Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

In my opinion, they would have never given her point given the nude photos. 

Wait I missed this scandal! What happened? Did they get leaked? Is that why she wasn’t 2GL last year?

25 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Wait I missed this scandal! What happened? Did they get leaked? Is that why she wasn’t 2GL last year?

Not leaked BUT she informed TPTB about it, which is almost the same if we look at the consequences.

Kelli got East Texas mad, I imagine.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Not leaked BUT she informed TPTB about it, which is almost the same if we look at the consequences.

Kelli got East Texas mad, I imagine.

Why would she tell them that 🤔

24 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

It warrants repeating. Maddie's kicks are really low.

If it’s because of her knee injury and it’s not getting better, she should retire and not risk further injury.  Or now that the season is over, maybe PT if not already doing that.

• Love 8

Re the Neal McCoy "Shake" vid, watching each group's feet, I noticed how off VK is.  Her feet are consistently ahead of the beat--her starts and finishes (such as she ever actually finishes a move) are off.

I'm not a trained dancer; I just do dance-type classes for exercise.  It makes me nuts when instructors rush the beat. I hate being off-beat. If I focus on those who are off-beat, I go off-beat too, so if I can't watch the instructor because they're off-beat and don't know the patterns well enough to do it without watching, it ain't no fun at all.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok this is killing me....in the video title in the corner where it says "featuring Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders" 😛 it's COWBOYS ....not Cowboy!!!  I know the big title is correct but that one needs to be fixed!

Edited by mizzhyer
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Forgive me if I'm behind but did we know Miranda is engaged?  And it looks like she's getting married in about a month.  Another retiree?

Yeh she posted her engagement  announcement  awhile back 🙂 They got engaged in July 2018 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Forgive me if I'm behind but did we know Miranda is engaged?  And it looks like she's getting married in about a month.  Another retiree?

Yes we knew abt her wedding can’t wait to see pictures 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Updated list

Retiring: Heather, Amy, Molly, Christina, Bridget

Returning: Maddie

My predictions: Lexie, Rachel A, and Savannah will retire // Tess, Gina, Miranda, and Alexis will come back

GLs: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Miranda

2 GLs: Alexis, Caroline, Amber, Daphne?

Wait....wasn't Bridget only speculation?  No real confirmation?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm so glad Christina is retiring.  I question whether they'd have brought her back for yet another year, and by retiring, she can save herself that embarrassment. 

Me to !!! I’m sure this will be another year if not very many ladies retiring again 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'm not trying to victim shame but come on, stop taking nudes of yourself with your phone.

That is victim shaming. 

Heather is an adult who was in a long distance relationship. The fact that she was punished without the nudes ever going public says way more about Kelli&Co than it does about Heather. 

24 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm so glad Christina is retiring.  I question whether they'd have brought her back for yet another year, and by retiring, she can save herself that embarrassment. 

She is someone I thought should have retired this past year, but I'm glad to see her taking the initiative now so she doesn't have to be cut in front of everyone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

That is victim shaming. 

Heather is an adult who was in a long distance relationship. The fact that she was punished without the nudes ever going public says way more about Kelli&Co than it does about Heather. 

She is someone I thought should have retired this past year, but I'm glad to see her taking the initiative now so she doesn't have to be cut in front of everyone. 

Women need to protect themselves and avoid any embarrassment, and stop pretending it can't happen to them. 

• Love 11

The thing I don't like about talk about victim shaming is that apparently people can't have the opinion anymore that people shouldn't take or keep or send out nude photos. I don't have a problem with people doing that really, but I just get annoyed that no one can say you shouldn't do that in that first place because "oh no you're you're victim shaming!" And that's terrible!" Sorry to get a little OT but had to put that out there. And how is it victim shaming if you have the opinion that someone shouldn't take nude photos in the first place? This person isn't a victim of anything if someone didn't put them out there, they just have them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Women need to protect themselves and avoid any embarrassment, and stop pretending it can't happen to them. 

You are right.

