Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

Victoria dear, if you want to convince people that you earned your spot... maybe don't draw attention to all the other "help" you've received. At least pretend. 

The girl is an interview risk. You don't know what's going to come out of her mouth. She either has no words or the words she has are the wrong ones. She basically said that when it comes to the Cowboys Org, rules don't really apply to her. Even when she's talking about her favorite subject, herself, she manages to screw it up. To be fair, I don't think she found these words all by herself. It reads like a thinly veiled advertisement for Prep Classes. Still, I'm surprised TPTB allowed this interview to be posted. But then again, they have blinders on when it comes to VK. I can picture it now. Kelli shaking her finger at VK while smiling. "Victoria, you scammed you way into JR DCC and Prep Classes... twice? Oh, you cheeky little monkey!" VK grins sheepishly as Kelli and Tina look at each other and giggle.😋

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, TxBex said:

The girl is an interview risk. You don't know what's going to come out of her mouth. She either has no words or the words she has are the wrong ones. She basically said that when it comes to the Cowboys Org, rules don't really apply to her. Even when she's talking about her favorite subject, herself, she manages to screw it up. To be fair, I don't think she found these words all by herself. It reads like a thinly veiled advertisement for Prep Classes. Still, I'm surprised TPTB allowed this interview to be posted. But then again, they have blinders on when it comes to VK. I can picture it now. Kelli shaking her finger at VK while smiling. "Victoria, you scammed you way into JR DCC and Prep Classes... twice? Oh, you cheeky little monkey!" VK grins sheepishly as Kelli and Tina look at each other and giggle.😋

Totally agree. In addition to being extremely self-absorbed, she is immature and not all that bright. Without a lot of advance coaching, when left on her own and she opens her mouth, she comes across as a stereotypical ditzy ‘dumb blonde’ with very little between her ears. (Disclosure- I am blonde and have always been extra sensitive to the negative stereotype, so I hate to see someone bring it to life.) I would think Victoria’s childish vapidness doesn’t exactly reinforce the DCC image/brand that Kelli wants to sell to everyone.. but why even try to understand what’s in Kelli’s head these days.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Shady580 said:

Can we add Anne Hathaway. I dont even have a reason, I just dont like her.

OMG YESS ! I dont like anne either.

DCC girls that i dont like/didnt like: Brooke Sorenson, Cassie Trashmell, Kashara, Lexie, Alexis P, Erica W, Rachel W, Kelcey Bond, Lauren Williams, Viruka Yuck, Lisa eww

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Of course, someone is defending her, saying she showed poor judgement in admitting to sneaking in. "Poor judgement" my A**! She broke the rules, and was allowed to stay. She was favored, so no consequences.

Same as with the stolen phone case. No consequences

• Love 9

Well, that interview didn’t do her or her mom any favors. That is the difference of her mom and others that abide by set rules. At age 5 & 15, parents have to enroll you and possibly sign waivers. VK was brainwashed as a toddler that the biggest goal in life was to be a DCC. Her mom made her believe that it was ok to break the rules for her dream. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not even soda, carbonation!  No sparkling water allowed!!!

I think it's way too dark & harsh.

image.png.0d2a2131fd7fa0fe08709751f2cde53f.png

This reminds me of her first makeover where they told her the dark almost black was way too harsh...I love her natural curls but I like it a little lighter.

17 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Her body type reminds me of Allie's, and she was cut for weight after her rookie season. 

One of the reasons for Viv's cut in TC her first time, was she was "too short" and the boots chopped off her legs.  Lisa has that same body type...as did Allie...I just don't care for Lisa.  Never have, never will.  She looks so unapproachable.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I just don't care for Lisa.  Never have, never will.  She looks so unapproachable.

Plus, in every "DCC in Motion" and other random videos I've seen her in, she's always off count.  I'm not a fan & wouldn't be sad if she gets cut.  Of all the rookies, all I'm really hoping for is for my girl Meredith to make it back 🙂 

Speaking of my favorites...

image.png.73f5d275ea9e06f21a1819ebf5a004f7.png

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I follow lisa no way will she ever be on weight warning she is what they call a gym rat she is always in the gym 

So is Chandi...she is there every single day!

11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Plus, in every "DCC in Motion" and other random videos I've seen her in, she's always off count.  I'm not a fan & wouldn't be sad if she gets cut.  Of all the rookies, all I'm really hoping for is for my girl Meredith to make it back 🙂 

Speaking of my favorites...

image.png.73f5d275ea9e06f21a1819ebf5a004f7.png

I love Brennan!! She's my fave! 🙂  Meredith has grown on me 🙂  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!!!  As long as I can still like Princess Diaries:)

Awww, I like Lexie, but I agree with your other choices, and would add Cassie and Kathryn Dunn.  Lisa, I am still unsure.  And sometimes Meredith is a little too whiny and desperate (like Kalli F and Kathryn Dunn).

