Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I didn't realize I shared a birthday with Jalyn. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's a holiday and a lot of people are recovering from NYE parties. 

You can not focus on ballet as a primary and still come away with a stronger core; which is what my comments were originally about. Victoria isn't the only DCC with lackluster technique, she also isn't the first and won't be the last, but unlike other blenders, she is being showcased in avenues that highlight her lack of technique where others would be hidden. 

She is not a “blender” at all.  She stands out for her power, performance, looks and body type.  Lol.  Blenders are girls like Brennan, Alanna, Christina, Lily, etc.

And there have been plenty of “showcased“ girls w/ less than perfect ballet technique.   Much worse than VKs in fact.  Maddie, Amy, Hannah, Kashara, etc. - all worse ballet technique than VK - are they not “featured” and on SG?

Having good ballet technique doesn’t mean you deserve to be featured on a team like DCC.  It also doesn’t always make you fun to watch or something fans want to see - thus why so many good ballet dancers often get cut.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Victoria isn't the only DCC with lackluster technique, she also isn't the first and won't be the last, but unlike other blenders, she is being showcased in avenues that highlight her lack of technique where others would be hidden. 

This. Right. Here.

I think she could’ve made it this year on her own. But then they continue to shove her down our throats and present her as an amazing showstopper and technical dancer, and she is not. I think she thinks she’s a lot better at lyrical than she is, so she focused on what she liked and what she was good at, not what she needed to be a DCC or well rounded dancer.

Technique is more and more and more important each year as talent gets better but you can’t deny some of the REAL showstoppers, best case in point Nicole Freakin Hamilton, who had very little dance training and not much technique, but dang she had IT. Raw talent and IT. 

VK had the potential to grow and eventually become better and make it to triangle , like what should’ve been Heathers case, but instead they shove her everywhere and try to sell how amazing she is. 

Also - Kelli God love her is not the best judge of technique and gets caught up in tricks - half assed tricks especially re: Melissa, Maddie, everybody who copied Erica’s same combos - so maybe she really thinks VK Is that good.

Judy Trammell knows technique but is going to keep her mouth shut and accept it is what it is, but I would love to hear her honest take on the whole thing. Anythin she says is going to be answers with a BUT CASSIE so she knows to just work Lil Precious in there and keep sweet about it. 

• Love 22

In this performance from the Christmas Spectacular, you can see bridget as a stand out dancer, at 1:09, se looks so powerful and tbh she is the best in the squad right now.

And unpopular opinion, Caroline is blah and boring. (not as much as VK)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DCC-fan94 said:

In this performance from the Christmas Spectacular, you can see bridget as a stand out dancer, at 1:09, se looks so powerful and tbh she is the best in the squad right now.

I have to say that Jalyn looks incredible on this, both in the triangle and on the box platform. Amanda looks great at point of the triangle on the floor but sluggish on the box.

I think VK's problem is she has too much energy and feels the need to dance over the top all the time. There's a difference between power and messy. She's just very big all the time. Kelcey behind her on the box looks clean and precise.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, DCC-fan94 said:

And unpopular opinion, Caroline is blah and boring.

I’m with you. 

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I have to say that Jalyn looks incredible on this, both in the triangle and on the box platform. Amanda looks great at point of the triangle on the floor but sluggish on the box.

I think VK's problem is she has too much energy and feels the need to dance over the top all the time. There's a difference between power and messy. She's just very big all the time. Kelcey behind her on the box looks clean and precise.

Yes, yes, and yes.

what is the guy saying about “the one in the bottom middle at the end of the kickline jumpsplit?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

what is the guy saying about “the one in the bottom middle at the end of the kickline jumpsplit?

I swear before he said the "bottom middle" thing it sounded like something about having a "great boomerang"

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I didn't realize I shared a birthday with Jalyn. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's a holiday and a lot of people are recovering from NYE parties. 

You can not focus on ballet as a primary and still come away with a stronger core; which is what my comments were originally about. Victoria isn't the only DCC with lackluster technique, she also isn't the first and won't be the last, but unlike other blenders, she is being showcased in avenues that highlight her lack of technique where others would be hidden. 

Happy birthday!

6 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Yes!  Exactly this. I have a ballet background but I certainly wouldn’t judge a DCC for not focusing on that genre growing up. Look at Maddie and Kashara...obviously no ballet background there and everyone loves their dance style for what it is.  I can just appreciate each girl’s style & strong points that contribute to the team as a whole. It’d be so boring to see a bunch of technically perfect ballerinas out there! 

That’s something I don’t understand. In Europe (at least in a lot of countries, haven’t researched all of them), you can’t possibly go into lyrical or contemporary without going into ballet first and in order to advance you need to pass your exams even if you’re not going pro. Maddie and Kashara were never going into that style so of course they won’t be that interested in ballet. But Lacey and Caroline have obviously had a lot of training in ballet... i don’t know, it just looks to me like competition studios aren’t that much about actually being a good dancer, but more about how you can win competitions with tricks etc.

