Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, AAT said:

I haven't been on this thread for months, so can someone please update me on any retirement announcements, or inside information on who may be retiring?

Heather, Amy and Molly have said they are retiring on social media.  Christina and Bridget are also supposedly retiring, but nothing official as of yet.

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Her brother also went.  Just shows you how much Tina wants Victoria making  the team again this year.   

No. Her brother lives in California.  He’s actually very talented...he’s written & produced a couple movies, also a comedian/ actor.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

No. Her brother lives in California.  He’s actually very talented...he’s written & produced a couple movies, also a comedian/ actor.  

You seem to know a lot about the family from this comment and some of your past comments. Are you guys friends?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, meg.r said:

I haven't been on this particular forum page before, also not entirely sure this is the place to post this. My sister and I were going through the pictures from the Week 17 Washington game (from the official dallascowboys.com website) and we noticed something weird about VK's top in the hip hop outfit. SHE IS NOT WEARING A BRA!!!!!! I don't care if you have nothing up there, you should wear a bra when being photographed as one of america's sweethearts (or whatever it is they call themselves). This is an absolute disgrace to me, not because she is the one who did it but because anyone can look at these pictures and that is not something an association as big as the Dallas Cowboys should be promoting.         ** REPOSTING: Issue with creating account**

ewlc78yzjkqzhwckddqv.jpg

e0sgqfrr2rabaig4j7fz.jpg

yns00ca9mg9l87464kz2.jpg

un5pfqurvee4m6dylghw.jpg

izxbqeqihrz1fjo3gxmz.jpg

What I want to know is how in photo #1, Bridget appears flat chested, lol!

Separate note, the gal marking it in the Pro Bowl practice is not a Raven's cheerleader. The Ravens gal is in one of the middle rows. (My home team is the Ravens, which is why I noticed.)

Hope Amy has a great time there. I have never seen anything that makes me get "mean girl" vibes about her. While I think she doesn't make a great point of triangle, she can handle the Pro Bowl easily and it makes a nice memory to end her cheering career on.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Heather, Amy and Molly have said they are retiring on social media.  Christina and Bridget are also supposedly retiring, but nothing official as of yet.

Thank you. Sad to see Bridget retire. I really like her. I would think that Maddie might retire since she has been there so long. I wish Lexie would leave. Never been a fan of hers. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, raindancer said:

I taught classes at community college for years before switching fields, and many of my students were there for more than two years.  Sometimes people need time to learn or re-learn the basics before they're able to move on (whether they are high school graduates or grandmothers, both of whom I have taught), and some want to get in as many credits as they possibly can before switching over to a different school, or different program.  Many who change programs have to retake prerequisites.  Higher education isn't a necessarily clear-cut path, and there is nothing wrong with young 20-somethings (or old 80-somethings, or anyone in between) taking time to figure out their lives whilst enjoying their experience and learning new things.  I was a kid that wasn't "meant to go to college" either, but I did - and of all the things I wish I did differently, taking the time to learn where I belonged is not what I regret.

Everybody progresses at their own pace 🙂  I know people who started at junior college, did 3-4 years there and then went on to a 4 year uni....and did great.  They just needed that extra time. My grandmother is an example...she divorced after 37 years of marriage, got her drivers license, went to junior college and ended up getting an associates degree in business.  She started investing money in the stock market and bought up real estate.  She did pretty damn awesome 🙂  She was always my inspiration and rock...and I miss her so much.  

35 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Probably has on a sports bra. Nips pop with those. 

That was my thought... like one of her bras she dances in.  They're so thin.

• Love 9

The last thing in the world I ever wanted to see during my lifetime, is Victoria's nips. 🙈

The last thing I wanted to see was her as a DCC -- but here we are.  Which makes me then agree with your statement, because I had to enlarge the pix to see what everyone was talking about and that led to a serious SMH moment -- am I scouring pictures to actually see VKs nips?  Weird!