I disagree with the statement that insisting on some degree of security awareness is victim blaming. Don’t keep sensitive information on an unsecured device.
I do not agree with the judge, jury and executioner approach of Kelli, which is not proportional. If it were consistent it might be more in the vicinity of acceptable, but we all know that not all animals are created equal with Kelli, and that some animals are more equal than others.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

The thing I don't like about talk about victim shaming is that apparently people can't have the opinion anymore that people shouldn't take or keep or send out nude photos. I don't have a problem with people doing that really, but I just get annoyed that no one can say you shouldn't do that in that first place because "oh no you're you're victim shaming!" And that's terrible!" Sorry to get a little OT but had to put that out there. And how is it victim shaming if you have the opinion that someone shouldn't take nude photos in the first place? This person isn't a victim of anything if someone didn't put them out there, they just have them. 

Exactly! Just like people who wear an expensive watch in public and have it stolen aren’t really a victim of anything they didn’t already put out there. You own something expensive, you should really just expect it’s going to be taken. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Me to !!! I’m sure this will be another year if not very many ladies retiring again 

Sorry, when did she confirm this?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Hildegard802 said:

Re the Neal McCoy "Shake" vid, watching each group's feet, I noticed how off VK is.  Her feet are consistently ahead of the beat--her starts and finishes (such as she ever actually finishes a move) are off.

I'm like you, I had to go back and watch VK's legs and compare with Tess.  She makes it seem like it's such an effort to raise her leg higher when they do the side lift.  Like the pic of her and Caroline - Caroline is doing a beautiful leap and VK looks like she is just jumping around.  I wonder if VK does everything correctly in practice and then gets so excited when she gets to the actual performance.

6 hours ago, Hildegard802 said:

I'm not a trained dancer; I just do dance-type classes for exercise.  It makes me nuts when instructors rush the beat. I hate being off-beat. If I focus on those who are off-beat, I go off-beat too, so if I can't watch the instructor because they're off-beat and don't know the patterns well enough to do it without watching, it ain't no fun at all.  

Totally agree!!!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Exactly! Just like people who wear an expensive watch in public and have it stolen aren’t really a victim of anything they didn’t already put out there. You own something expensive, you should really just expect it’s going to be taken. 

So by that logic, no one should ever buy an expensive car, house, jewelry, etc. because it will get stolen and it will be the fault of the buyer because they should have anticipated that some morally deprived person will take the expensive item that didn't belong to them in the first place. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

Saying someone SHOULDN'T do something isn't victim blaming.   Saying "she deserved it" is victim shaming.   Yes, she is an adult and she didn't do anything illegal.  However, in this day and age a person needs to protect their privacy.   If you would be ashamed or embarrassed if nude pictures got out about you, use the discretion to not take nude pics on a phone.    That isn't victim shaming her,  or saying that she deserved it, because she did not.  It is saying that she didn't use the best judgement in taking the pictures and keeping them on her phone.

Edited by Yetta
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, Hildegard802 said:

I had to watch it several times. I go back and forth on my opinion. I'm not a VK fan but for this performance she served her purpose. She's there to attract the audience and she does do that. Her long legs are hard to ignore and she's mostly with the rest of the group. They all seem to sort of struggle with a certain portion of that dance. I do still agree that I think she's tries so hard to dance with soooooo much power that it looks strained and rushed sometimes. Hopefully with time, she'll calm down a bit.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'm not trying to victim shame but come on, stop taking nudes of yourself with your phone.

Not trying to but somehow succeeding. She can take whatever picture she wants, the crime is fully with the other party. And if she was indeed punished for  this issue by DCC leadership they should be fired on the spot. Luckily where I'm from they would be as what they did is against the law.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Yetta said:

Saying someone SHOULDN'T do something isn't victim blaming.   Saying "she deserved it" is victim shaming.   Yes, she is an adult and she didn't do anything illegal.  However, in this day and age a person needs to protect their privacy.   If you would be ashamed or embarrassed if nude pictures got out about you, use the discretion to not take nude pics on a phone.    That isn't victim shaming her,  or saying that she deserved it, because she did not.  It is saying that she didn't use the best judgement in taking the pictures and keeping them on her phone.

