Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

There’s Group Leader and Group 1 Leader. G1L is an unofficial thing. Judy was G1L and Cassie was later made G1L and it was a thing for her bc her mother held the same position. Even though they swear up and down it’s not, G1L is the de facto top spot. 

During Season 6, weren't they crying cause Cassie got GL3 in her 4th year like her mother got GL3 in her 4th year?  

I thought GL1 was based on seniority  - Amy, Jenna, Trisha, Ally, Sydney, etc.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

If she wins, you‘ll KNOW that it’s rigged. I seriously doubt that anyone (other than VK herself) voted for her. 

Not enough possible co-signs, dittos,  +💯's for this post.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gottodance said:

So when does K&J announce that they “GAVE” VK ROTY?

It will likely be at the end-of-year banquet and it's almost a given that Victoria will get ROTY.  Any other girl will be a slap in the face to Victoria, Tina and Kelli and will likely not be tolerated, even if that girl gets EVERY vote but Victoria's and Kelli's.  Judy will likely be forced into giving hers to Victoria.  If I remember correctly, the rumor was that Judy was never sold on Victoria but pressured into always choosing her/siding with her because of the Cassie situation.

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

If she wins, you‘ll KNOW that it’s rigged. I seriously doubt that anyone (other than VK herself) voted for her. 

Didn't someone say that Kelli and Judy also get a vote/have veto power? However, I'm agreeing with you here in that, even if the girls choose someone else (and it will likely be a near-unanimous vote for anyone BUT Victoria if Kelli doesn't force them into choosing Victoria), Kelli will likely choose to exercise the veto power and make Victoria ROTY.  If she does, the optics will be VERY bad, but that hasn't stopped her in the past.  I, for one, would love to hear if that happens and who the top vote-getters were.  As previously mentioned, I also wouldn't be surprised if Kelli forces the girls to choose Victoria so she can say that Victoria's teammates absolutely adore her, that she's SUCH a good teammate, and all sorts of other things as a way to slink around the bad optics of her overriding the votes and just giving it to Victoria.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Me too.  Obviously.  :P

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Pau84 said:

And in the back: DCC Superstar Amanda on the left and DCC Amber on the right, both with what it seems a black TikTok t-shirt.

If you watch Amber in the back, her use of arms is very good, controlled and really in sync with the choreography. It's subtle but noticeable....she's such a nice balanced dancer!! (the girl in front center was annoying and reeked of 'trying too hard'....which is always uncomfortable for the viewer) The girl in front to the right...she looked like Kali from a few years back?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

This actually makes me sad for VK. She's been so coddled her whole life, she'll never know if she gets anything by her own credit/talent or because of TPTB. The only way to improve as a dancer is to get corrected by your teachers! Then again, VK is meant to be just perfect the way she is! 

Most serious dancers compete for the teacher's corrections and attention. They LOVE getting corrected, as the teachers/choreographers, etc will gravitate towards the talented. Dancers do not expect tons of praise either....and when praise is given, it really means something. Yes, even being strict.

By the way, I'm not taking about the 7 years olds that I teach. For them, I distribute an even amount of attention and use corrections in a manner that is appropriate. It's the older students, especially the ones on a  more serious track. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I winced when I saw Kat’s Instagram post. I’m not from Texas but I live in Georgia so I’m used to the “dumb toothless redneck” stereotype getting applied to us. It doesn’t “outrage“ me but it gets old after a while.

Since she is now the wife of a MLB player in the public eye (and on a team currently embroiled in a scandal), I would hope she’d have enough common sense to avoid stereotyping his main fan base in such a blatant way but it looks like I was wrong.

I understand that she probably thought she was just trying to be funny, but I think it was poor judgment on her behalf. 

The Instagram story was from the Kat who is current member of the team (African American). Isn’t MLB wife Kat the blonde who was gymnast / previously cut after one year?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

The Instagram story was from the Kat who is current member of the team (African American). Isn’t MLB wife Kat the blonde who was gymnast / previously cut after one year?

Yep, Kat Rogers, the rhythmic gymnast who wore the cut-outs at her interview and got cut after one season married the baseball player.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, MyFavShows said:

Umm.  I assume it would be on her lease or her utility bills whatever.  Then she’d put the date on a form w/ the DMV aping w/ along w/ showing proof like they do w/ any other thing that requires “proof of residency“ like attending a community college, etc.   I doubt there’s a law that says someone needs to get a license “w/ in 3 months“ and then they do no verification and just take people’s word - or if they don’t verify, it’s obviously not a serious law.

Many states have this rule. It is not enforced at the time you actually do register per se, but in that unfortunate time you get pulled over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 1/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, rungirl46 said:

I am listening to Milan's podcast as I type this reply, where she talks at length about the DCC time commitment during the season.  It sounds like DCC's have NO free time during the season.  I agree the picture was in poor taste, but wondering when an out of state DCC rookie would have time to spend an entire day getting their TX car registration and driver's license during the season?

having an offspring who just went though this... it doesn't take an entire day .