Kathryn Dunn...never has anyone been so annoying or  seemed SO desperate in TC...I was extremely happy when she got cut!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DCC-fan94 said:

DCC girls that i dont like/didnt like: Brooke Sorenson, Cassie Trashmell, Kashara, Lexie, Alexis P, Erica W, Rachel W, Kelcey Bond, Lauren Williams, Viruka Yuck, Lisa eww

TOTALLY agree on the bolded ones.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

Sigh. This just shows that VK has always had a leg up on everyone, even from a young age. I'm probably what most would call a VK defender, but I think her village (her parents, mentors, other adults in her life...etc) has really failed her. I don't think she's a bad dancer and I think she is fine for the team, not the best and not the worst. But even I am starting to feel like they are trying to make fetch happen with her. If she just rode out her first year without being featured in articles and in special IG videos, people might have grown to like her and she would have the space to grow as a dancer on the team without the spotlight on her. She also just doesn't know when to shut her mouth. There's no reason to reveal that you got into things unfairly because of nepotism.

I'll take Victoria's sneakiness over Cassiegate anyday. Ugh, Cassie did not have the look at all. Woof. 

• Love 6
On 2/4/2020 at 1:59 PM, mizzhyer said:

No...there are 36 girls surrounding the 5 guys in the second picture.  All 36 are in practice gear... however, the girls that are closest to the guys on either side...it makes them look like they could have polo shirts on but they don't it's the way the halter is styled and they are positioned.

image.png.72d4e7055834afe869a2129fef088c0d.png

For being the lowest ranked veteran, Christina sure does love herself some front and center. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

For being the lowest ranked veteran, Christina sure does love herself some front and center. 

It needs to be said: things are improving, because it’s not Victoria Kalina for a change!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 2/4/2020 at 10:59 AM, mizzhyer said:

No...there are 36 girls surrounding the 5 guys in the second picture.  All 36 are in practice gear... however, the girls that are closest to the guys on either side...it makes them look like they could have polo shirts on but they don't it's the way the halter is styled and they are positioned.

image.png.72d4e7055834afe869a2129fef088c0d.png

While I'm happy that the DCC are trying (or pretending to try) to have a healthy, ready-made option for their cheerleaders, given the crazy schedule, it does strike me as ... not the best look ... to have five guys tell 36 women how to eat. I mean, I know it's not exactly what they are doing, but really, there wasn't one woman at that whole company that could come out for the photo opp? Just rubs me the wrong way...

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
On 2/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, CrazyEve said:

Saying ‘we finally found’ is kind of crapping all over other former sponsors. I would think Kelli would know better. I don’t think she’d like that if a former DCC or TCC said that about a new team vs the Cowboys. 

On 2/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, Muckypup61 said:

Who knew Kelli could still move this way?!

She looks good here, much better than when she’s all spanx-ed up and stuff in her dress. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Saying ‘we finally found’ is kind of crapping all over other former sponsors. I would think Kelli would know better. I don’t think she’d like that if a former DCC or TCC said that about a new team vs the Cowboys.

We are talking about the same woman who told one guest choreographer that he was their first ever "hip hop" choreographer, when in fact they have had several.  But yes, just "we have found...…" would have worked.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Someone who is on twitter needs to ask her how she feels about nepotism 🤣

The only one of the group who can't answer that question is Amy:)  And it could be one big coincidence, but Haley started her job as special projects officer for the DCC in May of last year - you know, when VK made TC for the second time. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The only one of the group who can't answer that question is Amy:)  And it could be one big coincidence, but Haley started her job as special projects officer for the DCC in May of last year - you know, when VK made TC for the second time. 

I wonder how much they pay Haley, considering the team doesn't make a liveable wage. 

• Love 7
On 1/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, NinjaMom11 said:

Can you post recent videos of her falling out of turns and being clumsy?  I just Love watching Victoria dance!   Did you see the #DCCInMotion with Gina, Bridget and Lisa?  Talk about a hot mess. Especially Lisa...THAT is falling out of turns.  Bridget didn’t look great either. 

I haven’t seen that one. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LRCH said:

I haven’t seen that one. 

It's on all the social media channels. Gina and Bridget are rocking it as always and Lisa, who I'm a fan of her dancing, looks a little out of her depth. 

UPDATE: Found it! 

Edited by DCC-UK
Added link
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

It's on all the social media channels. Gina and Bridget are rocking it as always and Lisa, who I'm a fan of her dancing, looks a little out of her depth. 

UPDATE: Found it! 

Thanks, I’d not seen that one. Of course I didn’t look that far back. Lisa did look like she didn’t finish her turns and just looked off. And Bridget looked off. I should look so good being on as they look off! 🤣 Ok, I may get yelled at for this, but one of the problems I’ve had with Gina was her hair always looked like a blonde helmet, now that I’ve seen it having movement and relaxed it looks so much better and she’s so much prettier. She was pretty before, just more now. 

• Love 1
On 2/3/2020 at 3:48 PM, Opine said:

Love all the images except Kat's.  It makes her hair look dirty to have that two-toned yuckety yuck.

