Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 1/13/2020 at 11:31 PM, MyFavShows said:

What is this?  Misc. girls wearing work-out pants and tshirts and doing their usual dances at the star?   It’s almost like they were all in for a meeting or something and they asked “who hasn’t done a DCC in motion yet”? and the girls who raised their hand had to go out right then and film this dance (which they probably already use as a game day dance).  Couldn’t even put them in a costume though?  Just really lame.  Lol.

I don't mind what they are wearing. Every girl in this dance is stunning and I'm watching their dancing, not what they are wearing lol...

• Love 10
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

😘 I love you 😂😂😂

Looks to me like instead of an actual fan, like Caroline is doing to perfection, VK is doing a weak battement straight in front of her then trying to fan it. Another demonstration of weak technique that should have been learned early on with a decent ballet class. Like first dance class you take as a kid class. 

Amber is the rockstar in this one to me. That girl has pop. Caroline is good but so boring and have to admit Rachel W draws attention to her dancing. 

Amber is really strong...very precise.

Nothing against any of them but as there is so much critiquing Victoria...my observations are: she's a perfectly fine 'DCC style dancer' with a background in 'lyrical' classes, jazz, etc...where she executes the same series of steps/combinations over and over. These are the same sequences that are shown in solos, DCC in Motions, etc...and I suspect in competitions. Her technique is pretty standard of many girls in countless dance studios. (this is not a dig) She has very pretty legs (her best feature) but I can't help noticing she doesn't pull up supporting leg much and has trouble with transitions (from seeing her in several areas/clips, etc) This is certainly why her turns are hit or miss. Her alignment in the air with some of her jumps (especially the turn with attitude) is awkward and even her feet are borderline sickling at times. But she's fine for what this is....(DCC)

A lot of dancers want instant gratification with their training...learnng tricks, jumps, etc...and not really getting that being a well trained dancer is an INSIDE JOB. 

As far as the whole DCC in Motion...I think it's just a platform for the girls to have more performing opportunities to showcase their dancing. The choreography was simple for this latest one but I liked the casual clothing and the big openess of the "stage". It also suited the girls' ability. (The one with Gina, Bridget, and Lisa was a little uncomfortable to watch...as Lisa was out of her element and the whole trio looked like they were dancing in a hallway...)

Love that there are so many opinion here!

• Love 23
8 hours ago, go4luca said:
9 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Bridget didn’t look great either. 

I must be watching something different.  Bridget always looks good to me.  I've also never seen Bridget pop up too soon in formation or fall out of a turn.

Bridget isn't my favorite as far as dancing goes, and even I have to say she looked good in that video.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

VK told someone on IG that she takes ballet for a work out.  On the DC website, she says she takes classes as a ballet school to continue training in jazz and ballet.  I wonder if it was "suggested" she get more ballet training, or if her and her mom read comments.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/roster/victoria

Wait....what?  Her favorite junk food is cookies?????  I thought it was milkshakes!  And she's never met anyone that doesn't adore Tina Kalina??????  Girl doesn't get out much 😞

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

Something I noticed in the “Underneath the Tree” video but never posted.  Victoria's fan kick looks somewhat off and heavy to me.  The fan should begin to her far left as Caroline does.  Victoria never begins far left cutting the fan circle short. Also her supporting leg never hits releve & remains flat footed.  Notice Caroline & the other girls are in releve.  If you pause the video you can see it.

These are quick screen grabs so not the best image quality but at least illustrate my point.

caroline_v2.jpg

Vic_v2.jpg

Look at her posture.... Caroline has perfect posture and Victoria is leaning back and you can see the effort she has to put out to do this kick incorrectly 

• Love 21
11 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

She also fell out a turn down on the field doing the DCC routine.  I don’t care what anyone says, this girl got preferential treatment and shouldn’t have made TC this year either.  Killing the Pom pom during the first round, then fell out of the turn again on the field.  Anyone else would have never made TC, much less the team.  Better dancers were sent home.

