins ROTY, I will forever believe TPTB  overrode the popular vote.

Has anyone considered maybe she feels isolated ... I feel bad for her ... if she was not known she would not be such a target for mean posts ... social media has made it clear that anyone that dares to befriend her is a suck up or open to the same social media hazing.  She is not going to get ROTY .. its gonna be Lily ... 🙄

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Any isolation she feels is 100% attributable to her own actions.  I have zero pity for her -- well maybe a little for Tina as a mother.

Exactly.

Any legacy knows going in they are going to be under the microscope.  So when I see someone shoved down our throats and given Gina's spot ahead of better veteran dancers, then no, I can't consider how isolated they feel.  I'm guessing nor can many other ladies on the squad. 

A legacy knows going in it isn't going to be easy.  It was her choice to audition.  Along with Tina's.

• Love 9

This team is a special sisterhood, and the teammates will make friends for life. At least that is what I’ve heard.  It would be hard to believe someone feels isolated amongst the team, and that the girls would stay away from another sister because she isn’t popular in part of the online world. If someone feels isolated, it is probably another reason or reasons.  Sounds like the whole team could use a Dale Carnegie course! 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Exactly.

Any legacy knows going in they are going to be under the microscope.  So when I see someone shoved down our throats and given Gina's spot ahead of better veteran dancers, then no, I can't consider how isolated they feel.  I'm guessing nor can many other ladies on the squad. 

A legacy knows going in it isn't going to be easy.  It was her choice to audition.  Along with Tina's.

Wow tough group ...  As for being stuffed down your throats ... that was CMT's choice ... notice this year because there was no drama from her so they latched on to Merideth and Kat . 

I am not easily swayed by editing to make assumptions about a person ... or hear say by "anonymous insiders".  This girl has done nothing to gain such disdain ... yes she has a foot in the door for being a legacy but beyond that what exactly has she done??? Its not like she pushed someone down the stairs or had a knee taken out to gain a spot .... if we are talking show group (again) that is on Kelly and Company. 

Anyway we saw the judges they were brutal first year and yes that was Kelly's choice to put her into training camp anyway just like her other pet projects that dont turn out (Briana) ...at least she came back prepared and more mature ...  judges noticed that .. some of the negative social media post come off as jealousy and petty . 

No I am not Tina and no I am not a friend of the family ... I am someone that does not have horse in this race as to where anyone is in the triangle or show group ... just an avid watcher of the show 😏

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TxBex said:

I agree, but I don't even think it's a legacy issue though. Victoria gives off a level of entitlement that I didn't feel with Dayton or Madeline Salter. Her preferential treatment by Aunt Kellie has given her show group, triangle positions,  social media exposure, etc. before more deserving DCC vets . Every DCC accomplishment she has comes with an asterisk because it's been handed to her, and not rightfully earned. If she feels isolated, she has no one to blame but Victoria. She doesn't exactly come across as concerned with anyone but herself.

I think the reason it comes off as entitled is drama from CMT ... had the cameras been the other legacy Meredeth (Season 2) constantly we might have a different opinion about her. There is assumption of special treatment but no one knows that truly if so she would have been put on first season no matter what ... special treatment would be say blowing out your knee and sitting out all season and still being kept on (Brooke) that still gets to me.

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Nor am I.  Having worked in the film industry since 1988, I am far too familiar with the tricks of editing. 

Everyone's milage will vary.  I'm not here to convince anyone.  I've made my judgment of Victoria based on many things.  My own eyes and gut have rarely failed me.  That is enough for me. 

Agreed I have no real feeling if she is or not on the team ...everyone will have a different opinion that what makes the boards so great ... if there is unnecessary roughness that gets to me though 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Agreed I have no real feeling if she is or not on the team ...everyone will have a different opinion that what makes the boards so great ... if there is unnecessary roughness that gets to me though 

I've learned to get some fresh air and let it go.  For sanity reasons.  Plus my Lab enjoys the one on one play time. 😉

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Some of these comments are hilarious!

You can blame the VK dislike on editing, but keep in mind that most of VK's ridiculousness hasn't even been shown.  Specifically, things "editing" didn't do:

--Show Victoria lying about a medical condition;

--Show Victoria lying about going to the Dr. regarding said medical condition;

--Show Victoria blaming Jinelle when her lies were uncovered;

--Show Victoria winning a "Barbie" two years in a row despite being unable to do a simple turn without falling out;

--Show Victoria running to Kelli with gossip about the other girls.  

But yeah, editing MUST the reason we dislike Victoria.  It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that she made training camp one year, and then proceeded to gain a massive amount of weight.  Then told multiple lies to excuse the weight gain and finally, when Kelli had NO CHOICE, she was cut.  Only to come back next year -- still unable to do a simple turn and with sloppy technique -- to not only make the team, but make SG AND get a plum spot in the triangle that she totally doesn't deserve.  Yeah, must be the editing!   :eyeroll

A huge portion of that stuff was never been proven in a way that can be objectively verified.  Yes she gained weight in training camp, but all that stuff about her lying and blaming Jinelle and tattling on others has not been.  It’s mostly rumors on here that people can chose to believe or not believe.