Don’t Kat wear wigs?  It hard to tell, I just remember her talking about them.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:36 PM, GirlInFlux said:

Sigh. This just shows that VK has always had a leg up on everyone, even from a young age. I'm probably what most would call a VK defender, but I think her village (her parents, mentors, other adults in her life...etc) has really failed her. I don't think she's a bad dancer and I think she is fine for the team, not the best and not the worst. But even I am starting to feel like they are trying to make fetch happen with her. If she just rode out her first year without being featured in articles and in special IG videos, people might have grown to like her and she would have the space to grow as a dancer on the team without the spotlight on her. She also just doesn't know when to shut her mouth. There's no reason to reveal that you got into things unfairly because of nepotism.

You’d think with all that she’d be better than she is.  She should be flawless, but here we are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Don’t Kat wear wigs?  It hard to tell, I just remember her talking about them.

Yes. I remember when they did rookie makeovers she had one on and brought another they could do whatever to. 

image.png.0927d0d13632b9173c9602a0ca26a877.png

Not the timeliest of responses, because I hesitated to hurt the horse that is already mortally wounded. But I just have to wonder how Maddie feels about her hair, how she actually likes it, what her preferences are.  This is so different from what we saw in uniform this year (which was not great IMO). Because other than her hair, I think this is an absolutely adorable pic of her.  In a regular outfit that doesn't reveal every inch of skin she has a cute figure -- I'm particularly taken with her ankles in the photo!

IF she comes back next year, I do hope they re-assess her hair look. A slightly lighter color and some more lift on the top would be key. 

• Love 14

I avoided reading the article about VK's dreams coming true because as a hater I knew it was just gonna make me....well, hate.  Curiosity got the better of me though, when her statements even gave her defenders pause.  I think everything has been covered, but must say it lived up to my expectations starting with the opening photo of her gummy smile and disheveled hair.

Just have to laugh about all her "sneaking" and "sliding in" -- I'm fairly certain she didn't exactly fly under the radar and that the other participants were painfully aware of her presence. (Bam -- In your space!)

Talking about making her lifelong friends and honoring friendships, must note that all her name dropping consisted of former DCCs. No mention of a specific current teammate - they're all just nameless flowers.

I almost choked when I saw what I thought was going to be a pic of her with a crown on her head, but as I kept scrolling it turned out to be an ad for Crown Royal whisky.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I agree with you. I have been a Victoria defender also and at times took a lot of heat for it and now I read this and think to myself was I wrong in defending her all along. I have also said from the beginning that if they would stop showcasing her, she might grow on people but they couldn’t do that, they kept shoving her in everyone’s face with lots of individual and group videos of her dancing.  Then comes this article where she destroyed herself. 😢 Whoever let that article get published was an idiot because she is now telling the world that she got special treatment back in the day and this is reinforcing some people’s opinions that she got special treatment at tryouts this season. I will say she was very prepared at media day and interviews during the season. Did she get questions ahead of time? We will never know that answer. This was a foolish mistake and it just goes to show how horrible her media skills are, something that Kelli and Judy put emphasis on each year that a girl has to be media ready at all times. I now have my doubts about her and I won’t be defending her anytime soon which is sad because I was genuinely happy she made the squad. 😢

I co-sign this. 

This was posted on the Dallas Cowboy website. Dallas Cowboy employees read this and though, "Okay, sounds good, post it!" And, not just miss 1 questionable answer, but 2? I may have been able to ignore the 5 year old Junior DCC because, let's be real, that says more about Tina than it does Vikkie...but the 15 year old Vikkie knew she should have been 16 and admits that she purposefully "snuck in". As if the blonde on a wrecking ball can actually 'sneak' anywhere. 

• Love 20
22 hours ago, LRCH said:

Thanks, I’d not seen that one. Of course I didn’t look that far back. Lisa did look like she didn’t finish her turns and just looked off. And Bridget looked off. I should look so good being on as they look off! 🤣 Ok, I may get yelled at for this, but one of the problems I’ve had with Gina was her hair always looked like a blonde helmet, now that I’ve seen it having movement and relaxed it looks so much better and she’s so much prettier. She was pretty before, just more now. 

Oh you won't! Most of us who love Gina have some hair issues with her. They've made hers more of an icy blonde, which just doesn't suit her. I'd like it to be a warmer blonde to make her more approachable-looking. However, it's probably TPTB that determine hair colour! 

• Love 6
Just now, Cowboysfan16 said:

She has reshared other stories and honestly imo Miranda is the prettiest DCC bride I’ve seen. She has such a classic, beautiful look! 

I love that the doggies are being included 🙂 

• Love 18

Miranda, and her groom look so happy!    

One big issue I've had with the makeovers for several years, since they moved to the current salon, is that all of the blondes seem to be the same shade, of white blonde.     The individual makeovers aren't noticeably different either.  That might be because a lot of the aspiring candidates go for the DCC makeover consultation before they even try out, and make a lot of the  changes.   My guess is the aspiring candidates who are serious, want to get the judges and Kelli to think they are DCC material, so they want to look like they belong.     

• Useful 1
  • Love 7