Preach my friend, preach.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Opine said:

Wait....what?  Her favorite junk food is cookies?????  I thought it was milkshakes!  And she's never met anyone that doesn't adore Tina Kalina??????  Girl doesn't get out much 😞

Think I lost brain cells reading her bio. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Victoria looks sloppy a lot. She posted a video on ig a while back doing michelle key''s choreo and she looked bad. Like a flailing mess. Honestly Michelle's choreo always looks a littke s****** to me, but some of the girls nail it and look very precise. Vic ain't one of them.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

VK told someone on IG that she takes ballet for a work out.  On the DC website, she says she takes classes as a ballet school to continue training in jazz and ballet.  I wonder if it was "suggested" she get more ballet training, or if her and her mom read comments.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/roster/victoria

No way she takes ballet and jazz considering she’s only ever posted lyrical choreos from her studio. But she can’t put that on her description.

54 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Victoria looks sloppy a lot. She posted a video on ig a while back doing michelle key''s choreo and she looked bad. Like a flailing mess. Honestly Michelle's choreo always looks a littke s****** to me, but some of the girls nail it and look very precise. Vic ain't one of them.

Which says a lot considering that her dancing looks s******.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Opine said:

I bet that sweet girl, I can’t remember her name but can see her face, that TK called grandma bc of her smile isn’t a fan of TK after seeing her mean girl commentary about her... it’s a big world out there Veruca I suggest you take a jaunt out of DCC land... 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I bet that sweet girl, I can’t remember her name but can see her face, that TK called grandma bc of her smile isn’t a fan of TK after seeing her mean girl commentary about her... it’s a big world out there Veruca I suggest you take a jaunt out of DCC land... 

Chandler!  And I will never get over that mean comment... especially when she KNEW they were filming. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Chandler!  And I will never get over that mean comment... especially when she KNEW they were filming. 

Thank you, yes Chandler! And she seemed like such a doll, too. I remember being so pissed thinking really TK, come out of the 80s with your bad self & fast forward her own kids smile is considerably worse! For the record I thought Chandler was adorable... 

• Love 15
21 hours ago, LRCH said:

It seems allot of folks aren’t big fans of Victoria, but I like her. She may not be the absolute best dancer in the room, but, in my opinion, she is a very good dancer, bright, beautiful and fun to watch. I remember previous years when they kept people who weren’t a fraction as good and couldn’t follow directions. My favorite DCC is Rachel W. She beautiful and an amazing dancer. And every time I’ve heard her interviewed she comes across as very sweet, real and honest. 

Honestly, it’s not so much I don’t like her, I don’t know her enough to know that.  I do know I don’t like the mistakes she continues to make and seems to get by with when other girls would have been cut.  My animosity is not toward VK herself as it is TPTB that’s letting the ‘world class’ and ‘the best of the best’ bragging rights get flushed down the toilet because of one clunky dancer.  We will see what happens when she gains the weight back.  Will she get pulled from appearances in uniform ‘until she can fit in her uniform’?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, fawn said:

Amber is really strong...very precise.

Looks like Amber will be assisting Shelly tomorrow night at the DCC prep classes - dancing to Meghan Trainor's No Excuses.  That would be a fun class to attend.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Honestly, it’s not so much I don’t like her, I don’t know her enough to know that.  I do know I don’t like the mistakes she continues to make and seems to get by with when other girls would have been cut.  My animosity is not toward VK herself as it is TPTB that’s letting the ‘world class’ and ‘the best of the best’ bragging rights get flushed down the toilet because of one clunky dancer.  We will see what happens when she gains the weight back.  Will she get pulled from appearances in uniform ‘until she can fit in her uniform’?

Several years ago why did they keep Kat, Morgan, or the Samantha who couldn’t directions and tanned the night before cameos when emailed not to do so several days before, and who had suspect memories. And Merideth, beautiful technique, but suspect memory. Kat, who I really like, suspect memory. Couple of years ago they cut Hannah for her weight, and she was an amazing dancer, yet gave others more time. Not that they shouldn’t have given others more time, but why not Hannah also. They also gave Danielle, Jennifer C, Veronica a chance to lose weight. Kashara and Holly were weight warned also. If they do like they did Danielle and those ladies, they will pull them from appearances. I get that your animosity isn’t against Victoria, and I like most of the ladies I mentioned (couple aren’t my favs), but my point being Kelli and Judy confuse me. I believe they want the bet team, but I don’t believe they are always consistent. And I will shut up now. 😉

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LRCH said:

