Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

52 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Dear Kat,

God doesn’t have or care about an Instagram account, some dumbass filter, or your inability to spell.

Sincerely,

Real life

LMAO. Back in the TWOP days it was all about joking that God was in the tub, and he didn’t have time to deal with your BS about His plan to not be a cheerleader or The Bachelor’s top five girlfriends or any other such nonsense. 

I mean, sure...maybe God is the only person that counts when it comes to judging, but I sure can do it too. People sure do use the Lord in mysterious ways when it comes to social media and reality tv. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So, who is going to break it to Bridget that she is not allowed to retire yet? I know it's not confirmed, so I'm not in full-on mourning yet, but until the word began to spread ehre, I honestly had seen her cheering for 3-5 years and being a star of the triangle and eventual point. Not giving up on my dream just yet! As far as retirees, I'm ready for Amy, Miranda, Maddie, and Christina to go, so that's my list of hopefuls. I agree Tess is not the sharpest dancer, but there's something I really like about her and I assume there's something in her personality that makes her a great leader. She's also gorgeous, IMO, and I like looking at her and watching her dance way more than Amy or sometimes Maddie. I agree with other posters that the 2nd years outshined their more senior sisters in general. Love Molly and Heather and I'm not quite ready for them to go, either. 

I liked this year's rookie class a good bit (though I loved the previous rookie class more and still think they rock), and to me, I think some of the bad taste folks' have in their mouths for this class has to do with all the VK ish. I mean, we hardly saw much of any rookies besides VK and Kat. I'm not a Kat hater but I'm not a lover, either. I really like Chandi, Taylor, Kristin, Lily, and Amanda, and I love Kelsey, who I think was one of the most outstanding rookie dancers and just flew under the radar a bit because she's no drama. I was rooting for Meredith, too, but I have no sense of how she did this season. Seriously, I just read all of these Current Season pages, and I still have no real idea of how the season went. It was all VK, VK, VK, and a hot second of, blah Amy is going to Pro Bowl. I'm guessing Amanda had a great rookie season, based on her positioning at the holiday performances at the Star, and clearly VK had some flubs on the field, but that's really all I know. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I'm ready for Amy, Miranda, Maddie, and Christina to go, so that's my list of hopefuls.

The ones I want to see retire are Amy, Savannah, and Tess.  It wouldn't exactly break my heart if Kat, Amanda, Lisa, and Kristin are one and dones.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ABC1234567 said:

I don't read into anything that the group was small or Kashara wasn't there.  Maybe others had plans.  Except for Shelley aren't these all the probowl !ladies Amy would had cheered with?

I don't like Amy or Kashara (shocking, I know!), but it's possible she wasn't there yet.  Nicole was there, also a PBC, but wasn't in the picture.

image.png.36ca367c9accb724299bf18e67504836.png

• Love 5
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone commented on Kat's IG that it wasn't amusing.  Kat replied the post had been approved and that she represents something that is bigger and that's God's kingdom.

God is all forgiving, that’s kind of the point. DCC clearly is not lol. I am a religious person but I’m sorry this response makes no sense. 

• Love 8

I wouldn't mind if all the rookies retired. This is the most boring rookie class ever.

On that note, if I could only pick one to retire/ not come back, it would be Lily. Girlfriend is basic as hell, and not in a pretty way, nor with the dance ability that Caroline has.  Basic and haggard looking, and not impressive in any way. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Amandared said:

Does anyone else find it odd that Kashara isn’t at Amy’s Pro Bowl luncheon? Does anyone know if she is out of town or what’s going on? Feel bad for Amy her celebration from former Pro Bowl-ers is so small 

Lacey's was also small last year.  And KaShara has probably been giving Amy all kinds of advice:)

9 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

I think that the TPTB want the heat taken off VK so that have Cat do something that gets the board going in another direction

the heat will not be taken off VK until she learns to dance without falling out of turns and do leaps without looking like it’s all she can do to get off the ground.  If she weren’t practically Kelly’s daughter, her performance in the first round this year would have been in the highlights of the bad dancers.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
54 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

the heat will not be taken off VK until she learns to dance without falling out of turns and do leaps without looking like it’s all she can do to get off the ground.  If she weren’t practically Kelly’s daughter, her performance in the first round this year would have been in the highlights of the bad dancers.  

