Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, meg.r said:

My comment was not about shaming the dancer, it was about "shaming" the organization. If something had happened, god forbid, that would have come back on her. It would not have come back on Kelly or the Cowboys and that is a major issue. 

Oh sorry!  I wasn't snarking on you at all! It's more of an imaginary argument I was having with TPTB.  Mostly because I can just imagine them being supremely offended about seeing nipples.  

• LOL 2
13 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Who cares if her nipples are showing?

I don't. I'm LMAO though, because that stream of pictures brought up that ugly ass leap again.

I do want to say different tone of nipple gate this time. Jalyn posted a pic (on her own Insta) of her in the Christmas outfit.

IIRC someone or several someones were AGHAST and wondered why the DCC didn't make her take it down - because it showed a ... nipple ... or a shadow of nipple.....

Guess what wasn't even a nip slip - lol it was the star or sequin on the uniform.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, omgtv said:

Oh sorry!  I wasn't snarking on you at all! It's more of an imaginary argument I was having with TPTB.  Mostly because I can just imagine them being supremely offended about seeing nipples.  

Sorry, snark over text not my forte. 

4 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I don't. I'm LMAO though, because that stream of pictures brought up that ugly ass leap again.

I do want to say different tone of nipple gate this time. Jalyn posted a pic (on her own Insta) of her in the Christmas outfit.

IIRC someone or several someones were AGHAST and wondered why the DCC didn't make her take it down - because it showed a ... nipple ... or a shadow of nipple.....

Guess what wasn't even a nip slip - lol it was the star or sequin on the uniform.

I was just thinking of that but couldn't remember the DCC:)

Personally, I think that the top without a bra makes VK look wider and therefore, she looks heavier, even though she isn't. 

And I hope the choreographer doesn't put that leap in her solo.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LRCH said:

Rachel W is my favorite! Love her dancing and she seems to be a genuinely nice person. I like Jalyn and Cici too!

Rachel is beautiful, but she looks vacant. Jalyn and Cici look excited to be dancing, that's what catches my eye.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

last, Pro Bowl Amy = YAWN and this may be the first time the DCC has looked second rate to the other dancers instead of vice versa. Usually it’s the opposite. I’m 

That’s what I thought.

Kelli is so busy with certain priorities that she loses sight of basic stuff. These girls should have star appeal. I understand that not all of them can have it but you do not put one of the most average girls you ever had on point and off to the Pro Bowl without any reflection.

I must say it is very similar to the Cowboys themselves. Having had the longest serving coach in the NFL without winning any titles is just like sending Amy to the Pro Bowl.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

When Kashara was recently photographed at the cheer clinic, many hardly recognized her without all the glam they pile on.

IMO and she never looked better.  See, I can say something nice about her 😛 

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I keep looking at the one in blue at the end on our left & thinking that's Rachel A!

• Love 13

So another lyrical solo for Victoria this year.  Wanna bet it will be really close to the same one she’s done for the last two years?  She will never even come close to Lacey lyrical. 

Or Gina's.  She may have co-opted her spot in the triangle, but she will never be able to replicate Gina's technique.  I hope Gina is healing and rehabbing well. 

Lacey's dancing was also enhanced by her physical beauty -- perhaps her solos were a little repetitive over time but they were truly lovely. 

• Love 19

Someone who knows please tell me that TPTB do not have a policy about nipples. 

I can't imagine they do or they would have to cancel the show.  When the sweat and effort of training camp meets the skimpy bedazzled sports bra top meets the AC of the dance studio, many of the talking head segments feature prominent nipples. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I keep looking at the one in blue at the end on our left & thinking that's Rachel A!

Totally agree!  I was so distracted by whatever is on their heads, that at a very QUICK glance at their faces I thought it was Rachel, Savannah, Amy and then --eeeerk, stop -- Cassie is no longer on the team.  Really look at picture -- Oh, yeah it's this year's  PBCs. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

To add something to the talk about 2 year or Associate degree programs. In my career as a college professor, I have taught a number of students in a 2 year program.  Many reasons for choosing from needing a faster program in order to earn money sooner, need a program the could build on etc. I would say probably 80% when on to a bachelor’s and Masters along with some getting a Ph.D.  Not everyone’s education pathway is the same.