• Love 11
On 12/31/2019 at 1:55 PM, go4luca said:

In my next life, if I could have legs this toned and a booty this firm and lifted, I could die happy.  Please and thank you. 🙌

bridget booty_PTV.jpg

You and me both!! 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Just because she doesn't get enough recognition, IMHO.

6a9af1884837e3ac211ed9b45d8c23a3.jpg

35bbb7ad3c8bce4ecb2e4e00ac4c757ea3a51101

DnP1Mt_UcAAjhFA.jpg:large

She was my favorite in her rookie class....and she's my favorite veteran now!! I hope she stays another year because they really need her 🙂

• Love 12
7 hours ago, DCC-fan94 said:

Just an aside, I really enjoyed watching the DCRB dancers in this video 🙂

• Love 4
On 12/24/2019 at 9:30 PM, Holly85 said:

Look who got a solo dcc in motion 

Every time she lifts her dress in this video and the other video (Not that I can stomach watching the entire thing), it reminds me of Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls . . .

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Yea, Jalyn looks awesome too on this, definitely a powerhouse, but i'll stop to talk about Jalyn bc makes me remember abt the nasty things  she have been through all this year bc of an mediocre Kelli and damn VK 😞 and makes me sick... but like one person said about Bridget, i can also say abt Jalyn that im a life-fan of her ❤️

• Love 10
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

TeRoi Happy birthday!

That’s something I don’t understand. In Europe (at least in a lot of countries, haven’t researched all of them), you can’t possibly go into lyrical or contemporary without going into ballet first and in order to advance you need to pass your exams even if you’re not going pro. Maddie and Kashara were never going into that style so of course they won’t be that interested in ballet. But Lacey and Caroline have obviously had a lot of training in ballet... i don’t know, it just looks to me like competition studios aren’t that much about actually being a good dancer, but more about how you can win competitions with tricks etc.

Most US competition studios do ballet, it’s just not their primary focus as their dancers do not aspire to be ballerinas.   My daughter is at a pretty serious comp studio and her and her peers in the senior advanced group do 5.5hrs/week of ballet - that’s the max out physically at her studio - anyone that wants “more ballet” is going extra to a ballet school or paying for privates that are really expensive (a few do this as they are really serious and their families spare no expense).   The rest of her technique is leaps & turns 3hrs, combo/improv 3 hours, and Acro 1hr (she could do more of this and most of the younger kids do).  She also could do tap for another 1.5 hours a week but choses not to.     Then the competition groups all come in on weekends and learn choreo, run dances, do privates, etc.   It is a pretty full week - dance alone is a good 16 hours or more a week spread over 4-5 days out of a 7 day week.  And some of them do stuff like cheer for their school or other sports as well, in addition to going to school and social life stuff.

Now if you compare that to a ballet focused school, ballet schools would spend that entire 16 hours doing only ballet.   Some are like 24+ hours a week of ballet and then other styles on top of that, and a good portion of their dancers are homeschooled and hoping to be ballerina when they graduate.  These types of schools do showcase performances like the nutcracker and don’t necessarily compete.

All the negativity towards competition dancers cause they “don’t do enough ballet” and focus only on tricks is really unwarranted as they work very hard and many are beautiful dancers who are very entertaining to watch. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

Every time she lifts her dress in this video and the other video (Not that I can stomach watching the entire thing), it reminds me of Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls . . .

Last thing I think of is a showgirl when I watch that dance.   She’s a beautiful dancer.   It blows my mind that people can’t see that and focus in her doing things like grabbing her shirt a few times just to find something negative.   I believe the narratives on this site and bad first impressions of her mom over the Chandler grandma incident are really clouding people’s judgement when it comes to VKs dancing.  They have been for a very long time.

• LOL 19
19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but at the moment, I can't even recall what the Chandler grandma incident is so that doesn't influence my opinion.

My take on Victoria's dancing is based on my own years of training and knowing the mechanics of proper technique which @Loves2Dance has far better explained than I've had the patience to do.

I believe TK and Melissa referred to Chandler C. as "looking like a grandma". On this forum it's Season 9, Episode 6, page 3. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I believe TK and Melissa referred to Chandler C. as "looking like a grandma". On this forum it's Season 9, Episode 6, page 3. 

Then shortly after it Chandler was cut and the majority of this board has hated TK since.   I think the Chandler incident was one of her first speaking features on the show.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

From Erin's IG story.  My take is this was in honor of Jalyn's b'day.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

erin_margaret_80542926_227537738245820_7282802809082690755_n.jpg

You’re right as this immediately followed a story about her forgetting to post on the right day but she wished Jalyn a happy birthday in a pic of just the 2 of them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but at the moment, I can't even recall what the Chandler grandma incident is so that doesn't influence my opinion.