But what I find really weird is that I'm going to continue the discussion about her boobalas.  Never having wanted to study VKs chest, doing my due diligence for nipplegate I was forced to and was surprised to realize how youthful her unhaltered chest appears as I thought she might be a little saggy after yo-yo-ing with her weight. 

In contrast, in studying those photos what scared me most was not her youthful brassiere-less chest, but her face which appears to be that of a frazzled 40 yr old. 

Her heavily made up face is quite jarring. Contrast that with her look in the pic with Mark Meismer.  Less make up and more under garments please! (Or just less VK would be good, too!)

Edited by PattiD4DCC
To make it clear I thought MY actions were weird.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

When it comes to Victoria what ever she wants to do is always allowed by her mommy Kelli.

Veruca is just doing her best to 'show and sell' & looking at her pix again if anyone from TPTB are reading this please tell her to LOSE that ratchet pink lipstick it looks like it was leftover from when her mom cheered...

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Hope Amy has a great time there. I have never seen anything that makes me get "mean girl" vibes about her. While I think she doesn't make a great point of triangle, she can handle the Pro Bowl easily and it makes a nice memory to end her cheering career on.

Same. I see literally no snark or mean girl from Amy. If anything, she’s the dorkiest girl on the squad lol (in an endearing way!)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

What I want to know is how in photo #1, Bridget appears flat chested, lol!

Separate note, the gal marking it in the Pro Bowl practice is not a Raven's cheerleader. The Ravens gal is in one of the middle rows. (My home team is the Ravens, which is why I noticed.)

Most look at photos and move along ... the fact someone would want to scour every part of a picture that contains this poor girl to find fault is a little strange 🤔 ... from a glance you cant see anything and I for one am not going to enlarge a photo to see if someone is poking through an outfit .... yikes ... 

• Love 20
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Can they afford that?  For both of them to fly to California so she can learn her solo.  

Forgot to say that Bridget is back on Instagram!!!

Did you forget? VK had been working her whole life in addition to school and dance classes, so now she can also afford to fly out herself and mommy dearest to california to get a solo. Leave the poor, hard-working girl alone!!!!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

VK probably has something supportive on - or girls were told “you don’t need a bra with these cause they are your bra“ - you hear that a lot w/ those Rebel brand of cheer tops (like they wear for TC) and uniforms. 

If DCC has a no-nipples showing whatsoever policy, she clearly needs some extra padding for coverage - like those pads only things they sew into formal dresses and dance costumes.  Maybe the larger chested girls have those in their hip hop costumes and the smaller girls don’t?   It’s kind of a question of who’s responsibility that is - the costume people or the girl - and if it’s a big deal or not.  People have nipples - as long as boobs are supported, not sure it’s a huge deal. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone is already planning her solo for next year.  @go4luca here's another chance to go have a milkshake with her:)

Oh hell to the no!!!  Without traffic, that place is only 30 minutes from me.  Way too close! 😱

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

If DCC has a no-nipples showing whatsoever policy, she clearly needs some extra padding for coverage - like those pads only things they sew into formal dresses and dance costumes.  Maybe the larger chested girls have those in their hip hop costumes and the smaller girls don’t?

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on but do think some kind of coverage would help.  It's kind of odd you only see Vic's.  At least that's all I noticed and I didn't go looking.  Just viewed the photos @meg.r shared.

But then we've all seen the ladies who's girl's (*cough bridget and I do adore you girl!*) are about to pop out of their blouse! 😅

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TennInTexas said:

But on the whole, do we see these girls as characters on a show, or are they real people? The reality is yes, they’re real people with real feelings. But I remember years ago- thinking Ross was an ass for most of the time he dated Rachel. Does that mean I think David Schwimmer is an ass because of how he treated her?  No, as one to me is a character vs the other a real person. (I watched friends last night so that comparison is fresh in my mind!) Maybe that’s terrible of me to think of these girls as characters, but I’m only privileged to see what’s shown to me on TV/social media.  

i 100% agree VK receives more than her fair share of scrutiny, but again, people are merely reacting to the narrative that’s being given. TPTB aren’t doing her any favors to win friends and influence people. We are shown an obnoxious mother, seemingly living vicariously through her daughter who’s average on a good day, despite having trained for this her entire life. That daughter who appears to have little other goals in life, and has been given What appears to be loads of favoritism and passes on things that Kelli herself has trained us over the years to recognize as flaws. 

that said, I couldn’t tell you who’s nipples are showing and who’s aren’t, and frankly don’t care. The favoritism is far more damaging to the brand than a skimpily clad dancer (which is essentially their brand anyway)

im not a fan of hers, I agree with whoever used the ‘’Monet” example with her. On the field it looks ok, but up close it’s 1989 tacky. She’s not the best on the team and not the worst. In looks, dancing, ambassador, teammate, etc, she’s mid-pack at best. 

1. FRIENDS references are always welcome in my book.

2. That is a very good point regarding the Reality Show vs Reality. Yes - these are real people. However, the show itself calls them “characters” and they do create storylines and narratives for these “characters.” There was definitely a narrative written for Victoria, and it has backfired for some viewers and swallowed, hook-line-and-sinker, for others. 

3. Agreed. I don’t hate her, I don’t love her, fully a middle of the pack girl. I can clearly see she doesn’t have the same skills as some of the other girls and yet the narrative was written as though she does. That’s what we dislike - at least that what it is for me. I can’t speak for anyone else.  

My best friend cannot (CANNOT) stand Kristen Bell. Literally will not watch anything with her to include commercials. She has no idea why people love her. So if she comments on a forum that she doesn’t see Kristen Bell’s appeal, is that bullying? Not in my book. In fact, she ends up disliking her even more when she comments she doesn’t like Bell and people react with horror - and quite frankly end up bullying her for NOT liking Bell.  Now, if she shows up at Bell’s house and throws tomatoes at her while screaming she is fat and a terrible actress? Yeah that’s a tad extreme. Edited to add: I love Kristen Bell, and I bully my best friend for not liking her 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

44 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not me scouring pics.  That was @meg.r who shared the photos.  Can't help good vision being able to see what I see in the photos. 🤷‍♀️

Any girl who is a legacy is going to receive more scrutiny than one who is not. They know that going in.  It's a given.  TPTB also didn't help in how they created Vic's perception for many of us.  I am not a fan of entitlement or preferential treatment.  Plus how many on the squad can afford to fly to L.A. to have their own one on one solo session for their DCC audition? 

At least on this forum, we are free to post our thoughts without being attacked by a gang of rabid Vic fans like on FB, Twitter and the like.  I appreciate our little corner of the net because of that.  #SanePeople. 😉

Im gonna admit that I’m weird. I always notice #nipplegates. I think it just ruins the look (unless that’s the look you want) and it’s distracting. Warning: FRIENDS reference! Jennifer Anistons nipples were so prominent during FRIENDS that once Twitter came along someone created a “Jennifer Aniston’s Nipples” Twitter account and a drinking game that you do 2 shots (get it? 😆) whenever they appear. 

I agree with @MyFavShows that it must be a certain type of dance sports bra, which doesn’t have proper lining. Some girls just have ones that are more prominent than others 🤷🏻‍♀️  Victoria may be one of those girls so she’ll need a bit more lining next time around assuming she cares.   

As for the bold part above: YES. All day, yes to this. 

For those who were around for the Television Without Pity days...man, this is calm and nearly boring in comparison, 😂 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Im gonna admit that I’m weird. I always notice #nipplegates. I think it just ruins the look (unless that’s the look you want) and it’s distracting. Warning: FRIENDS reference! Jennifer Anistons nipples were so prominent during FRIENDS that once Twitter came along someone created a “Jennifer Aniston’s Nipples” Twitter account and a drinking game that you do 2 shots (get it? 😆) whenever they appear. 

