Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Officially he was fired today (Sunday) instead of letting his contract expire on Jan. 14th as had been the case earlier. Perhaps they have someone they want to hire before his contract would expire? Ravens fan here, so no inside info. except the news.

Could someone remind me when the DCC banquet is and in what month the calendar shoot takes place?

I didn’t think of it that way !! Also banquet is in April 

• Love 1
On 1/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, Agent Gully said:

I love Brennan and Christina for pursuing their goal to make this team. I cannot imagine all the hard work that it took to go through the process year after year. 

The majority of gals who have made the DCC over the decades were never superstar dancers nor made the triangle. However, they were just as much an important part of the squad as those "stars", and will always be able to say they were a DCC... 

For me, I enjoy watching the gals who bring other needed aspects to the team. Leadership, maturity, a shoulder to cry on, humor, etc., all are necessary for a successful enjoyable experience on any team in any occupation.

When you look back on your glory days...dancing, or any type of ensemble grouping (a musical theater show, USO tour, dance company, etc) or whatever...its the relationships and friendships - and all the funny, endearing moments you shared (backstage, on tour...)that you will treasure. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I guess since we got confirmation for Molly, the Bridget “spoiler” must be true as well. Great, more room for VK up front!

Where was the Bridget "spoiler" posted?

• Love 1
On 12/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, dccfan204 said:

My predictions for next year:

Retiring: Amy, Maddie, Heather, Lexie, Christina

Group leaders: Tess, Miranda, Alexis, Gina

Second leaders: Ashlee, Caroline, Bridget, Amber (or Savannah, Molly, and Rachel A since they would be the other 4th years left)

Lexi is not retiring. I’m pretty confident she’ll be a 1st group leader. I wouldn’t mind her at point either 🙂 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Lexi is not retiring. I’m pretty confident she’ll be a 1st group leader. I wouldn’t mind her at point either 🙂 

Nobody knows if she is or isn’t no confirmation on her 

• Love 4
On 1/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, Agent Gully said:

I love Brennan and Christina for pursuing their goal to make this team. I cannot imagine all the hard work that it took to go through the process year after year. 

The majority of gals who have made the DCC over the decades were never superstar dancers nor made the triangle. However, they were just as much an important part of the squad as those "stars", and will always be able to say they were a DCC... 

For me, I enjoy watching the gals who bring other needed aspects to the team. Leadership, maturity, a shoulder to cry on, humor, etc., all are necessary for a successful enjoyable experience on any team in any occupation.

I agree 110% !! 🙂 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I love Alanna...she is another underrated dancer in my opinion. 🙂 

3 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Barring injuries, which I have no idea about other than she's had her knee wrapped some, Maddie said she'd be back for a fifth season, so I see her as Group 1 leader.  I see Gina as a group 2 leader with Lexi as a group 3 or 4 leader and Tess taking the other if she stays. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PhillyFan said:

I feel like Molly’s retirement announcement is confusing. She hastagged “junior year” which usually implies the existence of a senior year, no?

That was my first thought as well. But an earlier poster pointed out the comments on her post as well as Heather’s from other girls on the team. If you look at the comments it’s pretty clear both are retiring. 

• Love 1

When we talk about different strengths of the girls on the team, I often think of Jordan Chanley who said she knew she wasn’t the best dancer but that it took a lot of different things/girls to make up the team.  Loved that girl & her heart.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Yes it’s confirmed. Lexi is not retiring. You can mark my words. :))

Ok it’s not that serious lol calm down 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

When we talk about different strengths of the girls on the team, I often think of Jordan Chanley who said she knew she wasn’t the best dancer but that it took a lot of different things/girls to make up the team.  Loved that girl & her heart.

she was such a doll!!!!  One of my favorite Kelli comments was about her - I think it was something like, "what can I say about her.....?  She skips through her dances 'cause she's happy."  The way she said it totally killed me 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KickPretty said:

Anyone looking to audition for 2020 DCC, the Rockettes are helping you out with the jump splits 😂😂😂😂 (OMG I’d die attempting)

I didn't know that when they did their kick line, they weren't touching each other, and if I remember it right, the gal on the video I watched said about 300 kicks per show.

Havent been on the boards for ages and just saw the bridget rumors. Went to check her insta and it appears she had deleted it, I follow her and cant find it.

Also Ashley from the Mavs the tried out last year also appears to have hidden/deleted hers last I look.

1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

Havent been on the boards for ages and just saw the bridget rumors. Went to check her insta and it appears she had deleted it, I follow her and cant find it.

Also Ashley from the Mavs the tried out last year also appears to have hidden/deleted hers last I look.

Bridget keeps deleting hers then comes back and deleted again 

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if she got asked a lot of questions about if she was retiring or not??

I’m sure bc she deleted it  again right around the time it was said on here she was retiring 

11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I love Jordan Chanley Tabor! She’s as pretty inside as she is outside. Whenever I comment on her post, she’s always responds! ❤️❤️ Sorry if this needs to be under former DCC’S...

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I love Jordan Chanley Tabor! She’s as pretty inside as she is outside. Whenever I comment on her post, she’s always responds! ❤️❤️ Sorry if this needs to be under former DCC’S...

Aren't her kids just 🥰

26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why would she do that?

I had said I thought that she got a lot of questions on her IG account about retiring, maybe??

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I had said I thought that she got a lot of questions on her IG account about retiring, maybe??

Thanks.  I don't do any social media beyond FB.  Wasn't sure why someone who has "followers" would delete a post about themselves since I thought "responses" was the name of the game there.