My take on Victoria's dancing is based on my own years of training and knowing the mechanics of proper technique which @Loves2Dance has far better explained than I've had the patience to do.

Well I have a lot of experience and knowledge of proper dance technique as well - I’ve been emerged in it for going on 12 years now and spend a considerable portion of my time and money on dance training and watching young dancers perform and be judged...and in my opinion Victoria is good and that the vast majority of people involved in today’s dance scene would agree.  

She may not be everyone’s favorite type or style, but I seriously question the judgment of anyone who would call her a “bad dancer” or someone with “bad technique”.   Especially when the frame of reference that she’s being compared to is the DCC, and especially after watching that solo.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Not fair to paint this board with a broad brush. TK made a rude comment but it did not color my opinion of VK.... any opinion I hold of VK is due to VK’s own actions as shown on the show. 

So your judging her dancing on her non-dance actions that were portrayed on a highly edited reality show? Cause that’s what I mean.  It’s personal preconceptions about her (mostly related to her mom) that are clouding the judgement on her dancing.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Oh I def thjnk TK being so obnoxious and calling that girl who has less gums than VK a grandma def set the stage for instant VK dislike. However, she appears to have done NOTHING to turn that situation around.

it does happen. Remember how hated Tasha was at first, how ugly a lot said Heather and Jinelle were, etc? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Same, my opinion of her dancing (which is that she's good, but not yet great. good showmanship, technique not her strong suit) is based on my 30+ years of dancing and teaching dance

• Love 16

In my opinion...as some say they resent VK because so many try to “push” her down their throat...I’m feeling that same way about Bridget now. 🤮 I was just neutral about her before, she’s cutesy, a little awkward but a solid dancer...but it’s funny how my opinion is turning negative now because SO many are over the top pushing her and I’m definitely not seeing the talent or “look” others claim she has.  
Funny how that works.  

• LOL 9
5 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

In my opinion...as some say they resent VK because so many try to “push” her down their throat...I’m feeling that same way about Bridget now. 🤮 I was just neutral about her before, she’s cutesy, a little awkward but a solid dancer...but it’s funny how my opinion is turning negative now because SO many are over the top pushing her and I’m definitely not seeing the talent or “look” others claim she has.  
Funny how that works.  

Well that's life and people's opinions. I didn't like Kashara when she was shoved down our throats IMO. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Same, my opinion of her dancing (which is that she's good, but not yet great. good showmanship, technique not her strong suit) is based on my 30+ years of dancing and teaching dance

We match!  High five! 🖐️

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Completely agree and I like Victoria.  She is not a showstopper performer in any capacity yet. She could be. She could develop. I think DCC is doing her a disservice at the moment. Take the spotlight off. Give her time and quiet guidance. If she's a true superstar she will naturally rise on her own. Right now, they are highlighting nothing but her obvious youth.

I guess that depends on where the guidance comes from, right? If its TK approved then sure help a sister out, however, if its not its being mean and the girls risk being demoted... 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I guess that depends on where the guidance comes from, right? If its TK approved then sure help a sister out, however, if its not its being mean and the girls risk being demoted... 

Vic has one source avail if she's open to it.  I believe @ShellyB is a certified Cecchetti instructor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/1/2020 at 1:40 PM, go4luca said:

Brennan brings valuable maturity to the team.  She may not be the top dancer, but she has improved and is a great representative of the organization.  I can't help but cheer her on for persevering and in turn, inspiring others to not give up on a dream.   But even more than that, for being so down to earth and relatable. 

I hope she stays another year.

Very pretty and so much more relaxed looking...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

FWIW, I don't think most people are saying that she’s an awful dancer. During the season of the show, Meredith took most of the criticism for making the team when she didn’t deserve too, not VK. think most people are simply saying that she doesn’t have good enough technique to be featured as much as she is, nor good enough showmanship to be put towards the front of the formation, in front of more seasoned vets.

If you look at some of the strongest, pure dancers of the last few years - Whitney, Lacey, Caroline, Megan C, Holly, Olivia, etc- VK does not compare. You didn’t see those girls regularly fall out of simple turns like we see with VK for example. 

If you look at some of the best performers of the last several years - Mia, McKenzie, Jacie, Jenna, Bridget, Kashara... again, she doesn’t compare in terms of being a dynamic performer. That’s ok. She’s only a rookie. She has time to get there, but there’s no reason for her to jump to Gina’s spot in the formation or to get multiple featured dances over other girls. That’s the issue. 

