Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

Sometimes the best lessons in life are the hardest learned.  It all starts in toddler hood apparently.  Mom says "don't touch the stove it will burn you."  Toddler puts hand on stove and screams bloody murder.  Mom says "I told you it was hot" while tending the burns.  Toddler suffers the consequences and doesn't try that again.

That would probably be classified as child abuse now.  What do moms do nowadays about hot stoves and ovens?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I think a lot of the advice vs “victim shaming” stuff just comes down to timing. If you’re about to walk in the mall with your friend and see that her MacBook Pro is clearly visible on the backseat and you say, “hey you probably hide your MacBook or take it in with you,” no is going to say “VICTIM BLAMING.” In fact, your friend and most rational adults would probably be happy that you pointed that out. Now, if you come back to the car, and the window is shattered and the MacBook is gone, and you say “you should’ve hid that or taken it with you,” your friend may be annoyed and you may get accused of victim blaming due to the timing.

I think that’s where the disconnect is. Since the admonition about nude pics is  coming in response to the news about Heather, I think it can easily be seen as victim blaming (and she’s definitely a victim), even though I think some posters just mean it to be a general precaution. 

Thank you for you words of wisdom.

Finding the middle ground and creating bridges, and not throwing around convictions.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

I think my extreme sarcasm was missed in my post about the expensive watch. I thought it was ridiculous enough to be clear. 

Don't shame me, Bro!

I have mad respect for Heather for having the courage and integrity to go the TPTB. Too bad it worked against her.

If I want to take nudes, I am going to. It's not against the law. And if I get hacked, the hacker will get what he deserves when he sees my flabby, pasty, nekkid self. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
On 1/3/2020 at 5:03 AM, mizzhyer said:

That's a good trio...and Madeline needs a little recognition 🙂  I love Amanda...she has become one of my faves!

I think Madeline is adorable.

• Love 6

First off, WHY when I opened this editor to post something new was I presented with a draft the last post I made in this topic???

Second, here's the football teams Pro Bowl picks (I might be behind posting this but I just saw it): 

When will we get the announcement of the CHEERLEADER that's going to Pro Bowl???

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
typing so fast I forgot how to punctuate the text
22 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

First off, WHY when I opened this editor to post something new was I presented with a draft the last post I made in this topic???

Second, here's the football teams Pro Bowl picks (I might be behind posting this but I just saw it): 

When will we get the announcement of the CHEERLEADER that's going to Pro Bowl???

We got it last week; it’s Amy

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

That's just what it does sometimes when you start posting something and then quit go somewhere else or whatever. It'll still be there when you go to post something again. And Amy was announced as the pro bowl cheerleader a couple weeks ago. 

• Useful 1
34 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

And Amy was announced as the pro bowl cheerleader a couple weeks ago. 

Oh good grief how did I miss that!?!?

35 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

We got it last week; it’s Amy

OK so I am like totally worried now.  As much as I check this board and social media I should have seen that.  How the heck did I miss this?!?!

Does anyone have a link to or a list of ALL the NFL Pro Bowl Cheerleaders for this year?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Oh good grief how did I miss that!?!?

OK so I am like totally worried now.  As much as I check this board and social media I should have seen that.  How the heck did I miss this?!?!

Does anyone have a link to or a list of ALL the NFL Pro Bowl Cheerleaders for this year?

I have a list made of all the ladies chosen 

• Love 1

You probably missed Amy being chosen PBC because it didn't seem to generate a lot of excitement.  I never minded her before, but just because she stuck it out 5 seasons she was rewarded in ways not commensurate with her talent.  So on opposite ends of the spectrum -- the only 5 yr vet and a rookie -- the chosen ones overly hyped by TPTB have become my least favorites and objects of my derision. Apologies to both the DCC who is merely a pawn and to Irving Gordon:

So forgettable, that's what she is   So forgettable, Heather got a dis

So forgettable, dances just so-so   So forgettable, she's all torso

1648740641_thetorso.jpg.4dddacaf38623a65a4281fb7e9d1bf7a.jpg

• Love 7
On 1/8/2020 at 1:12 AM, dccfan204 said:

Wait I missed this scandal! What happened? Did they get leaked? Is that why she wasn’t 2GL last year?

To correct the record, they actually did get leaked!  That is most likely why she was removed as GL for the season

• Love 2

My two cents:

1. Heather is being victim shamed, but they didn't do that to Whitney when a Halloween photo of her as Lil Wayne was "leaked" to the public and in fact became a group leader, went to Pro Bowl while preggers, and was Point

2. Glad to hear that Christina is retiring, I use to be a fan and hoped she make it, but she has no power compared to others, even roookies and some of those that have met her have mentioned her attitude problem.

3. The video upthread with the DCCs dancing with Neal McCoy was so cringe worthy.  I was looking a video when Nicole Hamilton was doing a booty-pop and she and the other DCCs at that time made it look awesome.  The recent one just reminded me of a sad high school girls copy cat of DCC dances.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now.  Thanks! K! Bye! 😊

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 12

I know Amy, Heather and Molly are confirmed retirees, but when did Bridget and Christina become confirmed retirees as well? I know lots of speculation on those two thus far, but was wondering if I missed the confirmation post somewhere. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2020 at 3:13 PM, PhillyFan said:

Exactly! Just like people who wear an expensive watch in public and have it stolen aren’t really a victim of anything they didn’t already put out there. You own something expensive, you should really just expect it’s going to be taken. 