Agree 100%. This world has gone crazy with the whole "shaming" thing.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

Hmmmmm....maybe in Philly?

😂 😂 

Sorry, I had to. Trying to keep the mood a little light. But seriously, you try to take anything of mine because it’s expensive and I “shouldn’t” have brought it out? I’m gonna beat your ass down if I catch you. No Holds Barred. 

If I had Heather’s physique, I’d be taking nudes all the time and showing them to everyone. Like I do with pictures of my dog now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

If I had Heather’s physique, I’d be taking nudes all the time and showing them to everyone. Like I do with pictures of my dog now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same! Hahahaha.  🤣  

I like Maddie, but I think she has to retire, i agree with whoever said that her kicks my be hard now because of her knees.  And that jump split can't be good for anyone. 🤣

• Love 5
On 12/30/2019 at 1:55 AM, Lona said:

Wow. Came to give my thoughts on the Heather "drama." But now I realize this is just stupidity. A person's private right is violated and the reaction is to effectively demote her. And the person in question is a committed veteran who is well-liked by fans and, I have every reason to believe, is well-respected by teammates. What on earth has happened to this team? I doubt she comes back next season. 😡

• Love 3
On 1/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, dccfan204 said:

Updated list

Retiring: Heather, Amy, Molly, Christina, Bridget

Returning: Maddie

My predictions: Lexie, Rachel A, and Savannah will retire // Tess, Gina, Miranda, and Alexis will come back

GLs: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Miranda

2 GLs: Alexis, Caroline, Amber, Daphne?

I'm still waiting for official confirmation of Heather and Bridget's retirement. It wouldn't surprise me if Heather decided to retire after all that's happened, but all we have is a couple of social media posts that don't ACTUALLY say she's retiring, right? Ditto with Bridget. And where did the Christina one come from? Maybe I missed something? 🙂

• Love 4
8 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Yeh she posted her engagement  announcement  awhile back 🙂 They got engaged in July 2018 🙂 

I really like Miranda, she seems very sweet.

But I found her pretty unintentionally hilarious on the Boots Were Made For Talkin’ podcast last year after her engagement. I thought she did a great job whenever she was on but every time she mentioned her significant other, she said “my boyfriend...well, my fiancé now...were engaged.” Every. Time. I don’t think she ever referred to him by his name. She’s obviously very excited about it. I believe she majored in Dance and Business, I wonder if they’ll make their way back to Arkansas and she’ll own/run a dance studio. Seems like it’d be a good fit for her. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Yetta said:

I have to respectfully disagree. The following excerpt from an article in The Atlantic (The Psychology of Victim Blaming) succinctly captures my opinion on this issue (text bolded by me):

Victim-blaming comes in many forms, and is oftentimes more subtle and unconscious than Metzger’s tirade. It can apply to cases of rape and sexual assault, but also to more mundane crimes, like a person who gets pickpocketed and is then chided for his decision to carry his wallet in his back pocket. Any time someone defaults to questioning what a victim could have done differently to prevent a crime, he or she is participating, to some degree, in the culture of victim-blaming.

“While victim-blaming isn’t entirely universal (some individuals’ experiences, background, and culture make them significantly less likely to victim-blame), in some ways, it is a natural psychological reaction to crime. Not everyone who engages in victim-blaming explicitly accuses someone of failing to prevent what happened to them. In fact, in its more understated forms, people may not always realize they’re doing it. Something as simple as hearing about a crime and thinking you would have been more careful had you been in the victim’s shoes is a mild form of victim-blaming.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16

I just hate that victim blaming has seemed to become one of the worst things a person can do nowadays. So no one should ever be held accountable for something bad happening to them because they're a victim? Sometimes our actions can lead to bad things happening. That's why we need to protect ourselves in this world. Because no matter what we do, there is ALWAYS going to be bad people that want to harm us. I agree that we should teach people not to steal or rape or kill and do other things for sure. But not everyone is going to do that and it's why we have to be cautious. That's just my opinion. I've just hated how anyone who says someone should or shouldn't have done something gets attacked by some people. "That's victim blaming and you're a horrible person for it! How dare you!" It's not so bad here with this discussion but in other places it is. And you just cannot victim blame under any circumstances. And it's 100 percent the criminal or whoever's fault, even of someone made "bad" decisions that got themselves in a situation in the first place. Idk.