As for the kids on Cheer, some spoke on Ellen this week about what they have done since the program plus you can google them.  One person went on to a 4 year college.

• Love 7
On 1/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, HookEmHorns said:

I know the Heather nude photo situation has been talked to death, but it was fascinating watching Cheer on Netflix and seeing how a different coach (still Texas, still conservative, with very high standards) handled the same exact situation. Monica Aldama immediately got the police involved and made sure her cheerleader got support and justice. Meanwhile, Kelli demotes one of their best ambassadors, who was probably terrified And needed to feel safe. 

I found that interesting as well. I really like Monica a lot. She basically puts Kelli and Judy to shame because despite her being tough as nails and keeping the bullshit to a minimum, she actually cares about her cheerleaders and makes sure they are taken care of. Not some 1950s “you must have done something to deserve it,” outlook. If they do a season 15, I don’t know that I’ll watch, but you know what I will watch: Cheer! Until they take it off the air! I stan Monica! 

Here’s my take on Kat. She was only brought on the squad to take the heat off of Ms. Perfect at everything.( RIP Pom Pom). So she’s going to be gone because she served her purpose. I’m not sad; I just wish she’d take MOE and Curly with her. (Princess V and Merideth) Merideth hasn’t done anything; she’s just...there. Not well.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like Cianna and Rachel W. in this type of video.  For a moment, I thought Rachel was Victoria and thought "Oh HECK no!  Not again!" then realized it was Rachel and wiped my brow.  After watching the video, I also realized that Victoria couldn't do this type of thing and look both clean and polished with her moves.  It would be the same over-performing the moves to the point she throws herself off.  I like the fact that they showcased Cianna and Rachel this time as both are girls I don't think we've seen do the DCC in Motion yet.  Just as long as Kat and Meredith (and Victoria) don't do them, I'll be happy.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashlee and Rachel are current DCC.  I thought it would be nice to see different girls like Ashlee.

Love Ashlee! And I want Rachel's hair. And Kash will always be a favourite. She looks amazing here.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO and she never looked better.  See, I can say something nice about her 😛 

And I think the girl just to the right of Amy looks like Christina!😄

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And here is Kristin from Jenn K's class the other night.  Chandi was there as well, but her video is already gone from her stories.

I see such a change in Kristin! And it's a good change. She smiles and really seems to like performing. She is so light on her feet. Not a power dancer like Amber, but nice, clean moves.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Muckypup61 said:

I see such a change in Kristin! And it's a good change. She smiles and really seems to like performing. She is so light on her feet. Not a power dancer like Amber, but nice, clean moves.

Yes!!!!  That's what I thought as well.  When they try out again, they are stressed and don't seem to enjoy it.  Even when they make the squad, they seem hesitant, but once they get a season under their belt, they remember they love to dance and it shows.  

From watching her and Chandi do the same routine, I would say Chandi has the pop, but Kristin can get that easily.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

was this a mater class session? Or just for fun  (Instagram) ? or tutoring from Kashara to work with current DCC ?

Prep classes with Ashlee and Rachel assisting.  I believe Lacey is teaching this upcoming Friday night.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

are the prep classes open to everyone - like 1st come 1st served, once you pay the fee(s) , OR, do you need to apply, submitting something like a resume or recommendation to show that you have the basic skill for the class ?

If its the open to all - I can see this being kinda  a fun thing to do with a few friends.. but if you can't dance (follow fast choreography) then that will be frustrating to the DCC & DCC alumni

6 minutes ago, sATL said:

are the prep classes open to everyone - like 1st come 1st served, once you pay the fee(s) , OR, do you need to apply, submitting something like a resume or recommendation to show that you have the basic skill for the class ?

If its the open to all - I can see this being kinda  a fun thing to do with a few friends.. but if you can't dance (follow fast choreography) then that will be frustrating to the DCC & DCC alumni

I was just looking at KaShara's IG stories and a couple of the gals seem to be there just to dance and have fun.  I can't see them turning away a paying customer:)

https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/prep-classes

Jenn's classes are on Thursday nights.  And you can download her class and do it at home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 10:41 PM, AAT said:

Thank you. Sad to see Bridget retire. I really like her. I would think that Maddie might retire since she has been there so long. I wish Lexie would leave. Never been a fan of hers. 