For those who were around for the Television Without Pity days...man, this is calm and nearly boring in comparison, 😂 

Re:  Jennifer Aniston's nipples - That is all I saw during her recent acceptance speech at the SAG awards! I am no prude and have no issues with body parts but there was no way to miss them!

Re:  TWOP - NO KIDDING.  That is why I never registered and never posted.  That place could be scary AF at times. 😮

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

There is a FB page where you can not say one bad thing about any of the girls.  You can say so and so has good kicks, but you can't say they have better kicks than another girl - no comparison allowed.  Every girl is practically perfect in every way.  If you dislike a girl for any reason, you are personally attacked.  That is boring.  TWOP was a lot of fun, but you really had to be prepared to defend your opinion.  And if you questioned something that had been stated, or asked for clarification - WATCH OUT!!!

9 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

For instance, my best friend cannot (CANNOT) stand Kristen Bell.

I actually CANNOT stand Jennifer Aniston🤣

5 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Her heavily made up face is quite jarring.

Yes, between the heavy make up, the overbleached hair and the teeth - "she looks like my Barbie" to steal a quote from "The Holiday"

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

TWOP was a lot of fun, but you really had to be prepared to defend your opinion.  And if you questioned something that had been stated, or asked for clarification - WATCH OUT!!!

TWOP was a very entertaining read at times but I never had the nerve to post for fear of the above.  That plus I never quite understood the "no board on boards rule", lol.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

No kidding!  TWOP was a very entertaining read at times but I never had the nerve to post for fear of the above.  That plus I never quite understood the "no board on boards rule", lol.

I think the board on boards policy was to stop the “you must be VK’s buddy because you post about her a lot” or “how dare you not like VK” type of posts. I miss TWOP! 

I will say that I could not care less about VK’s nipples. She’s a woman with breasts. It happens sometimes. Many women have had occasions where we realized -after the fact - that the choice of undergarments wasn’t the best. You live and you learn. It’s not like this is occurring and obvious issue with her.  Bridget’s girls have been perilously close to popping out on multiple occasions, which I feel is a bigger issue than this. However, I blame the DCCs. They need to built some better support into these outfits or help the girls find suitable bras. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think the board on boards policy was to stop the “you must be VK’s buddy because you post about her a lot” or “how dare you not like VK” type of posts. I miss TWOP! 

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks!

I do miss TWOP's brazen snark.  Some posts were so wild I'd be laughing my arse off.  There were some very witty commentators on that forum. 😂

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

1. FRIENDS references are always welcome in my book.

2. That is a very good point regarding the Reality Show vs Reality. Yes - these are real people. However, the show itself calls them “characters” and they do create storylines and narratives for these “characters.” There was definitely a narrative written for Victoria, and it has backfired for some viewers and swallowed, hook-line-and-sinker, for others. 

3. Agreed. I don’t hate her, I don’t love her, fully a middle of the pack girl. I can clearly see she doesn’t have the same skills as some of the other girls and yet the narrative was written as though she does. That’s what we dislike - at least that what it is for me. I can’t speak for anyone else.  

My best friend cannot (CANNOT) stand Kristen Bell. Literally will not watch anything with her to include commercials. She has no idea why people love her. So if she comments on a forum that she doesn’t see Kristen Bell’s appeal, is that bullying? Not in my book. In fact, she ends up disliking her even more when she comments she doesn’t like Bell and people react with horror - and quite frankly end up bullying her for NOT liking Bell.  Now, if she shows up at Bell’s house and throws tomatoes at her while screaming she is fat and a terrible actress? Yeah that’s a tad extreme. Edited to add: I love Kristen Bell, and I bully my best friend for not liking her 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I agree with @MyFavShows that it must be a certain type of dance sports bra, which doesn’t have proper lining. Some girls just have ones that are more prominent than others 🤷🏻‍♀️  Victoria may be one of those girls so she’ll need a bit more lining next time around assuming she cares.   