And we have no evidence at all that VK didn’t deserve her Barbies.  If she did that solo from her DCC in motion, IMO it’s the opposite - looked like a beautiful solo and better than a lot of other “Barbie winners” I’ve seen - for ex. some of Maddies.   Plus a person falling out of turns in a few tidbits of reality show footage doesn’t completely discredit them as a dancer.  Every guest choreographer gave VK stickers this year as did all the GLs.   That part was verifiable.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 17
15 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

A huge portion of that stuff was never been proven in a way that can be objectively verified.  Yes she gained weight in training camp, but all that stuff about her lying and blaming Jinelle and tattling on others has not been.  It’s mostly rumors on here that people can chose to believe or not believe.

And we have no evidence at all that VK didn’t deserve her Barbies.  If she did that solo from her DCC in motion, IMO it’s the opposite - looked like a beautiful solo and better than a lot of other “Barbie winners” I’ve seen - for ex. some of Maddies.   Plus a person falling out of turns in a few tidbits of reality show footage doesn’t completely discredit them as a dancer.  Every guest choreographer gave VK stickers this year as did all the GLs.   That part was verifiable.

I think there was a post on one of Victoria's Instagram posts about the thyroid and the doctor's visits, etc., and she replied to it saying that she indeed "has a thyroid condition" and that the nutritionist prescribed medication for it, but that Victoria didn't like the way the medication made her feel so she took herself off the medication.  Ummm . . . . yeah, so much for the thyroid claim not being proven.  Plus a nutritionist can't prescribe medication and, if my extremely limited knowledge of thyroid treatment is correct, the medication is not something that an individual can choose to wean themselves off of.  It requires specialized treatment.  More to come later when I'm not pressed for time (including a screen-grab of Victoria's response if I can find it).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

But how do we know some of that is not editing?  Not aimed at you personally.  I am suspect of many things on the show.

Regardless, I'm not impressed by Victoria's dancing.  I find it average at best.  They did her a disservice moving her into Gina's spot before she was ready.  That early pop up in formation looked bad.

Was it Evan Miller complimenting someone to his right?  And the camera shows VK, but she was actually on his left and Amanda was on his right?  

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Was it Evan Miller complimenting someone to his right?  And the camera shows VK, but she was actually on his left and Amanda was on his right?  

I believe that was disproven, and regardless he still gave her a sticker.  Things that were for sure shown on show -

1. VK had stickers from everyone

2. VK was highest scoring rookie and scored higher than many vets. 

She had to be a standout in a positive way in order for those things to happen.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 15
17 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I believe that was disproven

Oh, I'm sorry.  That's what I was trying to say.  It was disproven that he complimented Victoria.  Just another example of CMT creating a narrative.  And of course, by them doing it so much, it hurts her in the long run.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh, I'm sorry.  That's what I was trying to say.  It was disproven that he complimented Victoria.  Just another example of CMT creating a narrative.  And of course, by them doing it so much, it hurts her in the long run.

IMO everything they do to try and redeem her only hurts her more. A lot of it feels forced, disingenuous or even scripted. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, chabelisaywow said:

Judges and guest choreographers who don't follow the script don't get asked back, Same reason girls have to place nice.

So all guest choreographers,  all judges and all group leaders are lying.  Along w/ those who have judged VK at dance competitions throughout the years?  Oh and CMT is also in on this vast conspiracy and fakes footage to make it look like she’s been complimented by a guest choreographer when it was really someone else - which would have taken effort to create - but then at the same time they willingly put IN footage of her falling out of a turn at prelims when they could easily just leave that out and help their narrative that she’s amazing?

Whats that phrase that the easiest explanation for something is usually the right one.   In this case it’s that VK was a standout in training camp and on the team.  That’s why she scored really high, got the barbies, got all those stickers, got all that guest choreographer praise...and why she’s on show group.  I’m not sure why it’s so easy to believe all these crazy conspiracies, but not all the overwhelming evidence that she’s pretty darn good.

• LOL 15
32 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Victoria is pretty, tall, and bright with a big smile and a decent grasp on power Pom dancing.

But she’s definitely not the best. And that’s what I don’t like - this narrative that she’s this amazing dancer. I actually feel like the DCC In Motion have done her a complete disservice. Before she was lost in the crowd of poms and hair flips and ‘sexy hips’ and flirty dance faces. For me, DCC In Motion has really highlighted that her skills just do not compare to Caroline, Amber, or Gina. I don’t blame Victoria for that. I blame the TPTB.  

Pretty:  Don't find Victoria pretty.  Too much teeth and gums for my taste.  Her forehead comes across somewhat masculine to me.  Too broad/cro-magnon or something.  Then there's the rats nest hair.  Ick.

Tall:   Okay, will concede that.  Still don't think she quite knows what to do with those long legs (reference several pages back the discussion about her lack of technique in her fan kicks).

Bright?:  Umm......."Bull in China..."  Yeah, that's a #nope from me. 🤦‍♀️

Agree 100% on the bolded "not the best, not an amazing dancer" part.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Pretty:  Don't find Victoria pretty.  Too much teeth and gums for my taste.  Her forehead comes across somewhat masculine to me.  Too broad/cro-magnon or something.  Then there's the rats nest hair.  Ick.