Several years ago why did they keep Kat, Morgan, or the Samantha who couldn’t directions and tanned the night before cameos when emailed not to do so several days before, and who had suspect memories. And Merideth, beautiful technique, but suspect memory. Kat, who I really like, suspect memory. Couple of years ago they cut Hannah for her weight, and she was an amazing dancer, yet gave others more time. Not that they shouldn’t have given others more time, but why not Hannah also. They also gave Danielle, Jennifer C, Veronica a chance to lose weight. Kashara and Holly were weight warned also. If they do like they did Danielle and those ladies, they will pull them from appearances. I get that your animosity isn’t against Victoria, and I like most of the ladies I mentioned (couple aren’t my favs), but my point being Kelli and Judy confuse me. I believe they want the bet team, but I don’t believe they are always consistent. And I will shut up now. 😉

Probably because if you  are a Kelli fav, you get some slack. (Or a lot of slack in some cases.) And if you’re on her shit list for whatever reason, you get none. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I haven't been on this particular forum page before, also not entirely sure this is the place to post this. My sister and I were going through the pictures from the Week 17 Washington game (from the official dallascowboys.com website) and we noticed something weird about VK's top in the hip hop outfit. SHE IS NOT WEARING A BRA!!!!!! I don't care if you have nothing up there, you should wear a bra when being photographed as one of america's sweethearts (or whatever it is they call themselves). This is an absolute disgrace to me, not because she is the one who did it but because anyone can look at these pictures and that is not something an association as big as the Dallas Cowboys should be promoting. 

ewlc78yzjkqzhwckddqv.jpg

e0sgqfrr2rabaig4j7fz.jpg

yns00ca9mg9l87464kz2.jpg

un5pfqurvee4m6dylghw.jpg

izxbqeqihrz1fjo3gxmz.jpg

Edited by meg.r
reposting after issues creating account
6 hours ago, LRCH said:

Samantha who couldn’t directions and tanned the night before cameos when emailed not to do so several days before

Do you mean Kaitlyn LaRae?  You'd think disregarding the email not to tan would have gotten her cut on the spot.

6 hours ago, LRCH said:

They also gave Danielle, Jennifer C, Veronica a chance to lose weight. Kashara and Holly were weight warned also.

I liked Selina, but she was a blender who was also cut some slack despite weight warnings.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, cgloss said:

I miss Michelle Keys’ choreo. It looked updated and fun.  The stuff they’re using now from Sarah, Kashara and Jennifer is pretty dreadful. 

I didn't mind Michelle's. Now Jen A's choreo is dreadful. She is definitely a move recycler.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LRCH said:

Ugh...Kat and Morgan...I think Kat earned her spot more than Morgan did.  Both of these girls were one and done, but that won’t be the case with  VK.  She’ll be on this team no matter how much weight she gains and no matter how many turns she falls out of and we’ll have her shoved in our faces for years to come.

I’m guessing this years Kat may also be a one and done as well as Meredith.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Lona said:

GABBY, a veteran, was sent home. 😡

Sorry guys, still not over this ... 😂

Me either she was just beautiful and seemed so very well liked... 

3 hours ago, Lunacat said:

DITTO. And Tara being sent home before VK in S13. I still seethe about that one. 

Ohhhh I cannot with Tara being cut, I was crushed for her... 

• Love 10

So Kat posted this... and don't take me wrong because I like this crazy girl...but I'm just curious if some Texans may take offense at her blacking out her teeth in reference to "officially being a Texan" now? Seems to be in poor taste, in my opinion.

7DA44900-E1D1-433D-BD10-FF4FBB586E09.jpeg

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

So Kat posted this... and don't take me wrong because I like this crazy girl...but I'm just curious if some Texans may take offense at her blacking out her teeth in reference to "officially being a Texan" now? 

I’m from Texas I find it not funny at all 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I’m from Texas I find it not funny at all 

I kind of wondered....I think it was a poor decision to post it.  It certainly won't endear her to some.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I kind of wondered....I think it was a poor decision to post it.  It certainly won't endear her to some.

As if there aren't any toothless rednecks in North Carolina.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

So Kat posted this... and don't take me wrong because I like this crazy girl...but I'm just curious if some Texans may take offense at her blacking out her teeth in reference to "officially being a Texan" now? Seems to be in poor taste, in my opinion.

I’m not from Texas but thought it probably isn’t a good idea to post something like that.  She also said she went to the “Libary” instead of library.  Her dancing may have improved but she is obviously a risk in other ways. I hope she gets cut. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

As if there aren't any toothless rednecks in North Carolina.....