Many DMVs to take appointments as well as being open on Saturday. Surrender your out of state licence, show ID/residency-address (IE utility bill), take picture, pay $$, and out the door you go. As long as you're in the facility before closing time - they will serve you. My offspring showed up like at 4:50 pm...

before the car can be registered that means getting an ins agent in that state, which is a phone call and/or internet transaction. Done on lunch hour....

Then to get the new registration and plates, that sometimes is a different line (section) of the DMV which tends not to be a long winded thing . its like checking out at the grocery store - if one comes with all of your paperwork in order - some of which too can be filled out online. 

Edited by sATL

While I don’t think this necessarily applies to Kat (I have no idea the circumstances regarding her license and I imagine that she just put it off), I do think it’s important to point out that the ease or convenience of government services are not uniform. Whereas it may be a quick 15 minute trip to the DMV for some people to get a new license or register their vehicle or vote (especially voting, in which the discrepancy is often intentional, but that’s a whole different conversation), it may be a half a day trip for others - and no, it’s not always because those people are just to lazy to do their work ahead of time. Whether its due the amount of people the office services, the demographics of the area, or the management, etc, experiences for routine government services can be wildly different. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

While I don’t think this necessarily applies to Kat (I have no idea the circumstances regarding her license and I imagine that she just put it off), I do think it’s important to point out that the ease or convenience of government services are not uniform. Whereas it may be a quick 15 minute trip to the DMV for some people to get a new license or register their vehicle or vote (especially voting, in which the discrepancy is often intentional, but that’s a whole different conversation), it may be a half a day trip for others - and no, it’s not always because those people are just to lazy to do their work ahead of time. Whether its due the amount of people the office services, the demographics of the area, or the management, etc, experiences for routine government services can be wildly different. 

Yep. Took my mom up there and their was a line around the building ib the freezing cold. They let her in ahead of everyone because she is in a wheelchair

Husband wenrt and it took 5 hrs

• Useful 1

My daughter just got her license. We went online to get an appt but the system was down (we are in Tx). Took her five hours to get her license. Government inefficiency at its finest. 

Oye Kat. Just shake my head with the decisions folks make on social media. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

i'm preparing mentally for the announcement of Veruca as ROTY so i don't end up beyond annoyed when it comes out...

• Love 7
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It will likely be at the end-of-year banquet and it's almost a given that Victoria will get ROTY.  Any other girl will be a slap in the face to Victoria, Tina and Kelli and will likely not be tolerated, even if that girl gets EVERY vote but Victoria's and Kelli's.  Judy will likely be forced into giving hers to Victoria.  If I remember correctly, the rumor was that Judy was never sold on Victoria but pressured into always choosing her/siding with her because of the Cassie situation.

Didn't someone say that Kelli and Judy also get a vote/have veto power? However, I'm agreeing with you here in that, even if the girls choose someone else (and it will likely be a near-unanimous vote for anyone BUT Victoria if Kelli doesn't force them into choosing Victoria), Kelli will likely choose to exercise the veto power and make Victoria ROTY.  If she does, the optics will be VERY bad, but that hasn't stopped her in the past.  I, for one, would love to hear if that happens and who the top vote-getters were.  As previously mentioned, I also wouldn't be surprised if Kelli forces the girls to choose Victoria so she can say that Victoria's teammates absolutely adore her, that she's SUCH a good teammate, and all sorts of other things as a way to slink around the bad optics of her overriding the votes and just giving it to Victoria.

Me too.  Obviously.  😛

I hate Twitter, but you best believe once VK wins I'll be joining and ripping Kelli through the mud. 

Shall we guess on which shade of pink Vikki will wear to the banquet? Bubble gum, barbie pink? Oooo maybe a 'mature maueve'? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

https://fbwat.ch/1yKJ9bC0LobSYM8t

The latest DCC in Motion post. I love tap so will always have a little soft spot for Amy, although I think she is pretty bland in general. 

I like this sort of tap, more relaxed and less themed. Tap can be such a cool form of dance! 

Look up "Syncopated Ladies".   Now that's tap!  Those girls are fierce and Amy wouldn't just be bland..she would look like a 4 year old in her first pair of shoes compared to them 🙂  I love tap...I've done tap, Irish Step and clogging over the course of 40 years....so I have a soft spot for tap in general, just not for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, cheeseslices said:

I hate Twitter, but you best believe once VK wins I'll be joining and ripping Kelli through the mud. 

Just remember to wear your extra thick teflon suit.  The Princess Vic fans on Twitter are definitely hard core.  Scary AF at times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How do the "bland" girls get/keep a spot for as long as she has?

You be consistent, kind and show solid leadership when the storm of BS is going on around you. After all the drama that Holly, Jenna and Erica brought, Kelli has very obviously been rewarding wholesome team members like Amy and Maddie. (I’ll just ignore the VK situation in the same way Kelli has her blinders on.)