As for the bold part above: YES. All day, yes to this. 

Legit those of FRIENDS and nips when this was posted about VK. 

We are now best friends. You can come to my birthday party.

• LOL 5
19 hours ago, cheeseslices said:

Legit those of FRIENDS and nips when this was posted about VK. 

We are now best friends. You can come to my birthday party.

Excellent! I’ll bring margaritas!!!

19 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I was a latecomer here....what is TWOP? 🙂 

Oooop. @go4luca already answered! 

Yeah it was wild. And it was all one loooooooong running thread throughout all the seasons (it was essentially what these forums are...tv show recaps with forums for specific shows). I had quit my job and moved to a different state (basically jobless and friendless) when I found DCC:MTT during Season 1. I was so intrigued (and quite bored without a job temporarily) so I somehow also found the TWOP forum for MTT fairly early on. Hilarious and harsh is really the only way I could describe it. The board as a whole pretty much DID. NOT. like Cassie. Victoria has gotten off easy so far. 

I had a difficult time last year telling Amber and Bridget apart in pictures. But now it’s Amber and Kelcy (Kelcie? The rookie? She’s a nurse? Or studying to be a nurse? I hope I have her name right). 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Her brother lives in California.  He’s actually very talented...he’s written & produced a couple movies, also a comedian/ actor.

I read that somewhere too. I always thought - that Mama T was heaping the praise on the wrong kid. I mean unless Tina was an equestrienne in her younger days..... 

Edited by chabelisaywow
minding the pronouns lol
  • LOL 2
On 1/2/2020 at 9:14 PM, Muckypup61 said:

Okay, so too much "Bridget Appreciation" on this forum, so here's some Jalyn, Rachel W. and Cici appreciation.

1B.jpg

Rachel W is my favorite! Love her dancing and she seems to be a genuinely nice person. I like Jalyn and Cici too!

• Love 10
On 1/17/2020 at 4:04 AM, ByTor said:

Do you mean Kaitlyn LaRae?  You'd think disregarding the email not to tan would have gotten her cut on the spot.

I liked Selina, but she was a blender who was also cut some slack despite weight warnings.

YES, Kaitlyn! Sorry! I hate I messed the name up because Samantha was great. And yes, I was shocked they didn’t cut her after that. That, to me, showed a lot more than dance risk. 

agree about Selina. 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, mizzhyer said:

Is that Gina?????? Because if that is....what took them so long to give her that hair and color??  She looks like a different person...Alexis is always pretty...but this picture is stunning~

Gina’s hair is gorgeous there!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone is already planning her solo for next year.  @go4luca here's another chance to go have a milkshake with her:)

I find it funny so many follow her that claim to not like her  ...  guess the best revenge is living well ... no matter the negativity from tacky mean girl tweets posts etc ... she is still living her best life right now LOL!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/22/2020 at 4:52 PM, ByTor said:

The Raiderettes will always and forever have my favorite uniforms, Eagles least favorite.

Back to DCC...something tells me Amy is letting this get to her head big time.

I love the DCC uniforms, and I love the Raiderettes also. The Falcons used to have nice ones, but ugh, they’ve gotten bad.  BAD. 

You really think Amy would let it go to her head? She never seemed like that kind of person.... 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I find it funny so many follow her that claim to not like her  ...  guess the best revenge is living well ... no matter the negativity from tacky mean girl tweets posts etc ... she is still living her best life right now LOL!!! 

Wouldn't know.  It's not my MO to seek out revenge.   I also don't follow Vic, LOL.  #notmytype 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 1/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, ATLGirl said:

LOL, you're not going to see me posting anything of that nature. That I can promise you!😉

Nice to see another Atlanta poster here!