• Love 8

I hate that Heather got hacked. It super, super sucks. She showed a lot of maturity of owning up to it up front and making TPTB aware of a potentially risky situation.

This show/squad also has a well documented intolerance for any kind of naked pics and sexy pics (outside of calendar, of course.) They also have a very well documented history of cheerleader nudes being stolen and out on the market, that somewhat fortunately for them made bigger news because of international celebrities involved. Less focus on the DCC. However, those cheerleaders also lost post squad opportunities because of it. No doubt all TCC/Vets get a very stern lecture about being a public figure and not taking unnecessary risks. 

So while I’m annoyed that Heather didn’t get the glory most of us she think she earned, I’m not going to be all surprised Pikachu about her having a quiet last year and being swept aside. Amy and Maddie are super squeaky clean and they’re rewarding that behavior. 

• Love 6
On 1/8/2020 at 12:38 AM, SmpIsimon said:

In my opinion, they would have never given her point given the nude photos. 

Nude photos? Heather? I think I must have missed something somewhere. When was this and where can I go read about it? 

1 hour ago, Banyon said:

Nude photos? Heather? I think I must have missed something somewhere. When was this and where can I go read about it? 

Only place anyone has ever read about that rumor is on this forum....no pictures have ever been leaked. It seems, to many of us, that it was just a crazy speculation someone threw out about why she wasn’t made a 2nd group leader last year..and the rumor went wild and grew. Much like Ashley H had a sugar daddy buying her spot on the team & about to get exposed, or Jalyn not making Show Group bc she corrected VK and they punished her.  It’s all just forum talk, so take it for whatever it’s worth to you.   ✔️

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Banyon said:

I really like Heather.  I wish bringing this up could die & hope she doesn't read this board.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Only place anyone has ever read about that rumor is on this forum....no pictures have ever been leaked. It seems, to many of us, that it was just a crazy speculation someone threw out about why she wasn’t made a 2nd group leader last year..and the rumor went wild and grew. Much like Ashley H had a sugar daddy buying her spot on the team & about to get exposed, or Jalyn not making Show Group bc she corrected VK and they punished her.  It’s all just forum talk, so take it for whatever it’s worth to you.   ✔️

It’s not speculation. It’s the reason. 

• Love 19
7 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

It's been well known about Heather, but for the longest time everyone respected her privacy and refused to actually say what happened on this forum. I don't know who outed her in here, but it's been talked about for 2 seasons now. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Griffindoor said:

So by that logic, no one should ever buy an expensive car, house, jewelry, etc. because it will get stolen and it will be the fault of the buyer because they should have anticipated that some morally deprived person will take the expensive item that didn't belong to them in the first place. 

I think my extreme sarcasm was missed in my post about the expensive watch. I thought it was ridiculous enough to be clear. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

As she is my favorite, I will miss her next season. I think she had her best year this year, she looked great in the dances I saw her perform, so happy she will leave on a good note.

• Love 14

I think a lot of the advice vs “victim shaming” stuff just comes down to timing. If you’re about to walk in the mall with your friend and see that her MacBook Pro is clearly visible on the backseat and you say, “hey you should probably hide your MacBook or take it in with you,” no one is going to say “VICTIM BLAMING.” In fact, your friend and most rational adults would probably be happy that you pointed that out. Now, if you come back to the car, and the window is shattered and the MacBook is gone, and you say “you should’ve hid that or taken it with you,” your friend may be annoyed and you may get accused of victim blaming due to the timing.

I think that’s where the disconnect is. Since the admonition about nude pics is  coming in response to the news about Heather, I think it can easily be seen as victim blaming (and she’s definitely a victim), even though I think some posters just mean it to be a general precaution. 

Edited by Jess14
Typos
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9