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Just remember to wear your extra thick teflon suit.  The Princess Vic fans on Twitter are definitely hard core.  Scary AF at times.

I still think the one FB group is the scariest for the VK love.  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!!!  The tribute to Prince is my favorite.  

Mine, too!! 🙂   Chloe Arnold is phenomenal!!

1 minute ago, kalibean said:

You be consistent, kind and show solid leadership when the storm of BS is going on around you. After all the drama that Holly, Jenna and Erica brought, Kelli has very obviously been rewarding wholesome team members like Amy and Maddie.

Amy has never been a fave of mine, but these words are very true!

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

The latest DCC in Motion post. I love tap so will always have a little soft spot for Amy, although I think she is pretty bland in general. 

I like this sort of tap, more relaxed and less themed. Tap can be such a cool form of dance! 

I just CANNOT with Amy & her tapping I just opened this board bc I came upon the DCC post on IG about Amy tapping her way to the probowl... please for the love of all that is good stop trying to make fetch happen... YAWNNNNNNNNN... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I winced when I saw Kat’s Instagram post. I’m not from Texas but I live in Georgia so I’m used to the “dumb toothless redneck” stereotype getting applied to us. It doesn’t “outrage“ me but it gets old after a while.

Since she is now the wife of a MLB player in the public eye (and on a team currently embroiled in a scandal), I would hope she’d have enough common sense to avoid stereotyping his main fan base in such a blatant way but it looks like I was wrong.

I understand that she probably thought she was just trying to be funny, but I think it was poor judgment on her behalf. 

Edited by Opine
6 hours ago, TB12 said:

I just CANNOT with Amy & her tapping I just opened this board bc I came upon the DCC post on IG about Amy tapping her way to the probowl... please for the love of all that is good stop trying to make fetch happen... YAWNNNNNNNNN... 

You beat me to it.  I'll see your yawn and raise you one.  So ready for Amy to retire.

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Oh cripes, thanks for telling me without being cruel. I was clearly not paying attention. I’ll delete it.

Still think it was bad judgement but she’s younger than vet Kat so I’m not as surprised. 

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 11:35 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

She comes off dumber than a rock.
Clearly we are interrupting her doing The Lord’s Work. 

I will need proof that the Lord has ever considered His work done in any state’s DMV. Personally, I believe that the DMV is under the purview of Satan. 🔥🔥🔥

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Odd watching tap when you can’t hear the sounds cause the music is dubbed on top.  Lol.  That’s so bad.  Amy is so boring to me.   I’m not a big fan of tap solos unless somehow they are spectacular - this was not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

You beat me to it.  I'll see your yawn and raise you one.  So ready for Amy to retire.

I could only watch 10 seconds...I just can't...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2020 at 11:03 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Someone commented on Kat's IG that it wasn't amusing.  Kat replied the post had been approved and that she represents something that is bigger and that's God's kingdom.

In DCC world, Kelli > God!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, go4luca said:

They don't scare me. Gives me a reason to make some popcorn and laugh 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I fully expect Kat to audition again for a veteran spot and get cut at Finals.  When (if) she does, look for that pissed-off "Oh no, you did NOT just cut one of your best performers" (in her mind) look.  Methinks she's gotten a little arrogant after making it on the squad when she shouldn't have.  I would be MORE surprised if she made it back on the squad rather than if she was a one-and-done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Oh cripes, thanks for telling me without being cruel. I was clearly not paying attention. I’ll delete it.

Still think it was bad judgement but she’s younger than vet Kat so I’m not as surprised. 

🙂 never a need to be cruel! (Unless you start posting about VK’s stellar technique.)

Kidding, sorta. 

ps I live in Atlanta as well. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I fully expect Kat to audition again for a veteran spot and get cut at Finals.  When (if) she does, look for that pissed-off "Oh no, you did NOT just cut one of your best performers" (in her mind) look.  Methinks she's gotten a little arrogant after making it on the squad when she shouldn't have.  I would be MORE surprised if she made it back on the squad rather than if she was a one-and-done.

I agree.  I don't think there's any way she won't audition again.  Even if TPTB told her to go away...she'd think they were just joking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I hope she's a one and done, I just do not like her arrogance considering she's one of the worst dancers on the team... and all the goofiness just stahp...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

🙂 never a need to be cruel! (Unless you start posting about VK’s stellar technique.)

Kidding, sorta. 

ps I live in Atlanta as well. 

ATL too

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Odd watching tap when you can’t hear the sounds cause the music is dubbed on top.  Lol.  That’s so bad.  Amy is so boring to me.   I’m not a big fan of tap solos unless somehow they are spectacular - this was not.

THANK YOU!

I thought same. Tap was always my fave and I love it but it is POINTLESS to tap id you can’t hear the actual tap. If you can’t hear the taps you need really flashy old school musical type choreo or it just looks like you’re barely wiggling feet with no pattern. Like it looks like boring ass bland Amy is doing. This is a snooze fest.

• Love 7