Same !! I hope Lexie and Alexis leave the squad... never been a fan of them either.

I want to see Bridget as a point 😞

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, DCC-fan94 said:

I want to see Bridget as a point 😞

I wanted that this season.  But she's been attending a veterinary conference in Norman, Oklahoma so I'm hoping she's considering returning to veterinary medicine.  From pics she's previously shared, she seemed truly happy working in that field.

• Love 5

Anyone else think they're going to have two points again this year? I can picture it being Caroline or Gina and Maddie this year. And Maddie will retire after this year so then it will be Caroline/Gina and someone else.

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Anyone else think they're going to have two points again this year? I can picture it being Caroline or Gina and Maddie this year. And Maddie will retire after this year so then it will be Caroline/Gina and someone else.

I agree with you about the two points, but I lean more towards Maddie and Caroline. I just don't see them pairing Gina and Maddie even though she deserves to be there. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, meg.r said:

I agree with you about the two points, but I lean more towards Maddie and Caroline. I just don't see them pairing Gina and Maddie even though she deserves to be there. 

I always found it funny how Kashara picked Caroline, not Maddie or Amy. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I always found it funny how Kashara picked Caroline, not Maddie or Amy. 

I don't think she did.  I think she threw out Caroline's name & clever editing made it look like she chose Caroline.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't think she did.  I think she threw out Caroline's name & clever editing made it look like she chose Caroline.

I got that vibe as well. My guess is they were discussing group leaders in general.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I predict that VK will receive a prime spot in the triangle this year, not point but very close to it.

Maybe her and Tess either side of the triangle and a two smaller girls at point - Maddie if she stays and maybe Caroline. 

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Only one?  That's disturbing.

Junior/community colleges are often designed with programs that can be completed in two years (or so).  They don't lead a person to a university but are the complete educational path for a given career.  In Texas there are RN programs requiring an associates degree, for example.  So some of the Cheer folks may have never intended to move on to university.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought it would be nice to see different girls like Ashlee.

Amen! The Victoria jokes make me laugh, but I do love talking about the other girls. You know, the ones we actually like or want to get to know a bit. 😉

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Lona said:

Amen! The Victoria jokes make me laugh, but I do love talking about the other girls. You know, the ones we actually like or want to get to know a bit. 😉

Exactly!  I like to see what the girls can do besides DCC pom and I also like to see how the rookies are doing.  

I don't remember if this one got posted with Amanda and Amber helping Shelly last week.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't remember if this one got posted with Amanda and Amber helping Shelly last week.

I posted it a couple of days ago. I'm excited to see the prep class dances and the potential training camp members.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I posted it a couple of days ago. I'm excited to see the prep class dances and the potential training camp members.

It was nice to see Amanda assisting since she is a rookie.  I think she would have handled KaShara's choreo as well.  And of course, Amber is a rock star!  Would love to see her in the triangle next year.

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It was nice to see Amanda assisting since she is a rookie.  I think she would have handled KaShara's choreo as well.  And of course, Amber is a rock star!  Would love to see her in the triangle next year.

Totally agree, love Amber!

• Love 6
On 1/24/2020 at 11:37 PM, dccdancefan said:

Rachel is beautiful, but she looks vacant. Jalyn and Cici look excited to be dancing, that's what catches my eye.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think Rachel W. is a great dancer. I Ike the other 2 also, I just like Rachel more. But that’s why there are so many, everyone can pick their fav. 😉

11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I like Cianna and Rachel W. in this type of video.  For a moment, I thought Rachel was Victoria and thought "Oh HECK no!  Not again!" then realized it was Rachel and wiped my brow.  After watching the video, I also realized that Victoria couldn't do this type of thing and look both clean and polished with her moves.  It would be the same over-performing the moves to the point she throws herself off.  I like the fact that they showcased Cianna and Rachel this time as both are girls I don't think we've seen do the DCC in Motion yet.  Just as long as Kat and Meredith (and Victoria) don't do them, I'll be happy.

I love this video!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I love Amanda. She’s adorable. Funny thing is she always reminds me of a friend’s daughter. So I always want to call her by that name. 😆😆

• Love 4