That is exactly what victims shaming is though, but ok.

• Love 1
On 1/8/2020 at 3:32 PM, Yetta said:

Saying someone SHOULDN'T do something isn't victim blaming.   Saying "she deserved it" is victim shaming.   Yes, she is an adult and she didn't do anything illegal.  However, in this day and age a person needs to protect their privacy.   If you would be ashamed or embarrassed if nude pictures got out about you, use the discretion to not take nude pics on a phone.    That isn't victim shaming her,  or saying that she deserved it, because she did not.  It is saying that she didn't use the best judgement in taking the pictures and keeping them on her phone.

Who said she was ashamed or embarrassed?

That is the DCC hang up — you don’t know that it is hers.

The end result is yes, Kelli victim shamed but Holly and Heather when a crime was committed against them. You can try and spin it in whatever puritanical way you want given whatever someone’s hang ups are about nudity or sexuality, but Kelli and the DCC are the co-villains with the hacker here. Not the women in the pictures.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

You probably missed Amy being chosen PBC because it didn't seem to generate a lot of excitement.  I never minded her before, but just because she stuck it out 5 seasons she was rewarded in ways not commensurate with her talent.  So on opposite ends of the spectrum -- the only 5 yr vet and a rookie -- the chosen ones overly hyped by TPTB have become my least favorites and objects of my derision. Apologies to both the DCC who is merely a pawn and to Irving Gordon:

I was able to google and see the announcement.  Even the "announcement" was rather low key for such a "senior" vet.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, rl27rl said:

went to Pro Bowl while preggers

Mods sorry this is in the wrong forum but I can't figure out how to move it.  Isn't it awfully dangerous to be dancing that aggressively while pregnant? ( @rl27rl pls. respond to me in PM so we don't further derail the thread.  Thanks.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I was able to google and see the announcement.  Even the "announcement" was rather low key for such a "senior" vet.

It would have been better if they hadn't cut off the video as she looked in the box:/  But they filmed her finding out and posted things on social media like they did for the other girls.

55 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Mods sorry this is in the wrong forum but I can't figure out how to move it.  Isn't it awfully dangerous to be dancing that aggressively while pregnant? ( @rl27rl pls. respond to me in PM so we don't further derail the thread.  Thanks.)

There are no kick line or jump splits at Pro Bowl - just dancing.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

No. Whatever you did pre-pregnancy, you can generally continue doing during pregnancy as long as it doesn't cause you pain. Some women still run marathons while pregnant. It's all about your fitness level before you got pregnant. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

If I could like this 1000 times I would! Amy is just such a snooze fest & rather arrogant considering she’s riding her 5 year tenure as if she’s the best DCC that ever wore the boots, she is not she’s the least exciting & has zero spark. Veruca I can’t even address... 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I know Amy, Heather and Molly are confirmed retirees, but when did Bridget and Christina become confirmed retirees as well? I know lots of speculation on those two thus far, but was wondering if I missed the confirmation post somewhere. 

Quoting myself because still hoping for help on this lol. Any guidance people?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I’m mainly a lurker who sometimes says hi (and now I’m singing “so I lurk, yeaaah” in my head to the tune of “Creep” by TLC) - I can’t recall exactly who posted it or when, but it’s a few pages back. Not sure that it has been “officially” confirmed by either of them via social media or just speculation and/or insider knowledge we are hearing first. Stay tuned!

#AUDITIONSARECOMING #GoTandDCC (<— too soon? I am just so excited and can’t wait for the audition convos!)

Edited by Kaelha
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

No. Whatever you did pre-pregnancy, you can generally continue doing during pregnancy as long as it doesn't cause you pain. Some women still run marathons while pregnant. It's all about your fitness level before you got pregnant. 

Thanks.  Wasn't sure how that works because I've never been, nor do I ever intend to be pregnant! 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

One of our posters told us - they used to drop in whenever someone was cut during TC and tell us who it was.  Their info has never been wrong.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, mizzhyer said:

I know there was concern with her kicks being low (Ashley) but Julia, I was sure she would make it but I was obviously wrong.  😛 I know there was something about her media day training that threw them off.  Someone may need to remind me what it was.

Plus, she said, “FUCK THIS!” off mike as she was leaving the field after a chat with J&K.*

*I may be off on the location and the causation, but I just couldn’t resist recounting one of the best off-the-cuff moments of the entire series. Helen Keller could have read those lips! 😂👄

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2020 at 1:20 PM, KickPretty said:

Anyone looking to audition for 2020 DCC, the Rockettes are helping you out with the jump splits 😂😂😂😂 (OMG I’d die attempting)

There’s a series on Allure magazine’s YouTube with “A Day in the Life” of various young women, and a Rockette was one of them. A Miami Dolphins cheerleader was also profiled. I was exhausted just watching!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

There’s a series on Allure magazine’s YouTube with “A Day in the Life” of various young women, and a Rockette was one of them. A Miami Dolphins cheerleader was also profiled. I was exhausted just watching!

I posted the Rockette one on the Small Talk thread a few weeks ago.  I was exhausted as well after watching it:)  And it just makes you respect how hard performers train and work.  

• Love 3

I'm sure this is  repeated post...

Note: I wish we had a place on the site to list "the list" to keep from digging thought 10+ pages of postings. Same for the who is on the retiring "list".

Here are the 2020 Pro Bowl Cheerleaders - 

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Pro_Bowl_Cheerleaders_of_2020

Here are the 2020 Pro Bowl NFL Players - 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001089218/article/nfl-reveals-rosters-for-2020-pro-bowl-in-orlando

Congratulations to all (cheerleaders and players) for an outstanding 2019-2020 season. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

Plus, she said, “FUCK THIS!” off mike as she was leaving the field after a chat with J&K.*

*I may be off on the location and the causation, but I just couldn’t resist recounting one of the best off-the-cuff moments of the entire series. Helen Keller could have read those lips! 😂👄

That ranks right up there with Megan F telling off J&K! Classic! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

If only they'd lied about having a medical condition AND having gone to the doctor that the DCC set up an appointment with!  Then they'd have not only made the team, but show group to boot! 😊

All the while being [at best] a mediocre dancer who gets a pass/excuses for rushing the beat, falling out of turns and not finishing moves!

• Love 10
On 1/9/2020 at 11:18 AM, Glamourdoll said:

Don't shame me, Bro!
I have mad respect for Heather for having the courage and integrity to go the TPTB. Too bad it worked against her.
If I want to take nudes, I am going to. It's not against the law. And if I get hacked, the hacker will get what he deserves when he sees my flabby, pasty, nekkid self. 

The DCC has plenty of rules about behavior that certainly can affect a cheerleader's status as GL (or even remaining on the squad at all), despite being perfectly legal: socializing with players, being late, gaining weight, appearing in public without full hair/makeup … heck, even showing up at practice in the wrong outfit. 

So if there indeed is a DCC rule about taking/having nekkid photos, it is not "victim-shaming" to discipline a cheerleader who is found to have them (whether due to a crime or a vindictive ex or whatever). It is entirely possible that had Heather not been proactive & warned TPTB about the hack, she might have found herself off the team.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

The DCC has plenty of rules about behavior that certainly can affect a cheerleader's status as GL (or even remaining on the squad at all), despite being perfectly legal: socializing with players, being late, gaining weight, appearing in public without full hair/makeup … heck, even showing up at practice in the wrong outfit. 

So if there indeed is a DCC rule about taking/having nekkid photos, it is not "victim-shaming" to discipline a cheerleader who is found to have them (whether due to a crime or a vindictive ex or whatever). It is entirely possible that had Heather not been proactive & warned TPTB about the hack, she might have found herself off the team.

But arguably such rule is rather misogynist thereby negating any claim of empowering women (such as any claim exists). 

Edited by Hildegard802
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Hildegard802 said:

But arguably such rule is rather misogynist thereby negating any claim of empowering women (such as any claim exists). 

There is little that is "empowering" about any of the rules in the contract that they sign. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Sorry super confused. Is Amy pregnant? I havent seen anything announcing it.

57 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Sorry super confused. Is Amy pregnant? I havent seen anything announcing it.

25 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think they were talking about Whitney Isleib doing pro bowl while she was pregnant. 

Yup!! Whitney! Not Amy!!

(Squashing potential rumors, LOL)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

image.png.6f62166f1f7d262bdabea0a6fe7315d4.png

so you mean like  the tired TCC/DCC who was studying for her nursing boards (she was at the spa with VK on an eposide), I forgot her name, had to show up at the exam in full hair/face ? ILisa, who loves to workout and do heavy weights, really looks like no hair is out of place at the gym ? 

Edited by sATL

Some scattered thoughts:

-On "The Shake" Tess's jump split was awful! I really want to like her, but she's underwhelming to me. I know they like long legs, but she's soft and "noodley"

-I will never get over Caroline's hair. The color is just not flattering at all, and she looks like she has some weird shag. I want to brush it in front of her face more. I also think they lightened Kristin's hair too much. Looks kind of grey

-What's up with rookie Taylor's face looking orange? I just want to scrub it. I want to like her as well, but her face is not the same color as her body, and that's all I can focus on

-Amanda is pretty in a unique way, but I've realized what is different about her is that she doesn't have a forehead

-I always forget about Briana. I'd like to see more of her

-Does anyone have any videos of Meredith dancing? I'd like to see how she's keeping up with everybody else

-Ashlee's weave and Lily's underbite … Ug, I know I'm a terrible person, but these things just stand out to me

Edited by abracadabra
More
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

While i’m glad we got a new video without VK, what’s the point of dccinmotion? I thought it was to highlight their talents outside of cheerleading but this is just another choreo with literally the same moves they always do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8