I wish TPTB would just take Kitty's advice and stop having her do shit she can't do.   It's weird though, because either they really think she looks good or ... well I don't know how to finish this. They just need to highlight her strengths and leave it at that.  I think everyone would like her a lot more. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, omgtv said:

I wish TPTB would just take Kitty's advice and stop having her do shit she can't do.   It's weird though, because either they really think she looks good or ... well I don't know how to finish this. They just need to highlight her strengths and leave it at that.  I think everyone would like her a lot more. 

Well honestly, they just need to stop highlighting her at all.  And she doesn't need to place herself in the center of almost every group photo.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

42 minutes ago, omgtv said:

33 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well honestly, they just need to stop highlighting her at all.  And she doesn't need to place herself in the center of almost every group photo.

Does anyone think that Kelli cut Victoria last season so it would seem like there was no "favoritism"?

ETA - Uh oh....another retirement announcement?

RE Kat's IG. I just found where you can "temporarily disable" an IG.  Wonder if that's what Kat did? 

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Completely changed what I was going to say
  • Love 1

So my friend got to meet two of the ladies along with kelli at an apparence today at her job she said had nothing but good things to say abt the two ladies but when it came to kelli according to her she isn’t that nice of a person I won’t use the word she used to describe her tho 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

So my friend got to meet two of the ladies along with kelli at an apparence today at her job she said had nothing but good things to say abt the two ladies but when it came to kelli according to her she isn’t that nice of a person I won’t use the word she used to describe her tho 

Neat! Which 2 cheerleaders?

When I saw that Kat said her post had been approved, I thought it was approved by a social media person who could not read the implications of posted it, some intern who was Kay’s age who just thought it was funny. To me being approved meant it wouldn’t be posted if not approved.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

When I saw that Kat said her post had been approved, I thought it was approved by a social media person who could not read the implications of posted it, some intern who was Kay’s age who just thought it was funny. To me being approved meant it wouldn’t be posted if not approved.

At first I thought this too, but I’m fairly sure she meant approved by God.

I doubt the girls send all their Instagram stories to some one for approval before posting them. 

• Love 1
On 1/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Pau84 said:

I would understand if someone takes offense. However, I do not think it was Kat’s intention to insult Texas. Far from it. As mentioned, the filter she uses is not a ‘redneck’ filter but a child/girl filter. Furthermore, she also refers to herself as ‘ya girl’.

A very unfortunate post but it would be crazy to kick Kat over this and keep Whitney Isleib after her Lil Wayne blackface costume. It would not be measured or proportionate.

Or when Rachel W very clearly did blackface for her Bruno Mars costume, and it got brushed off as “tanning”

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Or when Rachel W very clearly did blackface for her Bruno Mars costume, and it got brushed off as “tanning”

She should have been immediately cut.  I don't care how pretty she is.  But again, TPTB are so completely tone def.  They probably don't even understand why blackface is so so so so wrong. 

I mean, hell, Kelly thinks hair colors = diversity. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Shelly posted a video from a prep class. This is the first prep class video I've seen for the upcoming season so far. 

And in the back: DCC Superstar Amanda on the left and DCC Amber on the right, both with what it seems a black TikTok t-shirt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Shelly posted a video from a prep class. This is the first prep class video I've seen for the upcoming season so far. 

The young lady all the way to the right, in the white top, is not what TPTB refer to as "uniform ready".

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Heather was VOTY last year.

Does that mean Heather can't get VOTY again? I'd love to see her get it again.  As far as I'm concerned, she was definitely robbed of PB this year.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Does that mean Heather can't get VOTY again? I'd love to see her get it again.  As far as I'm concerned, she was definitely robbed of PB this year.

"Heather was VOTY last year" as in I didn't know if the poster knew she did get it last year, so even if she doesn't get it again, she did get it at least once.  And I'm assuming it was from her teammates showing their support that she came back last year, held her head high, was still a strong performer and an unofficial leader.  So maybe she doesn't get pro bowl, but she has that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, omgtv said:

THIS!!!!

VK is obviously a good dancer but by doing shit you can't do, it just adds fuel to the fire. Give her a dance with simple pirouettes and zero leaps in it, she'd be strong. I'm going to guess that she's never really had a teacher critique her much before. When you think your signature moves look good, of course you'll keep doing them! Either that or she just never listened to any criticism. Come to think of it, it's probably the latter.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm going to guess that she's never really had a teacher critique her much before. 

TK wouldn't tolerate any teacher who offered serious critique; they'd just look for someone else.  Hence, the poorly developed technique VK has.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

TK wouldn't tolerate any teacher who offered serious critique; they'd just look for someone else.  Hence, the poorly developed technique VK has.

This actually makes me sad for VK. She's been so coddled her whole life, she'll never know if she gets anything by her own credit/talent or because of TPTB. The only way to improve as a dancer is to get corrected by your teachers! Then again, VK is meant to be just perfect the way she is! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wonder if this woman will be auditioning.  "Masters in Accounting" tells me she's on the CPA track.  If she does audition and manages to do both, more power to her!

CPA seems like the perfect career for a DCC. I have a couple good girlfriends that are legit part time most of the year, and then I don’t see them at all from mid-February through mid-April 😂 They go in after super bowl (if the cowboys ever make it again, bless their hearts) and finish up right before the calendar shoot and auditions. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

CPA seems like the perfect career for a DCC. I have a couple good girlfriends that are legit part time most of the year, and then I don’t see them at all from mid-February through mid-April 😂 They go in after super bowl (if the cowboys ever make it again, bless their hearts) and finish up right before the calendar shoot and auditions. 

You're talking about tax people, though.  If you work for a firm and do audit, or are in corporate, forget it, you'll be cut for being late to practice.

• Love 8
On 1/18/2020 at 5:10 PM, Jennv said:

I wouldn't mind if all the rookies retired. This is the most boring rookie class ever.

On that note, if I could only pick one to retire/ not come back, it would be Lily. Girlfriend is basic as hell, and not in a pretty way, nor with the dance ability that Caroline has.  Basic and haggard looking, and not impressive in any way. 

The majority of last year's rookies can leave and I wouldn't miss them at all.  I think only Chandi, Amanda and Kelcey should stay but we all know that Victoria will be staying until she can no longer dance or has a career-ending injury (which I would not wish on anyone, even her).

22 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone think that Kelli cut Victoria last season so it would seem like there was no "favoritism"?

I didn't think that. It seemed to me that Kelli was dead set on keeping Victoria through to the bitter end and had planned on putting her on the squad despite everything Victoria had done.  Why she cut Victoria on what SHOULD have been the last night of Training Camp with two cuts still to make, I don't know.  Given that it was the last night of Training Camp and Kelli still hadn't made the last four cuts that she knew she needed to makes me lend credence to the theory that Kelli had petitioned Charlotte to expand the team to 40 and had only heard that day/afternoon that the squad had to be at 36.  Given that Victoria was number 39 means that Kelli knew she didn't have enough other girls to cut to keep Victoria on the squad that year as the majority of the other girls were too strong. 

The only retirement announcement I'm interested in is Victoria's and we know that it's not going to happen this year or for the foreseeable future.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 10

DCC has a lot of coveted titles and positions that vary in "worth" or "prestige". Which one is best?

- Show group member
- VOTY
- ROTY
- Top of the triangle
- Group leader
- PB cheerleader
- Calendar
- Calendar cover
- *insert title/position here*

4 minutes ago, Griffindoor said:

DCC has a lot of coveted titles and positions that vary in "worth" or "prestige". Which one is best?

- Show group member
- VOTY
- ROTY
- Top of the triangle
- Group leader
- PB cheerleader
- Calendar
- Calendar cover

I would think VOTY or Pro Bowl because there is only one per year, voted on my team members, and means you have the stamp of approval from leadership. 

8 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Is there any reason not to renew that you can think of? Sorry. Late to the party😀

I think there is going to be a season 15 judging by the hashtag Shelly used in her post

• Love 2
23 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

8 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

What’d I miss?  Did we get another confirmed retirement yesterday?

8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No 

I KNOW I saw something on IG that looked like a possible retirement announcement or I wouldn't have said that.  Right now I can't remember who it was to go back and repost it.   Not sure why it didn't post with my original post on the matter.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Gottodance said:

So when does K&J announce that they “GAVE” VK ROTY?

If she wins, you‘ll KNOW that it’s rigged. I seriously doubt that anyone (other than VK herself) voted for her. 

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, Griffindoor said:

- Show group member
- VOTY
- ROTY
- Top of the triangle
- Group leader
- PB cheerleader
- Calendar
- Calendar cover

There’s Group Leader and Group 1 Leader. G1L is an unofficial thing. Judy was G1L and Cassie was later made G1L and it was a thing for her bc her mother held the same position. Even though they swear up and down it’s not, G1L is the de facto top spot. 

• Love 4