She’s featured cause she does the work of recording on submitting good videos like this latest one.   You think TPTB are supposed to sit there and say wow we got another great video from VK, but Bridgette and Erin have been here longer and they don’t fall out of turns (even though these videos don’t require turning) - so we’ll just have to not post it and wait for them to do something so things are fair?    That’s not how an organization that looks to get stuff done and entertain fans operates.  They are going to post what looks best and they think fans will like - period.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

So your judging her dancing on her non-dance actions that were portrayed on a highly edited reality show? Cause that’s what I mean.  It’s personal preconceptions about her (mostly related to her mom) that are clouding the judgement on her dancing.

Yes, I’m “judging” her (hate that word bc it has negative connotations) and making my own conclusions, based on what’s shown on the show and other DCC-controlled social media (DCC official IG/FB). As for the insinuation that VK is getting a raw deal with editing, well, the CMT team can only work with what you give them. 

• Love 23
11 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Maddie and Kashara were never going into that style so of course they won’t be that interested in ballet. But Lacey and Caroline have obviously had a lot of training in ballet... i don’t know, it just looks to me like competition studios aren’t that much about actually being a good dancer, but more about how you can win competitions with tricks etc.

yep....read any pro dancer bio and most have not won any competition. (convention type of competitions....they are known money makers) 

For the clip of holiday show, I loved Jaylyn. She may not have had a lot of ballet...(its actually hard to tell sometimes from the few clips and DCC stuff) but she is talented and would get hired post DCC land. My eye did go to Amanda...shes a good performer, great body, but poor posture. Its quite noticeable. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Most US competition studios do ballet, it’s just not their primary focus as their dancers do not aspire to be ballerinas.   My daughter is at a pretty serious comp studio and her and her peers in the senior advanced group do 5.5hrs/week of ballet - that’s the max out physically at her studio - anyone that wants “more ballet” is going extra to a ballet school or paying for privates that are really expensive (a few do this as they are really serious and their families spare no expense).   The rest of her technique is leaps & turns 3hrs, combo/improv 3 hours, and Acro 1hr (she could do more of this and most of the younger kids do).  She also could do tap for another 1.5 hours a week but choses not to.     Then the competition groups all come in on weekends and learn choreo, run dances, do privates, etc.   It is a pretty full week - dance alone is a good 16 hours or more a week spread over 4-5 days out of a 7 day week.  And some of them do stuff like cheer for their school or other sports as well, in addition to going to school and social life stuff.

Now if you compare that to a ballet focused school, ballet schools would spend that entire 16 hours doing only ballet.   Some are like 24+ hours a week of ballet and then other styles on top of that, and a good portion of their dancers are homeschooled and hoping to be ballerina when they graduate.  These types of schools do showcase performances like the nutcracker and don’t necessarily compete.

All the negativity towards competition dancers cause they “don’t do enough ballet” and focus only on tricks is really unwarranted as they work very hard and many are beautiful dancers who are very entertaining to watch. 

I don't know of any professional ballet school that only gives their student's ballet classes ...(I work for a professional ballet school for a very good ballet company.)The dancers take obviously a lot of ballet...but also contemporary dance (and kill it), character and flamenco, variations, partnering, and rep class. At our school, the dancers take one semester of contempt and the second semester is jazz. No one is home schooled. But it is very rigorous and leaves little else for the students. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I would like to start by saying I don’t have a horse in this race.  As a reminder:  I became a DCC fan as a kid, am a Steeler fan from birth and was a soccer player who took one year of ballet because my mom made me.   I have watched and own all of the available seasons until this year.  (Please release 1 and 2 CMT!). We don’t get CMT where I live and I didn’t enjoy season 13 at all, so I wound up not buying season 14.  Maybe someday if it goes on sale... 😉  

This forum is my only link to the DCC world and I love checking in daily to read about the latest news.  I truly appreciate all of the pics and videos that are posted here.   But I have to be honest that so much focus on Victoria can be overwhelming.   Sometimes I feel like I am reading a tennis match with some of comments that get lobbed in here.  🎾🎾                             

Having said that, without further ado, let me enter the fray with my two cents solely based on what I have seen on MTT and what I have seen/read here😊 (Remember totally not in the know about anything DCC)

Do I think she gets favored due to her connections?  Probably, I would be more surprised if she didn’t.  Do I think she would have made the team without them? Yes I do.  Do I think she is a great DCC?   Not yet, she isn’t the best dancer I’ve seen, but she does give off a sense of excitement/joy when she dances.  

And just to keep it current...

My faves: Maddie, Heather, Gina, Erin, Brianna, Hannah, Bridget, Jaylyn, Amanda

Ones I really rooted for in TC: Christina, Brennan

Ones I feel like I have no idea who they are: Molly, Tess, Alexis, Amber, tall Taylor, Rachel with short hair (why are they all brunettes?)

thanks for reading and Happy New Year!

• Love 15