Tall:   Okay, will concede that.  Still don't think she quite knows what to do with those long legs (reference several pages back the discussion about her lack of technique in her fan kicks).

Bright?:  Umm......."Bull in China..."  Yeah, that's a #nope from me. 🤦‍♀️

Agree 100% on the bolded "not the best, not an amazing dancer" part.

I just meant “bright” as in she stands out. Not that I’d expect her to discuss the troubled literary legacy of Kipling and the detrimental effects of Imperialism during a Show Group visit 😆

Note to Brenda the Judge...please ask that during panel interviews. Please? Just once. 🙏🏻 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I just meant “bright” as in she stands out. Not that I’d expect her to discuss the troubled literary legacy of Kipling and the detrimental effects of Imperialism during a Show Group visit 😆

Note to Brenda the Judge...please ask that during panel interviews. Please? Just once. 🙏🏻 

Gotcha! 😂

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maddie's dress color didn't fit in with the others, but at least it covered her *** and ***.

Agreed! But I think something like this dress would have been a better silhouette for her - demure but bright and flirty without being “grandma”:

image.thumb.jpeg.57aa3ae415457b1cbfc4484866dbf7ab.jpeg

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Edited to add: I ❤️ this dress so much I just bought it in black!
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I've learned to get some fresh air and let it go.  For sanity reasons.  Plus my Lab enjoys the one on one play time. 😉

Oh My Gosh!  I have 2 Labs.  Black Boys.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

Oh My Gosh!  I have 2 Labs.  Black Boys.

I've had 2 yellow and my present 103 pounder is a black English Lab male.  Sawing serious zzzz's next to me on the bed as I type.  😁

• Love 6

I've had 2 yellow and my present 103 pounder is a black English Lab male.  Sawing serious zzzz's next to me on the bed as I type.  😁

Mine are sitting at my feet watching me work and try to catch up on the forum, waiting for me to give them a piece of kibble.  What is your boy's name and how old is he?

10 minutes ago, TxBex said:

Because we've seen her dance! We've seen her fall out of turns. We've seen her heavy leaps. We've seen her miss her marks. We've seen her dance without precise control. We've seen her pop her head early. I have yet to be impressed by any performance I've seen from her. There's a general consensus on who good dancers are like Gina, Bridget and Holly Powell. But there's a general consensus that Victoria is not as good as she's been made out to be. Still waiting to see anything that shows me she's best in the room good.

I think you had it right. Whats that phrase that the easiest explanation for something is usually the right one. In this case, Victoria received preferential treatment and a very complimentary  tv edit because of her close personal relationship with Kelli (DCC Director and Executive Producer of DCC:MTT).

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Print, publish and frame this one!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, J-R said:

Mine are sitting at my feet watching me work and try to catch up on the forum, waiting for me to give them a piece of kibble.  What is your boy's name and how old is he?

Real quick before the mods kill us for forum interruptus:  Timeless Legacy, call name "Sinjin" (the original nick name the Brits gave the origin of the breed, the St. John's Water Dog when they exported them to develop into the Labrador Retriever.  He's 9.5 yrs young.  I've had him since he was a pup. Will send you a pic privately.

To keep this somewhat DCC related:  Maybe now some here will understand why Bridget's vet tech training and love of dogs initially drew me to liking her so much.  Dogs know when someone is genuine.  You can't fool them, they sense when someone is fake or disingenuous.

• Love 16

From photos of DCC taken at social events, I haven't seen that many with Victoria. I would guess that she may be viewed as someone who might talk to TK or Kelli about them and that when with her socially they have to be guarded in what they say and do. Much easier not to invite her, it doesn't mean they hate her, but they can relax more when not in her company.

Until exposed to diverse groups of people and gaining more experience in "the real world", Victoria will react and behave as she has been allowed to in her life up to this point. If you are allowed to get away with things and there are few to no admonishments, chances are your behaviors will continue until finally corrected (usually by a new peer group). Kelli giving her perks before she had earned them was a huge disservice to Victoria and IMO has made it harder for VK to grow up, face consequences, and make genuine friends.

On another note, I liked Maddie's dress, maybe simply because it was so colorful. Everything here in winter is so dull and drab. It gave me hope for warmer weather in a few months! 

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

On another note, I liked Maddie's dress, maybe simply because it was so colorful. Everything here in winter is so dull and drab. It gave me hope for warmer weather in a few months! 

I liked it too. I liked it because it was different, than the norm. The DCC has a tendency to kinda have the same dress style at events in dress clothes, even down to the shoes.  Is it because of the sponsorship with Belk - so everyone is shopping at the same store? Are they not allowed to wear dress pants? flats?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

I was thinking about the rookie of the year discussion from before and when I was counting all the girls in my mind, for some reason I totally forgot about Kat and Meredith. And both of them have been pretty talked about. Lol Sometimes I just forget some girls. But just now I realized I didn't remember Lisa at all! Now there would be the most surprising girl to get ROTY, I think. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1