I was in Atl for most of my life, until 2011 when I got married. I’m kind of an Atlanta poster!! 😉

• Love 2
On 1/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, HookEmHorns said:

I know the Heather nude photo situation has been talked to death, but it was fascinating watching Cheer on Netflix and seeing how a different coach (still Texas, still conservative, with very high standards) handled the same exact situation. Monica Aldama immediately got the police involved and made sure her cheerleader got support and justice. Meanwhile, Kelli demotes one of their best ambassadors, who was probably terrified And needed to feel safe. 

Ok, what? Evidently I missed something. What the heck?...

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There is a FB page where you can not say one bad thing about any of the girls.  You can say so and so has good kicks, but you can't say they have better kicks than another girl - no comparison allowed.  Every girl is practically perfect in every way.  If you dislike a girl for any reason, you are personally attacked.  That is boring.  TWOP was a lot of fun, but you really had to be prepared to defend your opinion.  And if you questioned something that had been stated, or asked for clarification - WATCH OUT!!!

I actually CANNOT stand Jennifer Aniston🤣

Yes, between the heavy make up, the overbleached hair and the teeth - "she looks like my Barbie" to steal a quote from "The Holiday"

Totally agree on not liking Jennifer Aniston!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you!!!!

Glad I’m not the only one I used to really like her but I’m soooooo over her sure she looks great but if you had all her money & nothing but time of course you’d look that good... 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

Oh hell to the no!!!  Without traffic, that place is only 30 minutes from me.  Way too close! 😱

So another lyrical solo for Victoria this year.  Wanna bet it will be really close to the same one she’s done for the last two years?  She will never even come close to Lacey lyrical. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

First, agree on Jennifer Anniston - great hair, face like a man and talks like her jaw is wired plus Rachel was an entitled BRAT. Also why she so proud of her nips? Ew.

Second, VK nip gate = yawn and you really have to look closely in the uniform. 

Third, she has a successful actor brother? Never heard of him. 

Fourth, Rachel W does have the “IT” factor but comes off to me as a prissy snot plus cannot with the Bruno Mars blackface and Paula Deen being her celeb dinner pick. Ewwww. Plus I want to see her with out the drag makeup, extensions, lashes, veneers, fake tan etc. most of her prettt is Store Bought.

last, Pro Bowl Amy = YAWN and this may be the first time the DCC has looked second rate to the other dancers instead of vice versa. Usually it’s the opposite. I’m 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Plus I want to see her with out the drag makeup, extensions, lashes, veneers, fake tan etc. most of her prettt is Store Bought.

This could apply to most of the DCC. When Kashara was recently photographed at the cheer clinic, many hardly recognized her without all the glam they pile on.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

While it didn't happen this year, I wonder if Victoria and Tina will have temper tantrums if Victoria is not sent to Pro Bowl at least once while she's on the squad.  I certainly would not be surprised if one isn't thrown should Victoria not get ROTY and possibly VOTY at least once.  I will also not be surprised if she expects to get point by her third year if not sooner.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Second, VK nip gate = yawn and you really have to look closely in the uniform.

Agreed.  Who cares if her nipples are showing? Nipples that show are no reason for embarrassment or shame. Pretty sure almost everyone has them. 

Someone who knows please tell me that TPTB do not have a policy about nipples. They already police the women's bodies to an uncomfortable degree, please please please tell me that they allow nipples to just be nipples and sometimes show when they want to show!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Agreed.  Who cares if her nipples are showing? Nipples that show are no reason for embarrassment or shame. Pretty sure almost everyone has them. 

Someone who knows please tell me that TPTB do not have a policy about nipples. They already police the women's bodies to an uncomfortable degree, please please please tell me that they allow nipples to just be nipples and sometimes show when they want to show!

My comment was not about shaming the dancer, it was about "shaming" the organization. If something had happened, god forbid, that would have come back on her. It would not have come back on Kelly or the Cowboys and that is a major issue. 

• Love 1