There it is! Exactly what I was thinking...very poor taste...and likely to cause a rumble within the organization...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Edited.... I first thought this was Kat that was cut after 1 season... But now this Kat should end up being a one and done, this is so disrespectful to the fans she is supposed to be so honored to cheer for TPTB really should make a teachable moment out of this... 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Someone is a bit overconfident about making it back on the team.  Also, under Texas law, you are supposed to get a driver's license no later than three months after moving to the state.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Someone is a bit overconfident about making it back on the team.  Also, under Texas law, you are supposed to get a driver's license no later than three months after moving to the state.  

I am listening to Milan's podcast as I type this reply, where she talks at length about the DCC time commitment during the season.  It sounds like DCC's have NO free time during the season.  I agree the picture was in poor taste, but wondering when an out of state DCC rookie would have time to spend an entire day getting their TX car registration and driver's license during the season?

Edited by rungirl46
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

I am listening to Milan's podcast as I type this reply, where she talks at length about the DCC time commitment during the season.  It sounds like DCC's have NO free time during the season.  I agree the picture was in poor taste, but wondering when an out of state DCC rookie would have time to spend an entire day getting their TX car registration and driver's license during the season?

After TC is over, the girls don't have daily practice.  She would have had plenty of days to take care of it before now.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

I doubt it takes a whole day.  More like 2 hours, max.

• Love 3

If it’s Texas law that she needed to do it within a certain amount of time, then why did they give her one if she waited too long?   That would make no sense.  She obviously was w/in the rules for getting a license if she indeed, has a license.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I doubt it takes a whole day.  More like 2 hours, max.

According to Kat's IG, she started the process at 6am and got her license and tags in the afternoon.   I have a soft spot for her on this issue because I also moved from NC to TX years ago.  The process in TX is much different than NC.  Again, I still contend the picture that's being circulated here wasn't a great idea.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

If it’s Texas law that she needed to do it within a certain amount of time, then why did they give her one if she waited too long?   That would make no sense.  She obviously was w/in the rules for getting a license if she indeed, has a license.

Seriously?  How would Texas know when she moved there???  That law isn't a basis for denying someone a license.  

• Love 20
4 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Bad choice, girlie!

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Seriously?  How would Texas know when she moved there???  That law isn't a basis for denying someone a license.  

Umm.  I assume it would be on her lease or her utility bills whatever.  Then she’d put the date on a form w/ the DMV aping w/ along w/ showing proof like they do w/ any other thing that requires “proof of residency“ like attending a community college, etc.   I doubt there’s a law that says someone needs to get a license “w/ in 3 months“ and then they do no verification and just take people’s word - or if they don’t verify, it’s obviously not a serious law.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 1
54 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

It doesn’t take a whole day if you do your research about what you need and where you need to go. I think that’s why it took her all day because she wasn’t prepared.  

• Love 2

Kat was not within the rules

New Texas residents can legally drive with a valid, unexpired driver license from another U.S. state, U.S. territory, Canadian province, or qualifying country for up to 90 days after moving to Texas.

Prior to the end of the 90 day grace period, a new Texas resident must apply for a Texas license in person at any driver license office to continue to drive legally. When applying for the new Texas license the individual must surrender any unexpired driver license in their possession from another U.S. state, U.S. territory or a Canadian province.

Regardless, I really don't care how incompetent the DMV may/may not have been.  Bitch your ass off all you want about it, but posting that tasteless picture with it was so tone deaf.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Umm.  I assume it would be on her lease or her utility bills whatever.  Then she’d put the date on a form w/ the DMV aping w/ along w/ showing proof like they do w/ any other thing that requires “proof of residency“ like attending a community college, etc.   I doubt there’s a law that says someone needs to get a license “w/ in 3 months“ and then they do no verification and just take people’s word - or if they don’t verify, it’s obviously not a serious law.

I waited over a year to updaye my address the last time I moved. They didnt even ask when I moved.

• Love 8

Last time I had a Texas DL you could check in online and they would text you when you were within a certain time to the front of the line. But that was in Dallas proper, so if she lives in Collin county that is a verified shit show. The Plano DMV was a hot mess. 

I’ve seen that filter before, so it’s a 🤷‍♀️ from me. But I think those Snapchat filters are dorky anyway. #nofilter

• Love 6