15 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I know it's early for audition speculation, but I hope Ashley tries out again!  For some reason, I kept getting her and Julia confused in my head for the first few weeks (both former Mavs dancers, blonde, strong dancers).  I was really surprised that they cut Ashley so soon and with no warning.  She and Lexie are (or were, at least) really close, Ashley was a bridesmaid in Lexie's wedding.  I think she and Julia would both be great DCC's!  

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I know it's early for audition speculation, but I hope Ashley tries out again!  For some reason, I kept getting her and Julia confused in my head for the first few weeks (both former Mavs dancers, blonde, strong dancers).  I was really surprised that they cut Ashley so soon and with no warning.  She and Lexie are (or were, at least) really close, Ashley was a bridesmaid in Lexie's wedding.  I think she and Julia would both be great DCC's!  

I know there was concern with her kicks being low (Ashley) but Julia, I was sure she would make it but I was obviously wrong.  😛 I know there was something about her media day training that threw them off.  Someone may need to remind me what it was.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I know there was concern with her kicks being low (Ashley) but Julia, I was sure she would make it but I was obviously wrong.  😛 I know there was something about her media day training that threw them off.  Someone may need to remind me what it was.

She basically said she wanted to use DCC as a stepladder to an on camera job (journalism, I think). Kelli no likey. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

She basically said she wanted to use DCC as a stepladder to an on camera job (journalism, I think). Kelli no likey. 

I'm sure she didn't.....I don't know if Julia will try out again or if they would even consider her again 😞 

19 minutes ago, OhFFS said:

Those are the on-camera stories.  I thought the juicy gossip / speculation / insider info was:

Ashley didn't make it because she had a sugar-daddy trying to buy her place on the team and there were threats of this being exposed... so they cut her

Julia didn't make it because she was mortal enemies with Lisa (while they were both mavs dancers).  Lisa cozied up to VK and whispered some sweet nothings to her, and got TPTB to not like Julia... so they cut her.  I always find it very telling that not a single Group Leader chose Lisa (she received no stickers from them) in their top 36.

There... I've stirred the pot.

I believe the stuff abt Ashley but The Whole thing abt Lisa getting julia cut I don’t believe !! Also they could of gave her a sticker and cmt decided to edit that out to creat drama !! They do stuff like that 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I believe the stuff abt Ashley but The Whole thing abt Lisa getting julia cut I don’t believe !! Also they could of gave her a sticker and cmt decided to edit that out to creat drama !! They do stuff like that 

Except there wasn’t any drama or even mention of it on the show was there?  I find it strange they would edit that to create drama and then not actually create any drama around it. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Except there wasn’t any drama or even mention of it on the show was there?  I find it strange they would edit that to create drama and then not actually create any drama around it. 

It would create drama among the ladies if they ever found out the gls never wanted them on the team in the first place !! 

3 hours ago, OhFFS said:

Those are the on-camera stories.  I thought the juicy gossip / speculation / insider info was:

Ashley didn't make it because she had a sugar-daddy trying to buy her place on the team and there were threats of this being exposed... so they cut her

Julia didn't make it because she was mortal enemies with Lisa (while they were both mavs dancers).  Lisa cozied up to VK and whispered some sweet nothings to her, and got TPTB to not like Julia... so they cut her.  I always find it very telling that not a single Group Leader chose Lisa (she received no stickers from them) in their top 36.

I always found this SUPER telling. She seems like she’s a decent enough dancer, she’s pretty, decent kicks...and no one picked her. Julia was out there getting stickers left and right. And the media training pisses me off she was SET UP to fail. How are you supposed to answer that question?! He said AFTER DCC!!!! Obviously she would want to say I was on the DCC it’s a point of pride. They sure like to say FORMER DCC, Mirrorball trophy winner Melissa Rycroft all the dang time. Ugh. Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense lol 

• Love 18

Updated list

Retiring: Heather, Amy, Molly, Christina, Bridget

Returning: Maddie

My predictions: Lexie, Rachel A, and Savannah will retire // Tess, Gina, Miranda, and Alexis will come back

GLs: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Miranda

2 GLs: Alexis, Caroline, Amber, Daphne?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KatieC said:

Unless it was to create drama for the viewers - we see that none of the GL's picked Lisa and we think her spot is in jeopardy.  Just another storyline. 

• Love 1
On 1/6/2020 at 1:31 AM, fawn said:

When you look back on your glory days...dancing, or any type of ensemble grouping (a musical theater show, USO tour, dance company, etc) or whatever...its the relationships and friendships - and all the funny, endearing moments you shared (backstage, on tour...)that you will treasure. 

So true. When I think of my dancing days I don't think of performances, I always think about what happened at practices or on the buses. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Updated list

Retiring: Heather, Amy, Molly, Christina, Bridget

Returning: Maddie

My predictions: Lexie, Rachel A, and Savannah will retire // Tess, Gina, Miranda, and Alexis will come back

GLs: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Miranda

2 GLs: Alexis, Caroline, Amber, Daphne?

Dear god, if Tess, Madie, Miranda and Alexis all return, next year’s leadership will be a snoozefest. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Dear god, if Tess, Madie, Miranda and Alexis all return, next year’s leadership will be a snoozefest. 

Have you been to a game and seen them preform? 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, OhFFS said:

Bingo. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I was really hoping Heather would come back and get solitary point (not shared point with blah). They really need to return to a glamour girl front and center. 

In my opinion, they would have never given her point given the nude photos. 

• Useful 1
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

Ahhh, right. Forgot about that 😞 Bummer. I guess maybe she's making a graceful exit and concluding while she's ahead.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Besides, they have another blonde in mind to move up front!  Any word on Jalyn?  I can’t believe she’s so far back in the formation!  Doesn’t she have rookies in front of her?  Rachel W will also be up front: